DJBeanPole Enters Cut PHASE 3: Reduce XT & ALPHABURN

Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    Thoughts:

    -Don't sweat it too much, LG is to make life easier
    -Get your eating times back to normal even if it means breaking the fast a bit earlier or later someday, we can't be perfect 100% of the time we are humans it wont make a dent dont worry about it.
    -You can schedule Workout/rest-burn days at your will my young padawan just make sure you get the number of w.o. days needed per week and the cardio days needed per week to in order to create the deficit needed for your goal in relation to the time left (so 3 w.o. 4 cardio like we discussed if I recall right)
    -Work on the form for that deadlift, if you f*ck up your disks I'm gonna put an arrow through your legs (1 for each) when you are in the hospital with a note hanging on them saying: "Get well soon love-HawkEye"
    Alright thanks. I really wanted to do chest today so I will stick with that plan. I just sucked down my 30g BCAAs about 30 minutes ago so the fire has been lit!

    Yes... my planned schedule for this week looks like:

    Friday: Back/Bis
    Sat: Chest/Tris
    Sun: HIIT
    Mon: HIIT
    Tues: Legs
    Wed: HIIT
    Thurs: HIIT

    As far as the form goes... the next time I go in for back/bis I'm going with my buddy to help me work on my form. We are going to deload the weight and I'm going to have to humble myself as I learn the new form. The same thing happened awhile ago when I had to learn the proper squatting form so I know I can do it just as easily for DLs.

    Stay tuned fellas! Gonna try and set myself up today for another PR in DB Benchpress !

    DJ
    TWITTER.COM/DJBEANPOLE
    YOUTUBE.COM/DJBEANPOLEREVIEWS
    DJBEANPOLE.COM


  2. If your body can handle that many back to back days of HIIT a week on a fasted state ON the EC stack then your stim tolerance and love for being legally high after cardio will be on par with coops and mines lol
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    If your body can handle that many back to back days of HIIT a week on a fasted state ON the EC stack then your stim tolerance and love for being legally high after cardio will be on par with coops and mines lol
    Well thats why I was thinking I may just do HIIT today instead and save chest for tomorrow. But still eat afterwards to adjust the time. Hmmm. I am very stim tolerant actually lol. I noticed that w/ EC sometimes when I'm at work I take the Mio Energy with me and squirt some in my water. Bonus caffeine!

    OK maybe I'll do HIIT today instead. I just don't wanna do 2 back-to-back sessions of HIIT I'd like to split at least one of them up. Chest will just have to wait!
    TWITTER.COM/DJBEANPOLE
    YOUTUBE.COM/DJBEANPOLEREVIEWS
    DJBEANPOLE.COM

  4. I also officially have my first youtube subscriber!!!

    Name:  rage-guy-happy-face-tears-of-joy.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  11.5 KB
    TWITTER.COM/DJBEANPOLE
    YOUTUBE.COM/DJBEANPOLEREVIEWS
    DJBEANPOLE.COM

  5. Quote Originally Posted by DJBeanPole View Post
    Well thats why I was thinking I may just do HIIT today instead and save chest for tomorrow. But still eat afterwards to adjust the time. Hmmm. I am very stim tolerant actually lol. I noticed that w/ EC sometimes when I'm at work I take the Mio Energy with me and squirt some in my water. Bonus caffeine!

    OK maybe I'll do HIIT today instead. I just don't wanna do 2 back-to-back sessions of HIIT I'd like to split at least one of them up. Chest will just have to wait!
    Lol...remember to take a good 4-6 week stim break after this please...seriously haha your adrenals will help you!
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
    •   
       


  6. JULY 7th: HIIT

    Well it will be HIIT... once I do it AFTER I get out of work. I couldn't find my damn car keys and it took me half an hour to locate them and once I did it was too late to drive to the gym, run for 30 mins, come back, get ready, and attempt to make it on time for work. So I did some ab work instead and I plan on doing my HIIT after I get off work.


