Summer Fun with Primordial and ForeRunner

Page 6 of 10 First ... 45678 ... Last

1. Colby, awesome job on the 1k for 5 man!!!
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com

2. Quote Originally Posted by ryansm View Post
    As I've gotten older and no longer recover like I use to backing off on training has been a hard lesson to learn but if I want to keep weights in my life I have to do it. It's good that you listen to your body no point in injuring yourself and then being hurt to the point that you can't train at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    Colby, awesome job on the 1k for 5 man!!!
    Thanks to both of you. It's great to get feedback from others that are going through the same growing pains, as well as the props. One leg workout left so I'm really planning on killing it next Wednesday.

Suprisingly, I am not that sore today and am walking pretty well. We'll see what tomorrow feels like!
    “Beastmode is when you can not possibly go any further, but then you make a conscious choice to move forward”.
    •   

3. Day 49: Shoulders

Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press:
    10 lb x 20 reps
    25 lb x 15 reps
    35 lb x 10 reps
    35 lb x 10 reps
    Hammer Strength Machine *Left shoulder is definitely tweaked. Most noticeable when doing presses.

Barbell Incline Shoulder Raise:
    20 lb x 20 reps
    40 lb x 10 reps
    60 lb x 10 reps
    80 lb x 10 reps

Cable Seated Lateral Raise:
    10 lb x 20 reps
    20 lb x 10 reps
    20 lb x 10 reps
    30 lb x 10 reps

Upright Cable Row:
    60 lb x 10 reps
    100 lb x 10 reps
    140 lb x 10 reps

Reverse Flyes:
    40 lb x 10 reps
    50 lb x 10 reps
    60 lb x 10 reps
    80 lb x 10 reps

Smith Machine Shrug:
    135 lb x 10 reps
    225 lb x 10 reps
    315 lb x 10 reps
    315 lb x 10 reps

Dumbbell Shrug:
    100 lb x 10 reps
    80 lb x 10 reps
    60 lb x 15 reps

Elliptical Trainer:
    0:40:00 || Intense!

Cycling (stationary):
    0:20:00 || 3.8 mi

Notes:
    *Left shoulder is tweaked but only when doing presses. Looks like I'll have to take it easy next week when pressing. Definitely going to get some good down time this weekend and I hope that it heals up quickly.
    **Other than that, just kept it simple and moderate tonight. Nothing spectacular though it was hard holding myself back when I know I wanted to go at things 100%.
    ***Looking forward to arms tomorrow night. Hoping the shoulder doesn't have an effect on thing too much.
    “Beastmode is when you can not possibly go any further, but then you make a conscious choice to move forward”.

4. Thursday, July 26 - 334 lbs. (0)

Week 7 Reflection:

Strength: Touch and go this week. Had a ****ing awesome arms workout but chest was craptastic (turns out I really did tweak my left shoulder). Legs on the other hand: damn I love me some squats again!!! Overall though, strength has been up since week one and I usually feel strong all day long.

Recovery: DOMS seem to be creeping in. I don’t mind it one bit, makes me feel ALIVE seeing how I haven’t had much soreness the entire run.

Pump/Vascularity: Awesome. I hope the new found vascularity continues through PCT.

Mood/Aggression: Mellow as always. Alpha is there but in a controlled state, unleashed when lifting!

Energy/Focus: Focus is still rolling. I find it weird that I can be super focused and have a craptastic workout. The kicker is that I reflect upon it and want to make a few changes for next week already. Going to miss Drive and may have to run it again later this year. Energy has been so-so. The first week Craze euphoria has worn off and I am having second thoughts on using it again once this tub is gone.

Noticeable Changes in Appearance: Having some fun with the critter this week, doing our ‘Hulk Smash’ (most muscular) poses in the mirror (she watched the Olympia and the Arnold with me and loves to have pose downs, lol). I have started to see some separation between the traps and the three shoulder heads. Still just messing around “Hulk Hogan 24” Python” (back double bi) pose and there’s separation between the shoulders, bi’s and tri’s. At this time, I really don’t remember the last time I’ve seen much separation. It’s kind of nice. Vascularity continues to improve as stated above. Now I’m very curious as to what I will see at 250 lbs. and then running this stack again at that weight. Guess I’ve got a goal in mind now and I’ll give it hell to get back there.

Libido: Up and down this week. Some days it was on, others I felt shut down.

Odds ‘N’ Ends: Though my chest W.O. was an off day and I took an unexpected break on Tuesday, I’m still quite please with the run. With only one week to go, I am starting to get curious with how I will respond to the TRS for PCT, what gains I will hold onto or continue to make, and what lies ahead this fall.

