Tyler's second Anabeta log (sponsored)

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

1. OK today I am feeling the AB quite a bit. I am feeling more energized and aggressive than before. I am very focused in the gym and the coolest development is that I am not really feeling sore no matter how much I push it. Solution: push it even harder. I am expecting these effects to keep getting stronger for a few more weeks before peaking, so I am excited about that. In the gym tonight, all of my lifts were very good (best on the run so far), and I was feeling restless during set breaks, like I wanted to just start lifting again as soon as I was finished with a set. Glad to report that my rough few days are over and I am now in the zone and loving it! I have to get to sleep so this post stops here!

Best,
    Tyler

2. Quote Originally Posted by tyrub42 View Post
    OK today I am feeling the AB quite a bit. I am feeling more energized and aggressive than before. I am very focused in the gym and the coolest development is that I am not really feeling sore no matter how much I push it. Solution: push it even harder. I am expecting these effects to keep getting stronger for a few more weeks before peaking, so I am excited about that. In the gym tonight, all of my lifts were very good (best on the run so far), and I was feeling restless during set breaks, like I wanted to just start lifting again as soon as I was finished with a set. Glad to report that my rough few days are over and I am now in the zone and loving it! I have to get to sleep so this post stops here!

Best,
    Tyler
    Nce update, glad your back in the zone brutha
    PES REPRESENTATIVE
    pescience.com
    http://pescience.com/insider
    •   

3. Yesterday's workout results are in and I am kicking some serious ass. I ended up leaving the house like an hour late (planning honeymoon...lame reason to miss gym time). I thought about just doing cardio and bjj and saving the workout for today, but then I decided it was really time to test myself, so I did a modified DC style workout with a few seconds between warmup sets and only about 2 minutes break before my real set of each exercise. Because it was a pushing workout, I modified the standard DC protocol. I did flat bench, dumbbell shoulder press, skull crushers, and I though about doing incline bench as well, but I didn't think it would be good to break the DC rules that much, so I added leg presses so I got more than three exercises in. I was a little nervous (I had to get the whole workout done in like 35 minutes), but I killed it! The last time I did flat bench, I managed to put up 205 x 3. This time, I put it up either 5 or 6 times (I got a tiny bit of help at one point in the sixth one, so it doesn't really count), then another 2, then another 1 (rest pause). Even though I didn't do any sets to exhaustion before this set, the increase was still significant! Most importantly, I am at the point in the AB run where I am not just able to put up more weight, the weights themselves just don't feel as heavy as they normally do. It's a weird sensation and very hard to articulate, but 205 just felt more like 185 in my hands. The last time I did dumbbell shoulder press, I had trouble getting 50's up 5 times and I couldn't get 60's up at all. This time, I got 60 x 6, 2, 2 rest pause. Part of this is that I had been slacking on shoulders before the AB run (so I am getting my old strength back), but aside from that, it's just raw strength increase! Skull crushers, my performance was just ok (did it immediately after shoulders and only did one warmup set due to time constraints). I got 115 x 4, 2, 1. Still not bad, but not much of an increase and I could feel that my tris needed a bit more rest and warmup than they got. Leg press went well, but I had never done that machine before, so I cannot compare it to anything.

I was feeling like a monster the whole time, and couldn't wait to get sets in. The two-minute break was hell, haha. I am feeling about the same now as I was feeling at the end of my run at 4 pills/day and I am only like 15 days into this run! My diet has been amazingly disciplined, and as a result my weight is down to 84 kg (about 5 lbs down so far). My arms and legs look bigger and more cut than I can remember. My abs are coming out, but I do still have some fat to lose around my mid-section. I don't think it will be a problem. Unfortunately, I am sick today and haven't been sleeping well, so I think tonight I will have a date with estazolam. aside from that, everything is great and I hope to sleep this off before it becomes a full-blown cold. Wish me luck!

Best,
    Tyler

4. Well, after a week of sleeping like s**t, I finally got a solid 8 hours last night. The bad news: getting the solid 8 hours required the following: 0.5mg clonazopam, 1/2 benedryl tablet (diphenhydramine hcl 12.5mg), 2 powerfull, and 1 chunk of GABA (05.g-1g). I feel great now and I think I am not sick anymore, but needing all of that means that I am definitely getting some insomnia. I will have to consult my last log as I remember having some insomnia on that one too, but I don't remember what cured it (if anything). In the meantime, I have a long weekend coming up (no work until 1PM on Monday), so I will try to catch up on sleep then.

