3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
3clipse's Glycomyx log

First off thanks to Dsade and Southland for giving me the opportunity to give this product a go.

A little bit about me

Height: 5'7.7"
Weight: 185
BF%: 11% roughly
Years training: 9.5

Ive used a ton of carb sources, probably all of them. Waxy Maize, Dextrose, Malto, Vitargo, Karbolyn, and now Glycomyx.
Im very in tune with my body and know what works and what doesnt work. I train very hard and my diet is on point. I have a nutritionist and a trainer who keep me on the striat and narrow. I am currently cutting and will be cutting until i am pretty shredded.

My split is as such

Mon- Legs
Tues- Chest/Shoulders
Wed- Off
Thu- Back
Fri- Off
Sat- Arms
Sun- Off

Cardio is done everyday for 30 minutes. Diet is pretty simple, nothing crazy.

With this log i will be noting endurance, pump, taste, mixablity, vascularity, and fullness.

Im sure i have forgotten something, but ill update in the next post with how the workout went tonight.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 1:

Dose:
half a scoop mixed with 30grams of whey protein isolate 45 minutes before my workout.

It mixed well, no issues there and taste was mild. I actualy really enjoy it as it has a slight hint of oats, which i dont mind grinded up in a shake, so this was pleasant.

Today was leg day, so as well all know thats a true test of endurance etc. Needless to say the workout went really well, i usualy gas out pretty quick but today i didnt gas out as quick. I was able to get a bunch of extra reps on leg curls which was really surprising. Vascularity wasnt noticeable and pump was on par for legs.

I took another half a scoop post workout and thats pretty much it. So day 1 is in the books and id say it was a success.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Actually I subbed 20 minutes ago, just didn't post. Slacker.
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, just 'cause your my boss don't mean you need to stomp my scrot Matt! (poor grammar intended) :)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, just 'cause your my boss don't mean you need to stomp my scrot Matt! (poor grammar intended) :)
I got the gold medal in scrote stomping back in Seoul.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In for this (and the scrote stomping)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I only have one question...what's a Gylcomyx?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
sub a dub dub

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice, look forward to your thoughts

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 2:

So day 2 was chest and shoulder day. Not a real hard day for me to be honest as im still ramping up the intensity in my training program ( or so i thought).

As far as doseage goes i took .5 scoop 45 minutes before with my whey protein and proceeded to head to the gym. On the way, almost to the door i stop and notice some out of the norm veinage going on. Now am i cutting? Yea i am, but i havnt dropped enough fat between monday and tuesday to really make this much of a difference to be honest. Only thing i can think of is that Glycomyx was going to work.

So i get in and begin my chest exercises. Nothing to note as far as pump goes for chest, it was decent but nothing to write home about. I will say though that i did some banded bench press and i went up 10lbs for my last set, fully expecting to struggle. It was quite the opposite actualy, i had a much easier time then the set prior. So glycomyx appears to be cutting down the rest needed between sets so far.

Up next was shoulders and i started off with the rear delt machine for about 25 reps supersetted with rear delt ban pull aparts. All im going to say is my delts were blown up and the pump HURT. Endurance was pretty darn good too, it got to the point where i just physicaly couldnt get a rep out.

So delt caps were nice and full and vascularity was peaking through. I got home after i did cardio and smashed another .5 scoop with whey and relaxed for a bit before i had to make my meals for the next day.

Day 3:

Did not dose today as today was an off day so nothing to note. Tomorrow will be back day.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice info there 3clipse :) Looks like your bod is digging that stuff.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 4:

Day 4 was back day so i dosed my Glycomyx 45 minutes pre workout at half a scoop. Proceeded to go train and honestly just did not have a very productive workout, BUT, i blame that on the actual workout, it was higher volume but exercises i just cant really "Feel". I did wake up the next day with some soreness which i was surprised.

The mixeability of the Glycomyx is awesme though and the taste nor the thickness impede anything. I also drank .5 scoop after my workout.

Day 5:

No workout today but i did dose the Glycomyx for 2 meals. I drank humapro and mixed my Glycomyx with the humapro. I guesstimated 10gms of carbs and honestly was not expecting it to taste good, but low and behold it was actualy quite delicious. I also was expecting to be very hungry, but such was not the case! Held me over and then some. Really pleased with this aspect.

Day 6:

Today will be arm day, the true test of Glycomyx. Arm days are usualy vicious for me and i love them, so we will see how this pans out!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 4:

Day 4 was back day so i dosed my Glycomyx 45 minutes pre workout at half a scoop. Proceeded to go train and honestly just did not have a very productive workout, BUT, i blame that on the actual workout, it was higher volume but exercises i just cant really "Feel". I did wake up the next day with some soreness which i was surprised.

