Purus Labs SLINshot and Recycle....biatch! (w/ pics/daily articles)

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by TheHardOne

You were not kidding man, SLINshot is the real deal! Man, today's workout made me excited, gaining this fast....and im noticing im already leaning down aswell...expect 360+ on the bench at 7 percent bodyfat within 7 weeks!! haha
    Kill it. & yeah when it comes to Purus, I don't bullshyt.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

2. 6/2/12 PM workout

-30-40 mins of cardio (basketball, so a mixture of various intensity)
    -1 Fat Free cap before cardio session, man...I thought I was going to be super out of shape, I actually did pretty good!
    -Horrible digestion day....gonna put down 1-2 cups of Green Tea so I can shyt my brains out lol.
    -Cheat Meal later tonight, gonna take like 4 SLINshot caps for this one!
    -Ughh that "flat" appearance from doing cardio gets in my head too much, I need to man the F up and stop whinning! Im only a week into it, Grow time!
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
    Changing Lives is what I crave.
    •   

3. Took 4 SLINshot caps 30 mins before my cheat meal.....my chest / arms are blowing up, this feeling is awesome!
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*

4. Looking for remedies to help your sleep quality? Article of the day! (a little passage from invigorate360's website)

7 Proven Natural Solutions for Better Sleep

Insomnia Solutions

Insomnia solutions can be crucial if you suffer from this condition
    Many different herbs can be useful for improving sleep
    Using a natural sleep aid can prevent harmful side effects that drugs can have

Chamomile Herb

1. Chamomile Herb

Chamomile has been used for centuries for improving sleep, as well as many other conditions. This tea helps to relax you and relieve both stress and muscle tenseness. The chamomile plant has flowers, and the entire plant including the flowers can be used. This herbal remedy does not have to be used regularly, like St. John’s Wort, to work. As soon as you start to suffer from insomnia, drink a hot cup of chamomile tea, and see what a difference it makes. You can also have a cup around thirty minutes before bedtime to prevent insomnia altogether and go to sleep right away.
    Peppermint Tea

2. Peppermint Tea

Peppermint tea is one of the best insomnia solutions you can find. This tea will work on insomnia caused by just about anything, from stress to a cold and anything in between. Peppermint is very relaxing and calming, and helps to soothe your mind and body both. This remedy can eliminate not only sleeplessness but also any physical aches and pains you may have, such as cramping, an upset stomach, or a headache. After drinking this tea, you will be calm and relaxed, and ready for sleep.
    St. John's Wort Herb

3. St. John’s Wort Herb

St. John’s Wort is an herb known for improving sleep and eliminating any insomnia you may have. This herbal remedy also works for depression, and this condition can also cause insomnia and sleep disturbances. The herb can help improve your sleep patterns and inhibits the reuptake of serotonin in your brain. For the best results, this herb should be taken regularly, because it may take a few weeks for the maximum benefits and effectiveness. Because of the sedative effect this herb can have, use caution until you know how it will affect you.
    5HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophan Amino Acid)

4. 5HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophan Amino Acid)

5HTP is an amino acid that your body produces, and it is a building block for serotonin in your brain. Without an adequate amount of serotonin, insomnia can occur because your body does not receive the signals needed to shut down into sleep mode. Taking this supplement will ensure that you have enough of the needed neurotransmitters in your brain so that improving sleep becomes a reality. This is one of the most natural insomnia solutions available, and can be very helpful in treating insomnia for many people.
    Calcium, Magnesium and Zinc

5. Calcium, Magnesium and Zinc (CMZ)

CMZ is a natural sleep aid that allows you to get into a deeper REM sleep, and stay there longer. All three of these essential nutrients are needed by your body for good sleep and tissue repair. Taking a calcium, magnesium, and zinc supplement each day can help you get to sleep and stay that way. These nutrients are also needed for muscle relaxation, which is also critical for a good night’s rest. Taking these supplements can help you stop insomnia naturally without any drugs or other substances which can have harmful side effects.
    Gaba

6. Gaba (Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid)

Gaba, also known as gamma-aminobutyric acid, is a natural sleep aid that can help as one of the insomnia solutions available if you have trouble getting to sleep. This substance is a neurotransmitter in your brain that is responsible for balancing your inhibitions and excitement. When this neurotransmitter is activated it naturally makes you want to go to sleep. Taking a Gaba supplement will help you resolve any insomnia you may be experiencing. With this remedy, you are taking a supplement which is also made naturally by your body.
    Melatonin

7. Melatonin

Melatonin is another natural sleep aid, one that is also produced in your body by your pineal gland. This hormone helps your body control your sleep cycles, and it peaks at night and subsides in the early morning. Since it starts the sleep cycle for your body, taking a supplement about a half an hour before bed can help you get to sleep faster and stay that way longer through the night. Many doctors will advise this remedy first, before trying stronger methods, to cue your body at night that it is time to go to sleep.http://www.invigorate360.com/reviews...s-should-know/

"TheHardOne's" take on this

-If you do have insomnia, find the problem that is causing insomnia first!

