PES/USP Testifying for my Muscles, Celorza to the Stand!!

Page 8 of 13 First ... 3678910 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    bolt10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,371
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    Oh I see Makes sense hehe , also what is YTW ??


    (Side note: My biceps have grown Huge without even curling lately :/ all them chin ups haha)


    Note I didn't listen or watch the whole video but that is the general idea. At least based on my usage of Ys Ts and Ws.

  2. Registered User
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post


    Note I didn't listen or watch the whole video but that is the general idea. At least based on my usage of Ys Ts and Ws.
    Damn nice! Looks pretty basic but i can definitely see its use! Thanks a lot Bolt! I'll be implementing them from now on, I like that part of the back actually , this seems to target it pretty nice along with the Face Pulls!
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  3. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,149
    Answers
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    Oh I see Makes sense hehe , also what is YTW ??


    (Side note: My biceps have grown Huge without even curling lately :/ all them chin ups haha)
    Starts at ~:33
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Starts at ~:33
    "Where's your crown King Nothing!!!"

    Oh Btw How do I perform them? A set of Y's first, rest, and then T's and so on and so forth , or altogether and continuous?
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  5. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,149
    Answers
    1


    I do them as one set with 6-8 reps on each portion. Use very light weight as you're working tiny muscles that mainly just need the work.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  6. Registered User
    aceroni's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,689
    Answers
    0


    When I do ytws I actually take an elite fts micro orange light band ( lightest one they have) and wrap each end around my thumbs, as when you do them you want to keep your thumbs pointed up. I find it adds a small amount of resistance and gives good peak contraction..

    Also celly make sure you're doing at least a two to one ratio of pulling to pushing.. The ytws, face pulls, elbow out fat man rows, are all good additions to add to your press day. It will keep your shoulders healthy and build a nice thick strong shelf for you to press on

    Edit:: since I've strained my chest I replaced my press day with an upper back/ light Lat/ rear delt day and I have found it is helping my issue A LOT.

    I also realized what I said was repetitive, I apologize fellas..
    I only say this so that others can learn from my mistake, and not have to go through the bull**** I am going through right now
  7. Registered User
    aceroni's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,689
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza
    Day 16, 10/06

    Supps used Pre-workout:
    -2 scoops TP (it was really in the AM waking up)

    Cardio day:

    -3~ minute sprint to the gym (sort of a warm up not counted in the caloric burn, only the screen calculations from the machine are there)
    -30 minutes Elliptical at Balls to the Wall Intensity.
    -3~ minute sprint back from the gym home (sort of a final push to let it all out...I needed this, again not counted in caloric burn)
    -550 kCalories burnt

    Workout Notes:
    Literally had to blow off some steam, I had a hideous week containing a 2 hours and 45 minute exam (from 7pm to 9:45pm) for Engineering Polymers class...and it was LONG and Mind-Raping...I was still carrying the stress from that night, not to mention I had 2 more exams, one on tuesday and one on thursday...I had to blow it all off here and well...no protocols, no HIIT barely any warm up...just pure catharsis.

    Stack Notes:
    -Vivid dreams are more real now, I had a nightmare around 2am where a spider was crawling on my neck and I woke up almost feeling it...more like a tarantula haha...it was just a dream. It was followed by a dream of someone long gone...laying by my side again that was rather nice I guess. Recovery these nights has been wonderful, and sleep has been deep indeed .
    -Libido is up, Dr Cooper says I should get together with a girl that gave me a condom for a present like 2 weeks ago...it could be possible today, no idea haha...I've lost charm with women .
    -Stack does not seem to increase my cardio threshold YET.
    Dude. If she gave you a condom for a present she wants you to use it on her. Hit her up. Destroy that bitch bro!!!
  8. Registered User
    Airborne42's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    15,527
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza

    This looks like an old reunion now haha , we got BeanPole , Packers , Aaron and now you! Only Punja is missing !!

