FL3X goes DMAA free with Finaflex Ignite 2

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First off a big thanks to D Dubs (Dreamweaver, you like that?) for hooking me up,and the rest of you with Finaflex for giving such a great opportunity!
I amongst others was selected to run a tub of the NEW Ignite 2, sans DMAA. I have used the original Ignite, and I enjoyed it, so I was eager to see how the new one compared.
I, for one, am not a big fan of DMAA. More so because of the fact that EVERYONE seems to be using it in their pre's these days and it is just hard to tell how the rest of the product performs when one of the top items in their prop blends was DMAA. I have had lots of fun with preworkouts and other stims before DMAA was a go-to, so I am happy to see this DMAA-free trend catching on again.

I just wanted to get this log up and rolling as it is a bit overdue, I am 3 scoops (3 workouts in) so far with my watermelon flavored Ignite 2 and loving it!
Thanks again fellas and I will post up my initial thoughts and experiences later on today. Have a good day everyone.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
SUB'd Fo Shizzle!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like the new as much as the old, hope you will too....

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Welcome fellas!

Let's talk about some initial thoughts here.
The first thing I notice after drinking a scoop of Ignite 2 is the tingles. The beta alanine is perfectly dosed (for me). I know some people hate it, but I love the feeling, and it's looking like I won't have to add any bulk powder to this ;)
Second thing I notice is the sudden rush of energy, I would say it kicks in about 15-20 minutes after consumption. With the few workouts I've used this for so far, the energy can be felt throughout the workout.
Next thing I notice is part one of my gym episode. When I first get in and start my warmups, the pump comes on fast. For instance, I was warming up with some 30 lb dumbbells for curls. I did 10 reps, set the weights down, and on my way to the drinking fountain I could feel my arms filling with blood and warming up. Thanks agmatine!

I like to hit a brutal arm day the second a new preworkout lands in my hands lol, I feel it is the ultimate test of focus and pump. So of course my first workout with Ignite 2 was biceps and triceps. I was in there for an hour and completed 4 bicep exercises and 4 tricep exercises. By the time I was done my forearms felt like they were losing circulation because the pump was so great lol. I got pretty vascular that day too!

Next workout is tomorrow morning, I'll need a scoop and a half I think....I work 6:30 tonight until 6:30 tomorrow morning I can't get a nap in to save my life.

Deads and shoulder here I come!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looking forward to hearing about this upcoming Deadlift & Shoulder routine with a scoop and a half!

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Deadlifting/shoulders went swimmingly!

1.5 scoops down the hatch, made it to the gym 20 minutes later ready to tear it up. Called the GF to wake her up for work...her phone was off. DETOUR! Drove home to wake her ass up, then back to the gym still ready to tear it up lol.

My first couple warm up sets on deads had me feeling great. I worked my way up to a comfortable 10 rep max and busted out 4 sets.

On my walk to the drinking fountain my hams and ass were so freaking pumped it felt like I was walking on a trampoline lol.

I decided hey...I'm feeling crazy, I'm gonna superset my deads with shoulder press, I don't care how dumb that sounds.
So I threw on some more weight to get a good 8 rep max out on my deads, squeezed every rep out, then stumbled like a gimp over to the shoulder press. I got a solid 4 reps in, then on the 5th rep I puked in my mouth!

OK, so maybe not such a great idea?? Decided to hold off on the presses til after my deads lol.
All in all I did 10 sets of deads, followed by 3 sets of leg press.
Then I followed it up with 4 sets of shoulder press. My side and front delts were absolutely pumped by this point.
I followed shoulder press with 5 sets of real delt flyes, the last 2 sets being drop sets (4 drops).

I was happy with my deads even though the weight wasn't that heavy. My knee has been giving me all sorts of problems the past few months. I can't even squat the bar without feeling like my knee might explode, no matter how many different types of warmups I do. The only thing my knee can really handle is deads with the hex bar and then some wider, higher positioned leg press.
Also nursing my shoulder a bit from going overkill on bent over rows last week, so I kept the weight lighter on my shoulder press.

Here are the numbers...

