Nitrate Review

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
With all the new nitrate products out it is hard to assess the individual nitrate active for it's efficacy. In the past I have used a few products that had creatine nitrate as well as agmatine and citrulline malate. So being the analytical mind that I am I decided to procure myself some nitrate in the form of food grade potassium nitrate (61% nitrate) in order to conduct myself a little assessment.

Here is my brief review:

I have dosed it incrementally from 500mg, 750mg and 1000mg NO3 without any adverse effects. I do notice a bit of a mild head ache and very light breathlessness later in the day when dosed at 1000mg.

I consume 1000mg of NO3 on an empty stomach about 45 mins before I enter the gym. I dosed it with 25mg E-hcl and 16oz of strong black coffee and 500mg Vit C. I consume 15g of Modern BCAA in 24oz of H2O (50% consumed on the 15 min drive to the gym and dilute down the rest intra workout).

In the weight room Pros:

My intra-set recovery is dramatically improved.

My endurance is insane - when performing GVT style workout I simply could not drop a rep, once plateaued, set after set - 10,9,8,7,6,6,6,6,.....

Stamina - I had to force myself to leave the gym - late to work several times over the last few week.

In the weight room Cons:

It needs to be consumed at least an hour before training IMO. I notice the stamina/endurance hitting me mid workout. For me this is a detriment as I will never get out of there in under 2 hrs ;)

It is not producing a great deal of pump during or after workout but it does produce quite a bit of vascularity. Then again my arms already have some garden hoses so it may just be me getting leaner. I do believe that the creatine in creatine nitrate and/or citrulline malate and/or agmatine in some of the other products I have used was responsible for the dramatic pumps IMO.

On the ball field:

I play baseball (hardball) and am a catcher. Just last night I used the same protocol of 1000mg with 12.5mg E-hcl, 500mg Vit. C and 16oz of black coffee a full 1.5 hrs before my game start time. It's very hot in AZ and it is monsoon season.

I was a machine - my stamina and endurance were insane. My previously more winded games were gone and replaced with a dramatic improvement in my cardio/oxygen intake and capacity. It was as if I felt like I had an edge above and beyond my normal more-fit-than-most-47yo-guys shape.

I will definitely use it again before games and when used in the gym I will try to take it at least an hour before training.

Now I'll be back to my analysis with the titrated additions of individual things like citrulline (maybe or maybe not malate) and agmatine etc.

Thanks for the time guys :)

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very interesting and informative...thank you Dunn for all the detail

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The continuing saga...

My new formulation (30 servings):

untitled.JPG

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
would like to see how 3gms of nitrate treats you....this is around the amount in aps's cn which i had such great results from.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
would like to see how 3gms of nitrate treats you....this is around the amount in aps's cn which i had such great results from.
3grams of CN equates to about 1/3 nitrate or 1g nitrates. I dosed my KNO3 to equate to 1g of nitrates.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
3grams of CN equates to about 1/3 nitrate or 1g nitrates. I dosed my KNO3 to equate to 1g of nitrates.
should have known you had researched it, lol.....but remember a bunch of us were double dosing the cn..i think milas even went as high as 8 caps plus whatever amount is in mesomorph!!! i know we both had some kickass results!!!

anyways, glad to see you are getting good results, your formula looks very nice!!!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Final Formula:

untitled.JPG

Consumed with ~200mg caffeine.

Pleased :)

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Trademark notifcation:

Citrulline Agmatine Nitrate™ - CAN™

Workout in a CAN™
Pump in a CAN™
Performance in a CAN™
Endurance in a CAN™
Yes I CAN™

:)

I bumped my caffeine to 320mg with half a cup of coffee. Obviously an increaed stimulant effect. Keep in mind that that is not what I am looking to assess.

Pumps are good. I have an overall full muscle feeling throughout the day. I know from anecdotal feedback on agmatine that this can be cumulative so we will see how I feel in a week or more of use.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
at least for me nitrates effects are cumulative too.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Trademark notifcation:

Citrulline Agmatine Nitrate™ - CAN™

Workout in a CAN™
Pump in a CAN™
Performance in a CAN™
Endurance in a CAN™
Yes I CAN™

:)

I bumped my caffeine to 320mg with half a cup of coffee. Obviously an increaed stimulant effect. Keep in mind that that is not what I am looking to assess.

Pumps are good. I have an overall full muscle feeling throughout the day. I know from anecdotal feedback on agmatine that this can be cumulative so we will see how I feel in a week or more of use.
First of all, thank you.

I am supplementing with Beet Root powder, for the very same reason; however, I can't imagine how beneficial the food grade potassium nitrate must be.

Other than the cons mentioned above, are there any other downsides you've experienced?

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First of all, thank you.

I am supplementing with Beet Root powder, for the very same reason; however, I can't imagine how beneficial the food grade potassium nitrate must be.

Other than the cons mentioned above, are there any other downsides you've experienced?
The thing I prefer about the food grade powder is that I can measure and quantify the amount of NO3 I ingest. KNO3 is 61% NO3. Do you have a standardized extract for nitrate content of your beet root powder?

When you say "I can't imagine how beneficial the food grade potassium nitrate must be" are you suggesting that you have some reservations regarding it's use or curiosity regarding the benefits?

I have experienced no negatives sides to mention that I have noticed. Initially I did experience some mild lightheadedness and headache but it has since dissipated over time. I may have benefited in a reduction of blood pressure although it is speculation, as I have coincidentally increased my cardio output simultaneous to the start of my nitrate use.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My responses:

The thing I prefer about the food grade powder is that I can measure and quantify the amount of NO3 I ingest. KNO3 is 61% NO3. Do you have a standardized extract for nitrate content of your beet root powder? No, I purchased an organic product through Mountain Rose Herbs. It isn't standardized.

When you say "I can't imagine how beneficial the food grade potassium nitrate must be" are you suggesting that you have some reservations regarding it's use or curiosity regarding the benefits? No, I have no reservation whatsoever. Once I read your post, I looked for online sources of food grade potassium nitrate. And, yes -- I would be curious to see its benefits (and would welcome them).

I have experienced no negatives sides to mention that I have noticed. Initially I did experience some mild lightheadedness and headache but it has since dissipated over time. I may have benefited in a reduction of blood pressure although it is speculation, as I have coincidentally increased my cardio output simultaneous to the start of my nitrate use.

[FWIW, I have been taking the beet root powder with the same additional supplements I would when taking TMG (folic acid, B6, methyl B12, NAC, methionine). I also mix in bulk maca with the beet root powder.]

funkd0c

funkd0c

Awards
  • Established
Thank you David! Nice review. Really appreciate the info

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ive been using throw value brand flavored energy drink with caffeine for flsvorand caffeine. Tastes ok.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
David,

In your mix, you are using 200 grams L-Citrulline, not Citrulline Malate, correct?

In your opinion, how would it differ if one were to substitute 300 grams Citrulline Malate (2:1) instead of 200 grams L-Citrulline?

Thanks