    Since I suck at using my video camera (its either the front facing camera + ****ty quality or the rear facing camera and HD quality but you can't see me) I'm posting some pics of my BURN day meals. The meals weren't that bad actually! Quite tasty to my surprise! The fast has begun... can't wait to SMASH chest tomorrow!



    Name:  IMAG0398.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  37.2 KB

    Stay tuned,

    DJ
    TWITTER.COM/DJBEANPOLE
    YOUTUBE.COM/DJBEANPOLEREVIEWS
    DJBEANPOLE.COM

  7. Quote Originally Posted by DJBeanPole
    Well... you asked for it...

    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG1xJdHAgWw">YouTube Link</a>

    315x12
    Yo yo DJ, moving weight 8 miles baby. That's friggin boss right there. Good Sh*t man. I am
    very impressed. You always put yourself out there and deliver.
    I started a new log at:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/228939-fumoney-takes-ironmag.html

  8. JULY 8TH: CHEST/TRIS

    I was anticipating today to be just god awful in the gym since yesterdays diet had my eating a very low amount of carbs/cals. Completely opposite.

    DB BENCHPRESS: 40x15,15 80x12,12,10 35x6

    DB INCLINE PRESS: 60x10,11,10 20x10

    BB DECLINE PRESS: 95x12 105x12 135x12DS105x5DS95x3DS45x12

    MACHINE FLYS: 105x12 120x8 105x12 120x8DS90x8DS50x8DS30x12 30neg x12

    DIPS: BWx9,7,7,5

    SKULLCRUSHERS: 60x10,10,8 immediately moved to tricep kickbacks

    TRICEP KICKBACKS: 15x10 5x6

    TRICEP PUSHDOWNS: 100x10,12,10 70x12 40x12

    NO ATTACHMENT PULLEY PUSHDOWN: 20x10,10

    Freaking tore through everything. Pumped as hell. Vascular as all get out. Couldn't believe I had the energy to sustain myself through today. I dropped the weight on a few exercises to really work on the stretch n' squeeze of each repetition and it felt a lot better that way. Really secured the mind-muscle connection for me.

    Stay tuned,

    DJ
    TWITTER.COM/DJBEANPOLE
    YOUTUBE.COM/DJBEANPOLEREVIEWS
    DJBEANPOLE.COM

  9. keeep it up bud, kicking some ass
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/198788-highschool-athlete-thread.html

  10. JULY 9TH: HIIT

    10 cycles this time woohoo. Quads hurt SO bad towards the end. Glycogen extinguished ! 2.5 miles, 350cals, 27 minutes. Sweatin' like crazy. Perhaps legs tomorrow? Perhaps straight rest. We shall see.
    TWITTER.COM/DJBEANPOLE
    YOUTUBE.COM/DJBEANPOLEREVIEWS
    DJBEANPOLE.COM

  11. JULY 10TH: LEGS

    Today I entered into the gym in a different frame of mind. I was tired of having the past few previous days of low rep/heavy weight being utter disappointments. I told myself it was time to rethink my gameplan, so I deloaded today with the hopes of going in for low weight/high reps, focusing on the squeeze and the muscle that was supposed to be doing the work. Make myself workout more efficiently. Really feel the squeeze and the stretch with each repetition. I had to humble myself that I was no longer carrying such heavy weight, but it was definitely time for a change.

    LEG EXTENSION (warmup): 90x15,12

    SQUAT: 135x20,12,15,6 the last set of 6 reps were extremely low to the ground... so the weight was traveling a huge distance

    FRONT SQUAT: 95x12,12,10 felt good to be doing these again

    LEG PRESS: 225x15 315x12 405x8,8,8

    LEG EXTENSION: 80x12,12,8 with a pause at each contraction to really squeeze the quads

    I'll tell ya what... I walked out of there feeling like I had done more work to my legs than I had compared to my heavy weight days. The pump was enormous... and I NEVER get pumps in my legs. Hell I even ditched taking Hemavol because I didn't want to "waste" it on the leg day! I was definitely having a hard time walking my legs were so swollen and stiff. It felt great and they NEVER feel like that! Today was definitely a "punish the quads!" day. I didn't have any time to do an accessory work because I was pressed for time (have to work tonight). The one strange thing about to day though was the amount of sweat I was producing. I completely soaked through my iForce shirt and I had to take longer in between sets to catch my breath. I felt like I was doing cardio! Maybe it had to do with the bourbon I drank last night... sweat it all out

    Feeling good!

