Murk's IGF2 + Drive log!

murk01

murk01

Awards
The entire Applied Nutriceuticals product line is exclusive. IGF2, Drive and a few other have really gotten a lot of hype, so im really amp to get into this log. Huge thanks to the Appnut team for sponsoring this log. I will make the most of this opportunity.

Going to be running this with out any additional supps except for a multi,fish oil and BCAA. If needed will be adding 200mg caffeine pill pre work-out. No protein whey powder, will try to get all i need through food...we'll see how it goes.

I will also be following the LeanGains diet plan. Its been mentioned a lot and I finally started looking into it. We be trying dropping some BF and gain muscle, lasting muscle.

My routine is a little in the air. If any one can suggest one I will give it a shot. I would like to get more core worked in. Untill then I might stay with my default routine.

Stats // target
Age =35
Weight = 193 // 193-5
BF = @12-13 // 9-11
May not be possible in a 1 month.

Will shoot for 200g protein, @2,950 Cals and about even split on the micros daily.

I wake up for work 6:40am and usually goto sleep about 12am. Will try to correct that and get to bed around 10pm. Also starting next week will try to hit the gym in the am before work , get those session in fasted.

murk01

murk01

Awards
Day one, Oct 15th

Started fast since 7:30pm on sunday. Woke up about 8am popped 4 IGF2 and 3 Drives . Had a cup of black coffee. 10g of bcaa's. Stayed fasted untill 3pm, then ate like a beast for untill about 6:30 . 7-8 oclock i popped 3 more Drive. In the gym 9-9:45. Did back and bi's. Becuase i was out the gym for a while i did lack a bit of confidence.Wrapped up the day around 11pm with 4 IGF2.

Didnt sleep to well first night. Very light woke, the slightest sounds disturbed me.

So my first day was way off, the gym routine and sleep.

ForumRunner_20121017_140513.png

ForumRunner_20121017_140526.png

ForumRunner_20121017_140538.png

ForumRunner_20121017_140551.png

First try at leangains. So and critic would help. All eating was done between 1-7

Attachments

murk01

murk01

Awards
Yesterday was off day. Heres the diet

ForumRunner_20121017_141047.png

ForumRunner_20121017_141058.png

ForumRunner_20121017_141110.png

Still a little shy on protein. Will add yogurt and natty pb to the menu.

Same routine with IGF2 amd drive.
Already notice increase in libido, not just the crave for sex but also in stanima

murk01

murk01

Awards
These pic's are huge on the comp. been viewing them on my phone till now. Got all the protein in today and a little extra. a bit over on the cals but im sure i burned off a bit at the gym.

20min warm up on the tread mill,

Flat db press
60x13,
90x7,
95x5,
95x5,
95x4

Close grip Flat ez
110x10,
110x10
110x10

Dips bwx

Standing calfs
315x10,
315x10,
315x10,

Work out wasn’t to intense today. but sure to get back into the swing of things by the end of the week.
up at 6:40 downed my 4 IGF2's and 3 Drives .Held my fast until 1pm today then went on a rampage. until 6pm when I finished my feeding with a huge skirt steak hero.

Popped the other 3 Drives at about 8pm. not sure if that's enough time to say i took them on an empty stomach, that might be a problem. hoping to start hitting the gym before work next week . that should get every thing in order and I’ll be getting real fasted workouts in.

ForumRunner_20121017_210608.png

ForumRunner_20121017_210624.png

ForumRunner_20121017_210644.png

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
go to myfitnesspal's website and log in and go to my goals, edit goals, custom-then you can adjust your macro ratios on there so it'll match up for ya on there next time you open the phone app. made it a ton easier

oh, and subbed!

murk01

murk01

Awards
go to myfitnesspal's website and log in and go to my goals, edit goals, custom-then you can adjust your macro ratios on there so it'll match up for ya on there next time you open the phone app. made it a ton easier

oh, and subbed!
Thanks for the tip G. I never actually logged into there site. I have had the program on my phone for about a year too. I'll give it a shot.Welcome aboard!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
haha no prob man. I used it a good year as well till my buddy told me that. good luck

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Will shoot for 200g protein, @2,950 Cals
Good start here , now lets see.

