The Road Back to Diesel with Purus Labs ConDense

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Purus Labs Condense™ with patent-pending Nitratene™

Condense™ is a novel approach to preworkout performance-enhancement designed to expand performance capacity, utilizing patent-pending nutrient technology and peer-reviewed, human- validated, orally efficacious dosages, rather than merely and temporarily increase acute performance as with most short-sighted, stimulant-laden products currently on the market. Purus Labs® has revolutionized the preworkout category, once again, by actually achieving what other companies only claim: that is, eliciting extreme vasodilation through truly enhancing endogenous nitric oxide production. This, in turn, causes a cascade of welcomed anabolic and physiologically enhancing benefits to athletes of all cloth through enhancing blood-flow, heightening substrate utilization (i.e. better nutrient absorption), preserving ATP stores, propelling oxygen delivery to myocapillaries, and reducing overall exercise oxygen cost allowing you to handle greater workloads (e.g. more weight) and exercise longer before exhaustion (e.g. more reps) .

Lifting History

I have been lifting consistently for the past 10-11 years and have done competitive powerlifting for the past 5. While prepping for a meet that was taking place last Novemeber, I had a Grade 2 sprain of my left AC Joint. I continued training as I was approaching my 600 raw deadlift goal and severely reinjured 2 bad disks. I was out of the game until March when I bagan doing whatever lifts I could such as light arms, rows, light legs etc. Nothing vertical, no pressing, and no heavy legs. As of right now, I am finally getting back to being normal. My back has healed up nicely and my shoulder has drastically improved. I have now been able to do some benching and vertical movements such as pull ups for the past month or so.

Goals While Logging ConDense

My goal while logging ConDense is to not only reach my previous PR's, but also to surpass as many of them as possible. That may be difficult with bench, military, etc. as I am taking it slow to recover for those but I believe it should be doable for Squats, deadlifts, rows, etc.

Previous PRs

Bench: 225x25, 285x12, 315x6, 365x1 with a pause (Raw)
Deadlift: 525x2 or 3, 555x1 (Raw)
Squat: 495 competition, 502 gym (both with loose one ply briefs and knee wraps)
Military: 225 strict

Current Stats and Lifts:

Weight: 202
Height: 5'10"

Bench: 185x20
Deadlift: I would say around 500
Squat: low 400s
Military: No idea

Logging will begin as soon as I receive the product. Can't wait to start ripping the gym to pieces.

[video=youtube;k7Ja_7lwfrg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7Ja_7lwfrg[/video]

bigguyn10ec

bigguyn10ec

Awards
  • Established
So I guess I will sub in this.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
In and ready :)

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
:wave2:

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks again to Purus for the oppurtunity. Today is bench work so it should give me a good idea of a starting point.

Motivation for bench day:

[video=youtube;cGIPKxYIFJU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGIPKxYIFJU[/video]

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I had nothing @ all to do with it. ;) :p
Haha sorry definitely tons of props to AaronJP1. Awesome rep and awesome promo. I do not know of another promo that has been as generous as this one.

If you want to be extra generous you can send me new work shirts when I blow the seams on these

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks like another Purus show! Let's see Condense get your groove back.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Decided to delay my bench workout until last night so that I could lift with my older brother. At 39 he still hits 405 for a few on bench so it motivates me to get back healed and strong. I am taking it pretty easy on my shoulder for now since this was only my third bench day back from my injury. Lighter volume and weight at first and slowly increasing both as the weeks pass. This should give me a good starting point to base my log off of though.

Workout Song of the Day: 50 cent ft. Eminem - Patiently Waiting (pretty fitting since im dying to get my hands on my ConDense)

Flat barbell bench:

barx50
135x10
135x10
185x23
185x12

Lying barbell extensions:
65x10
95x10
115x10
135x9

Tricep Rope Extensions:
20x100
20x120

Dumbell Shrugs:
20x70's
35x100's
35x100's

Overall, I was pleased with my workout. Bench has gone from 185x14 up to 185x23 in 3 weeks which is good news because my endurance is never good but my strength and endurance both seem to be coming back quickly. Im estimating my bench to be about 40 pounds less than pre injury. Happy with my tricep strength on tricep extensions since I have not tried extensions in 10 months from my shoulder and I feel 135 is a solid weight for them. Unfortunately, the gym I went to didn't have dumbells over 100's but its for the best I guess because I should not be doing any heavy shrugs yet and I feel high reps of lighter weight for them help rehab my shoulder a bit not to mention a hell of a grip workout. Im just excited to finally be getting back in the groove of things. Not doing any sort of pressing for 10 months was horrible