    DJ
    TWITTER.COM/DJBEANPOLE
    YOUTUBE.COM/DJBEANPOLEREVIEWS
    DJBEANPOLE.COM

  12. JULY 11TH: REST

    Due to a snafu at work I got hardly the amount of sleep I needed for today. I worked last night and am at work again tonight and I only got about 6 hours of sleep from 11A-5P. I'm typically in bed by 8:30AM and I'll try and wake up around 2 or 3 to get a workout in but today didn't not allow for it. Get myself on a burn diet. Nothing that new to report. Did 15 minutes of abwork at home when I got up.

    Will have a supplement review video coming shortly. One that took me by quite the surprise.

    Stay tuned (if anyone...),

    DJ
    TWITTER.COM/DJBEANPOLE
    YOUTUBE.COM/DJBEANPOLEREVIEWS
    DJBEANPOLE.COM

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    Lol...remember to take a good 4-6 week stim break after this please...seriously haha your adrenals will help you!
    Ordered some Revamp specifically for this.
    TWITTER.COM/DJBEANPOLE
    YOUTUBE.COM/DJBEANPOLEREVIEWS
    DJBEANPOLE.COM

  14. JULY 12TH: SHOULDERS

    BARBELL PRESS: 45x15 75x12,12,12

    DB PRESS: 50x12,12,12 25x10

    DB SHRUGS: 55x15,12,12 Dropped the weight here because lately I feel like I've just been going through the shrug motion without actually feeling anything in the workout. I want to focus on the squeeze at the peak of the rep and really burn my traps out. Did the reps nice and slow, contracted all the way at the top, made interesting faces at myself in the mirror, and made sure I let them stretch all the way at the bottom. Felt MUCH better versus taking 110lb DBs and slamming out the reps as fast as possible with **** form.

    BARBELL SHRUGS: 135x12,12,12 same as above

    UPRIGHT ROWS: 60x12,12,12 to facilitate in burning out dem traps

    SEATED MACHINE SHRUGS: 135x12,12,12 traps be DEAD

    FRONT RAISES: 25x12,12,12

    LATERAL RAISES: 25x8 20x12 dropped weight to feel more from the exercise

    PULLEY DELT RAISES: 30x8 20x10,10

    MACHINE REAR DELT FLYS: 135x8 105x12,12,12 rawr!

    WEIGHT: 223lbs oh snap!
    TWITTER.COM/DJBEANPOLE
    YOUTUBE.COM/DJBEANPOLEREVIEWS
    DJBEANPOLE.COM

  15. JULY 13TH: LISS

    400 calories, 25 minutes, 2.1 miles

    I had to switch from HIIT because the LG and HIIT aren't playing well together. I was getting painfully nasty cramps in my quads and I attribute that to either 1) the diet timing or 2) not getting enough sodium in prior to the workout which again is due to #1. Felt great today, although a little boring. I may throw in a HIIT workout every now and then when I feel like it.

    WEDDING COUNTDOWN: 15 days to go!!!
    TWITTER.COM/DJBEANPOLE
    YOUTUBE.COM/DJBEANPOLEREVIEWS
    DJBEANPOLE.COM

  16. DJ, I need to post more on your thread rather than sending you reps.

    Please keep posting. I look for this everyday. Obviously you can choose to do what you need to do, but I am 100% sure I am not the only one reading.
    I started a new log at:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/228939-fumoney-takes-ironmag.html

  17. Quote Originally Posted by fumoney
    DJ, I need to post more on your thread rather than sending you reps.

    Please keep posting. I look for this everyday. Obviously you can choose to do what you need to do, but I am 100% sure I am not the only one reading.
    You got it, boss!

    Back and bis today! Weight may be down on the deadlift today because I'm working on my form today to get the kinks out and save my lower back from hell. Everyone keeps saying that with the proper form I should be able to skyrocket past my old PR of 405 so I hope they are right!

