SNS Caffeine-Free Focus-XT Mini-Review

  1. Diamond Member
    MidwestBeast's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,043
    Rep Power
    3092067
    Level
    79
    Lv. Percent
    85.88%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity Veteran

    SNS Caffeine-Free Focus-XT Mini-Review


    Shoutout to Warbird and SNS for hooking me up with this. I've been a big fan of FXT for a long time, and did a 5-month stim-free detox period, last Summer, so I've been one of the many who have been dying for this product to hit. I've used this a few times, so far, in a few different scenarios, so I'm just going to be making some notes here and there and once I'm done with the tub, I'll do a full assessment/review that is more complete.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve

  2. Diamond Member
    MidwestBeast's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,043
    Rep Power
    3092067
    Level
    79
    Lv. Percent
    85.88%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity Veteran

    The flavor is good. I'm generally not a fan of fruit punch. There are a few "fruit punch" flavors in the supplement realm that I enjoy (I tolerate most and dislike others). I'm not sure, yet, if I enjoy this, but I definitely don't dislike it. It's probably more difficult because I really, really love pink lemonade FXT. It's one of my favorite tasting supplements across the board.

    The focus/concentration effects are subtle, to me. They're not un-noticeable, but they're not something that really click on like a light bulb, either. I've tried one scoop and 2 scoops. I mixed up a 2-scoop shaker this weekend and tossed in some piracetam. The piracetam made it taste awful, but later on, that one really kicked in for me and I was up for quite a while that evening cleaning the house and getting other things done. It wasn't a stimulant energy, but just a will/drive to get it done. With the medical stuff I'm dealing with I won't say I'm unmotivated, but I don't get those huge surges of energy as much as I used to, so this was very welcomed and even though it was late, I wasn't going to ignore it.

    I had a Max-OT arm session, yesterday that has left me with some absolutely miserable DOMS, today. I just mixed up 2 scoops along with 4 scoops of the original lemon-lime Xtend a couple hours ago and it tasted quite good. I generally take in 2g ALCAR, 1g Tyrosine and 1g Choline citrate (pre-workout or in the evening on off days) on a daily basis, anyway, so on occasion, I've let 2 scoops of caffeine-free FXT suffice for that.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  3. New Member
    deh707's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    71
    Rep Power
    8632
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    95.04%

    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    The flavor is good. I'm generally not a fan of fruit punch. There are a few "fruit punch" flavors in the supplement realm that I enjoy (I tolerate most and dislike others). I'm not sure, yet, if I enjoy this, but I definitely don't dislike it. It's probably more difficult because I really, really love pink lemonade FXT. It's one of my favorite tasting supplements across the board.

    The focus/concentration effects are subtle, to me. They're not un-noticeable, but they're not something that really click on like a light bulb, either. I've tried one scoop and 2 scoops. I mixed up a 2-scoop shaker this weekend and tossed in some piracetam. The piracetam made it taste awful, but later on, that one really kicked in for me and I was up for quite a while that evening cleaning the house and getting other things done. It wasn't a stimulant energy, but just a will/drive to get it done. With the medical stuff I'm dealing with I won't say I'm unmotivated, but I don't get those huge surges of energy as much as I used to, so this was very welcomed and even though it was late, I wasn't going to ignore it.

    I had a Max-OT arm session, yesterday that has left me with some absolutely miserable DOMS, today. I just mixed up 2 scoops along with 4 scoops of the original lemon-lime Xtend a couple hours ago and it tasted quite good. I generally take in 2g ALCAR, 1g Tyrosine and 1g Choline citrate (pre-workout or in the evening on off days) on a daily basis, anyway, so on occasion, I've let 2 scoops of caffeine-free FXT suffice for that.