Dead lifts (working sets):
225x10 (4 sets)
265x8 (6 sets)

Leg press:
270x18 (3 sets)

Shoulder press:
135x16, 135x14, 135x10, 135x10

Rear delt flyes:
90x20
130x12 (3 sets)
130x12 (drop sets in increments of 10)

I should have snapped a picture of my shoulders after this. I normally don't focus as hard as I did this morning when I'm doing rear delts. I squeezed hard, I was in the zone! Got a pretty awesome pump from this.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah it's funny how some react differently to the different aspects of the product... pump/energy/endurance/strength .. you seem to be hitting it on all cylinders with and emphasis on pump.. Interesting description of what you get from it in the way of pump has me thinking, it's not so much pumped up but hardening ...it would not have occurred to me...

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome AWESOME couple workouts.
Did back and biceps one day and chest and triceps the next.

I did something I normally don't do:
I ran the rack with hammer curls right off the bat to sort of pre exhaust my arms before hitting back.
I think this helped me isolate my lats more for rows and pulldowns. The pump yet again was awesome!

Chest day I kinda hit a PR.
I've been doing 5x5 for flat bench to increase strength.
Last week I attempted 275x5 and failed at 2 so I deloaded this week. I ended up pumping out 7 reps at 265. My previous best was 265x5.
Also tried weighted dips for the first time like....ever. I managed 10 reps with a 35 lb plate for 3 sets.

Two days full of strength, focus, and awesome pumps!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice Bro, glad to see you are killing it, are you still at the 1.5 scoop dose? Liking those PR's! I just warn you to be careful when lifting those exercises that put strain on your injured body parts, that is how ya get hurt, sorry that's just the cautious Doc in me, LoL!

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice Bro, glad to see you are killing it, are you still at the 1.5 scoop dose? Liking those PR's! I just warn you to be careful when lifting those exercises that put strain on your injured body parts, that is how ya get hurt, sorry that's just the cautious Doc in me, LoL!
I actually only had one scoop for the past two workouts. I was well rested and that's all I needed!
Shoulder is feeling better, I think I just gave myself mild bursitis. I appreciate the concern though lol, nothing is more frustrating than a long lasting injury. Ruins everything.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I actually only had one scoop for the past two workouts. I was well rested and that's all I needed!
Shoulder is feeling better, I think I just gave myself mild bursitis. I appreciate the concern though lol, nothing is more frustrating than a long lasting injury. Ruins everything.
Fug Yeah, tell me about it, my left shoulder has been hurting me for what feels like forever! And now that it is starting to feel better, my right shoulder is starting to hurt from taking up all the slack for the past year, so now they take turns hurting or even both really hurt (usually always after chest day = worst for my shoulders, even more than shoulder day).

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am just glad everybody seems to be liking the new product as much as I do...first time I took it I said 'almost as good', by the third time 'Just as good' and by the fifth I was 'hey this may actually be better'. This progression surpised me as most pre-workouts the best time is the first time...

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am just glad everybody seems to be liking the new product as much as I do...first time I took it I said 'almost as good', by the third time 'Just as good' and by the fifth I was 'hey this may actually be better'. This progression surpised me as most pre-workouts the best time is the first time...
I was reading about how agmatine can positively effect body composition with consistent use. It increases LH, therefore yielding higher test levels, and can positively effect GH levels as well.
That and the longer you use it, the more your muscles are able to work. I believe it also has some nutrient partitioning abilities.
I've been sticking with what's in the Ignite 2 on workout days, and on off days I make sure I get my agmatine and creatine in as well.

Its nice to see preworkouts like this that are more than just a stim powerhouse. That's what makes a good pre. Have something in there that continues to work over time and it separates it from the others :)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was reading about how agmatine can positively effect body composition with consistent use. It increases LH, therefore yielding higher test levels, and can positively effect GH levels as well.
That and the longer you use it, the more your muscles are able to work. I believe it also has some nutrient partitioning abilities.
I've been sticking with what's in the Ignite 2 on workout days, and on off days I make sure I get my agmatine and creatine in as well.

Its nice to see preworkouts like this that are more than just a stim powerhouse. That's what makes a good pre. Have something in there that continues to work over time and it separates it from the others :)
That is so Ignite2, and this is just from my impression through use the progression was a nice surprise...

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is so Ignite2, and this is just from my impression through use the progression was a nice surprise...
Well I'm looking forward to mine. I honestly have never really consistently used agmatine before.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Couple days of updates here.

