Purus Labs SLINshot and Recycle....biatch! (w/ pics/daily articles) - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Purus Labs SLINshot and Recycle....biatch! (w/ pics/daily articles)

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

5/28/12

-Didn't get much sleep last night, most likely due to going a little overboard with the stimulants
    -Hamstrings / Lower back sore!!
    -4 Recycle caps 1 hour after my first meal, will be how I dose Recycle, just from the first day I noticed an increase of sexual desire, erection strength....for a 19 year old....HELL YEAH! And for all you "experts" out there thinking that this may be a placebo, my life is pretty stressful right now, I doubt it is a placebo effect.
    -(any one from APPnut and LG science reading this log, don't worry ill get those independent logs up asap! last few days have been a bit hecktic on time)

*Training thoughts*
    -Was thinking of getting rid of the high threshold lower rep work and just focusing on a fast paced, growth factor stimulating intense protocol which is my preferred style of training...I was thinking, I mean eventually im going to be using some super heavy weight on my squats / deadlifts / presses for low reps, I honestly find it hard to find that "zone" or that "mindset/motivation" to lift those super heavy poundages, I really have no interest in training that way, the only reason I do it is because it does produce muscular hypertrophy. Also ensures I won't have to do any cardio!
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
    Changing Lives is what I crave.

2. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Good deal on the recycle. Did you dose SLINshot in different ways today?

I usually lift late. Past 9pm & the stims keep me wide awake.

Got some APPNut & LG love going on too huh? What products are you using from them?
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Good deal on the recycle. Did you dose SLINshot in different ways today?

I usually lift late. Past 9pm & the stims keep me wide awake.

Got some APPNut & LG love going on too huh? What products are you using from them?
    I tried 6 caps yesterday with the SLIN, didn't notice a drastic difference, so ill stay with 4 caps a day, 2, 30 mins before my first 2 meals.

Man even when I take stims in the morning its harder on those days for me to stay asleep lol.

From APPnut, running some Pre workout Endurance/Lactic Acid buffer "Drive", and "Fat free" which will aid in neurotransmitter efficiency, fat loss, euphoric mood, pretty awesome because it doesn't contain a huge amount of stimulants, from LG im running some anadraulic state gt.

A little update....I only want to weigh myself once a week, but weighed myself today, just a couple days in, already back up to 213+. (was around 205 a couple days ago lol)
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

5/29/12 Arms

-CNS warm up (mixture up high threshold exercises)

-Maximize Pump / Growth Factors (20-40 second rest period between sets) (3021 tempo) (about 2-3 sets each exercise, pyramiding up, nothing to complete failure)
    V-Bar Pushdowns superset Incline DB Curls
    Upright Dips superset Supine Grip Chins
    One Arm Overhead Extension superset Preacher Curl
    Incline Hammer Curls

-Stretch Fascia
    Put biceps in a fully stretched position for 30+ seconds (incline db curl position with internally rotated)
    Put triceps in a fully stretched position for 30+ seconds (overhead one arm db extension bottom position)

***Notes***
    -Not much sleep last night, felt tired as hell during my workout, but my intensity was there! Actually starting to get that "in the zone" feeling again, yay!
    -4 recycle caps 30 mins pre
    -agmatine 60 mins pre
    -drive 3 caps 40 mins pre
    -1 scoop asgt 20 mins pre
    -1 fat free cap 10 mins pre
    -Pump came quick during my workout, which is unusual, but I noticed intensity started to fall down slightly(which is when you want to stop the workout completely), so I kept on going, ended up losing my pump, face started getting very puffy/bloated....ughhh cortisol...can't I have a little bit more fun in the gym? Whatever, lesson learned.
    -Not sure if I will keep doing the low rep high threshold work, I honestly hate training with low reps, I love the high paced, intense style of training.
    -Gota keep reminding myself to NOT look in the mirror and worry too much how I look for the first week, same with my performance, can't expect too much from the first week.
    -Good workout though, looks like quads is next in line to get thrashed!
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  5. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Why did you lost intensity during the work out?

What do you think the puffy and bloated face came from?
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Why did you lost intensity during the work out?

What do you think the puffy and bloated face came from?
    Your central nervous system can only sustain high performance with stressful resistance training only for so long(it will be different for everyone, sleep/hormones play a critical role), I tend to follow alot of Christian Thibadeu's work, he has revamped my whole viewpoint on how to train, knowing when to stop..etc..

I always notice the puffy and bloated face comes whenever im stressed out, or when I do too much work in the gym without listening to my body, pretty much when my mind starts to "wander off" and I end up going through the motions, thats when I should be packing my bags and get out of the gym. Its all cool though, this week is just more of a regain / start up phase week anyways.