    How much piracetam did you add?
    •   
       

  4. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,539
    Rep Power
    6137603
    Level
    96
    Lv. Percent
    76.78%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Damn dude you're an animal. 2 scoops of the stim-free would be entirely too much for me lol
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  5. Diamond Member
    MidwestBeast's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,043
    Rep Power
    3092067
    Level
    79
    Lv. Percent
    85.88%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by deh707 View Post
    How much piracetam did you add?
    5 scoops from the NP 700g container. It doesn't list how big the scoop is, but says 1500mg serving size, though when you look at the scoop size vs. number of servings, there's no way that scoop is supposed to be 1500mg, so maybe 500mg? I don't use the piracetam often and I've typically only used a scoop or 2 in the past, IIRC, so I just kind of winged it. It was a Sunday, so I was just hanging out.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  6. Diamond Member
    MidwestBeast's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,043
    Rep Power
    3092067
    Level
    79
    Lv. Percent
    85.88%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Damn dude you're an animal. 2 scoops of the stim-free would be entirely too much for me lol
    I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not...lol

    I'm leaning toward sarcasm, being that it's stim free, but I want to know if I'm missing something here.

    I semi-regularly will use 2 scoops of the regular FXT.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  7. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,539
    Rep Power
    6137603
    Level
    96
    Lv. Percent
    76.78%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not...lol

    I'm leaning toward sarcasm, being that it's stim free, but I want to know if I'm missing something here.

    I semi-regularly will use 2 scoops of the regular FXT.
    Not sarcastic. Using heavy doses of choline can induce lethargy or headaches. Now 2 scoops of OG Focus XT...400mg caffeine + all that. Yikes! 1/2-1 scoop suffices for me
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  8. Diamond Member
    MidwestBeast's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,043
    Rep Power
    3092067
    Level
    79
    Lv. Percent
    85.88%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Not sarcastic. Using heavy doses of choline can induce lethargy or headaches. Now 2 scoops of OG Focus XT...400mg caffeine + all that. Yikes! 1/2-1 scoop suffices for me
    This is what leads me to believe that there's definitely something going on medically. Stimulants (even after the 5 month break) still don't even feel like they used to.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  9. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,539
    Rep Power
    6137603
    Level
    96
    Lv. Percent
    76.78%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    This is what leads me to believe that there's definitely something going on medically. Stimulants (even after the 5 month break) still don't even feel like they used to.
    So you think your medical issues may be CNS-related? it could just be tolerance
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  10. Diamond Member
    MidwestBeast's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,043
    Rep Power
    3092067
    Level
    79
    Lv. Percent
    85.88%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    So you think your medical issues may be CNS-related? it could just be tolerance
    I'm leaning toward the main issue being either genetic or cellular (possible problem with energy expenditure which would explain gaining weight at 500cal per day lol and also the lower body temp I have on average and being able to take 100mcg T3 for 10 weeks and not lose a pound -- since receptor issues were effectively ruled out by finding cortisol levels are normal, etc.). However, I've wondered about a CNS issue just because of how things have gone and being able to go 5 months with no stims whatsoever and then taking them again to not feel much; especially when people can take a month off and feel them kick in hard when they start back up.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  11. Professional Member
    warbird01's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  224 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,500
    Rep Power
    612744
    Level
    49
    Lv. Percent
    58.35%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    holy balls, you took 5 weeks of stims?! HOW?!

    Sorry im late to the party, subbed
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-GELS THE Prohormone alternative!
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/246394-arachidonic-acid-help.html
  12. Diamond Member
    MidwestBeast's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,043
    Rep Power
    3092067
    Level
    79
    Lv. Percent
    85.88%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by warbird01 View Post
    holy balls, you took 5 weeks of stims?! HOW?!

    Sorry im late to the party, subbed
    5 months

    lol

    And the first 10-14 days suck, but after that I feel pretty good. I just forced myself to stay away from them because I told myself it was important.

    Now that I'm back on them, I definitely have more of the dependency. I should probably just force myself into another break, but I really enjoy a scoop or two of FXT (OG) for a long day in the office or combined with some cit mal (currently using Hemavol) pre-workout.



