whey protein and fat loss
- 07-04-2012, 09:54 AM
- 07-05-2012, 10:41 PM
- 07-05-2012, 10:58 PM
A high protein diet has been linked to weight loss.
I guess if you replace a protein shake with a meal/snack then you could loss weight because of a calorie deficiency.Be sur to visit my site at http://maxweights.blogspot.com/ (copy and paste)
07-05-2012, 11:20 PM
OP, It does burn fat through several physiological pathways, some direct and others indirect.
1. "The thermic effect was greater after the whey (14.4 ± 0.5%) than after the casein (12.0 ± 0.6%; P = 0.002) and soy (11.6 ± 0.5%; P = 0.0001) meals and was greater after the whey, casein, and soy meals than after the high-carbohydrate meal (6.6 ± 0.5%; P < 0.0001). Cumulative fat oxidation tended to be greater after the whey meal (16.2 ± 1.1 g) than after the soy meal (13.7 ± 1.0 g; P = 0.097) and was greater after the whey and soy meals than after the high-carbohydrate meal (10.9 ± 0.9 g; P < 0.05). (Acheson, Lubrano, Araymon, Beaumont, Azar, Zufferey, Monnard & Pinaud, Moennoz, Bovetto, 2011)."
- "Whey protein reduces short-term food intake relative to placebo, carbohydrate and other proteins."
- "Whey protein affects satiation and satiety by the actions of: (1) whey protein fractions per se; (2) bioactive peptides; (3) amino-acids released after digestion; (4) combined action of whey protein and/or peptides and/or amino acids with other milk constituents."
- "Whey ingestion activates many components of the food intake regulatory system."
- "Whey protein is insulinotropic, and whey-born peptides affect the renin-angiotensin system."
"Therefore whey protein has potential as physiologically functional food component for persons with obesity and its co-morbidities (hypertension, type II diabetes, hyper- and dislipidemia) (Luhovyy, Akhavan & Anderson, 2007)."
1. Acheson, K., Lubrano, A., Araymon, S., Beaumont, M., Azar, S., Zufferey, C., Monnard, I., Pinaud, S., Moennoz, C., & Bovetto, L. (2011). Protein choices targeting thermogenesis and metabolism. American Society for Nutrition, Retrieved from
http : //www . ajcn. org/content/93/3/525. full
2. Luhovyy, B., Akhavan, T., & Anderson, H. (2007). Whey proteins in the regulation of food intake and satiety. Journal of the American College of Nutrition, Retrieved from http : // www .jacn. org /content/26/6/704S. full
Remove spaces in link for reference
07-07-2012, 11:39 AM
Similar Forum Threads
- By zachs in forum Weight LossReplies: 3Last Post: 06-28-2006, 03:04 PM
- By BOHICA in forum Weight LossReplies: 2Last Post: 06-24-2006, 02:41 AM
- By powerlifter6920 in forum Weight LossReplies: 6Last Post: 03-13-2006, 12:01 AM
- By Blatalian in forum IGF-1/GHReplies: 8Last Post: 05-14-2004, 12:05 AM
- By comrade in forum General ChatReplies: 15Last Post: 02-03-2004, 01:14 PM