The mixeability of the Glycomyx is awesme though and the taste nor the thickness impede anything. I also drank .5 scoop after my workout.

Day 5:

No workout today but i did dose the Glycomyx for 2 meals. I drank humapro and mixed my Glycomyx with the humapro. I guesstimated 10gms of carbs and honestly was not expecting it to taste good, but low and behold it was actualy quite delicious. I also was expecting to be very hungry, but such was not the case! Held me over and then some. Really pleased with this aspect.

Day 6:

Today will be arm day, the true test of Glycomyx. Arm days are usualy vicious for me and i love them, so we will see how this pans out!
I would like to hear more about the Humapro/GlycoMyx combo.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would like to hear more about the Humapro/GlycoMyx combo.
The Glycomyx didnt alter the taste at all IMO and gave it a nice texture. I figured i would be hungry but the Glycomyx seemed to take care of that even at 1/4th a scoop. Also being that Humapro has Momordica in it i was tighter and more vascular than usual at that point in the day, on a low carb day, and no workout. Needless to say i was very impressed with the combo and will be utilizing it from now on.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Other than preworkout, GlycoMyx really just blunts my appetite - especially in the morning. I am simply not hungry for a good 2-3 hours.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Other than preworkout, GlycoMyx really just blunts my appetite - especially in the morning. I am simply not hungry for a good 2-3 hours.

Yes i agree, usualy as my 2 hour mark comes up im getting antsy because i am hungry, this was simply not the case and i was really impressed. This is why i have 2 more tubs though!! lol

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Let me know if you notice the mood-enhancement and mental focus properties. I haven't emphasized them (yet).

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Let me know if you notice the mood-enhancement and mental focus properties. I haven't emphasized them (yet).
I will definitely keep tabs on this, havnt noticed it yet though.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Really curious how the arm day treats you with Glycomyx.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Where does this come from Dsade?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Free Radic Biol Med. 2012 Feb 1;52(3):646-59. Epub 2011 Nov 23.
[h=1]Purple sweet potato color attenuates domoic acid-induced cognitive deficits by promoting estrogen receptor-α-mediated mitochondrial biogenesis signaling in mice.[/h]Lu J, Wu DM, Zheng YL, Hu B, Cheng W, Zhang ZF.
[h=3]Source[/h]Key Laboratory for Biotechnology on Medicinal Plants of Jiangsu Province, School of Life Science, Xuzhou Normal University, Xuzhou 221116, Jiangsu Province, People's Republic of China.

[h=3]Abstract[/h]Recent findings suggest that endoplasmic reticulum stress may be involved in the pathogenesis of domoic acid-induced neurodegeneration. Purple sweet potato color, a class of naturally occurring anthocyanins, has beneficial health and biological effects. Recent studies have also shown that anthocyanins have estrogenic activity and can enhance estrogen receptor-α expression. In this study, we evaluated the effect of purple sweet potato color on cognitive deficits induced by hippocampal mitochondrial dysfunction in domoic acid-treated mice and explored the potential mechanisms underlying this effect. Our results showed that the oral administration of purple sweet potato color to domoic acid-treated mice significantly improved their behavioral performance in a step-through passive avoidance task and a Morris water maze task. These improvements were mediated, at least in part, by a stimulation of estrogen receptor-α-mediated mitochondrial biogenesis signaling and by decreases in the expression of p47phox and gp91phox. Decreases in reactive oxygen species and protein carbonylation were also observed, along with a blockade of the endoplasmic reticulum stress pathway. Furthermore, purple sweet potato color significantly suppressed endoplasmic reticulum stress-induced apoptosis, which prevented neuron loss and restored the expression of memory-related proteins. However, knockdown of estrogen receptor-α using short hairpin RNA only partially blocked the neuroprotective effects of purple sweet potato color in the hippocampus of mice cotreated with purple sweet potato color and domoic acid, indicating that purple sweet potato color acts through multiple pathways. These results suggest that purple sweet potato color could be a possible candidate for the prevention and treatment of cognitive deficits in excitotoxic and other brain disorders.
Crown Copyright © 2011. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.