    Haven't had the stim-free FXT for a few days, as I've been coddling myself with the OG version lol. I'll probably get some of the new stuff in over the weekend while I do some work and don't want the caffeine in the evening.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  13. Professional Member
    warbird01's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  224 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,500
    Rep Power
    612744
    Level
    49
    Lv. Percent
    58.35%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Oops, meant 5 months. I don't think i could get through a work day without coffee. Actually I know I couldn't.

    Hmm...maybe I should try to get off stims by replacing it with Stim Free focus xt. one addiction for another lmao
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-GELS THE Prohormone alternative!
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/246394-arachidonic-acid-help.html
  14. Diamond Member
    MidwestBeast's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,043
    Rep Power
    3092067
    Level
    79
    Lv. Percent
    85.88%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by warbird01 View Post
    Oops, meant 5 months. I don't think i could get through a work day without coffee. Actually I know I couldn't.

    Hmm...maybe I should try to get off stims by replacing it with Stim Free focus xt. one addiction for another lmao
    Like I said, the first 10-14 days (for me, the few times I've done this) are the hardest because you really feel the lethargy and then the headaches (withdrawal symptoms). I never get headaches, so this is a rough stretch for me. I generally run Revamp for at least the first month of a detox, though, so it helps a bit. I imagine the stim-free FXT would help, as well.

    But once I get over that hump of the withdrawal symptoms, I've always felt great and energy has been much better. The only rough part is after a long work day, you don't get the same kick out of a stim-free pre-workout when you want to fall on that as a crutch, ya know?
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  15. Sponsor
    mw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,813
    Rep Power
    3373713
    Level
    77
    Lv. Percent
    20.78%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Not sarcastic. Using heavy doses of choline can induce lethargy or headaches. Now 2 scoops of OG Focus XT...400mg caffeine + all that. Yikes! 1/2-1 scoop suffices for me
    I've experineced those headaches playing with different dosages of Choline with Ultima...was not fun

    Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

    mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    snsgamers.com
  16. Diamond Member
    MidwestBeast's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,043
    Rep Power
    3092067
    Level
    79
    Lv. Percent
    85.88%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity Veteran

    Not gonna lie, still digging the OG FXT more. For both that mild amount of caffeine, as well as the flavor. The fruit punch is good, but I just love the original flavors so much. I'm sipping on some OG blue raspberry, right now.

    I'll be busting out the new caffeine-free version much more in the upcoming evenings, though, so I'll report whatever I notice.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  17. Professional Member
    warbird01's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  224 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,500
    Rep Power
    612744
    Level
    49
    Lv. Percent
    58.35%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    Like I said, the first 10-14 days (for me, the few times I've done this) are the hardest because you really feel the lethargy and then the headaches (withdrawal symptoms). I never get headaches, so this is a rough stretch for me. I generally run Revamp for at least the first month of a detox, though, so it helps a bit. I imagine the stim-free FXT would help, as well.

    But once I get over that hump of the withdrawal symptoms, I've always felt great and energy has been much better. The only rough part is after a long work day, you don't get the same kick out of a stim-free pre-workout when you want to fall on that as a crutch, ya know?
    Havn't been online all week, my bad.

    What is Revamp?

    Yeah man, after work, getting to the gym is a hard task. Idk what I would do without my stims. I think I am going to try to take a monthn off stims starting in Oct...wish me luck!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-GELS THE Prohormone alternative!
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/246394-arachidonic-acid-help.html
  18. Professional Member
    warbird01's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  224 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,500
    Rep Power
    612744
    Level
    49
    Lv. Percent
    58.35%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    Not gonna lie, still digging the OG FXT more. For both that mild amount of caffeine, as well as the flavor. The fruit punch is good, but I just love the original flavors so much. I'm sipping on some OG blue raspberry, right now.

