Purus Labs SLINshot and Recycle....biatch! (w/ pics/daily articles)

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
  1. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

SLINshot is good for 75g of carbs for 2 caps.

Break that down to 1 cap would cover 35-40g of carbs.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Training Update! 5/25/12

-Looks like im going to start training first thing in the morning again, only thing ill be taking pre will be my agmatine/drive/recycle/ASGT, if I feel energy/focus/intensity and progress slows down, that means im slacking it with the calories, ill just change back to eating a meal before a workout, ill post today's article specified on this subject.
    -Frequency in the gym will be monitored with how im recovering, sleep, muscle fullness, libido, obviously my first week back my recovery most likely won't be too great. Also I have to hold back with the failure techniques like rest pause, forced negatives...etc. Unless I want to train with a lower frequency ill add in the failure techniques.
    -Since I can't find a chain to add to my weight belt, I guess ill strap a dumbbell onto my waist with my belt....that's gonna be uncomfortable I know.
    -At the end of my high threshold work, my maximize pump work will be usually 2 movements supersetted with 30 second rest periods between sequences, one that offers a greater stretch and one that emphasizes more on a peak contraction, 8-12 reps for increased metabolic byproducts in muscles such as lactic acid which stimulates production of various growth factors to enhance hypertrophy. And of course my extreme stretch at the end of every workout!
    -When my recovery starts speeding up tremendously (most likely as early as week 2) ill start using a higher frequency. (hopefully my ego doesn't kick in and I go stupid crazy with my training like I have in the past with a bunch of drop sets, forced reps, rest pausing every workout lol.....ughh teenage intensity!)
    -Who thinks I can get up to 220-225 in Bodyweight within 4 weeks? lol
    -Training split is monitored, but it will look similar to this for the first 2 weeks or so (below)
    *Chest
    *Posterior Chain (lower back/erectors/traps/hamstrings/abs/glutes)
    *Lats/upperback and Arms
    *Either rest day or continue split....Quads/Calves
    *Shoulders
    *Remember everything will be monitored, once recovery starts speeding up, expect to see me train every bodypart 2 to 3 times a week, once progress starts to slow up, adding in rest pause(cluster)sets, forced negatives will be used.
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
    Changing Lives is what I crave.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

5/26/12 Article of the Day! (from Lean gains!)

Fasted Training For Superior Insulin Sensitivity And Nutrient Partitioning
    11:45 AM | Posted by Martin Berkhan

"I had intended to write about something different today, had it not been for this new and exciting study that came out a few days ago. The study, named "Training in the fasted state improves glucose tolerance during fat-rich diet", adds to the scientific evidence that shows that fasted training may have unique benefits* that are not obtained with fed state training.

* Previous studies had showed that fasted training improves endurance and increases muscle glycogen stores. There has also been work done that suggests an "anabolic rebound" effect from fasted weight training. Theoretically speaking, fasted training should also aid with "stubborn fat loss", such as lower abs in men and hips and thighs in women.

The new study

Let me briefly summarize the study methodology before I'll talk about the results, which are very interesting indeed.

The main objective here was to find out whether fasted training had the potential to induce superior and favorable adaptations to fat metabolism, glucose tolerance and insulin sensitivity when compared to fed-state training. The researchers thought this was a hypothesis worth exploring, based on previous studies that showed superior effects of fasted training on fat metabolism and metabolic gene expression. For example, De Bock, et al (2005) and Cluberton, et al (2005).

To test this, they recruited healthy, young males who were reasonably lean and active. The participants averaged 3.5 hours of "physical activity" per week, which I reckon is close to, or less, than what most of my readers engage in. I actually think this is a very strong point of the study. These were not obese couch-potatoes and the results obtained with these subjects should be very applicable to us.

Two weeks before the start of the study, various tests were perform to determine baseline body composition, fitness, diet and health marker values. Then they were randomized into three groups, two of which followed the same diet and training regimen. Only nutrient timing was different.

Training: Two 60-min and two 90-min supervised training sessions per week, always between 6:30 and 9:00 a.m. Training sessions consisted of a combination of cycling and running exercise. Intensity was adjusted to each individual and set to 70-75% VO2Max for cycling and 85% VO2Max for running.

The C-group: Fed training. C received a carbohydrate-rich breakfast (675 kcal, 70% carbohydrates, 15% fat, 15% protein) ~90 min before each training session. In addition to that, they drank a beverage containing 1g maltodextrin per kg body weight during exercise.

The F-group: Fasted training. F received the same "breakfast" as C, and the maltodextrin enriched beverage, but in the mid-afternoon.

The CON-group: Control group (no training but the same diet as F and CHO).

Diet: 50% fat, 40% carbs and 10% protein. In essence, a diet closely resembling the Standard American Diet (slightly higher fat intake in place of carbs). The diet was also hypercaloric, providing 30% more calories than the subjects required to remain weight stable (range: 3000-4500 kcal). Subjects received supervised lunches, whereas all other meals, snacks and drinks were provided by the investigators as individual take home food packages.

The duration of the study was six weeks. After the study, new tests were perform to study investigate changes in body composition, fitness, diet and health markers.

Studies show pictures of hot women increase the likelihood of reading blog posts by 1123%. Irrespective of the subject matter. So if you're all out of ideas for pictures, that's a pro tip. I mean it was either this or another lame picture of me running around in the mountains for some sports catalogue. Click the picture to see these women in all their splendor. Then I insist you read on as I report on the (highly interesting) results.

Results

To save some space here, I will not cover the results in the control group. Needless to say, sitting on your ass and overfeeding for six weeks will not result in any favorable changes to any of the parameters covered below (as confirmed by the study). I will only cover the results in the fed (C) and fasted (F) training group and how they compared against each other.

Glucose tolerance and insulin sensitivity: These are basically two sides of the same coin. Glucose tolerance is correlated with insulin sensitivity and vice versa. Both are important health markers when it comes to determining metabolic health and predisposition, or lack thereof, to metabolic syndrome. In summary, F clearly improved glucose tolerance and insulin sensitivity. C did too - but to a much lesser degree than F.

GLUT4: Glucose transporter type 4 is a protein responsible for insulin-regulated glucose transport into the muscle cell. It increased by a whopping 28% in F but only 2-3% in C (not mentioned in the paper but this is my estimate based on the graphs). This partly explains why F saw superior results in regards to glucose tolerance and insulin sensitivity.

Since GLUT4 is triggered by AMPK, which is increased when glucose availability is low, i.e. during fasted training, one would assume the GLUT4 increase could then be explained by an increase in AMPK. This was found to be true: AMPK increased by 25% in F, which correlated closely with the increase in GLUT4 content.

Muscle glycogen and intramuscular lipid stores (IMCL): Much like your muscle mass stores carbs as glycogen, it also acts as a reservoir for fatty acids. From memory, an average adult has approximately 1800 calories (reference forthcoming if I can find it) worth of fatty acids stored in muscle. In contrast to muscle glycogen, which is preferentially used during high intensity activities, IMCL is used during lower intensity activities.

