Get shredded or die trying! A PES Alphamine log

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Hey everyone!

Welcome to get shredded or die trying: A PES alphamine sponsored log.
Over the next 4 weeks I will be reviewing PES's new revolutionary fat-burner In an attempt to get shredded.

I have already been cutting for one month and had some decent results. This time round i did not cut carbs so drasticly, and did not try drop my calories too much at once and i'm having good results. I dont feel as though ive lost so much muscle.

I started taking alphamine on sunday (im 3 days in) and enjoying it so far. The energy boost is strong. Im sweating a lot more than normal (its still winter conditions here) and had to wear an undershirt today to soak up the sweat at work.

Tonight was my first workout on it (i think i took it too late-i dont feel like sleeping lol) and one thing i noticed that hadnt been mentioned before was the increase in vascularity. Im only 3 days in so we'll see how that plays out. I workout tomorrow morning again on 2 scoops so i'll see how that goes. I better take a towel.

I will be posting before pictures soon. I have already taken them- I just have to find the usb Chord.
I generally work out 3-4 times a week and will try post on workout days.
My weight just before i started alphamine was 88.5kg. I had a carb up day though on Saturday and i am ashamed to say a few too many drinks- but you gotta live right. I wont be drinking again through out the log.

I'll post up my diet every once and a while and give updates as i change it.

I will be taking acetyl carnatine, vitamine c and zinc with Alphamine. Ive also got a stash of other supps i could run with this and make a really good run: But as this is a sponsored log i'll let Natty decide what i can take with it. Im thinking it might be best to wait until im at a little bit lower bodyfat percentage to make the most use out of these though:

The other supps include
ostanish
Anabeta elite
Anabeta
Erase
Erase pro
At2 (after alphamine)
andromass
TRS stack

Here are the before pictures:
3.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg

Bodock

Bodock

Awards
  • Established
Good luck with this. I am an Alphamine fan myself. Kill it man!

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In for Doc's log. :)

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In!

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When I first looked at the thread title I thought OP was going to be doing 300mcg of clen or something lol but I'm deff subbed!

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
in on this. close ht/wt stats to mine. kill it bro

jcwhiteside96

jcwhiteside96

Awards
Excited to see your results...IN! I will be logging this myself when the mail comes

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
In.

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the support everyone. I'm glad to see so many watching. I'll try get around to all the logs and have a look myself.

I did two workouts today and ate nearly no carbs.

I started the day with 2 scoops of alphamine, a quick near protein only breakfast followed by a morning workout after my workout that finnished at 11 pm last night.

I did Chest, lats, Tris + 12 mins hiit on the treadmil. I wanted to do more but had to get to university. I was supposed to do abs but i'll add them to legs tomorrow.

First workout:
Rest time between sets 20-30 seconds)
When i have 1040 or 4010 tempo: 4=negative. it just depends where the movement starts

Incline db press 2 sets of 10 (4010 temo)
Incline flies: 1 set of 15
Incline db press 1 set of 8 with partials at the end to burnout

flat db press 2 sets of 10 (4010 temo)
flies: 1 set of 15
flat db press 1 set of 8 with partials at the end to burnout

Chinups: 2 sets of 10
Lat pulldown 2 sets of 8 (1040 tempo)
Straight arm pulldown: 1 set 15
Close grip pulldown 1 set 8 (1040 tempo) with partials to burnout

Dumbbell pullover: 1 set of 8reps> drop set to 6 reps> with a 4020 tempo

Close grip bench: 2 sets of 10
Cable pushdown: 1 set 15
Close grip bench 1 set of 8 with partials to burnout

Dips:1 set of 8> superset
Dipmachine: 1 set 15
skullcrushers: 1 set of 8>dropset 6

HIIT on treadmil for 12 mins. 30 seconds running: 20 off (rest of the time was adjusting speed)

Workout 2
Was a cardio session
I alternated between pushups, burpies, overhead press, squats, lunges,situps >20 starjumps> shuttle run. I did this for 20mins without a break.

