1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.14%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Hey guys,

My knee is still not feeling great. I feel like I might have been able to do cardio/bjj today but I didn't want to risk irritating it, so I will give myself until Friday. In other words, I haven't rolled in a week and I am getting pretty bummed about it...

Anyway, I did a pulling day today. I did rest-pause sets and dynamic stretches, but the workout I did was pretty different than a standard DC day. I did bent-over rows, chainsaws, super side grip pull-downs, A machine that is basically a rowing movement (one set, not rest-paused), preacher curls, and reverse-grip cable curls. I didn't perform very well on my first bent-over row pulse, and I could feel that my grip gave out for some reason (205 pounds, so normally no problem handling that). I modified it to an over-under grip for the second and third pulse and ended up getting a total of 2-4-3 reps for a very strange set. I am happy I modified my grip so that I still felt that my back was thoroughly exhausted by the end. I didn't let myself get too down about the weak grip, and moved right on to chainsaws. I did 100 lb dumbbells at 8-4-4, and felt great, even though it was right after rows. Pull downs were awesome. My numbers on super wide-grip were the same as what I normally get doing normal grip pull downs. I normally could only get 18 plates up 1 or 2 times doing super wide grip, but I got it up x 6-3-3 today with no problem. Preacher and reverse curls were also feeling really good and I had a killer forearm pump by the time I left. I also did some ab/core work as well, since I haven't been doing bjj. I did some planking and some l-seat pull-ups (those are KILLER) and really felt great at the end of the workout. I am still really upset about my knee, but I am going strong despite that. Weight is stable at 84KG and diet is still very good (although I had about 100 calories of junk yesterday and today...not bad but every little bit counts).

Best,
    Tyler

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.14%

OK I will try to keep this update short.

-knee is feeling better
    -did 20 min of cardio and light bjj tonight and it still feels good, so will go harder next time
    -Weights were really good today
    -Dumbbell bench 80 lbs at 5-1-2
    -incline bench (using squat erack) 185 lbs x 6-3-2
    -shoulder press 60 lbs x 5-0-2
    -skull crushers 115 x ...can't remember to be honest, but it was more than usual
    -finished with upright rows 115 x 7 or 8

-Weight is still around 84 (185). Hoping it comes down a bit more now that I can start cardio again. Will wait another few days at least before working legs again.

-Still looking leaner, fuller, more vascular than almost ever. I have about 2 more weeks left.

-This log seems to have slowed down lately, but I will keep posting every workout and any other time something significant happens.

Best,
    Tyler
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.14%

Went to the gym today for some cardio and deads since my knee was feeling really good. Cardio was great. No knee pain. Deads were going fine on lighter sets. 135 and 185 with no problems. 225 felt great at first, but on my second rep I felt something crunch on the lateral side of my knee. It was pretty scary. I stopped immediately. I haven't felt any pain since then, and I am hoping that I don't suffer any serious repercussions for putting my knee back into heavy use too early. I will hold off on any leg presses or deadlifts for at least another week I guess. Still felt like I got a decent workout, but it was a scary ending and I wasn't able to get through what I wanted to do. I was planning on going up to 275 and then dropping down to 225 for a few sets of sumo deads. Oh well, hopefully I feel fine tomorrow. Weight was down a bit but it was earlier than I usually weigh myself so that's not really applicable. Feel great aside from the knee.

Best,
    Tyler
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.4%

Damn man, logs looking good except for that knee business! You gotta take it easy. Once you get back into it stay away from leg extensions, back squat, and heavy leg press. My knee flares up ALL the time, and if i focus primarily on front squat i can still hit legs and allow my knee to stay in decent shape.
    PES - PM me anytime for any questions
    "Like" us on Facebook
    Subscribe to the PES Newsletter for all Specials and Announcements
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.14%

Quote Originally Posted by kevinhy View Post
    Damn man, logs looking good except for that knee business! You gotta take it easy. Once you get back into it stay away from leg extensions, back squat, and heavy leg press. My knee flares up ALL the time, and if i focus primarily on front squat i can still hit legs and allow my knee to stay in decent shape.

Thanks for the advice dude! It sucks having to watch my knees but between lifting, rolling, and the fact that I already had to have my meniscus shaved down on one side, it is always something I gotta keep in mind while lifting. It is feeling great now, so I just have to resist the urge to go back to deads.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.14%

OK I have to be honest, until yesterday I was feeling great, but was starting to wonder if 6 pills and this strict diet were really paying dividends compared to 4 pills and my moderately strict diet from my last log. I was down to about 83.5 kilos, and was looking much fuller and leaner, but wasn't sure if I was really any bigger than I was on the last log.