Prot: 1g/lb
Fat: .5g/lb
Carbs: Rest of the kCals

200g prot
100g fat
320g carbs

I like to split my meals in this way:

16-18 Fast (Training happens during the fast)
First Meal to break the fast containing around 50% of the carbs (I like the insulin spike and glycogen replenishment effect you get from the first meal.
Second Meal (no carbs)
Last Meal (pre-bed) before the fast, Rest of the carbs so around 50% of them.

Reason I like the carbs Pre-bed, due to it's recomping effect of having carbs at night, try to make them fast acting carbs so they go towards replenishment quick. IMO I like slow-digesting proteins better for all the meals. Fats that I recommend are almonds and almond butter, peanuts, peanut butter, EVOO, EVCO, Avocados, Sat Fat from beef/turkey/chicken.

If you ever wanna bulk up, don't worry about carb timing IMO, just have at it and fill your macro's throughout the feeding window. Although on all the schemes I use, I like to have the first meal be the biggest, and the LAST meal be slightly bigger than the second meal. So it ends up being like:

50-60% kCals
10-20% kCals
20-40% kCals

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
I'm on this one. If you have any questions Murk just hollar.

jdg76
team APPNUT

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
How did I miss this all day? In for an epic journey!

Drizzie88

Drizzie88

Awards
  • Established
In for the win!

Medical420

Medical420

Awards
YES GUY! I'm in brother!

murk01

murk01

Awards
Calculating Macros for a cut

Check this video tell me what you guys think. I went with all his calc's his body weight about the same as mine. So this is what it comes down to:

Weight = 195lb
Total Cals = 2,132
Fat = 47.4g
Carbs = 213.3g
Protein = 213.39

[video=youtube;FdQUTkdOMZE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdQUTkdOMZE[/video]

I'm not even going to post my diet today. It was horrendous. It went down hill when some lady offered my 2 tarimisu cup cakes as a tip and ended with a "All the Way Burger" + Fries at Five Guy's. I stayed with in Calorie range but, it was +50% from fat! To top it of its an off gym day. I guess ill make to day my cheat day and tighten up the rest of the week.

--I decided to cut out coffee during fasting period and go with caffeine pills for morning boost.
--A 5x5 workout 3x a week because my joints are all rested up and I need to test my self.
--Cardio / abs on Saturday or Sunday.
--Keep cals at cutting, work on those abs I see every one else with.
--Getting Whey powder, today's diet was protein deficient. cant let that happen again.

I'm in the game poppy Feeling siked as fuk right now! don’t know if its the Drive But I'm pumped.

Thanks to for jumping into the log team. its about to get intense :)

murk01

murk01

Awards
Went a touch over with fat but not too bad. My son was sick and i didn't really get enough sleep. Decided to go with 4 Drives pwo. That was a great idea. My mood in the gym alpha. Really feeling it. Would of stay longer had sh!t to do.

Military press
Wu20
135x8
155x4
165x3
175x1
135x8

Smith clean jerk
50x10
100x10
130x7
130x6
150x2

Front bb raises
Barx10,10,10,10

Pullup

Gurrila pullup crunch
8, 8, 8

Did alright with no sleep.
Still got a little work to do on tighting the diet. Feel a bit stronger and moods way up. Going to pop 4 IGF2 in another 2hrs.

