Nitrate Review

1. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Nitrate Review

With all the new nitrate products out it is hard to assess the individual nitrate active for it's efficacy. In the past I have used a few products that had creatine nitrate as well as agmatine and citrulline malate. So being the analytical mind that I am I decided to procure myself some nitrate in the form of food grade potassium nitrate (61% nitrate) in order to conduct myself a little assessment.

Here is my brief review:

I have dosed it incrementally from 500mg, 750mg and 1000mg NO3 without any adverse effects. I do notice a bit of a mild head ache and very light breathlessness later in the day when dosed at 1000mg.

I consume 1000mg of NO3 on an empty stomach about 45 mins before I enter the gym. I dosed it with 25mg E-hcl and 16oz of strong black coffee and 500mg Vit C. I consume 15g of Modern BCAA in 24oz of H2O (50% consumed on the 15 min drive to the gym and dilute down the rest intra workout).

In the weight room Pros:

My intra-set recovery is dramatically improved.

My endurance is insane - when performing GVT style workout I simply could not drop a rep, once plateaued, set after set - 10,9,8,7,6,6,6,6,.....

Stamina - I had to force myself to leave the gym - late to work several times over the last few week.

In the weight room Cons:

It needs to be consumed at least an hour before training IMO. I notice the stamina/endurance hitting me mid workout. For me this is a detriment as I will never get out of there in under 2 hrs

It is not producing a great deal of pump during or after workout but it does produce quite a bit of vascularity. Then again my arms already have some garden hoses so it may just be me getting leaner. I do believe that the creatine in creatine nitrate and/or citrulline malate and/or agmatine in some of the other products I have used was responsible for the dramatic pumps IMO.

On the ball field:

I play baseball (hardball) and am a catcher. Just last night I used the same protocol of 1000mg with 12.5mg E-hcl, 500mg Vit. C and 16oz of black coffee a full 1.5 hrs before my game start time. It's very hot in AZ and it is monsoon season.

I was a machine - my stamina and endurance were insane. My previously more winded games were gone and replaced with a dramatic improvement in my cardio/oxygen intake and capacity. It was as if I felt like I had an edge above and beyond my normal more-fit-than-most-47yo-guys shape.

I will definitely use it again before games and when used in the gym I will try to take it at least an hour before training.

Now I'll be back to my analysis with the titrated additions of individual things like citrulline (maybe or maybe not malate) and agmatine etc.

Thanks for the time guys

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.72%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Very interesting and informative...thank you Dunn for all the detail
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.12%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

awesome!
    SNS Online Representative
    Maxximal @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

Got Glycophase ...?

•   

4. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

The continuing saga...

My new formulation (30 servings):

Name:  untitled.JPG
Views: 353
Size:  18.2 KB
  5. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.34%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

would like to see how 3gms of nitrate treats you....this is around the amount in aps's cn which i had such great results from.
    BPS REP-DERMACRINE/ENDOSURGE TURBO/ELIMISTANE/MACAPRO....COMBUSTION/DCP 2.0/ADRENOSURGE
  6. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    would like to see how 3gms of nitrate treats you....this is around the amount in aps's cn which i had such great results from.
    3grams of CN equates to about 1/3 nitrate or 1g nitrates. I dosed my KNO3 to equate to 1g of nitrates.
  7. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.34%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    3grams of CN equates to about 1/3 nitrate or 1g nitrates. I dosed my KNO3 to equate to 1g of nitrates.
    should have known you had researched it, lol.....but remember a bunch of us were double dosing the cn..i think milas even went as high as 8 caps plus whatever amount is in mesomorph!!! i know we both had some kickass results!!!

anyways, glad to see you are getting good results, your formula looks very nice!!!
    BPS REP-DERMACRINE/ENDOSURGE TURBO/ELIMISTANE/MACAPRO....COMBUSTION/DCP 2.0/ADRENOSURGE
  8. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Final Formula:

Views: 660
Size:  19.5 KB

Consumed with ~200mg caffeine.

