HP's Summer of Alpha with Athletix Sports Stack

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Hello Everyone and Welcome to my log. My name is Kevin and I have been honorably chosen to run a stack provided by JD and Athletix Sports. I'm currently in PHASE III of my training which began in January. This summer I have made it my mission to get as lean as possible while maintaining all my strength. Many people spend a lifetime by bulking and cutting. I on the other hand have gone on multiple schemes to cut weight and each time I do I actually gain weight. In fact I gain very easily.

Over the last two and half years I've competing in several Powerlifting contests. One as recently as June 23-24 @ York Barbell, called the 2012 IPA Powerlifting Spectacular. I started with PureAthletic Power and began building my brand from there. PureAthleticPower or PAP is a non sanctioned venue which continually grew within the Southwest Virginia Area but failed to give anything worth being proud of. I have collected several plastic trophies and certificates, all which have made their way into the trash. The guy running PAP has billed the participants for large amounts to participate and purchased cheap awards. I have earned nothing less than first place in the RAW SUBmaster SHW division This last contest I earned a significant trophy which has made me proud to hold and cherish for a lifetime. A new chapter has begun in my career.

To go back a bit furthur, I stand 6'5" and weigh according to York BB, 351.2 lbs. Wow. Since last August 2011 I weighed in @ 308. All which has been gained utilizing nothing but natural products. Sure you can call BS in fact, I will even go furthur to tell you summer 92 I weighed in @ 190. I grew up playing basketball all my life until I graduated colege. My downfall of weight gain began when I broke my ankle senior year as a ROTC Army Cadet @ Shippensburg University. One thing no one told me was you can't eat like you do if your not running or balling. Thus began a huge rollercoaster of gainning and losing weight until I topped out at 290 in 2005 while in the Navy.

Did I ever play football? I never played growing up except a little pop warner, yet daily I get mistaken for playing RIGHT now. Folks I just turned 39 last friday. I have walked on to two semi pro teams in the past HAMPTON ROADS BULLDOGS, BLUEFIELD BARONS and possibly this fall I may walk onto an ARENA team in Kentucky, 45 minutes away.

Why the long winded history. It's not nearly enough to explain who I am. It is enough to get you started. I never in my life have I utilized enhancements or any other drugs to gain my size. In fact I always try to lose it, yet I gain and it's a bit ridiculous, I will not sacrifice my strength to do it.

I averaged 405 on the press but 425 is a personal best in competition, I have pushed a 450 in the gym. Utilizing the USPLABS line I have gained a tremmendous amount of strength throughout last year and now. My lineup currently is Licogenix/Formula X/Division 1.

I follow many logs on this forum and decided to add my own in order to hold myself accountable but to continue striving for the big 500. Nothing will stop me. I plan on updating weekly. I love powerlifting and plan to do it till I can't lift my arms. Without furthur ado lets get this started! Salute!

Current Maxes: Competition Only
Squat: 475
Bench: 425, 315X20 Reps, 365X10
Incline Bench: 385
Close Grip Bench: 405
Deadlift: 565
Friday June 29, 2012

Workout consisited of Chest/Back Focus

Pullups/Chinups: 12,10,9,9,8, 6 Wide, 6 Wide, 5 Wide
Bench Press:365X5,355X5, 345X5, 335X5, 325X5 (no burnout due to time)

Goals for Next week 7/1/12-7/7/12:

Bench: 375X5, 365X5, 355X5, 345X5, 335X5 and 325X15 Burnout.

Incline bench: 315X8 Final Set.

CGB: 415X1

Pullup Sessions (Week1, FIRST Week of Program Level 2),
Session I: 12/10/9/9/8
Session II: 12/10/10/9
Session III: 13/10/10/9/8

Deadlift: 315X15
Squat: 315X20

DSC00360.jpg

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
The Stack

Division 1- 2 caps in the morning, 1 cap mid day and 1 cap pre-bed.

Licogenix- 2 caps in the morning and 2 caps at night(try to get it 12 hours after first dose). Some guys prefer 6 caps a day, others found they got a bit dry and went back down to 4 caps.