    Anyhow Welcome bro !
    Lol old times brah
    Purus Labs Anabolic Titan/Rep
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net
  9. Registered User
    Airborne42's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    15,527
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by houstontexas

    Coolest intro ever!!!
    Haha thank you
    Purus Labs Anabolic Titan/Rep
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net
  10. Registered User
    bdcc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,174
    Answers
    2


    I literally hate YTWs. I need them because my thoracic definitely isn't as loose as it could be. If you are in the same boat as me doing them without weight is hard enough lol.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  11. Registered User
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Answers
    0


    Day 19, 10/09


    Supps used Pre-workout:
    -2 caps AB
    -2 scoops TP
    -2g COP
    -6g Citrulline Malate

    Dead-lift day:

    Warm up:
    -115x5
    -135x5
    -165x3

    Working sets: With 15lb total Chains and shoulder with stance. Double OH grip.
    -205+Chainsx5
    -235+Chainsx3
    -260+Chainsx1+1 PR They used to be singles for this weight, but now it felt so easy I went ahead and pulled a 2 rep set and even felt like raising my max...

    -285+ChainsxF
    -285+ChainsxF

    Tried to raise my Max and Failed guys...285 is my max , with the chains it would have been at 300lbs...not yet I guess...I was depressed about that until around noon...then Idk how my day got better

    Quad Assistance: Front Squat Grip Single legged Step Ups. Reps for Each leg. Fast explosion up, contraction on lockout for 1-2 seconds and slow lowering.

    -115x5
    -115x5
    -115x5
    -115x5
    -115x5

    Posterior Chain Assistance work 1: Good Mornings, safety pins at 13 lowering the bar there and stopping for 2-3 seconds exploding up with hammies fully extended and ass back.

    115x5
    115x5
    115x5
    115x5
    120x5 PR

    No conditioning.

    Workout Notes:
    -I could barely wake up and felt tired and destroyed through the whole workout...I did keep carb intake high, fat intake at normal/high levels and enough protein...had about 8 hours of sleep...no excuse I just...failed .
    -Couldn't even do the Bridges or cardio, just felt all defeated and sore all around; that usually doesn't beat me, but this time I couldn't even bring myself to set the bar...sorry guys

    Stack Notes:
    -Still noticing leaning effects and also my mood has certain swings, specially when i can be super depressed for a while and then turn it all around and be the happiest I have been in weeks.
    -Muscle fullness is amazing , I feel such a good pump for a good while after I worked out, like it just wants to stay all day! Odd thing is I don't even do high volume anymore, yet pumps are sick.


    Day 20, 10/10


    Supps used Pre-workout:
    -2 scoops TP
    -150mg Picamllon
    -1g Choline Citrate

    Cardio day:

    45 minutes Elliptical:

    -20 minutes LISS
    -8 sets of : 30 second sprit 1 minute cooldown ; HIIT
    -12~ minute cooldown LISS

    Workout Notes:
    -Was gonna do 1 hour of LISS and had taken some noots to just endure while watching something on Netflix, but I suddenly had a rush of doing some good ol'HIIT after getting bored of 20 minutes haha.

    Stack Notes:
    -Dryness is awesome honestly, but it is odd I feel leaner by the end of the day than when I wake up...considering I HAVE kept carbs a bit higher lately.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  12. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,149
    Answers
    1


    It might be time to ditch the chains and do some straight weight or increase the chain weight to 40-50# to really work the top end. I may have glanced over it, but what's your core training?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  13. Registered User
    Airborne42's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    15,527
    Answers
    0


    Your on the right track bro! Have you tried speed pulls with bands?
    Purus Labs Anabolic Titan/Rep
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net
  14. Registered User
    gregg1494's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,514
    Answers
    0


    congrats on the PRs bro
  15. Registered User
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    It might be time to ditch the chains and do some straight weight or increase the chain weight to 40-50# to really work the top end. I may have glanced over it, but what's your core training?
    -No access to better chains there, but there ARE bands and I can attach them through the Squat Rack's base.
    -Could ditch the chains then if that's not an option.

