Here we go - PES Erase, BPS Endosurge, and iForce Intimidate log...with CBL

retrofitted

Awards
After getting some positive feedback on a possible Erase/Endo/NMDA stack on a previous thread, I've decided to track my first log here on AM. Welcome any and all, and please feel free to criticize, encourage, or suggest; would love to have some experienced members along for the ride.

Some background information:

27 years old
5'9"
Currently 186 pounds
Body fat percentage unknown; I would estimate at 23-25% (pictures to come); aesthetics are secondary to strength goals

Two and a half years ago, I was a miserable 330 pound wretched excuse for a man. With severe (and necessary) changes to diet and exercise, I was able to drop 155 pounds in just under a year. All weight loss came from diet and training alone, no supplementation or drugs whatsoever. I've always been leery of supplementation of any kind (outside of whey and creatine) but investing some time in this forum and hearing clinically based, scientifically backed data along with user experiences have certainly changed my outlook. I tore my meniscus approximately two months ago in training due to poor technique on an ill-advised lift and the physical and psychological regression has been an absolute nightmare - lost over a hundred pounds each on my squat and deadlift numbers. My injury has played the most significant role in deciding to finally introduce natural supplementation; I'm determined to build my strength back up, and although aesthetics are not as important to me in comparison to strength, I wouldn't mind any positive changes in appearance.

I'm in week four of an Erase/Endosurge/DAA bulk powder cycle (dosed at 2 caps Erase, 6 caps Endo, and 3g DAA), and in all honesty I've been fairly unimpressed with this stack so far, especially given how many incredible reviews these products have received. No noticeable effects in "drying" or hardening at all, and it feels like my strength levels are actually declining which has been an incredible disappointment. Of course, I don't believe I've given these supps a proper assessment due to a number of factors (particularly the stress of the knee injury) so I'm looking forward to what the next 30 days will bring.

Thanks in advance for those who follow along or chime in.

DIET:
Diet has been extremely clean since the leveling off of the weight loss. I'm meticulous about macros and caloric intake, and all food sources are clean and unprocessed. For the last six weeks, I've used the Lean Gains IF protocol, which incidentally I have not been thrilled with in terms of results (but again, six weeks is not a proper length of time for evaluation). I've decided to switch over to Carb Backloading (a modified version of it) based on Tomahawk88's log among others, and in all honesty I'm terrified but willing to experiment at this point. Primary goal is to gain mass and the commensurate strength. This is most certainly not a cut or intentional recomp.

Prior to the decision to test out CBL, training day intake was approximately 3500 calories, rest day intake hovering around 2500 calories. Proteins made up the majority of my diet (300-350 grams per day) with complex carbs and essential fats making up the rest. Now, for the first time in two years, I won't be paying close attention to my caloric intake but rather focus solely on macros (for the backloads) and doing my best to consume enough protein otherwise. Because I am seeking increases in mass, I won't be as concerned with complex versus simple CHO and hopefully find a good balance as far as a moderate surplus is concerned. I am absolutely petrified of too much fat accumulation due to my past (which I understand is a total contradiction based on my goals and purported dismissal of aesthetics), but I've learned from these boards that "serving two masters" is not a good idea for me. I have a tremendous amount of excess skin due to the rapid weight loss that will eventually need surgery, so evaluation of how much fat as opposed to muscle being gained is a difficult process. Hopefully those experienced with CBL or have had similar issues to mine can assist.

Training days:
12-14 hour fast
Fast broken with proteins/fats and fibrous green vegetables
Post workout shake consisting of whey and bananas before loading begins
Loading based on whole foods (though glycemic index will no longer be an issue)

Rest days:
12-14 hour fast
All meals consisting of fats/proteins and fibrous green vegetables (based on anabolic diet/ketogenic diet)

TRAINING

All training based on Wendler's 5/3/1 program for powerlifting. BBB accessory template.

Finally, here's the supplementation protocol:
2 caps original Erase split 1 morning, 1 early evening
6 caps Endosurge, split 2/2/2 evenly
1 cap Intimidate before sleep

Other basics:
Creatine monohydrate
5 grams fish oil
1.5 -2 scoops Omega Flashover pre workout
2-3 grams additional beta alanine
10 grams bulk ModernBCAA if necessary

My apologies for writing a friggin' novel here, but I wanted to be as thorough as possible. Updates to come on a regular basis.

Please, if anyone out there has anything to add, let me know. And thanks again AM.

retrofitted

Awards
Couple of updates - tried to post this log a few days ago but to no avail.

First night adding Intimidate. Rest day.

Bench Press training

For some reason I had a persistent, absolutely monster headache, perhaps attributed to the lack of carbohydrates in the first half pf the day. Training didn't go well in terms of strength, but still working on regaining strength.