For example set 1: 10 pushups>20 starjumps>shuttle run.
set 2 : 10 burpies> 20 starjumps> shuttle run
set 3: 30 overhead presses (with a large car tire)> 20 starjumps> shuttle run
ETC ETC

Diet
BCAA drink>alphaminedrink> 4 egg whites+ 1.5 scoops of protein+ 1 tablespoon of organic penut butter microwaved into a brownie type thing
PWO: 2 scoops of whey+2 scoops of bcaas until next meal
1 chicken breast with salad
Protein shake
300grams of 97% fat free mince with spiced and salsa+ steemed vegies+ 1 ultra lite wholemeal wrap (15g carbs)+ small handful of light grated chedar cheese
2 scoops Casine protien shake

I relied on shakes a bit today but thats what its like when im at uni. When im at work all day i dont have shakes and eat whole food all day.

I noticed today I didnt sweat too much a the gym until HIIT. THat was tough and I had my heart rate up in the 180-190 bpm range.
I nearly puked after my night time session.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Make sure u eat enough bro.
I have the same issue some nights at uni for law. Work during day.

I'm curious to see the AE and alphamine combo.
Nice recomp stack for sure bro

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Runner_79: Yeh, its a pain in the ass at uni. Most of the food is crap. I found yohurgurt and berries today so that was a good snack

13/9/2012

ABS and Legs
Workout

I did about 8 ab exercises with 3 sets each. i did each exercise until failure:
hanging leg raises
Full situps
Ab machine crunches
Lying leg rasiesx5> scissors x5 (30 total)
V-ups
Ball rollout and pike
Plank rows

I then did plyometics for legs with squats and deadlifts at the end to finnish

Squat jumps: 3 sets x 15
Box jumps: 3 sets x 4 (I jumped Medium box to small box to large box and back. This was one repetition.)
Jump Lunges: 3 sets of 20
Depth drops: 3 sets x 8
Running leap: 3 sets x 5
Squats (70kg) 3 sets x 10
Deadlifts (70kg) 3 sets x10

+15 mins hiit on bike

I kept the weight for the squats and deadlifts very light I play in 2 days so i need to be able to function. I kept the rest time to catching my breath enough to start again.

Diet:
First thing i had today was alphamine. Today i only had one scoop in the morning and 2 scoops in the afternoon preworkout. I think i preferred this. I'll try it again like this tomorrow and see what i think. Since tomorrow is an off day i might even spread three separate doses out evenly over the day.

Funnily enough, after only one scoop i could hardly stomach breakfast. I ended up getting halfway through an omlet and wanting to regurgitate it. I could hadly get a shake down either. I see why KEVIN changed to intermittant fasting. If the suppression continues to get stronger i will have to change to this aswell.

Meal 1:
1.5 eggs and .75 scoops of whey...thats about half
50g whey in a shake

Meal 2 (3 hours preworkout) at this point i could still hardly eat
200g natural yogurt and froxen berries
two tins of chicken (68 grams protien)

Meal 3 (1 hour preworkout)
50g whey

Alphamine 30 mins preworkout

Meal 4 (postworkout)
50g whey with 30 g dextrose

Meal 5
1.5 chicken breasts with stirfryied vegetables and 1/4 serving of egg noodles

Meal 6
(Surprise surprise...more whey)
25g whey>25g casine with 5 g added luceine
1 slice of chese
Last time i did this i woke up with a massive massive pump and full muscles. I hope it works again

I tried today to make sure I had more food than yesterday. A lot of it was whey but as mentioned I go from uni for most of day straight to gym. My first two meals were supposed to be whole food but i couldnt stomach anything at breakfast. I'm goning to go back to six egg whites with salsa and cottage cheese for breakfast next week so i get more whole food. I Just gotta get my **** together. If i want a decent meal at uni it costs near 20 bucks...i can get the same out of canned chicken.

Sorry for the bad spelling.

Invycktus

Invycktus

Awards
  • Established
That is some workout!

Packers would've been proud!

Awesome!

Err Doc, you may wanna edit your signature and include this log!

bigguyn10ec

bigguyn10ec

Awards
  • Established
Watching from the bleachers.

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
That is some workout!

Packers would've been proud!

Awesome!

Err Doc, you may wanna edit your signature and include this log!
Sig fixed, thanks bro!

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Runner_79: Yeh, its a pain in the ass at uni. Most of the food is crap. I found yohurgurt and berries today so that was a good snack

13/9/2012

ABS and Legs
Workout
I did about 8 ab exercises with 3 sets each. i did each exercise until failure:
hanging leg raises
Full situps
Ab machine crunches
Lying leg rasiesx5> scissors x5 (30 total)
V-ups
Ball rollout and pike
Plank rows

I then did plyometics for legs with squats and deadlifts at the end to finnish

Squat jumps: 3 sets x 15
Box jumps: 3 sets x 4 (I jumped Medium box to small box to large box and back. This was one repetition.)
Jump Lunges: 3 sets of 20
Depth drops: 3 sets x 8
Running leap: 3 sets x 5
Squats (70kg) 3 sets x 10
Deadlifts (70kg) 3 sets x10

+15 mins hiit on bike

I kept the weight for the squats and deadlifts very light I play in 2 days so i need to be able to function. I kept the rest time to catching my breath enough to start again.

