PES/USP Testifying for my Muscles, Celorza to the Stand!!

Page 5 of 13 First ... 3456710 ... Last
  1. Banned
    Jay888999's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,364
    Answers
    0

    Keep up the great work bud!!!


  2. Elite Member
    howwedo107's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,306
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza
    Day 7, 9/27

    Supps used Pre-workout:
    -2 scoops TP
    -2 Caps AB
    -1 scoop Bulk Modern BCAAs
    -EC stack
    -2g COP
    -6g Citrulline Malate

    Bench Press day:

    Warm Up:
    -75x5
    -95x5
    -115x3

    Working Sets:
    -125x5
    -140x5
    -160x5+2 Total of 7 reps.
    -175x2

    Note: All sets were performed with a 2 second pause at the bottom to get used to waiting for the Press call...so it was a bit harder but it felt good, the Floor Presses are proving helpful in this aspect. Full ROM was performed.

    Shoulder assistance: OHP (Ligher but Dynamic Movement)
    -75x10
    -75x10
    -75x10
    -85x10
    -95x7 + 3 push presses.

    Back Assistance: Kroc Rows
    -70x10
    -70x10
    -75x10
    -75x10
    -80x10

    Triceps assistance: Cable Pushdowns with full ROM, forearms to biceps with a slow negative.
    -115x10
    -115x10
    -115x10
    -115x10
    -115x10

    Workout Notes:
    Ok I can say strength is going up good, recovery has been good since I have been feeling sore only for a day or a day and a half. Not much to report today on the workout side of things, no PRs today, mainly focused myself on perfecting form and really giving it my best.

    Stack Notes:
    -Increased Hunger has set in, even on EC...it is hard, but manageable .
    -No sign of a libido boost yet, not that much out of the ordinary anyway.
    -Sleep was amazing last night, could be Test Powder at work.

    Week 1 progress summary, stats and pictures.

    Weight as of this morning in the nude, and post bowel movements: 142.4 (-.4 lbs)

    So far on week one I have experienced:
    -Enhanced sleep (as of the past days).
    -Rise in hunger.
    -Good mood.
    -Minor strength rises that could be the sleep/diet and workout changes for now.

    Progress Pics (Relaxed , no flex):
    <img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=67 119"/><img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=67 120"/><img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=67 121"/><img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=67 122"/>

    Note: The back pick, I had forgotten to take it and it was barely taken, still no meals have gone by...so I hope it doesn't matter much.

    Pictures were taken in the manner stipulated in the First Post.

    Random Ego Pic taken:
    <img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=67 123"/>
    That's a killer vein in your bicep bro...not even flexing its out and looking sick...it's good when you still look muscular when your body is relaxed awesome job!!
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com

  3. Elite Member
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay888999
    Keep up the great work bud!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107

    That's a killer vein in your bicep bro...not even flexing its out and looking sick...it's good when you still look muscular when your body is relaxed awesome job!!
    Thanks bros really appreciate it!!

    Ricky thoughts on body comp change?
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    howwedo107's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,306
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza

    Thanks bros really appreciate it!!

    Ricky thoughts on body comp change?
    When you put up flexed pics ill be able to tell broski don't have any non flexed pics to compare to lol
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com

  5. Elite Member
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107 View Post
    When you put up flexed pics ill be able to tell broski don't have any non flexed pics to compare to lol
    Not much of a poser nowadays meant from week 1 to week 2 on the regular body composition...I don't wanna be one of those people who need to flex to look strong ! I wanna (eventually in 10 years lol) look good just relaxed haha, any progress counts
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  6. Elite Member
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Answers
    0

    Day 9, 9/29

    Supps used Pre-workout:
    -2 scoops TP
    -1 scoop Bulk Modern BCAAs
    -EC stack

    Cardio day:

    -45 minutes of LISS elliptical. Heart rate did not go above 150-160. I forgot to set the Metrics to calculate the kCaloric Burn , but I would say around 400-500 kCals.

    Workout Notes:

    -Not much to report just feeling a little bit winded on the cardio, could be the EC...

    Stack Notes:
    -Sleep is definitely MUCH better, and I am not presenting a DAA bloat.
    -Cravings for more broccoli , oatmeal , rice and chocolate have started appearing.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  7. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    AaronJP1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    18,575
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza
    Day 9, 9/29
    Supps used Pre-workout:
    -2 scoops TP
    -1 scoop Bulk Modern BCAAs
    -EC stack

    Cardio day:

    -45 minutes of LISS elliptical. Heart rate did not go above 150-160. I forgot to set the Metrics to calculate the kCaloric Burn , but I would say around 400-500 kCals.