Mini-Joint Fixx Review: This stuff works, hands down. Back in weeks 2/3 my fingers, wrists, elbows, and shoulders were really feeling burnt and I felt old, so I picked up a bottle after reading a few reviews (Thanks Capt.). About 6 or 7 days in and I started to feel some relief. Four weeks in and now done with my bottle, all four areas feel great. I couldn’t imagine something that would kick in so fast and help me get through a rough patch. Got to give props to AMS for a great joint supplement. I’ll definitely be picking up another bottle here to stash away for when the pains decide to return.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Colbicide View Post
    Thanks to both of you. It's great to get feedback from others that are going through the same growing pains, as well as the props. One leg workout left so I'm really planning on killing it next Wednesday.

Suprisingly, I am not that sore today and am walking pretty well. We'll see what tomorrow feels like!
    Reminds me of leg day sessions.
    Day 1: Awesome, not sore
    Day 2: I can't walk
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Colbicide View Post
    Thursday, July 26 - 334 lbs. (0)

Week 7 Reflection:

Now I’m very curious as to what I will see at 250 lbs. and then running this stack again at that weight. Guess I’ve got a goal in mind now and I’ll give it hell to get back there..

As always, great reading your reflections.

Tell you what - you get there, we'll run this stack together next time.
    FINAFLEX REP

7. You guys should compete for results if running the same cycle at same time.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:

8. Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    Reminds me of leg day sessions.
    Day 1: Awesome, not sore
    Day 2: I can't walk
    I'm usually the exact same way.

9. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    As always, great reading your reflections.

Tell you what - you get there, we'll run this stack together next time.
    Thanks and I'd love to do something like that just to be able to trade notes!

Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    You guys should compete for results if running the same cycle at same time.
    ****, HTS just threw down the gauntlet. I think we may have something for the future.

I'm game.

10. Day 50: Arms

Machine Triceps Extension:
    100 lb x 10 reps
    150 lb x 10 reps
    200 lb x 10 reps
    230 lb x 10 reps
    250 lb x 5 reps

EZ-Bar Curl:
    15 lb x 20 reps
    65 lb x 10 reps
    85 lb x 10 reps
    35 lb x 10 reps
    ^Left forearm pain with 2nd set. Continued into 3rd. Kept thing light for rest of evening for Bi's.

Machine Dips:
    150 lb x 10 reps
    200 lb x 10 reps
    230 lb x 10 reps
    250 lb x 10 reps
    190 lb x 10 reps
    160 lb x 10 reps

Dumbbell Bicep Curl:
    40 lb x 10 reps
    30 lb x 10 reps
    30 lb x 10 reps
    30 lb x 10 reps

Triceps Pushdown - V-Bar Attachment:
    150 lb x 20 reps
    200 lb x 10 reps
    210 lb x 10 reps
    220 lb x 10 reps
    250 lb x 6 reps

Preacher Curl:
    30 lb x 10 reps
    35 lb x 10 reps
    40 lb x 10 reps
    50 lb x 10 reps
    70 lb x 10 reps

Reverse Grip Triceps Pushdown:
    60 lb x 10 reps
    80 lb x 10 reps
    100 lb x 10 reps
    120 lb x 10 reps
    140 lb x 10 reps

Cable Rope Overhead Triceps Extension:
    140 lb x 10 reps
    120 lb x 10 reps
    100 lb x 10 reps

Elliptical Trainer:
    0:45:00 || Intense!

Cycling (stationary):
    000 || 2.9 mi

Notes:

*PR's in italics
    **In the zone again. Weight I was moving just felt right.
    ***Left forearm twinge wasn't expected but oh well. I think I've learned to take things one step at a time and work around them.
    ***Definitely taking Saturday and Sunday off to get a little R & R for the should and forearm before my last 4 workouts.

Ramblings;

Have not slept well the past two nights. Not sure what triggers the Drive to go into overdrive. Some nights are great, others are so-so, and then there are the WTF nights. The WTF nights I have found watching Stallone movies like Judge Dread, Expendables, and Demolition Man along with the old Robotech/Macross anime series have helped me fall asleep. Too bad that it's on the couch and I end up dragging myself to bed and partially waking back up... Oh well the run is almost over and even with some issues, I think the past 8 weeks have been a great experience.

11. Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    You guys should compete for results if running the same cycle at same time.
    I like this idea

12. Quote Originally Posted by Colbicide View Post
    Thanks and I'd love to do something like that just to be able to trade notes!

****, HTS just threw down the gauntlet. I think we may have something for the future.

I'm game.
    I would be game too and was thinking the same thing. Run it at the same time, compare notes.. and push each other to get bigger, stronger, leaner....

