Mkretz colors up his bulk with controlled labs purple wraath and blue gene

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First off HUGE Thanks to one of my favorite companies, controlled labs for a chance to lo two great products.

for those of you that don't know, purple wraath is a pre/intraworkout that includes BCAAs and EAAs as well as citrulline malate, beta alanine and betaine, all of which are great for pre and during a workout. I have used purple wraath and the past and have loved it and had great results with it o I am lookin forward to nothin less.

Blue Gene is more f an anabolic product and growth hormone igniter. I have tried other gh boosters in the past including hgh pro, and powefull but have never really used a anablic actiator type product so I am very interested in this product and if it is like basically all other controlled labs products im sure i'll love it.

My training style will be 1 explosive or power movement at the beginning of each workout followed by other exercises in the 8-15 rep rane focusing on slow negatives with explosive contractions and constant tension on the target muscle with lots of squeezing to really exhaust the muscle. MY split will be chest/tris, back/bis, shoulders/traps, arms, legs, with abs and calves every other day. I am taking a summer class so I tend to do my studyin while on the eliptical because i will fall aleep if i sit down to do it lol so my "cardio" is usually pretty high (some day i dont study), but I will try to counteract that with extra calories.

nutrition- I am following the lean gains eating stlye where you try to fast for 16 hours and eat for 8......with the way my scheule is I end up eatin most of my calories in a bout a 3-4 hour window with basically one big meal sometimes. Calories vary from about 3600-4100 on weight training days, depending on cardio. ( i also tend to ride my bike around alot instead of driving when I can) On off days I shoot for 2400-2600 depending on activity, sometimes will even go as high as 3000

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I took 5 blue gene before my leg workout yest. just like the directions say, adn took 1.5 scoop of purple wraath pre/intra workout with another .5 scoop after..........I had a shaky workout, my mind was all over, however I feel like I still did a decent job. After leg workouts I am usually EXTREMELY sore and very sore for days......today I am sore but not even close to as sore as normal, this really amazed me becuase recovery i usually my biggest issue. Also my nutrition was not great yet, i had a party and really only ate a bunch of chicken finer pizza, some cottage cheese, and sum chicken sausae, and my recovery was still great! So so far im loving this stack althouh it has only been a day lol. I will try to write down my entire workout as much as possible but right now I do not relaly have the time, sorry, it is a busy week for me this week ..........

today I took 5 blue gene midday since it was an off day.... calories are only at 2200 today becuase i was up late and goin to bed early with no workout........tomorrow will be a very busy day and a workout day so i will probably be somewhere around 4000 calories! lookin forward to a reat chest/tris workout now that im fresh! :)

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Interested how the blue gene made you feel. You can usually feel it's clean, jitter-less energy from the first dose.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm in here. Interested to see how it pans out so I know what I'm in for :)

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Took my blue gene about 40 min before my workout today and used about 1.5 scoops of purple wraath pre/intra, with another .5 scoops post.

btw purple wraath tate amazing lol....it is purple lemondade flavor, i had the grape in the past and i am a sucker for grape so i did like that better but they are both delish!

I did chest/tris today - tarted off a little shake due to some issues on my mind....about half way through the workout my mind cleared and was able to focus better on my workout.

started off the workout wiht banded bench as my power movement for sets of 6 and a few sets of 3.

then did a plyo type pres on the smith machine to build eplosiveness, etting the bar o up as high as i could pre it.

then went into hypertrophy work, workin in the 8-15 rep range. I did......

incline db bench, dips, db pres w/twist, machine flys, db flys ss pullovers, rev grip smith pre, guiotinne smith press, db overhead ext, tricep ext machine, dip machine ss cg pushups, rev grip pushdown ss reg pushdown....I also then did about 125 rep of revere crnche on a decline bench relaly focuin on contration, took me about 6 or 7 sets.

