Summer Fun with Primordial and ForeRunner

Page 3 of 10 First 12345 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    Interested to see the path you choose.
    Yes, so will I. Either way I am determined to finish this up and have a good time with it even with all the physical crap I seem to be going through.
    “Beastmode is when you can not possibly go any further, but then you make a conscious choice to move forward”.

2. Day 20: Quads/Ham's/Calves - I'm really starting to hate this week.

Leg Press:
    400 lb x 10 reps
    400 lb x 10 reps
    400 lb x 10 reps

Calf Press On The Leg Press Machine:
    400 lb x 20 reps
    400 lb x 20 reps
    400 lb x 20 reps

Leg Extensions:
    50 lb x 12 reps
    50 lb x 12 reps
    50 lb x 12 reps

Seated Leg Curl:
    20 lb x 12 reps
    20 lb x 12 reps
    20 lb x 12 reps

Cycling (stationary):
    0:45:00 || 9 mi

Notes:
    Another crappy day and another round of light weight. When this started off with a bang I was dead set on pushing it. This past week is really starting to wear on me. I don't like the summer flu, I don't like feeling old, I don't like having to second guess my summer goals. Hopefully something will turn around here soon and get me back into the right stage of mind as well as make my body feel good again.
    “Beastmode is when you can not possibly go any further, but then you make a conscious choice to move forward”.
    •   

3. Colbi, just think of it has an unplanned deload .. next week you will come back fresher, less sore and motivated to absolutely kill it in the gym!
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com

4. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    Colbi, just think of it has an unplanned deload .. next week you will come back fresher, less sore and motivated to absolutely kill it in the gym!
    Thanks for the laugh Was. It just totally put me into another frame of mind.

Got my Joint Fixx today, popped 2 this AM and hoping for some relief sometime next week.

5. Keep your thoughts positive bud

•   

6. Quote Originally Posted by ryansm View Post
    Keep your thoughts positive bud
    Trying to. Since I can't challege myself in the way of strength, I've decided to add 15 min more to my cardio. I am thankful that the Drive has helped me blast through something I hate.

7. Day 21: Shoulders/Traps

Seated Barbell Shoulder Press:
    45 lb x 10 reps
    45 lb x 10 reps
    45 lb x 10 reps

Upright Barbell Row:
    25 lb x 12 reps
    25 lb x 12 reps
    25 lb x 12 reps

Front Dumbbell Raise:
    15 lb x 10 reps
    15 lb x 10 reps
    15 lb x 10 reps

Seated Side Lateral Raise:
    10 lb x 10 reps
    10 lb x 10 reps
    10 lb x 10 reps

Reverse Flyes:
    20 lb x 12 reps
    20 lb x 12 reps
    20 lb x 12 reps

Dumbbell Shrug:
    35 lb x 10 reps
    35 lb x 10 reps
    35 lb x 10 reps

Cycling (stationary):
    0:45:00 || 8.6 mi

Notes:
    *First day I've felt and looked deflated.
    **Got my Joint Fixx and crossing my fingers it kicks in sooner rather than later.
    ***Continuing to ramp up the cardio and I thank the Drive that I don't care that I do. It's a challenge at least.

8. Thursday , June 28th - 343 lbs. (-3 lbs. Not bad for not wanting to and not being able to eat the way I want to.)

Week 3 Reflection:

Strength: Can’t say much. Took the week to go light due to aches and pains. Hoping to see some more gains here in the next week as I look to start pushing it again. As Wasme put it, I decided to take an unscheduled deload and will be trying to kill it again next week.

Recovery: Since I went light this week, recovery has been really good when talking muscles. It’s too bad the joints won’t cooperate!

Pump/Vascularity: Pumps continue to be really solid. Vascularity is still increasing.

Mood/Aggression: Feeling laid back, even though I’ve felt like crap. Aggression is on the rise. My fuse has started to get a lot shorter.

