Physique abs, maybe? Recomp & PP DermaTherm target

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
On a Recomp for the next 6-8 weeks. Had trouble with dialing my abs in, in contest prep. Going to use a bottle of this PP Derma Therm Target and see how it stacks up.

In the past I've used other topical creams/gels liquids with success, LipoBurn & 7-Keto based.

I'm at work and will post outline when I get home.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Weights/Cardio

DC training: Mon/Wed/Fri
Afternoons Cardio: Tue/Thur 30-45min
Fasted Cardio: Sat/Sun 45-60min

I'm following a keto based diet. Currently I'm getting Into ketosis state. I will refeed next Friday evening (9/28) from 5-7 and them my entire feeding window on Saturday.

I'm following IF principles, trying to see what this is all cracked up to be. After my first carb up, I'll be consuming ~50gr carbs from WMS/Sweedish oat starch (true protein MG powdered muscle)

Macros
sun/tue/thur: 180/<30/200
Mon/Wed/Fri: 205/50/200
Saturday: 180/500/<100

Protein and diet are subject to change. I won't change from a keto for recomp, it will just be a bump of protein and leaving IF with a slight increase in cardio. I know this diet plan will work, I'm trying to IMPROVE upon it with the IF principles.

Supplements are pretty basic, I'm logging USPLabs jack3d micro right now (which is great) Glutamine, Creatine and 1/4t yellow gold pre-workout (30min b4 my intra shake)

Any other questions feel free to ask. I'll update 3-4days a week applying to my abs only. If there's a little extra I'll go with my chest but this is focused on getting a "men's physique" waist ;-)

Will also update with pictures.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In for the topical goodness!

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hey distilled,

Did you do BB'ing then decided to switch over to physique?

-Matt

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Got it! I'll make first application in the morning, along with a relaxed abs pic.

There's a lot of lotion in there. I'll do 2 pumps/day, 1 on abs, other on obliques/lower back.

Matt, this bad boy looks like it'll last closer to 8-10 weeks ehh? I'll have to extend my recomp, which I ain't mad at. So long as DermaTherm delivers ;-)

Drizzie88

Drizzie88

Awards
  • Established
I'm in. Interested to see how well this works.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've changed the using of yellow gold to SPP Slin-tensity. It was on sale at NP and Matt has solid products so I'm giving it a run.

You guys want a nice wake up, accidentally get some of this stuff on your nipples! Wow, that was an experience.

Excited to see how my abs will look after my carb up 2maro and 1 week of DermaTherm.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I woke up late and didn't have time to take a shower before I went in to work today (overtime) I just washed my abs with a wash rag real quick and put on 2 pumps. I think that made the burning more intense!

I was working like a mad man today, started sweating then took a ride to the store for a short break I almost couldn't make it, my back was on fire (it was 102 here today) I love the burn!!!! My skin isn't cold to the touch, which means good circulation, which means mobilizing fat for fuel in that area.

At least in theory that's what it would imply.

To those following, what would you guys like me to post updates about that I'm not? It's a topical product so it's a little tougher than others. I do plan on measurements and pictures every Monday (the X-week mark).

sugardaddy69

sugardaddy69

Awards
I would not use the stomach quads seems to be less painful and more comfortable imho and I do not think it has a targeted approach :)

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
im in buddy

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Sounds like you a very busy and burning a ton of calories.....this stuff should shine through during caloric restriction.

What is your nutritional approach here?

-Matt

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds like you a very busy and burning a ton of calories.....this stuff should shine through during caloric restriction.

What is your nutritional approach here?

-Matt
Carb cycling. I eat at maintenance on training days with only pre/intra carbs, below maintenance sun/tue/thur & a surplus of about 500cals on my carb up day, which is Saturday.

Fats come mainly from eggs, red meat, olive oil, nuts & olive oil mayo.

Carb ups are mainly buckwheat pancakes w/ maple syrup, sweet potato's, brown rice pasta, oatmeal & granola. I'll have a cheat meal which is usually Pepsi and some pizza at the end of the evening.

But, for example; last night I was slightly under maintenance and it was a training day. I wasn't hungry, so I didn't eat my last meal n

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Lets get crazy man~!

gimme a sample of your carb grams on each of your days?

-Matt

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lets get crazy man~!

gimme a sample of your carb grams on each of your days?

-Matt
Mon/ Wed/Fri: 50-75gr pre/intra workout
Sun/Tue/Thur: trace from 1/4c nuts, 3/4c cheese & broccoli & spinach
Saturday: 500gr from buckwheat, brown rice pasta, sweet potatos, granola, maple syrup
-topping the tank off with pizza & Pepsi :-D

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great workout, über vascular solid pump. Used Karbolyn intra today, a little different.

