Purus Labs: the entire line (sponsored)

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Before I get started I want to send a big thanks to Aaron and the rest of the Purus Labs team for giving me the amazing opportunity to log their entire line of products. I've been meaning to, but haven’t tried anything from Purus at this point, so I’m very interested in seeing what kind of results I can get out of this.

The Products
MUSCLE MARINADE
D-POL
RECYCLE
SLINSHOT
FAT SMACK XR
ORGAN SHIELD

purus2.jpg

Dosing (subject to change)

D-Pol: 1 serving (3 tablets) with breakfast and multivitamin about 60 minutes prior to workout. Will dose at the same time on off days as well.

Recycle: 1 serving (4 caps) with breakfast

Slinshot: 1 serving (2 caps) 20 minutes before a high carb breakfast and 1 serving before my second highest carb meal (usually post workout shake). Off days I will take 1 serving with my highest carb meal of the day.

Fat Smack XR: .5-1 serving (1-2 caps) in the morning depending on tolerance combined with Muscle Marinade about 1.5 hours later. 0-.5 serving in the afternoon depending on what the morning dose ends up being on training days.

Organ Shield: 1 serving (2 caps) in the morning.

Muscle Marinade: 1 serving (scoop) about 30 minutes prior to workout.

Other Supplements
multivitamin
fish oil
probiotics
digestive enzymes
protein
BCAA

Goals
Add some lean mass/strength and possibly drop a little fat. Due to health complications I lost about 40lbs total (majority was muscle) a little over a year ago and I’ve been working extremely hard to gain it back.

Diet
I’ll start by eating about 300-500 calories over maintenance and may adjust based on results. The majority of my food will be clean and the carb intake will be high.

Training

Mon- chest/tris
Tues- back/bis
Wed- shoulders
Thu- off
Fri- arms
Sat- legs
Sun- off

I haven’t followed a specific training program since college. After a warm up set or two, the majority of my lifts will be between 4-8 reps for 3-5 sets depending on what type of exercise. For a few assistance/isolation exercises I will go as high as 10 reps on some sets. It will be highly based on how I’m feeling and the progress I’m seeing. My goal will be to increase either weight or reps each session. I’ve gained a decent amount of size and strength back with this approach, so I’m going to stick with it for now. I haven’t done cardio in months, but I’m probably going to be playing hockey a couple nights a week about halfway through the log. I might start some light cardio in the next week or so to help avoid collapsing on the ice. Ab work will usually be done twice a week whenever I decide to fit it in.

Stats
Height: 5’11”
Weight: 199lbs (this morning)
Body Fat %: unknown

may purus pic.jpg

(taken tonight after 2 cookouts worth of food)

I'm fired up and ready to start supplementing tomorrow morning before heading to the gym!

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
Subbed bro!!!! Kill it!!!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Get it pimp!!! I know u can log!

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
BF% Epic! , You are gonna get jacked on this bro!! Subbed , kill it!

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm in.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 1

I woke up this morning eager to get things going. I had 2 caps Fat Smack XR with a big glass of water and 2 caps of Slinshot about 10 minutes later. I started to feel a slight warming sensation in my stomach about 15 minutes after taking the Fat Smack. The stomach warming turned into what felt like a small knot along with an increase in energy. The feeling wasn't bad at all and it went away shortly after I started eating (30 mins after taking Slinshot). I took both Recycle and Organ Shield with the start of my breakfast and had D-Pol with a multivitamin just as I was finishing up my food. I noticed what I though was an increase in muscle fullness about 20 minutes after I finished eating. This could probably be the work of Slinshot, but I’m going to wait for a few reoccurrences before making that judgment. Once about 50 minutes had past since finishing breakfast, I mixed up a scoop of Muscle Marinade in 16oz of water, drank it, and headed to the gym. By the time I started working out I was feeling great, full of energy, and wasn’t over-stimmed at all. It looks like I’ll have no problem with 2 caps of Fat Smack XR and a scoop of Muscle Marinade within about 1.5 hours of each other.