Energy/Focus: Once I get to the gym it’s on. Feeling crappy all day but once there is something else to focus on, it’s been very good. Don’t think I have actually bitched to myself in two weeks about doing cardio either, that is a huge plus! I’ve even added an additional 15 minutes of cardio and will continue with that for the remainder of this cycle.

Noticeable Changes in Appearance: Vascularity has increased even more for shoulders and pecs. Calves are starting to look a little more chiseled for a fat guy. Traps have a 24 hour pump look to them. Feeling even harder/solid which I am starting to enjoy.

Libido: Took a bit of a dive this week. Not sure if it’s the stack or if it’s the crap I’m dealing with.

Odds ‘N’ Ends: Really disappointed this week since it’s been a huge downer in comparison to the first two weeks. Appetite has had its’ ass kicked by this crap I am fighting. Struggling to eat, though when I do, I start to feel much better. I wish that feeling of goodness would stick around. Started living on tums which seems to help a bit. The joints are still giving me a lot of pain. I am a very frustrated giant not being able to even work towards my goals that I started out with three weeks ago. As posted earlier, if things do not move in the right direction during this fourth week, I will be re-evaluating my goals for the remainder of this run. Next week’s sessions will be a bit modified due to the 4th of July being in the middle of the week.

9. Stupid double posts...
    Last edited by Colbicide; 06-28-2012 at 11:38 PM. Reason: I hate lag...

10. Quote Originally Posted by Colbicide View Post
    Strength: Can’t say much. Took the week to go light due to aches and pains. Hoping to see some more gains here in the next week as I look to start pushing it again. As Wasme put it, I decided to take an unscheduled deload and will be trying to kill it again next week.
    And you will my friend!

As usual enjoy reading your weekly reflection..
    FINAFLEX REP

11. just saw this log. im following
    BPS Representative

12. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    just saw this log. im following
    Glad to have you along R1. My daughter just saw your avatar and lost her mind. "Papa it's a red RC!" (Been watching way too much Transformers this summer).

13. hahahah! gotta love kids. how old is she?
    BPS Representative

14. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    hahahah! gotta love kids. how old is she?
    3 going on 18... Or so it feels these days.

15. Day 22: Arms

Seated Triceps Press:
    50 lb x 15 reps
    50 lb x 15 reps
    50 lb x 15 reps

EZ-Bar Curl:
    35 lb x 12 reps
    35 lb x 12 reps
    35 lb x 12 reps

Triceps Push down V-bar:
    100 lb x 15 reps
    100 lb x 15 reps
    100 lb x 15 reps

Preacher Curl:
    30 lb x 12 reps
    30 lb x 12 reps
    30 lb x 12 reps

Cable Rope Overhead Triceps Extension:
    60 lb x 15 reps
    60 lb x 15 reps
    60 lb x 15 reps

Hammer Dumbbell Curl:
    20 lb x 12 reps
    20 lb x 12 reps
    20 lb x 12 reps

Cycling (stationary):
    0:45:00 || 8.6 mi

Notes:
    *Sorry for the very late update. The Secret World opened today and I needed a gaming fix.
    **Joints still hurt, kept things light again.
    ***Still feeling like crap. Appetite is nil.
    ****With the 4th of July upon us, W.O.'s this week will not be on my regular schedule. I am also going to decrease this week and try to hit just one body part each day in order to help the joints. S-chest, M-back/traps, T-Legs, W-off, Th-off, Friday-shoulders/traps,Sat-arms/calves. I hope this gives my aches and pains a little more rest time. Will be trying to move past the pain this week so I'm hoping to jump on the PR train again and get my progress back up to speed.

16. Day 23: Rest and lots of yard work...

Going to kick the Bulk up to 10 starting tomorrow 5 AM / 5 PM. Going to try and demolish myself again like I did the first two weeks.
    Feeling a bit better. Appetite is still nonexsistant which worries me. Joints still a bit creaky but not as bad.

Hoping for good this week.