Best,
    Tyler

5. Another great workout today. Here is a quick summary: Increased lifts, decreased body fat, amazing energy level all day, keeping my diet in check.

Now for the details. First of all, I felt an incredible amount of energy today all day. I have had serious insomnia this week, and last night I took the sleep aids listed above and got a full 8 hours. I had no hangover or anything from the sleep aids, and was rip roarin' through the whole day. This is especially awesome, since today is my busiest teaching day (teaching 8 hours from 9AM-6:30PM). Usually I fade pretty hard after lunch, but today I was amusing students with a fast pace and super high energy level throughout every class. I don't think I have felt this good ever. I feel better than I used to feel when I was drinking a ton of coffee and taking a lot of addreall on a daily basis (I am now on zero stimulants except a very small dose of Maximize V2 pre-workout).

My diet has been flawless and I have not cheated on it at all. I am consistently getting 200+ grams of protein (up to 300 depending on how long I am awake and whether or not it is a workout day), cutting off carbs without a problem, and getting an ok amount of fats (I should probably be eating more fats, but my routine now is producing great results, and as a rule, I never go out of my way to consume extra fats as it just seems to be counterproductive). I am actually seeing my physique change almost daily, and it is VERY motivating! I finally finished up my bag of Fitness Pro chocolate and got into the strawberry, and to my horror, it was full of chocolate protein instead of strawberry. I now have to deal with ANOTHER 10lbs of that stuff and I REALLY don't like it. Horrible mixability (the worse I have ever seen) and bad taste (IMO). On a positive note, I found an old MGN jug that actually had a little bit of rocky road in it so I am really happy to have that.

My workout today was great. I had such a blast with the modified DC workout on Wed that I decided to do the same on my pulling day today. I added in some sumo deads at the beginning to round out the routine. Even though I haven't done deads of any kind since the last log back in June, I still pulled 225 x 7 (my grip gave out and I think I could have gotten 8). Chainsaws were even better. The highest dumbbells they have are 100s, so that's what I did. I did 100 x 10, 5, 3 (I think this was the result...total was 18...I should really bring a notebook). They had a really interesting pulldown machine there. It uses standard plates and pivots at one axis point. I was skeptical, since I hadn't heard of the company before and they listed the machine as working chest, shoulders, and tris (unless the highlighted body parts were SUPPOSED to be everything it doesn't work out, that was a huge error), but it felt really good. I did a SUPER WIDE hammer grip (hands perpendicular to body) and felt my lats get worked out very well and in a way that felt distinctly different than any pulldown machine I have tried before. Number aren't important since I hadn't ever done the machine before, but I felt great after the RP set. After that, it was biceps on the cable machine, and then hammer grip dumbbell curls. Both felt great. There were two negatives to the workout: I ended up losing focus a few times due to some text messaging and the workout ran about 10 minutes too long, making me feel as though I lost a bit of steam towards the end, and, more importantly, my knee felt totally shot. I don't know why, but during cardio (also a great session BTW), my left knee started aching quite a bit on the lateral side. I decided to "push through it," which was not a great idea. The sumo deads didn't seem to hurt it more, but it kept aching throughout the whole workout. When I walked up the stairs to make a quick phone call, it hurt a bit (bad sign), and then walking back down REALLY hurt. It didn't impede my workout, but I decided it would be wise to skip bjj. Friday night is my fav session of bjj and I hate it when I have to miss it. I realized during the knee ache that I think I forgot my fish oil this morning. I came home and took 10 pills of fish oil, 400mg ibuprofen, and iced it for about 40 min. I will continue icing it until I go to sleep. I hope it feels good enough to hit up tomorrow morning's bjj session. We will have to wait and see. FYI if anyone is interested, check out taiwanbjj.org. It's my school's site. Great place to train and even better people to train with. Visitors always welcome if anyone ever happens to find themselves in the Taipei area. That's all for now. Sorry for the long read, but hey, I did provide a summary at the top in case anyone didn't feel up to it .

Best,
    Tyler

6. Glad you are enjoying things and pumped to see you have your diet dialed in
    PES REPRESENTATIVE
    pescience.com

7. Thanks dude! Diet is going strong BUT unfortunately my knee still feels like s**t. I am not sure, but I think it is my IT band. I have been foam rolling it and it is incredibly painful, so I am guessing that is what is wrong (hoping for that, too, since that would be much better than a meniscus issue or arthritis). I will continue foam rolling, but it seems like I will be skipping my cardio tomorrow. Hopefully it feels better soon.

