mkretz gets jacked.....the micro way!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
first off thanks to usp labs for givin me this opportunity, i loved the original jacked and look forward to tryin this new and improved formula!!!

I just came off a lo of purus labs condense which was awsome! I put on about 4-5 lbs and am now sitting at about 155 lbs!

I follow an if style diet with workout day calories anywhere from 3600-4600 depending on workouts and activity level, rest days are usually anywhere from 2400-3000 calories once again dependin on activity level cuz i tend to do abs and/or cardio on off days.

I also tend to eat almost all my calories at once at night cuz thats when i have the most tiem, my days are VERY busy.

I will also be taking a multi, fish oil, slin sane V1, genomyx protocol and when it arrives, finaflex creatona!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
today was teh first workout with jacked micro and what better way to start it off than with a leg day!!!!!....used 2 scoops and it was plenty!

i usually lift legs in very flat, converse shoes but forot them and forot my belt.......my lower back was botherin me last week so i was skeptical to go heavy on squats so i decided to preexhaust them!!!!

I like to start every workout with some sort of power movement sometimes ill do heavy sets then speed sets

DB jump squats 10 sets of 3 with 40 lbs dbs!

leg ext.....

4 sets 12-15 drop set on last 2 sets double dropset on last set!

strict form squat, made sure not to let my butt kick back in order to save my lower back

175x8
185x8
195x8
205x6 - couldve done 8 but didnt want to risk the form
235x1

high rep suat, no rest between reps constant tension - these are killer

115x15
115x12
115x14
115x15 drop 95x11 failure on every set!!!

front squat
95x10
95x12
95x15

hack squat - 4 sets 12-15 double drop on last set

1 le le press machine 3 sets 15-20 drop on last set

1 leged squat 50 x 12 x3

2 sets legs in, 2 sets legs out 2 sets 1 legged leg ext

seated leg curl - to preexhaust hams

4 sets 12-15 with double drop on last set....most intense mind muscle connection and burn ive had doin these in a long time!!!

db rdls 4 ets 12-15 with drop on last set

1 legged glute brigdes 4 sets of 15

lyin leg curl, 3 sets 12-15 drop on last set

relly impressed with this preworkout, i had plenty of energy throuhout the whole, worout, ood focus, and reat pumps really looking foeward to the rest of this log!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
todays workout was chest/tris and had increases on all lifts! i was lucky enough to have a spotter for a change so i took advantage of it with heavy sets with forced reps.

bench

145x8
155x8 +1 rep from last week
165x8 +3 reps from last week
165x6+2
170x4+2

epxplosive bench
10 sets of 3 with short rests 105lbs all focused on speed

1 as many set with constant tension....120 x 15 +3

incline barbell

115x12 +3 from last week
125x8
125x8
125x6+2

DB decline 4 sets 12-15 with 45lbs, very controlled, constant tension

BW dips 4 sets between 12-15 on all sets

incline hammer strength

110x12
110x10 drop 90 x 4
110x11 drop 70x4 50x11

machine flys - 3 sets drop on last set all sets supersetted with push ups

vbar pushdown

4 sets drop on last 2 sets, double drop on last set

rev grip oerhead cable ext 3 sets 10-12 with drop on last set.

dip machine 3 sets supersetted with cg pushups

standing rope crunch - really like these, feel like im really able to overload my abs

lying cable rev crunch - - another great way to overload the abs...lay on the ground and put your feet in handles and do rev. crunches, good stuff!!

cable chops 4 sets

ab coaster to the sides 4 sets of 30!

started to loose my focu thinking about my pwo meal and studying and what not but oerall a very solid workout, i feel like i was really able to oerload my chest with the heavier weights and forced reps so im happy!​

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
so far so good, liking the enrgy im getting and the pumps...........mies ery well and taste is good, i almost think of it more of like a pink lemonade than a fruit punch but tasty none the less

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
In. Got some Jack3d Micro on the way so I'll be following.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today was a back/bi workout............overall not hte best workout ive had in a whle but i did a couple different things, felt like i ot a good amount accomplished faster that normal as well...pumps seemed less today though, not too sure why.........