Diet:
First thing i had today was alphamine. Today i only had one scoop in the morning and 2 scoops in the afternoon preworkout. I think i preferred this. I'll try it again like this tomorrow and see what i think. Since tomorrow is an off day i might even spread three separate doses out evenly over the day.

Funnily enough, after only one scoop i could hardly stomach breakfast. I ended up getting halfway through an omlet and wanting to regurgitate it. I could hadly get a shake down either. I see why KEVIN changed to intermittant fasting. If the suppression continues to get stronger i will have to change to this aswell.

Meal 1:
1.5 eggs and .75 scoops of whey...thats about half
50g whey in a shake

Meal 2 (3 hours preworkout) at this point i could still hardly eat
200g natural yogurt and froxen berries
two tins of chicken (68 grams protien)

Meal 3 (1 hour preworkout)
50g whey

Alphamine 30 mins preworkout

Meal 4 (postworkout)
50g whey with 30 g dextrose

Meal 5
1.5 chicken breasts with stirfryied vegetables and 1/4 serving of egg noodles

Meal 6
(Surprise surprise...more whey)
25g whey>25g casine with 5 g added luceine
1 slice of chese
Last time i did this i woke up with a massive massive pump and full muscles. I hope it works again

I tried today to make sure I had more food than yesterday. A lot of it was whey but as mentioned I go from uni for most of day straight to gym. My first two meals were supposed to be whole food but i couldnt stomach anything at breakfast. I'm goning to go back to six egg whites with salsa and cottage cheese for breakfast next week so i get more whole food. I Just gotta get my **** together. If i want a decent meal at uni it costs near 20 bucks...i can get the same out of canned chicken.

Sorry for the bad spelling.
I buy grass fed beef from ALDI and lots of greens. Cook for a few days.
My week food bill is 200 lol

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
I buy grass fed beef from ALDI and lots of greens. Cook for a few days.
My week food bill is 200 lol
Yeh,

I gotta go to Costco this weekend and cook up a storm!

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Is Costco worth it over here?
yeh!!!! Especially if you know what you're looking for. When i was bulking i could spend $240+ a week at woolworthes. At Cosco i was getting away with $90-$140 for a fortnight!

I mainly buy chicken breast (2kg), 97% lean mince (3kg), eggs (60), cottage cheese (1.5 kg), salsa (2kg, tuna and vegetables for that much.

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Week 1 review

Alright guys so I played bball tonight and had my best shooting performance of the season. I think this is day 7 of Alphamine for me. So i'll just post a few scattered thoughts after the game.

I only took two scoops today and yestersay. Yesterday was a day off and i just took one scoop morning and afternoon. Today was my basketball game and not knowing how it would effect me i just took one scoop in the morning and 3/4 scoop an hour before the game.

One thing i have noticed that is opposite to everyone else is on cardio. Since starting alphamine i have been finding cardio a lot harder. This may be because of how i react to stims-im not sure. Catch 22 was I shot the lights out tonight, but was struggling all game to run. I'll skip it next week for ball and and see if there is a difference. I'll have a weight in tomorrow.

I have felt like i am getting fatter all week BUT i know this is impossible becuase of my diet. Visually i think i look leaner so its just a feeling i get. Does anyone else ever feel this way when they cut? Perhaps i can just feel a change- who knows! I'm impressed after week one- The appetite suppression is INSANE! I can barley eat some days. In addition I can see top two abs when i flex now. So no complaints there.

I'll post again tomorrow after the workout.

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Weigh in
I did a weigh in this morning.
I am now 87.2kg
16.5% body fat.

I really thought i was had lower body fat than this: But oh well! Thats what the scale says. I have lost about 1kg since my last weigh in so going well.

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
16/9/2012

Shoulders, Mid-back, traps, biceps +cardio

DIET

Today i tried moving towards intermittant fasting. I'll have to read up on it a bit more but thought i could start.

