Athletix Sports Sponsored Log Round 2

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Thanks so much to JD and Athletix Sports for the chance to log again!

I loved my run of Formula-X last year, and am looking forward to trying out their AI: Licogenix, for not 1 but 2 bottles! So far this is the last product they have out that I have not yet tried.

So far the only AI's i have tried were Erase and Erase Pro. EP was down right crazy in its ability to dry you out, so it will be interesting to see how these compare. All accounts i have read so far is that Lico will not be has hard on the joints, (EP really needed to be dosed every 2 days or even every 3 to keep from super drying you out)

I will be following the dosing on the label to begin with. While I am sure i will be adding more cardio as time goes on, for now there is going to be no change in diet or routine. Ultimate goal is still Recomping.

I took one serving last night and one this morning, will report back later on any observations!

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Cheers!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Base weight is 168.5 body fat I would say is still in the 12%range

Weight is down from last week. But that could be anything. Water weight or what ever. Will see what happens next week after a full week on Lico

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Next to no power at the gym. Solid work out either way though

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Power outage still in full force at the gym never sweated like that. Heat may have been of some help though. Felt strong throughout and my dip weight shot up like crazy this session

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Can't say I feel much yet. No soreness to speak of. Maybe slightly thirstier. And needing to use the bath room a little more that usual. Those could go hand in hand. Or I am drying out some.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Happy 4th!

Hit the gym just now. Power is back on. Liked it better the other way. Pump felt good lifts went up a touch. Within normal progression. Recovery is OK. Not feeling sore. But my skin is a bit drier.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
thinking maybe to add creapure back into the mix? what say you?

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thinking maybe to add creapure back into the mix? what say you?
How long were you using the Creapure before? I use Creatine up to 6 months, but it's prob best to cycle it 2-3 months on and a month or 2 off.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
nearly a year i would say. have a tub laying there so i figured id ask

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
nearly a year i would say. have a tub laying there so i figured id ask
A break don't hurt, but strength normally goes down a couple reps when getting off creatine, at least for me it does. I'm sure another month won't hurt if you have already been on it for a year lol

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
sorry meant havent used it in a year. lol

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
About a week in thoughts:

I do think I am drying out a tad - will wait for the weekend measurements to confrim if that is the case.

In terms of soreness or achey joints. none to mention so far. Besides the odd arch issue on Monday and Tuesday (which could easily be shoe related) any soreness is pretty much normal DOMS nothing bad or unexpected.

Progression has been really good (from before starting this log) on a few lifts, goblet & front squats, tricep dips, rows. Thinking this week instead of going for max weight for 8-10 clean reps I will try backing off on the weight and going for slower reps.

See if that can't shake up my maxes for benching and whatnot. In terms of keeping my heart rate up, or having muscles under stress, I cant think it would detract from anything, if anything it will probably increase everything?

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great update, I find 2 weeks in vascularity shoots up big time.

aha nice new avatar pic:D

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Cheers! never had much with vascularity before (any forearm popping pretty much goes away by the time i get back to the locker room) - definitely interested to see how it goes.

I am tempted to bump up to 6 per day this weekend - and see how that flys. Probably will try it starting Saturday

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Welcome to Friday
Nothing new to report still no soreness or achey joints. Will be bumping up to 6 per day tomorrow to see if I notice any difference. If not or if joints start to act up I will drop it right back down to 4 per day.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My joints got a bit sore on 6 caps, but most people don't get bad joint pain from the anti-inflammatory benefits.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Weigh in

Ok weird again up 2 pounds. Waist I would say is the same?

Notes though. I am definitely holding less water. Hmmm. Will. Be adding cardio in again slowly.

Unless this is really apming up the lg if set up. Which it could be. I'm at a loss.

Sent from my iPod touch using Am.com

bigguyn10ec

bigguyn10ec

Awards
  • Established
I will sub in this

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Started the 6 caps today. Good workout. Nothing too crazy though. ArA came today getting that all lined up for the future.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Recovered well enough from yesterday. Very nice pumps. Lower body felt solid. Fat is def coming off legs and such first but I am making progress. If I can keep gaining while losing even the slightest weight I will be stoked.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds like it's going pretty good:)

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Slept horribly last night, maybe 3 hours sleep tops. feel fine tough.

Nothing to report on soreness or anything, minor DOMs from the weekends training, but nothing bad at all or unusal and they have all pretty much faded today..

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hate training on low sleep like that, can't recall ever having a good workout on less then 5 hours of sleep.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
thankfully tomorrow is training day :)

honestly though i feel really good - wide awake - actually odd.. not wanting to make a habit of it, but i am doing fine so far. more energy than usual at this time of day truth be told.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well thats good your feeling wide awake and not down, maybe you hit your REM right away last night lol

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
lol maybe?? quality over a def lack of quantity...

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
getting pumped for the gym today. just need for this day to end already :)

ALcar came last night (sorry SNS got it cheaper elsewhere) so i am set. Cant say i feel any difference on the 6 caps. So far i would say stick to 4 for most people, but dont hold me to that as of yet :)

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
getting pumped for the gym today. just need for this day to end already :)

ALcar came last night (sorry SNS got it cheaper elsewhere) so i am set. Cant say i feel any difference on the 6 caps. So far i would say stick to 4 for most people, but dont hold me to that as of yet :)
How days now has it been at 6 caps?

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
tonight will be 5 - so 4 and 1/2 as of this moment :)

also I am hovering around 170 so those that weigh more or less than that YMMV

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Lifting was good yesterday - no real strength jumps to note.
did some PWO cardio and i could only make maybe 5 minutes. Could be the heat or what ever but i was so ichy. legs core chest, really weird. got off and was fine by the time i got to the locker room. was not going fast only 4mph or so..