Best,
    Tyler

8. First bottle FINISHED. Halfway point. I can see my abs again! Looking huge and cut (comparatively, haha). I am able to drop fat and gain muscle at the same time and I have a TON of energy all day. On the downside, my knee is still f**ked. No cardio today and (*sigh*) no live BJJ rolling (if I can be smart enough to avoid it). Still feeling like a monster so I am gonna go find some heavy weights and make them my b**ch! Update coming later!

Best,
    Tyler

9. OK I am back from my workout. It was definitely not bad, but it was not my best performance. First of all, I couldn't do proper cardio, so I did 30 minutes on an ...arm bike (I don't know what it's called...it looks like bike peddles but you use your arms). That may have hurt my performance, since I was using high resistance. Then I had to do all barbell stuff, because I didn't want to irritate my knee by carrying lots of dumbbells. On flat bench, I felt pretty good, but I went up too high. I got 205 up less than 12 reps rest pause last time, but I still tried to go up to 225. I was only able to get 1 rep before I needed spotting and couldn't even get one after the first pause, so I went down to 205 to finish the set. I then did a set at 185 since I didn't feel that I had worked my chest too much. My gym doesn't have a proper incline bar bench, so I did incline press and military press on a smith machine. I did well I guess, but it's hard to gauge since it was a smith. Either way, I did get a good workout in. I finished with tri extensions, dynamic stretches, and then worked my abs/core at bjj practice. I rolled my hips/IT band there and started feeling much better. I was talking to a friend there, who said he he also had a serious knee issue recently, and it turned out his hips were out of alignment and the pain was being referred to his knee. I am lucky enough to have several physical therapists at my club. A giant Taiwanese dude with CRAZY wrestling/Judo throws (literally the craziest stuff I have ever seen), named Hannibal, took a look at me and said that one hip is higher than the other, and having knee pain from that is expected. He did some super painful manipulations and trigger point work and straightened them out for me. He will take another look on Wednesday night, but I am feeling much better after that and the foam rolling. I hope the knee pain is gone and I can get back to regular cardio and rolling on Wednesday.

Weight is holding steady at 84, but I am still looking more muscular and thinner than I have ever looked at 84KG. So far, so good.

Best,
    Tyler

Edit: 84 is my weight in kilograms, which is about 185 pounds.

10. Log is looking good man
    PES - PM me anytime for any questions
    "Like" us on Facebook
    Subscribe to the PES Newsletter for all Specials and Announcements
    •   

11. Hey guys,

My knee is still not feeling great. I feel like I might have been able to do cardio/bjj today but I didn't want to risk irritating it, so I will give myself until Friday. In other words, I haven't rolled in a week and I am getting pretty bummed about it...

Anyway, I did a pulling day today. I did rest-pause sets and dynamic stretches, but the workout I did was pretty different than a standard DC day. I did bent-over rows, chainsaws, super side grip pull-downs, A machine that is basically a rowing movement (one set, not rest-paused), preacher curls, and reverse-grip cable curls. I didn't perform very well on my first bent-over row pulse, and I could feel that my grip gave out for some reason (205 pounds, so normally no problem handling that). I modified it to an over-under grip for the second and third pulse and ended up getting a total of 2-4-3 reps for a very strange set. I am happy I modified my grip so that I still felt that my back was thoroughly exhausted by the end. I didn't let myself get too down about the weak grip, and moved right on to chainsaws. I did 100 lb dumbbells at 8-4-4, and felt great, even though it was right after rows. Pull downs were awesome. My numbers on super wide-grip were the same as what I normally get doing normal grip pull downs. I normally could only get 18 plates up 1 or 2 times doing super wide grip, but I got it up x 6-3-3 today with no problem. Preacher and reverse curls were also feeling really good and I had a killer forearm pump by the time I left. I also did some ab/core work as well, since I haven't been doing bjj. I did some planking and some l-seat pull-ups (those are KILLER) and really felt great at the end of the workout. I am still really upset about my knee, but I am going strong despite that. Weight is stable at 84KG and diet is still very good (although I had about 100 calories of junk yesterday and today...not bad but every little bit counts).

Best,
    Tyler

12. OK I will try to keep this update short.

-knee is feeling better
    -did 20 min of cardio and light bjj tonight and it still feels good, so will go harder next time
    -Weights were really good today
    -Dumbbell bench 80 lbs at 5-1-2
    -incline bench (using squat erack) 185 lbs x 6-3-2
    -shoulder press 60 lbs x 5-0-2
    -skull crushers 115 x ...can't remember to be honest, but it was more than usual
    -finished with upright rows 115 x 7 or 8

-Weight is still around 84 (185). Hoping it comes down a bit more now that I can start cardio again. Will wait another few days at least before working legs again.

-Still looking leaner, fuller, more vascular than almost ever. I have about 2 more weeks left.

-This log seems to have slowed down lately, but I will keep posting every workout and any other time something significant happens.

Best,
    Tyler

13. Went to the gym today for some cardio and deads since my knee was feeling really good. Cardio was great. No knee pain. Deads were going fine on lighter sets. 135 and 185 with no problems. 225 felt great at first, but on my second rep I felt something crunch on the lateral side of my knee. It was pretty scary. I stopped immediately. I haven't felt any pain since then, and I am hoping that I don't suffer any serious repercussions for putting my knee back into heavy use too early. I will hold off on any leg presses or deadlifts for at least another week I guess. Still felt like I got a decent workout, but it was a scary ending and I wasn't able to get through what I wanted to do. I was planning on going up to 275 and then dropping down to 225 for a few sets of sumo deads. Oh well, hopefully I feel fine tomorrow. Weight was down a bit but it was earlier than I usually weigh myself so that's not really applicable. Feel great aside from the knee.

Best,
    Tyler

14. Damn man, logs looking good except for that knee business! You gotta take it easy. Once you get back into it stay away from leg extensions, back squat, and heavy leg press. My knee flares up ALL the time, and if i focus primarily on front squat i can still hit legs and allow my knee to stay in decent shape.
    PES - PM me anytime for any questions
    "Like" us on Facebook
    Subscribe to the PES Newsletter for all Specials and Announcements

15. Quote Originally Posted by kevinhy View Post
    Damn man, logs looking good except for that knee business! You gotta take it easy. Once you get back into it stay away from leg extensions, back squat, and heavy leg press. My knee flares up ALL the time, and if i focus primarily on front squat i can still hit legs and allow my knee to stay in decent shape.

Thanks for the advice dude! It sucks having to watch my knees but between lifting, rolling, and the fact that I already had to have my meniscus shaved down on one side, it is always something I gotta keep in mind while lifting. It is feeling great now, so I just have to resist the urge to go back to deads.

16. OK I have to be honest, until yesterday I was feeling great, but was starting to wonder if 6 pills and this strict diet were really paying dividends compared to 4 pills and my moderately strict diet from my last log. I was down to about 83.5 kilos, and was looking much fuller and leaner, but wasn't sure if I was really any bigger than I was on the last log.

...then I went to put on my rashguard for no-gi bjj yesterday after I finished lifting. It isn't a real, stretchy rashguard. It is a spare that my mom gave me that always fit well, but didn't have enough stretch for me to get off very comfortably. My other rashguard was dirty because I used it for snorkeling on Sunday, so I took it. When I tried to put it on, I realized how much bigger I have gotten since I started this log. I could barely get this thing on! It literally took like a minute of straining to get it on before I could leave! So basically, I am bigger now than I was on my last log, I am looking much leaner than before the log started, and I still have almost 2 weeks to go (now about 1.5 weeks)!

My workout yesterday was AWESOME! I wrote down my lifts so that I could keep track. The only thing that I am having trouble with is my grip strength on bent-over rows. Not sure why, but I have had to start using alternating grip on my second and third round of rest-pausing. My numbers are still good, though:

Cardio: eliptical (always), 30 minutes. Felt MUCH more intense than normal, and pushed it more than I usually can without feeling fatigued.
    Bent-over row: 225 x 2-2-2
    Super wide, perpendicular grip plate-loaded pull-downs: 200 x 6-3-3
    Chainsaws: 100 x 10-4-4 (personal best BY FAR)
    L-seated pull-ups: 3 sets. 5 (super wide), 6 (normal), 6 (normal)
    Cable curls: 12 plates x 7-4-3
    Hammer curls: 35lb dumbbells x 5-3-2

I have never felt as intensely worked out as I felt on my chainsaw sets. When I finished, I stood up and got pretty lightheaded and weak-legged and had to sit down for a couple of seconds because of how much I pushed it. It was awesome. I would have been worried, but I have had feelings like that before on super heavy sets where I went all-out and I hear that it's pretty normal (something about rapid change in blood pressure maybe?). I also ate a Pslin 2 hours before workout and holy s**t I love the synergy between these two compounds. I FINALLY managed to make myself feel a little sore today (after a workout that would have normally killed me), and I am still only slightly sore in that good way that lets you know you hit your sweet spot with the previous workout. When AB is in the picture, "not overdoing it" involved balls-to-the-wall cardio, rest pause sets, and an hour of grappling. I love it!

Another thing I really have to state is the increased energy I have throughout the day with AB. I got 5 hours of sleep last night and I don't drink coffee ever (just a Green Superfood shake in the morning). I thought I was done for but I managed to teach 6 full hours today + finish all of the work that I had to do. My teaching style is VERY high energy, so if I am tired, I usually really suffer at work. Today there was none of it! I came home, worked a bit more, cleaned, went to costco, cooked, and I am now getting ready for bed. My brain still feels fried from the sleep deprivation, but my body feels great! OK I gotta go. Will post after my next workout tomorrow!

Best,
    Tyler

17. Quote Originally Posted by tyrub42 View Post
    OK I have to be honest, until yesterday I was feeling great, but was starting to wonder if 6 pills and this strict diet were really paying dividends compared to 4 pills and my moderately strict diet from my last log. I was down to about 83.5 kilos, and was looking much fuller and leaner, but wasn't sure if I was really any bigger than I was on the last log.

...then I went to put on my rashguard for no-gi bjj yesterday after I finished lifting. It isn't a real, stretchy rashguard. It is a spare that my mom gave me that always fit well, but didn't have enough stretch for me to get off very comfortably. My other rashguard was dirty because I used it for snorkeling on Sunday, so I took it. When I tried to put it on, I realized how much bigger I have gotten since I started this log. I could barely get this thing on! It literally took like a minute of straining to get it on before I could leave! So basically, I am bigger now than I was on my last log, I am looking much leaner than before the log started, and I still have almost 2 weeks to go (now about 1.5 weeks)!

My workout yesterday was AWESOME! I wrote down my lifts so that I could keep track. The only thing that I am having trouble with is my grip strength on bent-over rows. Not sure why, but I have had to start using alternating grip on my second and third round of rest-pausing. My numbers are still good, though:

Cardio: eliptical (always), 30 minutes. Felt MUCH more intense than normal, and pushed it more than I usually can without feeling fatigued.
    Bent-over row: 225 x 2-2-2
    Super wide, perpendicular grip plate-loaded pull-downs: 200 x 6-3-3
    Chainsaws: 100 x 10-4-4 (personal best BY FAR)
    L-seated pull-ups: 3 sets. 5 (super wide), 6 (normal), 6 (normal)
    Cable curls: 12 plates x 7-4-3
    Hammer curls: 35lb dumbbells x 5-3-2

I have never felt as intensely worked out as I felt on my chainsaw sets. When I finished, I stood up and got pretty lightheaded and weak-legged and had to sit down for a couple of seconds because of how much I pushed it. It was awesome. I would have been worried, but I have had feelings like that before on super heavy sets where I went all-out and I hear that it's pretty normal (something about rapid change in blood pressure maybe?). I also ate a Pslin 2 hours before workout and holy s**t I love the synergy between these two compounds. I FINALLY managed to make myself feel a little sore today (after a workout that would have normally killed me), and I am still only slightly sore in that good way that lets you know you hit your sweet spot with the previous workout. When AB is in the picture, "not overdoing it" involved balls-to-the-wall cardio, rest pause sets, and an hour of grappling. I love it!

Another thing I really have to state is the increased energy I have throughout the day with AB. I got 5 hours of sleep last night and I don't drink coffee ever (just a Green Superfood shake in the morning). I thought I was done for but I managed to teach 6 full hours today + finish all of the work that I had to do. My teaching style is VERY high energy, so if I am tired, I usually really suffer at work. Today there was none of it! I came home, worked a bit more, cleaned, went to costco, cooked, and I am now getting ready for bed. My brain still feels fried from the sleep deprivation, but my body feels great! OK I gotta go. Will post after my next workout tomorrow!

Best,
    Tyler
    Awesome update with lots of detail. Glad you are enjoying your run with AB. Keep it up!
    PES REPRESENTATIVE
    pescience.com

18. Sorry it has been a few days. I have had two workouts so I want to do them as two separate posts. This is about Wednesday's pushing workout. Everything felt AWESOME. I am still feeling great, with a TON of energy all day long. Still trying to work out some insomnia, but besides that, everything is great. Here are the stats from that workout:

Dumbbell flat bench (neutral grip): 80lb dumbbells x 8-1-2 (HUGE improvement...I don't remember ever putting 80s up 8 times before)
    Incline barbell bench: 185 x 7-3-2
    Dumbbell shoulder press: 60lb dumbbells x 5-2-1 (or 2...forgot to write it down for a few minutes and forgot)
    Skull crushers: 105 (I think...45lb plates plus the bar which I think is 15lbs but correct me if that's wrong) x 5-1-1
    Upright row (not a pushing exercise but I put it on this day since it's a shoulder exercise and it goes so well with skull crushers): 105 x 8-4-4

Weight is holding steady at 83 kilograms. Looking really lean and full. Diet is going well at this point (last Wednesday).

Best,
    Tyler

19. Between Thursday and today, I have still been feeling great with LOADS of energy. My diet has still been pretty much the same, but I have been doing more random snacking on stuff my fiancee is eating, which is really not good. I have not eaten any real cheat meals since starting this log, so normally having a few of her potato chips, or a bite of her hamburger wouldn't be a bad thing. The problem is that most of this has been in the late evening, and some has even been in the hour or so before sleep. I put on fat really easily when I eat anything loaded with carbs/fats at that time, so I need to make sure I cool it with that. I only have three more workouts on this log, so I will tighten everything back up for this next week. Anyway, today's workout was awesome. I went really hard on myself at the gym. I didn't have time for my pulling workout yesterday, so I delayed until today. Here are my stats:

Weight is steady at 83KG. It was actually under 83 on Wednesday, but it was 83 today, so we will see what next week brings.

Bent-over rows: 205 x 3-3-2, 225 x 1 (felt like trying it after the "real" set at 205 was finished)
    Barbell shrugs: 225 x 12 (I feel that my barbell grip has gotten weaker, so I wanted to do some of these)
    Chainsaws: 100lb dumbbell x 11-6-4 (new personal record...since breaking my previous personal record...last Monday...God I love Anabeta)
    Super-wide grip pulldowns: 200 x 3-1-1 (took another few breaths and then did 180 x 3 since I didn't feel like I hit my lats enough...I should have kept it to 190)
    Seated rowing machine (not a cable row...it's not great, but wanted to get a few extra exercises in since I wasn't going to bjj after today's workout): 200 (20 plates) x 15-7-6
    L-seat pull ups: Super-wide grip x 3, wide-grip x 4, regular grip x 8, regular grip again x 8
    Preacher curl: 75 (assuming the bar is 15 lbs) x 6-3-2
    Hammer-grip barbell curl: 65 x 6-3-4

Next workout is on Monday night. Hoping for some great numbers on the bench!

Best,
    Tyler

20. Monday night pushing workout. It was very disappointing to be honest. I didn't even think about why I was not putting up the right numbers until I remembered that I went snorkeling yesterday for a few hours, and was using mostly my arms. Last night my shoulders felt really worn out (not too sore, just fatigued), especially the right one (have a previous injury from a few years back). On top of that, I slept like s**t last night, so that probably didn't help. Anyway, here are my numbers:

Barbell bench press: tried 225 and couldn't even get one (I think I normally would have gotten at least two), then 205 x 3-1-1
    Incline dumbbell press: 75 x 6-0-0 (I think I need to take longer rest-pause breaks with dumbbells since I expel so much energy picking the weights back up, resetting them on my legs, and getting into proper position)
    Dumbbell shoulder press: 60 x 2-(downgraded to 55 but continued R.P. set)-1-1
    Skull crushers: 95 x 6-2-2
    Upright row: 95 x 7-5-4

Not that these are bad numbers, but I went down instead of up so I felt really discouraged, even if there was a good reason for it. Hopefully, my last two logged workouts will be my best two yet.

Best,
    Tyler

21. Hi Guys,

Had a really kick-ass workout today. This is probably my last pulling workout on this log (might have enough AB left for one more, but we will see), so I made sure to go balls-to-the-wall as much as possible. Had really good results. I will post my numbers below, but more importantly is that I felt completely drained after every lift, letting me know that I put 100% into it. Since the AB is revving me up so much, I was always rip roarin' ready to go with my warm-up sets for my next lift almost immediately.

Bent-over row: 205 x 6-4-3 (I think this is the best I have ever done, but not sure), then 2 minute break and 225 x 2
    Super-wide grip plate-loaded hammer grip pull downs (longest. exercise name. ever.): 240 x 4-2-2, then finished with 210 x 6 for good measure...only thing that held me back was trying to anchor myself into the machine since I weigh much less than I was lifting but the fact that I had that problem is awesome haha!
    Chainsaws: 100 x 11-7-5 (personal best ever...from last personal best ever last Friday...this stuff is awesome!)
    Cable curls: 14 plates x 5-2-2 (Definitely the most I ever got on that as well)
    Reverse-grip cable curl: 9 plates x 8-4-3
    Wide-grip L-seat pullups: 1 set of 6, 1 set of 5

Cardio was great as it has been consistently on this run. Bjj was also awesome, although there were A LOT of people there tonight so that was a little frustrating, but it's still good to see so many people out training.

I have gained some really valuable perspective on using AB that I will put in my final summary/review. I have some really interesting ideas for next time.

Weight is officially down to 82 Kilograms from 86 (weighed 81.7 yesterday at 6, and 82.1 today at 7 fully hydrated), and I gained what looks like 2-7 pounds of muscle (sorry I can't be more specific...I just know my whole upper body is bigger but have no accurate way to gauge real muscle gains...if I had to guess I would say 4-5 pounds while losing 9 pounds of body weight!).

Possible my last logged workout on Friday, so stay tuned (4 days of pills left)!

Best,
    Tyler

22. Took my before/after pics yesterday (today and tomorrow are both workout days, and I wanted to take the after pics unpumped to be fair). Much more dramatic change than I thought. Will post those as soon as possible. Tonight I get to loosen up my diet again. A beer or two, and a Vietnamese sandwich will be my post-workout meal. I might even polish it off with an oatmeal brownie cookie (made 'em last night)! Will update on my workout later!

Best,
    Tyler

23. Hey guys,

Tonight was AWESOME. I put up some more personal bests and really surprised myself. I will let the numbers speak for themselves:

-Dumbbell neutral grip bench press: 85 x 5-3-2, then rested for 2 min and put up 90 x 1 (think I could have gotten 2 but wanted to try 95...I couldn't do it). I have NEVER put up 90s before in 10 years of lifting. At the beginning of this log, I don't think I could even get 80s up more than once on a good day.

Incline barbell bench: 195 x 5-2-2. I don't remember if I ever put up this weight before, but I think I have since I did go through the college "all the matters is bench" phase, haha. I don't think I ever got that up 5 times before, and certainly never that kind of rest-pause number...after already killing my chest with dumbbells.

Dumbbell military press: 60 x 4-1-1. I have done better than this before, but now that I do shoulders after two shoulder-intensive exercises, I think that these number are pretty good. I also really felt like I had worked my chest and shoulders to the max at this point.

Skull crushers: 105 x 10-4-3. I think the most I ever put up 105 before this log was 4-6 reps from my last AB log. I usually can't even get 1 rep at 105. Now I get 10 and two more solid RP numbers. Outstanding!

My weight was under 82 KG even though I ate a lot today (Halloween parties with all my classes), drank plenty of water, and didn't get to the gym until 10PM. Great results on this run! No BJJ tonight since I had to chose that or lifting and I chose lifting. Cardio was short (15 min), so I did it at a faster pace than normal. I am still feeling great all day with more energy and focus. I am going to get another lat day in tomorrow since I am quickly getting to the end of this log, and I think I can handle another hard lift tomorrow. That's it for tonight, folks!

Best,
    Tyler

24. Nice job on the PR's Tyler, I haven't posted a lot but I am following
    PES REPRESENTATIVE
    pescience.com

25. Quote Originally Posted by BPjohn123 View Post
    Nice job on the PR's Tyler, I haven't posted a lot but I am following
    Thanks man, yeah this log has not gotten as many replies as the last one, but I hope you are all still out there following. I think this will get a bit more attention once I post the before/after pics. Of course I will need some help on that one again unless I figure out how to actually do it this time. I am still in shock that I put up 90lb dumbbells for the first time ever and did it after killing my chest with an epic rest-pause PR set. The craziest part is that I don't even feel overly sore today. I will be doing chest again on Monday just to see how well the AB is boosting my recovery. So far it is unbelievable!

26. OK just did back...more PRs, more amazing numbers, it's almost not even exciting anymore haha.

Bent-over row: 205 x 6-3-2 (PR), then 1 min rest and 225 x 1, then 2 min rest and 245 x 1 (PR, although it wasn't the cleanest form of my life)
    Super-wide grip pulldowns: 19 plates (190 pounds I guess) x 7-3-2 (I believe this is a PR, but I don't keep track of this lift that well), then another 30 second RP break, then 18 plates x 3, then another 30 second break, then 16 plates x 6
    Chainsaws: 100 x 12-7-5 (PR...again)
    L-seat wide grip pullups: 3 sets and 5, 6, and 5 reps
    Preacher curls: 95 x 5-3-1
    Hammer-grip barbell curls: 85 x 4-2-2

I have to get to a halloween party so that's all for now!

Best,
    Tyler

27. Well, that's the end of my Anabeta . It has been a great experience. Tonight, I tried to get a 1 rep max for a few exercises to see how much progress I have made. Unbelievable. Dumbbell flat bench I got 95lb dumbbells up. The highest I have ever gotten up before this log was 85 x 1. At the beginning of this log, I could only get 80lbs up x 1. Now I am getting 95s!

I then tried incline barbell bench. I managed to get 215 x 1. Again, a personal record by far, even though I don't focus on chest much these days (and I used to be obsessed with benching when I was in college). I felt like I could have gotten 225 up, and I tried to do it, but I came down a little too far and was unable to get it without some help. I feel like I definitely could have done it if it was my first exercise, but oh well, 215 is still way better than I thought I would ever get on that exercise!

I will post before/after pics and a detailed report in the next few days, so stay tuned! Thanks again to everyone at PES!

Best,
    Tyler

28. Quote Originally Posted by tyrub42
    Well, that's the end of my Anabeta . It has been a great experience. Tonight, I tried to get a 1 rep max for a few exercises to see how much progress I have made. Unbelievable. Dumbbell flat bench I got 95lb dumbbells up. The highest I have ever gotten up before this log was 85 x 1. At the beginning of this log, I could only get 80lbs up x 1. Now I am getting 95s!

I then tried incline barbell bench. I managed to get 215 x 1. Again, a personal record by far, even though I don't focus on chest much these days (and I used to be obsessed with benching when I was in college). I felt like I could have gotten 225 up, and I tried to do it, but I came down a little too far and was unable to get it without some help. I feel like I definitely could have done it if it was my first exercise, but oh well, 215 is still way better than I thought I would ever get on that exercise!

I will post before/after pics and a detailed report in the next few days, so stay tuned! Thanks again to everyone at PES!

Best,
    Tyler
    Great job Tyler on the progress and detailed log. Seems Anabeta is definitely a good product for you based on setting new PR's left and right. Appreciate you logging and sharing
    PES REPRESENTATIVE
    pescience.com

29. Well, the PR's are still coming! I had the day off today, so I woke up to do some fasted cardio. I finished that, and then decided to see what I could do with a few more exercises.

-I hit 265 on Bent-over rows! The most I ever put up before this log was 225, and at the beginning of this log, I don't think I could get more than 205 x 1. That is an increase of 40-60 pounds!
    -I did 100 x 15 on Chainsaws! That is a huge increase from my old PR from my last AB log! I wish they had heavier dumbbells at my gym; I feel like I could have gotten at least 120 if not more.
    -Preacher curls I got 105 x 1. I am pretty sure that I haven't done that before, but I am not positive. If I did, it was years ago.

I will try to get my before/after pics up as soon as possible, as well as a final review. Thanks, guys!

Best,
    Tyler

30. Can wait for final review, thanks bro
    PES REPRESENTATIVE
    pescience.com

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-18-2012, 09:37 PM
  2. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 05-09-2007, 05:10 PM
  3. Confucious's HyperTest Log (sponsored)
    By Confucious in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-23-2007, 06:42 PM
  4. HeavyWe1ght's HyperTEST log (sponsored)
    By heavywe1ght in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-23-2007, 02:04 PM
  5. INKLINED MASS FX LOG (sponsored)
    By inklined in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 01-23-2007, 09:43 PM