SNS Focus XT and Citrulline Malate.....Biatch!

Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.37%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Week 3 Review of Citrulline Malate and Focus XT

Thoughts so far? Effectiveness?
    -This combo has taken my work capacity / cardiovascular to a whole new level (within 2 weeks the improvements were noticeable)

-Pumps in the gym have been better than usual (this is noticeable within the first dose)

-My recovery has been through the roof, literally progressing in every single workout I do, whether its weight training or HIIT cardio. (getting stronger, my work capacity is on beast mode, I simply don't get tired that easy anymore, before taking this stack, after 20 mins of HIIT cardio I would feel like I was about to pass out, same thing for doing heavy squats / deadlifts, feel like im about to pass out.....now I can go for hours of HIIT cardio without feeling like im going to pass out, I can go to failure on a set of squats or deadlifts and it will feel like im just barely getting warmed up!

-My Focus is on a very high level, its like im meditating during my workouts, nothing distracts me anymore, even when doing my cardio I feel like im "in the zone" aka tunnel vision / extreme motivation! This is noticeable within the first dose.

**Extra Notes**
    -Dose for Cit Malate has been around 6-8 grams pre workout (1 hour pre)
    -Dose for Focus XT has been a half scoop 1 hour pre workout
    -Took 6-8 weeks to get my body really receptive to nutrients, reteach my body how to execute my exercises, so im just getting started! Who knows what the future holds for me! (ill weigh myself next time I go to the gym)
    -Calories right now are around 4000 a day.
    -Training is structured around both myofibrillar/sarcoplasmic hypertrophy, training both fast and slow twitch fibers, trying extremely hard to resist my temptations to burn out my CNS by doing a bunch of failure techniques, excess sets, etc....
    -Cardio choice is High Intensity in a interval fashion, duration depends on my current settings (how much calories I had the day before, how much sleep I got, how I feel, how intense my previous training sessions were from the past couple days....).

Stay Tuned! And thanks again to all of SNS!
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
    Changing Lives is what I crave.

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.37%

Tip of the day! (7/20/12) (Yes my Tip of the Days are back!)

*Taking steps back may sound counterproductive but its ensuring in the future when you take a step forward, you know how to take 2 steps forward!

Sometimes we tend to be super motivated at our goals that we tend to "overdo" our daily goals and the following happens....
    -Motivation goes down hill
    -Physically your drained the next day
    -Mentally your in a bad mood
    -Neural Fatigue is occurring to an extent that what ever kind of exercise you do, your performance is no where near 100 percent of what your capable of.
    -You may appear a little bloated, muscles atrophied, and vascularity may not be as eminent.

How do you ensure you keep taking steps forward?
    -Make a logical but flexible(flexible, for example, meaning if your having a really stressful day or didn't get any sleep the night before, adjust and adapt by taking a day off!) plan for your training/nutrition/supplementation protocol and stick to it!

-Structure a training protocol on your "current settings"(sleep quality, stress levels, where will you be in 24 hours, a week from now?, hows my nutrition?), meaning make sure what ever your doing in the gym, is something you KNOW you can recover from.

-Ensure your supplementation are structured on optimizing insulin sensitivity, testosterone levels, digestion, energy, detoxing, and sleep quality!

**Learning this the hard way is sometimes difficult to understand that everything is a learning process. Just remember, improve daily, stay consistent, and stick to your plan!

Taking a few days off.....past few days were very stressful, lack of sleep, overworked my cardio session during the my last ball game.
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.37%

Supplement / ingredient overview of the week! (**New feature to my logs!**)

Agmatine!

What does Agmatine do?

*Increased Pumps – As discussed above, enhanced pumps and pre-workout N.O. levels may not be as beneficial from a performance perspective as some of us were lead to believe in the past, but they are a definite contributor to an overall good looking muscular physique. And, let’s face it, most people love the feel of that intense pump when they work out. And with Agmatine, most experience longer lasting pumps than with many other ‘Old School’ N.O. products.

*Antioxidant Role – In today’s society, the way we eat, the air we breathe, it can all take its toll on our bodies. And as if the day to day stresses of normal life aren’t bad enough, the day to day life of bodybuilders or athletes can be even more taxing and lead to even more free radical buildup than with the average person. Agmatine’s antioxidant properties are a very nice extra benefit to a compound that already has so much to offer.

*Improved Insulin Response – Agmatine may help improve insulin response through enhanced insulin production, which can lead to positive benefits for those looking to improve body composition. Improved insulin response is thought of in bodybuilding circles as a key to a leaner, harder, more muscular body.

*Nootropic Effect – Agmatine may help those looking to achieve a mental edge, whether it is in the gym or in day to day life. It can also help support a healthy mood and has anti-anxiety and antidepressant properties. Agmatine may stack very well with other Nootropics, including Focus XT.