ForumRunner_20121019_195523.png

ForumRunner_20121019_195542.png

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Check this video tell me what you guys think. I went with all his calc's his body weight about the same as mine. So this is what it comes down to:

Weight = 195lb
Total Cals = 2,132
Fat = 47.4g
Carbs = 213.3g
Protein = 213.39
Fat intake looks a lil too low IMO

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
^^agreed with them...fats will help you out. possibly lower carbs and raise fat a bit? shift your ratio a little. itll make you less crazy than tryin to only take in 50g

you're keeping up with the protein which is good

murk01

murk01

Awards
Thanks allot bro's, so i should raise it to @97-100g, yeah 47g a day is hard to do.

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Thanks allot bro's, so i should raise it to @97-100g, yeah 47g a day is hard to do.
Yeah, I would shoot for about 100g of fat per day if I were you. Maybe that will allow you to eat some good stuff like whole eggs and red meat, which are both great (Leaner red meats like Top Sirloin).

I'm glad you are liking Drive. It's honestly one of my favorite supplements period. The increased endurance is great, but the side benefits like the huge mood boost and libido increase are amazing. Besides joint supps and protein powder, Drive is the only supplement I make sure I never run out of.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
I have a hard time keeping my fats up. But like Dewey said, eggs and red meat will help. Plus you can add in some peanut butter, almonds, and I got on a kick for awhile eating avocados.

jdg76
Team APPNUT

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have a hard time keeping my fats up. But like Dewey said, eggs and red meat will help. Plus you can add in some peanut butter, almonds, and I got on a kick for awhile eating avocados.

jdg76
Team APPNUT
Hell yea guacamole is amazing and its quite versatile. You can easily add it to a burger or chicken breast or eggs. I love avocados!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards

jdg76
Team APPNUT
All good choices here. I like to snack on pistachios too. I just mentioned eggs and lean red meat because they are excellent protein sources and seem to be on the list of things people think they can't eat. Everybody seems to be about egg whites instead of whole eggs (even though all the nutrition is in the yolk) and chicken instead of steak. This could be a great chance to get the best of both worlds here.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
All good choices here. I like to snack on pistachios too. I just mentioned eggs and lean red meat because they are excellent protein sources and seem to be on the list of things people think they can't eat. Everybody seems to be about egg whites instead of whole eggs (even though all the nutrition is in the yolk) and chicken instead of steak. This could be a great chance to get the best of both worlds here.
Dewey Montannah

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is mainly due to the misinformation and dogma that surround dietary fat

Pistachios are great, just super addicting! If you don't measure out a serving you can eat half a bag without realizing it

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Murk I like your setup with this log so I plan on following this from here on out. Additionally, I think you will achieve some beneficial results from this stack (particularly Igf-2...perhaps my favorite supp I have ever used...I mean hell I am one of the original users of the product and was one of the first to review it and I still think it is one of the best products ever made...NO BS). Honestly, being an old AN rep from the past and experienced user of the product line I have nothing but good things to say about AN and that is without any bias. Been away from the forums for quite some time so I guess now is just as good a time as ever to make a return and follow your log.

Anyway, I am anticipating good things from you Murk and I looking forward to see how the rest of your log goes.

Cheers!:cheers:

-Sean-

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great log so far Murk. I will be following. Been crazy at work this quarter, so I haven't been on AM much other than quick look through my phone once in a while during lunch time. Keep doing what you are doing !

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Great log so far Murk. I will be following. Been crazy at work this quarter, so I haven't been on AM much other than quick look through my phone once in a while during lunch time. Keep doing what you are doing !
Nice to have you along for Murk's log fumoney!

murk01

murk01

Awards
Thanks fummy!!

murk01

murk01

Awards
Murk I like your setup with this log so I plan on following this from here on out. Additionally, I think you will achieve some beneficial results from this stack (particularly Igf-2...perhaps my favorite supp I have ever used...I mean hell I am one of the original users of the product and was one of the first to review it and I still think it is one of the best products ever made...NO BS). Honestly, being an old AN rep from the past and experienced user of the product line I have nothing but good things to say about AN and that is without any bias. Been away from the forums for quite some time so I guess now is just as good a time as ever to make a return and follow your log.