Quote Originally Posted by Colbicide View Post
    Day 50: Arms

Another fine workout
    FINAFLEX REP

13. Day 51: REST!

Today and tomorrow I am hoping will give the shoulder and forearm a little time to heal up. Fingers crossed that both are shot for longer than that.
    Clock's ticking down. Hoping to throw a few more PR's next week before things totally come to and end.

14. Day 52: Rest

Got to see the new Batman. Better than I expected. Chest tomorrow, we'll see how the shoulder holds up. Not going to hold my breath and will take it light if needed.

Now to go throw my work laptop out the window. Trying to update files before critters come back to school and it's messed up. The greatest thing about this situation is that it's long past the warrenty AND due to the wonders of CA's budget issues and school funding being held hostage by Gov. Moonbeam, there's no way I'll see an upgrade in my lifetime...

15. Quote Originally Posted by Colbicide View Post
    Day 51: REST!

Today and tomorrow I am hoping will give the shoulder and forearm a little time to heal up. Fingers crossed that both are shot for longer than that.
    Clock's ticking down. Hoping to throw a few more PR's next week before things totally come to and end.
    I have a feeling you will see the PRs.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:

16. Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    I have a feeling you will see the PRs.
    I think I can pull one or two for leg day. I'm just not sure if the shoulder and forearm are going to want to work with or against me this week. We'll see tonight.

17. Quote Originally Posted by Colbicide View Post
    I think I can pull one or two for leg day. I'm just not sure if the shoulder and forearm are going to want to work with or against me this week. We'll see tonight.
    Don't hurt yourself just to see if you can bud

18. Quote Originally Posted by ryansm View Post
    Don't hurt yourself just to see if you can bud
    I agree. Your work will disappear quickly if you can't workout for a bit.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:

19. Oh, yea. I've learned that much this cycle, lol. If I can't go heavy, I will go light. If I can't go light, I've already said **** it and will be doing cardio most of the week. The last thing I want is to lose everything I've gained the past two months.

I've actually decided to take next week off from lifting (got to do the cardio though) while beginning PCT and letting my body start to normalize itself. Then I'll start ramping back up starting at 60% week 2.

With age comes aches, pains, and wisdom. Think I am starting to enjoy being old and wise over young and dumb, lol.

20. Day 53: Chest

Machine Bench Press:
    90 lb x 20 reps
    180 lb x 10 reps
    270 lb x 10 reps
    320 lb x 6 reps
    340 lb x 4 reps
    90 lb x 10 reps
    *Hammer Strength

Machine Incline Bench Press:
    90 lb x 20 reps
    180 lb x 10 reps
    270 lb x 10 reps
    360 lb x 8 reps
    90 lb x 10 reps
    *Hammer Strength

Decline Barbell Bench Press:
    90 lb x 20 reps
    180 lb x 10 reps
    270 lb x 8 reps
    90 lb x 20 reps
    *Hammer Strength

Machine Chest Fly (Pec Deck):
    60 lb x 10 reps
    80 lb x 10 reps
    130 lb x 10 reps
    60 lb x 10 reps

Elliptical Trainer:
    0:30:00 || Moderate

Cycling (stationary):
    0:30:00 || 5.4 mi

Notes:
    *PR's in italics.
    **Stayed away from barbells tonight. I wanted to make sure the shoulder was going to be OK.
    ***Did some light weight shoulder warm-ups before WO and kept them loose in between lifts. This seemed to be the trick.
    ****Felt strong and much better than last week. Thought about going for 450 in the incline but decided to not push my luck with the shoulder. I'm thinking it was the right decision!

Ramblings:
    I know earlier today I stated that I might take next week off, but after tonight and no shoulder issues I think that may change. If this week goes well, I may just deload next week and then start ramping things back up. We'll see.

21. I like it Just listen to your body and go from there if you think you fell god to go then go for it

22. Quote Originally Posted by Colbicide View Post
    Oh, yea. I've learned that much this cycle, lol. If I can't go heavy, I will go light. If I can't go light, I've already said **** it and will be doing cardio most of the week. The last thing I want is to lose everything I've gained the past two months.

I've actually decided to take next week off from lifting (got to do the cardio though) while beginning PCT and letting my body start to normalize itself. Then I'll start ramping back up starting at 60% week 2.