...then I went to put on my rashguard for no-gi bjj yesterday after I finished lifting. It isn't a real, stretchy rashguard. It is a spare that my mom gave me that always fit well, but didn't have enough stretch for me to get off very comfortably. My other rashguard was dirty because I used it for snorkeling on Sunday, so I took it. When I tried to put it on, I realized how much bigger I have gotten since I started this log. I could barely get this thing on! It literally took like a minute of straining to get it on before I could leave! So basically, I am bigger now than I was on my last log, I am looking much leaner than before the log started, and I still have almost 2 weeks to go (now about 1.5 weeks)!

My workout yesterday was AWESOME! I wrote down my lifts so that I could keep track. The only thing that I am having trouble with is my grip strength on bent-over rows. Not sure why, but I have had to start using alternating grip on my second and third round of rest-pausing. My numbers are still good, though:

Cardio: eliptical (always), 30 minutes. Felt MUCH more intense than normal, and pushed it more than I usually can without feeling fatigued.
    Bent-over row: 225 x 2-2-2
    Super wide, perpendicular grip plate-loaded pull-downs: 200 x 6-3-3
    Chainsaws: 100 x 10-4-4 (personal best BY FAR)
    L-seated pull-ups: 3 sets. 5 (super wide), 6 (normal), 6 (normal)
    Cable curls: 12 plates x 7-4-3
    Hammer curls: 35lb dumbbells x 5-3-2

I have never felt as intensely worked out as I felt on my chainsaw sets. When I finished, I stood up and got pretty lightheaded and weak-legged and had to sit down for a couple of seconds because of how much I pushed it. It was awesome. I would have been worried, but I have had feelings like that before on super heavy sets where I went all-out and I hear that it's pretty normal (something about rapid change in blood pressure maybe?). I also ate a Pslin 2 hours before workout and holy s**t I love the synergy between these two compounds. I FINALLY managed to make myself feel a little sore today (after a workout that would have normally killed me), and I am still only slightly sore in that good way that lets you know you hit your sweet spot with the previous workout. When AB is in the picture, "not overdoing it" involved balls-to-the-wall cardio, rest pause sets, and an hour of grappling. I love it!

Another thing I really have to state is the increased energy I have throughout the day with AB. I got 5 hours of sleep last night and I don't drink coffee ever (just a Green Superfood shake in the morning). I thought I was done for but I managed to teach 6 full hours today + finish all of the work that I had to do. My teaching style is VERY high energy, so if I am tired, I usually really suffer at work. Today there was none of it! I came home, worked a bit more, cleaned, went to costco, cooked, and I am now getting ready for bed. My brain still feels fried from the sleep deprivation, but my body feels great! OK I gotta go. Will post after my next workout tomorrow!

Best,
    Tyler
  7. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.97%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by tyrub42 View Post
    OK I have to be honest, until yesterday I was feeling great, but was starting to wonder if 6 pills and this strict diet were really paying dividends compared to 4 pills and my moderately strict diet from my last log. I was down to about 83.5 kilos, and was looking much fuller and leaner, but wasn't sure if I was really any bigger than I was on the last log.

...then I went to put on my rashguard for no-gi bjj yesterday after I finished lifting. It isn't a real, stretchy rashguard. It is a spare that my mom gave me that always fit well, but didn't have enough stretch for me to get off very comfortably. My other rashguard was dirty because I used it for snorkeling on Sunday, so I took it. When I tried to put it on, I realized how much bigger I have gotten since I started this log. I could barely get this thing on! It literally took like a minute of straining to get it on before I could leave! So basically, I am bigger now than I was on my last log, I am looking much leaner than before the log started, and I still have almost 2 weeks to go (now about 1.5 weeks)!

My workout yesterday was AWESOME! I wrote down my lifts so that I could keep track. The only thing that I am having trouble with is my grip strength on bent-over rows. Not sure why, but I have had to start using alternating grip on my second and third round of rest-pausing. My numbers are still good, though:

Cardio: eliptical (always), 30 minutes. Felt MUCH more intense than normal, and pushed it more than I usually can without feeling fatigued.
    Bent-over row: 225 x 2-2-2
    Super wide, perpendicular grip plate-loaded pull-downs: 200 x 6-3-3
    Chainsaws: 100 x 10-4-4 (personal best BY FAR)
    L-seated pull-ups: 3 sets. 5 (super wide), 6 (normal), 6 (normal)
    Cable curls: 12 plates x 7-4-3
    Hammer curls: 35lb dumbbells x 5-3-2

I have never felt as intensely worked out as I felt on my chainsaw sets. When I finished, I stood up and got pretty lightheaded and weak-legged and had to sit down for a couple of seconds because of how much I pushed it. It was awesome. I would have been worried, but I have had feelings like that before on super heavy sets where I went all-out and I hear that it's pretty normal (something about rapid change in blood pressure maybe?). I also ate a Pslin 2 hours before workout and holy s**t I love the synergy between these two compounds. I FINALLY managed to make myself feel a little sore today (after a workout that would have normally killed me), and I am still only slightly sore in that good way that lets you know you hit your sweet spot with the previous workout. When AB is in the picture, "not overdoing it" involved balls-to-the-wall cardio, rest pause sets, and an hour of grappling. I love it!