Formula-X- This can be dosed many ways, I would try dosing 1 scoop pre-workout and on your next workout day try 1 scoop intra-workout, see which dosing you like more, I'm really liking the intra dosing, best recovery product I've used for intra-supplements, the ultimate intra-workout test booster as well On off days use 1 scoop in the morning OR before bed, see what works for you best.

The Diet Plan​

Summer 2012-Beginning Today June-September

Burn Days - I will eat between 1-9PM (Some Days 2-8) I will start eating when I feel ready to eat after 2:00 but basically skipping one meal for enjoyment sake on the other two meals. Probably somewhere aroun 3:00 PM.

Build Days -Will be semi fasted training 4:30-6:00, I will have pre and intra work out heavy aminos (Formula-X). Post workout -About 6:30 AM I will have an amino / protein shake with some fast absorbing carbs like WMS. I will eat my first whole food meal about 2 hours post workout and then eat every 4 hours or so getting in about 3 more meals that day ending with my last meal when I get home from work with the family, and my evening protein source around 8:00-8:30 That will end up being about 14 hours of feeding in for the day on Build days. I am still playing with the macros in my head, however tapering the carbs is more than likely, or completely the opposite and back loading the carbs by not having any after the post workout shake until dinner.

Workout Plan​

Chest: Day 1
Barbell or dumbbell bench press 5x5 (Reverse Pyramid)
Chin-ups/Pullups 10x10
Dumbbell pullovers 3x10

Abdominals: Day 2
Abdominals Leg lifts 3x15
Reverse crunches 3x15
Side crunch 3x15
Double crunch 3x15
Crunch 3x15
Hyperextensions 3x15

Wheels: Day 3
Legs Squats or leg press 10x10
Deadlifts 10x10
Seated calf raises 3x15
Standing calf raises 3x15

(Same as Day Two) Abdominals/Chest/Delts/Traps: Day 4
Incline Bench: 3X8
Shoulder Presses: 2X8
Shrugs 2X15
Pullups/Chinups/Wide Pullups

Arms and Shoulders
Parallel dip bars 10x10
Preacher curls 10x10
Arnold presses 3x10
Side bench raises 3x10

CaptHowdy5150

CaptHowdy5150

Awards
  • Established
You know I'm in on this HP.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
FIRST! Looking forward to following your log!
No doubt! I'm going to make this fun!

You know I'm in on this HP.
Cool! I'm honored you guys are here. I'm making additions to the first two posts so be patient. This editing is a bit like work. I'm trying to get this perfected to what I want to begin this log.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
IPA Powerlifting Spectacular @ York Barbell June 23-24-This is how it went down

The Meet was awesome. I can't believe a difference it makes when you have to conduct your lifts in front of a foreign audience in a different venue. Yesterday I competed in front of my home crowd although I was away from home. I'll clarify, I live in Va for the past 12yrs but competed in York,PA in my backyard where I grew up. So although I competed locally in non sanctioned events with judges this is the first where I competed where I could be ranked nationally and hold a or a few world records.

So when the day began the anticiaption was buillding. For some reason a lot of eyes were on me. I guess it's because I stand 6'5" and weighed in at a solid 351.2lbs. WOW. Bigger than I expected or believed. I'm shocked at this but oh well. I get prepared in the rear to warm up and since I never have done squat in a comp before I was being helped by many people on stance and technique. These guys were awesome. The openers were posted and I was first since I had the lowest begining weight. I get into position and boom 225 with ease. On attempt number two I chose too low again but it was a confidence builder 350 in and out. Now I decide on the last and final. I go for it, 475. No one believed I was even considering it but I knew now it was now or never. Down, down, down, the I hear UP. I'm thinking wow all I need to do is stand, I'm rising, rising and just before I get to the top I lost focus and took a step forward, regrouped and finished. Three red lights, Damn. Yet I hear the claps and get a few pats and walked because I know I accomplished a lot by trying. I could have copped out and stopped at 405, 425 or even 455. I decided I needed to make a mark.