Can't wait for ConDense to get here and watch these bolded numbers rise

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
135x9 for skull crushers!! Yeah I would say your triceps are still rocking. Your chest should have been blown up and full after that rep scheme too. Can't wait to see where this goes.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
135x9 for skull crushers!! Yeah I would say your triceps are still rocking. Your chest should have been blown up and full after that rep scheme too. Can't wait to see where this goes.
Haha yeah it looked like I sucked on a helium hose and the chest is already killing me today. The high reps feel good I just can't wait to drop to some doubles and triples and move some real weight. Triceps have always been pretty strong but I was shocked to see such little strength drop off from them.

Thanks again for all the subs. Hoping to get a sick back day in tonight

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Another video that gets me ready to wage war in the gym from one of the greatest generals of all time leading one of the greatest generations of all time.

[video=youtube;YlzIPoRbF_A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlzIPoRbF_A[/video]

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm in now! Good luck :bigok:
Thanks glad to have you. BTW I cant look at your avi without busting out laughing. "Im so beefcake I cant even fit on the bus"

broda

broda

Awards
  • Established
[video=youtube;e29x9Qhi2ks]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e29x9Qhi2ks[/video]

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
I'm in us condense loggers have to get each others backs... We are all patiently waiting on the goods. Best of luck

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
I'm in us condense loggers have to get each others backs... We are all patiently waiting on the goods. Best of luck
Good man! We live to see the support amongst you all!

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ok so I have a decent base workout for back. Before I start, I must go on my tangent on bent over rows. I hate Yates rows and everything they have become. I saw about 3 different people in the gym last night doing some half ass upright row/shrug/bent row combination with about a 3 inch range of motion. Nothing drives me crazier. IMO Bent over rows are just that: completely bent over, back abosolutley parallel to the floor. I know people say Yates rows target different muscles etc. and I used to believe that too but the fact is you recruit maybe a 3rd of the muscles that you do on the real thing. When I did Yate's rows I got up to 275 for 5 or 6 reps. I went to a major powerlifting gym here in Atlanta and started doing them and everyone just laughed at me as they should of. They made me do a real bent over row and I could only do 135. That says enough right there. If you want your back to get huge, bench to sky rocket, and shoulders much healthier and more stable, Get parallel to the floor, take a wider grip, and row to your lower chest. Ideally the best thing to do is use the same width motion as when you bench and bring it up to the same part of your chest you lower the bar to when you bench. This keeps you balanced, healthy, and strong. This simple transition made my back, as well as everyone I trained with, literally get bigger every workout and not one of our bench maxes didn't improve. Sorry for the rant it just just drives me absolutely crazy to never see anybody doing a real row.

Song of the Day: Pantera - Becoming

Reverse Grip Bent Over Rows:

Barx50
135x10
135x8
185x8
225x10
225x9

Pull ups:

bwx26
bwx22

Seated Close Grip Cable Rows:

160x10
180x10
200x10
220x12

Kroc Rows
100x21
100x18

Rear Lateral Raises:
35'sx12
35'sx12
35'sx12

Band Pull Aparts

Overall not a bad workout. Havent done reverse grip rows in a good while so it was an interesting challenge. This is my second workout incorporating pull ups since my injury and I guess all the rows helped keep my numbers up. My gym really needs to get heavier dumbells I love heavy dumbell rows and would go up to 150s with no straps at my old gym. Did wonders for back thickness and grip strength. Everything else was pretty normal.