Similar to the study I covered in this article, muscle glycogen stores increased more in F than in C. However, no significant difference was found in IMCL storage.

Metabolic enzymes: Very fittingly, the same group of enzymes that were investigated in the study I covered in "Fasted Training Boosts Endurance and Muscle Glycogen" were looked at here.

Interestingly, changes in citrate synthase and HAD, two markers for fuel-utilization efficiency, were not different between F and C. However, two other important markers for glucose and fat metabolism, FAT/CD36 and CPT1, were increased by ~30% in F. C saw no increase at all.

Body composition: Now this is very interesting. Despite overfeeding the subjects with 1000 calories or more, F only gained 0.7 kg. From a scientific standpoint, this is deemed insignificant. That is, the gain could likely be attributed to chance or, very likely, fluctuations in body weight due to increased muscle glycogen. This lack of weight gain in F could not be explained by the training regimen. They were still overfed by 15-20% when accounting for the extra activity. This left the subjects with a theoretical surplus of 650 calories per day, on average, which should have resulted in weight gain equivalent to ~3.5 kg after six weeks.

What about C? They gained 1.4 kg, twice as much as F, despite doing the same amount of exercise and consuming the same amount of calories and macronutrients.

Exercise capacity: Time to exhaustion increased to a similar magnitude in both groups (+15%). However, C saw a greater increase in VO2Max. On the other hand, "FATmax," maximal rate of fat oxidation, increased to a much greater degree in F, with no increase in C.

These results are most likely explained both explained by the absence of carbs pre-workout. The greater increase in VO2Max in C is very likely due to the ability to exercise at a greater relative intensity. Maintaining a high intensity is after all dependent on glucose availability, which was abundant in the breakfast-fed and maltodextrin-supplemented group C.

Recall that the fasted group increased VO2Max and peak power output more in the study I covered in "Fasted Training Boosts Endurance and Muscle Glycogen." What might be the reason for these contrasting results? In the older study, exercise intensity was lower, 65% of VO2Max, an intensity where fat oxidation is maximized. Here subjects were much less dependent on glucose availability to fuel the activity.

In this study, exercise was performed at 75-85% of VO2Max, which greatly increased glucose utilization. When exercising at higher intensities than 65% VO2Max, fat oxidation is progressively reduced and becomes almost non-existent at 82-87% VO2Max.

Simply put, C improved VO2Max more as they could train harder due to providing the proper substrates for fueling the activity. On the other hand, F became progressively more efficient at oxidizing fat at higher levels of intensity as evidenced by the increase in FATmax. This is, in turn, could be explained by the substantial increase in the fat burning enzymes FAT/CD36 and CPT1."
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  175 lbs.

Its a Huge log man! I am in!

"If u don't have something, and want it to be yours... ask for it, if u don't get it... demand for it... if u still don't get it... work for it... Still don't get it?? then U have the right to TAKE IT!!!"
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Post Chain 5/27/12

-Neural Charge Warm Up
    -Pre Pump work (light deadlifts)
    -High Threshold Work -Deadlifts from the knee- (deadstop everytime, no bouncing) 4021 tempo
    135x5
    225x3
    315x3
    405x2
    455x2
    505x3
    525x3 (ughhh this lightweight feels so heavy for me...expect to see 600-740+ pounds soon)

-Single leg Romanian Deadlift- 4021 tempo
    60x4
    75x4
    95x4

*Maximum Pump work*
    -Glute Ham Raises-
    BW 3 sets of 8-12 reps with 30-45 second rest periods

*Stretch Fascia*
    -Hamstring stretch 60 seconds

***Notes***
    -Took 1.5 scoops of asgt today....a little too much stimulants for me...will stick with 1 scoop
    -Still feeling like a loser...lol.....
    -Libido is surprisingly noticeably improved just from one day of Recycle!
    -Aggression and that "in the zone" feeling in the gym just isn't there yet....
    -Succesful workout though! I actually had the most intense hamstring pump ive ever witnessed in my life! Wow!
    -Just had a scoop of protein / carb powder for my first meal, woke up late, today is just one of those messed up days, ill still get in my macro's!
    -525 on my deadlifts from the knee(deadstop) was surprisingly very heavy for me....like I said....can't expect too much from the first week...
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

**Update 5/27/12**
    -Doing 6 caps today just to experiment for SLINshot
    -Most likely will be doing 4 caps a day
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Yay good news! I found a memory chip to put in my cell phone so I can load up cell phone pics to my computer! Still not the best quality, but alot better than my ghetto mp3 player!
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Article of the day! 5/27/12

This is a really awesome read if your on a budget! This is from Universal Nutrition's site!

"Bodybuilding is about the basics – basic compound movements done regularly and with effort. This idea applies to eating as well. Many newcomers make the mistake of overcomplicating things. They get caught up with the latest fad diets they read about in popular magazines. They spend more time reading and creating elaborate meal plans, instead of actually trying out tried and true ones. Once again, these wannabe bodybuilders fall victim to “listening” (or in this case, reading), without enough “doing”.

Thus, the typical training tenderfoot is restrained by his own limited desire, his curbed appetite for reaching his physique goals. Instead of just stepping up to the plate and eating more, he thinks too much – he relies on the advice of so-called gurus everywhere and tries on one fad diet after another like so many hats. So what’s the answer? Very simple – the answer consists of two words: Dedication and simplicity. Armed with motivation and desire, you can make your dreams come true. Equipped with a basic, easy to follow diet program, you’ll be quickly on your way.

Just how basic can an effective bulking diet be? How about three items? We will use three of the most common breakfast foods around. These foods are can be found on any farm and end up in kitchens all over the country: whole milk, farm fresh eggs, and a loaf of bread. These three inexpensive staples can fuel the young bodybuilder’s growth when used wisely throughout the day. At this point, you might be scratching your head, wondering if we’re crazy – just a loaf of bread, a gallon of milk, and a dozen eggs? Yes. We call it the Farmer’s Diet.

But before we check out each of these foods in more detail, a few caveats are in order. Though these foods can provide the foundation for a bulking diet, your daily intake of foods should not solely consist of bread, eggs and milk while on that diet. Variety is the spice of life and this is just as true in bodybuilding as with anything else. So eat your veggies, including sweet potatoes, along with brown rice, yams, pasta, poultry, beef, fish and pork.

Let’s start by looking in the cupboards for a simple loaf of bread. For $3.39, you can find a carbohydrate-rich source of food that won’t cost you a lot of dough. You’ll get a total of about 20 super-soft slices you can snack on throughout the day, and each slice will deliver about a gram of fat, approximately double that in protein, and roughly 12 grams of carbohydrates. Best of all, for even more calories, you can use spreads to your advantage. Peanut butter and jams are all great options.

