HP's Summer of Alpha with Athletix Sports Stack

Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last
  1. July 8, 2012 Day 11 My Father's Birthday

I didn't get to make it to the gym Friday. I have missed doing my wheels this week. I plan to try and get it in today. Next week I should be able to get on track. Holiday is done and vacation is over. Fully recovered. Let's get it!

2. Quote Originally Posted by HokiePride View Post
    Yeah, hot as h^*, here also. I'm begining to see some positive results, I bumped the Licogenix to 6 to see where these others were mentioning drying out. I haven't felt no such way. I must be an exception. I even been using the third dose on an empty belly. I can take anything without having to eat. The first two doses are done with meals. I imagine I'll run out of it first. Got to go, watching baby sleep, so he doesn't roll of the couch. Wifey, up all night again. When she wakes I'm going to workout.
    Dosing on most supplements all together I'm sure would have to be dosed higher for you since your a big guy, one guy did dose Division 1 at 8 caps a day because he was around 280.
    Core Nutritionals Representative
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by packers6211 View Post
    Crap just got here but already loving this log, nice set up and details brother packers in da house!!
    What up Pack, nice to have you here.

Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post
    Dosing on most supplements all together I'm sure would have to be dosed higher for you since your a big guy, one guy did dose Division 1 at 8 caps a day because he was around 280.
    I wish I knew this in the begininng. I thought about it but left it the same. It's on now.
  4. Day 11 JULY 09, 2012

WORKOUT

BENCH BENCH: 135x5, 225x5, 275x5, 385x5, 375x5, 365x5, 355x5, 345x5
    INCLINE BENCH: 225x10x2 sets
    Cable Crossovers: 3 Way: 100x10x3
    Cardio: 30 minutes 3.1 [email protected] incline PWO

*NOTE
    Done as stated. According to my calculator this will place me at a max of 435. I know calculators can give you false indications. The one I use gave me what I needed to make an attempt at my last meet. So stay tuned tonight for my update. Did I mention I'm loving this stack!

Got to get my mind right before going to the gym. Over the weekend our AC unit has been out and it has been over 80 degrees in my home. This is not good when you are taking care of a wife and baby. I'm pissed becuase I asked a tech to come out last month when it was acting up and he stated he could find nothing. SO I asked a friend and one of his coworkers, who is qualified in AC units to come and look at it. Luckily the heat is dying down so turning it off last night in hopes that maybe the unit has frozen lines, could unfreeze. We shall see.

5. Freezing lines is a sign of low freon in the system.
    It is not the kind of car you drive. It is whether you can flip it.

6. I thought that also but the tech who came by said there was plenty in there when it first started.

7. Great numbers on the bench!

8. You are a beast. Great workout man !
    I started a new log at:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/228939-fumoney-takes-ironmag.html

9. Goodnight man I just lost a nut looking at them numbers way to go bro that is wicked post!

Quote Originally Posted by HokiePride View Post
    Day 8 JULY 6, 2012

WORKOUT

BENCH BENCH: 135x5, 225x5, 275x5, 385x5, 375x5, 365x5, 355x5, 345x5
    Cable Crossovers: 3 Way: 100x10x3

*NOTE
    This is part of the plan tonight. I will modify this once I complete the workout. According to my calculator this will place me at a max of 435. I know calculators can give you false indications. The one I use gave me what I needed to make an attempt at my last meet. So stay tuned tonight for my update. Did I mention I'm loving this stack!

Got to get my mind right before going to the gym. Over the weekend our AC unit has been out and it has been over 80 degrees in my home. This is not good when you are taking care of a wife and baby. I'm pissed becuase I asked a tech to come out last month when it was acting up and he stated he could find nothing. SO I asked a friend and one of his coworkers, who is qualified in AC units to come and look at it. Luckily the heat is dying down so turning it off last night in hopes that maybe the unit has frozen lines, could unfreeze. We shall see.
    OG Avenger-HULK SMASHING TIME!

10. Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post
    Great numbers on the bench!
    Thanks, their on their way up.

