GreenEarth FEELS THE BURN with Southland's Eviscerate Smolder!

GreenEarth

GreenEarth

Awards
Hey everyone,

My name is Michael. 6', 205lbs, 22 years old, about 4 years training. I'm here to take SMOLDER during my impending cut and to report back on how it works.

I'm just coming off of a "dark side" cycle, went from about 182 to 200 as lean gains, and then the last 5lbs I gained had to be achieved slowly with heavy training and LOTS of food. Thus, it's about time I cut down. Southland's Eviscerate Smolder is along for the ride!

Day 1 - 8/4/12

Took smolder before training. The burn is REALLY not as bad as everyone seems to think! I mean, don't get me wrong, you feel the heat, but the "burning" sensation is very similar to pins-and-needles, or a beta-alanine type of tingling. Applied it to my abdominal region and my lower back (towards the sides...I tend to store the most fat here). Didn't disrupt the workout, actually kinda made me sweat a bit more, which I personally like ;) Will be applying this daily and reporting back!

Will be posting before and after pics for smolder.

GreenEarth

GreenEarth

Awards
Day 2 - 8/5/12

So today wasn't a training day - applied SMOLDER to the same areas mentioned above upon waking (which was noon lol). Burn was less than yesterday (I tend to build tolerances quickly). One interesting thing though...I spent most of the day in a coffee shop reading and drinking coffee. I'm not sure if it's the heat of the coffee or the caffeine, but I definitely felt more warmth/tingling around my stomach area right after taking a gulp or two. The real question is...is that just a reaction...or is it helping? Lol smolder + coffee for gettin' ripped.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed. Agreed that the "burn" is something you get used to. I notice it big time first couple days, but then it's nothing really with Smolder.

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Late to the party, but definitely in on this.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Any chance you could post up some "before" core shots?

GreenEarth

GreenEarth

Awards
Any chance you could post up some "before" core shots?
Definitely willing. My biggest issue at the moment is that my modem and home broke lol. You may notice I only post on here between 8am and 4pm currently...which is my time with the internet at work. Pics at home. But I'm ordering a modem today, will post the pics from home when it gets here (hopefully Thursday).

Day 2 - 8/6/12

Trained chest, shoulders, tris, and back today. Applied smolder right before training...phew! Hot stuff! The gym wasn't ACed, so I think there's probably a good chance that the external heat was having a pretty big effect on the "burn" effect that smolder has. Regardless, I like it...made my workout feel more intense, and felt like I was burning more fat, even though that seems a little silly to say lol.

GreenEarth

GreenEarth

Awards
Day 3 + 4, 8/7/12 + 8/8/12

Applied smolder on both days after a show to the aforementioned spots. On the seventh the burn was almost nonexistant, but on the eighth (after shaving my stomach area the night before), the burn was a lot more intense. Gonna completely attribute this to shaving, that's really the only change. I use a razor rather than an electric shaver, so I believe that may lend to the burn because the skin is bound to be a bit more raw. Gives a nice feel during the day at work...feel like fat is burning as I sit at my desk!

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I shave a lot when using topicals as well. Probably don't have to, but I like to.

GreenEarth

GreenEarth

Awards
Sorry guys, realize I'm the worst logger in the world right now. My home internet has been out for almost 2 weeks now, and my cable supplier is not being cool about sending me another box. I only have access to the forum at work, and unfortunately work is quite busy at the moment. Don't fear though - I'm still taking the SMOLDER religiously! By now the burn is basically completely gone, although there's still definitely a feeling of heat on my stomach throughout the day and especially when I'm working out. But realize that that's "heat", like being close to a fire, and not "burn", like being IN the fire! It's nice, it kind of gives you the impression that fat is being burning in that area even when you're doing nothing.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry guys, realize I'm the worst logger in the world right now. My home internet has been out for almost 2 weeks now, and my cable supplier is not being cool about sending me another box. I only have access to the forum at work, and unfortunately work is quite busy at the moment. Don't fear though - I'm still taking the SMOLDER religiously! By now the burn is basically completely gone, although there's still definitely a feeling of heat on my stomach throughout the day and especially when I'm working out. But realize that that's "heat", like being close to a fire, and not "burn", like being IN the fire! It's nice, it kind of gives you the impression that fat is being burning in that area even when you're doing nothing.
This sounds like ES to me after a few days. I think the vast majority of people get used to it and don't notice the burn as much after a few days. I always have the somewhat warm feeling you're describing though.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
any updates here?

GreenEarth

GreenEarth

Awards
Currently on a cruise week, so my workout routine is scaled down quite a bit. Gym sessions are taking about 30 minutes, with lighter weights. I notice that the burn effect I feel during lighter training is not as potent as when I'm lifting heavy, so interestingly enough, Smolder gives you another reason to keep your training intense! Don't know exactly why this happens, but if I had to take a guess I'd peg it on increased blood pressure/heart rate caused by intense training.

GreenEarth

GreenEarth

Awards
Finishing up my cruise week on Friday, I'm very pumped to get back into the gym come Monday and start killing it again. As I said, intensity within my workouts tends to cause SMOLDER to become more apparent, and I kind of like that lol, so that's where part of the excitement is coming from. My weight is down about 5lbs from the beginning of the log, and I'm really digging my leanness at the moment. I got a random vacation sprung on me...turns out I'm headed to Kiawah Island on the 8th of September, so there'll definitely be some picture and hopefully some abs poppin' ;) Stick around for updates!

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks like this log fizzled out.