    All core Exercises performed:

    -Bridges
    -Hanging Leg Raises (usually throw them in between Cable crunches)
    -Kneeling Cable crunches (I should change these to standing I guess)
    -Good Mornings
    -Planks and/or Weighted Planks (In Between Cable Crunches too)

    That's the direct core work, the main lifts get the core too, but I guess you meant the direct .
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  16. Registered User
    Airborne42's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    15,527
    Answers
    0


    When you do deads... Take a thick band... Stretch from one side to the other. Rotate down and step on that bitch for resistance and speed pull it for 5-8 with proper form!
    Purus Labs Anabolic Titan/Rep
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net
  17. Registered User
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Airborne42
    Your on the right track bro! Have you tried speed pulls with bands?
    I've been considering them but for bench and OhP , thinking maybe Clean Pulls to sub out deadlift for a while...heck idk , I just want my dead to keep rising :/
    Quote Originally Posted by gregg1494
    congrats on the PRs bro
    Thanks bro!
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  18. Registered User
    Airborne42's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    15,527
    Answers
    0


    There's ways to do that. I pull once a week and my numbers are skyrocketing. You just have to lift heavy, proper form, right equipment and hit the right acessories
    Purus Labs Anabolic Titan/Rep
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net
  19. Registered User
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Airborne42 View Post
    There's ways to do that. I pull once a week and my numbers are skyrocketing. You just have to lift heavy, proper form, right equipment and hit the right acessories
    Idk I guess I'm just starting to stagger on the Deadlift, and it is the only lift that always goes up for me. I guess I'll have to look into different assistances, or probably look into West Side styles...I have considered it a lot. I could sub out deadlift for 4-8 weeks for Sumo Deadlift or for Clean Pulls and then knock back on deadlifts door, same with the squat...subbing it out with Front Squat for a change, I have been on the same main lifts for like 4-5 months already :/.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  20. Registered User
    Airborne42's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    15,527
    Answers
    0


    I hear you. There is always ways around it! Find your home! You got this bro
    Purus Labs Anabolic Titan/Rep
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net
  21. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,149
    Answers
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    -No access to better chains there, but there ARE bands and I can attach them through the Squat Rack's base.
    -Could ditch the chains then if that's not an option.

    All core Exercises performed:

    -Bridges
    -Hanging Leg Raises (usually throw them in between Cable crunches)
    -Kneeling Cable crunches (I should change these to standing I guess)
    -Good Mornings
    -Planks and/or Weighted Planks (In Between Cable Crunches too)

    That's the direct core work, the main lifts get the core too, but I guess you meant the direct .
    Bands will be too much at this point. You're right about changing the cable crunches to standing, but GMs don't count as a real core lift. Too many other muscles (hams, upper back) take the stress out to train the core.

    If you decide to switch to sumo, it's going to take several months to get all of the technical aspects of the lift down as it is complicated as hell. To me, it's the most complicated lift to master from a technique perspective as you're always having to tweak it depending on how much you currently weigh, strengths/weaknesses, etc.

    Not sure if you know this, but, if you decide to switch to Westside, you will not be pulling that much. It's so taxing on the CNS to pull 100% that it's done less and less the stronger you get.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  22. Registered User
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Bands will be too much at this point. You're right about changing the cable crunches to standing, but GMs don't count as a real core lift. Too many other muscles (hams, upper back) take the stress out to train the core.

    If you decide to switch to sumo, it's going to take several months to get all of the technical aspects of the lift down as it is complicated as hell. To me, it's the most complicated lift to master from a technique perspective as you're always having to tweak it depending on how much you currently weigh, strengths/weaknesses, etc.

