Get shredded or die trying! A PES Alphamine log

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

1. 20/9/2012
    I Continued with IF today and broke the fast at 1245pm (this was to fit around university classes) and finnished eating at 8.30pm. I felt **** all day with a headache but dragged myself to the gym. Needless to say it wasnt my greatest workout

Workout
    upright rows: 2x10
    Forward lean laterals: 1x15
    Upright rows 1x8 (partials to burn out)

Seated Db press (with dropset): 2x8(6)
    Seated Db press: 1x6
    lncline side laterals with dropset: 1x8(6)

Rear laterals with dropset: 1x8(6)

Seated rows: 2x10
    Bent arm bent over laterals: 1x15
    Seated rows: 1x8 with partials to burnout
    Db rows: 2x15 each arm

Shrugs: 2x15

barbell curls: 2x10
    Spider curls: 1x12>1x8
    Barbell curls: 1x8 with partials to burn out

Incline hammer curls: 1x8 (6)
    Incline curls 1x7 (6)

30 mins treadmill: Low intensity. I set it to an incline of 8 and a speed of 6.5 (this is my hiit rest speed) and went for 30 mins. I was covered head to toe in sweat.

Diet:
    I cant be bothered writing it all out tonight. I got to control everything. My macros for the day were P-336 C-107 f45 Total Calories-2299

I had eaten more than this by about 500 cals. My postworkout meal ended up being more than i thought. Thinking it wasnt much i ate more to cover it for dinner when in the end i didnt have to.
    But when i realised it about 2 hours later i purged....lol... I brought up about 400g of lean mince (what a waste).
    Im not even ashamed to say i chucked it back up. You gotta do what you gotta do. It did taste good going down though.

So im starting to realise i still cant eat heaps...or i have to drink less shakes. One or the other. the way I'm going to get my head around this is to right now..put in the food i have available for tomorrow. That way i'll workout what i can eat before it do.

Notes
    it was about 20 degrees here today which was nice t shirt weather. I dont think i have ever sweated this much during a workout. The incline treadmill was insane!!!!!!! Sweat was just pooring out. You could clearly see my nipples through my shirt.
    ~Get shredded or die trying! The alphamine chapter~
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213632-get-shredded-die.html

2. IF may screw with us at times. Don't let it impact you Doc! Keep killing it!
    MEM->DCA->PHL->MEM
    •   

3. Wow dude, I would pass out from the lack of carbs on your diet. But I'm glad to see it work for you. Fat loss FTW!

4. lol, the 2 Doc's are talking to each other........ Or are they the same person!
    MEM->DCA->PHL->MEM

5. Looks good so far, I need to work on my meal discipline more like you!
    Psalm 73:26
    My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
    •   

6. The post to read

22/9/12

Alright, so its game day today, so i will be breaking my fast 2 hours early to ensure i can get 2 meals in before the game. I'm thinking of making a chocolate omlet first and then having oats and whey before the game.

Weely weigh in

So some interesting stuff happened here. Let me start
    I first put the scales down and it said i had gone from 87.2-84.1. My first thought was...****...thats probably too much a lot to drop in a week....but then the fat loss reading came out saying dropping from 16.8>14.7 percent bodyfat...in less than a week. Now while to me this spelt out AWSOME, Iwas a little concerned that this may not be correct. SO.... i hopped on again and got the same reading. I was pretty ****ing excited to say the least!

HOWEVER, Then i decided i would move the scales to where i took the reading last week just so everything was the same. This time i got a reading saying i went from 87.2>87.9 (up in weight) while my bodyfat went from 16.8>16.5 (down)

So...i dont know which one i should believe. All i know is that I did loose fat this week (i guess its .3%) and my scales are not very reliable if it can vary that much just from being moved 2 feet. If the first reading is right Im lighter and lower in bodyfat than i first thought. But unfortunatly this means I didnt loose 2% either way.

If the second reading is right i recomped a fair bit in less than a week. I dont really know how this happened...I guess the one or two days i ate higher cals must have been used by my body well. I just didnt think i ate enough over on those days to warrent weight gain over the week. I never really went above maintenance levels though and was 200 under on my highest day...Unless i am infact 84kg and not 87 lol. That may explain it- as my calorie intake would be off-I thought id loose more than .3% this week. I worked my ass off and worked out twice a day a lot of days.

