PES/USP Testifying for my Muscles, Celorza to the Stand!!

Page 6 of 13 First ... 4567811 ... Last
  1. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Answers

CelorzA,remwmber u arw a body builder.Not a power lifter.So u should always feel your repa.Every bodybuilder incorporates power lifting and strength training routines in there mix to help with mass and strength..but bbing and PL arw two different worlds...so remember what u r and train that way....and u dont have to just agree with someone cause there a rep or been here longer ..what works for u works and if u r learning and making gains,stick with it

2. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja

You need to learn the difference between training a muscle and training a movement.
    I know plenty about training for a movement..but he is a bodybuilder and trains as a bodybuilder with strength training routines incorporated.

You need to learn the diff betwwen the 2 amd learn how to incorporate both while not forgetting what you train for and in Cellys case now,hes a bodybuilder.
  3. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Jay888999 View Post
    I know plenty about training for a movement..but he is a bodybuilder and trains as a bodybuilder with strength training routines incorporated.

You need to learn the diff betwwen the 2 amd learn how to incorporate both while not forgetting what you train for and in Cellys case now,hes a bodybuilder.
    Except for that whole 5/3/1 thing that he's following, which, in case you didn't know, is routed in PL'ing ergo makes the first lift about the movement and not a specific muscle.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    •   

4. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja

Except for that whole 5/3/1 thing that he's following, which, in case you didn't know, is routed in PL'ing ergo makes the first lift about the movement and not a specific muscle.
    Dude,i know..but u r off topic.My reply was to your comment,which i am at work and dont have time to copy n paste now...but im not talking routines but one bite of advice u gave.
    Simething like" whwn u are luftung heavy,no mind to muscle it dont matter cause u r not training a body part" or whatever sillyness u said...lol...stay on track kid,itll be alright
  5. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Answers

Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Answers

CelorzA,remwmber u arw a body builder.Not a power lifter.So u should always feel your repa.Every bodybuilder incorporates power lifting and strength training routines in there mix to help with mass and strength..but bbing and PL arw two different worlds...so remember what u r and train that way....and u dont have to just agree with someone cause there a rep or been here longer ..what works for u works and if u r learning and making gains,stick with it
    Jay I wanna be a Powerlifter haha , not a Bodybuilder . I think I might have not made that clear ! I still want to try and attempt my Powerlifting Venues, and I want to compete in either 1-3 years depending on my progression (Realistically I wanna be doing it by 2 years, but my friend says I could have a shot in next years August meet haha). I do think that MM connection has a point in all this though, specially on the assistances where I have to mainly focus on getting each muscle stronger . Both you and Rodja are correct to a certain point. Power movements will be without thinking them much, just thinking on staying tight and exploding , and MM connection will be done for Hypertrophy-geared assistances !
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    That's why I picked 5/3/1 . Thanks for the advice Rodja I really appreciate it!
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  7. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Celorza
    Jay I wanna be a Powerlifter haha , not a Bodybuilder . I think I might have not made that clear ! I still want to try and attempt my Powerlifting Venues, and I want to compete in either 1-3 years depending on my progression (Realistically I wanna be doing it by 2 years, but my friend says I could have a shot in next years August meet haha). I do think that MM connection has a point in all this though, specially on the assistances where I have to mainly focus on getting each muscle stronger . Both you and Rodja are correct to a certain point. Power movements will be without thinking them much, just thinking on staying tight and exploding , and MM connection will be done for Hypertrophy-geared assistances !

That's why I picked 5/3/1 . Thanks for the advice Rodja I really appreciate it!
    I respect ya will!! But question your loyalty to who u are to yourself as a person.

Dont be scared,u change opinions often to please others on here..Its not what makes a man! Its quiet noticable.

Be who u are and dont worry about others..This is just a forum,nothing else bro
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Answers

I respect ya will!! But queation your loyalty to who u are.