PMID:22178976 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
[h=1]Purple sweet potato color suppresses lipopolysaccharide-induced acute inflammatory response in mouse brain.[/h]Wang YJ, Zheng YL, Lu J, Chen GQ, Wang XH, Feng J, Ruan J, Sun X, Li CX, Sun QJ.
[h=3]Source[/h]Key Laboratory for Biotechnology on Medicinal Plants of Jiangsu Province, School of Life Science, Xuzhou Normal University, No 101 Shanghai Road, Xuzhou 221116, Jiangsu Province, PR China.

[h=3]Abstract[/h]The neuroprotective effects of purple sweet potato color (PSPC), which is natural anthocyanin food colors, have been investigated in mice treated with lipopolysaccharide (LPS). In behavioral tests, oral administration of PSPC could significantly reverse the impairment of motor and exploration behavior induced by LPS in the open field tasks, and also improve learning and memory ability in step-through tests. Western blot analysis indicated that PSPC significantly suppressed LPS-induced cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) and inducible nitric oxide synthases (iNOS) expression in mouse brain. PSPC also markedly decreased the overproduction of tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha), interleukin-1beta (IL-1beta) and interleukin-6 (IL-6) in LPS-stimulated mouse brain. Mechanistically, PSPC strongly inhibited LPS-induced phosphorylated extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK) and phosphorylated c-Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK) expression and nuclear factor kappa B (NF-kappaB) activation. Taken together, these data suggest that PSPC may be useful for mitigating inflammatory brain diseases by the inhibition of proinflammatory molecule production, at least in part, through blocking ERK, JNK and NF-kappaB signaling.
Crown Copyright (c) 2009. Published by Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.

PMID:19941923 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

[h=1]Antioxidant and memory enhancing effects of purple sweet potato anthocyanin and cordyceps mushroom extract.[/h]Cho J, Kang JS, Long PH, Jing J, Back Y, Chung KS.
[h=3]Source[/h]College of Pharmacy, Chungnam National University, Daejeon 305-764, Korea.

[h=3]Abstract[/h]The effects of purple sweet potato anthocyanin (SPA) and Cordyceps mushroom extract (CME) on lipid peroxidation, 1,1-diphenyl-2-picrylhydrazyl (DPPH) radicals and cognitive deficits were examined. Both SPA and CME exhibited DPPH radical scavenging activities with similar potency. In contrast, only SPA was shown to effectively inhibit lipid peroxidation initiated by Fe2+ and ascorbic acid in rat brain homogenates. Furthermore, SPA markedly enhanced cognitive performance, assessed by passive avoidance test in ethanol-treated mice. Combined treatments with SPA and CME did not significantly influence the effects of SPA alone. These results demonstrate that anthocyanin prepared from purple sweet potato exhibits memory enhancing effects, which may be associated with its antioxidant properties.

PMID:14609130 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is a very nice side benefit for GlycoMyx! Thanks

roblasane

roblasane

Awards
I'm in

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Muscle and mind pumps in one product. Cool to read about the mental aspects, first I've heard of them.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So an update from the workout.

MIND BLOWING! Seriously the pump was deep and at times painful. Vascularity was great as well.

Endurance was ok but was hindered at times by the pump, but i live for the pump so i wasnt mad!

Weights didnt go up which i didnt expect them to and there was absolutely no stomach discomfort and the taste was great.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 7:

Today was an off day but i was on the go for 2 of my meals so i had humapro and GlycoMyx mixed up in a shaker cup. Again i am loving this combo, easy and effective. Vascularity spiked and a ever so slight euphoria made itself apparent. Im sure if i had more than 10gms of carbs it would be more apparent.

Nothing else to report for today.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 8:

Today was the infamous leg day. Today i experimented a tad bit, i took my typical .5 scoop before and after the workout, but i took 1/4th a scoop intraworkout with my usual aminos. The taste did not bother me but it did thicken up a bit and while i was sweating and feeling like i wanted to die in the gym i didnt care for this. I will say though that adding some water made it a bit better. The taste was not bad at all, just having it sit though during the workout caused it to thicken.

Also something to note, i was working legs and my forearm and shoulder vascularity was off the charts. Leg veins and calf veins were very noticeable as well. Pump was deep and "thick". Overall a really good workout.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome updates, you have me excited to tear into my tub!

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Awesome updates, you have me excited to tear into my tub!
Im really enjoying the GlycoMyx, like i said i have two other tubs and will be picking up more.

Day 9:

Got in tonight and worked chest and shoulders. Very good workout, blood was flowing, pump was nice and full especially in my delts, and i my endurance was up from last week. Vascularity was extremely good in my shoulders, forearms, and upper chest.

Strength increased ever so slightly from last week, nothing to write home about but being that i am cutting i will take it! The endurance aspect that i noted tonight was also very nice.