-Could be stress, stimulants, or too much bright lights before bed that can be hindering your sleep.

-Go to a Doctor? Remember, Doctors will prescribe you with a drug and "hope for the best". Research, trial and error will be your best bet.

^^^Little harsh on Doc's are ya HardOne? Not at all! My T levels are starting to go through the roof, ill try to control the harsh statements lol.
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*

5. Quote Originally Posted by TheHardOne View Post
    6/2/12 Chest

-Neural Charge Complex (jump deadlifts, military presses, clean and press complex)

-High Threshold Work 3021 tempo
    Flat Bench Press
    135x15
    185x3
    235x3 (oh thank god, last week only could do 225 for 1 rep)
    255x2
    275x1
    295x1
    305x1 (I know im trying to to regain my muscle/strength, but this is a incredible jump in strength in a week.... )

-Maximum Pump Work (8-12 reps per exercise)
    Pec Deck, rest 10-20 seconds, Wide Grip Pushups(5 reps in stretch position, then 5 full reps) (repeated this sequence 4 times)
    Incline Wide Grip Barbell Press 5 reps in the stretch position, proceeded with 5 full reps, rest 30 seconds, repeat 2 more times
    Flat Dumbbell Press 1 drop set

-Stretch Fascia
    DB Fly stretch 2x30 seconds

**Notes**
    -This workout kicked my ass
    -GREAT improvements in only 1 week!
    -Pumps much better than last week!
    -2 scoops ASGT pre
    -Trained after 1 meal (3 drive caps with that meal)
    -2 SLINshot caps 15 mins before 1st meal
    -Alpha mentality is here. Heck yes. PLACEBO!!! YOUR 19 ITS A PLACEBO!!!!........haha! Beast mode pimp.
    I am on high threshold workouts for 4 days now, started on wednesday, and I can tell you that now my body is sayin **** U MAN! All banged up. Today is sunday and a well deserved rest day. I had to had 2 dirty meals yesterday late night and one today in the morning.... Working like this could be awesome if one has all the nutrition his body needs... Great going man, keep it up
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by zubda345 View Post
    I am on high threshold workouts for 4 days now, started on wednesday, and I can tell you that now my body is sayin **** U MAN! All banged up. Today is sunday and a well deserved rest day. I had to had 2 dirty meals yesterday late night and one today in the morning.... Working like this could be awesome if one has all the nutrition his body needs... Great going man, keep it up
    Motha ******! Why you write in pink. Pink is pimp, honestly....can I type in pink, and you type in a different color? lol Lets trade text color's yeah? I never thought writing in pink looked so awesome.

And those calories in!
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*

7. 6/3/12 Post Chain

-High Threshold Work (deadlifts from the knees)
    135x5
    225x3
    315x3
    405x2
    500x1
    550x1 (straps can barely hold this)

-Maximum Pump Work
    Glute Ham Raises 4x8-12 (30 sec rest periods)

