Tyler's second Anabeta log (sponsored)

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Hi Everyone,

Today is a big day for me. I am starting my sponsored Anabeta log. I will be dosing at 6 caps per day for 40 days and I am REALLY excited about it. HUGE thanks to nattydisasterand the whole PES team for the opportunity! I just ended my first day on and I am feeling great. I had a little strain in my upper back/lower neck from doing some no-gi jiu jitsu without warming up about 10 days ago, and it feels like it is all recovered (long story short, Rich Franklin came to TW to do a free seminar. A bunch of us went and were not allowed to take part because they only had room for like 10 ppl, so we got bored and started rolling on some judo mats that were lying around. I, being a giant idiot, didn't bother stretching or warming up. I did get some great rolling in before I felt my back getting sore, though, AND Rich Franklin was cool enough to sign my Ninja Turtles no-gi shorts, so not a total loss). Everything else is feeling great and ready to go! My starting stats are disappointingly close to my starting stats from my last log. I was exactly 86 kilograms today (about 190 pounds). I went from 85kg to 82kg on my last AB run ( http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/203111-second-time-trying.html ), but I gained almost 10 pounds while I was home visiting New York this summer (damn you, pizza and bagels!) and most of that has stayed with me. I am not exactly sure what my goals are for this run as far as body composition, except that I want to use the AB to its fullest potential. I am going to be very disciplined with my diet (diet will be similar to the last run), and I will stop drinking entirely after this Saturday (no bachelor parties during this run, haha).

In addition to the AB, I will be using a few other things. Because my wedding is coming up in December, I can't spend any money on supplements until then, so I will have to make due with what I have around. I will still use Maximize V2 PWO and Costco Multi and B vitamins. I will continue to take 10 Costco fish oil and 2 Supercissus RX pills every morning. I have a bunch of di-creatine malate here and will probably take 3 grams per day (don't notice much from it, but it's here so why not). I will be using BCAAs, but unfortunately, I can't buy any extra right now, so I will have to use just what I have rationed here, which is a mix of bulk modern BCAA and blue raz Xtend. I can only afford to take 2 or 3 scoops (about 15-20 grams) on workout days only. I wish I could afford to take more, but I am sure I will still have great results. My one regret is that I didn't get another pack of Pslin when I was home. I really think I could have spent the extra 20 bucks and my parents were already ordering from NP so I could have tagged it onto their order and not pay shipping. I was just in the mindset of "can't spend anything" and in retrospect, I regret it. Pslin and AB together gave me literally the best workouts of my life on the last run. I have 7 Pslin left, so it is not a total loss, but I wish I had manned up and gotten another pack. Oh well. Also, iForce was nice enough to send me some sample packets of Hemavol, which I will take during this run (thanks, iForce). Here is the basic run-down:

-Anabeta, 6/day
-Multi Vit, 1/day
-B Vit, 1/day
-Amazing Grass Green Superfood, 1 scoop/day
-Fish oil, 10/day (3 grams combined DHA/EPA)
-Supercissus RX, 2/day
-BCAA, 2-3 scoops on workout days
-Maximize V2, 1/4 scoop on workout days
-Pslin, I have 7 so will have to pick and choose when to use it
-Di Creatine Malate, probably 3g/day (not sure yet, but it is here so why not)

I also had to get stingy with my protein purchasing when back home. I was REALLY hoping NP would have a sale on American Iso, but no dice, so I had to get Fitness Pro Super Whey. I got 10lbs chocolate and 10lbs strawberry. Haven't tried the strawberry yet, but I am NOT a fan of the chocolate. The mixability is also horrible, so when shaken it never dissolves and also foams up a lot. But, at 55 bucks for 10 pounds, I had to get it. I MIGHT break down and pick up a 6lb bag of Cytosport chocolate at Costco if I can't stomach this Fitness Pro anymore. Maybe the strawberry will be better, though.

I monitored my lifts last week and they have decreased since my last AB run. I have been slacking in the gym since this summer and lost a lot of my drive and motivation. I still went, but my heart wasn't in it anymore, if that makes sense. All of my big lifts decreased by 10-20 pounds, but I am still a little stronger than I was at the beginning of the last run, so that is good at least.

I will be using the same basic workout routine that I was using last time: splitting my body into a pulling day and a pushing day, and doing legs on Saturdays. I might switch to a DC style routine later in the run if I am able to eat like a fiend without getting fat, but I will play that by ear.

Tonight, I obviously didn't feel much yet, but just knowing I had started had me feeling really psyched to hit the weights again. I could be crazy, but I could swear the AB got me extra super pumped in the gym even on the first day. Today was the first time I was so pumped my forearms hurt at the end of the workout since the last time I was running AB. No other major details to report yet of course, but I will continue updating as often as possible. That's all for now, thanks for following everyone, and sorry for the super long post!

Best,
Tyler

**Edit: I forgot about the green shake I drink in the morning.

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Definetely in for this, good luck

hsk

Awards
  • Established
Good luck and have fun with it. If you liked it at 4 caps, I guarantee you'll love it at 6. I picked up 5 bottles of AnaBeta during the labor day sale myself and will be running it at 6 caps daily on my next go as well. Need to give the SNS Bulbine i picked up a go first before I jump on the AB though.

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Jay888999, I can't say I blame you haha. I will try keep posts as short as possible. Thanks for stopping in, everyone!