Next, open the icebox and take out a gallon of ice-cold milk. You’ll need something to wash down that bread with. This item will check in at $3.89 a gallon. You get 128 ounces of a wholesome beverage that packs quite a caloric punch and is also chock full of vitamins and minerals. If you were to divide that up, you’d get 8 servings at 16 ounces, and costing around forty cents per serving. For a quarter, dime and a nickel, you get plenty of calories and a nice balance of protein, carbohydrates and fats. All three are important for the athlete looking to add size and weight.

Last but not least, the incredible edible egg. Some call the egg the bodybuilder’s perfect food. Each egg gives you 6g of protein, no carbohydrates and some good, unsaturated fats. Now some worry that eating too many eggs will lead to high cholesterol levels. It’s not dietary cholesterol you need to worry about. It’s saturated fat. And remember, testosterone is made from cholesterol! Some elite bodybuilders will eat half a dozen eggs at breakfast alone, so start cracking!

Taken together, the Farmer’s Diet consisting of a loaf of bread, a dozen eggs, and a gallon of milk will only cost you $9.97 per day. That’s a little over ten bucks a day for a solid bulking foundation! The Farmer’s Diet will add close to 4500 quality calories per day, more than enough for any serious athlete when taking his entire diet into account. Here’s the macronutrient breakdown:

• Milk (whole, gallon, $3.89): 2344 calories, 124g protein, 204g carbohydrates,128g fat

• Eggs (large, dozen, $2.69): 852 calories, 72g protein, 0g carbohydrates, 60g fat

• Bread (white, loaf, $3.39): 1300 calories, 40g protein, 230g carbohydrates, 25g fat

Daily Totals: $9.97, 4496 calories, 236g protein, 434g carbohydrates, 213g fat

Let’s break down the Farmer’s Diet into more detail. Assuming you eat six meals throughout the day. Each meal would then consist of the following:

• 21 oz. glass of milk

• 3 slices of bread

• 2 boiled eggs

That’s it. Could you really pack on weight just by eating this simple meal, six times a day? Absolutely. While the Farmer’s Diet is simple, it will work because it will provide plenty of calories to sustain growth. That’s the real key. What matters most are calories and which foods you choose to eat.

The Farmer’s Diet is illustrative; it provides an example. Your own diet doesn’t have to include milk, bread and eggs. You could replace these three with other staple foods like yams, potatoes, rice, veggies, poultry, fish, and beef. At the end of the day, you need to make sure you’ve eaten enough. Theories and fads may be food for thought, but all the fancy ideas in the world won’t pack on weight. For that, you have to eat real food – and eating is what separates men from the boys.

SHAKE THINGS UP

When you’re eating four, six or eight square meals, the day can get really long, fast. Foods rich in fiber and fats can sit in your gut for a long time and digest slowly. With all those meals, you might end up feeling full and sluggish and tired. So while the day starts strong, it might go out with a whimper. Here’s where a simple strategy can help, one that will help you add even more calories. When times get tough, shake things up!

A delicious and nutritious shake can help you quickly obtain calories. Why shakes? For starters, shakes are tasty and very convenient. All you need is a blender or a shaker cup and you’re good to go. As shakes are a liquid source of calories, they will be digested quickly and efficiently. In other words, a shake won’t sit in your stomach for hours. This is especially important when you are eating a whole food meal every few hours. Calories that don’t keep you feeling full are vital.

So should you stock up on shakes all day long? The answer is a resounding no! Shakes are not meant to replace whole foods. They aren’t miracle supplements that will magically help you gain weight in a shorter period of time. Good, quality weight gain takes time. You can, of course, replace a meal with a shake. You can add a shake between a meal or two. Finally, you can top off a whole food meal with some liquid calories. There are many strategic ways to use a shake effectively and efficiently. Remember, a shake should be used to supplement your weight gaining goals.

When using a shake, feel free to use your imagination and add ingredients to really powerize that drink. Here’s a quick recipe that’s sure to taste good and help you add weight. Start by using a quality high protein, low sugar weight gainer in a basic flavor like vanilla. For our recipe, we prefer Vanilla Ice Cream flavored Real Gains because it contains superior sources of protein, important fats and fiber. Some old time bodybuilders used to use heavy cream for their shakes, but for our recipe, we’ll stick to whole milk.

• 3.5 scoops of vanilla Real Gains (605 cal, 5g fat, 88g carbs, 52g protein)

• 10 oz whole milk, cold (170 cal, 10g fat, 10g carbs, 10g protein)

• 1 medium-sized banana (105 cal, 27g carbs, 1g protein)

• 2 tablespoons of peanut butter (188 cal, 16g fat, 6g carbs, 8g protein)

• Ice

Place all the ingredients in a blender and mix for 10-15 seconds. Pour the shake into a tall glass and you’re all set. With this delicious shake, you get a whopping 1068 calories from 71g of protein, 131g of carbohydrates, and 31g of fat. Now add those 1068 calories to the Farmer’s Diet and your grand total is 5564 calories per day.

Without a doubt, a nutrient-dense shake can really help you out of a tight spot when looking to get big. Use one smartly and only as needed and a shake could mean the difference between meeting your daily intake of calories and missing it day after day, week after week, and month after month.

TOP 10 TIPS FOR GETTING BIG

OK, let’s summarize everything and list the most important things to do and avoid when trying to pack on weight:

1-Simplify your diet: Don’t overcomplicate things and fall for fancy, complex diet plans.
    2- Eat big: When it comes to eating, go big or go home; at home, eat some more.
    3- Lift heavy: Train big and be consistent; as with eating focus on the basics like compound movements.
    4- Add in increments: Whenever you can, add an extra serving to meal; add an extra meal to the day; add extra calories using a small shake at the end of a meal.
    5- Shake it up: When you’re full, add a shake; also add foods to that shake (such as peanut butter, fruit, ice cream).
    6- The right meat: Instead of white meat, focus on red meat.
    7- Carbs are your friend: When it comes to gaining weight, don’t neglect carbohydrates.
    8- Move up: Instead of water, use skim milk; if that doesn’t work, move up to whole milk or even cream.
    9- Avoid cardio: If you can run, jog. If you can jog, walk.

10- It’s a marathon: When it comes to bulking, it’s a marathon not a sprint so take your time and do it right.

As any muscle head will tell you, meals are an important part of the bodybuilding equation. When you bomb your muscles with one intense workout after another, you can’t afford to let a weak, inadequate diet hold you back from making explosive gains and obtaining an unreal body. Plan a simple, basic, effective diet and then stick to it. When you do, you’ll soon find more meat sticking to your ribs."
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHardOne View Post
    Article of the day! 5/27/12

This is a really awesome read if your on a budget! This is from Universal Nutrition's site!

"Bodybuilding is about the basics – basic compound movements done regularly and with effort. This idea applies to eating as well. Many newcomers make the mistake of overcomplicating things. They get caught up with the latest fad diets they read about in popular magazines. They spend more time reading and creating elaborate meal plans, instead of actually trying out tried and true ones. Once again, these wannabe bodybuilders fall victim to “listening” (or in this case, reading), without enough “doing”.