Dont be scared,u change opinions often to please others on here..Its not what makes a man!
    Jay check the OP , and my posts since around...hm...May? I decided upon Powerlifting then. I found a way to be at peace with myself...I want power and strength...My physique is important only to a degree, my main wish and desire is to be stronger than many of the people I know, and I don't wanna stop until I do so.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  9. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Dude,i know..but u r off topic.My reply was to your comment,which i am at work and dont have time to copy n paste now...but im not talking routines but one bite of advice u gave.
    Simething like" whwn u are luftung heavy,no mind to muscle it dont matter cause u r not training a body part" or whatever sillyness u said...lol...stay on track kid,itll be alright
    However, your ignorance on the topic shows by you, once again, running your mouth when you are highly ill-informed. He's made it very clear that his goal is PL and the very fact that you missed that shows that you should sit back and make sure your opinion is relevant. When training a movement (e.g. squat, bench) you are focused on the MOVEMENT, not a muscle since there is not a specific muscle that is being worked. If you'll take a moment to read, you'll notice that I said on the main movement there is not a M-M connection as there is not a specific group that is being worked. You obviously do not understand PL'ing at all and you need to educate yourself on said topic before you keep offering advice.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Answers

In for the lols...
  11. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Mod edit: ba bye. People are tired ofyour attitude.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Answers

I revere Rodja as one of the smartest men in this forum...not only for his knowledge about training but also for his career as a personal trainer that is well known here in Texas...Not to mention he is also one of the most educated people in online forums about Exercise Science, kinesiology and anatomy...he is even a renowned published author...PES is lucky to have him actually.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  13. Registered User
    Answers

Back to the topic.......Killin it Celly!
    PES REPRESENTATIVE
    pescience.com
    http://pescience.com/insider
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BPjohn123
    Thanks buddy !
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Answers

Edit. No point in original post since jay is banned
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream
  16. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BPjohn123 View Post
    That he is.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    That he is.
    Thanks Rodja! Means a lot !
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.
    Answers

I came back and starting reading the last couple pages and forgot for a minute that this log wasn't on BB.com. So much spice. Better now that we can move on and see Celly continue to crush it.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99 View Post
    I came back and starting reading the last couple pages and forgot for a minute that this log wasn't on BB.com. So much spice. Better now that we can move on and see Celly continue to crush it.
    LOL +1 Cel knows his **** and will continue to crush the iron in front of him, on him, or below him
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
    STIMaholic & PHENADROL Now Available!
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  161 lbs.
    Answers

Alright! Maybe 11 pages late , but I am in! About time you logged something Celly!

Keep Killing it my good man! Excited to see this pan out!

Can you plz be kind enough to layout your breakdown of HIIT, I have read too many articles to understand it, and what used to feel like HIIT to me when I started, (7.2mph incline of 3) now feels standard, and I am scared of going further due to bad knees.
    MEM->DCA->PHL->MEM
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey99 View Post
    Thanks Brother Dewey !
    Quote Originally Posted by DJBeanPole View Post
    LOL +1 Cel knows his **** and will continue to crush the iron in front of him, on him, or below him
    You are very kind my friend thanks!.
    Quote Originally Posted by Invycktus View Post
    Alright! Maybe 11 pages late , but I am in! About time you logged something Celly!

Keep Killing it my good man! Excited to see this pan out!

Can you plz be kind enough to layout your breakdown of HIIT, I have read too many articles to understand it, and what used to feel like HIIT to me when I started, (7.2mph incline of 3) now feels standard, and I am scared of going further due to bad knees.
    Welcome bro! Ok usual HIIT protocol I do:

Be it for Elliptical or outside Running:
    -5 minute warm up jog.
    -6-10 sets of:
    -30 second ALL OUT sprint. + 1 minute cooldown.
    -1 last sprint of 1 minute or a bit more, just a little shy of failure.
    -5 minute cool down jog/walk.

If I feel I need more, I merely add more sets . Hope that helps bro!

Day 13, 10/03

Cardio Day:
    -30 minutes HIT Stairmaster.
    -420 kCals Burned.

Supps Consumed:
    -Test Powder 2 scoops upon Waking.

Workout Notes:
    -I got winded and out of breath by the 20th minute mark but still pushed hard for 30 minutes at least. Diet will be adjusted today to punish this mistake, lowered kCalories and Carbohydrates are in order.

Stack Notes:
    -Sleep is now featuring vivid dreams, on the bright side most of the dream is real nice and pleasant...until it turns into a rather vivid Nightmare ! (I have Night Terrors, so the little amount of good dreams I get is amazing)
    -No matter the nightmares, waking up fully rested and recovered is A+ in my books .
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  22. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Answers

You do your HIIT cardio on a tredmil? If I had a track within walking distance of my apartment if probably be much more likely to do it. Sprint the straights, walk/light jog the turn for 2 miles with warm up & cool down being walking to and from the track. Probably 30min total with 20 being the HIIT.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    You do your HIIT cardio on a tredmil? If I had a track within walking distance of my apartment if probably be much more likely to do it. Sprint the straights, walk/light jog the turn for 2 miles with warm up & cool down being walking to and from the track. Probably 30min total with 20 being the HIIT.
    I never do HIIT on a treadmill anymore :/ I rather outside. I wrote it as Elliptical Machine OR outside running haha, I don't like HIIT on treadmills anymore, I found that I can sprint faster and control the time lengths better outside !