I worked chest and tris today and strength was up on everything similar to how it's been the last couple weeks. I'll hold off on commenting about any specific strength increases and use this week's workouts as a baseline for the stack. Being the first day of supplementation, I can’t really give much credit to the stack for my performance besides the added energy from Fat Smack XR and Muscle Marinade. I did seem to get more of a pump though, which is usually minimal at best due to how I train most of the time. I’m thinking that D-Pol and MM help with that.

BB Flat Bench
245x8
265x4
265x4
255x4
250x5

BB Incline Bench
205x7
215x5
220x4
215x5
210x6

DB Incline Fly
55x12
60x8
60x8

Cable Fly (low pull)
20x11
25x9
30x7
27.5x8

Pec Deck
160x12
175x10
190x7

Supersets
V-Bar Pulldowns (this pulley system makes lbs “feel” much heavier than any other I’ve used)
115x7
120x5
120x4
105x7
Rope Pulldowns
70x9
75x7
75x5
65x5
Standing 2 arm DB Kickbacks
20x20
25x18
30x15
20x18

Dips (wide grip)
BW+50x7
BW+50x7
BWx17
BWx14

I popped 2 more caps of Slinshot before my final 2 sets of dips. This was about 20 minutes before drinking my shake on the ride home.

Although it’s only the first day of the stack there are a few things worth noting:

Fat Smack XR
It caused a minimal amount of stomach discomfort which food took care of immediately. It gave a decent boost of energy that seemed to last for hours. I actually took another ½ serving (1 cap) around 3pm shortly after a meal and had no reaction besides a little added energy. I didn’t notice too much of an increase in sweat during my workout, but I did work up a decent one by the end. I plan on keeping the dosing this way to get 30 days out of the bottle.

Slinshot
After my first dose I seemed to experience some muscle fullness as previously stated. I’m not sure about the same feeling the second time around because I was already pumped up from my workout. I didn’t experience any bloat from all the carbs I ate which can happen occasionally. I should probably up the servings considering both times I used it was with about 100g of carbs. I need to figure out when and what dose I should use each day. I consume 500g+ of carbs daily, so I could burn through a bottle in a short amount of time taking 1.5-2 servings twice a day.

Muscle Marinade
I though the “Fresh Fruit” flavor was delicious and thoroughly enjoyed drinking it. It provided a good amount of energy that wasn’t jittery or overbearing even with Fat Smack taken earlier. I liked that 1 scoop was enough to get me going since I always need multiple scoops with the majority of pre workouts. There was no crash hours later either.

D-Pol
I obviously didn’t feel any signs of increased test at this point, but it seemed to help with getting a pump combined with MM.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Nice.

Yeah I would recommend Fat Smack with a small snack.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice.

Yeah I would recommend Fat Smack with a small snack.
I didn't mind the feeling anyways. If I eat a big meal 30 minutes before or after will that lower the effectiveness?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I didn't mind the feeling anyways. If I eat a big meal 30 minutes before or after will that lower the effectiveness?
I would the FS then eat 30 minutes after.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would the FS then eat 30 minutes after.
Cool. That's what I did this morning. I took another cap 30 minutes after a meal, but I'll probably wait longer tomorrow.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Are you noticing lack of appetite?

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Are you noticing lack of appetite?
Not really a lack of one. However, I did just go longer without eating (almost 5 hours) than I have in about a year and I wasn't as hungry as I thought I'd be. The "desire" to eat seems about the same at this point.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
That's just 1 cap @ a time as well correct?

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's just 1 cap @ a time as well correct?
I took 2 this morning and 1 this afternoon. I think I'll stick with that approach and get 30 days out of the bottle.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 2

I took all my supps again this morning. I had the same slight stomach issue with Fat Smack that I did yesterday. It went away after eating, but I think I'll have it with some milk or a little yogurt tomorrow. I tried 3 caps of Slinshot 30 minutes before my breakfast consisting of 110g of carbs. I'm not sure if I was imagining things yesterday, but I didn't really notice any increase in muscle fullness after eating. It did however take care of any bloat that I sometimes experience with such a meal. Everything else was taken the with the same timing used previously before I went to the gym. Once I have all supplement dosage/timing locked in I'll update the dosing in my initial post and only note if anything is taken differently.