Thus, the typical training tenderfoot is restrained by his own limited desire, his curbed appetite for reaching his physique goals. Instead of just stepping up to the plate and eating more, he thinks too much – he relies on the advice of so-called gurus everywhere and tries on one fad diet after another like so many hats. So what’s the answer? Very simple – the answer consists of two words: Dedication and simplicity. Armed with motivation and desire, you can make your dreams come true. Equipped with a basic, easy to follow diet program, you’ll be quickly on your way.

Just how basic can an effective bulking diet be? How about three items? We will use three of the most common breakfast foods around. These foods are can be found on any farm and end up in kitchens all over the country: whole milk, farm fresh eggs, and a loaf of bread. These three inexpensive staples can fuel the young bodybuilder’s growth when used wisely throughout the day. At this point, you might be scratching your head, wondering if we’re crazy – just a loaf of bread, a gallon of milk, and a dozen eggs? Yes. We call it the Farmer’s Diet.

But before we check out each of these foods in more detail, a few caveats are in order. Though these foods can provide the foundation for a bulking diet, your daily intake of foods should not solely consist of bread, eggs and milk while on that diet. Variety is the spice of life and this is just as true in bodybuilding as with anything else. So eat your veggies, including sweet potatoes, along with brown rice, yams, pasta, poultry, beef, fish and pork.

Let’s start by looking in the cupboards for a simple loaf of bread. For $3.39, you can find a carbohydrate-rich source of food that won’t cost you a lot of dough. You’ll get a total of about 20 super-soft slices you can snack on throughout the day, and each slice will deliver about a gram of fat, approximately double that in protein, and roughly 12 grams of carbohydrates. Best of all, for even more calories, you can use spreads to your advantage. Peanut butter and jams are all great options.

Next, open the icebox and take out a gallon of ice-cold milk. You’ll need something to wash down that bread with. This item will check in at $3.89 a gallon. You get 128 ounces of a wholesome beverage that packs quite a caloric punch and is also chock full of vitamins and minerals. If you were to divide that up, you’d get 8 servings at 16 ounces, and costing around forty cents per serving. For a quarter, dime and a nickel, you get plenty of calories and a nice balance of protein, carbohydrates and fats. All three are important for the athlete looking to add size and weight.

Last but not least, the incredible edible egg. Some call the egg the bodybuilder’s perfect food. Each egg gives you 6g of protein, no carbohydrates and some good, unsaturated fats. Now some worry that eating too many eggs will lead to high cholesterol levels. It’s not dietary cholesterol you need to worry about. It’s saturated fat. And remember, testosterone is made from cholesterol! Some elite bodybuilders will eat half a dozen eggs at breakfast alone, so start cracking!

Taken together, the Farmer’s Diet consisting of a loaf of bread, a dozen eggs, and a gallon of milk will only cost you $9.97 per day. That’s a little over ten bucks a day for a solid bulking foundation! The Farmer’s Diet will add close to 4500 quality calories per day, more than enough for any serious athlete when taking his entire diet into account. Here’s the macronutrient breakdown:

• Milk (whole, gallon, $3.89): 2344 calories, 124g protein, 204g carbohydrates,128g fat

• Eggs (large, dozen, $2.69): 852 calories, 72g protein, 0g carbohydrates, 60g fat

• Bread (white, loaf, $3.39): 1300 calories, 40g protein, 230g carbohydrates, 25g fat

Daily Totals: $9.97, 4496 calories, 236g protein, 434g carbohydrates, 213g fat

Let’s break down the Farmer’s Diet into more detail. Assuming you eat six meals throughout the day. Each meal would then consist of the following:

• 21 oz. glass of milk

• 3 slices of bread

• 2 boiled eggs

That’s it. Could you really pack on weight just by eating this simple meal, six times a day? Absolutely. While the Farmer’s Diet is simple, it will work because it will provide plenty of calories to sustain growth. That’s the real key. What matters most are calories and which foods you choose to eat.

The Farmer’s Diet is illustrative; it provides an example. Your own diet doesn’t have to include milk, bread and eggs. You could replace these three with other staple foods like yams, potatoes, rice, veggies, poultry, fish, and beef. At the end of the day, you need to make sure you’ve eaten enough. Theories and fads may be food for thought, but all the fancy ideas in the world won’t pack on weight. For that, you have to eat real food – and eating is what separates men from the boys.

SHAKE THINGS UP

When you’re eating four, six or eight square meals, the day can get really long, fast. Foods rich in fiber and fats can sit in your gut for a long time and digest slowly. With all those meals, you might end up feeling full and sluggish and tired. So while the day starts strong, it might go out with a whimper. Here’s where a simple strategy can help, one that will help you add even more calories. When times get tough, shake things up!

A delicious and nutritious shake can help you quickly obtain calories. Why shakes? For starters, shakes are tasty and very convenient. All you need is a blender or a shaker cup and you’re good to go. As shakes are a liquid source of calories, they will be digested quickly and efficiently. In other words, a shake won’t sit in your stomach for hours. This is especially important when you are eating a whole food meal every few hours. Calories that don’t keep you feeling full are vital.

So should you stock up on shakes all day long? The answer is a resounding no! Shakes are not meant to replace whole foods. They aren’t miracle supplements that will magically help you gain weight in a shorter period of time. Good, quality weight gain takes time. You can, of course, replace a meal with a shake. You can add a shake between a meal or two. Finally, you can top off a whole food meal with some liquid calories. There are many strategic ways to use a shake effectively and efficiently. Remember, a shake should be used to supplement your weight gaining goals.

When using a shake, feel free to use your imagination and add ingredients to really powerize that drink. Here’s a quick recipe that’s sure to taste good and help you add weight. Start by using a quality high protein, low sugar weight gainer in a basic flavor like vanilla. For our recipe, we prefer Vanilla Ice Cream flavored Real Gains because it contains superior sources of protein, important fats and fiber. Some old time bodybuilders used to use heavy cream for their shakes, but for our recipe, we’ll stick to whole milk.

• 3.5 scoops of vanilla Real Gains (605 cal, 5g fat, 88g carbs, 52g protein)

• 10 oz whole milk, cold (170 cal, 10g fat, 10g carbs, 10g protein)

• 1 medium-sized banana (105 cal, 27g carbs, 1g protein)

• 2 tablespoons of peanut butter (188 cal, 16g fat, 6g carbs, 8g protein)

• Ice

Place all the ingredients in a blender and mix for 10-15 seconds. Pour the shake into a tall glass and you’re all set. With this delicious shake, you get a whopping 1068 calories from 71g of protein, 131g of carbohydrates, and 31g of fat. Now add those 1068 calories to the Farmer’s Diet and your grand total is 5564 calories per day.

