Classic34's life in FOCUS: Caffeine-Free Focus XT log!

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am very excited to have been chosen to log the new Caffeine-Free Focus XT by SNS! Thank you to fightbackhxc for sending me a jug of this from his personal stash tolog...you are awesome! My main goal with this log is to document my experiences with studying/class while using this product but I willalso be adding any differences in my workouts, work performance or anything else I notice has been affected. I will be experimenting with this both with and without stims. I really like the versatility with the caffeine free version because I will be able to combine it with my favorite stims or no stims at all if say I am doing some night time studying. I do have experience with similar items...In the past I have used an ALCAR/DMAE/lecithin stack, a piracetam/pramiracetam/choline bitartrate/occasionally focus xt combo, and also just plain focus xt by itself so I have a general idea of what to expect. I already use about 1.5g choline/day from lecithin as well as 6 g fish oil daily for mental health but throughout this log I will only be taking the lecithin on days that I do not use the Focus XT as there is plenty of choline in the FXT. In the past I have found that boosting acetylcholine has helped me in the gym when it comes to the large compound lifts which rely heavily on technique such as bench, squat, etc. which are staples in my routine. Other things which I will be paying attention to are sleeping patterns, mood, and linguistic skills.

I would also like to add that I am mid-way through my Fahrenheit Nutrition Lean-EFX Refined log. Ihave been using the Lean EFX Refined for daily energy, focus, and productivity but not for fat loss (I am bulking). So far I really like it and I am looking forward to experimenting with the Caffeine-Free FXT/Lean EFX combo. I will be taking note of how I like the combination in this log as well as in my Lean EFX log which can be found here:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213376-classic34-breaks-speed.html Aaaaand here we go!

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Yes! Love Focus XT and I remember asking about a caffeine free version. Am I that far behind its been out a while?

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes! Love Focus XT and I remember asking about a caffeine free version. Am I that far behind its been out a while?
This was actually just released recently. We have been waiting for over a year for this since it was first promised hah.

I started this on Saturday (9/22). I have an exam this Wed. which will be day 5 and I wanted to get the huperzine built up asap before that so I kicked it off at 2 scoops that day. The first scoop was taken in the morning and shortly after I noticed the familiar smell that I get in my nose when I take something with choline in it. It is difficult to describe but right around when that feeling hits is when I start to notice everything becoming clearer mentally. I worked out mid-day and had a second scoop along with my usual second Lean-EFX before a 6-hour evening study session. I definitely noticed an improvement in my mentalendurance. That is, as I studied I did not get mentally burned out and wanting to go home like I usually would.

Day 2 (9/23):
I had just one scoop in the morning to keep building up the huperzine but I did not do anything incredibly mentally challenging that day so there's not a whole lot to say.

Day 3 (9/24):
Monday! Very busy day today and not much sleep. So far I have had 1 scoop of FXT with 1 Lean EFX at 6:15am and the same again at 11:00 am. I am noticing improved clarity which I expected. It is still too early to say how this is affecting memory but with a couple of exams in the near future I should have news on that soon. :)

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Days 4-6 (9/25-9/27):

The last few days I have taken 2 scoops of FXT (1 in the a.m. and 1 in the early afternoon). Still noticing improved mental clarity which is exactly why I am using this. Some times I also notice that this increases my mood and makes me want to be more sociable and interactive with people. This may be simply because I am less foggy which makes me want to be more mentally active. I had a physical chem exam on Wed. morning which involved a lot of calculus and many formulas to remember. I was concerned about remembering all of the formulas but I was surprisingly sharp that morning so I think the Focus XT was helping with the morning brain fog that I usually have. I ended up getting a pretty good grade on the exam which I obviously can't attribute too much to the Focus XT considering I was only taking it the last 5 days or so before the exam but I do feel that it kept me sharp even in a sleep deprived and mentally overworked state which is certainly significant. I am enjoying the versatility of this with it being caffeine free. Last night I was going to do some night time studying so I had just 1 scoop of Focus XT without any stims. I was pretty tired but was able to get some reading in before bed. It's just nice to have the option to take this at night and still be able to sleep shortly after. I have to say that during the day the combination of Lean EFX Refined and Focus XT is totally awesome. They are both excellent products which serve their purpose well and when I take them together I can just keep going on whatever I am working on without getting burned out. I don't crash at all off the Lean EFXand the FXT is long lasting so I can just take them once together before a long study session without having to re-dose or deal with the ups and downs of a short acting stim.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed! Hope you like it as much ad I do

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In as well.