Next are my strongest lifts. I knew this was my time to hit it big. My name is called 6 on the list. I began easy just to get on the board with 375. I then decided to go with my bread and butter 405. Final and third lift I is a thorn. After looking at multiple 1rm calculators and much hard pain. I decided to go for it. I have done it before in competition but not after squatting. The spotter comes to the bar and whispers on my mark. 3....2...1...Up and I take control. I say let it go. Down. Here we go I have to stop it. On the chest, the command comes...PRESS...1/4 of the way...smooth. 1/2 way it's going.......nice 3/4...trouble but just for a nano.......Locked....it's over.....RACK. I freaking did it. A year and half later after doing it before in comp. I nailed it. Damn it feels good. All that work in the gym paid off.

On to the deadlift, my final lift. I began easy. 475. Just to get on the board. Then I did something I should not have done. I decided to go after the RAW amateur submaster record, 560. Long story short, I missed my last two lifts, couldn't lock out. I didn't account for the squat taking away from my dead. In November I will make sure it doesn't matter. How disappointing, but I still walked off with first place in this division, WHY? Due to me being the only one in my category. Remember there aren't many who will even admit that. Also, there aren't many my age who do it. There are records and I will break two in November 2012. I did travel 8 hrs to compete and visit family. Again, not many 36-39yr olds powerlift. I did awesome and will be back. Believe that. August is my benchmark to hit 440 in a PAP meet just for measure. November I will return to York to get swole and steel two world records.

Athletix Sports will be my catalist to hit those numbers. I train bench with a reverse pyramid fashion. All other work is in the ascending pyramid of 8-12 reps respectively. I hope tp run this 8 weeks to coincide with my next meet which will be an Ironman Meet (Bench/Dead). The award will ****ty but my greatest reward will be hitting that number. Now lets get it!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed! Will be back to read over everything tomorrow :) Thanks for linking the log!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Almost finished teeking the begining of this log. I have bnot gone and gotten any blood work done but decided to just jump right in. How am I going to gauge progress? I'm in week 10 of my 22 week program I built. I will determine based on my success to continue moving up the ladder until week 14 whether my strength is continuing to climb and my waist coontinues to get smaller to lean out. Those are the best results in my opinion. Ultimately I can give it total praise if I hit my new benchmark in 8 weeks at my next meet, which is local @ 440lbs. It's only 15lbs more than where I hit 425 last Sunday in Competition. This will give me the final say on how Athletix sports and their supps helped me with my goals. I make nothing up and I hold no punches. This will be a true review for the masses. I live from the inside out. What does this mean? I let my body tell me how I'm feeling and whether or not to push the weights or even back off.

For example before last FrIday I stopped training for my comeptition for almost two weeks straight. One week before comp and an additional week following just to heal up and since i was out of town. When i got back last Thursday I went to the gym Friday afternoon before having to pull security at a concert that same evening. I had to go two gyms because I do pullups at the community college and bench work at the YMCA 30 minutes away from my home. Retarded, yeah maybe, but I have my reasons why and I still bench over 400+. I'll do it the way I want.

I arrived at the concert a half hour late but no one cared, especially since my sole job was enclosed @ center stage front, right below the artists on stage. Whom was I protecting, Eric Church and his family and others. So all in all it was awesome until everyone had to leave due to a tornado which formed less than 3 miles away from the area (Bluefiled, WV @ Mitchel Stadium). There were a lot of pissed off people. Oh well, let's do it again next year.

Cheers to those who stick with me through this journey. I hope to be able to push this log for a full 8 weeks, but we will see how the first 4 goes. Work hard and feel free to comment on anything or ask questions during this run, this is my first log on this site and what an awesome beginning it is.