I think i may change my workout this week to be more compound lift orientated workouts. So essentially every workout do deadlifts, squats, plyometics (day 1), pushups and chinups, rows, shoulder presses+ dips (day 2) and put them in a circuit and see how i go. Maybee that will stimulate more fat loss than my current routine.

Thoughts would be appreciated.

Doc.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213632-get-shredded-die.html

7. Quote Originally Posted by Invycktus View Post
    IF may screw with us at times. Don't let it impact you Doc! Keep killing it!
    Yeh, i'll try get a better handle on it this week. Im going to start lowering the portion sizes slowly and also change my routine up as it has been 6 weeks since i last changed.

Quote Originally Posted by funkd0c View Post
    Wow dude, I would pass out from the lack of carbs on your diet. But I'm glad to see it work for you. Fat loss FTW!
    Yeh, ive found i can handle it on alphamine. As soon as it wears off though i am pretty dead. I had a light carb up over yesterday and today. I was feeling flat and starting to destroy my confidence. I'm feeling fuller again now so my confidence is back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodock View Post
    Looks good so far, I need to work on my meal discipline more like you!
    Welcome! Thanks for the comment!

I try to be disciplined man so i can get the best results. If im not though i find it very hard to get the fat to drop. Eventually it does though. I just have to remember to stick with it.

Thanks for your comments everyone. Your comments keep me motivated!

8. 23/9/12

Alright. I had a good day on diet today and a pretty killer workout. I decided to change things up as i had been doing my current routine for 6 weeks now.

I havnt worked out my macros for the day. I was trying to carb up over yesterday and today while still eating healthy foods.

Diet today was

meal 1: 1pm
    180g ground beef
    400g backed beans: sauce washed off
    1 table spoon of greek yohgurt
    300mls liquid egg white, 2 scoops of whey.

meal 2: 4pm
    350g (i think) of Chicken
    Shaved Carrot
    letus
    This meal was a take away meal. It was at a kabab store. I got meat+vegies on a plate with extra meat. I thought the girl didn't give me enough meat for way i payed though....damn 14 year olds

meal 3 Post workout (730pm)
    200mls liquid egg white,
    2 scoops whey protien
    1/2 scoop maltodextrine
    150g ground beef
    100g mashed potato.
    1/2 bell-pepper/capsicum

Workout: The megaset from hell
    I did a new workout tonight. I put it together just before my workout. It may not look like much...but THIS WAS HELL and one of the hardest ive done in a long time. I'll need to take a puke bucket next time.

Essentially i set up a circuit in the hammer squat rack. I did 7 circuits
    There are 10 reps per exersise, no breaks between exercises and just enough of a break between circuits so I can catch my breath. The first two sets were warm ups but i figure they still count.

Squats
    Deadlifts
    barbell rows
    Chinups
    Seated barbell shoulder press

After about 5 mins after i finnished the circuit i did:
    3 sets of close grip lat pulldown: 8 reps with 1040 tempo
    3 sets of barbell curls: 8 reps with 1040 tempo

Cardio- treadmill: LIT 30 mins.

I'm trying workout my next routine. I want to make it like tonight.
    i'm thinking:

Dips
    Upright rows
    Side laterals
    Pushups
    Lunges
    Diamond pushups or close grip bench.

Suggestions appreciated

9. Jeesh Doc, you really are making it a workout from hell!
    MEM->DCA->PHL->MEM

10. Im really liking that workout!
    Here is my loghttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/216779-bigguy-vs-wilpit.htmlhttp://supplementreviews.com/users/mhseaver670/reviews

11. Thanks Guys, that ish was hard as hell.

I'm starting to get the DOMS now. I'm rather stiff.

24/09/2012 Part 1
    I began this morning at 645 am with fasted 45 minute Treadmill work. I kept the heart rate between 65-80%. It was 4 degrees this morning and i was sweating like crazy. My GF, who does exersise science suggeted doing more than 30 mins cardio each time as it takes until 30 mins to hit your fat burning mode. I figured it couldnt hurt to try. I'll see the results at the end of the week.