Low rack DL - shouldve just done them from the floor with how close it was anyways lol......quads are still pretty sor from my leg wrokout a few days ago so i didnt want to stress the quads too much....i think thats why my weihts arent that great

245x8
265x8
275x8
275x5+3
from floor-315x1, 335x1

explosive DL from ground - 155x10x3

bent over row - not perfect form but still try to keep the negatie under control

145x15
155x12+3
165x12
175x12+3 drop 135x15

prone row machine

3 sets 10-12

tbar "machine" - has handles that tate so i would start with palms facing me and twist to a neutral grip, real good contractions!
4 sets 10-12 with drop on last set

low cable row 3 sets 12-15 with double clutch at peack contraction ....reall good contractions

one arm smith machine row - in place of 1 arm DB row.....liked them alot suprisingly, as lon as you keep a good arch in ur back u get a really good lat contraction!

str8 arm pulldown ss with neutral grip pulldown - goa good pump from teh pull downs for sure

biceps

1 arm db over bench straight up....these are by far my new faavorite exercise............. i get such a good mind muscle connection and burn from these, reat contractions as well..........jsut gotta get my right arm to catch up to my left....i was stronger on these by alot today though!

cross body hammer curls 3 sets 10-12 with drop on last set

twist curl 3 sets 10-12 drop on last set

one arm cable preacher 3 sets 12-15

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yest was a good workout, extremely focused, much better than the worout before....it was a shoulders/traps wrokout.

I got caught up talking to some buddies which honestly I hate but O well, it didnt mess up my focus like usualy which is pretty cool

did some heavy cleans for sets of 1 only focusing on power, then moved on to standing presses and then 3 sets of push presses for 5 reps with 125, and did 1 set with 135.....

I feel very explosive for the first couple reps but it seems to diminish quite fast.

the computer im on is runnign out of tiem to use lol, i will continue tonight!!!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ok so it was on of those dumb time limit computers so sorry about that.......... first off i took some pics last nith so ill try to get hose up tonight, i will also post a few pics from right before my condense log so you can compare although the lighting is different and its hard to tell.......

so one thing i noticed durin my shoudler workout is that i really tend to tense my traps in almost every movement (shoulder presses, lat. raises) and it showed today, my neck is very stiff and I only did 4 sets of shrugs and its not my traps that are sore it is jsut a stiff neck....... not sure why i do this but i really am oing to try and focus on not doing it next week

today was an off day, did some foam rolling , probably not enough and alot of cardio cuz iw as studying.......calories are at 3300 for today!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
these are about a month old....i feel like my chest has def. gained some size, also my quad looks more deifne dlast onth but i think its the lithing , the more recent pic looks like my tear drop is alittle bigger

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
very fast paced chest/arms work out today

ido2chest workouts a week one with tris with heavierweihts and one with arms with hiher reps and shorter rest periods.

DB incline fly 3 sets 12-15
DB press 3 sets 12-15
DB flat fly 3 sets 12-15
DBflat press with twist 3 sets 12-15
DB decline fly 3 sets 12-15
DB decline press 3 sets 12-15
3 sets of peck deck focusing on the last portion of the motion for a good squeeze
3 sets wide press hammer strenth 12-15

lockout bench 4 sets 6-8 (focusing ontris)
rope pushdown ss bench dips 12-15 and as many on dips
rev grip pushdown 3 sets 12-15
cable kickback 3 sets 12-15

one arm db over bench (get stroner on these each time) 4 sets to failure 15s used to be real tough now 20s are getting lighter and lighter!
e-z bar cable curl 4 sets with drop on last set, double drop on last set
high cable curl fst-7 style
one arm cable hammer curl 3 sets 12-15 with drop on last set

hanging leg raises 10x10 really tryin to control the negative
decline crunch

pumps were really ood today and carbs were non exsistent yest so that was pleasantly suprising, i think the high reps and short rest periods really helped....felt really good throughout......also ended up doing alot of cardio to study for tons of test i have next week so cals are at 4700!!!! yes u read that right, finishing up the last bit now with some ice cream and a quest bar!!!!,

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i was able to sleep in today which was AWSOME, this was the first day in months that i had like no stress, didnt have to et up for anything, had no obligations, oculd just focus on workin out and chillin basically, it was really nice!,

I had TONS of energy today and also a very very ood sense of well bein all day.

I definitiely attribute alot of this to the 10.5 hours of sleep I got.