*Stimulation of LH & GH Levels - In addition to the obvious appealing effect on overall body composition, the stimulation of GH and LH levels can also be beneficial for helping maintain a healthy lifestyle as we age. This stimulation of pituitary hormones may also lead to stimulation of other hormones such as IGF-1.

*Neuroprotective Role – Agmatine plays a neuroprotective role due to its role as an antioxidant and its prevention of over excitation by glutamate.

*Cardiovascular Benefits – Agmatine has a potential hypotensive benefit that may help aid in cardiovascular health. This hypotensive role is important in a healthy lifestyle for obvious reasons, but may also be found to be beneficial for bodybuilders or athletes that use stimulants or hormone based compounds that may cause elevations

Summing up Agmatine's benefits (below)

-Increased Nitric Oxide Syntheses*
    -Inhibit NO Synthase (the enzyme responsible for NO breakdown)*
    -Stimulation of L.H. (Luteinizing Hormone) & G.H. (Growth Hormone) Levels*
    -Promote a Healthy & Positive Mood (Anti-Anxiety & Antidepressant Properties)*
    -Promote Nutrient Delivery to Muscle Cells*
    -Supports Overall Muscle Building Environment*
    -Enhanced Insulin Response*
    -Neuroprotective Support*
    -Cardiovascular Health*
    -Antioxidant Role*

With all those benefits I have to recommend this supplement for anyone thats looking to enhance their body compoasition, get bigger/stronger, and stay healthy! Dose is simple aswell, 1g either first thing in the morning, pre workout or before bed!

*LG Sciences Board Rep*
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.08%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Wow dude, you've really gone above and beyond here. I'm glad to see such positive effects from a performance standpoint. Everyone wants a pump, but why not have both?
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.37%

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Wow dude, you've really gone above and beyond here. I'm glad to see such positive effects from a performance standpoint. Everyone wants a pump, but why not have both?
    Hell yeah! Just doing my thing bro! Im still pretty surprised at how great this combo is working out haha!

Thanks again for this opportunity!
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.67%

Tip of the day: superb. I can't agree more with your thoughts. Personally, it's hard for me to take days off but i have to force myself sometimes knowing it's the best thing for me. Getting burned out too quickly is a huge step back, or forcing yourself to go train when you've had a rough day just to have a crappy day training is not a good idea either. Taking a de-load week feels like you're losing ground, but again it can be the best thing for your body and mind.
    ~ Serious Nutrition Solutions ~
    Revolutionizing Nutrition, AND your body!
    Rhadam [@] seriousnutritionsolutions.com
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.37%

Quote Originally Posted by Rhadam View Post
    Tip of the day: superb. I can't agree more with your thoughts. Personally, it's hard for me to take days off but i have to force myself sometimes knowing it's the best thing for me. Getting burned out too quickly is a huge step back, or forcing yourself to go train when you've had a rough day just to have a crappy day training is not a good idea either. Taking a de-load week feels like you're losing ground, but again it can be the best thing for your body and mind.
    Yes sir! Yeah man, its so hard for me taking days off... Oh and I agree, forcing yourself to train when you don't feel like it usually is a recipe for disaster!

Ill be back to training 2morrow! Stay tuned!
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  222 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.47%

That's one solid review you've put up bruther!
    Awesome work, and glad to hear you liked the combination of those products
    SNS - Serious Nutrition Solutions
    My advice is exclusively my own and may not correspond with the views of SNS
    Questions or concerns? → conny[@]seriousnutritionsolutions.com
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.37%

7/23/12 Cardio (45 mins low intensity)

-5 sprays of GHenerate 15 mins pre
    -4g Citrulline Malate pre
    -1/2 scoop Focus XT pre
    -Took a few days off so didn't want to come back and do anything crazy.
    -Performance was normal today
    -6 Caps of Natadrol with food
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.37%

Added the Natabolic Stack (natadrol/formadrol/GHenerate) to my supplement protocol!
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  11. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.45%

Quote Originally Posted by TheHardOne View Post
    Added the Natabolic Stack (natadrol/formadrol/GHenerate) to my supplement protocol!
    and the log continues .. niceee .. how long will you be running natadrol ?
    S.n.S team member
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.37%

Quote Originally Posted by GQNemesis View Post
    and the log continues .. niceee .. how long will you be running natadrol ?
    Looks like the natadrol is going to be 5-6 weeks, then finish off the final few weeks with forma.
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  13. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.47%

Quote Originally Posted by TheHardOne
    I've always had good results with Natadrol. You doing 6 caps per day?
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.37%

Quote Originally Posted by sidoious View Post
    I've always had good results with Natadrol. You doing 6 caps per day?
    Yeah buddy! 6 caps too high?
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.37%

7/24/12 Chest
    **Goal? Increase Load and pump the muscle with nutrients with as low volume as possible, then get out. (cns warm up / overload / pump / hydrate) (Both myofibrillar/sarcoplasm hypertrophy techniques focused in the same workout)

**Pre-Pump without fatigue (light cable flys / light presses)
    -Once force output is explosive, time to start the workout.

**Progressive Work (with the high threshold multijoint movements) (3111 tempo) (rest periods are for performance, so whenever I feel im ready!)
    -Wide Grip Incline Barbell Press (4 warm up sets then....)
    275x5+1 forced rep (PR)

-Flat Dumbbell Press (1 warm up set)
    120x7 PR

**Pump Work (2231 tempo)
    -Flat Dumbbell Flys (slight external rotation on the eccentric and a slight internal rotation on the concentric(with elbows locked out), taking the pecs to its fully stretched / fully contracted position)
    20x30
    30x15

**Fully hydrate myself for a hour after I workout, then its feed the machine time!

***Notes***
    -2 Natadrol Caps Pre (30 mins)
    -4g cit malate pre (1 hour)
    -1/2 Scoop Focus XT pre (1 hour)
    -GHenerate 5 sprays (20 mins pre)
    -Accidentally ate a little too much fiber/low glycemic carbs yesterday so my stomach was extremely bloated, im pretty sure the GHenerate that I took pre bed didn't even get put into action because my stomach / digestive system was just out of whack. Lesson learned once again, TheHardOne, low GI carbs never worked for you in the past, they won't work for you now.....Roger that!
    -Stronger today even with though I only got like 2 hours of sleep!
    -Weighed on a empty stomach at 213!
    -Aggression in the gym was okay, could be better! 7/10
    -Pumps in the gym was actually pretty damn good! But could be better. 9/10
    -Focus in the gym today was on point! 10/10
    -6 Natadrol Caps a day, started yesterday, my mood is noticeably already improving, feeling really good! (better than usual)

*Gotta take my size above and beyond!

“Never be lazy, but work hard and serve the Lord enthusiastically.” Romans 12:11
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  16. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.45%

Quote Originally Posted by TheHardOne View Post
    Looks like the natadrol is going to be 5-6 weeks, then finish off the final few weeks with forma.
    Awesome looking forward to Nata results now .. hopefully it will lean u out and add a lil more strength

6caps is decent .. I have actually even seen pple do high as 8caps .. So see how u feel after a week

Gluck
    S.n.S team member
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.37%

Back 7/25/12

-Pre-Pump / Warm Up
    Light pulldowns / deadlifts / rows

-High Threshold Work (rest periods designed for performance) (3111 tempo)
    Barbell Rows 365x5 PR
    Deadlifts from the knee 455x7 (pr with this execution, deadstop everytime)

-Maximum Pump work / Take muscle group through its entire range of motion (60 sec rest periods, performed as a complex, just 1 round) (4222 tempo) (10-15 reps each) (stretch between sets)
    Underhand Pulldowns
    Low Cable Close Grip Rows
    Overhand Wide Grip Barbell Rows
    Narrow Grip Upright Rows
    Barbell Shrugs

-Fully hydrate myself

***Notes***
    -2 Natadrol Caps Pre (30 mins)
    -4g cit malate pre (1 hour) (4g seems to still get the job done, plus im afraid of running out! lol!)
    -1 Scoop Focus XT pre (1 hour)
    -GHenerate 5 sprays (20 mins pre)
    -Best back pump ive ever had in my life. 10/10
    -Stronger!

*LG Sciences Board Rep*
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.37%

Tip / Motivation of the Day! 7/25/12

Here is a quote that will benefit anyone's life....

"Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins." - 1 Peter 4:8

What does this have to do with bodybuilding / attaining the physique you dream of?

*If you learn how to appreciate the negative things that happen in life then there will not be anything negative in your life! Remember, everything that happens in life is necessary, its to make you a better person, its the people who don't except what happens in life and tends to always say....."What if"......or "I could".....or even...."Maybe". When ever you have a goal, always think positive, its the only way you can improve. The moment when you start to be negative minded is the moment you start taking steps backward.

I try to preach this to everyone that is close to me in my life, the world we live in, people are always trying to put others down, the terms/phrases..."Can't"...."I would but..."......and "I don't know" is being used too much. Never let anything / anyone hold you back from your dreams.

Think positive, appreciate everything/everyone in your life, and prepare to progress at an extremely fast rate! (in your goals and as a person!)