Right as I arrived at the gym, I found out that I needed to get to work early for a meeting. I planned on working back and biceps, but I stuck with bi's and abs to avoid being rushed.

Standing Cable Curls (straight bar)
95x7
100x5
97.5x5
95x5
90x7

Chin ups
BWx12
BW+20x8
BW+25x6
BWx9

Standing DB alt. Curl
45x11
50x8
55x5
55x5
50x7

Preacher Curl (machine)
185x6
190x5
190x5
175x6

21's (BB)
60x7x7x7
60x7x7x7
60x7x7x7

Hanging Leg Raise
BWx25
BWx17
BWx13

Machine Crunch (seated)
205x28
205x25

I didn't take any Slinshot before my post workout shake today. I plan on having some ice cream tonight, so I'm going to give it a try with some high GI carbs. I took another 1/2 serving (1 cap) of Fat Smack XR this afternoon, but waited about 2 hours after I ate this time. There weren't any stomach issues and I got a nice boost of energy to get me through the rest of the day. It looks like I only have a small problem taking it after waking up with a completely empty stomach.

My weight today was 201.6lbs (+1.6lbs). I was suprised to see it shoot up that much. I normally hold a little extra weight on Monday, after a day off, and it drops back down on Tuesday. The only thing I could think of was that maybe the 6g of creatine in MM has me holding some water. I normally get around 3g daily. Either way, I was happy to finally hit the 200lb mark again. That leaves me with about 15lbs and a ton of strength to get back to where I was at my best. My size has been coming back much faster than my strength. I was actually stronger overall and 10lbs lighter by the time I was heading to college.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dayuum dude..Kill this. You have a SOLID foundation.
Thanks man. I've spent the last year working my ass off to rebuild my foundation and I'll be doing the same trying to get the most out of this.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 3

I had my morning dose of Fat Smack XR with 8oz of milk and didn't feel any stomach warming or discomfort at all. I hope it doesn't lose any effectiveness this way because I'd go back to a glass of water if that's the case. I used 2 caps of Slinshot before breakfast and plan on sticking with 2 caps twice daily as long as my meals stay consistent.

I had a solid shoulder workout with a decent amount of progress. I'm not sure why, but they're lagging behind the majority of my muscles when it comes to restoring strength.

BB Military Press (seated)
160x8
170x6
175x5
175x5

Behind Neck Press
130x9
150x5
150x5
150x5

Shrug (smith)
250x30
300x20
340x12
340x9

DB Press (seated)
70x9
70x8
70x8

Upright Row
110x12
130x7
130x7
130x7

Face Pulls
70x15
80x12
85x10
85x10

Supersets
DB Lateral Raise
30x10
30x8
25x10
25x10
DB Lateral Raise (seated bent over)
30x10
30x8
25x10
25x10
DB Front Raise
25x10
20x10
20x10
17.5x10

I took 2 caps of Slinshot towards the end of my workout, about 20 minutes before I had a shake. This will be when I have my second dose most of the time.

My muscles have maintained a fullness throughout the majority of the day. I think Slinshot is most likely responsible for this. Hopefully this trend continues with the use of the stack. I took another cap of Fat Smack XR this afternoon without any issues and this will be my routine going forward. At this point I don't think I'm noticing much from D-Pol (besides a better pump during workouts) or Recycle. I'm excited to see how they treat me over the next few weeks though. I normally take tomorrow off, but I'm gonna work my back since I had to skip it yesterday.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
If you have no problems taking FS with water then by all means skip the milk.

How many grams of carbs are in your post shake?

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you have no problems taking FS with water then by all means skip the milk.