Thank you so much JD and the Athletix Sports staff for your support and sponsorship to run these products and run this log.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
July 2, 2012 WORKOUT

BENCH PRESS: 375x5, 365x5, 355x5, 345x5, 335x5
INCLINE BENCH: 135x5, 225x10, 245x8, 275x5
CABLE CROSSOVERS: 100x10 (top) 3 sets, 100x10 (middle) 3sets, 80x10 (lower) 3sets

CARDIO: PWO 3.0 incline@ 3.1 mph (ramping up)

*NOTE
Loving Formula-X. Awesome mixability/ taste/ recovery. So far so good also with the attributes of Division 1/Licogenix. Meaning to be able to rush on Friday to hit a reverse pyramid and begin the stack over the weekend. I returned to the gym and still stepped up into the next step of my program and hit my numbers. The last workout was listed for Friday and today. Compare the two and you will see what I mean. I'm stoked see how this helps in my complete 8 week reverse pyramid template which I will eventually hit a PR and rep out 405 at the end of my total 21 week program. AI brought me something big to end it all and finally target 440 with a .......... PAUSE........on August 18. Again it's early to tell but I'm at east giving the stack an A since I competed last Sunday, hit the gym on Friday and benched begining with 365 and in less than three days began the reverse Ladder @ 375. If everything is true then I should be able to heal and continue next week with the top weight in the reverse ladder @ 385. We shall see. Let's Go..........Salute!

FORMULA-X Initial Review of this product

Taste:10/10 Awesome! Just like Pink Lemonade in the stores.
Mixability: 10/10 Mixes nicely and quickly.
Pump : 10/10 Allowed me to get recovered over a long weekend with heavy back to back Bench Workouts which are my bread and butter of Powerlifitng.
Endurance:0/0 Still working on this factor!
Strength:0/0 Still working on this factor!
Negative: None to note!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Props for going all out on the bench at comp time man, sounds like you did a pretty awesome job. This is going to be an awesome log to follow, keep up the good work!

CaptHowdy5150

CaptHowdy5150

Awards
  • Established
Awesome job bro! I know what kind of logs you can put up and I'm looking forward to this one. Hoping to see you get that 500.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Awesome job bro! I know what kind of logs you can put up and I'm looking forward to this one. Hoping to see you get that 500.
I definitely will work towards it even if it takes me another year or two. It will happen, God willing, whom I give all the glory and credit to all and everything I am and do on this earth.

Props for going all out on the bench at comp time man, sounds like you did a pretty awesome job. This is going to be an awesome log to follow, keep up the good work!
Thanks a lot. I definitely want to make this worth while and a true assesment since you gave me this awesome opportunity, JD (and your company). Just remember to always go back to the beginning when I post something. Sometimes when I post a skeleton of a workout and such it's on my IPAD. When I get to work I touch it up and make it look more presentable and add info as well. I want this to be a model of what to expect when you give me a sponsored opportunity.

LiftT

LiftT

Awards
Great start! Sub'd in for the rest!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hope you had or have a great workout today!

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow, just passing by but could not stop looking. Gotta park myself and watch officially.

Sub'd !

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow, just passing by but could not stop looking. Gotta park myself and watch officially.

Sub'd !
Hell yeah Demolition Man! This is going to be a wicked log:D

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Day 4 Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Hit the gym for some pullups/Chinups. Didn't do my wide finishers due to fatigue. I had a long weekend when you consider returning from PA last Thurday, Hitting the gym Friday for some heavy reverse bench pressing leading with 365 down to 325. Pulling security Saturday for Eric Church and his family&friends im Bluefield WV and doing another heavy bench Monday leading with 375 down to 335. All is well and recovery is sick. I noticed Formula-X has been helping in this department but the jury is still out with the leaning effects of Licogenix and strength increase with Division 1. Too early to tell. I'm loving the stack and have a full/pumped feeling all day for the last few days.

My session went like this 12/10/9/9/8. Next Monday will give me a true test at how well things are helping since I will be one week in and hitting 385x5 down to 345x5. Why am I using bench as a measure? I'm using bench as a measure because these shall help me do something i have never done, ultimately hit 440. I haven't reached this benchmark in competition. Do I do any other exercises, of course I do! Benching is my bread and butter. I love to do it. There are many who hate it, just don't knock my hustle.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Day 5 4th of July! Off Day!

:usa:

Happy 236th Birthday USA! Salute!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Happy Birthday USA!

Great update!

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Crap just got here but already loving this log, nice set up and details brother packers in da house!!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Crap just got here but already loving this log, nice set up and details brother packers in da house!!
No doubt, appreciate you stopping by! Feel free to comment as you please.