I recovered pretty decently after a rough le workout yest. les are still pretty sore but not as sore as usual.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
today's workout..... chest/ tris/abs

bench
145x8
155x8
165x8
170x7
175x5+2 forced reps.......alto stronger on this, last week only worked up to 170x4 i was restin longer between sets cuz i was with my buddy

incline barbel

125x12
130x10
130x10
135x8+2 drop 95x8+3.....last week only worked up to 125x8 so this is ALOT better, again rest periods were alot longer, but still, REALLLY stoked about this.

weihted dips

10x12
20x8
20x8
20x8 drop BWx4

db decline
45x15
50x12
55x12
55x12 only got 45s for 4 sets of 12 last week!

wide grip hammer press 3 sets 12-15 with drop on last set

rev grip smith bench 3 sets 12

fst - 7 style cable flys - really good pump, gotta love a nice swole chest

vbar pushdown 4 sets 10-12 drop on last set, double drop on last set

rope overhead ext ss rope crunch x25 ss crunch x 50 .......... 4 sets!

one arm db neutral grip ext 3 sets with forced reps on last 2 sets.

cable one arm overhead 3 sets back and forth no rest for a good pump and forcedreps on last set

finished with smith cg bench 4 sets of 12 with a drop on the last set for a good pump and really focus on the tris cuz they were pre exhausted

4 sets 25 rev. crunches.....overall great energy throuhout the workout, nothing to complain about, good pumps good energy, no crash!!!

cals are at 4600 today!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
quick shout to to my man phil heath, great guy, and def. deservedanother olympia title.......love kai as well and woudlnt' want anyone else up there with phil, congrats to both!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Didnt sleep well at all last niht, my mind was racing........ felt really out of it today btu forced myself to lift...

my hamstrin and lutes are still really sore form my leg workout and being a back day, deads were out of the question for me..... I decided to jsut go with how i felt and did more of an instict type workout. I chose exercises jsut by what i felt llike doin, did a pretty high volume workout with less rest between sets and really focused on contractions of my back.

I did probably about 9 different exercises for 4 sets reps raning from 10-15 with drop sets on the last sets for back and then 5 exercises for biceps same rep range.......overall felt pretty good by the end of it but no where near as good as i feel it couldve been if i jsut felt "right"

pumps were still pretty good though i think the short rest periods and higher reps helped this and i also feel liek i got good contractions

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i have noticed that i have been getting out of breath alot easier while liftin since starting jacked and also get occasional chest pains, i am thinkin of stopping for a week to see if its the jacked or if i have like a heart problem or something, i will give it another week but if it continutes i will take a week off of jacked jsut to see if thats what is causing the issues

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
today was an off day, had 3 tests in school, only activity was cardio while studying ............ chest/arms tomorrow with a carb up, looking forward ot the meal! and the eowrkout, best workout of the week........get swole! Also, no shortness of breath or heart issues yest. so that is good

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i decided to break up my legs again like i have in the past so i can put all my energy into them so today was back and hamstrings

I also decided to start with hamstrings since i always do them after quads and wanted to give them all the attention i could.

deadlift 9 sets of 2 with 315 - really jsut trying to build strenth

squat - 10 sets of 2 with 225 super low, felt very powerful with these, i jsut really wanted to squat al ittle heavier for a change lol

shoulders elevated glute bridge 205 x 10 4 sets, ass was killin me haha goal accomplished!

RDL
185x8
195x8
195x8
205x8
205x8 - best i have done on these in a long time, felt great!

seated leg curl 4 sets drop on last set

lying leg curl 1 leg at a time 4 sets last set was a set of negatives with heavy weight for 5 reps.

high and wide hack squat 4 sets really squeezing my butt with a drop on last set....crazy butt burn lol

1 arm db row 4 sets 12-15........i tried to stay away from any bent over movement like t bar and bent over rows jsut to save my lower back esp after squats and deads.

neutral grip cable row 4 sets 10-12 drop on last set

rev grip hammer pulldown 4 sets drop on last set

cg cable pull down 3 sets 10-12 drop on last 2 sets

str8 bar pulldown ss lat pulldown 3 sets 12-15

4 sets of 15 lower back raises with band around neck....these are teh best finishers ever! glutes, hames lower back were fried!!!!

super intesnse workout, super focused felt amazing!!!!!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
probably felt so good cuz i was focusin on the workout all day and also got alot of sleep last niht, i gotta find a wway to sleep more lol