Quote Originally Posted by fumoney View Post
    You are a beast. Great workout man !
    Appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by packers6211 View Post
    Goodnight man I just lost a nut looking at them numbers way to go bro that is wicked post!
    Thank you, I look so forward to Mondays. It kicks off my week. Next week I plan to hit a reverse of 395x5, 385x5, 375x5, 365x5, 355x5 then deload. This will be a PR in my pyramid. I have never hit those numbers before in a regular workout. We shall see how well this stack lives up to the billing. I'm going to push it to see just how well it works in combined strength and recovery. Stay tuned.
    •   

11. Day 12 Wednesday July 11, 2012

Workout:

Squats: 315x8 (4 Sets), 395x2

Deadlift: warmup, 385x1x1, 315x15

Leg Press: 275X20

Note* I love squating and Deadlifting on the same day. I have been doing it for over 1.5 years. I usually split my back into an upper and lower day and hit upper/chest Monday and Legs and Lower Tuesday. Why? A program I found on T-nation called Twelve Weeks to a Better Deadlift. This progarm raised my Deadlift from 405 single to a 565 Deadlift in one year ( Jan 2011 to Jan 2012 ) which I pulled in a pureathleticpower local meet.

Anyways, I raised the amount of Division 1/Licogenix to 6 caps daily due to my size. Formula-X has been bumped to two scoops for half gallon I drink. This makes it 4 scoops daily. Recovery is awesome.

12. Quote Originally Posted by HokiePride
    July 11, 2012

Workout:

Note* I love squating and Deadlifting on the same day. I have been doing it for over 1.5 years. I usually split my back into an upper and lower day and hit upper/chest Monday and Legs and Lower Tuesday. Why? A program I found on T-nation called Twelve Weeks to a Better Deadlift. This progarm raised my Deadlift from 405 single to a 565 Deadlift in one year ( Jan 2011 to Jan 2012 ) which I pulled in a pureathleticpower local meet.

Anyways, I raised the amount of Division 1/Licogenix to 6 caps daily due to my size. Formula-X has been bumped to two scoops for half gallon I drink. This makes it 4 scoops daily. Recovery is awesome.
    That's a power packed workout !
    I started a new log at:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/228939-fumoney-takes-ironmag.html

13. 4 scoops! Damn man I wouldn't go over 2 scoops a day of Formula-X, 4 scoops is a lot of DAA!

14. Quote Originally Posted by HokiePride
    July 11, 2012

Workout:

Why so much? What ingredient are you trying to maximize? You could do one scoop and add BCAAs, maybe more stims...product is pretty much good as is as far as DAA and LCLT.

15. Quote Originally Posted by fumoney View Post
    That's a power packed workout !
    It's one I have gotten from the site and it's awesome. It has increased my back strength immensley.

4 scoops! Damn man I wouldn't go over 2 scoops a day of Formula-X, 4 scoops is a lot of DAA!
    The basic premise was not to increase it for the stimulants at all. Actually I have a very, very high tolerance to stims. I can take any supp on an empty and carry on with my day. I have taken other supps with some stims which weren't meant to mix together and been fine. The idea was to drink a gallon first half of day with 2 scoops and a gallon second half day into the next morning. Meaning, the second half begins intra workout throughout night into next morning. I have it in case I wake up in middle of night and drink the rest. I will only utilize 1 scoop in the AM and 1 scoop in the PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sidoious View Post
    Why so much? What ingredient are you trying to maximize? You could do one scoop and add BCAAs, maybe more stims...product is pretty much good as is as far as DAA and LCLT.
    As noted above I'm not trying to maximize anything ingredient wise. The product is great as far as I'm concerned. Tell me how many people you know who doesn't experiment a little to see what they can tolerate or helps them better than what is listed on the label. If you didn't then why have people use the products at all outside of purchasing it yourself. If I followed workouts according to how one person wrote it and never mixed, matched, added and subtracted what worked or didn't then I wouild look like everyone else who is fat and dumpy @ 300+.

16. Day 13 Thursday JULY 12, 2012

WORKOUT

PULLUPS/CHINUPS AM: 15,12,11,9,8

T-BAR ROW PM:
    2 plates x 10
    3 plates x 10
    4 plates x 10
    5 plates x 10
    6 plates x 8
    7 plates x 4 (Felt good-should have tried a 5th rep)

PULLDOWN: 200x10x4 sets (REAR, STACK)
    LOW CABLE ROW: 200x10x4 (STACK)
    MILITARY PRESS: 135X10X2 (Sets)
    SIDE RAISES: 15x15x2 (Sets)
    BB SHRUGS: 225X15X2 (Sets)
    CARDIO 45 minutes @3.0 mph on 3.0 Incline raised every 5 minutes.

*NOTE

17. I'd have to be carried out of the gym on a stretcher after that kinda leg day!! Strong numbers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HokiePride View Post
    July 11, 2012

Workout:

18. Quote Originally Posted by HokiePride View Post
    It's one I have gotten from the site and it's awesome. It has increased my back strength immensley.

The basic premise was not to increase it for the stimulants at all. Actually I have a very, very high tolerance to stims. I can take any supp on an empty and carry on with my day. I have taken other supps with some stims which weren't meant to mix together and been fine. The idea was to drink a gallon first half of day with 2 scoops and a gallon second half day into the next morning. Meaning, the second half begins intra workout throughout night into next morning. I have it in case I wake up in middle of night and drink the rest. I will only utilize 1 scoop in the AM and 1 scoop in the PM.

As noted above I'm not trying to maximize anything ingredient wise. The product is great as far as I'm concerned. Tell me how many people you know who doesn't experiment a little to see what they can tolerate or helps them better than what is listed on the label. If you didn't then why have people use the products at all outside of purchasing it yourself. If I followed workouts according to how one person wrote it and never mixed, matched, added and subtracted what worked or didn't then I wouild look like everyone else who is fat and dumpy @ 300+.
    Formula-X contains no stims, only thing that will boost energy per say is the NAT, but thats a natural energy/aggression boost. I think you may be getting the DAA mixed up with DMAA, two different things all together. The DAA is D-Aspartic Acid, it's a testosterone boosting amino acid thats been shown to boost testosterone by up to 42% in normal healthy men. I'm not worried about stims, but I am worried dosing that much DAA may lead to toxicity.

19. Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post
    Formula-X contains no stims, only thing that will boost energy per say is the NAT, but thats a natural energy/aggression boost. I think you may be getting the DAA mixed up with DMAA, two different things all together. The DAA is D-Aspartic Acid, it's a testosterone boosting amino acid thats been shown to boost testosterone by up to 42% in normal healthy men. I'm not worried about stims, but I am worried dosing that much DAA may lead to toxicity.
    I'm still utilizing it as directed on the label so no worries!

Do you have any advice on stopping a 5 month old baby who doesn't want to sleep, from crying even though he is tired? I've been up since 3am, took him on a drive tio McD's to get coffee and gas, he's smiling at me. So we drive furthur up the road to the next town (25 minutes away) and finally he falls asleep. I get home and leave him in the car seat, while he slept quietly (for 4hrs). This lil dude doesn't like to sleep at all.

20. Quote Originally Posted by HokiePride View Post
    I'm still utilizing it as directed on the label so no worries!

Do you have any advice on stopping a 5 month old baby who doesn't want to sleep, from crying even though he is tired? I've been up since 3am, took him on a drive tio McD's to get coffee and gas, he's smiling at me. So we drive furthur up the road to the next town (25 minutes away) and finally he falls asleep. I get home and leave him in the car seat, while he slept quietly (for 4hrs). This lil dude doesn't like to sleep at all.

Sorry can't help ya there, I have no kids, only got some cats with the wife for now lol

21. Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post
    Sorry can't help ya there, I have no kids, only got some cats with the wife for now lol
    No doubt! We have the same, 2 cats, 2 dogs and 1 beautiful, healthy god given baby boy!

22. Day 14 Friday JULY 13, 2012

WORKOUT

CLOSE GRIP BENCH
    : 135x5, 225x5, 275x5, 315x5, 415x1(PR)
    BBCurls: 95X8X4
    DIPS: BWT 4x8
    PULLUPS/CHINUPS: 14, 13, 12, 11, 9
    DB CURLS: 50x8, 55x8, 60x8, 65x5 (PR), 70x5 (PR)
    Cardio: 45min @ 3.0MPH @ 3.0 Incline Raised 1% every 5 minutes

Note*-Schedule of Events
    August 4th 2012: Truck Pull,
    August 11th, 2012: NC State Championships, 100% RAW Push/Pull
    August 18, 2012: PureAthleticPower Raw, Push/Pull (Tazewell County Fair)
    October 6, 2012: 1st ANNUAL 100% RAW WV STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS BENCH COMPETITION
    November 18, 2012: IPA POWERLIFTING COMPETITION @ YORK BARBELL.