Day 6 Thursday July 5, 2012

Got to run to the house. Wifey had no power for a few hours due to a storm which just come through. Lost power at work as well. We are slowly getting the field up and running as well (towers/well sites). I work for a gas company. I don't know if I will make it to the gym tonight but I will update if I do. Also, our 5 month old son kept mommy up all night while I slept well, like a baby. So I must go and seperate them and get her some sleep. Off night again, probably. I will definitely make it up Friday and Saturday AM, believe that. Alright that is all for now, check you guys in a few......................................!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you get in today have a good one! if not then have a good one tomorrow :D

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hope all is well bro, we keep getting them here in Bama as well. I went out and played in the storms myself lol.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hope all is well bro, we keep getting them here in Bama as well. I went out and played in the storms myself lol.
Weather has been weird here in Canada, couple week ago had some crazy big hail coming down, they were the size of golf balls coming down hard lol. All week now it's just been crazy hot.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, my 2012 Dodge Ram took major HAIL damage Sunday. Now I have to take it in for repair. Luckily it's a company truck. Anyways, yesterday we got our power back company and at home. Everything was all good at home. At work, I spent the entire day chasing power problems and our measurement department is spending the weekend doing hand collections since we still have these issues. I did all I could to get things in order on my end.

Also, I was up since 3am with my son because my wife had no sleep in the last few days. A sacrifice so I could go to the gym without any fuss after work. I made it there although I was a bit spent, I did work.................

Day 7 JULY 6, 2012

WORKOUT

T-BAR ROW: 2 plates x 10
3 plates x 10
4 plates x 10
5 plates x 10
6 plates x 8
7 plates x 4 (PR)

CLOSE GRIP BENCH: 135x5, 225x5, 275x5, 315x5, 405x1 (done before, but done on very little sleep)
INCLINE BENCH: 225x10x2 sets
PULLDOWN: 200x10x4 sets (REAR, STACK)
LOW CABLE ROW: 200x10x4 (STACK)

*NOTE
FORMULA-X is awesome. I can't get over how good it tastes and how well it mixes. Also, please do not under estimate my volume and yes, I did 405 at the end of the week, close grip fashion. Add this all up. In two short weeks what I've done bench wise, including comp. on June 23-24. Add up the workouts and how close the loads are. SUNDAY JUNE 24 Comp. 375, 405, 425 next reverse bench June 29 @ 365, 355, 345, 335, 325 then July 2 reverse bench 375, 365, 355, 345, 335 and today's workout. I plan to do a reverse on Monday 385, 375, 365, 355, 345 with a 315 burnout. WTF DOES THIS MEAN? Well, I would say after Monday Licogenix-Division 1-Formula-X been having a positive effect. What do you think? Salute!

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good numbers there bro sorry to hear bout the hail! We had some too but thankfully miss my truck. It was 105 then boom tstorm for 20minutes then back to 105 with steam only in Alabama.

CaptHowdy5150

CaptHowdy5150

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, my 2012 Dodge Ram took major HAIL damage Sunday. Now I have to take it in for repair. Luckily it's a company truck. Anyways, yesterday we got our power back company and at home. Everything was all good at home. At work, I spent the entire day chasing power problems and our measurement department is spending the weekend doing hand collections since we still have these issues. I did all I could to get things in order on my end.

Also, I was up since 3am with my son because my wife had no sleep in the last few days. A sacrifice so I could go to the gym without any fuss after work. I made it there although I was a bit spent, I did work.................

Day 8 JULY 6, 2012

WORKOUT

T-BAR ROW: 2 plates x 10
3 plates x 10
4 plates x 10
5 plates x 10
6 plates x 8
7 plates x 4 (PR)

CLOSE GRIP BENCH: 135x5, 225x5, 275x5, 315x5, 405x1 (done before, but done on very little sleep)

*NOTE
FORMULA-X is awesome. I can't get over how good it tastes and how well it mixes. Also, please do not under estimate my volume and yes, I did 405 at the end of the week, close grip fashion. Add this all up. In two short weeks what I've done bench wise, including comp. on June 23-24. Add up the workouts and how close the loads are. SUNDAY JUNE 24 Comp. 375, 405, 425 next reverse bench June 29 @ 365, 355, 345, 335, 325 then July 2 reverse bench 375, 365, 355, 345, 335 and today's workout. I plan to do a reverse on Monday 385, 375, 365, 355, 345 with a 315 burnout. WTF DOES THIS MEAN? Well, I would say after Monday Licogenix-Division 1-Formula-X been having a positive effect. What do you think? Salute!
Awesome numbers HP! Congrats on the PR!