BTW there was an INSANE AB sale a few days ago on a website that lists one supplement per day with flat rate shipping (I don't think I can name it, but it has some amazing deals). I wanted to pick up a few bottles so bad, but with the wedding coming up, it wasn't an option (esp since I already stocked up last year so I have a bunch anyway). lowest price I have seen though at 25 bucks/bottle and pretty low shipping. PES, you guys are getting crazy generous with the prices I am seeing recently. Thanks! When you can do a 60 day run of a potent supplement at the maximum dosage for under 100 bucks, you know you are getting taken care of.

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
I am at the end of day 2 and already feeling it! I felt and looked pumped all day and had a nice sense of well-being as well. I am also feeling hungrier than I think I have ever felt in my life. I ate a chicken breast wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla at 3, went and did 30 min of cardio at 6, and felt ok, then by the time I got home at 6:45 I was literally so hungry that I was running up to my apartment to eat whatever I could get (ate half a tortilla and then ate 1/3 cup of oats with protein powder mixed in). My fiancee came home and brought me some jerky, which I ate a lot of, and now it is 2 hours later and I am starving again. It seems like it is especially important to keep my diet clean on this run, since the hunger is so fired up (on only day 2). Strangely, I look much thinner today than I did two days ago, but that is probably from the pump. So far I am loving the sense of well-being and pumped feeling. I will post tomorrow after my pulling workout. Now, I am going to go cook up 8 ounces of chicken breast and chow down!

Best,
Tyler

steppinRazor

Awards
i'll tag along on this one.. im running some AB Elite right now..
6 caps should be pretty effin sweet man

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
Really,your thinner and pumped in only 2 days..wow some amazing ****,lol

Fastest acting all natty supps i ever heard of.

Dude,i love tour enthusiasm..Its making me wanna follow your thread,lol...keep me motivated =o

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Really,your thinner and pumped in only 2 days..wow some amazing ****,lol

Fastest acting all natty supps i ever heard of.

Dude,i love tour enthusiasm..Its making me wanna follow your thread,lol...keep me motivated =o
Haha, thanks man. In all fairness I only look thinner (I would think it impossible to have actually lost any real amount of bf in 2 days), but yeah definitely feeling pumped already and loving it!

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
i'll tag along on this one.. im running some AB Elite right now..
6 caps should be pretty effin sweet man
Nice, I picked up a bottle of Elite but haven't tried it yet. How does it compare to the original? Sweet AV by the way.

steppinRazor

Awards
hell yeah bro. Tool til i die :D
Elite is treating me pretty good.. been on a couple weeks now, some nice pumps in the gym.. over all just feeling good. things are just starting to kick in i think. contemplating another bottle as AB is best ran at 2 months. anyways i like the extra's added in elite. i mean who doesnt want some cortisol control and higher testosterone levels?!

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
hell yeah bro. Tool til i die :D
Elite is treating me pretty good.. been on a couple weeks now, some nice pumps in the gym.. over all just feeling good. things are just starting to kick in i think. contemplating another bottle as AB is best ran at 2 months. anyways i like the extra's added in elite. i mean who doesnt want some cortisol control and higher testosterone levels?!
Hell yeah dude, they were the first band I ever liked (saw the Sober video on MTV in fourth grade and I have been hooked ever since). Maynard apparently does bjj too which I thought was pretty interesting...dude was surprisingly jacked when I saw APC on tv a few years back.

Anyway, I am excited to run the Elite, but honestly it's just hard to imagine AB working any better than it is already working. Either way though, forskolin is not cheap and ppl seem to love it, so it's cool that they put that in there. I have no idea about 5-Androsten-3B7B-diol-17-one, and there isn't as much info out there as I expected (that I could find anyway), but it's prob a sweet addition, too. I would love to know how much forskolin and 5-Androsten-3B7B-diol-17-one are in there, so I could tell if there is still a similar amount of the original extract as the original formula. forskolin is usually used in tiny amounts I think (like 20 or 30mg or less...?) but I don't know about 5-Androsten-3B7B-diol-17-one. Anyway, glad you are liking the Elite. Have you run regular AB before? If so, what differences, if any, do you notice from the Elite?

Best,
Tyler

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
OK just ate 2 AB caps and finished my PWO meal (oats, raisins and protein powder eaten cold. I eat the same thing for breakfast every day. I know it sounds awful, but it keeps my sweet tooth in check). Getting ready to go apes**t on the weights! Feeling really tired and drained today, but hopefully that will fade. Got off of work 2.5 hours early so that was sweet. I will report again when I get home.

Best,
Tyler

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Well, I was about to leave for the gym, went to get something out of my suitcase (which I hadn't finished unpacking from when I visited my parents last month), and my fiancee's f**king cat pissed all over the inside of the suitcase. I had to spend all my gym time trying to clean everything before it had permanent cat piss smell. I just had enough time to make it to bjj. I had an awesome time there, since I didn't do a draining 1.5-2 hour workout before it as usual, so that was cool I guess, but I was furious about missing my gym time. I will have to do back and bis with legs tomorrow to make up for it. I will keep you all posted on how that feels. At least I managed to not kill/hurt the cat, although he did spend a few hours in the soiled suitcase until I felt bad and let him out (at which point he just stayed in it and took a nap, so I guess he got the last laugh). Will update tomorrow.

Best,
Tyler

Best,
Tyler

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
I would kill the cat

Jay888999

Jay888999

Banned
Awards
Haha, thanks man. In all fairness I only look thinner (I would think it impossible to have actually lost any real amount of bf in 2 days), but yeah definitely feeling pumped already and loving it!
Awesome bro :) keep it up

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
OK I got my Back/Bis/Legs workout done. I am feeling a crazy amount of energy, and an awesome sense of well-being, as well as super aggressive in the gym. I wasn't super impressed with my performance today, as I started off on bent-over rows and didn't really increase in wieght or reps. Then I realized that I 1. was supersetting with leg presses and 2. finished both exercises much faster than I usually finish just bent-over rows by themselves. I was feeling so amped up that I was taking shorter set breaks than usual. My weights/reps did go up a little bit on some other exercises, but more importantly, I finished the whole workout in an hour, whereas that workout should have taken 1.5 hours. I am LOVING the way I am feeling right now. I have so much energy and don't even feel the least bit tired despite going to exhaustion on every exercise. I took about half my normal amount of Maximize before and also drank one sample packet of Hemavol...wow that stuff tastes great! I am not sure how much pump it gave me but I had a great workout and I loved the taste (watermelon)! That's all for now. Thanks for reading, guys!

Best,
Tyler

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Well, more bad luck with animals. I put a plastic bag full of AB in my desk at work, so I have some to take whenever I need it. Today, I looked in my desk to get some, and a freakin rat managed to get in there over the weekend. It chewed through the bag and ate 4 pills (well, opened them, and spilled AB powder all over my stuff. BRUTAL! I lost 4 pills, and about 1 week's worth is contaminated from being in the bag. I took two from that bag anyway (probably not smart), and saved the rest. I know I should throw them out, but I don't want to lose that many pills, so I think I am just going to save them for the last week (give whatever filth got onto them time to go away). Anyway, hopefully I don't end up getting the freakin plague or anything :sour:. Tonight is a pushing day and no-gi JJ after that...I will report at about 11 (PM, TW time, AM, NY time).

Best,
Tyler

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
I have 2 cats :)

I like animals more than ppl.

I hope you don't mind, but I put out a s**tload of glue traps in and around my desk (you can't get regular traps here), and I am hoping that sucker gets it soon. Most people have no problem with killing rats, though (I still feel bad about doing it TBH, but they carry disease...into my desk...and [hopefully not really since I already ate some of them, but] onto my AB pills)

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
OK workout completed. So far I am experiencing a weird effect. Lighter sets don't seem any lighter and I am not getting through them easier, but my reps/weights on my heavy sets are improving slightly and I feel recovered and ready for my next sets faster than normal. No amazing increases, but some. For example, before my log started, I put up 205 x 2. Tonight I put up 205 x 3 with a shorter break between that set and the set before. On incline dumbbell press I got 70s up 8 times instead of 6 which I did last week, and I got 75s up 4 times, which I wasn't even able to attempt last week. I was actually disappointed that I wasn't beasting through every set, and then I realized that today is only day 6 or 7 (I forgot if I started last Tues or Wed) and I still have 4 or 5 weeks to go. I also have to say I am finding it impossible to get fatigued. Normally, after I do cardio and weights, I get to BJJ feeling worn out. Tonight I felt much better going to BJJ and when I finished BJJ, I felt fresher than I felt when I started the whole workout. I am finally getting a bit relaxed as my sleeping pill is kicking in, but I still have a great sense of well-being. Now I am going to eat a large chicken breast with fresh salsa, watch an episode of Californication with the Mrs (only on S04e01 so no spoilers haha), and hit the hay. Goodnight, guys!

Best,
Tyler

P.S.- weight is down about 1 kg...sweet

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
OK today was a pulling day and it was an interesting experience. I got a late start so I decided to try doing all 'real' sets (70% or more of my max, all done to absolute failure, no warmups after the first two warmup sets on the first exercise), and I took very short set breaks (45 seconds-1:10 seconds depending on the exercise). I also decided to go without stims and just took a sample packet of hemavol beforehand. Overall I had a great workout. The more aggressive style would have been much more of a challenge last week, but this week I got through it and loved it. My leg has been tingling a tiny bit the past two days, so I decided to give the lower back a break and not do bent-over rows. I did still do chainsaws since they tend to be easier on my back. I managed to increase my reps on all of my sets even with the shortened set breaks, so I was surprised about that. I can't really say I am feeling much different than I felt at the last post, but I am noticing that my arms and shoulders are looking bigger (or at least more defined) in the mirror. I can also see my abs more, but I still seem to have the same sized gut when I have a shirt on. Overall I am having fun and feeling good. I can't wait to see how I am feeling in another week!

Best,
Tyler

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
OK workout completed. So far I am experiencing a weird effect. Lighter sets don't seem any lighter and I am not getting through them easier, but my reps/weights on my heavy sets are improving slightly and I feel recovered and ready for my next sets faster than normal. No amazing increases, but some. For example, before my log started, I put up 205 x 2. Tonight I put up 205 x 3 with a shorter break between that set and the set before. On incline dumbbell press I got 70s up 8 times instead of 6 which I did last week, and I got 75s up 4 times, which I wasn't even able to attempt last week. I was actually disappointed that I wasn't beasting through every set, and then I realized that today is only day 6 or 7 (I forgot if I started last Tues or Wed) and I still have 4 or 5 weeks to go. I also have to say I am finding it impossible to get fatigued. Normally, after I do cardio and weights, I get to BJJ feeling worn out. Tonight I felt much better going to BJJ and when I finished BJJ, I felt fresher than I felt when I started the whole workout. I am finally getting a bit relaxed as my sleeping pill is kicking in, but I still have a great sense of well-being. Now I am going to eat a large chicken breast with fresh salsa, watch an episode of Californication with the Mrs (only on S04e01 so no spoilers haha), and hit the hay. Goodnight, guys!

Best,
Tyler

P.S.- weight is down about 1 kg...sweet
Damn! Weights, cardio, and THEN BJJ? I'd be dead dude. I used to hit a lifting session before bjj and I was always so tired working through drills.

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Damn! Weights, cardio, and THEN BJJ? I'd be dead dude. I used to hit a lifting session before bjj and I was always so tired working through drills.
Yup, it has really helped my technique doing it like that. I was relying too much on strength/power before, so now I am exhausted by the time I get there and I have to be more technical. Not sure it's great for muscle growth to roll for 1-1.5 hours before getting a meal and resting, but it didn't seem to hurt it too much.

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. Friday's workout was a little disappointing. I did decline dumbbells and did fairly well I thought (85's x 5), but when I went to incline dumbbells I realized that I was weaker than I had been at the previous workout. I knew there had to be a reason and then I realized that my tris were still sore from Monday's pushing workout. It was the first day that I had done skull crushers for a few months and I guess they hit me harder than I thought. I still toughed it out and finished the workout strong, but it hit me pretty hard mentally to be pushing less weight instead of more. I am also a bit disappointed in myself for not keeping my diet as strict as I wanted to, but that has changed since hitting the scale on Saturday morning. I will be much more disciplined with my diet now, because I feel like it helped me stay motivated to kill it in the gym knowing that I was making sacrifices on my last AB run. My life for the next four weeks will be all chicken breasts and talapia with whole grains and veggies...

Saturday was my light day, cardio and legs. I did a 30 minute run, followed by leg presses and quad extensions, and finished off with 3 or 4 sets of shrugs (I can't squat or dead lift now, since my back was feeling pretty rough last week...maybe in a week or two). Then when I got home I did some workout video that my fiancee wanted to do (not challenging, but it did actually have some cool hamstring stuff in it). I keep it pretty light with legs (just one heavy exercise and then one or two isolated exercises), because I am using my legs so much for cardio and bjj, so it is easy to overwork them if I throw in a really crazy legs day.

Overall I am still feeling pretty good, but I am not sure if I am feeling much different than I was at 4 pills ED. So far the only difference that I noticed is that I seemed to feel the 6 pills ED almost right away whereas the 4 pills ED seemed to take a few extra days. It is still VERY early though, as I am only on day 11 or 12. I still have about 4 weeks and if past AB runs are an indicator, the next week or so will be when it really kicks into high gear. I will update tomorrow night after my workout. Thanks!

Best,
Tyler

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
OK today I am feeling the AB quite a bit. I am feeling more energized and aggressive than before. I am very focused in the gym and the coolest development is that I am not really feeling sore no matter how much I push it. Solution: push it even harder. I am expecting these effects to keep getting stronger for a few more weeks before peaking, so I am excited about that. In the gym tonight, all of my lifts were very good (best on the run so far), and I was feeling restless during set breaks, like I wanted to just start lifting again as soon as I was finished with a set. Glad to report that my rough few days are over and I am now in the zone and loving it! I have to get to sleep so this post stops here!

Best,
Tyler

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
OK today I am feeling the AB quite a bit. I am feeling more energized and aggressive than before. I am very focused in the gym and the coolest development is that I am not really feeling sore no matter how much I push it. Solution: push it even harder. I am expecting these effects to keep getting stronger for a few more weeks before peaking, so I am excited about that. In the gym tonight, all of my lifts were very good (best on the run so far), and I was feeling restless during set breaks, like I wanted to just start lifting again as soon as I was finished with a set. Glad to report that my rough few days are over and I am now in the zone and loving it! I have to get to sleep so this post stops here!

Best,
Tyler
Nce update, glad your back in the zone brutha

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday's workout results are in and I am kicking some serious ass. I ended up leaving the house like an hour late (planning honeymoon...lame reason to miss gym time). I thought about just doing cardio and bjj and saving the workout for today, but then I decided it was really time to test myself, so I did a modified DC style workout with a few seconds between warmup sets and only about 2 minutes break before my real set of each exercise. Because it was a pushing workout, I modified the standard DC protocol. I did flat bench, dumbbell shoulder press, skull crushers, and I though about doing incline bench as well, but I didn't think it would be good to break the DC rules that much, so I added leg presses so I got more than three exercises in. I was a little nervous (I had to get the whole workout done in like 35 minutes), but I killed it! The last time I did flat bench, I managed to put up 205 x 3. This time, I put it up either 5 or 6 times (I got a tiny bit of help at one point in the sixth one, so it doesn't really count), then another 2, then another 1 (rest pause). Even though I didn't do any sets to exhaustion before this set, the increase was still significant! Most importantly, I am at the point in the AB run where I am not just able to put up more weight, the weights themselves just don't feel as heavy as they normally do. It's a weird sensation and very hard to articulate, but 205 just felt more like 185 in my hands. The last time I did dumbbell shoulder press, I had trouble getting 50's up 5 times and I couldn't get 60's up at all. This time, I got 60 x 6, 2, 2 rest pause. Part of this is that I had been slacking on shoulders before the AB run (so I am getting my old strength back), but aside from that, it's just raw strength increase! Skull crushers, my performance was just ok (did it immediately after shoulders and only did one warmup set due to time constraints). I got 115 x 4, 2, 1. Still not bad, but not much of an increase and I could feel that my tris needed a bit more rest and warmup than they got. Leg press went well, but I had never done that machine before, so I cannot compare it to anything.