Tomorrow will be a cardio only day and 2 of my 6 meals will be humapro with GlycoMyx mixed in. Definitely digging that combo.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 10 and 11:

Not much to note for these couple of days, i was supposed to workout thursday but wasnt able to, so ill be getting in tonight and hitting back and arms. Should be a killer workout and will definitely put the glycomyx to the test on its endurance properties.

I did however mix half a scoop into 2 scoops of humapro over these last couple of days and still loving the tast and texture and it keeps me full which like i said before was a big surprise. So far so good though.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad things are going so well, Josh! The pumps really are enjoyable (and annoying, at times lol).

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Glad things are going so well, Josh! The pumps really are enjoyable (and annoying, at times lol).
Yea no kidding bro! I got in tonight and had an amazing workout. Pump, vascularity, fullness, endurance. All of it was on point.

Inleft everything in the gym thats for sure!

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ill be updating this log tomorrow. Im home on vacation right now and been super busy taking care of things with the baby shower we had.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 15:

So like i said im on vacation so diets been crap for the most part. But i have been drinking the GlycoMyx with humopro atleast once a day.

Drank it before the workout tonight which i hit legs. Pump was on point which is to be expected. Vascularity was highest its been since the start of my crap eating.

The workout was good though and strength was good as well.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ill be updating this log tomorrow. Im home on vacation right now and been super busy taking care of things with the baby shower we had.
You got a little one on the way? Congratulations! Is this the first?

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You got a little one on the way? Congratulations! Is this the first?
Yup got a little girl on the way! This will be my second little girl, my first is 2.5, but it will be my wifes first baby.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 1:

Its day 1 back in the gym from vacation. I did a leg workout and a half-a## chest workout on leave but did not eat well at all. So its back on the diet and back in the gym today. Thank god!!

Anyways i took my half a scoop before and after. Mixing was still really good and taste was very good. The pump was thick and deep today in the gym. I absolutely destroyed my legs!

They will be sore tomorrow thats for sure.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So legs werent as sore as i expected which i was darn excited about because i left saying, im really going to hate/love myself for this tomorrow.

Proceeded to get in and hammer chest and back over the last couple of days. Really nothing has changed. Still working my way back into my diet, which has been perfect and has included Glycomyx, which i cant thank Dsade enough for coming up with. The convenience of it alone is worth purchasing. Plus the profile, i mean where can you go wrong?

Recovery seems improved, which im really digging. Tomorrow will be an arm day. Ive still got a LOT of this tub left, or it appears like a lot. Im going to get a good 2 weeks more of workouts and then ill put up my feelings on the product. Needless to say though im impressed.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Arms day didnt happen. We played football yesterday and i hadnt run hard like that in about 6 months due to shin issues/injuries.

Plus it was blistering out so i got home and was wiped out.

Woke up this morning to goto the gym and was extremely sore all over lol. So tomorrow i will be back in the gym, but today will be a rest day for sure.

One of my meals later will be humapro/glycomyx.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Able to hit the gym, yesterday?

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I got in on monday and attempted legs, i got through my sets of leg curls but could not do the box squats. So i scrapped the leg workout and knocked out the arm workout i missed.

The Pump was so big that it hurt to curl or do tris, i was definitely digging that!

I hit chest yesterday and while it was a solid workout the pump was near as big. Recovery is up a tad.

So the plan was to get into the gym tonight and redo my leg workout. And i must say, what a leg workout it was. The pump wasnt the worst, but not the best either. One thing i will note though was the endurance. My endurance was amazing, thank you glycomyx!

I was extremely pleased with the workout and it was one of the better onces since vacation.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad you were able to get that leg session in, man. And also happy to hear you turned a stale leg workout into a good arm workout. I've actually used GlycoMyx (in conjunction with whey) as my exclusive pre-workout meal for a handful of weeks, now, and I love it.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I tore the hell out of legs last night (in a good way). Glycomyx preworkout (been mixing it with Green Apple Vengeance) is unbeatable!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I tore the hell out of legs last night (in a good way). Glycomyx preworkout (been mixing it with Green Apple Vengeance) is unbeatable!
Vengeance?

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Glad you were able to get that leg session in, man. And also happy to hear you turned a stale leg workout into a good arm workout. I've actually used GlycoMyx (in conjunction with whey) as my exclusive pre-workout meal for a handful of weeks, now, and I love it.
It definitely is leaps and bounds ahead of the other carb choices out there IMO. No bloat and no stomach discomfort and hardly no taste whichbis great.