Good numbers there bro sorry to hear bout the hail! We had some too but thankfully miss my truck. It was 105 then boom tstorm for 20minutes then back to 105 with steam only in Alabama.
Yeah, the weather is freaky down here lately. The storm that rolled in around 2 A.M. was nothing nice.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry to hear about the hail, weird weather everywhere it seems. So hot here right now, I like the heat, but not this much lol

Congrats on the PR! Wicked stuff, looks like this stack is starting to kick in.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear about the hail, weird weather everywhere it seems. So hot here right now, I like the heat, but not this much lol

Congrats on the PR! Wicked stuff, looks like this stack is starting to kick in.
Yeah, hot as h^*¥, here also. I'm begining to see some positive results, I bumped the Licogenix to 6 to see where these others were mentioning drying out. I haven't felt no such way. I must be an exception. I even been using the third dose on an empty belly. I can take anything without having to eat. The first two doses are done with meals. I imagine I'll run out of it first. Got to go, watching baby sleep, so he doesn't roll of the couch. Wifey, up all night again. When she wakes I'm going to workout.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
July 8, 2012 Day 11 My Father's Birthday

I didn't get to make it to the gym Friday. I have missed doing my wheels this week. I plan to try and get it in today. Next week I should be able to get on track. Holiday is done and vacation is over. Fully recovered. Let's get it!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, hot as h^*¥, here also. I'm begining to see some positive results, I bumped the Licogenix to 6 to see where these others were mentioning drying out. I haven't felt no such way. I must be an exception. I even been using the third dose on an empty belly. I can take anything without having to eat. The first two doses are done with meals. I imagine I'll run out of it first. Got to go, watching baby sleep, so he doesn't roll of the couch. Wifey, up all night again. When she wakes I'm going to workout.
Dosing on most supplements all together I'm sure would have to be dosed higher for you since your a big guy, one guy did dose Division 1 at 8 caps a day because he was around 280.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
What up Pack, nice to have you here.

Dosing on most supplements all together I'm sure would have to be dosed higher for you since your a big guy, one guy did dose Division 1 at 8 caps a day because he was around 280.
I wish I knew this in the begininng. I thought about it but left it the same. It's on now.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Day 11 JULY 09, 2012

WORKOUT

BENCH BENCH: 135x5, 225x5, 275x5, 385x5, 375x5, 365x5, 355x5, 345x5
Cable Crossovers: 3 Way: 100x10x3
Cardio: 30 minutes 3.1 [email protected] incline PWO

*NOTE
Done as stated. According to my calculator this will place me at a max of 435. I know calculators can give you false indications. The one I use gave me what I needed to make an attempt at my last meet. So stay tuned tonight for my update. Did I mention I'm loving this stack!

Got to get my mind right before going to the gym. Over the weekend our AC unit has been out and it has been over 80 degrees in my home. This is not good when you are taking care of a wife and baby. I'm pissed becuase I asked a tech to come out last month when it was acting up and he stated he could find nothing. SO I asked a friend and one of his coworkers, who is qualified in AC units to come and look at it. Luckily the heat is dying down so turning it off last night in hopes that maybe the unit has frozen lines, could unfreeze. We shall see.

farmtireguy

farmtireguy

Awards
  • Established
Freezing lines is a sign of low freon in the system.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
I thought that also but the tech who came by said there was plenty in there when it first started.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great numbers on the bench!

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You are a beast. Great workout man !

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Goodnight man I just lost a nut looking at them numbers way to go bro that is wicked post!