Without a doubt, a nutrient-dense shake can really help you out of a tight spot when looking to get big. Use one smartly and only as needed and a shake could mean the difference between meeting your daily intake of calories and missing it day after day, week after week, and month after month.

TOP 10 TIPS FOR GETTING BIG

OK, let’s summarize everything and list the most important things to do and avoid when trying to pack on weight:

1-Simplify your diet: Don’t overcomplicate things and fall for fancy, complex diet plans.
    2- Eat big: When it comes to eating, go big or go home; at home, eat some more.
    3- Lift heavy: Train big and be consistent; as with eating focus on the basics like compound movements.
    4- Add in increments: Whenever you can, add an extra serving to meal; add an extra meal to the day; add extra calories using a small shake at the end of a meal.
    5- Shake it up: When you’re full, add a shake; also add foods to that shake (such as peanut butter, fruit, ice cream).
    6- The right meat: Instead of white meat, focus on red meat.
    7- Carbs are your friend: When it comes to gaining weight, don’t neglect carbohydrates.
    8- Move up: Instead of water, use skim milk; if that doesn’t work, move up to whole milk or even cream.
    9- Avoid cardio: If you can run, jog. If you can jog, walk.

10- It’s a marathon: When it comes to bulking, it’s a marathon not a sprint so take your time and do it right.

As any muscle head will tell you, meals are an important part of the bodybuilding equation. When you bomb your muscles with one intense workout after another, you can’t afford to let a weak, inadequate diet hold you back from making explosive gains and obtaining an unreal body. Plan a simple, basic, effective diet and then stick to it. When you do, you’ll soon find more meat sticking to your ribs."

Universal is on the move man! BTW nice numbers on the deads.

"If u don't have something, and want it to be yours... ask for it, if u don't get it... demand for it... if u still don't get it... work for it... Still don't get it?? then U have the right to TAKE IT!!!"
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by zubda345 View Post

Universal is on the move man! BTW nice numbers on the deads.
    Thanks Pimp!
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

5/28/12

-Didn't get much sleep last night, most likely due to going a little overboard with the stimulants
    -Hamstrings / Lower back sore!!
    -4 Recycle caps 1 hour after my first meal, will be how I dose Recycle, just from the first day I noticed an increase of sexual desire, erection strength....for a 19 year old....HELL YEAH! And for all you "experts" out there thinking that this may be a placebo, my life is pretty stressful right now, I doubt it is a placebo effect.
    -(any one from APPnut and LG science reading this log, don't worry ill get those independent logs up asap! last few days have been a bit hecktic on time)

*Training thoughts*
    -Was thinking of getting rid of the high threshold lower rep work and just focusing on a fast paced, growth factor stimulating intense protocol which is my preferred style of training...I was thinking, I mean eventually im going to be using some super heavy weight on my squats / deadlifts / presses for low reps, I honestly find it hard to find that "zone" or that "mindset/motivation" to lift those super heavy poundages, I really have no interest in training that way, the only reason I do it is because it does produce muscular hypertrophy. Also ensures I won't have to do any cardio!
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  12. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Good deal on the recycle. Did you dose SLINshot in different ways today?

I usually lift late. Past 9pm & the stims keep me wide awake.

Got some APPNut & LG love going on too huh? What products are you using from them?
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Good deal on the recycle. Did you dose SLINshot in different ways today?

I usually lift late. Past 9pm & the stims keep me wide awake.

Got some APPNut & LG love going on too huh? What products are you using from them?
    I tried 6 caps yesterday with the SLIN, didn't notice a drastic difference, so ill stay with 4 caps a day, 2, 30 mins before my first 2 meals.

Man even when I take stims in the morning its harder on those days for me to stay asleep lol.

From APPnut, running some Pre workout Endurance/Lactic Acid buffer "Drive", and "Fat free" which will aid in neurotransmitter efficiency, fat loss, euphoric mood, pretty awesome because it doesn't contain a huge amount of stimulants, from LG im running some anadraulic state gt.

A little update....I only want to weigh myself once a week, but weighed myself today, just a couple days in, already back up to 213+. (was around 205 a couple days ago lol)
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

5/29/12 Arms

-CNS warm up (mixture up high threshold exercises)

-Maximize Pump / Growth Factors (20-40 second rest period between sets) (3021 tempo) (about 2-3 sets each exercise, pyramiding up, nothing to complete failure)
    V-Bar Pushdowns superset Incline DB Curls
    Upright Dips superset Supine Grip Chins
    One Arm Overhead Extension superset Preacher Curl
    Incline Hammer Curls

-Stretch Fascia
    Put biceps in a fully stretched position for 30+ seconds (incline db curl position with internally rotated)
    Put triceps in a fully stretched position for 30+ seconds (overhead one arm db extension bottom position)

***Notes***
    -Not much sleep last night, felt tired as hell during my workout, but my intensity was there! Actually starting to get that "in the zone" feeling again, yay!
    -4 recycle caps 30 mins pre
    -agmatine 60 mins pre
    -drive 3 caps 40 mins pre
    -1 scoop asgt 20 mins pre
    -1 fat free cap 10 mins pre
    -Pump came quick during my workout, which is unusual, but I noticed intensity started to fall down slightly(which is when you want to stop the workout completely), so I kept on going, ended up losing my pump, face started getting very puffy/bloated....ughhh cortisol...can't I have a little bit more fun in the gym? Whatever, lesson learned.
    -Not sure if I will keep doing the low rep high threshold work, I honestly hate training with low reps, I love the high paced, intense style of training.
    -Gota keep reminding myself to NOT look in the mirror and worry too much how I look for the first week, same with my performance, can't expect too much from the first week.
    -Good workout though, looks like quads is next in line to get thrashed!
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  15. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Why did you lost intensity during the work out?

What do you think the puffy and bloated face came from?
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Why did you lost intensity during the work out?

What do you think the puffy and bloated face came from?
    Your central nervous system can only sustain high performance with stressful resistance training only for so long(it will be different for everyone, sleep/hormones play a critical role), I tend to follow alot of Christian Thibadeu's work, he has revamped my whole viewpoint on how to train, knowing when to stop..etc..

I always notice the puffy and bloated face comes whenever im stressed out, or when I do too much work in the gym without listening to my body, pretty much when my mind starts to "wander off" and I end up going through the motions, thats when I should be packing my bags and get out of the gym. Its all cool though, this week is just more of a regain / start up phase week anyways.

Just took 2 caps of slinshot prior to my post workout meal, feeling really good! Muscles feeling really full!
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

5/29/12 Article of the day!

By Jon-Erik Kawamoto, M.Sc.Kin.(c), C.S.C.S., C.E.P. Men's Fitness

"Packing on muscle is no easy feat regardless of whether you're a string bean or a husky guy. And why you're missing out on gains is typically caused by a number of reasons that can be easily avoided. So if you're frustrated about being stuck in the place and at the same weight, it's time to assess what you're doing and make a change.