How many grams of carbs are in your post shake?
I'll give the water another shot tomorrow and decide what to stick with. My shake always has around 100g (mostly oats). I can't decide if I'd be better off taking one serving with two 100g meals or taking 3-4 caps once a day. I just don't want to run out quicker than I already am.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Only down side to SLINshot, you run out using more than 2 caps a day.
I always have 2 bottles. :)

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Only down side to SLINshot, you run out using more than 2 caps a day.
I always have 2 bottles. :)
Yeah, maybe I'll grab another bottle before this one runs out. I'm starting to like it already and it would be nice to try 3 caps twice a day.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If the weight on those shoulder work outs is lagging then I'm a pansy! Nice job bro.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If the weight on those shoulder work outs is lagging then I'm a pansy! Nice job bro.
Thanks bro...I used to DB press with 90lbs for sets of 10 no problem. I might try them earlier in my workout to get a better idea of where I'm at.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 4

I tried Fat Smack XR with a glass of water again this morning. After about 15 minutes I started feeling the stomach warming, but nothing uncomfortable. With a small sip of almond milk I was able to stop any further warming and it went away shortly after. I think I'll take it with a glass of water followed by a sip of almond milk from now on.

Muscle Marinade came up big for me today because I didn't get much sleep last night and woke up exhausted. By the time I got to the gym it had fully kicked in and I was ready to lift. I ended up doing more back work than usual since I didn't have biceps in the mix and got to the gym early.

Pull ups
BWx12
BW+20x8
BW+25x6
BW+25x5
BWx8

Deadlift
225x15
275x10
365x6
375x4
375x4

BB Row
135x15
185x9
205x6
215x5
215x5

Lat Pulldown (wide grip)
140x10
160x7
165x6
165x6

Seated Cable Row
185x10
200x7
205x7
220x5

V-Bar Lat Pulldown
140x12
160x7
165x6
165x6

Supersets
Machine Row (underhand grip)
175x11
175x10
DB Row
70x15
70x15

Back Extensions
BWx25
BW+25x15
BW+25x13

My muscles were looking pretty full today, but maybe a little less than yesterday. I took 2 caps of Slinshot before breakfast and I'm gonna try another 2 before dinner. I'm thinking about dosing 3 caps with only one high carb meal tomorrow. If I like that approach I'll stick with it and get a few more days out of the bottle.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Nice numbers for weight and volume in those workouts bud! Keep it up!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Day 4

I tried Fat Smack XR with a glass of water again this morning. After about 15 minutes I started feeling the stomach warming, but nothing uncomfortable. With a small sip of almond milk I was able to stop any further warming and it went away shortly after. I think I'll take it with a glass of water followed by a sip of almond milk from now on.

Muscle Marinade came up big for me today because I didn't get much sleep last night and woke up exhausted. By the time I got to the gym it had fully kicked in and I was ready to lift. I ended up doing more back work than usual since I didn't have biceps in the mix and got to the gym early.

Pull ups
BWx12
BW+20x8
BW+25x6
BW+25x5
BWx8

Deadlift
225x15
275x10
365x6
375x4
375x4

BB Row
135x15
185x9
205x6
215x5
215x5

Lat Pulldown (wide grip)
140x10
160x7
165x6
165x6

Seated Cable Row
185x10
200x7
205x7
220x5

V-Bar Lat Pulldown
140x12
160x7
165x6
165x6

Supersets
Machine Row (underhand grip)
175x11
175x10
DB Row
70x15
70x15

Back Extensions
BWx25
BW+25x15
BW+25x13

My muscles were looking pretty full today, but maybe a little less than yesterday. I took 2 caps of Slinshot before breakfast and I'm gonna try another 2 before dinner. I'm thinking about dosing 3 caps with only one high carb meal tomorrow. If I like that approach I'll stick with it and get a few more days out of the bottle.
3 caps a day will get you 30 days worth. :D

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice numbers for weight and volume in those workouts bud! Keep it up!
Thanks brother! They should only get better...at least that's the plan.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 4 workout note:

I forgot to mention that I was sweating my ass off by the 2nd set of deads. I usually don't sweat a lot without cardio, but I was covered by the time I left.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 5

I weighed 200.2lbs this morning. That's down a little from a few days ago, but still +1lb overall. I think I was holding extra water before, and my weight gain is back in line with what I expected. A sip of almond milk didn't do the trick with my morning dose of Fat Smack like it did yesterday. I needed some additional "cow" milk to put out the fire. I'm gonna try a spoonful of Greek yogurt tomorrow, and if that doesn't work I'll keep using regular milk. I omitted Slinshot from my morning supplements, but took everything else before heading to the gym.