How are you enjoying Fruit Punch thus far?

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Reactions: mw1
fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Reactions: mw1
OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In as well.

How are you enjoying Fruit Punch thus far?
It's not bad. It's not Kool-Aid but I certainly don't mind sipping on it. I have tried pink lemonade and pina colada of the regular FXT and prefered both of those to the fruit punch though. Pina Colada was probably my favorite. That one I actually enjoyed drinking during class or whatever I was doing.

Welcome to the dark side.

Wait, that sounds bad.
Oh haaaaaai. :)

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
its like a reunion tour up i hurr... weres DL?
Basically! I haven't seen DL around. I wonder what he's up to...

Days 7-10 (9/28-10/1):
There's not a whole lot new to report. I think this may be helping somewhat with my short term memory but it could also be because of the improved clarity of my thoughts. Either way I like it. :) I had another exam this morning. There was no math...this one was mostly just memorization. I had to cram for it last minute because my text book did not arrive in the mail until shortly before the exam at which time I was focusing on preparing for the other exam. Usually when I try to study/memorize quickly I forget the information just as quickly but when it came time to take the exam this morning I was surprised at how much I could recall from last night's and this morning's speed study sessions. I will almost certainly be buying another tub of FXT when this log is over. There is no doubt that this is superior to my usual DHA/choline staples. Regular Focus XT would have been a staple for me if it wasn't for the caffeine. I am very picky about my stims (what kind and when I take them) so I don't want to be stuck taking 200 mg of caffeine 1-2 times every day.

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Days 11-17 (10/2-10/8):

Sorry for the lack of updates this week. I haven't been using as much FXT this week as I was in the beginning because there has simply been less need for it and I'd like to stretch the bottle. I have still been taking at least 1/2 scoop daily to keep it in me but since this week has been less studying and more doing things I haven't seen a reason to use more than that other than a couple of times. I am still feeling above average mentally so I assume the FXT is still helping. From here on out I'll be making more use of it again since I'll have more time to study.

As much as I love my Focus XT I do not love that there is only 30 scoops in a jug. Ideally I would be using 1-2 scoops daily every day and at that dose a bottle would only last 2-4 weeks. It would be awesome to see this in a 90 scoop size for a reduced price!

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Ever try mixing it with seltzer? Getting the pour right takes practice but its like an energy drink but cheaper and way better.

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Days 11-17 (10/2-10/8):

Sorry for the lack of updates this week. I haven't been using as much FXT this week as I was in the beginning because there has simply been less need for it and I'd like to stretch the bottle. I have still been taking at least 1/2 scoop daily to keep it in me but since this week has been less studying and more doing things I haven't seen a reason to use more than that other than a couple of times. I am still feeling above average mentally so I assume the FXT is still helping. From here on out I'll be making more use of it again since I'll have more time to study.

As much as I love my Focus XT I do not love that there is only 30 scoops in a jug. Ideally I would be using 1-2 scoops daily every day and at that dose a bottle would only last 2-4 weeks. It would be awesome to see this in a 90 scoop size for a reduced price!
I'll pass the word on to the boss, this a good idea that I never really thought of. A 60 serving tub would be more reasonable though.

Thanks for the update.

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ever try mixing it with seltzer? Getting the pour right takes practice but its like an energy drink but cheaper and way better.
It sounds like a good idea but I don't see myself doing it more than once. I don't like to waste time so I want to just dump it in my water bottle and go. Often times I am mixing it away from home out of a plastic bag. Hmm fizzy fruit punch does sound good though...

I'll pass the word on to the boss, this a good idea that I never really thought of. A 60 serving tub would be more reasonable though.

Thanks for the update.
Maybe I would be the only one buying it in the 90-scoop size lol. Even a 60-scoop tub would be awesome and I bet people like me who want to use it daily would go for it!