1. YOU'RE IMPATIENT
    If you’re a true beginner, the first phase of your training program results in changes that you can’t see – typically, your coordination improves with each exercise and the amount of co-contraction between muscles decreases. Your brain gets better at communicating with your muscles and can actually activate a higher percentage of your muscle fibers, commonly referred to as neuromuscular efficiency. Don’t look in the mirror after two weeks and wonder why you’re not getting bigger. Be patient and put in the work, the results will come.

2. YOU DON'T KEEP TRACK
    Training logs are just as important as the program. How are you supposed to know what to do today or what you did last week without keeping track of it? To maximize muscle hypertrophy, keep track of all your workouts, weight used, repetitions performed, the tempo of the exercise and the breaks between sets. Keeping a training log will allow you to track your progress and your energy levels. Logs are also a great way to look back to see how (hopefully not) you got injured or over-trained.

3. YOU'VE GOT NO STRUCTURE
    Remove the randomness from your workouts and stick to a plan. This is the best way to improve strength and increase muscle size. Random training might make you strong (for a beginner), but it's inferior to a planned periodized training program. A linear periodized plan can look like this: week 1: 3x12-15; week 2: 3x10-12; and week 3: 3x8-10. A non-periodized plan can look like this: weeks 1-3: 1st set 10-12 reps; 2nd set 6-8 reps, 3rd set 3-5 reps. Pick a plan and stick to it for maximum gains.

4. YOU'RE DOING TOO MUCH CARDIO
    If your goals are size and strength, cardio workouts should not dominate your program. HIIT workouts and easy cardio sessions can be slotted into your program, but your 1st priority is getting in the 3-4 weight training days. If you can recover well between workouts, feel free to add in a cardio session here or there, but not at the expense of your recovery.

5. YOU'RE A HEADCASE
    Having too much negative stress in your life can wreck havoc on your body’s chemistry and your overall health. It’s easier said than done, but you need to chill out man. Find a job you enjoy and a non-drama-filled girlfriend. Eat fresh whole foods and drink plenty of water. Try to get 8-9 hours of uninterrupted sleep per night. Learn how to meditate. The lower the stress, the better you recover. The better you recover, the better your progress. Make it happen.

6. YOU'RE EATING LIKE A BIRD
    To put on size, you can’t eat salads all day. You need to have a slight calorie surplus to support muscle growth. This includes all energy expended from physical activity and internal processes. As mentioned earlier, eat whole fresh foods. Put time into planning your meals so you don’t have to resort to eating junk. Avoid sugary drinks and all fast food. Try to eat organic meats and drink organic milk. Eat healthy fats such as avocados and coconut oil. If you’re inclined, diets such as the “Paleo Diet” or “Perfect Health Diet” work really well for putting on size while staying lean. Ensure your growing body receives the nutrients and building blocks it needs and remember that eating junk equals junk results.

7. YOU CHEAT YOUR REPS
    Half or quarter reps are commonly seen in the gym. Don’t be that guy. Half reps are going to get you half-assed results. Learn how to perform the full range of motion for each exercise. Leave your ego at the door because the weight you’ll use will be less. In the long run, you’ll maximize your gains when progressing full range of motion exercises with lighter weights than you would when using heavy weights for half reps. Half and quarter reps have their place though – they are great when used as assistance exercises to the main lifts, but only when the main lifts can be performed with full range of motion.

8. YOU'RE AFRAID OF COMPOUND MOVEMENTS
    Curls, front raises, lateral raises, and calf raises are all good exercises but are normally performed at the wrong time. Focus on big compound lifts at the beginning of your workouts while you’re fresh and not fatigued. Exercises such as deadlifts, squats, cleans, presses and/or pulls should make up the first half of your workout. Save the isolation exercises for the last half.

9. YOU'RE A GYM ADDICT
    Spending hours in the gym isn’t going to do you any favors. Related to the “you need to chill out” tip, doing too much in the gym will result in a tougher time recovering between workouts while adding to your already high levels of stress. Beginners can get plenty of work in a 45-min to 60-min workout, if the proper breaks are taken between sets and if they’re not checking their Facebook. Too many sets and hours in the gym can result in diminishing returns. Go to the gym, get focused, do the work and go home.

10. YOU'RE AVOIDING DROP-SETS
    Drop-sets involve sub-maximal weights performed to failure over several mini-sets. Arnold referred to this type of training as training for “the pump.” For example, grab a weight you can curl for 8-10 reps. Following that set, grab another pair of dumbbells 10lbs lighter and immediately perform reps to failure. Perform this drop for one more set. Take a minute break and do it again. Constant muscle tension created with these 3 mini-sets induces hypertrophic mechanisms within the muscle. Add in drop-sets to your isolation exercises to maximize your gains in size."
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  18. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Nice tip with the drop sets. Good that it focuses on compound movements as well.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

**Thoughts 5/29/12
    -So 3 workouts in so far....
    -I didn't want to look at myself in the mirror for the first 1-2 weeks because I know it won't be until mid week 2 or week 3 when the changes start being drastically noticeable....couldn't help it in the gym today....I was actually looking pretty good!
    -"Alpha Male" drive, libido is noticeably getting better daily
    -I keep having to remind myself to be patient....lol....this ain't a sprint!
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Was thinking about what am I going to do in life...

And came across this video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rbv-U...eature=related

Ughhh...somehow...I think I got really sick....flu symptoms...weird...this never happens!
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

**Update**
    -I think stacking the Fat Free(which doesn't have much of a stim effect?) and ASGT was a bad idea, when I took them I started to feel very sleepy, and ended up getting flu like symptoms, most likely it was too harsh on my adrenal glands and slapped my immune system, now im sick. lol Lesson learned. And yes I staggered them like 30 mins apart? Ill stagger them 4 hours apart now.
    -Day off today
    -Trying not to look in the mirror, but took a glimpse first thing in the morning....damn im actually noticing some changes already!
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

5/30/12 Article of the day!

"Things That Aren't Supposed to Work...But Do!
    Part 1: Post-Pump Explosive Work
    by Christian Thibaudeau

There are things you can do in the gym that just don't make sense. They go against all logic and what we think we know about muscle growth stimulation. Yet despite being illogical, they end up delivering great results!

We're just beginning to understand how muscle growth occurs, and there are plenty of "rules" we thought were etched in stone that turn out to be a misdirection.

Here are some techniques I've experimented with that are just not supposed to work. Any "expert" could poke a thousand holes in them. Yet I've tried them and they work great. In this series I'll present some of these training anomalies and my theory about why they're effective.

Part I: Post-Pump Explosive Work

It's well-accepted by most training authorities (I'm guilty myself) that explosive power work should be done in the earlier parts of the workout when both the nervous system and muscles are fresh and in an optimal working state.

The explanation is that if you do power work later in the workout when the muscle and CNS are tired, your performance will decrease, leading to a lower power production which could be indicative of less fast-twitch motor unit recruitment.