You know your doing things right when you have haters!
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.37%

7/28/12 Arms

-Closer Grip Bench Press (3111 tempo) (rest periods 2 mins)
    295x7 (PR)
    295x4
    275x8 then a double drop set

*Max Pump Work / Taking muscle through its entire Range of Motion
    Rope Pushdowns super set Overhead Extensions (2 rounds) (8-12 reps each exercise, 3222 tempo) (2 min rest between each round)

Biceps/Brachi-

-One Arm Cross Body Hammer Curls (3111 tempo, rest periods 2 mins)
    80x10 each arm
    80x9 then a double drop set

*Max Pump Work
    -Incline Curls superset Scott Curls (2 rounds, 3222 tempo, 2 min rest between rounds, double drop set on last set of scott curls)

***Notes***
    -Weird....I was fully hydrated, im not stressed out, I actually didn't take any stimulants today, I trained after a meal so glycogen levels were full....the pump for some reason just wasn't there today? lol Like literally no blood would go in the targeted muscles? I always get nasty pumps! This is weird. Plus I trained at night which my pumps are always better at night...hmmm....maybe has to do with me not getting hardly any sleep?
    -Performance (strength / focus / endurance / aggression) was on point today though! 10/10!
    -7g Cit Malate Pre
    -5 Sprays of GHernerate first thing in morning, pre workout, post workout, and then will take before bed. (temporary dosing protocol)
    -6 Natadrols a day
    -My mood has been getting better everyday!
    -Getting noticeably leaner already!
    -Weighed in at 213! Leaner and bodyweight maintaining? AWESOME.
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.37%

Update / 50 mins of Cardio (mixture of low intensity / high intensity)

-On empty stomach
    -4g Cit malate pre
    -No stims
    -6 Natadrol's a day
    -Going to go back to eating a meal every 3-4 hours(which seems to be the sweet spot for spiking higher levels of protein synthesis) instead of doing Intermittent Fasting.....IF is great, I just don't like having that super full(stomach about to explode) feeling all the time, just a personal preference. I would recommend this eating protocol for someone that isn't worried about building muscle though!
    -Still messing with the GHenerate Dose....Stay tuned folks!
    -My assumption of my pump not being there yesterday is my body is literally using majority of my carbs/glycogen at an extremely fast rate, my muscles are so flat....was using about 400g carbs a day for 3 days....wayyyyy too little for me, going to bumb that back up to 700, possibly 800.
    -And was still stronger yesterday even though I was super flat.....holy growing time batman!
    -During todays Cardio session...man my cardiovascular amazes me....lol, I was so out of shape a couple months ago! Performance was great today! 10/10

Consistency, Passion, Stay Quiet and Humble, and strive for daily progression! =Domination

Philippians 4:13 I can do ALL things through christ who strengthens me
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  21. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.08%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

I agree about IFing. The worst part for me was the feeding period. I actually enjoyed the fasting period once my stomach acidity died down after the first few days.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.37%

Delts 7/29/12

-Warm up (complex of dips/pullups/isolation work until heart rate was up and had a slight full upper body pump)

-Seated Deadstop Shoulder Press (in smith rack) (3211 tempo) (rest periods, 2 mins)
    225x8 in a deadstop fashion (PR with this style of execution....pretty narly feeling in your delts if your not using momentum / and using a full ROM)
    Immediate Drop set to 185x??? Too focused.

-Machine Deadstop Side Laterals (3232 tempo) (rest periods 45 seconds)
    95x12
    110x8 drop set to 70x6

-One Arm Rear Delt Cable Row (3111 tempo) (rest periods 45 seconds)
    3x8-15 (weights were around 20-35 pounds, nothing crazy)

-Behind Neck Machine Press
    2x6-10 (210x10, 250lbsx6+drop set 170x3)

-Ab work

-Fully hydrate / Workout Done.

***Notes***
    -Good pump! 8/10
    -Mood is improved! Feeling really good / confident!
    -6 Natadrol's a day still
    -Did 10 Sprays of Ghenerate last night.....I gots myself a good 6-7 full hours of deep sleep....YES! WIN!
    -Did 8 Sprays of GHenerate first thing in the morning today (you sense of well being from this is awesome, euphoric win!)
    -7g Cit Malate Pre
    -1/2 Scoop Focus XT (took a brief break from this great focus/mood/energy enhancer....man today focus/performance was through the roof! Love this product!)
    -Those deadstop exercises really make you feel the muscle so much better! You have to use less weight if your really initiating from the targeted muscle, fast twitch epic win.

Ill admit it, my past years of training, I was doing alot of joint grinding / momentum with my shoulder training....300+ pounds of free weight pressing is nothing. Dropping the ego and training like a real bodybuilder is something I now take pride in, the effort/maturity will pay off, I know it will.

If you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal, and if they can't stop you, then you become something else entirely. - Henri Ducard (Batman Begins) ...... Which is? - Bruce Wayne

A legend, Mr. Wayne. - Henri Ducard
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.37%

Supplement / Ingredient of the Week! 7/29/12

Citrulline Malate!

What does it do?

1. Increases NO Production

So what is NO and what can it do for you? Nitric oxide is the cell-signaling molecule that has a part in regulating blood flow, oxygen delivery, glucose uptake, muscle firepower, and muscle growth. Obviously the ability to control these physiological effects can be of tremendous value to athletes.