    The woman is out of town tonight for her bachelorette party and she left me with a ton of cupcakes that they couldn't eat. I'm trying to be strong but all I want to do is order a pizza and eat the cupcakes for dessert lol! Save me, jeebus!

    Sent from my Thunderbolt using AM for Android!
    TWITTER.COM/DJBEANPOLE
    YOUTUBE.COM/DJBEANPOLEREVIEWS
    DJBEANPOLE.COM

  18. Quote Originally Posted by DJBeanPole

    You got it, boss!

    Back and bis today! Weight may be down on the deadlift today because I'm working on my form today to get the kinks out and save my lower back from hell. Everyone keeps saying that with the proper form I should be able to skyrocket past my old PR of 405 so I hope they are right!

    The woman is out of town tonight for her bachelorette party and she left me with a ton of cupcakes that they couldn't eat. I'm trying to be strong but all I want to do is order a pizza and eat the cupcakes for dessert lol! Save me, jeebus!

    Sent from my Thunderbolt using AM for Android!
    LOL, you need some Recompadrol !
    I started a new log at:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/228939-fumoney-takes-ironmag.html

  19. JULY 14TH: BACK/BIS

    Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oo! Walked outta that gym pumped as a mother! Couldn't believe it! Really dedicated myself to working on squat form and boy was I surprised. I know I got the form correct because I had my friend spotting/watching and my shins are all tore up and bleeding. Fought through the pain... worth it to get the correct form down! About halfway through the workout I was sweating balls and felt like I was about to just be done for the day and then out of nowhere I got a blast of energy and just kept going. Tore up my arms and dropped my friend to his knees doing Super 7 bicep curls !!! A fun day in the gym for sure!

    SQUATS: 135x10 185x5 225x5 275x5,5,5 135x5 Definitely worth it to deload and figure out the form. My lower back has been saved. I felt a lot of stress coming through my hams/quads and the posterior chain only kicked in once I had gotten past the "hinge" position requiring me to swing my hips forward and "make love to the bar." lol. I didn't go switch grip at all and I felt that 275 was a good working weight. I took my time with it. Worked on feeling out the reps and instead of touch-n-go at the bottom of the rep I let the weight hit the floor, pause, then start again. Truly a "deadlift."

    T-BAR ROW: 45x12,12,12 70x12 Still trying to figure out the proper stance without using the T-Bar machine/Hammerstrength. I just moved myself until I felt the strain in the correct places.

    ONE ARM DB ROW: 45x12,12,12 30x5 deadstop at top and bottom of rep last set. Deloaded to get the squeeze in. Felt amazing!

    SEATED ROW: 90x12 105x12 75x10 S/S (squeeze/stretch)

    LAT PULLDOWN: 75x12 85x12 100x10 S/S

    SUPER SEVENS BB CURL: BBx70 reps pyramid style

    DECLINE DB BICEP CURL: 15x12,12 S/S

    PREACHER CURL: 45x10,10 S/S

    HAMMER CURL: 30x8,8

    I was freaking pumped and exhausted at the end. No idea where that burst of energy came from. Just got home, had my post workout shake and I'm cooking myself some food. Fiance called and said that the cupcakes were not for me. Oops. I only ate half of the Red Velvet one so thats OK lol.

    If I have time tonight I'm going to do a video review on Compete! So stay tuned!

    DJ

    Oh, I almost forgot.

    Weight: 222lbs Lowest I've been yet! 2 more pounds to go!!!
    TWITTER.COM/DJBEANPOLE
    YOUTUBE.COM/DJBEANPOLEREVIEWS
    DJBEANPOLE.COM

  20. You are almost there. With the volume you put yourself through, no wonder you are ahead of schedule. You have a gift for writing. Your logs are interesting and fun to read.
    I started a new log at:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/228939-fumoney-takes-ironmag.html