One thing i hate about fasted morning cardio is that it turns my appetite on! Not even alphamine is holding back the hunger.....Just 2 more hours until i can break the fast!

12. 24/9/12 part 2

Alright, i wasnt sure if I would make it but i hit the gym again tonight to get a weights session in. I continued circuit style. Tonight's workout was chest tri shoulders circuit. I did 10 reps of each with no break and 90 seconds in between circuits. I did this for 7 circuits before dropping to six reps and slower repetitions for the last three circuits.

Dips
    upright rows
    Lateral raises
    Pushups
    Incline db press

After the circuit
    3 sets of 8 reps incline flies (4010 tempo)
    3 sets of 8 reps incline skull crushers (4010 tempo)

This workout was a easier then yesterday (understandably). Id like to make this one tougher but need to work out how. Suggestions appreciated as always.

diet
    This was spot on today
    Meal one was 4 hours post training
    2scoops whey
    200g baked beans (sauce washed off)
    200g ground beef/mince
    container of salad

meal 2
    300g ground beef/mince
    200g beans
    200g of Chobani greek yohgurt+berries + 1 scoop choc whey

in between
    100g ground beef.

Meal 3
    330g lean pork with light honey + soy sauce basting
    1/4 cup of white rice
    1 whole bellpepper/capsicum
    Carrots+peas
    1.5 scoops of whey.

Postworkout (outside eating window) 1.5 scoops xtend with added Lucien.

Im very happy with the diet today. I think it would be impossible for me to gain weight on this.

13. Looks good.. If you wanna make the circuit harder, try doing flat or incline barbell bench instead of push ups, add one more exercise to the routine, and try taking your rep range to 15-20 for each exercise. The high rep range kills. I will be doing this on my next circuit.. Keep rockin it bruh

14. Quote Originally Posted by Docmattic View Post
    This workout was a easier then yesterday (understandably). Id like to make this one tougher but need to work out how. Suggestions appreciated as always.

I dont normally do circuit training, but try 8x8 with 2-3 chest/tri exercises, and only rest 30 or so seconds between each set. The weight used is usually higher vs a circuit, and you'll seriously want to puke by the time you're finishing up.

Example

8x8 - Incline Press
    8x8 - Dips
    8x8 Dumbbell flyes

If done with proper weights and rest, you'll be soooooree and winded/nauseous
    PES - PM me anytime for any questions
    "Like" us on Facebook
    Subscribe to the PES Newsletter for all Specials and Announcements

15. Quote Originally Posted by kevinhy View Post
    I dont normally do circuit training, but try 8x8 with 2-3 chest/tri exercises, and only rest 30 or so seconds between each set. The weight used is usually higher vs a circuit, and you'll seriously want to puke by the time you're finishing up.

Example

8x8 - Incline Press
    8x8 - Dips
    8x8 Dumbbell flyes

I need to read up on this, a couple of lads I work with, cant stop singing out this!
    MEM->DCA->PHL->MEM

16. Quote Originally Posted by Docmattic View Post
    24/9/12 part 2

Alright, i wasnt sure if I would make it but i hit the gym again tonight to get a weights session in. I continued circuit style. Tonight's workout was chest tri shoulders circuit. I did 10 reps of each with no break and 90 seconds in between circuits. I did this for 7 circuits before dropping to six reps and slower repetitions for the last three circuits.

Dips
    upright rows
    Lateral raises
    Pushups
    Incline db press

After the circuit
    3 sets of 8 reps incline flies (4010 tempo)
    3 sets of 8 reps incline skull crushers (4010 tempo)

diet
    This was spot on today
    Meal one was 4 hours post training
    2scoops whey
    200g baked beans (sauce washed off)
    200g ground beef/mince
    container of salad

meal 2
    300g ground beef/mince
    200g beans
    200g of Chobani greek yohgurt+berries + 1 scoop choc whey

in between
    100g ground beef.

Meal 3
    330g lean pork with light honey + soy sauce basting
    1/4 cup of white rice
    1 whole bellpepper/capsicum
    Carrots+peas
    1.5 scoops of whey.