    Not sure if you know this, but, if you decide to switch to Westside, you will not be pulling that much. It's so taxing on the CNS to pull 100% that it's done less and less the stronger you get.
    Roger that, I'll stay off Sumo then for now then...I'm still getting better form on my deadlifts as it is to overcomplicate it. And as for Westside...I do know it is not that much and have been reading up on the Skinny Bastard variation (not sure if it's for me yet though) and it does seem quite taxing. Maybe that's what I need? Flaring up the CNS a bit more could help, specially since I never know if I have CNS fatigue or not, or if I am engaging CNS at all!! (I know...so much ignorance in this post should deserve a ban... )
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  23. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,149
    Answers
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    Roger that, I'll stay off Sumo then for now then...I'm still getting better form on my deadlifts as it is to overcomplicate it. And as for Westside...I do know it is not that much and have been reading up on the Skinny Bastard variation (not sure if it's for me yet though) and it does seem quite taxing. Maybe that's what I need? Flaring up the CNS a bit more could help, specially since I never know if I have CNS fatigue or not, or if I am engaging CNS at all!! (I know...so much ignorance in this post should deserve a ban... )
    DeFranco's template is an adaptation for an athlete that plays a sport. This is the reason that it's scaled down a bit because there is a risk of overtraining when combined with the additional stress from practice, games, etc. The dynamic effort is taken out completely, which is one the main changes, and there is a much bigger pool of max effort lifts.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  24. Registered User
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    DeFranco's template is an adaptation for an athlete that plays a sport. This is the reason that it's scaled down a bit because there is a risk of overtraining when combined with the additional stress from practice, games, etc. The dynamic effort is taken out completely, which is one the main changes, and there is a much bigger pool of max effort lifts.
    :/ yeah I like the bigger pool of max effort lifts, problem is...I do not practice any sport at the moment. I could look into the usual West-Side style with dynamic movements to help with the explosion and strength.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  25. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,149
    Answers
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    :/ yeah I like the bigger pool of max effort lifts, problem is...I do not practice any sport at the moment. I could look into the usual West-Side style with dynamic movements to help with the explosion and strength.
    That would just be Westside at that point.

    Good place to start is here:
    http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_..._bible_part_ii
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  26. Registered User
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    That would just be Westside at that point.

    Good place to start is here:
    http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_..._bible_part_ii
    I had read the article, it's what had inspired me to pick the Dave Tate assistance for 5/3/1...Idk I might just pick the normal West Side for next week? It is a possibility I am considering.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  27. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,149
    Answers
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    I had read the article, it's what had inspired me to pick the Dave Tate assistance for 5/3/1...Idk I might just pick the normal West Side for next week? It is a possibility I am considering.
    It's hard to do it solo as you tinker with lifting to failure on every ME. I'd spend at least 2-3 months learning as much as you can about the conjugate system before diving into it as you don't have someone guiding you along the way.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  28. Registered User
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Answers
    0


    Day 21, 10/11


    Supps used Pre-workout:
    -2 scoops TP
    -2 Caps AB
    -2g COP
    -9g Citrulline Malate

    Bench Press day:

    Warm Up:
    -75x5
    -95x5
    -115x3

    Working Sets:
    -140x5
    -160x3
    -180x1+
    -175x2
    -185x1
    -185x1
    -190x1
    -190x1 PR Even did the pause at the bottom for both single rep-sets. Finally bench starts moving UP!!
    -195xF

    195 didn't feel that heavy, I was just a bit tired already I guess. Maybe next week? !


    Shoulder assistance: Standing Overhead Press

    -75x10
    -75x10
    -95x5 + 5 Push Presses
    -105x5 (Push Presses)
    -105x5 (Push presses)

    Back Assistance: Hammer Strength Iso-Lateral Low Row
    -90x10
    -180x6
    -180x6
    -180x6
    -180x6

    Thought I would try something different for my pulling movement. Didn't dissapoint , some months ago I couldn't even do over 95 lb

    Triceps assistance: Cable Pushdowns with full ROM, forearms to biceps with a slow negative.
    -125x10
    -125x10
    -125x10
    -125x10
    -135x10

    YTW's:

    "Super-set" of:
    -(6 Y's + 6 T's + 6 W's) with 5 lb dumbbells.

    -(8 Y's + 8 T's + 8 W's) with 5 lb dumbbells.

    Damn, these BURN! And they are harder than they look! I did them on an Incline Bench like the video Rodja showed me...contracting back first , then raising the dumbbells , contracting for a second and coming down slowly. Mother F*CKER these are hard!

    I don't know if I should do more sets of them or not, but damn that felt pretty damn good too, I felt muscles I didn't know I had...and certainly liked it !

