feeding the mucsles w/ MusclePharm's Amino1 (sponsored)

mustang0341

mustang0341

Awards
Thank You MusclePharm for the chance to log this supplement!

Got my tub of Amino1 Lemon Lime last night in the mail and could not wait to dig into it. Before I get to that though let me list what I am currently taking. SuperCissus, Fish Oil, Jack3d and German Creatine. I have a stack starting next week but am glad I have a few days to run this addition without anything else.

Ok, on to it then.

Outside In: Packaging is standard for a tub nothing really to report with the exception of the look. I really like the stark contrast between the green and black of the container....Just looks cool!

Looks: The powder overall looks fine with a few larger pieces seen. Color inside matches the flavor outside (LemonLime) and the smell is not too strong. Slightly lemon and very tame.

Mixing: Overall mixes very well. I use a bicycling water bottle and shake it. That being said only a few time could I feel some grit in my mouth.

Taste: Taste is knocked out of the park. I was a bit concerned because a certain "electrolyte drink" of the same flavor is too salty tasting for me. I mixed it pre-workout (well before the gym) and had all intentions of drinking it intra workout. By the time I made it to the gym a third of it was gone because it TASTED SOOOO GOOD. I have to remember that in the future. I do not like to drink thing (aside from water) during my workouts because I usually get nauseous. Half way through my workout I finished the bottle and still thought the taste was as good as the first sip. I really like the Lemon Lime.

Energy: I had more energy in the later part of my workout but can't attribute it to Amino1 just yet. I have to be sure it is not a placebo effect.

Workout:
Shoulder Press 115x5, 135x3, 145x2
Dumbbell Shrug 80x10 5sets
Dumbbell Upright Row 40x10 5 sets
Dips bwx15 5 sets
Pullups bwx8, bwx6, bwx5, bwx5

mustang0341

mustang0341

Awards
aiight, day two

let me preface this by saying I am in the middle of changing from nights to days at work so needless to say I am tired!

Had some DOMS from my back workout Friday morning (before the above workout) but when I hit the gym I felt good.

had my Protein shake (ON CakeBatter) 30min pre-workout followed by scoop and a half of Jack3d. Mixed the Amino1 for my intra-workout.

Workout:
Alternating Incline Dumbbell Curls
30x10
35x10
40x8
40x6

Hammer Curls
35x10
40x8
45x7
35x12

Barbell Close Grip Bench
105x20
125x17
125x15
125x12

Dumbbell Alternating Curls
45x10
40x8
35x8
35x10

Standing Dumbbell Triceps Extension
70x10
70x10
75x8
80x7

Barbell 21's
barbell weight slow reps and bicep squeeze for burn 4 sets

Crunches 25x2
Leg Pull-Ins 25x2
Oblique Crunches 15x2
Plate Twist 10lbs 20x2

***Lifted at a new gym today and the dumbbell were tearing my calluses up** I wasn't able to hit as many curls and will be getting gloves to deal with that.

Amino1 notes: Still loving the taste of this stuff, very refreshing during the workout and not overpowering. Despite being tired I still had gas left in the tank to hit lifts late. I didn't get the mental slipping that I normally get when I am tired, I can attribute this to the Amino1. I have been taking Jack3d for months now and know that it gets me ready for the gym and gives me good pumps but, I have experienced the mental slipping while lifting tired on Jack3d.

Surprise Ingredient: I am by no means an expert on BCAA supps and can't say if others have this....that being said I love that Amino1 has Coconut Water Powder in it. The health benefits of Coconut Water abound +1 for adding this!

mustang0341

mustang0341

Awards
Off day from lifting today as i am traveling for training I have this week. I am going to wait on the Amino1 and try to hit the treadmill at the hotel when i get there tonight. I will update later

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

mustang0341

mustang0341

Awards
ok, so made it to the hotel.
I mixed up some Amino1 (no prew) and drank half of it before I made it to the treadmill. Man this stuff tastes great. I ran 1.5 miles and walked another .5 inclined then slammed the rest. I feel good despite sleeping like crap due to the change over. I noticed that I forgot to take my creatine today which I though was weird considering how vascular I am today. I wonder if the Amino1 is helping with that....hmmm.

