Once It Hits Your Lips, It's So Good! - iForce Red Velvet Cake Protean

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
iForce Red Velvet Cake Protean - Sponsored Review

This is one of the best, if not the best, tasting protein I've had. I've probably gone through a pound or more and I REALLY like the way it tastes.

"Mixability" is best with a blender ball (as is with any protein). I've tried it with a spoon and it's on par with most other protein brands that I've tried.

Taste is nothing short of fantastic. I always look forward to a scoop of RVC, especially when using it as a replacement for a snack. It tastes great, even when mixing it with just water. It's no surprise that it tastes better with milk, though.

Price is a little high, but not so much that I won't buy it. I usually keep at least two proteins on hand. It usually works out to be one cheap protein for function (in bulk) and another more expensive protein for taste. This is just to break up the monotony of the same old thing. RVC Protean will definitely be in the mix now.

Other - I do different things with protein, so as to break up the routine. I usually mix a little casein with plain non-fat/low-fat yogurt/Greek Yogurt. I saw some other guys that really like RVC for this. I thought it was okay like this and actually thought that it took away from the flavor. It's not bad, but I think the yogurt kills the flavor too much for my liking. It mixed a lot easier than using casein, but I think using it in this manner takes away from the flavor. I'll stick to other less desirably flavored proteins when mixing with yogurt.

Lately I've been making something similar to a Brownie or a Pan Cookie using protein. My wife won't usually touch any of this sort of stuff. She ate half of my last batch when I used RVC Protean, lol. Here's the recipe I used. I usually use semi-sweet chocolate chips, but my last batch was white chocolate b/c it was the only thing in the house. It's not exactly healthy, but it is a nice snack/cheat. It's loosely based a Nestle Toll House recipe. :D

Ingredients

• 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/4 cups RVC Protean (I think this is about 5 scoops)
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 cup/2 sticks butter, softened (I substitute coconut oil)
  • 1 1/2 cups Splenda
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or two teaspoons of imitation extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • 12 oz chocolate chips
PREHEAT oven to 375° F.

COMBINE flour, baking soda and Protean in a small bowl. Beat butter/oil, Splenda and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels.

PAN COOKIE : Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Spread into prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.

Overall, I really like iForce Red Velvet Protean. I will definitely try other flavors and actually have another two pounds of RVC in my stash. If your hesitant about trying it, don't be.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
NIce review Nate.

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
awesome review bro, glad you enjoyed it. and definitely will be trying the recipe. got any pics of the finished cookie??

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My wife and I ate them before I had a chance, lol. I think she was using them in place of her breakfast protein bars.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome man, glad you like! Adding that recipe to my collection as I speak :)

Mike