Another thing I really have to state is the increased energy I have throughout the day with AB. I got 5 hours of sleep last night and I don't drink coffee ever (just a Green Superfood shake in the morning). I thought I was done for but I managed to teach 6 full hours today + finish all of the work that I had to do. My teaching style is VERY high energy, so if I am tired, I usually really suffer at work. Today there was none of it! I came home, worked a bit more, cleaned, went to costco, cooked, and I am now getting ready for bed. My brain still feels fried from the sleep deprivation, but my body feels great! OK I gotta go. Will post after my next workout tomorrow!

Best,
    Tyler
    Awesome update with lots of detail. Glad you are enjoying your run with AB. Keep it up!
    PES REPRESENTATIVE
    pescience.com
    http://pescience.com/insider
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.14%

Sorry it has been a few days. I have had two workouts so I want to do them as two separate posts. This is about Wednesday's pushing workout. Everything felt AWESOME. I am still feeling great, with a TON of energy all day long. Still trying to work out some insomnia, but besides that, everything is great. Here are the stats from that workout:

Dumbbell flat bench (neutral grip): 80lb dumbbells x 8-1-2 (HUGE improvement...I don't remember ever putting 80s up 8 times before)
    Incline barbell bench: 185 x 7-3-2
    Dumbbell shoulder press: 60lb dumbbells x 5-2-1 (or 2...forgot to write it down for a few minutes and forgot)
    Skull crushers: 105 (I think...45lb plates plus the bar which I think is 15lbs but correct me if that's wrong) x 5-1-1
    Upright row (not a pushing exercise but I put it on this day since it's a shoulder exercise and it goes so well with skull crushers): 105 x 8-4-4

Weight is holding steady at 83 kilograms. Looking really lean and full. Diet is going well at this point (last Wednesday).

Best,
    Tyler
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.14%

Between Thursday and today, I have still been feeling great with LOADS of energy. My diet has still been pretty much the same, but I have been doing more random snacking on stuff my fiancee is eating, which is really not good. I have not eaten any real cheat meals since starting this log, so normally having a few of her potato chips, or a bite of her hamburger wouldn't be a bad thing. The problem is that most of this has been in the late evening, and some has even been in the hour or so before sleep. I put on fat really easily when I eat anything loaded with carbs/fats at that time, so I need to make sure I cool it with that. I only have three more workouts on this log, so I will tighten everything back up for this next week. Anyway, today's workout was awesome. I went really hard on myself at the gym. I didn't have time for my pulling workout yesterday, so I delayed until today. Here are my stats:

Weight is steady at 83KG. It was actually under 83 on Wednesday, but it was 83 today, so we will see what next week brings.

Bent-over rows: 205 x 3-3-2, 225 x 1 (felt like trying it after the "real" set at 205 was finished)
    Barbell shrugs: 225 x 12 (I feel that my barbell grip has gotten weaker, so I wanted to do some of these)
    Chainsaws: 100lb dumbbell x 11-6-4 (new personal record...since breaking my previous personal record...last Monday...God I love Anabeta)
    Super-wide grip pulldowns: 200 x 3-1-1 (took another few breaths and then did 180 x 3 since I didn't feel like I hit my lats enough...I should have kept it to 190)
    Seated rowing machine (not a cable row...it's not great, but wanted to get a few extra exercises in since I wasn't going to bjj after today's workout): 200 (20 plates) x 15-7-6
    L-seat pull ups: Super-wide grip x 3, wide-grip x 4, regular grip x 8, regular grip again x 8
    Preacher curl: 75 (assuming the bar is 15 lbs) x 6-3-2
    Hammer-grip barbell curl: 65 x 6-3-4

Next workout is on Monday night. Hoping for some great numbers on the bench!

Best,
    Tyler
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.14%

Monday night pushing workout. It was very disappointing to be honest. I didn't even think about why I was not putting up the right numbers until I remembered that I went snorkeling yesterday for a few hours, and was using mostly my arms. Last night my shoulders felt really worn out (not too sore, just fatigued), especially the right one (have a previous injury from a few years back). On top of that, I slept like s**t last night, so that probably didn't help. Anyway, here are my numbers:

Barbell bench press: tried 225 and couldn't even get one (I think I normally would have gotten at least two), then 205 x 3-1-1
    Incline dumbbell press: 75 x 6-0-0 (I think I need to take longer rest-pause breaks with dumbbells since I expel so much energy picking the weights back up, resetting them on my legs, and getting into proper position)
    Dumbbell shoulder press: 60 x 2-(downgraded to 55 but continued R.P. set)-1-1
    Skull crushers: 95 x 6-2-2
    Upright row: 95 x 7-5-4

Not that these are bad numbers, but I went down instead of up so I felt really discouraged, even if there was a good reason for it. Hopefully, my last two logged workouts will be my best two yet.