I forot a pen to write down my weights that is why I did not put them down. I will try to put them down in the future. Overall reat enery, too early to comment on much else, will let u know hwo recovery is tomorrow!.....tomorrow will be back/bis/calves

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
today's workout was back/bis......much better focus today, had energy throuhout a very long workout....also ot a coment from a friend at the ym that i was lookin good, so that felt good.

rev banded rack pulls

275x8
295x8
305x8
325x8
345x6
245x15
245x15

rev band bent over row

135x12 strict
135x10+2 strict
135x10+2 strict
185x15 loose form
225x15 looe form
245x12 bad form lol

1 arm db row

45x15
60x12
80x10 ok reps
90x10 drop 60x15 drop 45x15

tbar row using 25 lb plates for greater ROM

75x12 all reps uper strict
75x12+3
85x10
85x10 drop 75x10 drop 60x 15+10

rev rip banded hammer strenth pull down

20x12 strict
20x12
20x12
30x8+4
no band 90x12 drop 70x15 drop 50x25

banded front pulldown

40x12
40x12
40x12
no band 85x8 drop 70x10

chest supported row 3 sets drop on last set

str8 arm pulldown 40 x 15 x 3 upersetted with alt 1 arm lat pulldown 50x12x3

rev preacher barbell curl

40x4 x 5 sets 10 sec rest
30x10x3

twist curl

15x15
20x12
25x10 drop 15x15

lying cable curl

40x12x3

high cable curl 3 sets 10-15

few neative one arm preacher machine sets for 5 reps

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A whole heck of a lot of volume in that workout! Good idea about the smaller diameter plates for T-Bar row for great ROM... can't believe I never thought of that! Next time ;)! Nice work!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
tday was an "off" day, but still got some cadio and abs in as well as ridin my bike around and wrked all day..because f this I still kept cals at approx. 3000.

took blue gene befre my ab workout and was extremely focused throughout, Als drank purple wraath during. I did roman chair leg raises, hanging side raises, standin cable crunch, decline crunch, leg raises off a bench, and ab roll outs.....very solid wrkout.....

reovery has been excellent and feel like I recover faster between sets as well......looking forward to more results!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
This is going great. I find BG helps alot when doing volume/hypertrophy style training, with the addition of Purple WRAATH you become quite anabolic. I also feel very focused when using BG too, it has a non-stim type of energy that is amazing.

Keep up the great work, your log motivates me!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A whole heck of a lot of volume in that workout! Good idea about the smaller diameter plates for T-Bar row for great ROM... can't believe I never thought of that! Next time ;)! Nice work!
thanks, yea it makes it so much harde and I really focus on squeezing my back, it crazy how much less weight i need

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is going great. I find BG helps alot when doing volume/hypertrophy style training, with the addition of Purple WRAATH you become quite anabolic. I also feel very focused when using BG too, it has a non-stim type of energy that is amazing.

Keep up the great work, your log motivates me!

thanks alot, yea i def. get the focus from it, workouts have been pretty long lately and still able to push through, glad I can motivate man. I also notice that my recvery the net day hasnt really changed much but i def recver quickers betwen sets, i have been tryin t nly rest 30 seconds between sets and still maintain a decent amount f trenth and so far din pretty good.....keeps me focused on the workout

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
today was shoulders/traps/calves

power movement was cleans....put 25lb plates n but put it on a 45lb plate n each side so its lower down than a nrmal 45 lb but higher than jsut the 25.

Also, i have been doing alot more cardio this week becaue i am doing an eating challenge this weekend so i think that took a little bit f a toll on my eplosivenes n my clean, my legsfeel pretty fatigued.

115x5x5
130x3x3

strict standing overhead press

75x10
75x9
75x8
75x7 + 3

push press 115x5x2

strict db lat. raises focusin n cnstand tension and slow negatives, the drop set burned so bad haha

15x12
15x10
15x8+4 ( cheat on the positive, cntrl the negative)
15x7+5 drop 10 x 12 + hold!

DB press

35x10
35x9
35x9
35x8 drp 25x4 20x6

then did leanin laterals, behind the head smith, rope face pulls, bent over rear laterals.

for traps i did rev banded shrugs ( love these, u et such a good contractiion at the top of the motin.
then did 1 arm smith rev. banded shrugs, relaly isolates each trap, with a god queeze

then did standing calf raises and calf machine press..............sorry about my typing btw.....my keyboard likes to stick

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
did alot of cardio today and also a leg workout because of an eating challenege i did. 4lb burer and 3lb fries in 30 min! killed it and actually had some oreos and strawberries in a choclate fountain an da piece of cake about 1.5 hours later.....needless to say, cheat day lol, will probably drop carbs/cals a little lower tomorrow but be back on it come tues.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Awesome!!! Yup, so many people go heavy on back movements, when in reality it's the squeeze and contraction that will build it IME

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
chest/tris/abs today.....solid worout, had lots of energy, probably fom the 7lbs of food yest. lol

band bench

85x6x6
115x3x4

explosive smith bench 85x10x3

db incline

45x10
45x9
45x8
45x7
30x11

dips x 13
x8
x8
x8 RP to 15
45lb 5 negatives

hammer press

90x12
90x11
90x9 drop 70x6 50x8

stretch flys ss db overhead ext.

all reps were done slow negative eplosive positives. on all exercises

db over head ext.