Oh and I do have 2 tracks at walking distance from my apartment xD!
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  24. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

I never do HIIT on a treadmill anymore :/ I rather outside. I wrote it as Elliptical Machine OR outside running haha, I don't like HIIT on treadmills anymore, I found that I can sprint faster and control the time lengths better outside !

Oh and I do have 2 tracks at walking distance from my apartment xD!
    I do my HIIT with a prowler. Am I doing it wrong? Lol
    BPS Rep
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
    www.bpsnutrition.net

Subscribe to the BPS VIP List for inside information on new products, promos, and introductory offers!
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    I do my HIIT with a prowler. Am I doing it wrong? Lol
    You are doing it right ! I don't have a Prowler ...oh HIIT on a rower is also good haha.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  26. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

You are doing it right ! I don't have a Prowler ...oh HIIT on a rower is also good haha.
    I have access to rowers but I always feel like I'm doing crossfit when I do it so I just don't
    BPS Rep
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
    www.bpsnutrition.net

Subscribe to the BPS VIP List for inside information on new products, promos, and introductory offers!
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  161 lbs.
    Answers

Treadmill HIIT is a bit annoying and I have started to notice it of late, since I spend half the time dallying with the settings and less time actually running.

30 seconds -45 seconds of running, 15 seconds of spazzing around with the controls, another 15 seconds at desired resting rate, get bored, jump of treadmill, perv at the hot chicks in the pool

Workout complete!
    MEM->DCA->PHL->MEM
  28. Registered User
    Answers

I find treadmill HIIT to be too complicated. Much easier to just hit the local HS tracks for a great sprint workout. Been killing my prowler lately though. Seems things are still going strong in here. Good luck in this strength journey man.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.
    Answers

I prefer treamill HIIT because thats all I'm used to... but more often than not I seem to break the treadmills weather is just now getting to that perfect temp for outside running (for me) and I may have to try it outside !
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
    STIMaholic & PHENADROL Now Available!
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Answers

I want to go run sprints at the park but I'm scared I'll step in a hole or something. I used to hit the high school football field during the summer when nobody was there
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Day 14, 10/04

Supps used Pre-workout:
    -2 scoops TP
    -2 Caps AB
    -2g COP
    -9g Citrulline Malate

Bench Press day:

Warm Up:
    -75x5
    -95x5
    -115x3

Working Sets:
    -135x3
    -150x3
    -170x3+2 Total of 5 reps.
    -175x2
    -180x1
    -185x1 PR finally got it with a 2 second wait at the bottom simulating the Press call.
    -190xF
    -190xF

Attempted 190 and I consider them fails for 2 reasons , on both times I got it BUT , on the first one I struggled to power it up and I did NOT pause at the bottom. On the second one I did pause , went up to about as much as my floor press range, then it stayed there for 2~seconds and then my spotter graced his finger to simulate a push up...well he did push a tiny bit with his finger and thus it was not alone.

Point being I did get finallt over my 185lb bench AFTER MONTHS! And 190 is on the way and it will be broken in the next weeks, it won't take me months this time...I think I'm getting the hang of which assistances and movements help my Bench press.
    Note: All sets were performed with a 2 second pause at the bottom to get used to waiting for the Press call...so it was a bit harder but it felt good, the Floor Presses are proving helpful in this aspect. Full ROM was performed.

Shoulder assistance: Sitting Dumbbell Press (I hate using Dumbbells for this, but still elbows did go below parallel <in respect to the ground> on all reps and it felt lighter than usual).
    -50'sx10
    -50'sx10
    -50'sx10
    -50'sx10
    -50'sx12

Had limited time at the gym and the only 2 squat racks were taken...and when I left my bench a guy took it and all the Barbells were being occupied...if not I could have Power cleaned for each set to get the bar up to my collar bone and then performed my usual OHP...but they say some change once in a while is not bad I guess.

Back Assistance: Kroc Rows
    -80x10
    -80x10
    -80x10
    -70x15
    -70x10

Triceps assistance: Cable Pushdowns with full ROM, forearms to biceps with a slow negative.
    -120x10
    -120x10
    -120x10
    -120x10
    -120x14

Workout Notes:
    More than happy I finally broke my 185lb Bench Press with proper form, and a press call pause. Strength is finally rising like I want it to, and aggression/mood are on the rise too!! Recovery between sets is also improving, I no longer need to take up to 2-3 mins , I can do with 1:30-2 mins.