With age comes aches, pains, and wisdom. Think I am starting to enjoy being old and wise over young and dumb, lol.
    There is actually a movement of people who state no one should lift first week of PCT and just eat. Less energy expenditure and more calories = better chance of keeping gains in that critical first week.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:

23. Day 54: Back/Lats

Close-Grip Front Lat Pulldown:
    50 lb x 10 reps
    100 lb x 10 reps
    200 lb x 10 reps
    250 lb x 8 reps
    200 lb x 10 reps

Wide-Grip Pulldown Behind The Neck:
    100 lb x 10 reps
    130 lb x 10 reps
    170 lb x 10 reps
    150 lb x 10 reps

Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown:
    150 lb x 10 reps
    200 lb x 10 reps
    270 lb x 6 reps
    250 lb x 10 reps
    200 lb x 10 reps

One-Arm Dumbbell Row:
    90 lb x 10 reps
    180 lb x 8 reps
    180 lb x 8 reps
    *Hammer Strength

Smith Machine Shrug:
    315 lb x 10 reps
    225 lb x 10 reps
    225 lb x 10 reps

Elliptical Trainer:
    0:30:00 || Moderate

Cycling (stationary):
    0:30:00 || 5.8 mi

Notes:

*PR's in italics.
    **Wasn't sure how the forearm and shoulder would do today. Made sure I warmed them up before I started and kept them loose between sets.
    ***Once I realized I was pain free, it was on. Walked out with a ****-eating grin again!

24. Quote Originally Posted by ryansm View Post
    I like it Just listen to your body and go from there if you think you fell god to go then go for it
    Yes. I think that's going to be a major change I make each day when I hit the gym. Feeling good = kill it. Feeling craptastic = go light and kill it the next week. Using this approach has really helped the past eight weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    There is actually a movement of people who state no one should lift first week of PCT and just eat. Less energy expenditure and more calories = better chance of keeping gains in that critical first week.
    I've read that as well which is why I am/was thinking about going that way. But I keep flip flopping (like a politician) when it comes to this. I may just go middle of the road and lift at 25% of max next week for 15-20 reps just so I feel like I am getting something done and then get the cardio in. We'll see. It may depend on how busy I am with the new school year getting ready to start.

25. Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    Probably be a great time to have a deload week, to still stay active?
    FINAFLEX REP

26. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    Probably be a great time to have a deload week, to still stay active?
    Yes, that's what I am thinking. I need to stay active or my stress level shoots through the roof and my wife then wants to kill me. Deload is what I am leaning towards. I also thing the deload may help my forearm heal a bit more and help strengthen my shoulder as well.

27. Day 55: Legs!

Barbell Squat:
    45 lb x 20 reps
    135 lb x 10 reps
    315 lb x 6 reps
    225 lb x 8 reps

Leg Press:
    1000 lb x 6 reps
    800 lb x 8 reps
    800 lb x 8 reps

Calf Press On The Leg Press Machine:
    1000 lb x 10 reps
    1000 lb x 5 reps
    800 lb x 12 reps
    800 lb x 12 reps
    600 lb x 12 reps
    600 lb x 12 reps

Leg Extensions:
    50 lb x 12 reps
    50 lb x 12 reps
    50 lb x 12 reps
    60 lb x 12 reps

Seated Leg Curl:
    30 lb x 20 reps
    60 lb x 15 reps
    90 lb x 10 reps
    90 lb x 10 reps

Elliptical Trainer:
    0:30:00 || Intense!

Cycling (stationary):
    0:30:00 || 6 mi

Notes:

*PR's in italics.
    **Great leg day even if I had to train in the AM. Surprised how strong I felt this morning. It's been a while since I have done morning legs.

Observations:

*I am starting to believe that the elliptical trainer has helped to strengthen my hips, knees, and ankles. Since I incorperated it into my cardio, I have not had many issues with those joints. Not to mention due to not having issues, my lifts have gone up as well. Guess I should have been using it all along.

** Been over a week without any Alpha Bulk. The one thing that I have really noticed is that I am sore the next day. I have had little to no soreness since the beginning of this journey but the soreness has really kicked in since I stopped taking it. So I'm giving props to A.B. for this effect. I'm not complaining that I'm sore btw. Being sore to me just reminds me that I'm alive.
    Last edited by Colbicide; 08-02-2012 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Damn grammer Nazis...

28. Damn killer leg day, nice PRs.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:

29. Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    Damn killer leg day, nice PRs.
    Thanks! Now I just hope I am still able to walk on Friday!
    Last edited by Colbicide; 08-01-2012 at 06:30 PM. Reason: I iz dumb.

30. Quote Originally Posted by Colbicide View Post
    Being sore to me just reminds me that I'm alive.
    Well said! And killer leg work out Colby
    FINAFLEX REP
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Primordial Performance 72hr Summer Sale! --- Save up to 33% ---
    By Eric Potratz in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 132
    Last Post: 08-04-2011, 02:19 AM
  2. Primordial's Super Summer Sale 2010!
    By Trauma1 in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 26