Best,
    Tyler
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.14%

Hi Guys,

Had a really kick-ass workout today. This is probably my last pulling workout on this log (might have enough AB left for one more, but we will see), so I made sure to go balls-to-the-wall as much as possible. Had really good results. I will post my numbers below, but more importantly is that I felt completely drained after every lift, letting me know that I put 100% into it. Since the AB is revving me up so much, I was always rip roarin' ready to go with my warm-up sets for my next lift almost immediately.

Bent-over row: 205 x 6-4-3 (I think this is the best I have ever done, but not sure), then 2 minute break and 225 x 2
    Super-wide grip plate-loaded hammer grip pull downs (longest. exercise name. ever.): 240 x 4-2-2, then finished with 210 x 6 for good measure...only thing that held me back was trying to anchor myself into the machine since I weigh much less than I was lifting but the fact that I had that problem is awesome haha!
    Chainsaws: 100 x 11-7-5 (personal best ever...from last personal best ever last Friday...this stuff is awesome!)
    Cable curls: 14 plates x 5-2-2 (Definitely the most I ever got on that as well)
    Reverse-grip cable curl: 9 plates x 8-4-3
    Wide-grip L-seat pullups: 1 set of 6, 1 set of 5

Cardio was great as it has been consistently on this run. Bjj was also awesome, although there were A LOT of people there tonight so that was a little frustrating, but it's still good to see so many people out training.

I have gained some really valuable perspective on using AB that I will put in my final summary/review. I have some really interesting ideas for next time.

Weight is officially down to 82 Kilograms from 86 (weighed 81.7 yesterday at 6, and 82.1 today at 7 fully hydrated), and I gained what looks like 2-7 pounds of muscle (sorry I can't be more specific...I just know my whole upper body is bigger but have no accurate way to gauge real muscle gains...if I had to guess I would say 4-5 pounds while losing 9 pounds of body weight!).

Possible my last logged workout on Friday, so stay tuned (4 days of pills left)!

Best,
    Tyler
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.14%

Took my before/after pics yesterday (today and tomorrow are both workout days, and I wanted to take the after pics unpumped to be fair). Much more dramatic change than I thought. Will post those as soon as possible. Tonight I get to loosen up my diet again. A beer or two, and a Vietnamese sandwich will be my post-workout meal. I might even polish it off with an oatmeal brownie cookie (made 'em last night)! Will update on my workout later!

Best,
    Tyler
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.14%

Hey guys,

Tonight was AWESOME. I put up some more personal bests and really surprised myself. I will let the numbers speak for themselves:

-Dumbbell neutral grip bench press: 85 x 5-3-2, then rested for 2 min and put up 90 x 1 (think I could have gotten 2 but wanted to try 95...I couldn't do it). I have NEVER put up 90s before in 10 years of lifting. At the beginning of this log, I don't think I could even get 80s up more than once on a good day.

Incline barbell bench: 195 x 5-2-2. I don't remember if I ever put up this weight before, but I think I have since I did go through the college "all the matters is bench" phase, haha. I don't think I ever got that up 5 times before, and certainly never that kind of rest-pause number...after already killing my chest with dumbbells.

Dumbbell military press: 60 x 4-1-1. I have done better than this before, but now that I do shoulders after two shoulder-intensive exercises, I think that these number are pretty good. I also really felt like I had worked my chest and shoulders to the max at this point.

Skull crushers: 105 x 10-4-3. I think the most I ever put up 105 before this log was 4-6 reps from my last AB log. I usually can't even get 1 rep at 105. Now I get 10 and two more solid RP numbers. Outstanding!

My weight was under 82 KG even though I ate a lot today (Halloween parties with all my classes), drank plenty of water, and didn't get to the gym until 10PM. Great results on this run! No BJJ tonight since I had to chose that or lifting and I chose lifting. Cardio was short (15 min), so I did it at a faster pace than normal. I am still feeling great all day with more energy and focus. I am going to get another lat day in tomorrow since I am quickly getting to the end of this log, and I think I can handle another hard lift tomorrow. That's it for tonight, folks!

Best,
    Tyler
  14. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.97%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Nice job on the PR's Tyler, I haven't posted a lot but I am following
    PES REPRESENTATIVE
    pescience.com
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.14%

Quote Originally Posted by BPjohn123 View Post
    Nice job on the PR's Tyler, I haven't posted a lot but I am following
    Thanks man, yeah this log has not gotten as many replies as the last one, but I hope you are all still out there following. I think this will get a bit more attention once I post the before/after pics. Of course I will need some help on that one again unless I figure out how to actually do it this time. I am still in shock that I put up 90lb dumbbells for the first time ever and did it after killing my chest with an epic rest-pause PR set. The craziest part is that I don't even feel overly sore today. I will be doing chest again on Monday just to see how well the AB is boosting my recovery. So far it is unbelievable!
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.14%

OK just did back...more PRs, more amazing numbers, it's almost not even exciting anymore haha.