    Workout Notes:

    -Not much to report just feeling a little bit winded on the cardio, could be the EC...

    Stack Notes:
    -Sleep is definitely MUCH better, and I am not presenting a DAA bloat.
    -Cravings for more broccoli , oatmeal , rice and chocolate have started appearing.
    DAA bloat sucks... Are you taking TP AM or PM?
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com

  8. Elite Member
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    DAA bloat sucks... Are you taking TP AM or PM?
    AM PWO at around 5:30-5:35 am on weekdays and on the weekends upon rising.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  9. Elite Member
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Answers
    0

    Name:  Screen shot 2012-09-29 at 8.35.14 PM.png
Views: 65
Size:  308.3 KB

    Just took that pic lol , I know I didn;t workout back today or anything, and it is on a fed state but meh , felt good about my progress since I was looking at some OLD pics from like a year ago haha I was shapped like Patrick Star...now I am starting to attempt a v tape
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  10. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,633
    Answers
    0

    Heck yeah man, looking a lot better.


    You're def on the right path.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  11. Elite Member
    DJBeanPole's Avatar
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,725
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Heck yeah man, looking a lot better.


    You're def on the right path.
    +1 I like what I see here.
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
    STIMaholic & PHENADROL Now Available!

  12. Elite Member
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Answers
    0

    Thanks brothers !! Appreciate the kind words!
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  13. Diamond Member
    LiveToLift's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,399
    Answers
    0

    Definitely have a thick back for just 142 bro! Nice work in here. Quietly following. ;-)
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience

  14. Elite Member
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift View Post
    Definitely have a thick back for just 142 bro! Nice work in here. Quietly following. ;-)
    Thanks bro! It honestly started getting bigger when the Chin Ups and Pull Ups came along!
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  15. Diamond Member
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,144
    Answers
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    Thanks bro! It honestly started getting bigger when the Chin Ups and Pull Ups came along!
    yup.
    the basics my friend..boom!
    seems everyone wants to do cable pulldowns --- cuz their easier, of course.
    it don't get any more old school than using a pullup bar.
    and, re. our conversation earlier - squats FTW.
    i like your evolutionary education.
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com

  16. The BPS Rep
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,169
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0
    yup.
    the basics my friend..boom!
    seems everyone wants to do cable pulldowns --- cuz their easier, of course.
    it don't get any more old school than using a pullup bar.
    and, re. our conversation earlier - squats FTW.
    i like your evolutionary education.
    Using a tree limb may be more old school.
    BPS Rep
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
    www.bpsnutrition.net

    Subscribe to the BPS VIP List for inside information on new products, promos, and introductory offers!

  17. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,633
    Answers
    0

    I can't do pull ups anymore, they kill my shoulder.

    Between using micro, researching & your log. Test powder is looking better and better. May pick some up next month with my $40/month supp limit :-D
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  18. The BPS Rep
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,169
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water
    I can't do pull ups anymore, they kill my shoulder.

    Between using micro, researching & your log. Test powder is looking better and better. May pick some up next month with my $40/month supp limit :-D
    Have you tried switching grips or does it not make a difference?
    BPS Rep
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
    www.bpsnutrition.net

    Subscribe to the BPS VIP List for inside information on new products, promos, and introductory offers!

  19. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,633
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick

    Have you tried switching grips or does it not make a difference?
    Yep, I don't know why. I must roll my shoulders forward
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  20. Diamond Member
    bdcc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,174
    Answers
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by DJBeanPole View Post
    I like what I see here.
    Haha, I read this and it is how I imagine Ron Burgundy to hit on someone.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  21. Elite Member
    DJBeanPole's Avatar
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,725
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    Haha, I read this and it is how I imagine Ron Burgundy to hit on someone.
    I'm... Ron... Burgun...dy? lol
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
    STIMaholic & PHENADROL Now Available!

  22. Diamond Member
    bdcc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,174
    Answers
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by DJBeanPole View Post
    I'm... Ron... Burgun...dy? lol
    As a joke I bought an Anchorman tshirt with a picture of him on saying "two tickets to the gunshow".

    A friend of mine told me that if I was skinny it would be really funny but if I wore it as I am now people would think I am a tw*t lol.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  23. Elite Member
    DJBeanPole's Avatar
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,725
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    As a joke I bought an Anchorman tshirt with a picture of him on saying "two tickets to the gunshow".

    A friend of mine told me that if I was skinny it would be really funny but if I wore it as I am now people would think I am a tw*t lol.
    lol well being 6'9" I have a shirt that says "You must the this tall to ride this ride <---->" One time I was chaperoning my youngest brother and some of his classmates for a band field trip they had to King's Island and I totally rocked that shirt there. Definitely heard a Joe Dirt look-alike walking by with his super classy unibrowtastic wife say "You don't want to ride that ride." lmfao
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
    STIMaholic & PHENADROL Now Available!

  24. Diamond Member
    bdcc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,174
    Answers
    2

    That story is very cool or VERY uncool depending on how old your youngest brother is.

    If he and his classmates are all 14 years old I am going to pick up your dog and kick it over a bridge. Now this is happening.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  25. Elite Member
    DJBeanPole's Avatar
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,725
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    That story is very cool or VERY uncool depending on how old your youngest brother is.

    If he and his classmates are all 14 years old I am going to pick up your dog and kick it over a bridge. Now this is happening.
    LOL. He was about 11 which made me 19 or so... that sounds about right because I remember something about having to have been at least 18 to chaperone. Was a good way to spend some time with lil bro
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
    STIMaholic & PHENADROL Now Available!

  26. Diamond Member
    bdcc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,174
    Answers
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by DJBeanPole View Post
    LOL. He was about 11 which made me 19 or so... that sounds about right because I remember something about having to have been at least 18 to chaperone. Was a good way to spend some time with lil bro
    You wore a tshirt with a sexual innuendo around your 11 year old brother's classmates?

    I have Jack Johnson and Tom O'Leary waiting for you, right here!
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  27. Elite Member
    DJBeanPole's Avatar
    Stats
    6'9"  242 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,725
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    You wore a tshirt with a sexual innuendo around your 11 year old brother's classmates?

    I have Jack Johnson and Tom O'Leary waiting for you, right here!
    lol I wasn't really thinking about that then haha. More for the fact that I was was in King's Island and the rid... ah **** it.

    This aggression will not stand!
    GENOMYX REPRESENTATIVE
    GENOMYX.COM
    STIMaholic & PHENADROL Now Available!

  28. Elite Member
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Answers
    0

    Day 10, 9/30


    Mandatory Rest...: PCP/Supp-Extraordinaire Dr.Cooper had me on a mandatory rest and EC CUT OUT...which will last for a month along with a stimulant break .

    Supps Consumed:
    -Test Powder 2 scoops upon Waking.
    -AB 2 caps with fast break meal, 2 caps with second meal.

    Day 11, 10/01


    Supps used Pre-workout:
    -2 caps AB
    -2 scoops TP
    -2g COP
    -6g Citrulline Malate

    Overhead Press day:

    Warm up:
    -45x5
    -65x5
    -70x3

    Working sets:
    -85x3
    -95x3
    110x3+3 Push Presses, also a PR , since I had only gotten 110x2 normal OHP and the added Push presses felt so easy too! Strength keeps climbing.

    All reps touching collar bone, resting it there for 2-3 secs and pushing up. Full ROM.

    Chest Assistance: Bench Press with a 2-3 pause at bottom. Added 15lb chains (total weight of both).


    135+Chainsx5
    135+Chainsx5
    135+Chainsx5
    135+Chainsx6
    135+Chainsx10

    Full ROM all of them, exploding up...it's tough to explode :/.


    Back assistance work: 3 second Weighted Dead Hang Wide Grip Pull Ups

    BWX10
    BWX10
    BW+10x7
    BW+10x7
    BW+10x7 + BWx5

    Subbing Triceps Assistance Work: Floor Press with 15lb Chains (total weight for the both of them)

    -155+Chainsx4
    -155+Chainsx4
    -175+Chainsx1
    -175+Chainsx1
    -180+Chainsx1 (PR) It was hard as hell, but I gotta keep going up, still stopped for 2-3 seconds at the bottom and exploded up...managed to get it!

    All reps with a 2-3 second pause at the bottom and exploding up. No leg drive at all, legs fully extended on the floor, slow negative and no help from spotter in any rep. Reason for this is that I am tired of being stuck at 185lbs of Bench Press...after much analysis and consideration I added the Floor Press to help with that part of the motion since I have no problem getting it off my chest.