Going to hit the treadmill again tomorrow and will take my Amino1 then.

mustang0341

mustang0341

Awards
day 4

Long day sitting and listening to people speak, not bad training but a long draining day. I decided to only run a mile and just watch Monday Night Football. Relaxing in the room drinking water and then decided to spice up the water with Amino1. This stuff tastes so good I couldn't help myself.

I haven't run in awhile so I expected some sore legs especially from sitting all day. I didn't get any sore muscles at all....NICE THANK YOU AMINO1.

mustang0341

mustang0341

Awards
Couldnt sleep so i hit the hotel gym early today. 40 mins to a good all around pump....a bit of bi's, shoulders and chest followed by 1.5mi run. Good pump and felt great, mixed my Amino1 and drank it during the lifts.
Taste is still spot on and recovery is fantastic!

mustang0341

mustang0341

Awards
Day 6

Woke up at 0645 hit the gym by 0800, mind you my bed time less than a week ago was 0800. I have to say that I expected soreness during my switchover due to lack of sleep but alas it has not come. I feel super saturated during my workouts and am up three pounds. My waist has not changed at all so the weight is all in my muscles!

light week (Chest):

Bench
95x5
125x5
145x20

Dumbbell Flat:
40x15x4sets

Decline Bench:
135x10x4sets

Dumbbell Rows:
40x10x4sets

Abs

Amino1 notes: definitely nothing negative to say about Amino1, very satisfied up to this point with the product!

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
How would you compare the taste to other bcaa products broski?

mustang0341

mustang0341

Awards
How would you compare the taste to other bcaa products broski?
that is the unfortunate thing...I've never used or tried BCAAs before this. I can tell you though from the myriad of flavors of supps I have tried this Lemon Lime is spot on. Even better than sports drinks!

mustang0341

mustang0341

Awards
still going strong with Amino1

main thing to note at this point is that I am drinking less water than I used to DURING my workout. I believe the Amino1 has me very hydrated to the point I am not craving water as much. I am still pounding over a gallon a day though.

Workout:
still light this week

Shoulder Press
65x5
80x5
95x15

Barbell Shrug
95x15x5sets

Dumbbell Side Raise
20x10x4sets

Dips
bwx15x5sets

Chin Ups (assisted)
four sets of 10, first 5 body weight and last 5 assisted (foot on bench for light push)

mustang0341

mustang0341

Awards
I gotta say, I am half way through this and I am wondering why I never added BCAA's before. I love this stuff. Awesome hydration and super recovery. The way MusclePharm nailed this flavor I am anxious to try some of the others. On another note I am sad I am almost done with this tub :(

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
In! Looks sweet man.

mustang0341

mustang0341

Awards
In! Looks sweet man.
Awesome man! Nice to have more knowledgeable people in here! This is my first log so any pointers are more than welcome! I started my second ever log about 5 days after this one too.

mustang0341

mustang0341

Awards
forgot to add yesterday's workout....

Workout:
Last day of light work....

Incline Dumbbell Curls:
25x10x4sets

Dumbbell Hammers:
30x10x4sets

Barbell Close Grip Bench:
95x15x4sets

Standing Dumbbell Alternating Curls:
30x8
30x8
30x8
25x8

Standing Dumbbell Tri Extension:
50x10x4sets

Barbell Curls (7's)
45x21x3sets

Abs:
Crunches 0x30x2sets
Leg Pulls 0x20x2sets
Oblique Crunch 0x15x2sets
Plate Twist 25x20x2sets

Cardio:
1.5mile run (10min)

mustang0341

mustang0341

Awards
Totally slept wrong last night. My back hurts something fierce, i'll try to nurse it in hopes of lifting later today. I will update tonight.

mustang0341

mustang0341

Awards
no workout again today :( I went to the gym and was going to try but it is still too sore. So just as yesterday I will just mix up the Amino1 in a drink. NO issues there either...this stuff as I stated numerous times before tastes sooo good it is an awesome break from water. I actually drank mine yesterday with a meal.

Hope I can get back in the gym soon. These back issues suck, I always have a few episodes a year where I am laid up or just stiff like I am now.