Bent-over row: 205 x 6-3-2 (PR), then 1 min rest and 225 x 1, then 2 min rest and 245 x 1 (PR, although it wasn't the cleanest form of my life)
    Super-wide grip pulldowns: 19 plates (190 pounds I guess) x 7-3-2 (I believe this is a PR, but I don't keep track of this lift that well), then another 30 second RP break, then 18 plates x 3, then another 30 second break, then 16 plates x 6
    Chainsaws: 100 x 12-7-5 (PR...again)
    L-seat wide grip pullups: 3 sets and 5, 6, and 5 reps
    Preacher curls: 95 x 5-3-1
    Hammer-grip barbell curls: 85 x 4-2-2

I have to get to a halloween party so that's all for now!

Best,
    Tyler
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.14%

Well, that's the end of my Anabeta . It has been a great experience. Tonight, I tried to get a 1 rep max for a few exercises to see how much progress I have made. Unbelievable. Dumbbell flat bench I got 95lb dumbbells up. The highest I have ever gotten up before this log was 85 x 1. At the beginning of this log, I could only get 80lbs up x 1. Now I am getting 95s!

I then tried incline barbell bench. I managed to get 215 x 1. Again, a personal record by far, even though I don't focus on chest much these days (and I used to be obsessed with benching when I was in college). I felt like I could have gotten 225 up, and I tried to do it, but I came down a little too far and was unable to get it without some help. I feel like I definitely could have done it if it was my first exercise, but oh well, 215 is still way better than I thought I would ever get on that exercise!

I will post before/after pics and a detailed report in the next few days, so stay tuned! Thanks again to everyone at PES!

Best,
    Tyler
  18. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.97%

Quote Originally Posted by tyrub42
    Well, that's the end of my Anabeta . It has been a great experience. Tonight, I tried to get a 1 rep max for a few exercises to see how much progress I have made. Unbelievable. Dumbbell flat bench I got 95lb dumbbells up. The highest I have ever gotten up before this log was 85 x 1. At the beginning of this log, I could only get 80lbs up x 1. Now I am getting 95s!

I then tried incline barbell bench. I managed to get 215 x 1. Again, a personal record by far, even though I don't focus on chest much these days (and I used to be obsessed with benching when I was in college). I felt like I could have gotten 225 up, and I tried to do it, but I came down a little too far and was unable to get it without some help. I feel like I definitely could have done it if it was my first exercise, but oh well, 215 is still way better than I thought I would ever get on that exercise!

I will post before/after pics and a detailed report in the next few days, so stay tuned! Thanks again to everyone at PES!

Best,
    Tyler
    Great job Tyler on the progress and detailed log. Seems Anabeta is definitely a good product for you based on setting new PR's left and right. Appreciate you logging and sharing
    PES REPRESENTATIVE
    pescience.com
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.14%

Well, the PR's are still coming! I had the day off today, so I woke up to do some fasted cardio. I finished that, and then decided to see what I could do with a few more exercises.

-I hit 265 on Bent-over rows! The most I ever put up before this log was 225, and at the beginning of this log, I don't think I could get more than 205 x 1. That is an increase of 40-60 pounds!
    -I did 100 x 15 on Chainsaws! That is a huge increase from my old PR from my last AB log! I wish they had heavier dumbbells at my gym; I feel like I could have gotten at least 120 if not more.
    -Preacher curls I got 105 x 1. I am pretty sure that I haven't done that before, but I am not positive. If I did, it was years ago.

I will try to get my before/after pics up as soon as possible, as well as a final review. Thanks, guys!

Best,
    Tyler
  20. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.97%

Can wait for final review, thanks bro
    PES REPRESENTATIVE
    pescience.com
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.14%

OK well this is a snag. I guess they changed the forum rules at AM since my last log. I just made my before/after albums on photobucket and I am now not allowed to post links until I have 150 posts or more. I will try to find a way around this.

Best,
    Tyler
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.14%

OK here is the best I can come up with. I am going to PM the links to the PES board sponsors. Please post them here when you get them. Sorry for the delay, everyone (the pics were actually from a week ago).

Best,
    Tyler
  23. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.97%

OK here is the best I can come up with. I am going to PM the links to the PES board sponsors. Please post them here when you get them. Sorry for the delay, everyone (the pics were actually from a week ago).