Day 8 JULY 6, 2012

WORKOUT

BENCH BENCH: 135x5, 225x5, 275x5, 385x5, 375x5, 365x5, 355x5, 345x5
Cable Crossovers: 3 Way: 100x10x3

*NOTE
This is part of the plan tonight. I will modify this once I complete the workout. According to my calculator this will place me at a max of 435. I know calculators can give you false indications. The one I use gave me what I needed to make an attempt at my last meet. So stay tuned tonight for my update. Did I mention I'm loving this stack!

Got to get my mind right before going to the gym. Over the weekend our AC unit has been out and it has been over 80 degrees in my home. This is not good when you are taking care of a wife and baby. I'm pissed becuase I asked a tech to come out last month when it was acting up and he stated he could find nothing. SO I asked a friend and one of his coworkers, who is qualified in AC units to come and look at it. Luckily the heat is dying down so turning it off last night in hopes that maybe the unit has frozen lines, could unfreeze. We shall see.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Great numbers on the bench!
Thanks, their on their way up.

You are a beast. Great workout man !
Appreciate it!

Goodnight man I just lost a nut looking at them numbers way to go bro that is wicked post!
Thank you, I look so forward to Mondays. It kicks off my week. Next week I plan to hit a reverse of 395x5, 385x5, 375x5, 365x5, 355x5 then deload. This will be a PR in my pyramid. I have never hit those numbers before in a regular workout. We shall see how well this stack lives up to the billing. I'm going to push it to see just how well it works in combined strength and recovery. Stay tuned.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Day 12 Wednesday July 11, 2012

Workout:

Squats: 315x8 (4 Sets), 395x2

Deadlift: warmup, 385x1x1, 315x15

Leg Press: 275X20

Note* I love squating and Deadlifting on the same day. I have been doing it for over 1.5 years. I usually split my back into an upper and lower day and hit upper/chest Monday and Legs and Lower Tuesday. Why? A program I found on T-nation called Twelve Weeks to a Better Deadlift. This progarm raised my Deadlift from 405 single to a 565 Deadlift in one year ( Jan 2011 to Jan 2012 ) which I pulled in a pureathleticpower local meet.

Anyways, I raised the amount of Division 1/Licogenix to 6 caps daily due to my size. Formula-X has been bumped to two scoops for half gallon I drink. This makes it 4 scoops daily. Recovery is awesome.

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
July 11, 2012

Workout:

Note* I love squating and Deadlifting on the same day. I have been doing it for over 1.5 years. I usually split my back into an upper and lower day and hit upper/chest Monday and Legs and Lower Tuesday. Why? A program I found on T-nation called Twelve Weeks to a Better Deadlift. This progarm raised my Deadlift from 405 single to a 565 Deadlift in one year ( Jan 2011 to Jan 2012 ) which I pulled in a pureathleticpower local meet.

Anyways, I raised the amount of Division 1/Licogenix to 6 caps daily due to my size. Formula-X has been bumped to two scoops for half gallon I drink. This makes it 4 scoops daily. Recovery is awesome.
That's a power packed workout !

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
4 scoops! Damn man I wouldn't go over 2 scoops a day of Formula-X, 4 scoops is a lot of DAA!

sidoious

sidoious

Banned
Awards
  • Established
July 11, 2012

Workout:

Why so much? What ingredient are you trying to maximize? You could do one scoop and add BCAAs, maybe more stims...product is pretty much good as is as far as DAA and LCLT.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
That's a power packed workout !
It's one I have gotten from the site and it's awesome. It has increased my back strength immensley.

4 scoops! Damn man I wouldn't go over 2 scoops a day of Formula-X, 4 scoops is a lot of DAA!
The basic premise was not to increase it for the stimulants at all. Actually I have a very, very high tolerance to stims. I can take any supp on an empty and carry on with my day. I have taken other supps with some stims which weren't meant to mix together and been fine. The idea was to drink a gallon first half of day with 2 scoops and a gallon second half day into the next morning. Meaning, the second half begins intra workout throughout night into next morning. I have it in case I wake up in middle of night and drink the rest. I will only utilize 1 scoop in the AM and 1 scoop in the PM.