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ahh nice log brother I'm in fo sure!

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Weighing in at 171 today. Waist I have to say is down so I must be doing something right. :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Am.com

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's good news brother!

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Not much to report back - lifting sessions were good - nothing out of the ordinary for strength or endurance. Normal progression. Pumps i felt were slightly better but nothing to crazy. Soreness is still at a minimum, your standard DOMS here or there.

bigguyn10ec

bigguyn10ec

Awards
  • Established
could you post what your workouts consist of?

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Following basicially the Classic Steve Reeves 3 day Fullbody split:

Squat (generally Goblet or Front Squats)
Rows (depending on the day i go between Yates rows, HS behind the neck, seated cable etc)
Bench (db bb or hs)
Shoulders - Arnold or Military presses for the most part (on sundays Deadlifts replace shoulders)
Tri's Dips are my bread and butter, but I do sub in Skull Crushers and CGBPs to keep things fresh.

I pretty much try to stick to big componds most days - though Saturdays I may sub in some iso work as Sundays is my hard day so to speak.

I try to stay in the 6-10 range. If I can do all the sets at 10-12 I up the weight the next go around.

Really trying to keep it all as simple as possible. Seems to work the best for me, progress is being made for the most part everywhere very steadily bench has and will always be my sticking point, but its moving as well.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Keep up the good work!

bigguyn10ec

bigguyn10ec

Awards
  • Established
I am so sore from the past few workouts.. geez. I fudged up my diet today big time. I was crazying everything. ! I will not go into detail what I ate, but I will say that KFC was closed for repairs when I left.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice bro good update and Steve reeves was the man insane body.

Following basicially the Classic Steve Reeves 3 day Fullbody split:

Squat (generally Goblet or Front Squats)
Rows (depending on the day i go between Yates rows, HS behind the neck, seated cable etc)
Bench (db bb or hs)
Shoulders - Arnold or Military presses for the most part (on sundays Deadlifts replace shoulders)
Tri's Dips are my bread and butter, but I do sub in Skull Crushers and CGBPs to keep things fresh.

I pretty much try to stick to big componds most days - though Saturdays I may sub in some iso work as Sundays is my hard day so to speak.

I try to stay in the 6-10 range. If I can do all the sets at 10-12 I up the weight the next go around.

Really trying to keep it all as simple as possible. Seems to work the best for me, progress is being made for the most part everywhere very steadily bench has and will always be my sticking point, but its moving as well.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
He is the be all end all of aesthetics if you ask me. I'd be happy to get to half of what he had :)

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Gym tonight - which is always fun. And also middle of the week, so thats even better.

Planning on doing a little cardio if time allows, hoping the crowd isn't too bad, summer time and all the kids are home and for what ever reason choose to all work out at 4:30-5pm.

One plus of not being set in stone with what lift i do that day have to keep on your toes when there are only so many benches / racks.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
So on the fence right now

While I am definitely happy to have more or less cleanly gained LBM in the past few months, and am sitting close to the top end of what i could ever get to weight wise. I know I shouldn't be complaining, hell I weight 20lbs more than I did this time last year, and i would make the guess that i am at the same body fat % if not a little lower.

For what ever reason I just can not seem to get the fat down any lower. I am sure it is all in my head.. standing up most days I want to say I am getting more definition, and feeling more solid, but the second i sit down, all i can feel is roll.

The last thing I want to do is drop my calories any more than they are now, that's what got me into the skinny fat mess to begin with. Like i said if i can keep going with this lean bulking I am not going to complain or try to change it. Id rather be 180 and at 12% still i think, but the vain arse in me wants to abs finally. I know physically i will never be huge, I don't have the frame for it. but there is no reason i cant be fit. Never been overweight to any large degree, just always on the smaller side muscularly. oh well venting over..

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So on the fence right now

While I am definitely happy to have more or less cleanly gained LBM in the past few months, and am sitting close to the top end of what i could ever get to weight wise. I know I shouldn't be complaining, hell I weight 20lbs more than I did this time last year, and i would make the guess that i am at the same body fat % if not a little lower.

For what ever reason I just can not seem to get the fat down any lower. I am sure it is all in my head.. standing up most days I want to say I am getting more definition, and feeling more solid, but the second i sit down, all i can feel is roll.

The last thing I want to do is drop my calories any more than they are now, that's what got me into the skinny fat mess to begin with. Like i said if i can keep going with this lean bulking I am not going to complain or try to change it. Id rather be 180 and at 12% still i think, but the vain arse in me wants to abs finally. I know physically i will never be huge, I don't have the frame for it. but there is no reason i cant be fit. Never been overweight to any large degree, just always on the smaller side muscularly. oh well venting over..

20 pounds of lean gains in a year is pretty amazing. Whats your daily cals/fats/carbs/pro looking like?

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Not all lean def some fat in there. But ratio wise I ended up at the same body fat. I try to follow the lg set up. Burn days non training days then build days :).

No matter what I do as if late I can not cut in the trad sense though. Like I am brick walled at this body fat level.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
nothing earth shattering at the gym yesterday, was fairly quiet. maybe the rain kept them away?

sleep has been eh for one reason or another all week. had to really push through to not phone in the lifts. Pre work out or a redbull would have been a good addtion yesterday. I did actually do some cardio - 10 minutes of LIT was about all i could muster, rushed home to play with my daughter, which is HIT cardio anyways for the most part :)