Research has shown that supplementation of Citrulline raises Arginine levels more effectively than taking the same dose of straight Arginine. Keep in mind that Citrulline Malate's NO enhancing properties are just one of the unique benefits this nutrient offers to athletes. And if the enhanced pumps and improved nutrient delivery properties are the reason you are using Arginine based NO products, you need to pay attention to Citrulline Malate.

2. Reduces Lactic Acid and Ammonia

Here is something else you need to know about Citrulline... it is an intermediate in the Urea Cycle. The Urea Cycle is a system in the liver of carrier molecules and enzymes that convert nitrogenous wastes into urea and eliminates them from the body. The production and removal of urea is essential for the elimination of ammonia and toxic nitrogen metabolites. Ammonia is extremely toxic to all cells and excessive levels may even be fatal. Even in healthy athletes, the build up of ammonia can lead to extreme fatigue and dementia.

3. Increases ATP Production

No doubt there is a lot to get excited about when it comes to the performance enhancing potential of Citrulline Malate and how it works. Another study showed yet another way Citrulline Malate can benefit athletes - by increasing aerobic energy production. Studies show subjects using Citrulline Malate have an increase in the rate of muscle ATP (Andenosine Triphosphate, the major energy source within the cell) production during exercise and greater phosphocreatine recovery after exercise. So taking Citrulline Malate may result in muscles that can keep on going and going... completely smashing the aerobic threshold! These effects are more than likely mediated by the malate portion of the Citrulline Malate compound, which is a Krebs Cycle intermediate.

To sum it up.....

Maximizes Aerobic and Anaerobic Performance*
    Supports Improved Endurance and Recovery*
    Enhanced Pumps and Cell Volumization*
    Increases Protein Synthesis which Can Help Lead to Muscle Growth*

If your looking to get nasty pumps in the gym, faster recovery, enhanced performance(strength/cardiovascular/endurance) I highly recommend this supplement!

*From personal experience, ive noticed my cardiovascular levels DRASTICALLY increase, my endurance for my weight training and cardio sessions have sky rocketed to a new level, and my recovery has been extremely fast!

Who wouldn't want to have the physical attributes of Superman right?
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.37%

Ahhhh was starting to experience my typical 6 o clock crash.....took a half scoop of Focus XT....BAM!

Got a workout in a hour, stay tuned folks!
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  25. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.37%

Mini Passage / Article of the week! 8/1/12

Don't we all want full / thick / complete pec development?
    By TheHardOne

Here ya go!

***Pec Development tips
    -Shove hands in together during barbell pressing movements (obviously your hands won't move since your gripping the bar tight, instead your pecs will contract

-Make sure shoulders are slightly down / depressed

-Squeeze your lats on the entire range of motion

-The range of motion on barbell pressing movements will be varried person to person (past / current rotator cuff issues), if you can feel your pecs stretch and contract without "touching your chest" and going to a full elbow extension / lockout...good! Keep it up!

-With dumbbell pressing movements, think of the force being generated with your elbows and pretend NOTHING is in your hands....crazy feel! (this will take alot of practice!)

-Strength / Size! Stick with a controlled negative and a explosive positive! (I usually stick with a 3111 tempo)

-When your trying to isolate your pecs, take the tips above into consideration and on your dumbbell flys....on the negative have a external rotation on your wrist and a internal rotation on the positive to fully stretch and contract the pecs. (on the positive lockout your arms!)

-Periodize your training, have cycles when your focusing on increasing load, intensity based workouts(closer to your 1rm is the real definition of "intensity"), lactic acid / pump based workouts, and density based workouts. Also you can throw in cycles of beyond failure techniques like drop sets / rest pausing / forced negatives.

-Remember theirs more than one way to train for hypertrophy.

-Apply the above and take your chest to the next level!

-Yes a big bench press is awesome if done in a controlled manner! But why not train for maximum pec development at the same time?

Be not afraid of growing slowly; be afraid only of standing still. - Chinese Proverb
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.37%

7/31/12 Chest

-Warm up (light isolation work, bent rows, overhead presses until heart rate is up / slight pump is achieved)

-High Threshold / Progress Work
    Flat Bench Press (3111 tempo, 2 min rest periods, GOAL: Overload via increase load around the 8 rep range mark)
    275x8
    -Incline Wide Grip Bench Press (same as above) (utilizing a full stretch)
    225x3 drop set to 205x5 drop to 135x10

-Pump / Isolation Work (2 mins rest between supersets, tempo 2222)
    Pec Deck superset Dips 2 sets of 8-12 reps each exercise (rather do Dumbbell flys instead of pec deck but gym was crowded)