uvawahoowa

Awards
Ok so I have a decent base workout for back. Before I start, I must go on my tangent on bent over rows. I hate Yates rows and everything they have become. I saw about 3 different people in the gym last night doing some half ass upright row/shrug/bent row combination with about a 3 inch range of motion. Nothing drives me crazier. IMO Bent over rows are just that: completely bent over, back abosolutley parallel to the floor. I know people say Yates rows target different muscles etc. and I used to believe that too but the fact is you recruit maybe a 3rd of the muscles that you do on the real thing. When I did Yate's rows I got up to 275 for 5 or 6 reps. I went to a major powerlifting gym here in Atlanta and started doing them and everyone just laughed at me as they should of. They made me do a real bent over row and I could only do 135. That says enough right there. If you want your back to get huge, bench to sky rocket, and shoulders much healthier and more stable, Get parallel to the floor, take a wider grip, and row to your lower chest. Ideally the best thing to do is use the same width motion as when you bench and bring it up to the same part of your chest you lower the bar to when you bench. This keeps you balanced, healthy, and strong. This simple transition made my back, as well as everyone I trained with, literally get bigger every workout and not one of our bench maxes didn't improve. Sorry for the rant it just just drives me absolutely crazy to never see anybody doing a real row.

Barx50
135x10
135x8
185x8
225x10
225x9

Pull ups:

bwx26
bwx22

160x10
180x10
200x10
220x12

Kroc Rows
100x21
100x18

Rear Lateral Raises:
35'sx12
35'sx12
35'sx12

Band Pull Aparts

Overall not a bad workout. Havent done reverse grip rows in a good while so it was an interesting challenge. This is my second workout incorporating pull ups since my injury and I guess all the rows helped keep my numbers up. My gym really needs to get heavier dumbells I love heavy dumbell rows and would go up to 150s with no straps at my old gym. Did wonders for back thickness and grip strength. Everything else was pretty normal.
Couldn't agree more about bent rows. Parallel to the ground is the way to go

bcazo

bcazo

Awards

Barx50
135x10
135x8
185x8
225x10
225x9

Pull ups:

bwx26
bwx22

160x10
180x10
200x10
220x12

Kroc Rows
100x21
100x18

Rear Lateral Raises:
35'sx12
35'sx12
35'sx12

Band Pull Aparts

nice workout just wait until you start Condense.... FYI my log is up

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
My back has been feeling a good bit better so I decided to do my first leg workout in about 3 months (I have been dealing with 2 herniated disks ever since football.) Was definitely a bit weaker but my leg strength comes back ridiculously fast. Once the reps got hard I stopped. I wanted to ease my back into things to prevent re-injuring it.

Squats:

Barx10
135x10
225x10
275x8
315x6 (Had a few more in me)

Barbell Lunges:

135x10
155x10
155x10

Straight Leg Deadlifts:

10x135
10x185
10x225

Legs were fried and I can barely walk today. Back still hurt a bit on squats but nothing severe. Hopefully my Chiropractor can get me straightened out soon so I can really push it. Condense has not arrived yet but I am going to go home and check again before I hit today's bench workout.

Some motivation for all of those hitting legs:

[video=youtube;DjtVvYk1HWw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjtVvYk1HWw[/video]

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Still no ConDense but I grabbed a quick bench workout yesterday. Strength still coming back nicely but I did pretty low volume because my shoulder started aching again. I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that I was not hydrated enough.

Song of the Day: Busta Rhymes - Break Yo Neck

Bench:

barx50
135x10
135x10
185x26

Dumbell Hammer Grip Bench

10x100's
10x100's

Dumbell Skull Crushers

15x30's
10x30's
10x40's
12x50's

Tricep Pushdowns:

22x100
20x100

Next week I will increase my bench sets by 20 lbs and probably shoot for a 20 lb increase every 2-3 weeks depending on how the shoulder feels. Reps of 185 have gone up 3 reps every session so strength is coming back. Hopefully my ConDense will be here today so I can use it for my favorite day tomorrow: Back.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh to be young again! I would be smoked with that much volume. The pump from Condense will be insane with those sets.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Oh to be young again! I would be smoked with that much volume. The pump from Condense will be insane with those sets.
Yeah I can't wait. Don't feel too bad the high reps are killing me since I have always stuck to lower weights and reps accept for certain accessory moves. Unfortunately I don't have the choice to be doing doubles and triples at the moment but I will be slowly dropping volume and increasing weight. DOMS has been a mothertrucker with the high reps

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you aren't doing high rep sets on a regular basis, the lactic acid burn and DOMS are brutal.

broda

broda

Awards
  • Established
Well, that's going to suck for me. I usually never go higher than 6 reps.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You should just throw a 20 rep week into your routine now and then. You will be surprised.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nothing like going into your workout with some fear in the back of your mind and coming out with satisfaction!