17. Day 24: Chest

Machine Bench Press:
    90 lb x 10 reps
    180 lb x 10 reps
    270 lb x 6 reps
    270 lb x 4 reps
    Hammer Strength Machine

Machine Incline Bench Press:
    90 lb x 10 reps
    180 lb x 10 reps
    270 lb x 10 reps
    360 lb x 6 reps
    405 lb x 0 reps
    360 lb x 5 reps
    Hammer Strength Machine

Decline Barbell Bench Press:
    180 lb x 10 reps
    270 lb x 10 reps
    270 lb x 10 reps
    Hammer Strength Machine

Machine Chest Fly (Pec Deck):
    60 lb x 10 reps
    80 lb x 10 reps
    80 lb x 10 reps
    80 lb x 10 reps

Cycling (stationary):
    0:45:00 || 8.9 mi

Notes:
    *Hammer Strength Day... I really hate people who circuit train. This is not Curves. And whoever came up with this **** needs to have his/her legs torn off and be beaten with them. Tying up the Smith machine for an hour while doing circuits is not making me happier with you.
    **Recovery between sets today was amazing. Not to mention being pissed by the description of the guy above, alpha mode here we come!
    *** Italics are PR's.
    **** The 405 for 0 on Inclines was a test to see if my PR (5) when using Ultradrol could be matched. That PR was set either week 3 or 4 last December and unfortunately I lost much of that strength afterwards. I figured if this stack gets me back to 405 and I can manage to keep most of my strength gains through PCT this time, I will be ecstatic.

Sides: Appetite has yet to return but I am feeling better (knock on wood). Joints still ache but sleep has gotten much better the past couple of nights. Still not sure what to call this cycle - Bulk/Recomp/ or For the Hell of it. Either way, I'm still having fun.

18. Looking solid bro.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy

19. Thanks. For my own sanity, I need to get back into that groove ASAP that I was in 2 weeks ago!

20. Morning Update:

Best sleep this entire cycle last night!!! I hope it lasts.

Feeling better today. Energy is good. Focus is awesome. Appetite is so-so.

No DOMS either from yesterday. To quote Satan,"I'm lovin' it"!

Joints are touch and go. One minute they hurt, the next they feel great.

Anywho, hoping to hit back late tonight if our family obligations get taken care of before 8 pm.

21. Quote Originally Posted by Colbicide View Post
    Morning Update:

Best sleep this entire cycle last night!!! I hope it lasts.

Feeling better today. Energy is good. Focus is awesome. Appetite is so-so.

No DOMS either from yesterday. To quote Satan,"I'm lovin' it"!

Joints are touch and go. One minute they hurt, the next they feel great.

Anywho, hoping to hit back late tonight if our family obligations get taken care of before 8 pm.
    I see the upturn happening... good to hear Colbi
    FINAFLEX REP

22. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    I see the upturn happening... good to hear Colbi
    Thanks!

23. Day 25: Back/Traps

Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown:
    100 lb x 10 reps
    150 lb x 10 reps
    200 lb x 10 reps
    250 lb x 10 reps

Wide-Grip Pulldown Behind The Neck:
    50 lb x 10 reps
    100 lb x 10 reps
    130 lb x 10 reps
    160 lb x 10 reps

Seated Cable Row:
    290 lb x 10 reps
    200 lb x 10 reps
    200 lb x 10 reps
    *That first set nearly killed me.

One-Arm Dumbbell Row:
    55 lb x 10 reps

Barbell Shrug:
    45 lb x 20 reps
    135 lb x 10 reps
    225 lb x 10 reps
    225 lb x 10 reps

Cycling (stationary):
    1:00:00 || 11.6 mi

Notes:
    *PR's are in italics... It's really nice to be feeling good again.
    **Lots of energy and focus.
    ***Joints still creaky but manageable.
    ****Appetite is still shot. Tried to eat a large lunch and actually got sick. No afternoon snack and ate only about 1/2 my dinner.