*** Notes***
    -PR's on every exercise! (in the high threshold / progress work)
    -6 sprays GHenerate pre
    -3g cit malate pre
    -Focus xt 1/2 scoop first thing in the morning (8 hours away from workout)
    -Still doing 6 natadrol caps a day
    -Never utilized a full stretch on my incline bench press because of shoulder issues....shoulders are fine now, time to grow!
    -Did all this on a empty stomach.....the last time I had food prior to this workout was probably 22 hours ago or so, a bit busy today so on days like this I have to adjust to a intermittent fasting protocol.....just aslong as im not doing any excessively high volume workouts / excessive amounts of HIIT cardio ill be fine.
    -Joints feeling a bit dry? (noticed this yesterday aswell)
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.37%

Just got out of bed....time to take some Focus XT to start my day! (I LOVE THIS FORMULA!)
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  28. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.45%

Nice glad you enjoying & reaping the benefits
    S.n.S team member
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.37%

Arms + Update 8/2/12

-Warm up (barbell complex / light isolation work)

-Biceps (4231 tempo) (rest periods 2-3 mins) (focus was on taking the muscle through its entire range of motion / increasing load with my varied tempo / no failure techniques)

DB Curls 45x7 (pr with this tempo)
    Incline DB Hammer Curls 35x10 (pr with this tempo)
    One Arm Machine Preacher Curl 80x8
    Underhand Pullups Bodyweight x 6

Triceps (4231 tempo) (same settings as above)

V-Bar Pushdowns 180x8
    Closer Grip Bench Press 275x8 (PR with this tempo)
    Lying Ez-Bar Narrow Grip Extensions 55x10
    Overhead Ez-Bar Narrow Grip Extensions 55x12

**Notes**
    -Immdiately after my working set for each exercise, I put the targeted muscle into its stretched position and held it for a good 30 seconds
    -Changed my tempo for today, much more controlled tempo, im always controlled, but today I took it to a whole new level.
    -Squeezing the antagonist muscle is such an epic feeling espeically when training arms!
    -Tried to make my isolation movements as difficult as possible so I wouldn't have to use a crazy amount of weight. I'd rather use 50-70 pounds on my skullcrushers than 200+ pounds if you ask me haha.
    -Good pump today! Workout wasn't designed for a metabolic demand / atp depleting sort of workout since my goal is specifically hypertrophy.
    -3g Cit Malate Pre (1 hour)
    -1/2 scoop Focus XT during my fast / during the day (I train at night now)
    -5 Sprays GH enerate pre (10 mins pre)

Update
    -Wow...im straight up blowing up like a balloon! (in a good way! lol) (growing like crazy!)
    -Noticing im shredding bodyfat aswell
    -Stronger...only a week and a half in....oh my.
    -Sleep has surprsingly IMPROVED (getting around 6-7 hours now instead of my typical 2-3 hours)

Do you have muscle?

Or do you have that "cartoon muscle?"
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.37%

Delts 8/4/12

-CNS Warm up / Pre Pump without fatigue

-Goal: Progression in the form of:
    1)Take muscle through its entire range of motion
    2)Create better tension than last time / control the weight with my delts (which will require less weight)

-Delts/Traps (3222 tempo) (3-5 min rest periods) +intentions
    Ez-Bar Narrow Grip Upright Rows (protract shoulder blades, bring the bar up to your lower pecs at the highest)
    Machine Side Laterals (Keep your posture tall and slightly crunch your abs throughout the entire ROM)
    Wide Grip Upright Rows (initiate the first part of the ROM just like if you were to do a front barbell raise)
    Standing Barbell Military Press Don't forget that "head tuck" folks!
    Seated Smith Machine Behind Neck Press (top portion only) (I don't recommend this exercise, but if you do, make sure you are under control with your delts at all times! This is one exercise you have to drop the ego.
    Bent Over Dumbbell Rear Laterals Protract those shoulder blades for the entire ROM
    Reverse Peck Deck (Same as the Dumbbell Bent Over Raises!

**Notes**
    -Pyramid up on every set, if you count my warm up / non working sets, I problaby did like 30 sets today lol (if I don't pyramid up properly, I always end up pulling something) (my last set is technically my only working set with each exercise)
    -No crazy weights today, but I did create better tension with lighter weight, which if you don't have the maturity to train like a "real" bodybuilder, say hello to injuries / poor muscularity development
    -Fuark forgot to weigh myself! 2morrow for sure!
    -Tried 8 sprays of Ghenerate Pre (20 mins pre)
    -3g Cit Malate Pre (20 mins pre)
    -1/2 scoop Focus XT (1 hour pre)
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.37%

Tip of the Week 8/5/12

The human body is capable of so many actions, give your body what it needs, and move on. If you don't, you will fail miserably. More is not better, doing what is necessary is better. -By TheHardOne

If you notice any of the following, you need to pull back...immediately. Think of your Central Nervous system as your command center, your Endocrine System as your weapons, your Adrenal Glands as your Main Boss, and yourMacro nutrients / vitamins/minerals/antioxidants as your employees, oh and stimulants as the wives/husbands of your employees(abuse = you lose).

1)Your mindset is "uncertain", you tend to overthink / overcomplicate things

2)Your motivation for your goals become questionable

3)Muscles seem flat (smaller than usual)

4)You seem to get stressed out easily...the smallest "distractions" stay in your head

5)Your starting to put on fat / starting to look "soft/puffy"

6)Its difficult to stay focused

7)It seems a bit of a challenge to walk around / light headed

8)You feel like absolute crap. You don't care about anything.

9)Your thought process is not as efficient

10)During your workout your going "through the motions". (you have tell yourself to grunt / scream / breath during your sets instead of letting the intensity/drive/focus come naturally without even thinking about it.....also weights seem lighter aka neural fatigue)

Do whats necessary, but at the same time don't half ass anything.
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  32. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  222 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.47%

Really nice reading in this thread.
    Got some good pointers from all this literature
    SNS - Serious Nutrition Solutions
    My advice is exclusively my own and may not correspond with the views of SNS
    Questions or concerns? → conny[@]seriousnutritionsolutions.com
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.37%

Arms (myofibrillar/intensity/cns based) Chest (sarcoplasmic/lactic acid based) 8/9/12

-Typical Warm up with Post Chain Work / light lat work / light pushdowns/curls

-High Threshold Work (Triceps/Brachialis/Biceps Focus) 4010 tempo , 2 min rest periods
    Closer Grip Bench Press (avoid full elbow lockout) (avoid stretching the pecs)
    275x10 (PR with this execution) (went a little lower than usual to stretch the triceps more, not necessary since overload is the goal, but experimentation is the only way us humans can improve! )
    300x6 (PR with this execution)
    Hammer Grip Shoulder Width Pullups (avoid full elbow extension at bottom ROM) (actually had to use a 5-6 second negative on this for the sake of me not getting like 20-30 reps)
    BWx8 (PR with this execution)
    Supine Grip Narrow Grip Pullups (avoid full elbow ex at bottom ROM) (had to use a 5-6 second negative on this aswell, remember folks, your muscles don't know how much weight you using, but your Nervous System does know how long the tension last / how many motor neurons to fire(depending on past/current lifting experiences) (if I was on camera, i'd love to strap 2-4 plates around my waist! hehe)
    BWx8 (PR with this execution)

-Maximum Pump Work (lactic acid /density based chest workout)
    Chest Dips
    Bodyweight each set
    Used various techniques like....
    1)4-6 reps top portion of the lift immediately into 4-6 reps of bottom portion of lift immediately into 4-6 full ROM .....rest 30 seconds...then
    2)8 Full ROM reps...rest 15 seconds....then....
    3)Stay in stretched position for 20 seconds.....then repeat the first step until pecs feel like they are about to cramp (honestly should only take maybe 2 rounds of this)

***Notes***
    -6g Cit Malate pre (30 mins pre), 6g Cit post workout
    -Focus Xt 1/2 scoop first thing in morning (I train 6-10 hours later)
    -1/2 tablespoon of GHenerate Pre (30 mins pre)
    -Chest was pretty damn pumped, 9/10! Could be better! Never be satisfied! Ill make sure my pecs rip out of my shirt next time!
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.37%

Man focus xt can really turn a frown upside down lol. Feeling like crap, take 1/2 scoop of Focus XT during the day, within 30 mins....mood starts to improve, focus/concentration is enhanced, and pink lemonade taste so damn good lol.

Thanks again to Mr.Coop and the rest of SNS for this awesome opportunity! I still have a ton of Cit Malate left YAY!! I can't wait till the caffeine free Focus XT comes out, I want to keep my daily stims as low as possible.
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  35. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.37%

Focus XT Full Review
    By TheHardOne

Big Thanks to Mr.Coop / SNS for letting me log Focus XT!

Lets get down to it!

Concentration:

*I workout in a public "fitness center", so its very hard to not get distracted, however I was in a tunnel vision / "man on a mission" feeling" With 1/2 Scoop of Focus XT.
    *If your not concentrating on your goals, you are HALF ASSING your goals. Period.

Memory:
    *Sometimes its hard to remember what tempo, rest periods, weights, number of reps you did during your workout, this wasn't a problem anymore, my mind was absolutely clear and working optimally, in and out of the gym.
    *Making articles on a consistent basis is mentally a tough task, taking 1/2 scoop to a full scoop of Focux XT totally remedied that.....thank god lol. (this was a huge relief for me)

Mood:
    *When taking Focus XT within 20-30 mins I feel very focused(obviously!), euphoric, and energized, exactly what I need when either training in the gym, or making / editing articles, or just handling an everyday conversation!