    Workout Notes:
    -Felt like a zombie all the workout! Dr.Cooper cut me off EC stack due to overuse for a LONG time haha, so I am on a 1 month mandatory stim break...Still managed to get awake enough to perform all my sets and even break some PRs.

    Stack Notes:
    -Strength keeps going up...I feel like a blobber though since I am not on EC anymore and I could not do cardio yesterday and cut it out today too just to be on the safe side of the Respiratory Health Department...I expect big things of the stack now since I am gonna be running stimulant free and fat-burner free until I can get some Stim-Free ones !!!
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  29. Elite Member
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Answers
    0

    Day 12, 10/02


    Supps used Pre-workout:
    -2 caps AB
    -2 scoops TP
    -1 scoop Bulk Modern BCAAs
    -2g COP
    -6g Citrulline Malate

    Dead-lift day:

    Warm up:
    -115x5
    -135x5
    -165x3

    Working sets: With 15lb total Chains and shoulder with stance. Double OH grip.
    -190+Chainsx3
    -225+Chainsx3
    -245+Chainsx3+

    -260+Chainsx1
    -260+Chainsx1

    Instead of going all the way to failure with 245 went ahead and dared higher into the weight almost scraping my max with the weight of the chains. Felt good, and it is definitely teaching me to keep driving.
    .
    Quad Assistance: Front Squat Grip Single legged Step Ups. Reps for Each leg. Fast explosion up, contraction on lockout for 1-2 seconds and slow lowering.

    -95x5
    -95x5
    -95x5
    -95x5
    -115x5 PR

    Posterior Chain Assistance work 1: Good Mornings, safety pins at 13 lowering the bar there and stopping for 2-3 seconds exploding up with hammies fully extended and ass back.

    95x5
    115x5
    115x5
    115x5
    115x5

    Posterior Chain Assistance 2: Bridges (Hip Thrusts) with a 2-3 second pause+glute squeeze on top.

    -225x5
    -225x5
    -245x5
    -255x5
    -255x5

    No cardio again today, resuming tomorrow.

    Workout Notes:
    -Glad I could get the 260+Chains deadlifts, felt pretty good...a bit tight but nothing that dangerous.

    Stack Notes:

    -Some things I am starting to notice include good libido boost, and really noticeable in the way that I'll go out of my way (all day) to get a glimpse of the pretty girls passing by...
    -Sleep has improved a lot along with recovery.
    -Strength keeps climbing.
    -Hunger pangs and stomach roaring is really noticeable now :s specially since I take AB fasted and stay fasted for some 7-8 hours more , dose again and feed myself then!
    -Mood has improved too , more prompt to smiling now.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  30. Banned
    Jay888999's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,364
    Answers
    0

    Looks and sounds good!! How are you liking the test powdr?

  31. Elite Member
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay888999 View Post
    Looks and sounds good!! How are you liking the test powdr?
    Thoroughly enjoying it ! Kinda sad it won't last more though it says it is a 4 week cycle...but at 2 scoops it only has 24 servings :/...that's only 3 weeks and 3 days :sadpanda:
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  32. Banned
    Jay888999's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,364
    Answers
    0

    I respect your dedication to form,very much...i need give no advice..I feel like its me lifting when i read your posts..Full rom and form is key... At 34 i still push but doing construction im more tired so these days my main i concentrate on form ,negs and rom

    Keep up the good woek celly....

  33. Banned
    Jay888999's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,364
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza

    Thoroughly enjoying it ! Kinda sad it won't last more though it says it is a 4 week cycle...but at 2 scoops it only has 24 servings :/...that's only 3 weeks and 3 days :sadpanda:
    Pricey at $40.00 or so and yeah i read the other day it was only 25 servings.!! Wtf,couldnt make it 30,ridiculous.

  34. Elite Member
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay888999 View Post
    I respect your dedication to form,very much...i need give no advice..I feel like its me lifting when i read your posts..Full rom and form is key... At 34 i still push but doing construction im more tired so these days my main i concentrate on form ,negs and rom

    Keep up the good woek celly....
    Thanks bro ! I really got the idea that I really need to do full ROM and controlled motions or else I won't grow stronger haha. Lately since doing so I have noticed far greater Strength increases and also a deeper Mind Muscle connection so I can actually contract/flex the muscles as required in the movement. Heck like my buddy said...if doing all this properly, the proper diet, and all the rest I get doesn't get me stronger and reaching my goals in some years...well then it is time to peek into Bodybuilding instead of powerlifting hahaha
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  35. Banned
    Jay888999's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,364
    Answers
    0

    Well said^^

    Mind muscle connection is key..i will go super light on alot of movements so i can make that connection... if i push to heavy i lose that connection at times..so u will see by my log at times my 4 th set reps seem high and thats why,cause i make the connection and feel every movement i make. And if im really low reps its for that reason as well. Anyone can throw weights around like an *******

    Always remember " its not what u lift but how lift"... Leave the ego at the door train your muscles and everything else will naturally come through diet and proper supplementing and training..