Best,
    Tyler
    before:http://s1056.photobucket.com/albums/...ore%202012-10/

after: http://s1056.photobucket.com/albums/...ter%202012-10/
    PES REPRESENTATIVE
    pescience.com
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.14%

Dude, that was the fastest turnaround ever! I don't even think I had enough time to send that message to other reps before you were in here posting the links. Thanks a lot!
  25. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.14%

Now if anyone can help me post those on this forum, please do. I am still having no luck trying it.
  26. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.97%

Dude, that was the fastest turnaround ever! I don't even think I had enough time to send that message to other reps before you were in here posting the links. Thanks a lot!
    No problem bro, great progress !
    PES REPRESENTATIVE
    pescience.com
  27. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'4"  222 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.82%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Before pictures

28. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'4"  222 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.82%

AFTER PICTURES.
  29. PESCIENCE.com
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.79%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Simply amazing!
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  30. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'4"  222 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.82%

Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster
    Simply amazing!
    Yupp, I'm super impressed. He really shined on this log compared to his first log I followed. Both gave great results, these results are just stunning!
  31. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.97%

Huge difference, well done
    PES REPRESENTATIVE
    pescience.com
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.14%

Thanks everyone! I didn't realize how big the difference was until I looked at the before pics again. I really got out of shape there. I will still post my final review as soon as I have some free time, so keep following!

Best,
    Tyler
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.14%

BTW that PES Insider deal that I just got in my email is RIDICULOUS! If anyone hasn't signed up for that yet, you are missing out big time! I can't spend any money on supps right now, but that deal is probably the best hookup I have ever seen.
  34. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.97%

BTW that PES Insider deal that I just got in my email is RIDICULOUS! If anyone hasn't signed up for that yet, you are missing out big time! I can't spend any money on supps right now, but that deal is probably the best hookup I have ever seen.
    Thanks, hard to pass up that deal
    PES REPRESENTATIVE
    pescience.com
  35. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.14%

Quote Originally Posted by BPjohn123 View Post
    Thanks, hard to pass up that deal
    Yeah it is basically a buy-1-get-3 free offer...gotta be a lot of people who were thrilled about getting that one. Nice range of choices, too!
  36. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.14%

Anabeta final report:

OK so now that I have finished my run and had some time to really think over the whole experience, here is my final report. I will keep it as short as possible (but you know me, that might be a futile effort). First of all, if anyone here hasn’t tried Anabeta yet, you are doing yourself a disservice. Although natural supplements have different effects for everyone, Anabeta is the cheapest natural anabolic you can buy (the most I have seen it sold for is 40 dollars, and I have seen it as low as 25, and that is for a full 30-day supply at 4 pills ED). If you look around the Anabolicminds forums, you can clearly see the dramatic results that many people have gotten from it. It helps with everything from bulking, to recomp, to nutrient repartitioning, and all while producing a great sense of well-being (at least in my case). If you haven’t tried it yet, do yourself a favor and add it to your next supplement order as soon as you have a few bucks to spare.

So first, how did the Anabeta help me as far as strength? In short, it helped a lot. I was doing several things that are typically bad for strength: lowering carb intake, cutting fat, doing cardio before weight training, weight training with a very tough system (rest-paused sets to exhaustion), and last but not least, practicing bjj for up to 90 minutes of live rolling after the cardio and weights, before my post-workout meal. All of these things point to a loss of muscle and strength. I will talk about muscle as a separate section, but concerning strength…in a word, wow. If you don’t feel like reading back through my very (overly?) detailed log, here is the short version: personal records on almost every exercise that I did while on this run. If my strength simply stayed the same, it would have meant that Anabeta helped a lot. If it went up slightly, it would have pointed to a great supplement with myriad different uses. But to have that many PRs while targeting fat loss was incredible. This wasn’t a one-time thing or a slight increase either. I was setting PR’s in some exercises REPEATEDLY (setting a PR and then breaking it a few days later with an even better one) throughout the second half of the log. So, in sum, it worked better for strength than I could have expected (and, based on my last log, I had very high expectations).

Next, how did Anabeta help me as far as muscle mass? In short, it helped a lot! This might be confusing for some. Why did I separate strength and muscle mass into two sections? Well, a lot of supplements are known to boost strength significantly but not always produce big gains in size or muscle mass, so I wanted to separate the two. If you didn’t read the above paragraph, go back and read my workout and diet routine, and you will see that I really shouldn’t have been able to gain any muscle mass on this log. Again, just keeping the strength and muscle that I had at the beginning, while losing fat would have been significant. This was not the case, however. I have no way to know the exact amount of muscle that I put on, except that clothes fit much tighter to the extent that one of my bjj rash guards no longer fit comfortably and I was almost unable to even get it on. Upon viewing my before/after pics, it is apparent that my arms are larger, my back is wider, and my shoulders and chest look bigger and rounder as well. While changes to shoulders and chest can often be an optical illusion when one loses fat, you can’t say the same about the changes to my arms and back. They don’t just look more ripped, they look legitimately larger and fuller. I couldn’t make a real educated guess about exactly how much muscle I gained, but I would think that it has to be at least 4 pounds based on the pictures, and how much tighter all of my clothes feel (even though I weigh 9 pounds less than I did at the beginning). How much is it actually? Unfortunately, I can’t claim to know for sure. Fortunately, I don’t really care, because I can still say “a lot” without any hesitation.