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Same. most of my sets for my heavy compound movements at the beginning of workouts never go past 6 reps and I do higher reps for assistance. Doing higher reps for everything is killing me but I think from now on every 4th week or so I might throw it in,

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ok got a back workout in. No ConDense yet but I believe it shipped out yesterday. Pretty solid back workout no PRs this time but still felt solid.

Song of the day: Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast

Wide Grip Bent Rows:

Barx20
135x10
135x10
185x10
225x8
245x8

Pull Ups

BWx25
BWx13

Free Weight T-Bar Rows

1 platex10
2 platesx10
3 platesx10
4 platesx12 then did a drop set until one plate remained

Single Arm Cable Rows:

100x14
100x11

Straight Arm Rope Pulldowns:

100x15
120x12

Reverse Flies:

35'sx12
35'sx12

Straight Bar Curls:

45x10
65x10
95x8 drop set to 65x7

Hammer Grip Dumbell Curls

40'sx9

Heavy volume is still kicking my ass but is a nice change of pace. I usually only do 1 bicep exercise for a few sets at the end of back. I feel biceps get worked a ton during back day so no need to overdue such a small muscle. Bent rows felt pretty strong for using a pretty wide grip (hands mostly outside the rings.) Can't wait to get my ConDense and see how much extra endurance I get for some of these volume workouts plus the pump should be sick.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Strong as hell lol
Hahaha I decided to go all out for the girl in the yoga pants next to me that set.

That and I smoked a quick rock in the bathroom right before....

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hahaha I decided to go all out for the girl in the yoga pants next to me that set.

That and I smoked a quick rock in the bathroom right before....
Monkey_Shocked_7049BE8E.png

Lol

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hoping my ConDense arrives today in time for my workout. Took a quick picture at work over the weekend to give an example of pre ConDense vascularity so I will have something to compare it too. Not the best picture kind of hard to see but I will try to get a clearer, more visable one later. Taken with absolutely no pump and 2 days apart from any training. Hoping condense turns these into garden hoses.

Untitled.png

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Hella diesel brother with good vascularity! Can't wait!

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks man. I can't wait to see all of our logs once the ConDense gets here

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Still no ConDense as of yesterday but it looks like a few have recieved theirs so hopefully mine will be here today. Grabbed a quick bench workout today. I was a little disappointed in today's workout but thats just the way it goes sometimes. Tried to switch it up with Incline Barbell, Close Grip, Dumbells etc. but my shoulder still gets irritated by anything other than flat so thats what I am sticking to for now.

Song of the Day: Killswitch Engage - My Last Serenade

Bench:

Barx50
135x10
135x10
165x10
185x23

Barbell Skull Crushers:

barx10
65x10
85x10
105x10
125x12

Tricep Rope Extensions:

100x20
120x18
130x16

Pushup Circuit:

legs elevated 3 sets to failure

Took it a little easier this workout as my shoulder seems to be irritated. Also my strength was down a but so I am going to deload a week to recoup and let my shoulder heal up a bit as well. Its been a long, aggrevating, and humbling year dealing with this thing. Its slowly but surely coming around and I would rather play it safe then have to go through this horrible process again. Thats just part of it though. You just have to adapt and keep moving forward. Hoping to get a leg workout in tonight and have my ConDense to boot.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Haha I saw. I have I told you lately that I hate you?
Lol i kno, but i just wanted you to see the tub again... lol c'mon bro dont hate me, ill send you a scoop? Friends?

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Lol i kno, but i just wanted you to see the tub again... lol c'mon bro dont hate me, ill send you a scoop? Friends?
Thrown in a case of beer and a good bottle of bourbon and I will call it even

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Its about to go down! *kevin hart voice*

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Sorry for the lack of updates I have been moving. I had my ConDense shipped to a friends house because I was in the process of moving so I am sure it has gotten there just have not gotten a chance to go grab it. Im going to head over tonight or tomorrow morning to get it and my next workout is tomorrow night so I will post impressions.

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
Sorry for the lack of updates I have been moving. I had my ConDense shipped to a friends house because I was in the process of moving so I am sure it has gotten there just have not gotten a chance to go grab it. Im going to head over tonight or tomorrow morning to get it and my next workout is tomorrow night so I will post impressions.
Started mine last night.. you don't know what your missing!!