I was feeling like a monster the whole time, and couldn't wait to get sets in. The two-minute break was hell, haha. I am feeling about the same now as I was feeling at the end of my run at 4 pills/day and I am only like 15 days into this run! My diet has been amazingly disciplined, and as a result my weight is down to 84 kg (about 5 lbs down so far). My arms and legs look bigger and more cut than I can remember. My abs are coming out, but I do still have some fat to lose around my mid-section. I don't think it will be a problem. Unfortunately, I am sick today and haven't been sleeping well, so I think tonight I will have a date with estazolam. aside from that, everything is great and I hope to sleep this off before it becomes a full-blown cold. Wish me luck!

Best,
Tyler

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Well, after a week of sleeping like s**t, I finally got a solid 8 hours last night. The bad news: getting the solid 8 hours required the following: 0.5mg clonazopam, 1/2 benedryl tablet (diphenhydramine hcl 12.5mg), 2 powerfull, and 1 chunk of GABA (05.g-1g). I feel great now and I think I am not sick anymore, but needing all of that means that I am definitely getting some insomnia. I will have to consult my last log as I remember having some insomnia on that one too, but I don't remember what cured it (if anything). In the meantime, I have a long weekend coming up (no work until 1PM on Monday), so I will try to catch up on sleep then.

Best,
Tyler

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Another great workout today. Here is a quick summary: Increased lifts, decreased body fat, amazing energy level all day, keeping my diet in check.

Now for the details. First of all, I felt an incredible amount of energy today all day. I have had serious insomnia this week, and last night I took the sleep aids listed above and got a full 8 hours. I had no hangover or anything from the sleep aids, and was rip roarin' through the whole day. This is especially awesome, since today is my busiest teaching day (teaching 8 hours from 9AM-6:30PM). Usually I fade pretty hard after lunch, but today I was amusing students with a fast pace and super high energy level throughout every class. I don't think I have felt this good ever. I feel better than I used to feel when I was drinking a ton of coffee and taking a lot of addreall on a daily basis (I am now on zero stimulants except a very small dose of Maximize V2 pre-workout).

My diet has been flawless and I have not cheated on it at all. I am consistently getting 200+ grams of protein (up to 300 depending on how long I am awake and whether or not it is a workout day), cutting off carbs without a problem, and getting an ok amount of fats (I should probably be eating more fats, but my routine now is producing great results, and as a rule, I never go out of my way to consume extra fats as it just seems to be counterproductive). I am actually seeing my physique change almost daily, and it is VERY motivating! I finally finished up my bag of Fitness Pro chocolate and got into the strawberry, and to my horror, it was full of chocolate protein instead of strawberry. I now have to deal with ANOTHER 10lbs of that stuff and I REALLY don't like it. Horrible mixability (the worse I have ever seen) and bad taste (IMO). On a positive note, I found an old MGN jug that actually had a little bit of rocky road in it so I am really happy to have that.

My workout today was great. I had such a blast with the modified DC workout on Wed that I decided to do the same on my pulling day today. I added in some sumo deads at the beginning to round out the routine. Even though I haven't done deads of any kind since the last log back in June, I still pulled 225 x 7 (my grip gave out and I think I could have gotten 8). Chainsaws were even better. The highest dumbbells they have are 100s, so that's what I did. I did 100 x 10, 5, 3 (I think this was the result...total was 18...I should really bring a notebook). They had a really interesting pulldown machine there. It uses standard plates and pivots at one axis point. I was skeptical, since I hadn't heard of the company before and they listed the machine as working chest, shoulders, and tris (unless the highlighted body parts were SUPPOSED to be everything it doesn't work out, that was a huge error), but it felt really good. I did a SUPER WIDE hammer grip (hands perpendicular to body) and felt my lats get worked out very well and in a way that felt distinctly different than any pulldown machine I have tried before. Number aren't important since I hadn't ever done the machine before, but I felt great after the RP set. After that, it was biceps on the cable machine, and then hammer grip dumbbell curls. Both felt great. There were two negatives to the workout: I ended up losing focus a few times due to some text messaging and the workout ran about 10 minutes too long, making me feel as though I lost a bit of steam towards the end, and, more importantly, my knee felt totally shot. I don't know why, but during cardio (also a great session BTW), my left knee started aching quite a bit on the lateral side. I decided to "push through it," which was not a great idea. The sumo deads didn't seem to hurt it more, but it kept aching throughout the whole workout. When I walked up the stairs to make a quick phone call, it hurt a bit (bad sign), and then walking back down REALLY hurt. It didn't impede my workout, but I decided it would be wise to skip bjj. Friday night is my fav session of bjj and I hate it when I have to miss it. I realized during the knee ache that I think I forgot my fish oil this morning. I came home and took 10 pills of fish oil, 400mg ibuprofen, and iced it for about 40 min. I will continue icing it until I go to sleep. I hope it feels good enough to hit up tomorrow morning's bjj session. We will have to wait and see. FYI if anyone is interested, check out taiwanbjj.org. It's my school's site. Great place to train and even better people to train with. Visitors always welcome if anyone ever happens to find themselves in the Taipei area. That's all for now. Sorry for the long read, but hey, I did provide a summary at the top in case anyone didn't feel up to it ;).

Best,
Tyler

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Glad you are enjoying things and pumped to see you have your diet dialed in

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Thanks dude! Diet is going strong BUT unfortunately my knee still feels like s**t. I am not sure, but I think it is my IT band. I have been foam rolling it and it is incredibly painful, so I am guessing that is what is wrong (hoping for that, too, since that would be much better than a meniscus issue or arthritis). I will continue foam rolling, but it seems like I will be skipping my cardio tomorrow. Hopefully it feels better soon.