  21. JULY 15th: CHEST/TRIS

    DB BENCHPRESS: 40x15,12 80x12,10 70x8,8,8 40x6 I really though I could smash out 80x12x3 since it went up so easy the last time. And then I remembered why it went up so easy... I wasn't paying any attention to the form at all. I was just going through the motions of moving heavy weight without paying any particular attention to how the form of the exercise was actually interacting with my body and the intended muscle groups. When I really started to focus on the form with 80s, paying attention to the negative and allowing the weight to come almost beyond my chest on the way down and then again making sure that I was really squeezing my pecs together as I pushed the weight towards the peak at the top... I knew I was going to gas out way before reaching 12. Result? Drop in the weight. Its a hard mentality to stick to especially when your brain is trying to tell you "go on, lift heavy, big numbers, great success!" But I keep going back to the Kai Greene mentality of "I'm not a lifter. Don't call me a weightlifter." And sometimes knowing you have to go back and reduce weight to get the most out of the exercise is humbling, but it will be worth it in the long scheme of things.

    DB INCLINE PRESS: 55x8,8,8 30x8

    BB DECLINE PRESS: 135x6 95x10,10,10

    DB PULLOVER: 55x12,8 started to feel it in the triceps where I didn't want the engagement so I went to 45x7 and still felt the same thing so I just gave up lol

    DB FLYS: 20x12,12,12 All reps very nice and controlled, excellent stretch and squeeze

    MACHINE FLYS: 105x12,12 120x8 105x12 60x10 squeeze/stretch

    DIPS: BWx6,6,5,6

    SKULLCRUSHERS: 60x12,12 supersetting to...

    TRICEP KICKBACKS: 20x8DS15x10DS10x12 triceps were on fire!

    GUILLOTINE PRESS: 135x5 95x10,10

    Felt very good today. Now I'm stuck at home taking care of my fiance who is still nursing a hangover lol ! Tomorrow will be cardio followed by an off day. And then legs. I like to give myself a day of rest before legs because I feel like they need the most "preparation" prior to lifting. But who knows. Maybe on my rest day I'll get bored!

    DJ
    TWITTER.COM/DJBEANPOLE
    YOUTUBE.COM/DJBEANPOLEREVIEWS
    DJBEANPOLE.COM

  22. Quote Originally Posted by DJBeanPole
    JULY 15th: CHEST/TRIS

    DB BENCHPRESS: 40x15,12 80x12,10 70x8,8,8 40x6 I really though I could smash out 80x12x3 since it went up so easy the last time. And then I remembered why it went up so easy... I wasn't paying any attention to the form at all. I was just going through the motions of moving heavy weight without paying any particular attention to how the form of the exercise was actually interacting with my body and the intended muscle groups. When I really started to focus on the form with 80s, paying attention to the negative and allowing the weight to come almost beyond my chest on the way down and then again making sure that I was really squeezing my pecs together as I pushed the weight towards the peak at the top... I knew I was going to gas out way before reaching 12. Result? Drop in the weight. Its a hard mentality to stick to especially when your brain is trying to tell you "go on, lift heavy, big numbers, great success!" But I keep going back to the Kai Greene mentality of "I'm not a lifter. Don't call me a weightlifter." And sometimes knowing you have to go back and reduce weight to get the most out of the exercise is humbling, but it will be worth it in the long scheme of things.

    DB INCLINE PRESS: 55x8,8,8 30x8

    BB DECLINE PRESS: 135x6 95x10,10,10

    DB PULLOVER: 55x12,8 started to feel it in the triceps where I didn't want the engagement so I went to 45x7 and still felt the same thing so I just gave up lol

    DB FLYS: 20x12,12,12 All reps very nice and controlled, excellent stretch and squeeze

    MACHINE FLYS: 105x12,12 120x8 105x12 60x10 squeeze/stretch

    DIPS: BWx6,6,5,6

    SKULLCRUSHERS: 60x12,12 supersetting to...

    TRICEP KICKBACKS: 20x8DS15x10DS10x12 triceps were on fire!

    GUILLOTINE PRESS: 135x5 95x10,10

    Felt very good today. Now I'm stuck at home taking care of my fiance who is still nursing a hangover lol ! Tomorrow will be cardio followed by an off day. And then legs. I like to give myself a day of rest before legs because I feel like they need the most "preparation" prior to lifting. But who knows. Maybe on my rest day I'll get bored!