I ate first at 130pm- then 3pm (2hrs before my workout), postworkout shake, then post workout meal.
I ate a few higher carbs today. I read on IF you can ingest more carbs than usual.

Meal 1
Greek yohgurt with protein and berries (this yogurt has 17.5 protein, 3 g fat and 6g carbs in each serving. I think i just fell in love with it. 200g+ a scoop of protein and its near (50g protien.)
2 scoops of whey with with 100mls egg whites (60g protein)

Meal 2
Ali baba chicken kabab: double meet with lettus. I only ate half the bread. (70g protien 30g carbs +10g fat)

Meal 3
2 scoops whey with 30g maltodextrine (50g protein 30g carbs)

Meal 4
1 Chicken breast with spinach, carrot and capsicum (30g protein)

Workout

upright rows: 2x10
Forward lean laterals: 1x15
Upright rows 1x8 (partials to burn out)

Seated Db press (with dropset): 2x8(6)
Seated Db press: 1x6
Seated side laterals with dropset: 1x8(6)

Rear laterals with dropset: 1x8(6)

Seated rows: 2x10
Bent arm bent over laterals: 1x15
Seated rows: 1x8 with partials to burnout
Db rows: 2x15 each arm

Shrugs: 1x15
Cable upright rows (double dropset): 2x8(6)(4) and partials to burnout

Db curls: 2x10
Spider curls: 1x12>1x8
Barbell curls: 1x8 with partials to burn out

Incline hammers: 1x6
Preacher curls (hammer) 2x8

30 mins treadmil: 15 mins hiit--- 412 calories burnt

Notes
I felt stronger today and some of my lifts went up. Also I found having a meal 1.5-2 hours before i take my preworkout dose of alphamine let me work harder as my heart wasnt thumping. I actually found cardio EASIER today and left like a chick after a wet tshirt competition by the time i was done. The shirt was completely see through.

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
17/9/12

I had a long ass day at work today but got a workout in at lunch. I kept implementing Intermittant fasting today. My last meal lastnight was at 7pm and i broke the fast at 2.45pm and finished eating at about 10pm. If anyone wants to give tips on Intermittent fasting please feel free. Id like to see if what im eating for IF is clean enough for a cut. The way i understand it you can eat foods with higher carbs and what not and there is a bit more leaniency. I watched the Hodge twins talk about it for a while....haha. those dudes crack me up.

Workout
I had 45 minute workout in the basement of my office. It was a crosstraining type workout with lots of sprints, lunges, jumps, burpies, mountain climbers and abb work combined into timed routines. We even did curls and rows with bike tyre tubes. Its been a while since i trained like this. I want to keep doing it though. its good fun.

I did this fasted from 1230-130pm- the sweat was intense and i sweated a lot more than everyone else that joined in. I like to think that was because i worked harder...but it could be the alphamine...or a combination of both.

Diet
I broke my fast at 245pm, 1 hr post workout.

meal 1
2 scoops of whey (50g protein 5 g carbs)
1 large slice of healthy lasagna (mostly meat and vegies with 2 thin layers of pasta and some light cheese: I needed some extra food today and it was in the fridge) (dont know macros)
6 egg whites, one whole egg, 1/2 cup of cottage cheese. (48g protein, 10g fat, 10g carbs)

Meal 2
2 scoops of whey (50g protein 5 g carbs)

Meal 3
2 large servings of roast turkey breast with greens and 3 small sweet potatoes
(dont know macros-grandma cooked it-shes down with my gymming tho so it was very lean)

Meal 4
1 can of tinned chicken &light mayo (35g protein +10g fat)
250mls of liquid egg whites with 2 scoops of whey (80g protein 5g carbs)
350grams of greek yoghurt (35p-6.3f-13.3c) + handful of frozen berries.

Invycktus

Invycktus

Awards
  • Established
Sounds Nice Doc!

IF confuses me as well. Isnt breakfast the most important meal of the day or something like that? The missus would hit me with a frying pan on the head if I skip breakfast for some reason.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds Nice Doc!

IF confuses me as well. Isnt breakfast the most important meal of the day or something like that? The missus would hit me with a frying pan on the head if I skip breakfast for some reason.

haha, breakfast is overrated! IF for the win.

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
18/9/2012

Today i continues intermittant fasting.
I broke my fast at 220pm about 30 mins post workout 1

Workout1
1pm
It was a crosstraining type workout with pushups/burpies/squats followed by 20 star jumps a, 40m sprint, 60 m run. I repeated for 20 mins with no break. The sprints ended up just being a light run towards the end though.

Workout 2
ABS and plyometrics
This took 45 mins

I started with two ab circuit where I performed to failure.

Hanging leg raises (hands above head knees to elbows)
Ball rollout and pike
V-ups
Plank rows
Lying leg rasies with weight
Full situps

Then did
jump squats
Box jumps 3 sets of 5 jumping 3 boxes
Seated box jump (start seated and jump onto high box): 2 sets 8
1 legged jumps
Jump lunges

DIET
meal 1 (post workout 1
Lean lasagna(mostly mince + vegies)
2 scoop whey
400g lean mince

This took a while to eat

meal 2
2 scoops whey

Meal 3
Nandos lean chicken wrap

Meal 4 (postworkout 2)
1 can chicken
250mls of liqud egg white with 2 scoops wpc
300g greek yohgurt with berries

IN the end my macros were 416 protein, 110 carbs, 71 fat. Total cals 2801 (Maintenance is 3000)

Honestly i didnt realise i had eaten that much till i added it up. I wish i had worked it out before my last meal. I wanted to be 2500 or less. I did workout twice... so im sure this will reverse some damage. but i'll only eat 2000 cals tomorrow to make up for it. I'm just trying to adjust to eating the bigger meals with IF..Obviously i dont have to eat soo much.

NOTES
Sweated like a pig today! I didnt stop post wokrout 1 for an hour and started back up when i was barley doing anything.
I'd also like to mention i dont think i could do IF without alphamine. I wake up very hungry but alphamine numbs it until meal time.

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
19/8/8/2012

Continued with IF Today and had two workout. Workout 1 was weights and half assed hiit and work out two was basketball for 90 mind
I Broke the fast at 230pm today about 2 hours post workout 1.

Workout 1: chest, lats, tries
Incline db press
3 sets x10
Incline db flies (1x15)
incline db press 1x8 with partials at the end to burn out.

bench press
2x10
Hi-low cable flies: 1 x15
bench press: 1x8 with partials to burnout>pushups to failure

Chinups: 2x10
Close grip pulldowns: 2x8 (1040 tempo) (40second set, 40 second break)
Straight arm pullover: 1x15
Close grip pulldowns: 1x8 (1040 tempo) with partials to burnout.

DB pullover
1x8>1x6

Dips 1x10 1x8
Tricep extensions
1x15
Dips 1x8 with partials to finnish

Overhead extensions: 2x8
Diamond pushups Failure

then i did 20 mins on stationary bike. 15 mins was hiit. I couldnt go as fast as normal as my legs hurt from last night.

Diet
Today i ate less than yesterday.

Meal 1
1 can of chicken
250 mls egg white liquid
2 scoops whey
300g Chobani yohgurt+handful berries

Meal 2
RTD muscle milk (they changed the size so you only get 25g protien...)

Meal 3: I got ambushed by this one. I got invited to the girlfriends house for dinner (well i was already there) and it ended up being chicken pot pie. essentially it was a little chicken with potato and pastrie :( It tasted good, but i only had a small peice as i didnt know what was in it. I also ate lots of brocoli. Im hoping the piece i had was 400-500 cals at most. It shouldnt have been much more....i hope. Her mum had already started cooking it before i said id stay, so i didnt really have much choice. I wish she understood me and the GF are trying to loose weight. She just cooks the wrong food god bless her lol.. Next week she said its steak with oyster sauce...so im looking forward to that. Her food tastes great...its just not great for cutting.

Meal 4
1 can of chicken
250 mls egg white liquid
2 scoops whey

The food i could monitor ended up being 1600 cals with 270 protein,39 carbs and 41 fat. Additional carbs and fat and a little bit of protien would have been in meal 3. I'm hoping it was 400 cals (or less) so idealy i could be at 2000 cals for the day.