BB Curl
80x17RP

DB Hammer curls
40x18SS

Leg Press Calf Raise
225x12DC

Lying Leg Curls
115x23RP

ATG squats (heels on 10lbs plate)
185x8
135x20

Karbolyn tastes awesome! Had strawberry flavor. It was weird feeling though, had good vascularity & solid recovery within the 10-15sec "rest" period. But, my stomach felt bloated. Here's the kicker, it was but my abs were "full". As in my abs were more pronounced but pushed out like I was bloated. There wasnt water there?

sugardaddy69

sugardaddy69

Awards
do hiit hill climbers or burpees if time is short

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
do hiit hill climbers or burpees if time is short
Good lord, burpees lol.

It burns but not uncomfortable.

I'm going to add in fasted cardio, it wakes me up and I don't feel worthless in the morning. Only going to I prove body comp, just a little curious about application and having it be dry. Just let it be and add some more after cardio (after my shower)

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Following bud
Good to have ya!

I also want to note, I cut out lactose this week. I was eating a lot of cheese, this may be adding to my waist not really budging in measurement.

I don't have any shakes either (protein) or gluten. I feel great so far, hope I can keep my carb up also, lactose & gluten free!

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
DW,'

Apply the DermaTherm before bed --- as long as your room is cool it should not heat up and disrupt you. In fact, this is the way I personally use it and it just makes sense to me,

While sleeping your heart rate is a oxidating/fat burning pace --- the gel will penetrate and liberate while sleeping and by the time you wake up for fasted cardio --- you are in an ideal situation to use fat as your primary energy substrate.

-Matt

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DW,'

Apply the DermaTherm before bed --- as long as your room is cool it should not heat up and disrupt you. In fact, this is the way I personally use it and it just makes sense to me,

While sleeping your heart rate is a oxidating/fat burning pace --- the gel will penetrate and liberate while sleeping and by the time you wake up for fasted cardio --- you are in an ideal situation to use fat as your primary energy substrate.

-Matt
Thanks Matt, I did that Saturday night. Just didn't do cardio sun morning. Tigers were on!!!!

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DW,'

-Matt
Certainly makes sense

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Keep trucking man....

I think by week 4 there should be a nice progression....also harder to see actual results while its in use due to Yohimbine HCLs temporary water retentive effects...

-Matt

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Moooore cardio this morning, I enjoy am cardio now. During prep, I hated it. Wtf?!?!? Lol
Probably because your less restricted and have less pressure....

Knowing you DONT have to be onstage in xx amount of time makes things more enjoyable

-Matt

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Probably because your less restricted and have less pressure....

Knowing you DONT have to be onstage in xx amount of time makes things more enjoyable

-Matt
That's very true. I'm hoping if I make it a routine, it will just become 2nd nature so during prep it'll be a breeze.

Didn't do any cardio today though, it was leg day. About to wrap up my third week, maybe something going on here, we shall know on Tuesday!

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
30min LISS cardio today, feeling good jut bloated from my carb up yesterday. When with a bit of a dirty load & won't be doing that again i was in a coma yesterday and feel puffy today.
You ever try AnaBeta? I've used it now several times during carb up or when eating dirty and notice no bloat and more muscle fullness the next day

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You ever try AnaBeta? I've used it now several times during carb up or when eating dirty and notice no bloat and more muscle fullness the next day
Nope, but it's on my radar though. Feedback looks promising.

You only use it during those times or you're running the product already and it works out that way?

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nope, but it's on my radar though. Feedback looks promising.

You only use it during those times or you're running the product already and it works out that way?
I'll cycle it for 8 weeks or more and also use it as needed on pig out sessions. I really do find it beneficial

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
30min LISS cardio today, feeling good jut bloated from my carb up yesterday. When with a bit of a dirty load & won't be doing that again i was in a coma yesterday and feel puffy today.

What are your carb ups looking like?

-Matt

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What are your carb ups looking like?

-Matt
Usually they go like follows....

Meal 1:
1/2 cup buckwheat flour (made into pancakes)
~1/8 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup steel cut oats
1t brown sugar
1tbs honey

Meal 2:
1 cup granola in soy/almond milk
1tbs honey

Meal 3&4
10oz sweet potato
1tbs honey

Meal 5:
2 cup brown rice pasta
1 cup marinara sauce

Meal 6: (cheat meal)
1/2 pizza
20oz Pepsi
1/2 bag bread sticks

Protein sources are either egg whites, whey or chicken that accompany each meal.

This last weekend it was cake, cereal, donuts, pizza. Ugh, never again....

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
I just had a week.long "carb up" back on track today. Really effects your performance or it does for me anyway

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Usually they go like follows....

Meal 1:
1/2 cup buckwheat flour (made into pancakes)
~1/8 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup steel cut oats
1t brown sugar
1tbs honey

Meal 2:
1 cup granola in soy/almond milk
1tbs honey

Meal 3&4
10oz sweet potato
1tbs honey

Meal 5:
2 cup brown rice pasta
1 cup marinara sauce

Meal 6: (cheat meal)
1/2 pizza
20oz Pepsi
1/2 bag bread sticks

Protein sources are either egg whites, whey or chicken that accompany each meal.

This last weekend it was cake, cereal, donuts, pizza. Ugh, never again....
How low calorie and restricted are you before this refeed/carbup?

I may offer some advice if you answer these questions. Just trying to help.

-matt