    I'll be busting out the new caffeine-free version much more in the upcoming evenings, though, so I'll report whatever I notice.
    Blue Raz is some good **** for sure. IMO all the FXT flavors are amazing. Pink lemonade is my least favorite though. I rotate between blue raz and pina colada.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-GELS THE Prohormone alternative!
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/246394-arachidonic-acid-help.html
  19. Professional Member
    warbird01's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  224 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,500
    Rep Power
    612744
    Level
    49
    Lv. Percent
    58.35%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    looking forward to your final review bro.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-GELS THE Prohormone alternative!
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/246394-arachidonic-acid-help.html
  20. Diamond Member
    MidwestBeast's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,043
    Rep Power
    3092067
    Level
    79
    Lv. Percent
    85.88%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by warbird01 View Post
    looking forward to your final review bro.
    For sure. It sadly will include a part where I can't bring myself to stop drinking the original version, too lol.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  21. Professional Member
    warbird01's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  224 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,500
    Rep Power
    612744
    Level
    49
    Lv. Percent
    58.35%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Did you put a final review up yet?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-GELS THE Prohormone alternative!
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/246394-arachidonic-acid-help.html
  22. Diamond Member
    MidwestBeast's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,043
    Rep Power
    3092067
    Level
    79
    Lv. Percent
    85.88%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by warbird01
    Did you put a final review up yet?
    Gonna toss it up tomorrow, bro. I actually still have a little left, since I've been using OG more often, but I definitely know enough to wrap up the review.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  23. Professional Member
    warbird01's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  224 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,500
    Rep Power
    612744
    Level
    49
    Lv. Percent
    58.35%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    Gonna toss it up tomorrow, bro. I actually still have a little left, since I've been using OG more often, but I definitely know enough to wrap up the review.
    Sweet. Not trying to get on you or anything, just hard to keep track of all my reviews haha.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-GELS THE Prohormone alternative!
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/246394-arachidonic-acid-help.html
  24. Diamond Member
    MidwestBeast's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,043
    Rep Power
    3092067
    Level
    79
    Lv. Percent
    85.88%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by warbird01 View Post
    Sweet. Not trying to get on you or anything, just hard to keep track of all my reviews haha.
    lol I can imagine, bro.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  25. Diamond Member
    MidwestBeast's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,043
    Rep Power
    3092067
    Level
    79
    Lv. Percent
    85.88%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity Veteran

    Final Review:



    Taste: 8/10

    I'm just not a huge fan of fruit punch flavored supplements. As far as they go, though, this one is pretty good. The OG pink lemonade FXT is like crack cocaine to me; I seriously can't get enough of that flavor, so that's why this is an 8, because that pink lemonade sets the bar as a 10.

    Mixability: 9/10

    This mixes up very well. It doesn't leave a ton in the shaker after you drink it, but there is a little bit remaining, so that's the only reason it doesn't get a 10 (not many things would).

    Effect: 9/10

    You still get some nice focus effects from the blend of ingredients, which is to be expected. The lack of caffeine doesn't make this an inferior product.

    Overall: 9/10

    I'm still a sucker for caffeine and the flavors, so OG FXT will always be number one in my heart, but this is a great product. I really hope that SNS plans to crank out more flavors in the future, because I think that may influence me to use it more often. It's definitely something that I like to use for studying and it's nice when it's later in the evening, if I'm trying to avoid stims, or if I've already had a pre-workout earlier in the day and don't want more caffeine.

    Another stellar addition to your product line, SNS.




    Thank you to both SNS and warbird01 for the chance to try this.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. 2 days of using SNS Caffeine Free Focus XT
    By deh707 in forum Serious Nutrition Solutions
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 09-11-2012, 03:56 AM
  2. SNS caffeine free focus XT and SNS inhibit P at NP?
    By horizons in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-30-2012, 12:21 PM
  3. Caffeine-free Focus XT?
    By obvious in forum Serious Nutrition Solutions
    Replies: 289
    Last Post: 08-20-2012, 11:03 AM
  4. Focus XT Mini Review!
    By baldwanus in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-13-2011, 01:57 AM
  5. Focus XT mini review
    By SweetLou321 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-22-2011, 03:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in