I hope the basketball helped reverse meal 3

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
20/9/2012
I Continued with IF today and broke the fast at 1245pm (this was to fit around university classes) and finnished eating at 8.30pm. I felt **** all day with a headache but dragged myself to the gym. Needless to say it wasnt my greatest workout

Workout
upright rows: 2x10
Forward lean laterals: 1x15
Upright rows 1x8 (partials to burn out)

Seated Db press (with dropset): 2x8(6)
Seated Db press: 1x6
lncline side laterals with dropset: 1x8(6)

Rear laterals with dropset: 1x8(6)

Seated rows: 2x10
Bent arm bent over laterals: 1x15
Seated rows: 1x8 with partials to burnout
Db rows: 2x15 each arm

Shrugs: 2x15

barbell curls: 2x10
Spider curls: 1x12>1x8
Barbell curls: 1x8 with partials to burn out

Incline hammer curls: 1x8 (6)
Incline curls 1x7 (6)

30 mins treadmill: Low intensity. I set it to an incline of 8 and a speed of 6.5 (this is my hiit rest speed) and went for 30 mins. I was covered head to toe in sweat.

Diet:
I cant be bothered writing it all out tonight. I got to control everything. My macros for the day were P-336 C-107 f45 Total Calories-2299

I had eaten more than this by about 500 cals. My postworkout meal ended up being more than i thought. Thinking it wasnt much i ate more to cover it for dinner when in the end i didnt have to.
But when i realised it about 2 hours later i purged....lol... I brought up about 400g of lean mince (what a waste).
Im not even ashamed to say i chucked it back up. You gotta do what you gotta do. It did taste good going down though.

So im starting to realise i still cant eat heaps...or i have to drink less shakes. One or the other. the way I'm going to get my head around this is to right now..put in the food i have available for tomorrow. That way i'll workout what i can eat before it do.

Notes
it was about 20 degrees here today which was nice t shirt weather. I dont think i have ever sweated this much during a workout. The incline treadmill was insane!!!!!!! Sweat was just pooring out. You could clearly see my nipples through my shirt.

Invycktus

Invycktus

Awards
  • Established
IF may screw with us at times. Don't let it impact you Doc! Keep killing it!

funkd0c

funkd0c

Awards
  • Established
Wow dude, I would pass out from the lack of carbs on your diet. But I'm glad to see it work for you. Fat loss FTW!

Invycktus

Invycktus

Awards
  • Established
lol, the 2 Doc's are talking to each other........ Or are they the same person!

Bodock

Bodock

Awards
  • Established
Looks good so far, I need to work on my meal discipline more like you!

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
The post to read

22/9/12

Alright, so its game day today, so i will be breaking my fast 2 hours early to ensure i can get 2 meals in before the game. I'm thinking of making a chocolate omlet first and then having oats and whey before the game.

Weely weigh in

So some interesting stuff happened here. Let me start
I first put the scales down and it said i had gone from 87.2-84.1. My first thought was...****...thats probably too much a lot to drop in a week....but then the fat loss reading came out saying dropping from 16.8>14.7 percent bodyfat...in less than a week. Now while to me this spelt out AWSOME, Iwas a little concerned that this may not be correct. SO.... i hopped on again and got the same reading. I was pretty ****ing excited to say the least!

HOWEVER, Then i decided i would move the scales to where i took the reading last week just so everything was the same. This time i got a reading saying i went from 87.2>87.9 (up in weight) while my bodyfat went from 16.8>16.5 (down)

So...i dont know which one i should believe. All i know is that I did loose fat this week (i guess its .3%) and my scales are not very reliable if it can vary that much just from being moved 2 feet. If the first reading is right Im lighter and lower in bodyfat than i first thought. But unfortunatly this means I didnt loose 2% either way.

If the second reading is right i recomped a fair bit in less than a week. I dont really know how this happened...I guess the one or two days i ate higher cals must have been used by my body well. I just didnt think i ate enough over on those days to warrent weight gain over the week. I never really went above maintenance levels though and was 200 under on my highest day...Unless i am infact 84kg and not 87 lol. That may explain it- as my calorie intake would be off-I thought id loose more than .3% this week. I worked my ass off and worked out twice a day a lot of days.

I think i may change my workout this week to be more compound lift orientated workouts. So essentially every workout do deadlifts, squats, plyometics (day 1), pushups and chinups, rows, shoulder presses+ dips (day 2) and put them in a circuit and see how i go. Maybee that will stimulate more fat loss than my current routine.

Thoughts would be appreciated.

Doc.

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
IF may screw with us at times. Don't let it impact you Doc! Keep killing it!
Yeh, i'll try get a better handle on it this week. Im going to start lowering the portion sizes slowly and also change my routine up as it has been 6 weeks since i last changed.