Why so much? What ingredient are you trying to maximize? You could do one scoop and add BCAAs, maybe more stims...product is pretty much good as is as far as DAA and LCLT.
As noted above I'm not trying to maximize anything ingredient wise. The product is great as far as I'm concerned. Tell me how many people you know who doesn't experiment a little to see what they can tolerate or helps them better than what is listed on the label. If you didn't then why have people use the products at all outside of purchasing it yourself. If I followed workouts according to how one person wrote it and never mixed, matched, added and subtracted what worked or didn't then I wouild look like everyone else who is fat and dumpy @ 300+.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Day 13 Thursday JULY 12, 2012

WORKOUT

PULLUPS/CHINUPS AM: 15,12,11,9,8

T-BAR ROW PM:
2 plates x 10
3 plates x 10
4 plates x 10
5 plates x 10
6 plates x 8
7 plates x 4 (Felt good-should have tried a 5th rep)

MILITARY PRESS: 135X10X2 (Sets)
SIDE RAISES: 15x15x2 (Sets)
BB SHRUGS: 225X15X2 (Sets)
CARDIO 45 minutes @3.0 mph on 3.0 Incline raised every 5 minutes.

*NOTE

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd have to be carried out of the gym on a stretcher after that kinda leg day!! Strong numbers!!!

July 11, 2012

Workout:

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's one I have gotten from the site and it's awesome. It has increased my back strength immensley.

The basic premise was not to increase it for the stimulants at all. Actually I have a very, very high tolerance to stims. I can take any supp on an empty and carry on with my day. I have taken other supps with some stims which weren't meant to mix together and been fine. The idea was to drink a gallon first half of day with 2 scoops and a gallon second half day into the next morning. Meaning, the second half begins intra workout throughout night into next morning. I have it in case I wake up in middle of night and drink the rest. I will only utilize 1 scoop in the AM and 1 scoop in the PM.

As noted above I'm not trying to maximize anything ingredient wise. The product is great as far as I'm concerned. Tell me how many people you know who doesn't experiment a little to see what they can tolerate or helps them better than what is listed on the label. If you didn't then why have people use the products at all outside of purchasing it yourself. If I followed workouts according to how one person wrote it and never mixed, matched, added and subtracted what worked or didn't then I wouild look like everyone else who is fat and dumpy @ 300+.
Formula-X contains no stims, only thing that will boost energy per say is the NAT, but thats a natural energy/aggression boost. I think you may be getting the DAA mixed up with DMAA, two different things all together. The DAA is D-Aspartic Acid, it's a testosterone boosting amino acid thats been shown to boost testosterone by up to 42% in normal healthy men. I'm not worried about stims, but I am worried dosing that much DAA may lead to toxicity.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Formula-X contains no stims, only thing that will boost energy per say is the NAT, but thats a natural energy/aggression boost. I think you may be getting the DAA mixed up with DMAA, two different things all together. The DAA is D-Aspartic Acid, it's a testosterone boosting amino acid thats been shown to boost testosterone by up to 42% in normal healthy men. I'm not worried about stims, but I am worried dosing that much DAA may lead to toxicity.
I'm still utilizing it as directed on the label so no worries!

Do you have any advice on stopping a 5 month old baby who doesn't want to sleep, from crying even though he is tired? I've been up since 3am, took him on a drive tio McD's to get coffee and gas, he's smiling at me. So we drive furthur up the road to the next town (25 minutes away) and finally he falls asleep. I get home and leave him in the car seat, while he slept quietly (for 4hrs). This lil dude doesn't like to sleep at all.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm still utilizing it as directed on the label so no worries!

Do you have any advice on stopping a 5 month old baby who doesn't want to sleep, from crying even though he is tired? I've been up since 3am, took him on a drive tio McD's to get coffee and gas, he's smiling at me. So we drive furthur up the road to the next town (25 minutes away) and finally he falls asleep. I get home and leave him in the car seat, while he slept quietly (for 4hrs). This lil dude doesn't like to sleep at all.

Sorry can't help ya there, I have no kids, only got some cats with the wife for now lol