    Workout Notes:
    Finally my Bench Press is on the rise, and I also noticed the motion is really fast! I mean I go down slow, but the chains have taught me to actually accelerate the bar properly and to keep driving through the whole movement. I honestly feel happy about that .

    Stack Notes:
    -Carb cravings are semi-sabotaging this Re-comp...well sort off


    Week 3 progress summary, stats and pictures.

    Weight as of this morning in the nude, and post bowel movements: 144.0 (+1 lb) (I am not happy with this at all..specially since I have been eating 1900 kCals on Workout days and 1500-1600 on Rest/Cardio days... how the heck am I not losing weight?...oh and I measure my food with an electronic scale btw...so not it...also I cook for myself so I know what's in it)

    So far on week three I have experienced:
    -Amazing strength gains
    -Good Recovery
    -Unparalleled Muscle Fullness
    -Skin Tearing Pumps
    -Good Sleep

    Progress Pics (Relaxed , no flex):
    Name:  Screen shot 2012-10-11 at 11.44.28 AM.png
Views: 68
Size:  196.9 KBName:  Screen shot 2012-10-11 at 11.42.47 AM.png
Views: 71
Size:  201.7 KBName:  Screen shot 2012-10-11 at 11.44.49 AM.png
Views: 70
Size:  163.1 KBName:  Screen shot 2012-10-11 at 11.45.12 AM.png
Views: 69
Size:  118.5 KB
    Random Ego Pics taken:
    Name:  Screen shot 2012-10-11 at 11.40.42 AM.png
Views: 65
Size:  244.5 KBName:  Screen shot 2012-10-11 at 11.41.51 AM.png
Views: 62
Size:  243.9 KB
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  29. Registered User
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Answers
    0


    Celly feels like a fatty...
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  30. Registered User
    Airborne42's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    15,527
    Answers
    0


    Makin progress bro!
    Purus Labs Anabolic Titan/Rep
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net
  31. Registered User
    bolt10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,371
    Answers
    0


    Looking good man. Definite improvements! Jumping right in with 5lbs on the YTWs sounds rough.

    Be prepared for random soreness since you haven't done those before.
  32. Registered User
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Looking good man. Definite improvements! Jumping right in with 5lbs on the YTWs sounds rough.

    Be prepared for random soreness since you haven't done those before.
    I feel they really did help, but it was even a PITA to lift them! I had never done them before, and didn't think they would be THAT hard...damn!

    And thanks for the compliments bro! Idk...it's just odd, I'm barely feeding myself and I'm gaining weight and I don't look leaner :/ hmm...might be time to cut back on the broccoli? I mean I do eat a huge amount of Spinach , Broccoli and lettuce...might be catching up?
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  33. Registered User
    Dewey99's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,687
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    I feel they really did help, but it was even a PITA to lift them! I had never done them before, and didn't think they would be THAT hard...damn!

    And thanks for the compliments bro! Idk...it's just odd, I'm barely feeding myself and I'm gaining weight and I don't look leaner :/ hmm...might be time to cut back on the broccoli? I mean I do eat a huge amount of Spinach , Broccoli and lettuce...might be catching up?
    What's your sodium intake like? You could be hanging on to some extra water.
  34. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    AaronJP1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    18,573
    Answers
    0


    Good job & keep smashing PRs bro.
    Not sure why you're not losin weight either. I'm down a bit though. :P

    Keep up the hard work and making progress.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  35. Registered User
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99 View Post
    What's your sodium intake like? You could be hanging on to some extra water.
    It has been quite high these past few days indeed...that and my Psyllium too, but damn...I just love being able to drop 2-3 stools a day. Makes me feel so less bloated from the intestines!

    Sodium...a buttload of Fajita Seasoning on almost any meat I cook, and I put seasoned sea salt on my eggs :/ most likely the water from that then...
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  36. Registered User
    superbeast668's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    6,430
    Answers
    4


    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza
    Day 21, 10/11

    Supps used Pre-workout:
    -2 scoops TP
    -2 Caps AB
    -2g COP
    -9g Citrulline Malate

    Bench Press day:

    Warm Up:
    -75x5
    -95x5
    -115x3

    Working Sets:
    -140x5
    -160x3
    -180x1+
    -175x2
    -185x1
    -185x1
    -190x1
    -190x1 PR Even did the pause at the bottom for both single rep-sets. Finally bench starts moving UP!!
    -195xF

    195 didn't feel that heavy, I was just a bit tired already I guess. Maybe next week? !