Best,
Tyler

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
First bottle FINISHED. Halfway point. I can see my abs again! Looking huge and cut (comparatively, haha). I am able to drop fat and gain muscle at the same time and I have a TON of energy all day. On the downside, my knee is still f**ked. No cardio today and (*sigh*) no live BJJ rolling (if I can be smart enough to avoid it). Still feeling like a monster so I am gonna go find some heavy weights and make them my b**ch! Update coming later!

Best,
Tyler

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
OK I am back from my workout. It was definitely not bad, but it was not my best performance. First of all, I couldn't do proper cardio, so I did 30 minutes on an ...arm bike (I don't know what it's called...it looks like bike peddles but you use your arms). That may have hurt my performance, since I was using high resistance. Then I had to do all barbell stuff, because I didn't want to irritate my knee by carrying lots of dumbbells. On flat bench, I felt pretty good, but I went up too high. I got 205 up less than 12 reps rest pause last time, but I still tried to go up to 225. I was only able to get 1 rep before I needed spotting and couldn't even get one after the first pause, so I went down to 205 to finish the set. I then did a set at 185 since I didn't feel that I had worked my chest too much. My gym doesn't have a proper incline bar bench, so I did incline press and military press on a smith machine. I did well I guess, but it's hard to gauge since it was a smith. Either way, I did get a good workout in. I finished with tri extensions, dynamic stretches, and then worked my abs/core at bjj practice. I rolled my hips/IT band there and started feeling much better. I was talking to a friend there, who said he he also had a serious knee issue recently, and it turned out his hips were out of alignment and the pain was being referred to his knee. I am lucky enough to have several physical therapists at my club. A giant Taiwanese dude with CRAZY wrestling/Judo throws (literally the craziest stuff I have ever seen), named Hannibal, took a look at me and said that one hip is higher than the other, and having knee pain from that is expected. He did some super painful manipulations and trigger point work and straightened them out for me. He will take another look on Wednesday night, but I am feeling much better after that and the foam rolling. I hope the knee pain is gone and I can get back to regular cardio and rolling on Wednesday.

Weight is holding steady at 84, but I am still looking more muscular and thinner than I have ever looked at 84KG. So far, so good.

Best,
Tyler

Edit: 84 is my weight in kilograms, which is about 185 pounds.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Log is looking good man

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,

My knee is still not feeling great. I feel like I might have been able to do cardio/bjj today but I didn't want to risk irritating it, so I will give myself until Friday. In other words, I haven't rolled in a week and I am getting pretty bummed about it...

Anyway, I did a pulling day today. I did rest-pause sets and dynamic stretches, but the workout I did was pretty different than a standard DC day. I did bent-over rows, chainsaws, super side grip pull-downs, A machine that is basically a rowing movement (one set, not rest-paused), preacher curls, and reverse-grip cable curls. I didn't perform very well on my first bent-over row pulse, and I could feel that my grip gave out for some reason (205 pounds, so normally no problem handling that). I modified it to an over-under grip for the second and third pulse and ended up getting a total of 2-4-3 reps for a very strange set. I am happy I modified my grip so that I still felt that my back was thoroughly exhausted by the end. I didn't let myself get too down about the weak grip, and moved right on to chainsaws. I did 100 lb dumbbells at 8-4-4, and felt great, even though it was right after rows. Pull downs were awesome. My numbers on super wide-grip were the same as what I normally get doing normal grip pull downs. I normally could only get 18 plates up 1 or 2 times doing super wide grip, but I got it up x 6-3-3 today with no problem. Preacher and reverse curls were also feeling really good and I had a killer forearm pump by the time I left. I also did some ab/core work as well, since I haven't been doing bjj. I did some planking and some l-seat pull-ups (those are KILLER) and really felt great at the end of the workout. I am still really upset about my knee, but I am going strong despite that. Weight is stable at 84KG and diet is still very good (although I had about 100 calories of junk yesterday and today...not bad but every little bit counts).

Best,
Tyler

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
OK I will try to keep this update short.

-knee is feeling better
-did 20 min of cardio and light bjj tonight and it still feels good, so will go harder next time
-Weights were really good today
-Dumbbell bench 80 lbs at 5-1-2
-incline bench (using squat erack) 185 lbs x 6-3-2
-shoulder press 60 lbs x 5-0-2
-skull crushers 115 x ...can't remember to be honest, but it was more than usual
-finished with upright rows 115 x 7 or 8

-Weight is still around 84 (185). Hoping it comes down a bit more now that I can start cardio again. Will wait another few days at least before working legs again.

-Still looking leaner, fuller, more vascular than almost ever. I have about 2 more weeks left.

-This log seems to have slowed down lately, but I will keep posting every workout and any other time something significant happens.

Best,
Tyler

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Went to the gym today for some cardio and deads since my knee was feeling really good. Cardio was great. No knee pain. Deads were going fine on lighter sets. 135 and 185 with no problems. 225 felt great at first, but on my second rep I felt something crunch on the lateral side of my knee. It was pretty scary. I stopped immediately. I haven't felt any pain since then, and I am hoping that I don't suffer any serious repercussions for putting my knee back into heavy use too early. I will hold off on any leg presses or deadlifts for at least another week I guess. Still felt like I got a decent workout, but it was a scary ending and I wasn't able to get through what I wanted to do. I was planning on going up to 275 and then dropping down to 225 for a few sets of sumo deads. Oh well, hopefully I feel fine tomorrow. Weight was down a bit but it was earlier than I usually weigh myself so that's not really applicable. Feel great aside from the knee.

Best,
Tyler

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn man, logs looking good except for that knee business! You gotta take it easy. Once you get back into it stay away from leg extensions, back squat, and heavy leg press. My knee flares up ALL the time, and if i focus primarily on front squat i can still hit legs and allow my knee to stay in decent shape.

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Damn man, logs looking good except for that knee business! You gotta take it easy. Once you get back into it stay away from leg extensions, back squat, and heavy leg press. My knee flares up ALL the time, and if i focus primarily on front squat i can still hit legs and allow my knee to stay in decent shape.

Thanks for the advice dude! It sucks having to watch my knees but between lifting, rolling, and the fact that I already had to have my meniscus shaved down on one side, it is always something I gotta keep in mind while lifting. It is feeling great now, so I just have to resist the urge to go back to deads.

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
OK I have to be honest, until yesterday I was feeling great, but was starting to wonder if 6 pills and this strict diet were really paying dividends compared to 4 pills and my moderately strict diet from my last log. I was down to about 83.5 kilos, and was looking much fuller and leaner, but wasn't sure if I was really any bigger than I was on the last log.

...then I went to put on my rashguard for no-gi bjj yesterday after I finished lifting. It isn't a real, stretchy rashguard. It is a spare that my mom gave me that always fit well, but didn't have enough stretch for me to get off very comfortably. My other rashguard was dirty because I used it for snorkeling on Sunday, so I took it. When I tried to put it on, I realized how much bigger I have gotten since I started this log. I could barely get this thing on! It literally took like a minute of straining to get it on before I could leave! So basically, I am bigger now than I was on my last log, I am looking much leaner than before the log started, and I still have almost 2 weeks to go (now about 1.5 weeks)!

My workout yesterday was AWESOME! I wrote down my lifts so that I could keep track. The only thing that I am having trouble with is my grip strength on bent-over rows. Not sure why, but I have had to start using alternating grip on my second and third round of rest-pausing. My numbers are still good, though:

Cardio: eliptical (always), 30 minutes. Felt MUCH more intense than normal, and pushed it more than I usually can without feeling fatigued.
Bent-over row: 225 x 2-2-2
Super wide, perpendicular grip plate-loaded pull-downs: 200 x 6-3-3
Chainsaws: 100 x 10-4-4 (personal best BY FAR)
L-seated pull-ups: 3 sets. 5 (super wide), 6 (normal), 6 (normal)
Cable curls: 12 plates x 7-4-3
Hammer curls: 35lb dumbbells x 5-3-2

I have never felt as intensely worked out as I felt on my chainsaw sets. When I finished, I stood up and got pretty lightheaded and weak-legged and had to sit down for a couple of seconds because of how much I pushed it. It was awesome. I would have been worried, but I have had feelings like that before on super heavy sets where I went all-out and I hear that it's pretty normal (something about rapid change in blood pressure maybe?). I also ate a Pslin 2 hours before workout and holy s**t I love the synergy between these two compounds. I FINALLY managed to make myself feel a little sore today (after a workout that would have normally killed me), and I am still only slightly sore in that good way that lets you know you hit your sweet spot with the previous workout. When AB is in the picture, "not overdoing it" involved balls-to-the-wall cardio, rest pause sets, and an hour of grappling. I love it!

Another thing I really have to state is the increased energy I have throughout the day with AB. I got 5 hours of sleep last night and I don't drink coffee ever (just a Green Superfood shake in the morning). I thought I was done for but I managed to teach 6 full hours today + finish all of the work that I had to do. My teaching style is VERY high energy, so if I am tired, I usually really suffer at work. Today there was none of it! I came home, worked a bit more, cleaned, went to costco, cooked, and I am now getting ready for bed. My brain still feels fried from the sleep deprivation, but my body feels great! OK I gotta go. Will post after my next workout tomorrow!

Best,
Tyler

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
OK I have to be honest, until yesterday I was feeling great, but was starting to wonder if 6 pills and this strict diet were really paying dividends compared to 4 pills and my moderately strict diet from my last log. I was down to about 83.5 kilos, and was looking much fuller and leaner, but wasn't sure if I was really any bigger than I was on the last log.

...then I went to put on my rashguard for no-gi bjj yesterday after I finished lifting. It isn't a real, stretchy rashguard. It is a spare that my mom gave me that always fit well, but didn't have enough stretch for me to get off very comfortably. My other rashguard was dirty because I used it for snorkeling on Sunday, so I took it. When I tried to put it on, I realized how much bigger I have gotten since I started this log. I could barely get this thing on! It literally took like a minute of straining to get it on before I could leave! So basically, I am bigger now than I was on my last log, I am looking much leaner than before the log started, and I still have almost 2 weeks to go (now about 1.5 weeks)!