    DJ
    Good workout and great point about form. I think some of my nagging injuries - ribs, back - are due to bad form on leg press. I am starting to be more conscious of form versus lift.
    I started a new log at:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/228939-fumoney-takes-ironmag.html

  23. JULY 16TH: HIIT

    Yea good ol' HIIT baby! No cramps this time either. What was different, you say? I ATE first. I broke my fast prior to running to help give myself some fuel. Threw down 20g BCAA plus a sandwich my woman got me from Panera. So there goes the carbs for the day (technically a BURN day although I know that HIIT days should be considered BUILD/ON days... but I digress). Felt very good. Popped my EC, 2x Alphaburn, 1x Reduce, a scoop of Craze and headed off to the gym for the fun times. Felt really good too. Gym was packed, hot as hell. I can usually tell without looking down at the treadmill when I've hit the mile mark because its around this distance that usually the first bead of sweat will roll off my forehead. Well... it wasn't so much a bead... more like the Niagra Falls of sweat. Seriously with each step I took a bead of sweat would fly off of me. I could see it as I was sprinting. It probably looked crazy to anyone next to me. Like there was a little sweat raincloud above my head! In the end I ran for 10 cycles of 6mph jog 90 sec + 30 sec sprint at 9.0mph (not including warmup/cooldown).

    425 calories. 2.75 miles. 28 minutes. Ownage.

    Tomorrow is supposed to be off day. I'm thinking I might make it shoulders. A good friend of mine who is also an avid weightlifter wants to do legs on Saturday so I may just swap shoulders for legs! Hell yea!

    DJ
    TWITTER.COM/DJBEANPOLE
    YOUTUBE.COM/DJBEANPOLEREVIEWS
    DJBEANPOLE.COM

  24. you're kicking some ass bud! nothing is worse than sweating like a pig in the gym
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/198788-highschool-athlete-thread.html

  25. Quote Originally Posted by benmayro View Post
    you're kicking some ass bud! nothing is worse than sweating like a pig in the gym
    Definitely enjoyable.

    Forgot to mention I did 15 minutes of ab work after I got home.

    Wasn't my intention to take EC and then do HIIT (its a no-no I know) but my legs felt so good I just didn't feel like doing the boring ol' LISS.

    And I'm still alive
    TWITTER.COM/DJBEANPOLE
    YOUTUBE.COM/DJBEANPOLEREVIEWS
    DJBEANPOLE.COM

  26. making great progress DJBP

    bitta E before HIIT is crazy...dibs on ya stack hahahahahahah

    keep crushing it.
    ...::: Olympus Labs Representative :::...
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

  27. Quote Originally Posted by DJBeanPole
    JULY 16TH: HIIT

    Yea good ol' HIIT baby! No cramps this time either. What was different, you say? I ATE first. I broke my fast prior to running to help give myself some fuel. Threw down 20g BCAA plus a sandwich my woman got me from Panera. So there goes the carbs for the day (technically a BURN day although I know that HIIT days should be considered BUILD/ON days... but I digress). Felt very good. Popped my EC, 2x Alphaburn, 1x Reduce, a scoop of Craze and headed off to the gym for the fun times. Felt really good too. Gym was packed, hot as hell. I can usually tell without looking down at the treadmill when I've hit the mile mark because its around this distance that usually the first bead of sweat will roll off my forehead. Well... it wasn't so much a bead... more like the Niagra Falls of sweat. Seriously with each step I took a bead of sweat would fly off of me. I could see it as I was sprinting. It probably looked crazy to anyone next to me. Like there was a little sweat raincloud above my head! In the end I ran for 10 cycles of 6mph jog 90 sec + 30 sec sprint at 9.0mph (not including warmup/cooldown).

    425 calories. 2.75 miles. 28 minutes. Ownage.

    Tomorrow is supposed to be off day. I'm thinking I might make it shoulders. A good friend of mine who is also an avid weightlifter wants to do legs on Saturday so I may just swap shoulders for legs! Hell yea!