Bench
Warmup at bar, 135, 155
175x5
205x5
230x5

160x10
160x10
160x10
160x10
160x10

Chinups
BWx10
BWx10
BWx10

Kroc Rows (sets with each hand)
85x10
85x10
85x10
85x10
85x15

Close Grip Bench Press
155x10
155x10
155x10
155x10
155x10

Dips (completely upright)
BWx15
BWx15

DIET:
Fasted with black coffee until noon.
12:00 pm - 4 eggs, 6 oz (raw weight) chicken breast, massive bowl of arugula and romaine with olive oil and vinegar
2:45 pm - same as above
4:30 pm - training with Flashover
6:00pm - 1 scoop whey, 100g banana, 1 cup skim milk
6:30 pm - backloading begins. 12 oz chicken breast, 2 pounds of red potatoes, and a half pan (seriously, a 9x13 half pan!) of low fat brownies (prepared with applesauce instead of oil).
8:00 pm - 1 cup lowfat cottage cheese, 1/2 cup Raisin Bran cereal

retrofitted

Awards
Incredibly, woke up this morning two pounds lighter, which was a total surprise based on the previous night's carbohydrate insanity. Carbs were in the range of 450-500...ridiculous.

Deadlift Training

I hate Deadlift and Squat days now because of the loss of strength due to the torn meniscus. Oh well - time to suck it up and accept that the climb back to my original numbers is going to be a slow and painstaking process. And that headache was back with a vengeance, possibly due to the backload.

Deadlift
Warmup at 135, 185, 225
235x5
275x5
305x5

195x8
195x8
195x8
195x8
195x8

Glute-Ham Raise (on lat pulldown machine-damn commercial gym)
5 sets of 10

Reverse Hyperextension (on preacher bench)
5 sets of 10

Ab Wheel rollouts
2 sets of 20

Extended arm front plank
2 planks at 45 seconds

One leg side plank (each side)
2 planks each at 30 seconds

DIET
I swear, if this CBL actually works I'll be ecstatic and eat this way for the rest of my life.

Fasted with black coffee until noon.
12:00 pm - 4 eggs, 6 oz (raw weight) chicken breast, massive bowl of arugula and romaine with olive oil and vinegar
2:45 pm - same as above
4:30 pm - training with Flashover
6:00pm - 1 scoop whey, 100g banana, 1 cup skim milk
6:30 pm - backload madness begins. 12 oz chicken breast, 1 pound of red potatoes, and a half pan of low fat carrot cake (prepared with applesauce instead of oil). Drank a gallon of water with this meal.
8:00 pm - 1 cup lowfat cottage cheese, 1/2 cup Raisin Bran cereal

Carbs in the 400 range.

Bloating at this point was absurd.

pmdied

Awards
Sub'd. I found that Erase (I'm using EP) really started kicking in around 14-16 days. I'm 6 weeks into it and it really makes a difference.

retrofitted

Awards
Thanks for following guys. I'm not sure how I feel about the Erase/Endosurge combo, but I figure a month is enough time to garner a relatively accurate judgment; 60 days should be more than sufficient. I will say this - it seems as though most are using Erase as a cutting/recomp tool as opposed to a bulking supplement, so I'm in the minority when it comes to usage. Still, it should provide some beneficial results either way, so only time will tell.

retrofitted

Awards
One brief update. Weighed in at 183 this morning (without any real gastric emptying, so to speak). That's a loss of three pounds so far on CBL while eating like an a**hole for the last two nights. Totally mind-boggling. Obviously not looking to drop weight at this time but I'm not going to complain about the results. Of course it's far too early to tell, but there might be something to this whole backloading thing. Hopefully it's a combination of the diet along with the stack...will say that I slept like a rock last night (heard so much about the improved sleep on Intimidate). I'm going to backload on off days as well, albeit at a lower number, to follow the Density Bulking plan of CBL. If I wake up tomorrow after a rest day AND a backload, I'm going to very, very surprised.

Updates to come.

retrofitted

Awards
First day experimenting with a rest day backload. Not feeling great about the outcome scale-wise tomorrow but we'll see. Did keep it relatively clean and low in terms of sheer number (approximately 300 grams); absolutely demolished a full quart of yogurt alongside my chicken tonight. By the way, vanilla yogurt and meat are not the greatest pair in the food world.

I'm not completely ready to attribute this to the Intimidate yet, but I will say that my aggression has been off the charts lately. Got cut off today on the freeway and felt like choking the guy to death. It was a hot day and my schedule was pretty frantic, and I'm a pretty short-tempered person to begin with, but hopefully this is a sign of things to come.

Nothing else to note, especially with the Erase/Endo supplementation. Still no increases in vascularity or hardness/drying. Could be the caloric surplus, could be personal physiology, who knows. But something better start changing, and soon.

Overhead press tomorrow, another full backload, and will post pics from first day of NMDA supplementation/CBL.

retrofitted

Awards
Yeah, not a "meal" I'm going to be counting on in the future. I think I need to work a bit on my rest day backloads/overall nutrition. That being said, I woke up this morning and checked in at 181 - another two pounds down after three days of backloading, with no noticeable bloat. Something very strange is going on here.

Also, experiencing some issues with dry skin, particularly on my forearms. I imagine this is a byproduct of the Erase (and perhaps Endo)? If so, this is the only effect I've noticed so far with that particular stack. Resolve, any input?

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah, not a "meal" I'm going to be counting on in the future. I think I need to work a bit on my rest day backloads/overall nutrition. That being said, I woke up this morning and checked in at 181 - another two pounds down after three days of backloading, with no noticeable bloat. Something very strange is going on here.

Also, experiencing some issues with dry skin, particularly on my forearms. I imagine this is a byproduct of the Erase (and perhaps Endo)? If so, this is the only effect I've noticed so far with that particular stack. Resolve, any input?
Huh, usually guys get more oily skin on that stack. Weight-loss is probably water-weight from your Estrogen dropping.