**Notes**
    -Looks like im going to stop the lower rep high threshold work, I was thinking ahead of time, im going to be using some heavy ass weights in the near future, honestly this kind of training just isn't my taste. The mindset you have to have once you get to pressing 350-400+, deadlifting and squatting 500-600+ is completely different than using a weight that is 200-300 pounds lighter, and most days, I just don't have that mindset. Plus I never have a trusty spotter, my straps can barely hold 500 pounds, and I love squats, but with higher reps, Low Intensity, Heavy weights just isn't for me. This will be a good decision long term aswell for spinal health. I can still overload my muscles with higher reps, using alot of intensity techniques such as rest pausing, drop sets, forced negatives, which is the style I love training! Fill the muscle up with as much blood, stimulate various growth factors. I mean using heavy weight low reps, is technically the most "optimal" way for myofibrillar hypertrophy, but if using more of a sarcoplasmic hypertrophy wasn't the way to go, then all your bodybuilders would be tiny / not impressive, the guys who use more of a myo hypertrophy protocol don't have that "wow" factor. (yes I know drug use plays a huge role)
    -Im looking to not only get bigger, but also make sure every muscle is developed to its potential shape wise.
    -2 scoops asgt pre
    -3 drive caps pre
    -4 recycle caps pre
    -Everything staggered 15-20 mins apart for my pre workout protocol
    -Pump was not there, another downfall of training heavy / low reps, your training frequency has to be lowered to ensure your CNS stays fired up instead of burned out. When your CNS is starting to reach that fatigued state, overall performance will decrease, your pumps will suffer, your body will basically be in a more catabolic state.
    -I love intensity, im sorry but yes, Science rules, but alot of the things that "are not" suppose to work, end up working better than what is "scientifically" proven, experts hate to hear that, but belief / reality are strong weapons. I have honestly lacked "belief" ever since I started getting back in the gym, get ready folks, Super Growth Time!
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*

8. Turning 20 this week! Yikes!
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*

9. Looking good man, sweet article for sleep. Higher Threshhold workouts are a real mind F*Ck sometimes. You really have to be focused and not be distracted, but all in all solid numbers dude

RECOVERBRO

10. Quote Originally Posted by TheHardOne View Post
    Motha ******! Why you write in pink. Pink is pimp, honestly....can I type in pink, and you type in a different color? lol Lets trade text color's yeah? I never thought writing in pink looked so awesome.

And those calories in!
    LOL Yeah man, U got the pink... I got urz... Consider it your 20th birthday gift! lol

11. Quote Originally Posted by zubda345 View Post
    LOL Yeah man, U got the pink... I got urz... Consider it your 20th birthday gift! lol
    Pink is my mine. Thanks!
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*

12. Quote Originally Posted by JoHNnyNuTZ View Post
    Looking good man, sweet article for sleep. Higher Threshhold workouts are a real mind F*Ck sometimes. You really have to be focused and not be distracted, but all in all solid numbers dude
    Heck yes! My mind just cannot find that motivation for picking up anything 500-600+. Ill still train really heavy, just around that 10 range.
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*

13. this log gives me a "HardOne"
    Nutraceutical Innovations
    AMINDS15 - 15% code
    nutra-innovations.com

14. Quote Originally Posted by hvactech
    this log gives me a "HardOne"
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

15. Easy now fellas! lol

OKC in San Antonio tonight, who wins this series?

I say OKC, they are literally a "perfect" team.
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*

16. **Update** 6/4/12

-Turning 20 tomorrow
    -Fuark!!! Looking in the mirror today, I couldn't help it, I was looking so much bigger, wait until the start of week 3 when the gains sky rocket!
    -Cell Phone making my skin look very light which makes me look like crap lol-

-Quads Pic-

-People use to call me Quadzilla....not yet folks! Im getting there though!
    -A little over a week into it
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*

17. Happy b day.

18. Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    this log gives me a "HardOne"
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    LMAO! hahahaha lol

19. 6/5/12 Arms

-Pre Pump work without fatiguing

-High threshold Work + Intensity Techniques (4021 tempo)
    Closer Grip Elbows Flared Bench Press
    135x6
    185x5
    235x3
    255x2
    305x4 Rest for 15 seconds, 2 more reps+1 forced negative, Drop weight by 70 pounds, 3-4 reps+ 1-2 forced negatives

Wide Grip Ez-Bar Curls
    40x6
    50x6
    70x6
    80x7, Rest 15 seconds, 3 more reps, Drop weight 30 pounds, 3-5 more reps

-Maximum Pump Work
    Complex (40 second rest periods between supersets)
    A1. Hammer Curls
    A2. Overhead Ez-Bar Extensions
    Repeat 3 times, 8-12 reps each
    B1. Incline DB Curls
    B2. One Arm Db Extensions
    Repeat 2 times, 8-12 reps each

**Notes**
    -3 scoops of ASGT......oh my lol. A little too much for me.
    -Trained first thing in morning
    -Thanks to all who wishes me a Happy B Day! Im so thankful I still have my parents, a place to live, enough to eat, thats all that matters.
    -This is my style of training, I love the intensity, had a good pump going after my high threshold work, then started chatting with a friend for like 15 mins lol, so yeah the maximum pump work kinda backfired. Lesson learned.
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*