Anyway, I am anticipating good things from you Murk and I looking forward to see how the rest of your log goes.

Cheers!:cheers:

-Sean-
Im already loving Drive. Its seems all around a great product so far. With IGF2 it might still be a little early. But my confidence in the gym is awsome right now. I need to go over my old logs , to get PR info. It seems like i might be breaking a few records.

murk01

murk01

Awards
Props to the AppNut crew. I have noticed how envolved you guys are in all the appnut logs i have subbed.

Thanks for the Great support!

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Props to the AppNut crew. I have noticed how envolved you guys are in all the appnut logs i have subbed.

Thanks Murk. We want to make sure we are here for any questions you have, and also enjoy watching ppl reaching there goals. ;)
Before working for AppNut I had ran sponsored logs and had questions for the rep,and there's nothing worse than needing an answer today and not getting it until next week.

jdg76
team APPNUT

Celorza

Celorza

Awards

If you're talking about Dewey...he is mostly in it for the pics...he will say things like "No Homo" but...we all know better ;)!

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
If you're talking about Dewey...he is mostly in it for the pics...he will say things like "No Homo" but...we all know better ;)!

Haha, you all figured him out pretty quick. Why do you think Vit brought him on board? :shock:

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Haha, you all figured him out pretty quick. Why do you think Vit brought him on board? :shock:
I do recall Vit asking for Nudes to make the applications much better...I imagine Dewey might have gotten creative with the Camera and what he wore (or didn't wear...) for the pictures he sent :D!

AppJeff

AppJeff

Awards
this log took a strange turn.

Great to hear you are responding to Drive, it has long been a staple of mine with good reason.

murk01

murk01

Awards
Yep, Drive is deffinitly impressive.

1st week quick review, 1(no response)-5(complete change)

Power + Mood (3)=
not saying I felt like sh!t b4 i started this cycle. I felt average. I was returning to the gym after a long break and everything was to heavy. That kind of was hitting my ego and fukin up my routine. The boost is cummulative. I feel a little bigger and stronger every day.

Endurance (2) =
better but need more

Libido (1) =
had a healthy libido to start with.

Overall (2) = want to rate higher but its only been a week

Notes: quality of sleep is up. I get up in the am no prob. Feel well rested in less time. i dont want to realy compare to another co's product, but it kind of reminds me of the old Powerfull. Not the **** usp sells now, the one from a few years back. They changed something and it completely put me off to their products.

murk01

murk01

Awards
Took 4 IGF2 and 3 Drive @9am hit the gym fasted @10am. Jumped on the treadmill with a 2ltr water and got to work.

Treadmill
20min1.2mile

Leg lifts

Gurrilla pullups

Plank-1min x3
Rbridge-1min x2
Lbridge-1min x2

Bike
10min

By the time i got home i was starving but had to stay busy till 12. Lunch and time to break the fast. I went ape sh!t . 4 Eggs, whole potatos hash, susage, slice of pumpkin pie my wife made from scratch with coffee.
NIce! Alittle over board and i could of ate a lot more.

ForumRunner_20121021_225619.png

ForumRunner_20121021_225635.png

I still need more work with getting the diet right. But its easier on a work day.

Dosing Mid day Drive , its a little difficult to time between meals.

Last days IGF2 , late about 11pm

bmattstevens

bmattstevens

Awards
Totally down on this log, i've been wanting to try some igf, very interested to see your results.

murk01

murk01

Awards
First pre work(as job) session this week. Got up early 4 IGF2 , 3 Drive, bottle of water and hit the gym.
Awsome session feeling good, Deffinatly stronger endurance and ego way up!

Flat db
45x20
80x10
90x10
95x6
95x5

Incline db
75x10
75x7
75x8

Dips / donkey calf
Bw x 10 / 380x20
Bw x 10 / 380x20
Bw x 10 / 380x20

Super set on last one do to time restrants. My mood after the session is good. Althought i do feel depleated, it was a nice fasted WO. I have a few more hrs to go b4 i can eat. But, its time for a black coffee.