Stack Notes:
    -Major increase in Libido and wet dreams.
    -No prolactin or estrogen sides to be noticed yet.
    -AnaBeta and my stomach made a fool out of me in Polymers class...since I sit at the front (for I enjoy Dr. Jones's lectures) and most of the time they are quiet and we all listen to his preaching of wisdom...Well today we were talking about Fracture Mechanics and he talked about the Liberty Ship Fractures in WWII...I know the cracks sounded like a gun going off since the cracks that split the ships in 2 go as fast as the speed of sound...but when he asked: "Any idea what they sounded like?" before I could answer my stomach gave the loudest growl! The whole class was silent at the moment...and when my hungry and roaring tummy went up...well...even Dr. Jones laughed...so yeah point is...I'm starving...and my stomach makes proof of it...

Week 2 progress summary, stats and pictures.

Weight as of this morning in the nude, and post bowel movements: 143.0 (+.6 lbs)

So far on week two I have experienced:
    -Enhanced recovery in-between sets, and from night to morning.
    -Major Rise in Hunger
    -Rise in Aggression when lifting.
    -Good Strength and the breaking of a long standing PR (months).

Progress Pics (Relaxed , no flex):
    Name:  Screen shot 2012-10-04 at 7.57.39 PM.png
Views: 54
Size:  203.5 KBName:  Screen shot 2012-10-04 at 7.58.21 PM.png
Views: 57
Size:  124.8 KBName:  Screen shot 2012-10-04 at 7.58.51 PM.png
Views: 54
Size:  150.3 KBName:  Screen shot 2012-10-04 at 7.59.38 PM.png
Views: 52
Size:  122.4 KB

Pictures were taken immediately arriving from the gym and prior to my shower due to time constrains (yes I did still shower...)

Random Ego Pics taken:
    Name:  Screen shot 2012-10-04 at 8.01.29 PM.png
Views: 51
Size:  207.1 KBName:  Screen shot 2012-10-04 at 8.03.17 PM.png
Views: 49
Size:  228.9 KB
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Hey celly i'm late but I just caught up on those twenty some pages.. The progress you have made this far is awesome dude, great work.. from the relaxed pictures I can visually see you've lost body fat while gaining muscle. Good work!!
    Your training is looking good the only thing I can say is that you should add some scapula work on press days (face pulls to be exact)

Keep it up brother
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Answers

Congrats on breaking your plateau.
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Nice work Cel.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aceroni
    Hey celly i'm late but I just caught up on those twenty some pages.. The progress you have made this far is awesome dude, great work.. from the relaxed pictures I can visually see you've lost body fat while gaining muscle. Good work!!
    Your training is looking good the only thing I can say is that you should add some scapula work on press days (face pulls to be exact)

Keep it up brother
    Hey bro welcome ! And thanks a lot for the comments bro !!

I didn't know Face pulls worked the scapula! I shall try them thanks! I have actually seen some powerlifters do them, so it can't hurt to try them hehe.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by superbeast668
    Congrats on breaking your plateau.
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift
    Nice work Cel.
    Thanks guys! You really have no idea how frustrating it was to be crushed under a bar month after month hahaha. Now goal is to beat 190 baby steps haha.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Great job with the PR and the log in general Celorza. You're making some good progress. Big fan of face pulls too.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  38. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Answers

Nice work! When I was doing our strength program and guys failed on max lifts I'd yell "STAPLED!!!!" I was always the one spotting them, kind of a d!ck move but a lot said it motivated them. You want me to start doing it with you? Lol

Cosmetic progress with strength is awesome, you're doing very well.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Name:  image-3532920473.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  382.3 KB

Starting and current!

First off congrats on the bench press PR bro! And as you see your chest is growing nicely along with your shoulders...for being all natty you certainly make nice progress at a great rate!!!
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  40. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Answers

Nice update there Celly!
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Maintaining my muscle, how to?
    By Benjamin1 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-06-2012, 07:26 PM
  2. For Sale: USP Prime for trade (Muscle Builders)
    By PrepNwa23 in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-26-2010, 06:54 PM
  3. Dosage for my Cycle? When to take everything
    By dothereject in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-10-2009, 11:52 PM
  4. can i take my lil bro to the gym w/me he's 15
    By realsoundjim in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-24-2004, 04:07 PM