Pleased
  9. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.34%

Final Formula:

Pleased
    lol....i would have went with 300mg caffeine, but looks good....when you gonna market this?
  10. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Soon...
  11. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.82%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Soon...
    Anabolic Minds own brand supplement line?
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  12. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Trademark notifcation:

Citrulline Agmatine Nitrate™ - CAN™

Workout in a CAN™
    Pump in a CAN™
    Performance in a CAN™
    Endurance in a CAN™
    Yes I CAN™

I bumped my caffeine to 320mg with half a cup of coffee. Obviously an increaed stimulant effect. Keep in mind that that is not what I am looking to assess.

Pumps are good. I have an overall full muscle feeling throughout the day. I know from anecdotal feedback on agmatine that this can be cumulative so we will see how I feel in a week or more of use.
  13. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.34%

at least for me nitrates effects are cumulative too.
  14. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.84%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Trademark notifcation:

Citrulline Agmatine Nitrate™ - CAN™

Workout in a CAN™
    Pump in a CAN™
    Performance in a CAN™
    Endurance in a CAN™
    Yes I CAN™

I bumped my caffeine to 320mg with half a cup of coffee. Obviously an increaed stimulant effect. Keep in mind that that is not what I am looking to assess.

Pumps are good. I have an overall full muscle feeling throughout the day. I know from anecdotal feedback on agmatine that this can be cumulative so we will see how I feel in a week or more of use.
    First of all, thank you.

I am supplementing with Beet Root powder, for the very same reason; however, I can't imagine how beneficial the food grade potassium nitrate must be.

Other than the cons mentioned above, are there any other downsides you've experienced?
  15. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    First of all, thank you.

I am supplementing with Beet Root powder, for the very same reason; however, I can't imagine how beneficial the food grade potassium nitrate must be.

Other than the cons mentioned above, are there any other downsides you've experienced?
    The thing I prefer about the food grade powder is that I can measure and quantify the amount of NO3 I ingest. KNO3 is 61% NO3. Do you have a standardized extract for nitrate content of your beet root powder?

When you say "I can't imagine how beneficial the food grade potassium nitrate must be" are you suggesting that you have some reservations regarding it's use or curiosity regarding the benefits?

I have experienced no negatives sides to mention that I have noticed. Initially I did experience some mild lightheadedness and headache but it has since dissipated over time. I may have benefited in a reduction of blood pressure although it is speculation, as I have coincidentally increased my cardio output simultaneous to the start of my nitrate use.
  16. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.84%

My responses:

The thing I prefer about the food grade powder is that I can measure and quantify the amount of NO3 I ingest. KNO3 is 61% NO3. Do you have a standardized extract for nitrate content of your beet root powder? No, I purchased an organic product through Mountain Rose Herbs. It isn't standardized.

When you say "I can't imagine how beneficial the food grade potassium nitrate must be" are you suggesting that you have some reservations regarding it's use or curiosity regarding the benefits? No, I have no reservation whatsoever. Once I read your post, I looked for online sources of food grade potassium nitrate. And, yes -- I would be curious to see its benefits (and would welcome them).

I have experienced no negatives sides to mention that I have noticed. Initially I did experience some mild lightheadedness and headache but it has since dissipated over time. I may have benefited in a reduction of blood pressure although it is speculation, as I have coincidentally increased my cardio output simultaneous to the start of my nitrate use.

[FWIW, I have been taking the beet root powder with the same additional supplements I would when taking TMG (folic acid, B6, methyl B12, NAC, methionine). I also mix in bulk maca with the beet root powder.]
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.7%

Thank you David! Nice review. Really appreciate the info
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.02%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Final Formula:

Pleased
    I like this a lot. I would roll it with 2 combustion or in a pinch a caffeine pill; how does that taste?
    If my direct and cynical approach bothers you, just ignore it. I'm just saying what you need to hear ;).
  19. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Ive been using throw value brand flavored energy drink with caffeine for flsvorand caffeine. Tastes ok.
  20. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.84%

David,

In your mix, you are using 200 grams L-Citrulline, not Citrulline Malate, correct?

In your opinion, how would it differ if one were to substitute 300 grams Citrulline Malate (2:1) instead of 200 grams L-Citrulline?

Thanks

Similar Forum Threads

1. Movie Review: City of Gods
    By labrad in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-18-2003, 03:29 PM
  2. Making 4-ad cyp inj -- please review my approach
    By RVEXLER in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-02-2003, 12:51 PM
  3. Portable Music Player Reviews...
    By BigVrunga in forum General Chat