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
Rest up man. The gym will always be there in the end. Back issues are NEVER something you want to ignore. I do some serious back stretching before I lift and even stretch in the mornings if I am stiff lol. Hope it gets better for you man.

mustang0341

mustang0341

Awards
Rest up man. The gym will always be there in the end. Back issues are NEVER something you want to ignore. I do some serious back stretching before I lift and even stretch in the mornings if I am stiff lol. Hope it gets better for you man.
Yea I always try to get a good warmup and stretch in before I lift. I think my issue is I need to stretch more now. My body is not used to lifting first thing in the morning so I am super stiff. I know the gym will always be there but it is just frustrating being less than a week into a new stack and not being able to lift. I started a log of AnabetaElite/ErasePro/TestPowder, though I guess I should look at the bright side. At least it happened early before all the supps really start to kick in :)

to note: I turn to my right side while sitting at work alot (very repetitious). Moving that way now hurts so I at least know that has something to do with it. I noticed that I was getting sore after standing barbell rows last week too. Might have to lower the weight on that workout for awhile.

mustang0341

mustang0341

Awards
woke up feeling much better today and hit the gym at 430am. I am going to buy more Amino1 when the cash becomes available. I am really enjoying this stuff. To this point there are two main things that I have noticed:
1)I feel better after my workouts much faster, like I could hit the gym all over again a few hours later.
2)As I stated in an early post, I drink much less water DURING my workout due to feeling hydrated. I am still pounding a gallon or more day but I feel I hold it better during the workouts.

Noticed that I have about three days left... :(

Workout:

Flat Bench
165x5
185x5
215x11
135x20

Dumbbell Bench
50x15x4sets

Barbell Decline
155x10
165x10
175x10
205x5

One Arm Dumbbell Rows:
45x10x4sets

mustang0341

mustang0341

Awards
phew..yesterday was super long at work. I was so busy I ended up fasting from 9am to past 9pm because I didn't have time to eat. Needles to say I mixed up some Amino1 and it took the edge off the hunger! I have one scoop+ remaining and am sad to see it come to an end. I def need to get more of this stuff into my workouts. Though I have realized that I have not tried any other BCAA supps so I will get a few to compare them to this.

yesterday's workout..I woke up late and could not get a full workout in so I got a decent calorie burn and pump.

Workout:Arms

1mile run to warm up

Incline Dumbbell Curls:
35x10
45x5
40x7
35x9

Hammers:
35x10
40x8
46x6
35x10

Close Grip Bench:
135x15
145x12
155x10
135x15

Alternating Dumbbell Curls:
40x8
35x10
30x10
30x10

today's workout

Workout:Shoulders

Shoulder Press:
110x5
125x5
140x5

Barbell Shrug:
140x15
160x12
175x10
175x10
175x10

Dumbbell Lateral Raise:
25x10
25x10
20x8 drop-set 15x10
20x8 drop-set 15x10

Dips:
BWx15x5sets

Chin-Ups:
bwx5 +5 assisted at 25lbs
bwx6 +4 assisted at 25lbs
bwx3 +7 assisted at 25lbs
2 speed sets of 10 assisted at 25lbs

I will post an ending review tomorrow or sunday!

mustang0341

mustang0341

Awards
ok, I was sick this weekend. I actually picked up a 24hr bug on the last day of my Amino1.

I am very thankful to "pmiller383" and MusclePharm for the opportunity to log this fantastic product. I will be adding some more in the near future.

Ending Notes:
I have four main points I want to hit here.....

Flavor: The taste is spot-on! The Lemon-Lime I received was outstanding. I could drink this stuff all day long for the taste alone. Was more like cool-aid then a supp!

Hydration: I gradually started drinking less water DURING my workouts after taking Amino1. This stuff kept me feeling hydrated throughout my workouts.

Endurance: I used Amino1 without adding anything new for about 4 days and noticed that I had a little more push at the end of my workouts. BCAA's are phenomenal in that respect.

Recovery: DOMs were practically non-existent with Amino1 and when I did get some they were gone far quicker than normal.

This was my first ever log on AM and I hope I contributed to a great company and provided a fair review of this product. Any criticism/advice is welcomed for use in future logs.

Thanks Again to MusclePharm and Amino1