45x13
45x8
45x8
45x7 drop 35x7

rev grip skull crusher

35x12
35x11
35x7
35x7 all of these i did presses after wards

1 arm db neutral grip ext 3 set f 10 , some foced reps

rope pressdown 4 sets f 15

all sets done with around 30 seconds rest...... s purple wraath i on full display for quick recovery.

feet in handles lower ab rev crunch on cable machine, 10 sets!!!

rope crunches 5x25 reps

side twists cable station 4 x 15 each side great clean energy aain, was extremely focused and felt really good, i lost some weight lastweek cuz i cut some calories ettin ready for the eatin challenge, but hope to put that back on now

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
did a few ifferent things than last week for back/bis o cant really compare weight but felt pretty strong and once again very focused with ood recoery between sets.

Rev band DL

245x8
265x8
275x8
285x8
285x8
355x1

rev band bent over row

135x12
135x12
145x10
145x10
loose form - 185x15
185x13
195x10
195x10

t bar row - ery strict with slow negatives and queezes, using 25lb plates for greater ROM.

75x12
75x12
85x10
95x12! drp 60x15

banded 1 arm hammer row 4 sets last set no band with a drop

banded rev grip pulldwn 4 sets last st no bad with drop

high cable row 3 sets

rev grip pull up ss barbell curl 3 sets
conc. curl
wide grip ez bar cable curl
standing twist curl all 3 sets witha drop on last set!

still dsing the same 1.5 scoops purple wraath ppre/during - ivin me reat recoery between my short rest perids, and 5 blue gene aboue 40-60 min beofre my workout!!!

did soem extra cario today plus it was a back day s calories are around 4100 today!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
off day today so i did not ue any purple wraath but did take 5 blue ene abut midday and felt ery upbeat all day been while tuck at wrk loner than i expected

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
s far so god, i get a ery good focus i think frm the blue gene....the purple wraath has def. helped my recoery between sets, sometimes i feel like i could go forever lol

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
s far so god, i get a ery good focus i think frm the blue gene....the purple wraath has def. helped my recoery between sets, sometimes i feel like i could go forever lol
pw is good stuff...curious how the blue gene treats you.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
Dude I feel ya on this one, the endurance from PW or both Blue Gene and PW is ridicoulous I don't get tired during my workouts I have to force myself to leave gym.

Keep up the good work!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dude I feel ya on this one, the endurance from PW or both Blue Gene and PW is ridicoulous I don't get tired during my workouts I have to force myself to leave gym.

Keep up the good work!
same here man, clear focus, long lasting energy, and reat recovery....plus the purple wraath is delicious!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
today was another good workout....chest/arms, how can that be a bad w/o lol

pumps were pretty good today ince yest. was a high carb day

banded towel bench

145x6x6
165x3x4

cable incline fly ss incline DB bench

12.5 3 sets for flys with 25lb db (chest was sht from the flys, cable fly work sooo good when ureally squeeze at the top)

decline fly ss decline db bench

3 sets 25lb db x 15 for flys and 15-10 for presses

pumps were incredible from these supersets with short rests

assisted dips.....3 sets drop set n last set.

cable flys 3 sets 15

ez bar oerhead cable seated ext. x 4 sets drop on last set

vbar pushdown

10 drop 10 drop 10 reps x 3 sets 50, 42.5,35 lbs.

one arm cable behind head ext x 3 ets with forced reps on last two sets to 15

banded hammer strength preacher curl

25x12
25x10
25x8 +2 slow negs
30x4 + 4 slow negs.....these killled me! incredible cntraction with the band

wide grip ez bar cable curl

30x15-10 with drop on last set, 3 sets

cable ez bar curl

30x12
30x10
30x10 drop 25x 6

one arm preacher curl

3 sets of 10 with frced reps on last 2 sets

high cable curl

3 sets 15 drop on last set

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thoughts on PW/BG so far? Wanna know what I'm in store for!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thoughts on PW/BG so far? Wanna know what I'm in store for!
so far so good...reat stack, the blue gene takes a little longer to kick in than i woudle thought but its fine, i just dose a lil earlier, it gives reat focu and clear energy as well as a feel gd feelin that lasts all night

not completely sure on purple wraath's effect on post workout recoery however intraworkout it really shines.....i am able t keep a much quicker pace with shorter rest periods as lon as i stay focused, and it tastes great....you are goin t love this stack! it is top notch jut like all controlled labs products, witha little white flood and green mag id be all set lol