Next, we have fat loss. How did Anabeta help me as far as fat loss? This is a tricky question, because my diet was so tuned up, that I would have lost a lot of fat anyway. I lost about 9 pounds of body weight on this log, but with the muscle mass increase, the real figure is more like 12-15 pounds of fat loss. Is this more than I would have lost if I had kept the same diet without the Anabeta? Anabeta is well-known for reducing the amount of fat one would put on when consuming a calorie surplus (which makes it such a useful tool when bulking). Whether or not it helps increase fat loss on a deficit is less well-known, as it is a much harder thing to judge. It is difficult to analyze a question like “Would I have lost the same amount of fat if I hadn’t taken it?” Having dieted extremely several times in the past (I lost 100 pounds in 11 months in high school, and I lost 18 pounds in 4-6 weeks when I did a bjj comp a few years ago), I can say that I have the ability to get fat off when I dial in my willpower. However, I can also say that doing things like that always ate up a fair amount of muscle. This run, by contrast, added serious amounts of muscle while I lost a lot of fat. I also had the added benefit of having a small safety net if I ever slipped up with my Achilles’ heel (eating carbs at night). If I ever caved and had a bite of my fiancée’s burger, or a tortilla with my last meal before bed, the Anabeta reduced the impact (those kinds of foods at night can put on an extraordinary amount of fat for me unfortunately). So, did the Anabeta actually help me lose fat? The only honest answer I can give is: I don’t know. But I also don’t care, as it DID help me put on more muscle and strength than I ever have in 6 weeks before, instead of losing muscle and strength like I normally would have.

Next, we have miscellaneous things that I noticed about Anabeta on this and other runs.

1. Anabeta improved my mood and sense of well-being. This was more apparent on this run. I was generally bright and happy on this whole run, and always felt great!

2. Anabeta improved my energy levels dramatically. Again, this was more apparent at 6 pills ED but it was still noticeable at 4. Almost every day, I felt as if I got the best night’s sleep of my life and just drank a big cup of coffee without any jitters (I don’t drink any coffe or take any stims except a small pre-workout stim). This effect was amazing and I haven’t felt anything like it before. Even if I only slept for 5 or 6 hours, I felt great all day. Probably because:

3. Anabeta reduced the amount of sleep that I needed (possibly combined with Powerfull). Now first, I have to again mention that I did take Powerfull several nights per week to help me sleep, and Powerfull is great stuff. However, I have never gotten this dramatic an effect from just Powerfull. I usually aim for 8 hours a night. On this run, 6-7 was optimal, and I never really needed more than that to feel great all day. This is great, because on the negative side:

4. Anabeta can cause some serious insomnia for me when dosed too late at night. First of all, let me clarify that this is not a common problem for people, but it did happen to me. I experienced this on my last two logs, and now I can say with certainty that for me, taking the Anabeta too late at night causes insomnia to a serious extent. I always tried to take 2 pills with my pre-workout meal and another two post workout. This turned out to be a mistake because I was working out 6:30-10 or 10:30, and then trying to sleep at 12 or 12:30. It was so severe that even with 12.5 mg diphenhydramine, 3 powerfull, and 2 mg estazolam, I was still tossing and turning (and estazolam can pretty much put me down no matter what at only 1 mg). This goes hand-in-hand with the energy increase. Anabeta gave me so much energy that even though it is completely stim-free, I have to lay off of it for at least 4 hours before bedtime. Is this really a bad thing? Of course not! The energy is amazing as is the sense of well-being. I just had to learn the hard way to change my dosing schedule and boom, problem solved. Plus, make sure you take it before meals, because:

5. Anabeta has some serious nutrient repartitioning qualities. Take this stuff without food, and see how long you last before you are feeling woozy, irritable and starving! Dosed 1 pill at a time, this was still noticeable, but dosing it 2 pills at a time, the effects were huge. You eat it and you WILL be hungry a few minutes later. A few minutes after that, you will be STARVING. Eat a nice amount of healthy food, and enjoy the burst of energy and well-being! I loved it for this purpose. It wasn’t exactly like other nutrient repartitioners, in that it doesn’t seem to be completely about carbs. Eating a pre-workout meal with 50 grams of protein and only 20-25 grams of complex carbs was sufficient. But wow can you feel it kicking in with a burst of energy! My favorite dose was the morning, because it was 2 pills, 60+ grams of complex carbs, 20+ grams of simple carbs, and 50+ grams of protein (oats, whey and raisins). That got me blazing through my whole morning feeling like a million bucks. Stacked with Pslin pre-workout was even better. Take 2 AB and 1 Pslin, wait 15-20 min, eat 60-80 grams of complex carbs and 50 grams of protein, and go lift 2.5-3 hours later. It is AWESOME.