    Stay focused stay smart.You are on a better path than id say most 21 yr olds are...

  36. Elite Member
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay888999 View Post
    Well said^^

    Mind muscle connection is key..i will go super light on alot of movements so i can make that connection... I fins if i push to heavy i lose that connection..so u will see by my log at times my 4 th set reps seem high and thats why,cause i make the connection and feel every movement i make.

    Always remember " its not what u lift but how lift"... Leave the ego at the door train your muscles and everything else will naturally come through diet and proper supplementing and training..

    Stay focused stay smart.You are on a better path than id say most 21 yr olds are...
    Haha thanks bro, as long as I am not in the path to the hospital I'm glad then. Only last week a guy I know that trains at Pharr Gym (a "powerlifter den" nearby me 10~min drive) just completely tore his right hamstring on a squat he did wrong...I don't know deets but I know the guy usually wanted to dare weight he had not yet prepared for :/ So I just hope I stay off those ideas haha...not gonna deny it...like all I get the urge to try and dare higher weights I haven't done, but somewhere along my conscience and my subconscious I have a voice that tells me..."What have you learned about doing that...?" always ends bad haha.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  37. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,155
    Answers
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    Thanks bro ! I really got the idea that I really need to do full ROM and controlled motions or else I won't grow stronger haha. Lately since doing so I have noticed far greater Strength increases and also a deeper Mind Muscle connection so I can actually contract/flex the muscles as required in the movement. Heck like my buddy said...if doing all this properly, the proper diet, and all the rest I get doesn't get me stronger and reaching my goals in some years...well then it is time to peek into Bodybuilding instead of powerlifting hahaha
    Actually, for strength movements, there shouldn't be a "mind-muscle connection" because there is not a specific muscle being trained. Staying tight throughout the movement is the goal and there is a difference between staying tight and a M-M connection.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

  38. Banned
    Jay888999's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,364
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza

    Haha thanks bro, as long as I am not in the path to the hospital I'm glad then. Only last week a guy I know that trains at Pharr Gym (a "powerlifter den" nearby me 10~min drive) just completely tore his right hamstring on a squat he did wrong...I don't know deets but I know the guy usually wanted to dare weight he had not yet prepared for :/ So I just hope I stay off those ideas haha...not gonna deny it...like all I get the urge to try and dare higher weights I haven't done, but somewhere along my conscience and my subconscious I have a voice that tells me..."What have you learned about doing that...?" always ends bad haha.
    Any time u lift u should always make the connection..to be told no mind muscle connection when lifting heavy cauae u r not training a apecific muacle is pretty ignorant and just plain stupid...u should always focus on the muscle and the movement.

    Keep doing what u r Celly

  39. Elite Member
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Actually, for strength movements, there shouldn't be a "mind-muscle connection" because there is not a specific muscle being trained. Staying tight throughout the movement is the goal and there is a difference between staying tight and a M-M connection.
    Oh I see. I mainly think of the MM connection for the assistances, specially for the hamstring and glute assistances...I have a hard time doing them right I guess. But yeah now thinking about it, my "coach" did tell me..."You are thinking too much, just LIFT IT!, simply EXPLODE UP!" Maybe that's what he means
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  40. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,155
    Answers
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay888999 View Post
    Any time u lift u should always make the connection..to be told no mind muscle connection when lifting heavy cauae u r not training a apecific muacle is pretty ignorant and just plain stupid...u should always focus on the muscle and the movement.

    Keep doing what u r Celly
    You need to learn the difference between training a muscle and training a movement.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Maintaining my muscle, how to?
    By Benjamin1 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-06-2012, 07:26 PM
  2. For Sale: USP Prime for trade (Muscle Builders)
    By PrepNwa23 in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-26-2010, 06:54 PM
  3. Dosage for my Cycle? When to take everything
    By dothereject in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-10-2009, 11:52 PM
  4. can i take my lil bro to the gym w/me he's 15
    By realsoundjim in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-24-2004, 04:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in