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
for some reason i felt very sick all day but still forced myself to the gym....and it was a leg day maybe thats y i wasnt feeeling good, my body knew what was coming lol

hammer strenght squat plate loaded machine, explosie squats

270x5x5
380x3x5

squats...lately ive been doing re. band sqauts or box squats but today i went with old fashioned squats, and made sure i was getting very low. not to happy with the numbers but i got a good workout from it.

135x12
145x12
155x10 rest 2
155x8 Rest 4
185 rest pause 3,3,3,5
155x8 drop 115x10 95x11

front squat - havent done these in a while so didnt go too crazy

95x10
105x10
115x8
115x8

banded hack squat
70x15
90x15
110x12
110x12 drop 70x10 drop 50x11

1 leg press machine

4 sets of 15 with drop n last set

1 leg split squat on smith machine (other le n bench)

65x12x3

leg ext.
3 heavy sets
145x8
145x9
145x10
3 controlled sets reps with squeezes

85x15
85x13 drop 70x3 55x10
85x12 drp 70x5 55x10 with isometric hold, wow what a burn!!! i think this set really drained me

seated leg curl (very controlled negatives with good squeezez) - best pump ive had in my hams in a while
100x15
115x12
115x12
115x12 drp 85x12

rdl

135x12
140x10
140x10
150x10

glute bride- normally d these quicdk but did them controlled today so i didnt get yelled at by the gym lol

225x8
225x8
225x8
225x8
245x7

barbell walking lunges ss lying leg curl

3 sets, drop on last set for both exercises! the lunges were ery difficult today, quads were shot.

1-leg db rdl

3 sets of 12 with 40lb DB, really feel the stretch and contraction all the way up the leg and butt, love these!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
same here man, clear focus, long lasting energy, and reat recovery....plus the purple wraath is delicious!
indeed...

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
sorry i haen't been around much lately, been very busy with extra working and an exam for a summer class........killed the exam btw lol.

todays workout was great..... liek way better than usual i felt like a od the whole wrkout just tons of enery, great focus and it was a long one, prolly about 2 hours.

shoulders/calves

did calves first for a change.....so i dont skip them at the end. Also doing them first means i dont d as many shoulder exercises which i tend to do too many of so i may have to keep it this way.

standing calf raises on smith machine
2 sets 135x15
2 sets 185x12 plus 2 sets 185 with drop sets to 135
3 sets of 5 negatives of 185 on 1 leg at a time.

seated calf raises
55x15x7 fst 7 style drop on last set.

standing explosive push pres from stop ( in power rack with bar on safetys at shoulder height for pause at bottom.)
75x6x10

strict standing press
75x8
75x8
75x7
75x6 ds(drop set) 65x4 55x11

db lateral raise + numbers are cheated up with controlled negatives

15x12
15x10+2
15x10+2 drp 10 x 10
15x8+7 drop 10 x 10 with static hold!

db shoulder press

35x11
35x9
35x9
35x9 drp 25x4 20x6

rev band high pull

105x15x2
115x15x2 drp 95 x 15 cheat postive controlled negatvies on some reps.

lying "high pull" ccable - lay on ground pull bar up your body just like a standing high pull, take out alot of cheating, felt real good
3 sets

lateral raise machine ss with machine shoulder press facing pad, 3 sets with drop on last one for both exercises.

rev fly machine 4 sets with drop on last 2

standing cable 1 arm rev. fly

3 sets 10

shrugs alternating grip
135x15x2
155x12x2
175x10 drp 135 x 2 sets

behind back cable shrug, 4 sets

3 sets 1 arm smith shrugs !

like i said i felt great the whole time!!!! blue gene about 60 min before and felt reat the rest of the day, and still do! purple wraath ahs still ben delierin reat recoery

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
well.....i wasnt able to train for 2 days cuz i was working like all day both days. I did manae to get some cardio in in the morning howeer....took my blue gene bout mid afternoon both days and it gave me a nice little pick me up that got me through work which was nuts.

today however was a workout day!

chest/tris

power rack was taken so i couldnt do banded bench

started with explosive bench so i go down very slow pause and explode up, focusing on keeping constant bar speed through each rep

85x8
85x8
95x6x4
105x6x4

strict flat bench press, slow negatives, explosive positives, no resting

115x12
115x10
115x10
115x8 drop 95x6

note: i was very focused and aware of rest period most of the workout and stuck to strictly 30-40 seconds rest throuhout so weights are not too great, but i def. got a good workout

db incline - real good contractions note i ot a pretty decent pump today suprisinly since on off days i do like no carbs jsut veggies so 2 days no carb plus cardio and i still got a decent pump which was nice.