20. Quote Originally Posted by TheHardOne
    6/5/12 Arms

-Pre Pump work without fatiguing

-High threshold Work + Intensity Techniques (4021 tempo)
    Closer Grip Elbows Flared Bench Press
    135x6
    185x5
    235x3
    255x2
    305x4 Rest for 15 seconds, 2 more reps+1 forced negative, Drop weight by 70 pounds, 3-4 reps+ 1-2 forced negatives

Wide Grip Ez-Bar Curls
    40x6
    50x6
    70x6
    80x7, Rest 15 seconds, 3 more reps, Drop weight 30 pounds, 3-5 more reps

-Maximum Pump Work
    Complex (40 second rest periods between supersets)
    A1. Hammer Curls
    A2. Overhead Ez-Bar Extensions
    Repeat 3 times, 8-12 reps each
    B1. Incline DB Curls
    B2. One Arm Db Extensions
    Repeat 2 times, 8-12 reps each

**Notes**
    -3 scoops of ASGT......oh my lol. A little too much for me.
    -Trained first thing in morning
    -Thanks to all who wishes me a Happy B Day! Im so thankful I still have my parents, a place to live, enough to eat, thats all that matters.
    -This is my style of training, I love the intensity, had a good pump going after my high threshold work, then started chatting with a friend for like 15 mins lol, so yeah the maximum pump work kinda backfired. Lesson learned.
    Good job?
    No birthday break?

21. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Good job?
    No birthday break?
    No breaks around here my man.
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*

22. Quote Originally Posted by TheHardOne View Post
    No breaks around here my man.
    Hey man, Great going, Strength gains, I like that... Keep it up. U are a true monster. U like my new colour?? :P

23. Quote Originally Posted by zubda345

Hey man, Great going, Strength gains, I like that... Keep it up. U are a true monster. U like my new colour?? :P
    Money talking.

24. Quote Originally Posted by zubda345 View Post
    Kind of hard on the eyes! I think im going to stick with this dark red actually, fits who I am. Well sorta.

Thanks for the kind words! I am eating like im on a mission! The performance in the gym is starting to ramp up tremendously, its been awhile since I "craved" to go to the gym just to break a PR with my bench, squat, deadlift, overhead press. Im trying to make this fun again!

Stay tuned!
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*

25. **Mid 2 Week Update**

-Muscle fullness is incredible, been alternating with either 4 or 6 caps a day, most of the time its 6 caps especially on workout days, open up 1-2 caps(for faster utilization) 20 mins before my Pre-Workout Protocol (3 scoops ASGT / 500mg Agmatine) and my muscles get extremely full within mins, performance in the gym is incredible.
    -Fuark! Only a 5 days left of SLINshot and Recycle has 6 days left (ive tried various doses of Recycle, 4 to 8 caps, I feel 4 caps a day is enough, I did give 8 caps a try for a few days though, nothing drastically different)
    -Libido has been surprisingly good, I was sitting in the Sauna today and a Cougar came in and I got a "Hard One", luckily she left because she got too hot haha. Its gonna get hot when ever "TheHardOne" is around! Guran-damn-Tee that! LOL! Though I must note, the very first day of recycle I had incredible erection strength / more blood flow, ever since then it has been really good but wasn't as crazy as the first day, erection strength should be a "category" to be judged with any Testosterone booster in my opinion.
    -As you can see by my post, I am very happy right now, gotta give another big thanks to Aaron / Purus Labs for this opportunity!
    -Life is still a struggle, but with my mental toughness, intensity, blocking out all negativity/distractions I can still continue my bodybuilding.

Stay Strong, Think Positive, Don't over think things, NEVER give up, Block out negativity, Dream Big, and most of all...HAVE FUN in life!
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*

26. 6/7/12 Chest / Back - Adaptation Phase Completed -

-High Threshold Work (felt like I was dealing with some neural fatigue, performance wasn't the best, but thats what the Adaptation Phase is all about!)
    Flat Bench Press (wide grip)
    135x6
    185x5
    225x4
    275x8 (weak, I was expecting 365 for 8, oh well)
    Incline Bench Press
    135x10
    185x13
    Pec Deck Flys (not a high threshold movement)
    210x8
    Wide Grip Dips
    BW x 6-8