    DJ
    Wow....425 cal burned in less than 1/2 hour. Awesome !!!
    I started a new log at:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/228939-fumoney-takes-ironmag.html

  28. I see someone's leaner, more dedicated and driven than before !! Keep it up Antman! YOU GOT THIS!
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

  29. JULY 17TH: SHOULDERS

    Today would usually be reserved for legs but I haven't lifted with my old partner for quite some time and the only day we could get together was Saturday. When I asked him what day that would be for him he told me legs, so I adjusted my schedule slightly to coincide with his plans. Today was shoulders, Thursday will be Back/Bis, and Saturday will be Legs. And then after that I'll enter into my final week of training for Phase 3. Damn man. Time moves FAST. I had every intention today of leaving the gym in massive amounts of pain while leaving behind a ton of worries and life problems to die off on the gym floor. I went in expecting to burn out my traps. I was still suffering from second day (typically for me the worst day) DOMS from Chest/Tris (moreso in the chest), but I also feel much more "puffed up" when I feel like that. Almost like I feel bigger. So I was happy to go in and try to make myself feel even bigger today.

    DB SHOULDER PRESS: 50x12,12,12 each rep was focused and smooth. Stopped at 90 degrees on the negative. Tried to squeeze my blades together at the top of each movement. DBs were not enough...

    HAMMER STRENGTH PRESS: At the suggestion of Evan666, I decided to give HS a try and see what it felt like. While it felt different, I did feel like it hit a few slightly different areas of focus in regards to the shoulders. Not sure if it'll stay in the routine though. Think I may have SNAPPED some **** up in my right clavicle. It tweaks every now and again if I turned my head too fast. 90x8,8,8

    BARBELL PRESS: For dropsets. 75x9 65x5 45x8

    HAMMERSTRENGTH SHRUGS: 185x12 225x10 felt heavy, form dithering... 185x12,10 135x13,12

    DB SHRUGS: For dropsets. 60x10 45x10 30x10

    STRRAIGHT ARM RAISE: 25x12,12

    LATERAL ARM RAISE: 25x12,10 switched to seated, elbows bent (like how it would be on the HS machine) 25x8,6 with 2 second hold at each contraction for each rep... burning sensations EVERYWHERE

    REAR DELT FLYS: 15x12 too heavy, form bad 10x12,12 switched to machine 105x12,10 60neg x12 BURNNNNNNN

    UPRIGHT ROW: 70x10,10,10 held at the top for 1-2 seconds for maximum squeeze, controlled negative with a nice stretch at the bottom

    Walked out feeling like a RAIL. Felt fantastic. Dropping the weight on a lot of the exercises and actually allowing myself to feel the stretch/squeeze has really made a difference for me. Hypertrophy is the name of the game and I'm looking for growth!

    Stay tuned,

    DJ

    And I really am going to get the damn video review up I promise. I just haven't had the free time to film it!
    TWITTER.COM/DJBEANPOLE
    YOUTUBE.COM/DJBEANPOLEREVIEWS
    DJBEANPOLE.COM

  30. Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    I see someone's leaner, more dedicated and driven than before !! Keep it up Antman! YOU GOT THIS!
    HEll yea man! I'm looking to make ALL KINDS of GAINNNNNS.
    TWITTER.COM/DJBEANPOLE
    YOUTUBE.COM/DJBEANPOLEREVIEWS
    DJBEANPOLE.COM
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. DJBeanPole Begins CUT PHASE 2: Erase Pro + DCP (unsponsored)
    By DJBeanPole in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 224
    Last Post: 07-05-2012, 07:48 PM
  2. Cutting log with AE, AB, Reduce-XT & EC (unsponsored)
    By Wocheezy in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-07-2012, 12:20 PM
  3. Reduce XT
    By DAdams91982 in forum Serious Nutrition Solutions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-09-2005, 12:41 PM
  4. lean xtrem vs reduce xt
    By utvol in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-28-2005, 10:20 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-04-2005, 01:55 PM
Log in
Log in