35x12
35x11
35x9
35x9 drop 25x6

dips
BWx 10
BWx 9
BW x 8
BW x 7 2 sets of 5 negatives with 45lb plate.

guiotinne smith press 3 sets 10- 105lb

db twist press 3 sets 40lbx10

wide grip hammer press 3 sets of 10 with drop on last set

machine fly fst-7

db overhead ext

45x10
45x10
45x9
45x9 drop 35x8

skull crusher with pullover...........bring bar down like a skull crusher then let bar drop behind head then bring back up and finish ext.

35x10 only about 4 with pulloer part, then finish regular
35x10
35x10
35x10 last 2 sets ss with cg pushups

cable rev grip ext.....70x12
70x10+2
70x10+2 drop 50 x 15

felt real good for the whoel workout ery energized and focused, felt great to be back in the gym

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
not feelin the love guys, whats up?

anyways, yest. was a very good back workout, had good enery throughout once again

banded rack pulls
banded bent over row
t-bar - went heavy for a change, form wasnt great butit felt ood to move some weight, back i sore today.
pull ups - on machine
neutral grip pulldown
neutral grip low cable row
banded preacher curl
twist curl
High cable curl fst-7

noticed i was in good spirits yest dunno if it was the blue gene or not but still loving this stack, another couple solid products from controlled labs for sure

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
off day today, did some abs, tried out the step mill for 10 minutes, not bad......blue gene had me feeling great een throughout a hectic night at work when i would usually get aggreated i was in good spirits all night!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
been pretty lonely in here .......... been doin alot of cardio lately and honestly its makin me feel like crap, run down most of the time, but once i pop my blue gene and start sippin my purple wraath along with my preowrkout i find enery to push through my workouts....been doin o much cardio becuase of an eating challenge im doing friay night....till took in 3800 cals today but beliveit or not thats a deificit with how much cardio i did lol...tomorrow will be alot more cardio, maybe weights (today was a crazy leg workout dunno if ill be able to walk lol) and cals will be pretty low, basically jsut enough to et my dialy protein requirements.......

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
haha yea.....its a big burger and fries......lot sof toppings as well....i did a crazy pizza challenge with a buddy of mine thin was like 14 lbs

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
haha yea.....its a big burger and fries......lot sof toppings as well....i did a crazy pizza challenge with a buddy of mine thin was like 14 lbs
Holy ****. Do you have a strategy when it comes down to eating the burger? Like save the bun and fries for last and get everything else out of the way? Or do you just go all out?

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i usually go in thinking to save the bun and fries fo the end, but as u eat so much u jsut get sick of the same taste so u throw in sum fries and bun here and there, at my last burger challenge i actually asked for ketchup and mustard, jsut to change the taste, worked out well

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL well good luck to you sir!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thank i hope to have a video, at least ill have pics!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
it wa even more food than it look, soooo deep haha....only the 5th person to do it, the guy on man v. food was there and didnt finish!!!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
only have 2 servings of blue gene left, forgot to take it today :-( was gone all day and then went to work....... the stack really shined when i cut my cals a little latst week before the challene, still hd reat energy and stamina in the ym despite decreased cals and alot of cardio!

this is def. one top notch stack!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol ****ing awesome pictures! Good work on finishing it! What's your next conquer challenge?

Any difference in libido or sleep with BG?

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
not noticing too uch differwnce in libido or sleep to be honest, maybe a little libido boost but i have some test issues soooo............ nextfood challenge i dunno there are some around but they are kinda far, id rather not have to trael unless i was getting something or it ya know......or a breakfat chalenge woudl be awsome i love breakfast food!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Holy ****. Do you have a strategy when it comes down to eating the burger? Like save the bun and fries for last and get everything else out of the way? Or do you just go all out?
just add some bacon and it's a done deal, lol.