My workout yesterday was AWESOME! I wrote down my lifts so that I could keep track. The only thing that I am having trouble with is my grip strength on bent-over rows. Not sure why, but I have had to start using alternating grip on my second and third round of rest-pausing. My numbers are still good, though:

Cardio: eliptical (always), 30 minutes. Felt MUCH more intense than normal, and pushed it more than I usually can without feeling fatigued.
Bent-over row: 225 x 2-2-2
Super wide, perpendicular grip plate-loaded pull-downs: 200 x 6-3-3
Chainsaws: 100 x 10-4-4 (personal best BY FAR)
L-seated pull-ups: 3 sets. 5 (super wide), 6 (normal), 6 (normal)
Cable curls: 12 plates x 7-4-3
Hammer curls: 35lb dumbbells x 5-3-2

I have never felt as intensely worked out as I felt on my chainsaw sets. When I finished, I stood up and got pretty lightheaded and weak-legged and had to sit down for a couple of seconds because of how much I pushed it. It was awesome. I would have been worried, but I have had feelings like that before on super heavy sets where I went all-out and I hear that it's pretty normal (something about rapid change in blood pressure maybe?). I also ate a Pslin 2 hours before workout and holy s**t I love the synergy between these two compounds. I FINALLY managed to make myself feel a little sore today (after a workout that would have normally killed me), and I am still only slightly sore in that good way that lets you know you hit your sweet spot with the previous workout. When AB is in the picture, "not overdoing it" involved balls-to-the-wall cardio, rest pause sets, and an hour of grappling. I love it!

Another thing I really have to state is the increased energy I have throughout the day with AB. I got 5 hours of sleep last night and I don't drink coffee ever (just a Green Superfood shake in the morning). I thought I was done for but I managed to teach 6 full hours today + finish all of the work that I had to do. My teaching style is VERY high energy, so if I am tired, I usually really suffer at work. Today there was none of it! I came home, worked a bit more, cleaned, went to costco, cooked, and I am now getting ready for bed. My brain still feels fried from the sleep deprivation, but my body feels great! OK I gotta go. Will post after my next workout tomorrow!

Best,
Tyler
Awesome update with lots of detail. Glad you are enjoying your run with AB. Keep it up!

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Sorry it has been a few days. I have had two workouts so I want to do them as two separate posts. This is about Wednesday's pushing workout. Everything felt AWESOME. I am still feeling great, with a TON of energy all day long. Still trying to work out some insomnia, but besides that, everything is great. Here are the stats from that workout:

Dumbbell flat bench (neutral grip): 80lb dumbbells x 8-1-2 (HUGE improvement...I don't remember ever putting 80s up 8 times before)
Incline barbell bench: 185 x 7-3-2
Dumbbell shoulder press: 60lb dumbbells x 5-2-1 (or 2...forgot to write it down for a few minutes and forgot)
Skull crushers: 105 (I think...45lb plates plus the bar which I think is 15lbs but correct me if that's wrong) x 5-1-1
Upright row (not a pushing exercise but I put it on this day since it's a shoulder exercise and it goes so well with skull crushers): 105 x 8-4-4

Weight is holding steady at 83 kilograms. Looking really lean and full. Diet is going well at this point (last Wednesday).

Best,
Tyler

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Between Thursday and today, I have still been feeling great with LOADS of energy. My diet has still been pretty much the same, but I have been doing more random snacking on stuff my fiancee is eating, which is really not good. I have not eaten any real cheat meals since starting this log, so normally having a few of her potato chips, or a bite of her hamburger wouldn't be a bad thing. The problem is that most of this has been in the late evening, and some has even been in the hour or so before sleep. I put on fat really easily when I eat anything loaded with carbs/fats at that time, so I need to make sure I cool it with that. I only have three more workouts on this log, so I will tighten everything back up for this next week. Anyway, today's workout was awesome. I went really hard on myself at the gym. I didn't have time for my pulling workout yesterday, so I delayed until today. Here are my stats:

Weight is steady at 83KG. It was actually under 83 on Wednesday, but it was 83 today, so we will see what next week brings.

Bent-over rows: 205 x 3-3-2, 225 x 1 (felt like trying it after the "real" set at 205 was finished)
Barbell shrugs: 225 x 12 (I feel that my barbell grip has gotten weaker, so I wanted to do some of these)
Chainsaws: 100lb dumbbell x 11-6-4 (new personal record...since breaking my previous personal record...last Monday...God I love Anabeta)
Super-wide grip pulldowns: 200 x 3-1-1 (took another few breaths and then did 180 x 3 since I didn't feel like I hit my lats enough...I should have kept it to 190)
Seated rowing machine (not a cable row...it's not great, but wanted to get a few extra exercises in since I wasn't going to bjj after today's workout): 200 (20 plates) x 15-7-6
L-seat pull ups: Super-wide grip x 3, wide-grip x 4, regular grip x 8, regular grip again x 8
Preacher curl: 75 (assuming the bar is 15 lbs) x 6-3-2
Hammer-grip barbell curl: 65 x 6-3-4

Next workout is on Monday night. Hoping for some great numbers on the bench!

Best,
Tyler

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Monday night pushing workout. It was very disappointing to be honest. I didn't even think about why I was not putting up the right numbers until I remembered that I went snorkeling yesterday for a few hours, and was using mostly my arms. Last night my shoulders felt really worn out (not too sore, just fatigued), especially the right one (have a previous injury from a few years back). On top of that, I slept like s**t last night, so that probably didn't help. Anyway, here are my numbers:

Barbell bench press: tried 225 and couldn't even get one (I think I normally would have gotten at least two), then 205 x 3-1-1
Incline dumbbell press: 75 x 6-0-0 (I think I need to take longer rest-pause breaks with dumbbells since I expel so much energy picking the weights back up, resetting them on my legs, and getting into proper position)
Dumbbell shoulder press: 60 x 2-(downgraded to 55 but continued R.P. set)-1-1
Skull crushers: 95 x 6-2-2
Upright row: 95 x 7-5-4

Not that these are bad numbers, but I went down instead of up so I felt really discouraged, even if there was a good reason for it. Hopefully, my last two logged workouts will be my best two yet.

Best,
Tyler