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
back is really sore from yest, probably form the heavy deads but it feels good with my lats and traps being really sore too, all this soreness form one movement! really suprised my butt and hamstrings are not more sore but maybe that will hit tomorrow

today was chest/shoulders.....my triceps are still sore from a workout a few days ago so i decided to preehaust everything so my triceps didnt get too overtrained

started off with speed movements

banded standing military press explosive
75x10x3

banded bench 95x10x3

cable incline flys 4 sets to failure with drop on last set

db incline press

45x12
50x10
50x8
50x10 + 3 forced - really happy with this since i was prefatigued and sitll maanged some good weights.

weighted dips - with chain aroudn neck
x10
x8
x7 drop bw x6
x7 drop bwx6

cable flat flys 3 sets to failure

db twist press 3 sets 10 with 37.5 dbs

decline cable flys 3 sets to failure

hammer strength decline 3 sets 10-12 drop on last set

lateral raises ss db press all 4 sets of 10 with 17.5 lb lateral raises supersetted with 4 sets 10-12 32.5 dbs
double drop on last set of presses then immediately to lateral raises with 12.5lb dbs with hold at the end! crazy burn!

lying cable high pull 3 sets 10-12

cable leaning lateral raises 4 sets 10-12

hammer strength shoudler press 3 sets 10-12

donkey calf rasies 5 sets 15 plus 10 burn reps drop set on last two sets

seated calf raises 4 sets of 30

very focused throughout the entire workout again, i dunno if its the extra sleep or extra UMF from the supps haha lovign in though, we will see when the week comes and i dont have 1 hours of sleep lol. tomorrow will be jsut cardio and abs, i coudl workout but jsut feel liek my body needs a bit of a break, tehn i will come back hard monday with quads and biceps!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
so i really notice the effects of my test lowering as teh week goes on, i inject tonight and my energy levels were def. lower today, however once i got goin in the gym i felt fine, but it is much harder to get going........ with that said had a VERY good quad/bis workout

I did bis in the morning then quads later on

for bis i did alot of the same things, 1 arm db curl, high cable curl e-z bar cable curl

for quads i pre ehausted the quads to make sure most emphasis was on the quads.

started off with 4 sets of leg ext with a drop on the last 2 sets

heavy squats 225 x 2x10

front squats
115x12x3 125x12

back squats - constant tension no rest
125x12, 12, 11, 12 Rest +3 drop 95 x 23!!!

sissy squats 4 sets of 12 - havent done these in forever but damn these are hard and def. helped to pre fatigue my quads more for leg presses

shorter range of motion leg press with feet close together to focus on quads, 4 sets of 20, drop set on last 2 sets

hack squat feet low on the pad and close again for quads, 4 sets 15 reps double drop on last set.

finished off with 1 leg leg et with no rest between legs witha few forced reps and a static hold

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
jacked is still treating me well....... will def post tomorrows workout tomorrow, today was an off day, just did cardio, no jacked today, still enjoying it, id say im about 1/2 way through the bottle maybe alittle more...i use abou 1.5-2 scoops at a time

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i usually do my carb up day on a workout day....following a cardio only (maybe abs) day...... which is today actually........what do u usually do?

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
well....today was an awseom workout Decided to do shoulders tomorow cu i usually do cleans with shoulders but my quads are still too sore from my quad workout like 4 days ago, i dotn remember them ever getting so sore!, i busted my a$$ that day :)

so today i did chest abs and bis but made sure to do my abs before my bis cuz i really wanna focus on my abs

my bench is goin up and im pumped, its been a long time since i was consistently getting stronger

i was abole to get up 215 after trying 205 and 210 plus warm ups and i really think i oculdve gotten 220 jsut didnt try, so net week im goin right for 225!!!

the workout

bench 180x2x10

plyo pushup, explode onto 2 45lb plates stacked on each other, pause at bottom 5 sets of 6

weighted dips

20lbs x 10
x9
x8
x8 drop bw x 6

banded hammer incline 4 sets of 10 eplosive reps

incline db fly
incline db press
db flat fly
1 arm db twist press
machien fly - all3 sets of 12-15 with short rest intervals

leg raises squeezing at the top and controlling the negative - 4 sets of 12 with no straps 4 sets with straps
rope crunch 4 sets of 12 heavy reps with squeeze
cable chop 3 sets of 15
cable rev chop 3 sets of 15

heavy barbell curl 4 sets of 8 with a few cheat reps
one arm preacher curls 3 sets 10-12 with forced on last set
standing twist curl, 3 sets 10-12 really focusing on good from and squeezing with drop on last set
2 drop sets on incline curl

great workout!!!!! thats all i need to say felt grreat

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i usually do my carb up day on a workout day....following a cardio only (maybe abs) day...... which is today actually........what do u usually do?
I carb up every Saturday, train m/w/f. I do 30min cardio upon waking up then come home and smash. Difference is subtle, yet noticeable. The pump doesn't change but vascularity sets in quicker and seems to be more pronounced thru the day. Cosmetic, perhaps? But it also keeps me moving and doesn't turn into a carb coma.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i tend to eat all my cals at night so teh come doesntbother me lol