Postworkout (outside eating window) 1.5 scoops xtend with added Lucien.

Im very happy with the diet today. I think it would be impossible for me to gain weight on this.
    in Simon Cowell voice :

Doc, What are you doing out there?

Average workout, poor strength, off balance, you really should not be on the stage!

I jest I jest.... Its awesome as usual, Keep killing it!....
    MEM->DCA->PHL->MEM

17. Quote Originally Posted by Invycktus View Post
    I need to read up on this, a couple of lads I work with, cant stop singing out this!
    Yeah, usually i do a routine like that with deads and squats, just because I have a tendency to hurt my self on low volume/high intensity.
    "Like" us on Facebook

18. 25/9/12

Another early morning session today. Hit the gym at 640am. with a scoop of alphamine. Ive decided one is all i can take precardio. I alternated between walking and jogging (five mins each) on a moderate incline for 45 mins, followed by some ab work. Aside from that today was a rest day.

Diet:

Meal 1
    1.5 lean pork steak
    1 can chicken light mayo,
    1/2 large can baked beans with no sauce.
    1 bell pepper

Meal 2
    1 lean pork steak
    1/2 large can baked beans (no sauce)
    1 bell pepper
    300mls liquid egg whites with 2 scoops of whey

Meal 3
    Nandos chicken wrap: I believe this had 1.5 chicken breasts (upon request) lettus, hot sauce and wholemeal wrap
    200mls liquid egg white, with 2 scoops whey +1 table spoon coco

Progress
    I started to notice my chest dividing again yesterday with a line separating high and low pecs. Today when flexed i can see three separate heads on my shoulders. I am also more vascular overall. while working out a lot of veins are appearing through my forearms and biceps.

I'm due to do the squats, dead, rows, chins and sholder presses tomorrow. Hopefully some doms will wear off overnight otherwise i will have to do a lighter session.

19. Nice progress Doc! Always nice to see the separation in the heads of the shoulder!

20. thanks Doc.

It might be because i worked them pretty hard the last few days but i'm hoping its a more permanent thing haha.

21. Quote Originally Posted by kevinhy View Post

Example

8x8 - Incline Press
    8x8 - Dips
    8x8 Dumbbell flyes

thanks for the tips Kev. I'll try it out after this week. I want to try stick to circuits so i can determine how effective they are.
    With all the compound work i'll do for my first 3 workouts this week, do you think it would be good to do some high rep cable and iso work over the whole body on the fourth day (final workout for the week) instead of more compound work? or stick to the compound lifts? I thought the high rep work might help with definition and level of striations later on.

Quote Originally Posted by funkd0c
    Looks good.. If you wanna make the circuit harder, try doing flat or incline barbell bench instead of push ups, add one more exercise to the routine, and try taking your rep range to 15-20 for each exercise. The high rep range kills. I will be doing this on my next circuit.. Keep rockin it bruh
    I'll throw bench in if i can. Thats why i was doing incline db work. everyone was using the benches last night (being monday) and i just kept everything in one area so i could move between exercises quickly. If its quiet next time i'll try add in flat bench.

22. Quote Originally Posted by funkd0c View Post
    Nice progress Doc! Always nice to see the separation in the heads of the shoulder!
    Quote Originally Posted by Docmattic View Post
    thanks Doc.

It might be because i worked them pretty hard the last few days but i'm hoping its a more permanent thing haha.
    Name:  21931d1345989108-what-alternative-gaming-happy-i-see-what-you-did-there.png
Views: 219
Size:  20.9 KB
    MEM->DCA->PHL->MEM

23. What? Naa, nothing intentional.

24. 26/9/2012

Alright so today was good. I'm fairly sure i was WAY under maintenance cals today after a hard workout. I dont know if i ate enough but i'm fairly sure i ate enough protien. It was just one of those days where i relied on shakes.