Seated Cable Close Grip Rows
    150x6
    200x6
    Narrow Chins
    BW x 6-8

**Notes**
    -Performance was horrible today, but that was expected.
    -Totally rushed into my high threshold work didn't take anytime to Warm up my CNS, LESSON LEARNED. Tricep tweaked a bit on my bench presses.
    -Muscles were incredibly full during my workout, fuller than usual, Adaptation Phase is completed, good to know the pumps/fullness is here! So when I add the extra volume / intensity, the pump will be unreal, my CNS will be able to handle the intensity.
    -3 scoops ASGT pre
    -3 drive caps pre
    -1 SLINshot cap pre (10 mins before pre workout nutrition)
    -So difficult for me to get fully hydrated in the morning, dealing with that bloating feeling is not a pretty feeling.
    -Oh and I rarely do cables / chins for my back workout, the nerual fatigue was so noticeable if I did any bent over movement I would of most likely passed out. (okay, not really lol, but performance would be very low)
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*

27. 6/8/12 Rest day! Adaptation Phase completed!

-Didn't eat much food for the first half of the day, just got in a good meal, took 4 SLINshot caps before that meal and I sit here now with my muscles feeling like they are going to pop! Superior muscle fullness.
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*

28. 6/8/12 Article of the day! (By Rick Gray, ASRESEARCH)

"What’s Your Excuse?

Here is something I genuinely believe to be true:

90%+ of my readers are roughly 8-12 weeks away from a drastically different, more desirable, and frankly, impressive physique.

Unfortunately, the vast majority have been roughly 8-12 weeks from a drastically different and better physique for months or years! To make it worse, many will continue to be roughly 8-12 weeks away for many more months and years to come. And this fact makes the majority of what I share with you pointless because it will never be used.

It used to really piss me off to hear people complain about their physique, but then never actually do anything about it. As I’ve gotten older and wiser I’ve realized that this is just the population of folks out there willing to vocally express the desires nearly all of us have. What they don’t usually represent are those who have the commitment to do something about attaining the thing they desire.

I’ve spent a decent amount of time pondering the differences between these two groups.

To fully explore that topic would be lengthy so let me hit a couple of highlights, and keep the focus from a bodybuilding perspective.

Those who remain in a constant state of being 8 weeks from any dramatic physique change have these things in common:

They get in a rut. Even regular gym-goers often find themselves doing the same thing week in and week out. This is a clue that you might be in a rut, but a better way to tell is simply answer the question “Am I following a training program that has an express purpose of obtaining a specific strength, physique or fitness goal?” If the answer is no, you’re likely not making progress, and don’t have a reasonable expectation of significant gains any time soon. This is a rut.
    They are too intimidated to put the required pieces together…even for a short period of time. To achieve nearly any meaningful strength and physique goal you need to combine three things: The right diet, training program, and supplements. The vast majority of people are willing to play with one or two of these, but rarely all three. Is it hard to do? Hard is relative. For most people it would only take some basic research and execution to get the piece of the puzzle they are currently missing. We do what we can for you here, but execution ALWAYS comes down to you.
    They make and accept excuses too easily. The fact of the matter is there are literally THOUSANDS of “good” reasons why you can’t do something, but the only people using them are the ones who aren’t getting it done. The other fact is that no matter how hard you have it, someone else has had it harder and still attained results.

Chances are if you are reading up to this point you are either nodding your head in agreement, or you’re feeling slapped around a little. Please understand that my intent isn’t to make you feel bad. I just hate to see people with knowledge, resources and potential fail to accomplish anything meaningful because they are stuck in a rut or never execute.

I’m not so naive as to think I can motivate anyone. That has to come from you. But I do know that when I asked you a couple months ago why you work out, you gave reasons filled emotion and deep meaning. Those can motivate, and there is never a better time than RIGHT NOW to get after it.

That’s my quick take on a couple of the differences between the “talkers” and the “doers”.

What do you think keeps people from taking meaningful action? What do you do to get your butt off the couch and making meaninful effort towards your strength and physique goals?

If you’ve got the time and inclination, leave your thoughts below.

Rick"
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*

29. Quote Originally Posted by TheHardOne
    6/8/12 Rest day! Adaptation Phase completed!

-Didn't eat much food for the first half of the day, just got in a good meal, took 4 SLINshot caps before that meal and I sit here now with my muscles feeling like they are going to pop! Superior muscle fullness.
    What did you eat exactly?

30. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    What did you eat exactly?
    Fish, white rice, green veggies
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Purus Labs SLINshot
    By AaronJP1 in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 04-20-2012, 08:28 PM
  2. Replies: 84