23. Quote Originally Posted by HokiePride
    Day 13 Friday JULY 13, 2012

WORKOUT

CLOSE GRIP BENCH: 135x5, 225x5, 275x5, 315x5, 415x1
    BBCurls: 95X8X4
    DIPS: BWT 4x8
    PULLUPS/CHINUPS: 14, 13, 12, 11, 9
    Cardio: 45min @ 3.0MPH @ 3.0 Incline Raised 1% every 5 minutes

Note*-Schedule of Events
    August 4th 2012: Truck Pull,
    August 11th, 2012: NC State Championships, 100% RAW Push/Pull
    August 18, 2012: PureAthleticPower Raw, Push/Pull (Tazewell County Fair)
    Good stuff HokiePride !
    I started a new log at:

24. Those events are pretty close together, thats gonna be a busty couple weeks, keep up the good work!

25. Goodnight man those are elite numbers **** 400 on close grip!!! WTH that is awesome!

26. Quote Originally Posted by packers6211 View Post
    Goodnight man those are elite numbers **** 400 on close grip!!! WTH that is awesome!
    415!!!! 415!!! Your right that is bonkers for close grip, this man is one of a kind for strength. I have nothing against not natural gains, but it's truely amazing to see a guy all natty like HokiePride push those kinds of numbers, just wicked!

27. Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post
    Those events are pretty close together, thats gonna be a busty couple weeks, keep up the good work!
    I know their close, but the way I do it is I use each one in a ramp up to the next. If you look at my other events on my Bodyspace comp. history page you will see I did 9 events in a 1.5 year period. I've done it before but not with a truck pull. It's going to be sweet. I have three other events to add to that schedule. Also I'm editing the workout above. Come back and look at the PR's. This stack is unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by packers6211 View Post
    Goodnight man those are elite numbers **** 400 on close grip!!! WTH that is awesome!
    Yes no doubt. I love lifting and I even can incline 385 and hit 405 but haven't hit it since a month ago. I'll deload on bench/squat/dead after next week, so I'll try to hit it and film it on the incline since it will be my last week with this stack.

415!!!! 415!!! Your right that is bonkers for close grip, this man is one of a kind for strength. I have nothing against not natural gains, but it's truely amazing to see a guy all natty like HokiePride push those kinds of numbers, just wicked!
    No doubt. I have cracked my genetic code. The secret to hitting those numbers is to not be afraid of the weight and do it. If you can wide grip 400 then you should be able close grip at least 20lbs less. I learned by changing the grip each workout to maintain strength throughout the lift. Also, by flat on Monday, and CG on Friday it hits different parts of your chest and arms. I had nothing against not natural gains as well but this is why test boosters and such help me. I don't know the difference between how steroids helps versus test boosters. The little they give me is big gains in my numbers. Also, this is why I consistently can hit 405. It's my opener in comps. I never lose it because I'm natural. Add 5-10 lbs then it gets hairy.

28. Wicked PR's! Very nice.
  29. Day 17, July 16, 2012

Wicked PR's! Very nice.
    Thank JD.

WORKOUT
    FLAT BENCH: 135x5, 225x5, 275x5, 395x4, 395X4, 370X5, 370x5, 330x6
    DB PRESSES: 100x8x3
    DELT RAISES: 30lbsx8x3
    REVERSE TRICEP PULLDOWNS: 100x8x3
    Cardio: 33min @ 3.0MPH @ 3.0 Incline

Note*
    I was extremely exhausted when I did this workout. I was drained from being aggravated from my son who wouldn't sleep all night. it's ok. I woke up and had to drive 2.5 hrs at 5am to the VAMC (Veterans Hospital) Hospital for a physical. I hit the gym after I got home and pissed. I should have stayed home but wanted to hit up the gym. Exhaustion played it's part. I will get my numbers, next week.

30. Quote Originally Posted by HokiePride

Thank JD.

WORKOUT
    FLAT BENCH: 135x5, 225x5, 275x5, 395x4, 395X4, 370X5, 370x5, 330x6
    DB PRESSES: 100x8x3
    DELT RAISES: 30lbsx8x3
    REVERSE TRICEP PULLDOWNS: 100x8x3
    Cardio: 33min @ 3.0MPH @ 3.0 Incline

Note*
    I was extremely exhausted when I did this workout. I was drained from being aggravated from my son who wouldn't sleep all night. it's ok. I woke up and had to drive 2.5 hrs at 5am to the VAMC (Veterans Hospital) Hospital for a physical. I hit the gym after I got home and pissed. I should have stayed home but wanted to hit up the gym. Exhaustion played it's part. I will get my numbers, next week.
    Pretty good workout on an off day !
    I started a new log at:

Similar Forum Threads

1. Recomping with Athletix triple stack + others...
    By bangedup in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-09-2012, 04:21 PM
  2. Replies: 63
    Last Post: 04-13-2012, 07:49 PM
  3. Replies: 47
    Last Post: 12-02-2011, 05:21 PM
  4. Replies: 74
    Last Post: 10-02-2011, 06:21 PM