SNS sponsored LOG: Focus XT + Agmatine

FitModel

FitModel

Awards
  • Established
I was chosen by Serious Nutrition Solutions for this sponsored Log (Thanks SNS!)

The products I chose were:

Focus XT (preworkout)

• Improved Mental Focus, Concentration, Clarity, and Alertness*
  • Improved Mental Performance, Memory, & Cognitive Function*
  • Maximized Energy Levels*
  • Improved Stress Levels*
  • Improved Athletic Endurance, Drive, and Motivation*
  • Improved Ability to Train More Intensely for Longer Durations of Time*
  • Improved Sense of Well Being*
  • Pre-Workout or Pre-Athletic Energy and Focus*
  • Improved Mind-Muscle Connection*
  • Combating Overtraining Syndrome*
  • Increased Fat Burning During Exercise*

Agmatine (NO/pump enhancer. Vasolodator)

• Increased Nitric Oxide Syntheses
  • Inhibit NO Synthase (the enzyme responsible for NO breakdown)
  • Stimulation of L.H. (Luteinizing Hormone) & G.H. (Growth Hormone) Levels
  • Promote a Healthy & Positive Mood (Anti-Anxiety & Antidepressant Properties)
  • Promote Nutrient Delivery to Muscle Cells
  • Supports Overall Anabolic Environment
  • Enhanced Insulin Response
  • Neuroprotective Support
  • Cardiovascular Health
  • Antioxidant Role
I started with 1 scoop of each: 12g of Focus XT + 1,000g of Agmatine.

Mix-ability: 5
Taste: 4 out of 5
Kick-in: About 15-20 minutes
Length of effects: 90-120 minutes

keep in mind the Agmatine is unflavored and it tasted fine mixed with the Focus XT, so I'm betting the Focus will taste 5 out of 5 on it's own, I will try that one time. (I just love the pump I get from Agmatine)

First use I did on a Friday night Leg action. I had to wait for a weekend night just in case the stim's kept me up to late, I always workout in the evening around 645. My workouts right now are about an hour (including warm up), followed by 15 minutes of ABS and 30 minutes of cardio, So roughly 645-830.
Leg nights probably take a little longer especially if I have training partners, sometimes I don't leave the gym till 9pm.

Workout went well, I like 1 scoop but I may increase to about 1.5 scoops next time I use on a weekend night, my stim tolerance is increasing due to using more caffeine and whatnot during the day. Like I said above it took about 15-20 minutes to kick in, it was a gradual kick in, not like a 1,3 product. The pump took a little longer, maybe 30 minutes but it hit hard, I don't really like a huge pump during leg training so I might leave out the Agmatine next leg workout and see the difference.

My Focus was definitely increased. My intensity was about the same (my workouts are typically very intense). Pump was definitely increased, vascularity was more noticeable, might have been a little stronger, hard to tell since I am dieting. Energy was increased. Overall I liked the stack.

I am looking forward to doing this same stack 1 scoop of each for tonight workout. Back/Bis/Traps/Abs/Cardio. I enjoy a massive pump on back/bi day. So I'll report back tomorrow.

Thanks for reading.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks for getting this up! You are going to love this stack! :)

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Looking good so far, I didn't notice if you posted the flavor, what flavor do you have?

I can agree with you that Agmatine pumps can be a bit too much on days when I squat/deadlift.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
They feel good though man. Don't lift so heavy amirite?

FitModel

FitModel

Awards
  • Established
Use the stack again last night for my 2+ hours workout. 1 scoop Focux + 1 scoop Agmatine.

Workout was as follow:
Chest:
Include db 3x12
Include bb 3x12
Include db flyys 3x12
Sholders:
db overhead press 4x12,10,8,8
Upright row 3x10
Side raises 3x12
Front raises 3x12
Rear 3x12
Abs:
Weight Leg raises 4x12 with 30lbs db
Twisting bodyweight Crunches on ball 4x15 (each side)
Side bends with 45lb plate 4x15 (each side)
Rope crunches 3x20
Rope oblique crunches 2x20

Cardo 30 minues HIIT elliptical.

I was drained during and after this workout due to a long week + reduced carbs. The Focus XT really helped me stay focused and motivated despite my body wanting to rest. I had a good pump the entire time and it maintained till even after cardio, took a good 20 minutes for my legs to settle down, and I was only doing elliptical which (for me) isn't that intense.

I really do like the effects of the Focus XT, it's a steady, clean energy. And the Agmatine was awesome also, I prefer it on upperbody workout days such as this was. I probably won't use it on a leg day, but for upper body it's great and my pump looks and feels good.

Next time I'll probably try 1.5 scoop of Focus and no Agmatine, just for testing purposes.

FitModel

FitModel

Awards
  • Established
I came down with a little flu/cold so I've been MIA.

This morning I was feeling better and decided to get back at it with some fasted AM cardio then abs! from 5-6am

I did 30 minutes of HIIT followed by about 20-25 minuts of ABs circuit.

Prior to the gym I dosed 1 scoop of Focus with 10g BCAA.

Hit me quick and hard, due to the empty stomach, felt the Focus within about 10 minutes.

Definitely helped me through my workout and definitely woke me up. I really liked the supplement for this purpose. Perfect amount of caffein and the other ingridients seemed to be enhacned also (due to emply stomach I would imagine, or perhaps a few days on LOW stims)

Either way it was a successful workout and I would highly recommend Focus XT in the morning for empty stomach cardio + Abs. great idea.

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Focus XT on an empty stomach is definitely nice, I've been doing caffeine free in the AM fasted for classes.

Glad to hear you're doing better.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
How is the stack treating you man?

FitModel

FitModel

Awards
  • Established
The stack continues to be a success. The Perfect combo for me on weight training days is 1.5 scoop focus + 1 scoop agmatine.
On cardio/ab days I prefer 1 scoop focus no agmatine.

This is definitly a stack I will be using a lot of in the future and recommending it to everyone!

I gained a few quality lbs of muscle and ended up burning some fat also! The stack combined w my diet and trained really worked out well.

I'm looking forward to trying the stim free focus for my month while I am doing a no stim 30 day cleanse!

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
The stack continues to be a success. The Perfect combo for me on weight training days is 1.5 scoop focus + 1 scoop agmatine.
On cardio/ab days I prefer 1 scoop focus no agmatine.

This is definitly a stack I will be using a lot of in the future and recommending it to everyone!

I gained a few quality lbs of muscle and ended up burning some fat also! The stack combined w my diet and trained really worked out well.

I'm looking forward to trying the stim free focus for my month while I am doing a no stim 30 day cleanse!
Sounds great man, keep up the good work.