Stimulant Effect:
    *Honestly for me 1 scoop was a bit too much stimulants for me(200mg caffeine), I used with 1/2 scoop for majority of my uses. A half scoop was PERFECT for me, no stim stress / stim anxiety / rapid heart rate. (the uncaffieneted version is out now....take 1/2 to 1 full scoop of that with your favorite pre workout Pump / Energy blend and get ready to dominate your goals.

Misc:
    *This has stims does it "choke" your pumps? No, the ingredients in this ARE NOT vasoconstrictors, stop listening to Hany "broscience" Rambod.
    *Did you notice body recomposition with this? This can help because in so many ways, being more focused during your workout / ALCAR / Energized / Good Mood will play a role in Body composition, to answer this in a yes or no would just be vague on my part, so many factors to consider.
    *Strength? Thats dictated on various factors aswell. Logical training protocol / overall caloric intake / other supps will play a key role.

Who do I recommend this for?

*Any athlete in general. Literally. Who wouldn't want to perform at their highest capable performance?

Stay focused, live life to the fullest, and always strive for optimal performance for what ever your goal is!

Will Smith....do you know how "focused" you have to be to be at his level of success?
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  36. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.37%

SNS Citrulline Malate (in bulk, 100 servings, 3 grams each scoop) (6-8 gram dose) Full Review

Big Thanks again to SNS and Mr.Coop!

Lets get down to it!

How did I dose this?
    -8 grams 75 percent of the time, the other 15 percent was 6 grams, the last 10 percent was 3 grams.

Recovery
    -10/10 I was very surprised on how well this supplement aided in my recovery, my workouts usually have me feeling mentally fatigued, physically fatigued a day after my workout, taking 6-8 grams of Cit Malate helped big time in that department. Usually my muscle soreness after a workout would last atleast 5 days, with 6-8g of Cit my soreness would last around 2-3 days.

Cardiovascular
    -Haha if any of you followed my log on this you would know how much I enjoyed the cardiovascular benefits I received on Cit Malate....I was consistantly playing basketball which is on the side of Higher Intensity in Intervals, I was sooo out of shape before I started using Cit, within 2 weeks I was a absolute beast when it comes down to sprinting, hardly getting tired, not feeling I was about to die after a tough sprinting / basketball session. Also I would be playing in a local tournament, before I started using Cit Malate a typical game for me was maybe 8 points, 6 rebounds, 4 assist, 0 steals/blocks(over a course of a few games), absolutely humilated / embarassed because of my fat a$$ was so out of shape, once Cit Malate was being used consistantly along with my consistant HIIT regimine, practicing on my ball skills, I started averaging 18-20 points, 20-25 rebounds, 10-12 assist, 2-3 steals, absolute domination on the court. (over a course of a few games) (thats ALOT of explosiveness / cardiovascular / endurance gains folks!)

Pumps 9/10 (would be a 10 if I noticed it stayed alot longer or was a "on cycle" pump)
    -My pumps did come much quicker when using 6-8 g of Cit Malate.
    -Were my pumps any different? No, pretty much the same ol' full / dense pumps, they just came alot quicker.
    -Did they last longer than usual? Honestly no.

Work Threshold 10/10
    -I was able to train heavy and to failure with a relatively higher working sets compared to what I usually do.
    -I could train heavy/hard/intense for a good 50-80 mins without getting super fatigued (like what would usually happen)

Strength *
    -This will be dictated on how you training/other supps/nutrition so I can't comment on this, but yes I did notice my strength increased via better recovery and being able to train harder and longer with more overall volume.

Size *
    -This is also dictated on your training/other supps/nutrition. But yes I did notice a increase in slight increase in muscular growth for every bodypart. ( via enhanced recovery / increasing work capacity)

Mood / Focus *
    -Yes but, I always took this pre workout with my Focus XT, obviously the mood / focus increase I noticed was from the Focus XT.

Misc.
    -Who do I recommend this for? ANY athlete looking to enhance OVERALL performance.
    -Can I take a lower dose at 2-5 grams and still reap the benefits? Possibly, I have used 3 grams pre workout and my pumps still come quick, but for the cardiovascular benefits / increased work threshold benefits I was taking 6-8 grams for that, but I suppose its still possible.
    -Should this be a part of your pre workout martini? Absolutely.
    -How long did it take for me to notice the cardio/endurance/work threshold benefits? About 2 weeks. -How long did it take for me to notice that the pumps came quicker? Within the first 2-3 workouts

You live life one, you can either be "that guy" that everyone is jealous of, that everyone hates because what ever he does, he does it better than everyone else, or you can be average and settle for the expected less than average standard that the illumin......okay okay, ill just end it off there!
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*

Similar Forum Threads

1. citrulline malate
    By wookie429 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-25-2005, 11:11 AM
  2. Citrulline Malate opinions? & my Stack Idea
    By Angular Air in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-27-2005, 10:10 AM
  3. Replies: 15