Chest/triceps day was good and not so good.

I attempted 270x5 in my 5x5 routine for flat bench and was only able to get it up 3 times! That was the not so good part.
Everything else was awesome. I drank a scoop of Ignite 2 about 20 minutes before the gym and after my bench press upset I was still able to focus on my muscle movements and get a nice pump going.

Cable cross:
60x15, 60x12, 60x10, rest/pause, 3 more reps

Dips:
+45x12, 45x10, 45x8, 45x6

Vbar pressdowns:
120x10, 120x10, 110x12, 110x8, supersets down to 70

Narrow pushups to focus triceps:
3 sets of 10 reps

Felt amazing after this workout. I may need to adjust my 5x5 to a pyramid for a couple weeks to get past my plateau but everything else seems to be getting stronger.

Yesterday's workout.....

Seated DB press:
50'sx12, 60'sx12, 65'sx10, 60'sx10, 60'sx8, 55'sx8

Deadlifts:
135x5, 185x5, 205x5, 240x5, 285x4 (after my 4th rep I said forget this. My knee sent a sharp pain down the entire side of my leg on the way up the last two sets. Pissed me off!!!!)

Leg press:
180x5, 270x5, 360x5, 450x5, 540x6 (not bad for my tall lanky ass!)

Standing smith rows:
175x12, 175x14, 205x12, 205x12, 205x10

That's all she wrote. Delts had a great pump, especially the rear delts, and my traps got a pretty decent workout from the rows. I had veins popping out of my front delts which is rare for me.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah I experience vascularity as well...

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yah I experience vascularity as well...
Ultimately anything that increases pumps will also increase vascularity, vascularity is usually more visible the leaner an individual is!

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Went a little lower on the deads yesterday to baby my knee and see if it was any better.
Took 1 scoop of Ignite 2 and hit the gym for deads, legs, and a quick bicep workout too.

Deadlifts:
155x10, 185x10, 225x10, 275x10, 275x10, 275x8

Seated leg extensions:
130x10, 170x10, 210x10, 210x10, 210x10, 190x12, 170x12

Barbell curls:
10 sets of 10 with 55 lbs, and only 15 seconds rest between sets.
Biceps were HUGE by the end of this!!!

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
THREEEEEEEE updates!

Let's make them all individual posts cuz I have a lot to tell you guys!

Chest and back day....

Flat bench:
135x20, 185x15, 225x12, 225x12, 245x8, 245x8, 225x10, 225x8

Seated close grip rows:
120x12, 160x12, 180x10, 180x10, 180x8, 160x12

Incline hammer strength press:
140x20, 160x15, 200x12, 200x10, 200x10, 180x12

Neutral grip pullups:
BWx12, BWx10, BWx9, BWx9 (9th rep looked like crap!)

Cable crossovers, pulley shoulder height:
50x12, 50x12, 50x12

WIDE grip lat pulldowns (one big drop set):
180x10, 160x9, 140x10, 120x8, 90x12, rest 15 seconds, 90x5

Wide pushups:
25 reps, rest 20 seconds, 10 reps, rest 20 seconds, 5 reps

I can't say enough about how in tune I was with my muscles this workout.
I went lower weight on bench press because of some shoulder pain, but I felt like my brain was in my pecs every single rep. Down....up.....SQUEEZE....repeat.
Same with back. On my seated pulls, it was just insane how well I was able to activate my lats. By the time I was done with this workout my lats and chest were so pumped I accidentally ripped my cutoff shirt trying to take it off lol.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Legs and shoulders.....

Dead lifts:
135x20, 185x15, 225x10, 245x10, 275x10, 300x8, 300x8, 300x6

DB shoulder press:
50'sx15, 60x12, 60x12, 60x10, 60x9, 50x12

Seated ham curls:
Sorry....great machine but the fcking labels were stickers and weren't there! Let's just say I went heavy and hard for 4 sets of 12 reps!

Standing DB lateral raises:
20'sx12, 20x12, 15x12, 15x12, 15x12

BB shrugs:
135x20, 225x10, 245x14, 245x12, 245x12

Leg extensions:
Again, same machine as the seated ham curls, no weight labels :( Hard and heavy 4 sets of 12.