24. Jealous of the sleep. I have been having a rough time with it lately, and I have a cycle coming up with trenavar
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy

25. Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    Jealous of the sleep. I have been having a rough time with it lately, and I have a cycle coming up with trenavar
    Good luck HTS. Not being able to get a good nights sleep or a good nap has got to be one of the worst things. But 3 weeks in and things are starting to settle down, I'm getting into a grove, and the Drive and I are starting to see eye to eye. Hopefully you'll be able to adjust faster than I with you trenavar cycle. I'm hoping that the additional good sleep will prove to be extra beneficial the next 4 weeks and provide some additional gains.

26. Day 26: Quads/Hams/Calves

Leg Press:
    200 lb x 10 reps
    200 lb x 10 reps
    400 lb x 10 reps
    400 lb x 10 reps
    600 lb x 10 reps
    600 lb x 10 reps
    800 lb x 3 reps

600 lb x 10 reps
    600 lb x 10 reps
    600 lb x 20 reps
    600 lb x 10 reps
    600 lb x 10 reps

Rocking Standing Calf Raise:
    240 lb x 20 reps
    Nice, slow, and full stretch.

Seated Leg Curl:
    40 lb x 20 reps
    60 lb x 10 reps
    60 lb x 10 reps
    80 lb x 10 reps

Leg Extensions:
    70 lb x 10 reps
    100 lb x 10 reps
    120 lb x 10 reps
    160 lb x 10 reps

Cycling (stationary):
    1:00:00 || 12 mi

Notes:
    *No more fish for pre W.O. meal Nearly hurled my guts on leg presses.
    **Knees still give me fits. Will substitute squats with more sets of leg presses and higher weight for leg extensions.
    ***Appetite is still missing.

27. Quote Originally Posted by Colbicide View Post
    *No more fish for pre W.O. meal Nearly hurled my guts on leg presses..
    Scary thought .... comical, but scary.

Numbers back up I see! Nice job Colbi!

I know you ordered some joint support, have you tried SuperCissus? I got some bulk from the planet - it is helping my knees/elbow.
    FINAFLEX REP

28. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    Scary thought .... comical, but scary.

Numbers back up I see! Nice job Colbi!

I know you ordered some joint support, have you tried SuperCissus? I got some bulk from the planet - it is helping my knees/elbow.
    Thanks! I'll keep that in mind.

29. Day 27: Off.

Happy 4th! Now go have a beer and blow something up so your kids will love you even more!

30. Quote Originally Posted by Colbicide View Post
    Day 26: Quads/Hams/Calves

Leg Press:
    200 lb x 10 reps
    200 lb x 10 reps
    400 lb x 10 reps
    400 lb x 10 reps
    600 lb x 10 reps
    600 lb x 10 reps
    800 lb x 3 reps

600 lb x 10 reps
    600 lb x 10 reps
    600 lb x 20 reps
    600 lb x 10 reps
    600 lb x 10 reps

Rocking Standing Calf Raise:
    240 lb x 20 reps
    Nice, slow, and full stretch.

Seated Leg Curl:
    40 lb x 20 reps
    60 lb x 10 reps
    60 lb x 10 reps
    80 lb x 10 reps

Leg Extensions:
    70 lb x 10 reps
    100 lb x 10 reps
    120 lb x 10 reps
    160 lb x 10 reps

Cycling (stationary):
    1:00:00 || 12 mi

Notes:
    *No more fish for pre W.O. meal Nearly hurled my guts on leg presses.
    **Knees still give me fits. Will substitute squats with more sets of leg presses and higher weight for leg extensions.
    ***Appetite is still missing.
    Drive can destroy appetite

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Primordial Performance 72hr Summer Sale! --- Save up to 33% ---
    By Eric Potratz in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 132
    Last Post: 08-04-2011, 01:19 AM
  2. Primordial's Super Summer Sale 2010!
    By Trauma1 in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-30-2010, 01:35 PM