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
shoulders/tris

cleans
135x2x8
145x2x2

banded overhead eplosive press
65x3x10

push press
145x3x4

db press
40x15
40x12
40x10
40x9 drop 25x6 drop 20x8

behind head smith press 4 sets 10-12 with drop on last set

lying cable high pull 3 sets 10-15 drop on last set

strict lateral rraises 4 sets drop on last 2 sets with static hold

leral raise machine supersetted with machine press 4 sets

rev grip pressdown 4 sets 10-12 double drop on last set

rope pressdown 4 sets 10-12 ss CG push ups

rev. banded CG smith bench 4 sets 10-12 drop on last set - love the rev band it reall emphasies the lockout and the triceps

one arm cable overhead 3 sets

also ran some sprints after cuz i felt so good haha.......... good stuff today!!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
same thing today......didnt really get into the workout tilli was drippin in sweat from hypertrophy style lifts.........

started out with DL 315x2x10 working on power so 2 reps is hard but not drenched in sweat type more CNS

then did banded rack DLs , i was a a gym with a nice rack/band set up so i had to do these

5 sets of 5 working up to 275

banded bent over row 4 sets of 10

rev grip close grip pulldown 4 sets 10-12 drop on last set

pull up machine 4 sets 10-12 drop on last set

one arm db row (bad form but jsut wanted to move some weight!) 4 sets of 12

3 different hammer strenht machines all 3 sets of 10-12 with drops on last set

finshed off with decline str8 bar et - liek str8 bar pull downs but layin on decline bench, these are awsome for a finisher for the lats!

then did soem bent over reaer laterals with dbs fo 4 sets and with cables for 3 sets 1 arm at a time to work my rear delts since i negliected them on my shoulder day yest.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
did 2 seperate workouts today, shoulders/abs then arms later, used alot of jacked today.........overall felt really good, got into the groove a little earlier today and strenght is def up......tried to clean 155 last week couldnt do it........today, no problem and thats after 10 sets of 2 with 135!

Also my land mine press continues to get easier......... i was doing just 45 for 12 now im up to 60 for 12 !

tomorrow i will be doing a wingate test which is supposively hell on a bike, look it up if you wanna know what it is, probaly gonna take a little jacked before taht lol

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
no jacked today......just cardio, probably got around a week and a half left, not looking forward to running out lol but i will be sure to post a final review when finished........still enjoying the ride!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
sorry for the lack of updates recently, jsut havent been feelin the love in here :-( anyways........

FINAL REVIEW!!!

TASTE: - 9/10- only reason this isnt a 1 is cuz i tend to water down my preworkouts alot so it wasa little wateryhoweveroncei did a shot of it and it wasamazing and a def. 10/10

MIXABILITY - 9.5/10 - mixes very well with a few shakes but a little did sit on the bottom i noticed as my workout continued.

ENERGY - 9.5/10- very good clan long lasting energy, nothing to complain about here.........i am verystim tolerany ant 2 scoops was def. enough every workout!

Focus -
8.5/10 - the clean energy gave a great sense of focus but there were not really any focus specific ingredients which makes teh amount of focus still given quite impressive

PUMPS - 9/10 - The new ingrediens liekagmatine def.madea different in pumps as compared to the original jacked, also with the original i tended to crash at times but not with micro.

OVERALL!!!- 9/10 - i am a bit reluctant to give a 9/10 because it did give mechest paisn that i am still worried about, i cannot cimpletely blame themon jacked but i will follow it closely now that i will be taking a new preworkout for now. I was very impressed by the amount of clean energy i got however because like i said with teh old jacked i tended to crash.............overal i say that this is a def. improvementon the old jacked with increased energy, focus and pumps, and overal a solid preworkout as long as those chest pains are not from this product.

thanks again to usplabs for thei amazing opportunity and congrats on all your new products they all look very promising and look forward to trying a few of themin the future, already love me some modern bcaas when i can afford them lol