Diet
    2pm
    Chicken + salad (70g protein)
    2 scoops whey (48g protien) blended with a banana

5pm
    Met-RX RTD 51 (51 protien)
    few potato crisps (bad i know but i litterally only ate 8-10)

630pm
    2 servings of Chicken bake (40-50g protien)
    I didn't make this but i saw the girlfriend putting it together. it was chicken breast, a few vegies, high protein greek yohgurt, chicken + cream soup (or something), light cheese and shredded wholemeal wraps. the cheese and soup were not nutritionally the best, but wasnt what id consider bad overall- especially considering how little id ate the rest of the day. The majority was protein.

9pm
    Met rx RTD 51 shake.

Workout
    I missed cardio today. My legs were sore yesterday and i felt an old injury lingering in my calf shin-so i thought id have a day off of the treadmill. Basketball practice was also planned for the evening but got cancelled. So i only did weights today.

Workout was a circuit of
    Squats
    Deadlifts
    Barbell row
    Chinups
    Behind the neck seated Shoulder press

I did 7 circuits just like the other day (including two warmup sets). My heart rate at the end was about 170bpm. I managed to go up 10kg in weight for the third circuit. This was for squats and deads. I had to drop back next circuit though. I'll aim for two at this weight next time.

After the circuit i did
    3 sets of db concentration curls
    2 sets of machine preacher curls.

Again...I was exhausted. This workout is killer.
  25. Question

So do people think tomorrow (final workotu for the week) i should do the compound chest/shoulder/tri circuit tomorow or work on cables and isolation with high reps to work on definition and striations for later down the track?

26. Quote Originally Posted by Docmattic View Post
    So do people think tomorrow (final workotu for the week) i should do the compound chest/shoulder/tri circuit tomorow or work on cables and isolation with high reps to work on definition and striations for later down the track?
    With my limited knowledge and a natural liking for cables and isolated high reps I would vote for the later. Again, just a bit of a biased opinion though, not "science" by any stretch of the imagination!

Keep killing Doc!
    MEM->DCA->PHL->MEM

27. Quote Originally Posted by Docmattic View Post
    Compounds, and then do higher rep isolation work.
    "Like" us on Facebook

28. Quote Originally Posted by kevinhy
    Compounds, and then do higher rep isolation work.
    ^This

29. Hye guys,

Sorry i havn't checked-in in a few days. Between university, work and gym ive been flat out.

27/9/2012
    I had a good day and ended up doing an 8x8 workout training chest shoulders tri's
    I did
    incline db press>upright rows (8x8)
    Dips>side laterals (8x8)
    Flies>db front laterals (8x8)
    close grip bench (3x15)
    Tricep pushdowns (3x15)
    tricep cable kickbacks (3x15)
    25 mins incline treadmill work. I ran for 15 of these minutes.

Diet (spot on)
    Meal 1
    1 can of tinned chicken
    1 large can of baked beans
    2 scoops of whey

Meal 2 (post workout)
    2 scoops of whey with 1 medium banana blended in
    250g of chicken
    salad

Meal 3:
    2 rotisery chicken breasts.

30. 28/9/2012

Today was an off day. I did cardio for 45 mins first thing in the morning at 645 am burning 600 calories.
    As the day turned out with fasting and work i didnt get to eat until 330 pm. Nutritiiously my diet wasnt great today, but was definatly good calorie deficit wise

Meal 1
    1 can of chicken
    1 can of baked beans
    2 scoops of whey

Meal 2
    met rx meal replacement

Meal 3
    Rotisery chicken (everything but the breasts and skin) I ate the breasts yesterday
    Muscle milk RTD

Meal 4
    180g Chobani greek yogurt
    1 scoop of whey

I really noticed how good alphamine was today. I was energetic all day and kept going strong at work in spite of a solid cardio session and not eating. When it wore off after work i felt like **** and extremly tired-as id only eaten one meal by 6pm. But i had things to do, so i took another scoop and was back to it again. The difference was amazing!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. WATCH ME GROW....or die trying
    By gibbob2 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: 06-08-2008, 09:47 PM
  2. bC's Get RIPPED or DIE TRY'IN LOG
    By TheeBC in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-10-2008, 11:01 AM
  3. GET DIESEL OR DIE TRYIN' (sponsored) by ReaperX
    By ReaperX in forum Supplement Logs