Rear delt raises:
35'sx15, 35x15, 35x15, 35x12, rest 15 seconds, 35x4

I love seeing how pumped my shoulders get after some higher rep work like this.
I have been focusing more with DB work lately to try and build specific areas in my shoulders and I can tell just in this short month there has been some change in definition. Love it!

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ARMS day..... :head:

Standing BB curls:
75x12, 95x12, 95x10, 115x8, 115x7, 115x6, 95x7

Wide grip pressdowns:
140x12, 160x12, 160x12

Dips!: (new favorite tricep workout lol)
BW+45x16 reps, 14, 14, 12, 8, then BWx12

Standing DB curls:
40'sx12, 40x12, 40x10, 35x12

V-bar pressdowns:
140x12, 160x12, 160x10, 160x8, dropset down to 80 in 20lb increments

Incline DB curls:
25x12, 25x12, 25x12, 25x10

I need to snap a pic for you guys next time I do arms. It's freaking stupid how fast they blow up and how crazy looking my veins in my arms get when I get through my curls. Triceps actually lose a bit of definition from the pump but damn do my arms BLOW UP!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ARMS day..... :head:

Standing BB curls:
75x12, 95x12, 95x10, 115x8, 115x7, 115x6, 95x7

Wide grip pressdowns:
140x12, 160x12, 160x12

Dips!: (new favorite tricep workout lol)
BW+45x16 reps, 14, 14, 12, 8, then BWx12

Standing DB curls:
40'sx12, 40x12, 40x10, 35x12

V-bar pressdowns:
140x12, 160x12, 160x10, 160x8, dropset down to 80 in 20lb increments

Incline DB curls:
25x12, 25x12, 25x12, 25x10

I need to snap a pic for you guys next time I do arms. It's freaking stupid how fast they blow up and how crazy looking my veins in my arms get when I get through my curls. Triceps actually lose a bit of definition from the pump but damn do my arms BLOW UP!
You seem to responding really well to the pump... this product is so comprehensive, people getting all sorts of different effects..

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
:head:I need to snap a pic for you guys next time I do arms. It's freaking stupid how fast they blow up and how crazy looking my veins in my arms get when I get through my curls. Triceps actually lose a bit of definition from the pump but damn do my arms BLOW UP!
In for the picts!!!

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh and just for you Scotty I forgot, I did 2.5 scoops for arm day lol.
No wonder I was killing it.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh and just for you Scotty I forgot, I did 2.5 scoops for arm day lol.
No wonder I was killing it.
I haven't gone over 1 scoop with this but feel I probably could

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry for the lateness between posts. Been swamped with work and life, but I'm squeezing some time in now to talk about my experiences this week.

It looks like the extended use of agmatine really adds up. I've noticed more vascularity just doing nothing, and I swear my appetite is getting stronger as well.

I will update later with some of my lifts.
But for now its show and tell time!

ForumRunner_20121024_105649.png

I got this pump that was so prominent and painful.. I wasn't even flexing, just holding my arm up.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's how this product is, it just gets better and maybe accumulaton does have something to do with it.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well I have to say I am happy with how my N.O. Ignite 2 treated me!
I am probably going to have to snag up another tub.

It was a very unique pre for me, I really like the concept of having immediately noticeable effects, and built up effects as well.
Through repeated use, and keeping agmatine in my body on off days too, I became noticeably more vascular, and my post workout shakes seemed to extend the pump, due to the nutrient partitioning abilities of agmatine too.
As for the immediate effects of Ignite, everything was spot on. Beta alanine dosage was perfect for one scoop (and two was just insane lol), noticed pumps within 15 minutes of consumption, and I felt a nice drive/focus as well.
Didn't really notice a crash at all from this either. If anything, it kept me going beyond my workout.

I saw a 40lb increase in my 5RM for deadlifts, a 15lb increase for shoulder press, dips went from 3 sets of 10 with a 45lb plate to 3x17 with a 45lb plate, and unfortunately didn't get a good gauge for how it effected chest strength due to lowering the weight to save my shoulder.
I was PR'ing left and right lol.

Last but not least was the taste. I have nothing bad to say about the taste. It was pleasant to drink it!

Great job Finaflex with this concoction. Flex approves!!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the great review and I agree the most frustrating thing for me about other preworkout products is that they would diminish with repeated use... this one just keeps getting better...