Wow dude, I would pass out from the lack of carbs on your diet. But I'm glad to see it work for you. Fat loss FTW!
Yeh, ive found i can handle it on alphamine. As soon as it wears off though i am pretty dead. I had a light carb up over yesterday and today. I was feeling flat and starting to destroy my confidence. I'm feeling fuller again now so my confidence is back up.

Looks good so far, I need to work on my meal discipline more like you!
Welcome! Thanks for the comment!

I try to be disciplined man so i can get the best results. If im not though i find it very hard to get the fat to drop. Eventually it does though. I just have to remember to stick with it.

Thanks for your comments everyone. Your comments keep me motivated!

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
23/9/12

Alright. I had a good day on diet today and a pretty killer workout. I decided to change things up as i had been doing my current routine for 6 weeks now.

I havnt worked out my macros for the day. I was trying to carb up over yesterday and today while still eating healthy foods.

Diet today was

meal 1: 1pm
180g ground beef
400g backed beans: sauce washed off
1 table spoon of greek yohgurt
300mls liquid egg white, 2 scoops of whey.

meal 2: 4pm
350g (i think) of Chicken
Shaved Carrot
letus
This meal was a take away meal. It was at a kabab store. I got meat+vegies on a plate with extra meat. I thought the girl didn't give me enough meat for way i payed though....damn 14 year olds

meal 3 Post workout (730pm)
200mls liquid egg white,
2 scoops whey protien
1/2 scoop maltodextrine
150g ground beef
100g mashed potato.
1/2 bell-pepper/capsicum

Workout: The megaset from hell
I did a new workout tonight. I put it together just before my workout. It may not look like much...but THIS WAS HELL and one of the hardest ive done in a long time. I'll need to take a puke bucket next time.

Essentially i set up a circuit in the hammer squat rack. I did 7 circuits
There are 10 reps per exersise, no breaks between exercises and just enough of a break between circuits so I can catch my breath. The first two sets were warm ups but i figure they still count.

Squats
Deadlifts
barbell rows
Chinups
Seated barbell shoulder press

After about 5 mins after i finnished the circuit i did:
3 sets of close grip lat pulldown: 8 reps with 1040 tempo
3 sets of barbell curls: 8 reps with 1040 tempo

Cardio- treadmill: LIT 30 mins.

I'm trying workout my next routine. I want to make it like tonight.
i'm thinking:

Dips
Upright rows
Side laterals
Pushups
Lunges
Diamond pushups or close grip bench.

Suggestions appreciated :)

Invycktus

Invycktus

Awards
  • Established
Jeesh Doc, you really are making it a workout from hell!

bigguyn10ec

bigguyn10ec

Awards
  • Established
Im really liking that workout!

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Guys, that ish was hard as hell.

I'm starting to get the DOMS now. I'm rather stiff.

24/09/2012 Part 1
I began this morning at 645 am with fasted 45 minute Treadmill work. I kept the heart rate between 65-80%. It was 4 degrees this morning and i was sweating like crazy. My GF, who does exersise science suggeted doing more than 30 mins cardio each time as it takes until 30 mins to hit your fat burning mode. I figured it couldnt hurt to try. I'll see the results at the end of the week.

One thing i hate about fasted morning cardio is that it turns my appetite on! Not even alphamine is holding back the hunger.....Just 2 more hours until i can break the fast!

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
24/9/12 part 2

Alright, i wasnt sure if I would make it but i hit the gym again tonight to get a weights session in. I continued circuit style. Tonight's workout was chest tri shoulders circuit. I did 10 reps of each with no break and 90 seconds in between circuits. I did this for 7 circuits before dropping to six reps and slower repetitions for the last three circuits.

Dips
upright rows
Lateral raises
Pushups
Incline db press

After the circuit
3 sets of 8 reps incline flies (4010 tempo)
3 sets of 8 reps incline skull crushers (4010 tempo)

This workout was a easier then yesterday (understandably). Id like to make this one tougher but need to work out how. Suggestions appreciated as always.

diet
This was spot on today
Meal one was 4 hours post training
2scoops whey
200g baked beans (sauce washed off)
200g ground beef/mince
container of salad

meal 2
300g ground beef/mince
200g beans
200g of Chobani greek yohgurt+berries + 1 scoop choc whey

in between
100g ground beef.

Meal 3
330g lean pork with light honey + soy sauce basting
1/4 cup of white rice
1 whole bellpepper/capsicum
Carrots+peas
1.5 scoops of whey.

Postworkout (outside eating window) 1.5 scoops xtend with added Lucien.