    Shoulder assistance: Standing Overhead Press

    -75x10
    -75x10
    -95x5 + 5 Push Presses
    -105x5 (Push Presses)
    -105x5 (Push presses)

    Back Assistance: Hammer Strength Iso-Lateral Low Row
    -90x10
    -180x6
    -180x6
    -180x6
    -180x6

    Thought I would try something different for my pulling movement. Didn't dissapoint , some months ago I couldn't even do over 95 lb

    Triceps assistance: Cable Pushdowns with full ROM, forearms to biceps with a slow negative.
    -125x10
    -125x10
    -125x10
    -125x10
    -135x10

    YTW's:

    "Super-set" of:
    -(6 Y's + 6 T's + 6 W's) with 5 lb dumbbells.

    -(8 Y's + 8 T's + 8 W's) with 5 lb dumbbells.

    Damn, these BURN! And they are harder than they look! I did them on an Incline Bench like the video Rodja showed me...contracting back first , then raising the dumbbells , contracting for a second and coming down slowly. Mother F*CKER these are hard!

    I don't know if I should do more sets of them or not, but damn that felt pretty damn good too, I felt muscles I didn't know I had...and certainly liked it !

    Workout Notes:
    Finally my Bench Press is on the rise, and I also noticed the motion is really fast! I mean I go down slow, but the chains have taught me to actually accelerate the bar properly and to keep driving through the whole movement. I honestly feel happy about that .

    Stack Notes:
    -Carb cravings are semi-sabotaging this Re-comp...well sort off

    Week 3 progress summary, stats and pictures.

    Weight as of this morning in the nude, and post bowel movements: 144.0 (+1 lb) (I am not happy with this at all..specially since I have been eating 1900 kCals on Workout days and 1500-1600 on Rest/Cardio days... how the heck am I not losing weight?...oh and I measure my food with an electronic scale btw...so not it...also I cook for myself so I know what's in it)

    So far on week three I have experienced:
    -Amazing strength gains
    -Good Recovery
    -Unparalleled Muscle Fullness
    -Skin Tearing Pumps
    -Good Sleep

    Progress Pics (Relaxed , no flex):
    <img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=67 935"/><img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=67 937"/><img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=67 938"/><img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=67 939"/>
    Random Ego Pics taken:
    <img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=67 940"/><img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=67 941"/>
    225 by December bro! Aim big! Keep killing!
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream
  37. Registered User
    Dewey99's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,687
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    It has been quite high these past few days indeed...that and my Psyllium too, but damn...I just love being able to drop 2-3 stools a day. Makes me feel so less bloated from the intestines!

    Sodium...a buttload of Fajita Seasoning on almost any meat I cook, and I put seasoned sea salt on my eggs :/ most likely the water from that then...
    Vegetables can have sneaky high sodium levels too.
  38. Registered User
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by superbeast668 View Post
    225 by December bro! Aim big! Keep killing!
    Thanks bro! I really hope so !!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99 View Post
    Vegetables can have sneaky high sodium levels too.
    That could be it too...and I do drink a lot of water too :/
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  39. Registered User
    BPjohn123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    6,952
    Answers
    0


    Keep plugging away bro
    PES REPRESENTATIVE
    pescience.com
    http://pescience.com/insider
  40. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,631
    Answers
    0


    I completely cut out dairy & mayo. Everything's normal now
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Maintaining my muscle, how to?
    By Benjamin1 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-06-2012, 07:26 PM
  2. For Sale: USP Prime for trade (Muscle Builders)
    By PrepNwa23 in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-26-2010, 06:54 PM
  3. Dosage for my Cycle? When to take everything
    By dothereject in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-10-2009, 11:52 PM
  4. can i take my lil bro to the gym w/me he's 15
    By realsoundjim in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-24-2004, 04:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in