Now, I just want to touch on a few other things that I noticed about my diet/workout routines:

1. My diet was VERY disciplined, but I did slip up occasionally, especially towards the end. A couple of nights, I ate a few handfuls of chips, or some other similarly horrible stuff that my fiancée was eating. I didn’t have any real cheat meals except one towards the end, so my first instinct was to excuse this, but I just can’t do it. Eating this stuff at night hurts my fat loss, plain and simple. If I wanted to eat a cheat meal, the time to do it was Saturday post-workout, or another day as early in the day as possible. Not at night.

2. My workouts were good and intense, but I did get too lazy about leaving the house on time. I know exactly when I have to leave the gym to get to bjj on time. If I am still at the gym after 8:50, then I am late for bjj. This means that I should have left my house at 6-6:30 to get in 30 minutes of cardio and an hour or more for weights and stretching. Despite knowing this, I was still leaving my house often at 7 or even later. This meant that there were days when I had to shorten cardio, do fewer weight exercises than I wanted to, or miss some bjj practice. Switching to a rest-pause style workout helped make sure that I always got some good lifting in, but I knew that I wanted to lose fat but often wasn’t able to do my full cardio session, or full bjj session. There is no real excuse for this. Even if I was working late or had something to do, it should have waited. I am being pretty hard on myself, but that’s how I have to be.

3. My knee issue kept me from doing many important, strength-building compound lifts and stopped cardio and bjj for a week at least. I had a previous back injury, but I was feeling really good getting back into deadlifts. Then my knee got screwed up. That meant no more deadlifting, no squatting, and for the last few weeks of my log, no heavy leg work at all. I think that definitely had a negative impact on my progress, but the only thing to do about it was to work around the problem and do the best I could.

Conclusion:

I loved this run, and I love Anabeta. It is my favorite supplement hands-down and it makes me feel amazing. I have known people on real steroids who haven’t gotten results like these (although I would be willing to bet they didn’t put this kind of work into their diets and workouts either). It helps users in several different ways and generally makes you feel great as well. Despite the fact that Anabeta seems to be tailor-made to use in a clean bulk, it is incredibly effective for recomp as well, making it a very diverse supplent with a huge range of beneficial effects. Considering the fact that you can get a 1-month supply for the same price (or less) than a 1-month supply of many manufacturer’s insulin mimickers, I consider it to be the best value on the supplement market hands down.

I do have some idea for the future, and I would like to log again with these changes:

1. Try the same basic log, but with Anabeta Elite to see if the added ingredients help accelerate fat-loss (and/or accelerate muscle growth). After reading about the added ingredients, this sounds really exciting.

2. Try Anabeta with the same end-results, but with alternating weeks of 3 or 4 pills ED with a significant calorie deficit for a more hardcore cut, and 6 pills ED with a very clean surplus for a very clean bulk. Doing this, 2 bottles could last 7-8 weeks and I feel like this might produce an overall better result than the way I did this log. It also might not, but that’s why I want to try it.

Well, that’s it for me folks. Now that I filled up 4 pages in Word, that comment at the beginning about keeping it short just looks silly. If anyone actually took the time to read that whole freakin Master’s thesis of a final review, thanks! Also, huge thanks again to Nattydisaster and the whole PES team for the opportunity; you guys are the best! If anyone has any questions/comments/etc. just post them here. I will still check this log. Finally, thanks to everyone who bothered to follow this log. You all gave me the extra motivation that I needed!

Best,
    Tyler
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.14%

Hi Everyone,

I just started an Anabeta Elite log here on AM Tyler's first Anabeta Elite log (sponsored)

Please follow if you can. Thanks so much to all of you for your support on my previous logs!

Best,
    Tyler
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.14%

New log starting on Friday! Anabeta Elite and X-Factor Advanced!

Tyler's gettin' CRAZY! X-Factor Advanced AND Anabeta Elite

Please follow if you can because it's gonna be great!

Best,
    Tyler

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-18-2012, 09:37 PM
  2. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 05-09-2007, 05:10 PM
  3. Confucious's HyperTest Log (sponsored)
    By Confucious in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-23-2007, 06:42 PM
  4. HeavyWe1ght's HyperTEST log (sponsored)
    By heavywe1ght in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-23-2007, 02:04 PM
  5. INKLINED MASS FX LOG (sponsored)
    By inklined in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 01-23-2007, 09:43 PM