Im very happy with the diet today. I think it would be impossible for me to gain weight on this.

funkd0c

funkd0c

Awards
  • Established
Looks good.. If you wanna make the circuit harder, try doing flat or incline barbell bench instead of push ups, add one more exercise to the routine, and try taking your rep range to 15-20 for each exercise. The high rep range kills. I will be doing this on my next circuit.. Keep rockin it bruh

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This workout was a easier then yesterday (understandably). Id like to make this one tougher but need to work out how. Suggestions appreciated as always.

I dont normally do circuit training, but try 8x8 with 2-3 chest/tri exercises, and only rest 30 or so seconds between each set. The weight used is usually higher vs a circuit, and you'll seriously want to puke by the time you're finishing up.

Example

8x8 - Incline Press
8x8 - Dips
8x8 Dumbbell flyes

If done with proper weights and rest, you'll be soooooree and winded/nauseous

Invycktus

Invycktus

Awards
  • Established
I dont normally do circuit training, but try 8x8 with 2-3 chest/tri exercises, and only rest 30 or so seconds between each set. The weight used is usually higher vs a circuit, and you'll seriously want to puke by the time you're finishing up.

Example

8x8 - Incline Press
8x8 - Dips
8x8 Dumbbell flyes

If done with proper weights and rest, you'll be soooooree and winded/nauseous
I need to read up on this, a couple of lads I work with, cant stop singing out this!

Invycktus

Invycktus

Awards
  • Established
24/9/12 part 2

Alright, i wasnt sure if I would make it but i hit the gym again tonight to get a weights session in. I continued circuit style. Tonight's workout was chest tri shoulders circuit. I did 10 reps of each with no break and 90 seconds in between circuits. I did this for 7 circuits before dropping to six reps and slower repetitions for the last three circuits.

Dips
upright rows
Lateral raises
Pushups
Incline db press

After the circuit
3 sets of 8 reps incline flies (4010 tempo)
3 sets of 8 reps incline skull crushers (4010 tempo)

diet
This was spot on today
Meal one was 4 hours post training
2scoops whey
200g baked beans (sauce washed off)
200g ground beef/mince
container of salad

meal 2
300g ground beef/mince
200g beans
200g of Chobani greek yohgurt+berries + 1 scoop choc whey

in between
100g ground beef.

Meal 3
330g lean pork with light honey + soy sauce basting
1/4 cup of white rice
1 whole bellpepper/capsicum
Carrots+peas
1.5 scoops of whey.

Postworkout (outside eating window) 1.5 scoops xtend with added Lucien.

Im very happy with the diet today. I think it would be impossible for me to gain weight on this.
in Simon Cowell voice :

Doc, What are you doing out there?

Average workout, poor strength, off balance, you really should not be on the stage!

I jest I jest.... Its awesome as usual, Keep killing it!....

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I need to read up on this, a couple of lads I work with, cant stop singing out this!
Yeah, usually i do a routine like that with deads and squats, just because I have a tendency to hurt my self on low volume/high intensity.

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
25/9/12

Another early morning session today. Hit the gym at 640am. with a scoop of alphamine. Ive decided one is all i can take precardio. I alternated between walking and jogging (five mins each) on a moderate incline for 45 mins, followed by some ab work. Aside from that today was a rest day.

Diet:

Meal 1
1.5 lean pork steak
1 can chicken light mayo,
1/2 large can baked beans with no sauce.
1 bell pepper

Meal 2
1 lean pork steak
1/2 large can baked beans (no sauce)
1 bell pepper
300mls liquid egg whites with 2 scoops of whey

Meal 3
Nandos chicken wrap: I believe this had 1.5 chicken breasts (upon request) lettus, hot sauce and wholemeal wrap
200mls liquid egg white, with 2 scoops whey +1 table spoon coco

Progress
I started to notice my chest dividing again yesterday with a line separating high and low pecs. Today when flexed i can see three separate heads on my shoulders. I am also more vascular overall. while working out a lot of veins are appearing through my forearms and biceps.

I'm due to do the squats, dead, rows, chins and sholder presses tomorrow. Hopefully some doms will wear off overnight otherwise i will have to do a lighter session.

funkd0c

funkd0c

Awards
  • Established
Nice progress Doc! Always nice to see the separation in the heads of the shoulder!

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
thanks Doc.

It might be because i worked them pretty hard the last few days but i'm hoping its a more permanent thing haha.