Medical420

Medical420

Awards
Good go bro. Why no post meal/snack? can't remember if its ur plan or not sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
First pre work(as job) session this week. Got up early 4 IGF2 , 3 Drive, bottle of water and hit the gym.
Awsome session feeling good, Deffinatly stronger endurance and ego way up!

Flat db
45x20
80x10
90x10
95x6
95x5

Incline db
75x10
75x7
75x8

Dips / donkey calf
Bw x 10 / 380x20
Bw x 10 / 380x20
Bw x 10 / 380x20

Super set on last one do to time restrants. My mood after the session is good. Althought i do feel depleated, it was a nice fasted WO. I have a few more hrs to go b4 i can eat. But, its time for a black coffee.
That's a nice fasted workout you got in this morning. Do you use any kind of BCAA supplements when you work out fasted first thing in the AM?

murk01

murk01

Awards
Good go bro. Why no post meal/snack? can't remember if its ur plan or not sorry

Going with this leangains diet plan heard alot of good things about it. Might ad well give it a shot. Its just hard to keep macros right with the limited feeding window.
Im about to copy ur routine !

murk01

murk01

Awards
That's a nice fasted workout you got in this morning. Do you use any kind of BCAA supplements when you work out fasted first thing in the AM?
Yeh 10g BCAA in a 2liter. It helps but i can feel my insulin levels get to low.

Medical420

Medical420

Awards
Going with this leangains diet plan heard alot of good things about it. Might ad well give it a shot. Its just hard to keep macros right with the limited feeding window.
Im about to copy ur routine !
I know nada about this^^. I need to jam food post to be able to function though the morning.
Eating clean and lots is all I am doing. I use myfitnesspal If i think i am under cal, but I basically know where I am per meal now.

murk01

murk01

Awards
I know nada about this^. I need to jam food post to be able to function though the morning.
Eating clean and lots is all I am doing. I use myfitnesspal If i think i am under cal, but I basically know where I am per meal now.

Yeh its new to me to. I have see alot of posts about leangains but was never realy atracted to the idea. Untill 2 weeks ago. I was looking into the health benifits of fasting and IF as alternative to hard core fast. Then leangains was mentioned and i started reading more about it.
Works out good with IGF2 And Drive. Both supp need to be taken on an empty stomach. So im doing it like this : i wake up @6 take IGF2 and Drive. I dont eat at all and only drink water, black coffee and pure BCAA untill 12.
12-8 i try to squeze all my cals as clean as possible, leaving a space open for my second dose of drive.
8pm till 12pm next day i dont eat. Except for the pre sleep IGF2 and am doses when i get up.

We will see how it goes G, i got high hopes. Drive meets its expectations, IGF2 need more time till i make a judgement. Leangains should be noticeable in a few more weeks

Medical420

Medical420

Awards
Yeh its new to me to. I have see alot of posts about leangains but was never realy atracted to the idea. Untill 2 weeks ago. I was looking into the health benifits of fasting and IF as alternative to hard core fast. Then leangains was mentioned and i started reading more about it.
Works out good with IGF2 And Drive. Both supp need to be taken on an empty stomach. So im doing it like this : i wake up @6 take IGF2 and Drive. I dont eat at all and only drink water, black coffee and pure BCAA untill 12.
12-8 i try to squeze all my cals as clean as possible, leaving a space open for my second dose of drive.
8pm till 12pm next day i dont eat. Except for the pre sleep IGF2 and am doses when i get up.

We will see how it goes G, i got high hopes. Drive meets its expectations, IGF2 need more time till i make a judgement. Leangains should be noticeable in a few more weeks
Right on bro. I'll be here to see how it goes. I am loving drive as well.