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Days 18-26 (10/9-10/17):

Wow what a busy week! I have to say Focus XT really shines in the mental endurance department. The brain turned to mush foggy feeling that I usually get after putting out mental effort for an extended period of time is SIGNIFICANTLY reduced. This has also helped my workouts because even if I have a long day I still have the mental energy to push through a heavy workout. What I mean is that I don't lose that "push" or power or whatever you want to call it that is required to perform heavy compound lifts. I think students and people who work an office job or some other mentally intense job would really appreciate the mental stamina. Memory seems to have progressively improved over the last few weeks but that is difficult to gauge. I am still noticing the same clarity as before. I didn't expect that to change though. I have hmm maybe 5 scoops or so left so my final review is coming soon!

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Days 18-26 (10/9-10/17):

Wow what a busy week! I have to say Focus XT really shines in the mental endurance department. The brain turned to mush foggy feeling that I usually get after putting out mental effort for an extended period of time is SIGNIFICANTLY reduced. This has also helped my workouts because even if I have a long day I still have the mental energy to push through a heavy workout. What I mean is that I don't lose that "push" or power or whatever you want to call it that is required to perform heavy compound lifts. I think students and people who work an office job or some other mentally intense job would really appreciate the mental stamina. Memory seems to have progressively improved over the last few weeks but that is difficult to gauge. I am still noticing the same clarity as before. I didn't expect that to change though. I have hmm maybe 5 scoops or so left so my final review is coming soon!
Awesome to hear.

Focus XT is definitely versatile in those departments, I use it for class, studying, and training. I see a pretty noticeable improvement in retention and recall, it saves me on exams.

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome to hear.Focus XT is definitely versatile in those departments, I use it for class, studying, and training. I see a pretty noticeable improvement in retention and recall, it saves me on exams.
Yup this is totally going to be a daily staple for me. I have 2 tubs in the cart ready to go right now. :) I just wish it came in more flavors...not that I'm complaining because fruit punch is pretty good but man, pina colada flavor in the caffeine containing version is the best!

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yup this is totally going to be a daily staple for me. I have 2 tubs in the cart ready to go right now. :) I just wish it came in more flavors...not that I'm complaining because fruit punch is pretty good but man, pina colada flavor in the caffeine containing version is the best!
I agree with you, and with the way things are going for Caffeine Free FXT, I think you will see more flavors in the future.

Pina is delicious, have some coming in today, excite.

classic34

classic34

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
***FINAL REVIEW***

Taste/Mixability: The taste of this was very good for a supplement and it was enjoyable to sip on while working, studying, driving, etc. The mixability was pretty good however if I mixed up a scoop, drank some and then left the glass sitting for a few minutes the ingredients would settle. It was not gritty at all however so all it took was a quick swirl of the glass or bottle before drinking from it again. Although I did enjoy the fruit punch I'd like to see more flavors of this in the future.

Immediate Effects: Immediately I get an increase in focus and mental clarity with this. I am able to stay on task better and experience significantly less brain fog.

Cumulative Effects: Over the course of the first 1-2 weeks I noticed that my memory was improving. I was having an easier time remembering things from my studying so when the time came to recall facts for another study session or an exam I had less of that "I know I know this but I can't think of it right now" . That always destroys me on exams because like most people I get test anxiety and forget things. After probably about 2 weeks the increase in memory leveled off. While this effect wasn't full on until I had been using FXT consistently I did have better memory at the very beginning simply because of the increase in clarity.

Effects on Workout: I always felt like acetylcholine boosters helped me push more weight and hold form better and this was the case with FXT as well. If you lift very heavy very regularly I think this type of product will make a difference in your ability to control and contract your muscles properly. I think powerlifters in particular would benefit from this.

Other: I really appreciate the lack of caffeine in this version. I don't want my stimulant intake to be dictated by FXT especially with this being something that I am using daily. The lack of caffeine allows me to take this any time of the day and in combination with any stimulants I want (or none at all!). Another little note that I'd like to add is that I'd like to see a bigger tub of this available. 60+ servings at a slightly reduced price per serving would be awesome for people like me who use this as a daily staple!

Would I Buy Again?: Already did!

**Additional Notes on the combination of Lean EFX Refined and Caffeine-Free Focus XT***

Wow, amazing combination! With Focus-XT improving my mental function and endurance and Lean EFX giving me the physical and mental stimulation that I need I was able to improve my productivity and studying was more enjoyable with the lack of brain fog and tired feeling. I was also able to maintain performance while working/studying for a longer period of time. The two products complemented each other very well and I would highly recommend this combination to other students as well.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the review! Gla you like this product as much as we do!