So doing explosive work when a muscle is pumped to its maximum degree doesn't make sense, right?

Well, I tried it and it works great! And I believe this approach will lead to a tremendous increase in muscle mass and work capacity.

I first had a clue about this approach being effective when my old mentor tried something like this while training international level rowers and swimmers. Now, this mentor (Jean Boutet) is the living representation of "no BS." He's guy who had to have a scientific and practical justification for everything in his programs, and if there wasn't already a mountain of solid evidence about a technique, he would rarely try it.

So when he told me that in the latter part of his athlete's preparatory period he used a "reversed exercise order" -- starting with the isolation/low-power work and working toward power work at the end of the session -- my interest was piqued... and I was more than a little shocked.

He reasoned that his athletes required the capacity to be able to continue producing a high level of power even in a fatigued state. It worked. The first week or toe, performance was down on the explosive work. But after a short adaptation period, the power output was just as high as when done in a fresh state. But more importantly, he noticed that his athletes gained more muscle during that phase of training than the rest of the year.

It was somewhat interesting, but I didn't really experiment with it right away. It's when I got to talking with Tim Paterson and he told me that after maximum pump work he felt the need to shove something hard that I decided to try the experiment.

Here's what I did:

1. I started the workout with a pre-pump to bring more nutrient-rich blood into the muscle before doing the stimulation work.

2. The I did my high-threshold strength work.

3. I switched to maximum pump training and contrasted it with speed work.

The way I did this was contrast one set of pump with two sets of speed using the same weight. I used the scrape-the-rack bench press with chains: 185 pounds on the bar plus 50 pounds of chains. The sets looked like this:

SET 1: 10 partial reps at the top, squeezing the contraction hard, 5 partial reps in the middle with constant tension, rest 10 seconds, do 5 full reps

SETS 2 and 3: 3 explosive reps starting from the pins after a 1-2 second pause

SET 4: 10 partial reps at the top, squeezing the contraction hard, 5 partial reps in the middle with constant tension, rest 10 seconds, do 5 full reps

SETS 5 and 6: 3 explosive reps starting from the pins after a 1-2 second pause

SET 7: 10 partial reps at the top, squeezing the contraction hard, 5 partial reps in the middle with constant tension, rest 10 seconds, do 5 full reps

SETS 8 and 9: 3 explosive reps starting from the pins after a 1-2 second pause

SET 10: Maximum normal reps (to failure)

Here's What I Noticed:

1. The speed sets felt really good after the pump work, almost like a relief.

2. I had more "kick" at the start of the explosive reps.

3. The speed work enhanced the pump by itself and made the maximum pump work more effective.

4. My chest stayed round and full for two days without soreness (so it wasn't inflammation)

Three days before, I'd done a similar workout but without the power work, doing four pump sets in a row instead. What I found was that I got a great pump on the first set, it got slightly better after the second, but the third and fourth didn't seem to increase the pump.

With the contrast, every pump set led to a significant increase in pump. I definitely believe that this contrast worked amazingly well to help muscle growth. But why?

My Theory

This is my theory, not proven facts, so take it for what its worth. But I've been doing this for many years and my strength has always been to feel what was going on in the body.

1. D.G. Sale has shown that it's not the actual speed of movement that's important, but rather the intent to accelerate. Since at that point in my workout the CNS was still fresh (I had only done four high-threshold sets and pump work doesn't fatigue the CNS that much) I could still fire out a powerful recruitment command.

Now, the muscle fatigue and increased intramuscular pressure decreased the actual barbell speed (although I was surprisingly fast). The neural impulse was just as important as if I had done the speed work first in the session.

2. The pumped muscle and increase in intramuscular pressure was a safeguard. The problem with speed work (especially if you're very good at it) is that you produce so much momentum that you instinctively have to break the bar to avoid ballistic shock on the joints. And the more explosive you are, the sooner you have to break/decelerate. The pumped muscle reduces actual speed just enough to allow you to keep accelerating for longer, so the muscle actually received a greater training effect: explosive work turns on the fast-twitch fibers and, by being able to keep pushing instead of breaking, keeps those motor units turned on and firing.

The effect is thus dual: Your nervous system learns to keep on firing the FT fibers even after the initial trust, and the FT fibers produce force over a longer distance which means more work and therefore more stimulation.

3. You can still do very efficient speed sets even when the muscle is pumped. That is not true with strength work (doing strength work with a pre-pump is great, but not when the muscle is maximally pumped and fatigued). Why? I'm not sure. Maybe it is because of a completely different motor recruitment strategy, but the fact is that it allows you to do high quality high-threshold work while in a fatigued state and that is very important in sports and might be a special way to stimulate growth.

4. I think that the speed sets allow you to decrease intramuscular pressure a bit, which allows you to pump the muscle more than usual on the next pump set. Inflate-deflate-inflate-deflate-inflate: it seems to enhance the capacity to inflate at each round.

5. The speed sets might also allow you to recruit more of the high-threshold motor units during the pump work, which would make the latter more effective.

6. I had more kick during the speed rep. My theory is that the body sensed that the fatigue would make it hard to produce speed and increased the intensity of the recruitment signal. I call that the big suitcase phenomenon: you see a really big suitcase on the floor. You think that it will be super heavy and instinctively program it as such. When you come to pick it up and it's empty it almost flies up! I think that this is not unlike what's happening: you fool the nervous system into sending a more powerful motor recruitment signal.

In the trenches, this method works, even if on first sight it seems like it can't. -- Christian Thibaudeau"
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  23. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHardOne
    **Update**
    -I think stacking the Fat Free(which doesn't have much of a stim effect?) and ASGT was a bad idea, when I took them I started to feel very sleepy, and ended up getting flu like symptoms, most likely it was too harsh on my adrenal glands and slapped my immune system, now im sick. lol Lesson learned. And yes I staggered them like 30 mins apart? Ill stagger them 4 hours apart now.
    -Day off today
    -Trying not to look in the mirror, but took a glimpse first thing in the morning....damn im actually noticing some changes already!
    Just stick to the Purus stack. Don't want you phuckin ya self up over here.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

5/30/12 Tip of the day!

*Your progressing and people are criticizing you for doing things wrong? ....Well.....then stop listening to the "critics"!

-You know what I mean, critics are the people who try to make you feel bad, or make it feel like your doing things wrong. In the fitness world, if one guy has believes, he will recommend those beliefs to EVERYONE because in his mind, if this works for me, it must work for you. Those critics also have that mindset of "my way or the highway", even when you do something impressive, accomplish progression of some sort, they will still "put you down" by doing the following...

-A critic "Recommends" something to you just to ensure the critics 'ego' remains "Alpha".....Im sure we have heard this plenty of times...."oh bro im just tryin to help!".....BullS***!!! Every expert / critic always want to make themselves sound smart and make it sound like the way they do things, is how everyone else should do it. Look...if you are in your "offseason bulking phase", if someone says you should drop down some bodyfat when you are in that phase when everything is clicking, you are noticing progression, F*** THEM! When your progressing, what ever the F*** your doing is working, obviously don't go overboard and get obese!