I had an arm focused workout this morning. With the D-pol/MM combo I had a decent pump going by the half way point of my routine.

Close Grip Bench
200x9
225x5
225x5
225x5

Reverse Grip Bench
160x12
180x9
200x5
190x6

Standing Cable Curl (single arm)
42.5x12
50x7
52.5x4
45x8

DB Incline Overhead Ext. (20-30 sec rest intervals)
70x20
70x15
70x12

Hammer Curl
50x11
55x9
60x6

Tri Pushdown (machine)
285x9
285x8
285x7

Preacher Curl (machine)
175x8
185x6
170x8

Overhead Cable Curl
25x15
30x11
35x7

Dips
BW+60x11
BW+70x8
BW+70x7
(20 sec rest)
BWx13

I'm holding off on my Slinshot dosing until tonight. I'll be taking 2-3 caps depending on the final carb total of my dinner. For the rest of the bottle I'm going to try once daily use. I eat so many carbs that its tough to pick when I should use it.

I don't know if it has anything to do with the supplements, but I've been in a great mood today. I'm usually in a decent mood anyways, but I'm feeling particularly great. I seem to have a little extra energy that hasn't been there. If the stack turns out to have any small part in how I'm feeling the next few weeks should be fun.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Maybe it's FS XR. :)

:dunno:

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Maybe it's FS XR. :)

:dunno:
That just reminded me to take my afternoon cap...thanks.

Yeah I don't know what it is about today. It'd be great if it continues though.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 6

When I got up this morning I took 2 caps of Fat Smack XR with water and a tablespoon of Greek yogurt about 5 mins later. There was no stomach warming or discomfort whatsoever, so this will be my new routine.

Today's workout was legs. Strength gains were consistent with how they've been the last few weeks.

Back Squat (parallel)
225x15
315x12
390x6
400x4
400x3

Standing Calf Raise
3 sets
180xfailure (didn't count)

DB Lunge
55x10
60x8
65x7

Calf Extension (machine)
130x20
150x20
180x13
180x13

Seated Leg Curl
145x15
160x9
160x8

Leg Extension
190x15
220x8
220x8

Cable Crunch
115x12
115x11

Hanging Leg Raise
BWx13
BWx11
BWx10

I'm still feeling pretty good, but my mood isn't elevated like it was yesterday. I haven't dosed Slinshot yet and I plan on taking 3 caps before dinner. I'll be using 2-3 caps a day going forward.

Tomorrow will be a day off from the gym. I might do a little cardio in the morning depending on how my legs feel. Based on their current condition its not looking too good.

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Killer leg workout, and yeah try the slinshot. I only used 2 caps as suggested , but Im thinking the next time I use it playing with the dosing

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Killer leg workout, and yeah try the slinshot. I only used 2 caps as suggested , but Im thinking the next time I use it playing with the dosing
Thanks man, my legs are pretty beat. I've actually been using and liking Slinshot all along. I just meant that I didn't take it yet today...probably should've worded that better.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
In my friend

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Welcome Purus brother. You starting up soon?
Today when I wake up. I just got off work so nap till 6 and BAM!!! kill it bro. Epic log already

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today when I wake up. I just got off work so nap till 6 and BAM!!! kill it bro. Epic log already
I think you'll enjoy it...I already am. Going to check out you're log now.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
So instead or Recover Bro... Should I start the Purus Brothers?

:thumbsup:

:D

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards