Bruce the Destroyer - Massularia - NO other booster!

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
Name: Bruce the Destroyer
Starting Date: 9/15/2012.
Length: 6 weeks.
Goal: To be strong. To be healthy. To be a beast.
Supplements that will be taken on this log:
Fish Oil (2g EPA, 1g DHA)
Creatine
Green Coffee Bean Extract/Matcha
BCAA/Protein Powder
Multi- Orange Triad
Super Cissus
Massularia (@4g a day after 2g first week)

Why the increased dose? Body weight, my body weight per the amounts they were talking about in the studies, that bumps up my dose to 4g a day to reach the same amount as in the rat studies.

I've done some logs in the past, my last one was a failure. I learned from that log that I need to be logging for myself and not other people. This log is to keep me accountable, if you want to join and see the results welcome! Feel free to ask questions and I'll do what I can to answer them.

Background:
I used to weight 400lbs (As of August 1st, 2011), I'm since then lost over 140lbs (In the 240's now!). I used to be an AI Sports Rep but life kept me a bit busy and just didn't allow me to keep up with my rep position. I've heard a lot of good talk about Massularia, I've also been asked about it quite a bit. The thing is I never liked to recommend a product I've never tried. I got my hands on a bottle of it and decided I had better give it a shot and see if this is something to recommend to people. I will say that I know two people that have tried the product and talked it up greatly. This has gave me high hopes for this product.

I usually take DAA and a couple other supplements when I do testboosters, this time I really want to see how Massularia stands on its own. That is why you'll notice my supplements consists of staples and then Massularia. This will allow me to fully gauge how well Massularia works.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First, as it should be.

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
massularia.jpg

Got it in the mail today. Will start first dose tonight.

About Massularia Acuminata:

Massularia Acuminata is a shrub that is widely grown in Western Africa. It has been used for thousands of years as an aphrodisiac as well as an antimicrobial.

Recently, in 2008, a good amount of time and research went into determining what Massularia Acuminata does. Studies have revealed that the phytochemical constituents of Massularia Acuminata, i.e. the alkaloids, saponins, and polyphenolics, do indeed raise testosterone levels in a dose dependent manner. In the highest dose range, it was shown to boost testosterone by approximately 60%, with a corresponding increase in Luteinizing hormone of approximately 66%.

Given the dose dependent rise in testosterone levels, you may have experienced less than stellar results with other products. Some are woefully under dosed, and with some products, you have no idea how much Massularia Acuminata you are actually getting. With AI Sports Massularia Acuminata, you know how much you are getting, and know it is one of the highest most effective doses available. We have used an extremely potent 4:1 extract in our product, dosed at 550mg per pill, dosed 4 times daily. At a 4:1 extract, this equates to just under 9 grams per day, right at 8800mg. This is significantly higher than other similar products, which gives a greater dose dependent increase in testosterone.

STUDY:
Yakubu MT, Akanji MA, Oladiji AT, et al. Androgenic potentials of aqueous extract of Massularia acuminata (G. Don) Bullock ex Hoyl. Stem in male Wistar rats. J Ethnopharmacol. 2008 Aug 13;118(3):508-513

http://www.hindawi.com/journals/ecam/2011/738103/

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Sub , this product spiked my interest...specially after talking to Cy about it and seeing some posts of research about it after that...That and here to support as well Bruce. Good luck!

Oh and I like what you said about the log being for you bro :), I'll just be along as support and see your progress!

MidniteGunner

MidniteGunner

Awards
Subbed
Good luck

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
Thanks for the subs.

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Subbed.

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
9/15/2012. Alpha Day.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to heaven, we were all going direct the other way - in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only.

-Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities

With the looming bans on all the Pro Hormones it's nice to see products coming out that might be able to fit into the void. From what I've read and seen about Massularia this might fit the bill. I started last night with 2 caps. I took 2 more this morning. I decided to head to the gym early today as tonight is a fair in a small rural town called Old Fashion Saturday Nights. Being a chair on the Tourism board I find that I should attend these events. My son absolutely loves the fair so that is an added bonus.

I put on my gym clothes, still rather enjoying how my arms have filled out over this last year. I needed a little pick me up so I did half a scoop of Muscle Marinade. (Grape Flavor, which is HORRID btw.) Gym trip was just over an hour. Bench, Deads, Curls, Tricep Pull Downs, butterflies, barbell rows, slanted tricep pull downs, and push downs. Did 15 minutes on the treadmill. Calories Burnt according to HRM: 857. (I use a Polar FT80, which I love. It measures your heart and tells you the optimal time to start your next set. Highly recommend it as it is one of the few HRM that is geared towards lifting.)

After working out this morning I was starved, I decided to make some breakfast burritos. After weighing out everything, cooking it, and making them I ran just a smig over 1000 Calories. Macro break downs tonight if I get it all entered into myfitnesspal.

Supplements Taken AM:

6:30am :
Massularia (2 caps 4400mg) (Number of Doses to date: 2)
Fish Oil (1g EPA/ 500mg DHA)
Creatine
Orange Triad
Super Cissus

6:45 am:
Muscle Marinade (1/2 scoop)
RecoverPro (3 scoops)

9:30 am:
African Mango (1 cap)
Green Coffee Bean Extract (2 caps)

Well that is it this morning, I'm going to treat this more as a journal/quasi log.

On a side note.. Go NWMSU and Huskers! Saturday College football is always some of the best days! Northwest Missouri State is my Alma Matter and I've been a life long Huskers fan.

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
Lunch:
Steak - 8oz.
Small Baked Potato

Snacks:
Beef Jerky - 4oz.
Pop Tart - Brown Sugar (I know, I know, I was starved)

It is a lazy Saturday, Just not a lot of motivation to do much today. Thinking of doing a bit more of cardio tonight at the gym.

Supplements Taken noon-4pm:
None.

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
Well tonight was the Street Fair. Didn't eat the best but it'll be alright. Food was a pork chop, pulled pork sandwich, and half a funnel cake.
Snack was 3oz of Beef Jerky. Got a nice walk in as we were walking for a little over an hour.

One thing I have noticed tonight is I'm horny as all get out. At the fair even I was looking at chicks and wanting to be all Alpha. The wife seems pleased by this new found desire.

Supplements Taken:

6:00PM
Massularia
Green Coffee Bean Extract

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pop Tart? Unsubbed!

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pink Magic bump

SLW2

SLW2

Awards
Subbed. I am curious to see how this stuff works for ya. Looks promising.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
Don't let Ben fool you, he's got a stash drawer full of Yorkie chocolate bars at his house.

MidniteGunner

MidniteGunner

Awards
Just noticed your first post, or the weight stats. Congrats you've lost a small man in body weight. Good job man that couldn't have been easy. I struggle to lose ten lbs. Lol

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Just noticed your first post, or the weight stats. Congrats you've lost a small man in body weight. Good job man that couldn't have been easy. I struggle to lose ten lbs. Lol
Where do you think I came from? (140lbs here)

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
Wow, what a crummy day..

Lets start with how I won worst father of the year award last night. So my 3 year old was whining and making a lot of noise and would not go to bed last night. He kept complaining about his foot and stuff.. Now he could stand and move it and it didn't appear to be broken or sprained (I checked it for cuts and everything)... I told him quit trying to get out of going to sleep. Then I finally gave him some Tylenol (baby) and patted him to sleep.. Anyways ALL night he cried and stuff. I kept telling him, NO you can not sleep with mommy and daddy you are a big boy sleep in your own bed.

Fast forward to this morning, he's crying and we go in to see him and he has these big bumps on his face and his feet that weren't there last night.. I was like, did he get bit by a spider or something? Well my wife was like.. uh oh... I said what.. She said Hand, Foot, Mouth disease has been making its rounds around the pre-school Desmond is in. I look it up online and sure enough that is what it is.. So yeah his foot probably was hurting. I didn't see any sores on it though.. I feel pretty bad about it.

One of the bigger issues with that is I'm on a medicine called Stelara which puts me at a high risk for a viral infection, which this is that Desmond has. Thus I am having to keep my distance from a 3 year old. It's really hard telling him, no man, Daddy can't give you a hug or he could get sick.

Onto smaller matters my world class fantasy team tanked today. My favorite team the Chiefs looked like it wasn't just the refs that are replacements!

AM:
Food: None - I was too tired.
Supplements:
9:30am:
Green Coffee Extract
Massularia
African Mango
Creatine
Orange Triad
Fish Oil

Lunch time:
Food:
Roast Beef
Stroganoff Noodles

Snacks:
4oz Beef Jerky
Pistachios (spelling!)

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Sorry to hear that Bruce! Hope the little man gets well soon. I had never heard of that disease but definitely be careful about contagion...I am having to be careful here too :/ there's a huge outbreak of West Nile Virus here in south texas...and DAMN already 2 people I know got it...

You lifting later today, or tomorrow bro?

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
6pm+ Time:

Well no lifting today, it's Sunday which this week is my day of rest. Which is good as my biceps and tri's are burning pretty good at the workout I gave them this last week.

Supper was a dish I made called Bacon Cheeseburger Dip with Almond Flour Bagel Chips I make. It's healthier than it sounds.. It also tastes good!!

PM Supplements:
Massularia
Cissus

Late game Football snacks:
Beef Jerky 3oz.

CorpKiller

CorpKiller

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We all make mistakes. Take it in stride. Hope he gets well soon. I have a three year old myself.

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
I was asked today that am I going to run Massularia again if it works... The answer is yes I'd probably replace one of the natty boosters I use from time to time with Massularia...

If it works really well I'm going to buy a case and send to the KC Chiefs.. Marked.. For Offensive and Defensive Lines... Please use. Dear Lord after watching them today they could use it!!

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards
Name: Bruce the Destroyer
Starting Date: 9/15/2012.
Length: 6 weeks.
Goal: To be strong. To be healthy. To be a beast.
Supplements that will be taken on this log:
Fish Oil (2g EPA, 1g DHA)
Creatine
Green Coffee Bean Extract/Matcha
BCAA/Protein Powder
Multi- Orange Triad
Super Cissus
Massularia (@4g a day after 2g first week)

Why the increased dose? Body weight, my body weight per the amounts they were talking about in the studies, that bumps up my dose to 4g a day to reach the same amount as in the rat studies.

I've done some logs in the past, my last one was a failure. I learned from that log that I need to be logging for myself and not other people. This log is to keep me accountable, if you want to join and see the results welcome! Feel free to ask questions and I'll do what I can to answer them.

Background:
I used to weight 400lbs (As of August 1st, 2011), I'm since then lost over 140lbs (In the 240's now!). I used to be an AI Sports Rep but life kept me a bit busy and just didn't allow me to keep up with my rep position. I've heard a lot of good talk about Massularia, I've also been asked about it quite a bit. The thing is I never liked to recommend a product I've never tried. I got my hands on a bottle of it and decided I had better give it a shot and see if this is something to recommend to people. I will say that I know two people that have tried the product and talked it up greatly. This has gave me high hopes for this product.

I usually take DAA and a couple other supplements when I do testboosters, this time I really want to see how Massularia stands on its own. That is why you'll notice my supplements consists of staples and then Massularia. This will allow me to fully gauge how well Massularia works.

Good goals! I'm in on this one

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
9/17/2012 • Monday Mayhem

Whew what a day already. It's 12:45PM here currently. The son was up til 3:30am in pain which made for a long night. I slept on the couch and I learned something... I'm getting old. Back in college crashing on a couch was nothing, hell crashing on a floor was nothing.. I woke up this morning and I felt like I had been ran over by a train. Luckily I had some biofreeze. Granted I smell like a cheap prostitute from the biofreeze but at least it doesn't creak or hurt any longer.

AM:
Supplements:
7:00AM
Massularia
Fish Oil
African Mango
Cissus Powder
Creatine

12:00

Food:
7:00am
6 oz. Beef Jerky

12:00 Noon
6 inch Italian Sub - wheat bread, cheddar cheese, no sauces.

Random thing seen on the interstate ----
The Oscar Meyer Weinermobile!!! Apparently it can only do about 55mph though.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL @ getting old. I just had that conversation with somebody yesterday. I did seven miles of cardio in two days and my knees were killing me. In the past I would do 15-20+ miles a week with no issues at all.

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
Well another side effect of Massularia popped up! I've became more popular.. At least I think that is what this new email I got today is trying to tell me..

It came from a [email protected]

It reads::

The scooby snack teaches the tornado. Any lover can share a shower with the cloud formation inside the tomato, but it takes a real recliner to bury the moldy globule. A tape recorder seeks a sandwich. When you see the ski lodge, it means that the tattered customer goes to sleep. The underhandedly fractured mortician secretly plans an escape from a nearest industrial complex a fire hydrant, and the plaintiff from the cashier makes love to a carelessly nuclear tape recorder.

I'm pretty sure that message means she digs me...

All kidding aside on day 3, major libido increases, a bit of attitude increase feels like its there. Only thing currently for sure is the libido increase.

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards
9/17/2012 • Monday Mayhem

Whew what a day already. It's 12:45PM here currently. The son was up til 3:30am in pain which made for a long night. I slept on the couch and I learned something... I'm getting old. Back in college crashing on a couch was nothing, hell crashing on a floor was nothing.. I woke up this morning and I felt like I had been ran over by a train. Luckily I had some biofreeze. Granted I smell like a cheap prostitute from the biofreeze but at least it doesn't creak or hurt any longer.

AM:
Supplements:
7:00AM
Massularia
Fish Oil
African Mango
Cissus Powder
Creatine

12:00

Food:
7:00am
6 oz. Beef Jerky

12:00 Noon
6 inch Italian Sub - wheat bread, cheddar cheese, no sauces.

Random thing seen on the interstate ----
The Oscar Meyer Weinermobile!!! Apparently it can only do about 55mph though.
Oscar Meyer mobile flying down the highway... hahahaa

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards
Well another side effect of Massularia popped up! I've became more popular.. At least I think that is what this new email I got today is trying to tell me..

It came from a [email protected]

It reads::

The scooby snack teaches the tornado. Any lover can share a shower with the cloud formation inside the tomato, but it takes a real recliner to bury the moldy globule. A tape recorder seeks a sandwich. When you see the ski lodge, it means that the tattered customer goes to sleep. The underhandedly fractured mortician secretly plans an escape from a nearest industrial complex a fire hydrant, and the plaintiff from the cashier makes love to a carelessly nuclear tape recorder.

I'm pretty sure that message means she digs me...

All kidding aside on day 3, major libido increases, a bit of attitude increase feels like its there. Only thing currently for sure is the libido increase.
Always a good thing! watch out!!!!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In the see you win JR. nice stack you got going on

wondering how this will treat you.

what is your nutrition like during this run? what are your goals for this run?

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
In the see you win JR. nice stack you got going on

wondering how this will treat you.

what is your nutrition like during this run? what are your goals for this run?
I've been doing a calorie count run for nutrition. Trying to keep to higher protein, lower carbs. Mainly want to make sure I get enough calories but not too much at the same time.

Goals are to see some differences in muscle mass gained.

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
PM - Mayhem of a Monday.

Food:
Supper:
I was starved, my appetite keeps increasing.
10 oz roast beef
2 apples
4 hard boiled eggs
2 oz. beef jerky
2 mozzarella cheese sticks
4 oz green seedless grapes

Snacks:
4oz Beef Jerky
Almonds

Supplements:

1:00PM
Massularia

4:00PM (PreWorkout)
Wyked PreWorkout 1 scoop
Agmatine
Fish Oil

7:00PM
Massularia
Cissus

Workout went well but I kept getting cramping in my right forearm. Had to take a few minutes break and it was fine. Going to up my water consumption. I'm currently drinking about 120oz a day, but I've slacked on this a bit this weekend only getting around 64oz a day.

Workout was 1hour 12minutes 52seconds
Calories Burnt: 739
Cals from Fat: 25%

Bulkypinoy61

Bulkypinoy61

Awards
  • Established
PM - Mayhem of a Monday.

Food:
Supper:
10 oz roast beef
2 apples
4 hard boiled eggs
2 oz. beef jerky

Snacks:
4oz Beef Jerky
Almonds

Supplements:

Massularia

Wyked PreWorkout 1 scoop
Agmatine
Fish Oil

Massularia
Cissus

Workout went well but I kept getting cramping in my right forearm. Had to take a few minutes break and it was fine. Going to up my water consumption. I'm currently drinking about 120oz a day, but I've slacked on this a bit this weekend only getting around 64oz a day.

I just ate, but after reading what you had for dinner. Now Im hungry again -__- lol

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards
PM - Mayhem of a Monday.

Food:
Supper:
10 oz roast beef
2 apples
4 hard boiled eggs
2 oz. beef jerky

Snacks:
4oz Beef Jerky
Almonds

Supplements:

Massularia

Wyked PreWorkout 1 scoop
Agmatine
Fish Oil

Massularia
Cissus

Mayham of Monday! HAHA

Grab some potassium for the cramps (and some sodium)

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
9-18-2012 FAT TUESDAY

A home with the son today. My wife had to go into work so I'm trying to work from home with him today. I call today Fat Tuesday as I hate staying at home on a work day as I seem to eat more.

Supplements:
Didn't get them taken til 12:00 noon as the morning was so hectic.
Massularia
Fish Oil
Cissus
Orange Triad
African Mango

Food:
AM:
8:30
6oz Beef Brisket
2 cheese sticks
4oz Green Seedless Grapes

Lunch:
6oz Roast Beef
2oz Provolone Cheese
Whole Wheat Bread

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards
9-18-2012 FAT TUESDAY

A home with the son today. My wife had to go into work so I'm trying to work from home with him today. I call today Fat Tuesday as I hate staying at home on a work day as I seem to eat more.

Supplements:
Massularia
Fish Oil
Cissus
Orange Triad
African Mango

Food:
AM:
6oz Beef Brisket
2 cheese sticks

Lunch:
6oz Roast Beef
2oz Provolone Cheese
Whole Wheat Bread
Im about to start my Massularia as well!

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
Night Time..

Supplements:
5:30PM
PumpFixx
Agmatine

8:00PM
Massularia
Fish Oil

Food:

Supper:
Roast Beef and Whole Wheat Bread sandwich

Snacks:
Almonds

Workout:

WOW, I have to say this.. Day 5, aggression is very high, felt inc. Alpha at the gym. Actually set PR's on 4 out of 5 lifts. I deadlifted 345lbs tonight in a 5X5 set. Curls increased. All day I felt pent up and aggressive. Very impressed with tonights work out.

1hour 24 minutes - 1246 calories burnt!

Hoping this is a cause of the massularia.

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards
9-18-2012 FAT TUESDAY

Supplements:
Massularia
Fish Oil
Cissus
Orange Triad
African Mango

Food:
AM:
6oz Beef Brisket
2 cheese sticks

Lunch:
6oz Roast Beef
2oz Provolone Cheese
Whole Wheat Bread
id prefer to work from home.... have my food there fresh vs. packing for work and eating cold lol

MidniteGunner

MidniteGunner

Awards
Night Time..

Supplements:
5:30PM
PumpFixx
Agmatine

8:00PM
Massularia
Fish Oil

Food:

Supper:
Roast Beef and Whole Wheat Bread sandwich

Snacks:
Almonds

Workout:

WOW, I have to say this.. Day 5, aggression is very high, felt inc. Alpha at the gym. Actually set PR's on 4 out of 5 lifts. I deadlifted 345lbs tonight in a 5X5 set. Curls increased. All day I felt pent up and aggressive. Very impressed with tonights work out.

1hour 24 minutes - 1246 calories burnt!

Hoping this is a cause of the massularia.
4 pr's Damn you go big dog.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hellz yea. Massularia has me intrigued! AI is my favorite supp company, with that being said, i cant wait for this log.

Where you at in missouri D2? Im in the good ol capital

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
Hellz yea. Massularia has me intrigued! AI is my favorite supp company, with that being said, i cant wait for this log.

Where you at in missouri D2? Im in the good ol capital
I'm in the far Northwest corner. North of St. Joseph, MO, and South of Omaha, NE. I'll actually be in the capital to watch a Lincoln Blue Tiger football game this year. I'm the web nerd behind d2football.com. The Tigers are a bit improved this year but have a long way to go!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm in the far Northwest corner. North of St. Joseph, MO, and South of Omaha, NE. I'll actually be in the capital to watch a Lincoln Blue Tiger football game this year. I'm the web nerd behind d2football.com. The Tigers are a bit improved this year but have a long way to go!
Ahhh ok, yea i live right by lincoln. Our highschools are literally right down the street from each other and lincoln is right next to the public HS. Lincolns track team has a better record than the blue tigers but eh oh well.

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
Ahhh ok, yea i live right by lincoln. Our highschools are literally right down the street from each other and lincoln is right next to the public HS. Lincolns track team has a better record than the blue tigers but eh oh well.
Yeah I know that track was the reason Lincoln got an invite in the MIAA.