-This world is huge, the internet somehow is even bigger, do you know how many forum sites there are for the fitness world? Theirs ALOT! There will be a bunch of trolls, experts, critics.....don't let them get in your head, people will judge you and will tell you that your doing things wrong for the sake of maintaining their "Alpha Expert" ego. This is why Anabolicmins forum is my favorite forum, honestly haven't seen any trolls yet, honestly haven't seen any of those "critics" yet....

I felt this was something I had to get off my chest to ensure not only me, but other people with goals stick with their goals, dominate them, and don't listnen to ANY critics / experts when they are PROGRESSING, typically all the criticizing, judging, and hating occurs whenever someone is progressing. Why? Ego, jealousy, oh and uh....more Ego!

So for any of you that currently have a goal in life, stay with it, when your noticing progression F*** what people think, dominate daily folks...and I mean that. Dominate your days, pound the goals, improve daily/weekly/monthly, and enjoy yearly.

Oh and....their is a fellow named LeBron James, he may go down as the most criticized athlete in sports history, look how he dealed with the criticism, you think it hurt his performance? Got in his head? Nope, he said F*** the critics, I know what works for me, and ill prove everyone wrong. He kept his hood up, blocked out everyone and everything that was surrounding him, maintained a tunnel vision, and the rest is history. Multiple season MVP's, Multiple All Star Game MVP's, Multiple First team NBA's, Multiple First Team Defense awards in only 9 years? Belief, faith, focus, drive, passion, intensity, and consistency will give you outstanding results, better than any "scientific" critic / hater could ever dream about!
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

5/31/12 Quads (fever workout)

-Maximize Pump / Stimulate local growth factors / 3021 tempo / 30-60 second rest periods (nothing to real failure) (8-12 reps per set)
    *Leg Extensions (body erect for the hip joint to allow my quads to be in its "fully contracted" angle)
    *Dumbbell Lunges (feet pointing foward, press through the heels, rotated between utilizing a "intention" with shoving legs outward and inward to emphasize the upper/outer quads more)
    *Hack Squats (slightly outside of shoulder width, feet pointing out)
    *Leg Extensions (body leaned back for the hip joint to allow my quads to be in its fully stretched position)

**Notes**
    -1 scoop ASGT pre
    -3 drive caps first thing in the morning
    -500mg Agmatine pre
    -Insulin Spiked pre/during/post
    -Good pump
    -I have a fever, still had a intense workout, im a motha' f***** champ!
    -Having a fever sucks, but my mood is great!
    -No crazy weights today, this first week is more so a preview of whats to come, just making my body receptive to nutrients again.
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

6/1/12 Update

-Rest day today
    -Week 1 "Start Up" Phase completed.
    -Week 2 "Adaptation" Phase, starts 2morrow (more on this later)
    -SLINshot.....I love this product! You can literally feel the muscle fullness within 30 mins after your meal with SLINshot
    -Recycle really noticeable is bringing my libido back to what it should be
    -My birthday is next week! Yikes!
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Article of the Day! 6/1/12

Here are some very anabolic hormones with a description to it!

Growth Hormone (GH).

Growth hormone has a self limiting feedback loop in which the total available GH is tightly regulated by the action of 2 peptide hormones on the hypothalamus.

Growth hormone releasing hormone signals the hypothalamus to release GH, and thereafter it’s own levels in the body feedback to the hypothalamus which then triggers Somatostatin to signal for a decrease in GH output. From this we can deduce that long term increase in circulating endogenous GH are impossible! At best we can only create a temporary increase in GH, after which the self regulating feedback loop kicks in and GH output drops back down.

Insulin like Growth Factor 1 (IFG1 and Mechano-IGF1).

IGF1 is one of a family of growth factors that are involved in almost all mechanisms of hypertrophy. There are 2 kinds of IGF that we as athletes should be concerned with. The first is produced by the liver and is used in normal cell turnover etc. The second is produced locally in muscles in response to mechanical strain, as described in the section on Mechanotransduction above. It is this second form of insulin like growth factor, known as Mechano-IGF1, that actually stimulates growth in muscle cells.

Fibroblast Growth Factor (FGF)

This lesser known cousin of IGF is also involved in satellite cell proliferation and differentiation. As with IGF there are several different types of FGF and precisely which one is signalled for depends upon the type of work done. For example in one study denervated rats put through overload (resistance training) released different forms of FGF to those released in rats with normal nervous control of their muscles. Both groups grew in response to the overload but the FGF signalled for was different in each group. This once again points to the extreme specificity of adaptation in muscle tissue.

More on hormones later this week, stay tuned!

*LG Sciences Board Rep*
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

6/2/12 Chest

-Neural Charge Complex (jump deadlifts, military presses, clean and press complex)

-High Threshold Work 3021 tempo
    Flat Bench Press
    135x15
    185x3
    235x3 (oh thank god, last week only could do 225 for 1 rep)
    255x2
    275x1
    295x1
    305x1 (I know im trying to to regain my muscle/strength, but this is a incredible jump in strength in a week.... )

-Maximum Pump Work (8-12 reps per exercise)
    Pec Deck, rest 10-20 seconds, Wide Grip Pushups(5 reps in stretch position, then 5 full reps) (repeated this sequence 4 times)
    Incline Wide Grip Barbell Press 5 reps in the stretch position, proceeded with 5 full reps, rest 30 seconds, repeat 2 more times
    Flat Dumbbell Press 1 drop set

-Stretch Fascia
    DB Fly stretch 2x30 seconds

**Notes**
    -This workout kicked my ass
    -GREAT improvements in only 1 week!
    -Pumps much better than last week!
    -2 scoops ASGT pre
    -Trained after 1 meal (3 drive caps with that meal)
    -2 SLINshot caps 15 mins before 1st meal
    -Alpha mentality is here. Heck yes. PLACEBO!!! YOUR 19 ITS A PLACEBO!!!!........haha! Beast mode pimp.
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  29. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Nice work outs man. Glad your are liking SLINshot and the Recycle.

SLINshot, & I've said it before is pretty much like a staple 4 me.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Nice work outs man. Glad your are liking SLINshot and the Recycle.

SLINshot, & I've said it before is pretty much like a staple 4 me.
    You were not kidding man, SLINshot is the real deal! Man, today's workout made me excited, gaining this fast....and im noticing im already leaning down aswell...expect 360+ on the bench at 7 percent bodyfat within 7 weeks!! haha
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Purus Labs SLINshot
    By AaronJP1 in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 04-20-2012, 06:28 PM
  2. Replies: 84
    Last Post: 10-21-2010, 11:53 PM
  3. Recycle with Purus Labs
    By Grambo in forum Company Promotions