Just took 2 caps of slinshot prior to my post workout meal, feeling really good! Muscles feeling really full!
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

5/29/12 Article of the day!

By Jon-Erik Kawamoto, M.Sc.Kin.(c), C.S.C.S., C.E.P. Men's Fitness

"Packing on muscle is no easy feat regardless of whether you're a string bean or a husky guy. And why you're missing out on gains is typically caused by a number of reasons that can be easily avoided. So if you're frustrated about being stuck in the place and at the same weight, it's time to assess what you're doing and make a change.

1. YOU'RE IMPATIENT
    If you’re a true beginner, the first phase of your training program results in changes that you can’t see – typically, your coordination improves with each exercise and the amount of co-contraction between muscles decreases. Your brain gets better at communicating with your muscles and can actually activate a higher percentage of your muscle fibers, commonly referred to as neuromuscular efficiency. Don’t look in the mirror after two weeks and wonder why you’re not getting bigger. Be patient and put in the work, the results will come.

2. YOU DON'T KEEP TRACK
    Training logs are just as important as the program. How are you supposed to know what to do today or what you did last week without keeping track of it? To maximize muscle hypertrophy, keep track of all your workouts, weight used, repetitions performed, the tempo of the exercise and the breaks between sets. Keeping a training log will allow you to track your progress and your energy levels. Logs are also a great way to look back to see how (hopefully not) you got injured or over-trained.

3. YOU'VE GOT NO STRUCTURE
    Remove the randomness from your workouts and stick to a plan. This is the best way to improve strength and increase muscle size. Random training might make you strong (for a beginner), but it's inferior to a planned periodized training program. A linear periodized plan can look like this: week 1: 3x12-15; week 2: 3x10-12; and week 3: 3x8-10. A non-periodized plan can look like this: weeks 1-3: 1st set 10-12 reps; 2nd set 6-8 reps, 3rd set 3-5 reps. Pick a plan and stick to it for maximum gains.

4. YOU'RE DOING TOO MUCH CARDIO
    If your goals are size and strength, cardio workouts should not dominate your program. HIIT workouts and easy cardio sessions can be slotted into your program, but your 1st priority is getting in the 3-4 weight training days. If you can recover well between workouts, feel free to add in a cardio session here or there, but not at the expense of your recovery.

5. YOU'RE A HEADCASE
    Having too much negative stress in your life can wreck havoc on your body’s chemistry and your overall health. It’s easier said than done, but you need to chill out man. Find a job you enjoy and a non-drama-filled girlfriend. Eat fresh whole foods and drink plenty of water. Try to get 8-9 hours of uninterrupted sleep per night. Learn how to meditate. The lower the stress, the better you recover. The better you recover, the better your progress. Make it happen.

6. YOU'RE EATING LIKE A BIRD
    To put on size, you can’t eat salads all day. You need to have a slight calorie surplus to support muscle growth. This includes all energy expended from physical activity and internal processes. As mentioned earlier, eat whole fresh foods. Put time into planning your meals so you don’t have to resort to eating junk. Avoid sugary drinks and all fast food. Try to eat organic meats and drink organic milk. Eat healthy fats such as avocados and coconut oil. If you’re inclined, diets such as the “Paleo Diet” or “Perfect Health Diet” work really well for putting on size while staying lean. Ensure your growing body receives the nutrients and building blocks it needs and remember that eating junk equals junk results.

7. YOU CHEAT YOUR REPS
    Half or quarter reps are commonly seen in the gym. Don’t be that guy. Half reps are going to get you half-assed results. Learn how to perform the full range of motion for each exercise. Leave your ego at the door because the weight you’ll use will be less. In the long run, you’ll maximize your gains when progressing full range of motion exercises with lighter weights than you would when using heavy weights for half reps. Half and quarter reps have their place though – they are great when used as assistance exercises to the main lifts, but only when the main lifts can be performed with full range of motion.

8. YOU'RE AFRAID OF COMPOUND MOVEMENTS
    Curls, front raises, lateral raises, and calf raises are all good exercises but are normally performed at the wrong time. Focus on big compound lifts at the beginning of your workouts while you’re fresh and not fatigued. Exercises such as deadlifts, squats, cleans, presses and/or pulls should make up the first half of your workout. Save the isolation exercises for the last half.

9. YOU'RE A GYM ADDICT
    Spending hours in the gym isn’t going to do you any favors. Related to the “you need to chill out” tip, doing too much in the gym will result in a tougher time recovering between workouts while adding to your already high levels of stress. Beginners can get plenty of work in a 45-min to 60-min workout, if the proper breaks are taken between sets and if they’re not checking their Facebook. Too many sets and hours in the gym can result in diminishing returns. Go to the gym, get focused, do the work and go home.

10. YOU'RE AVOIDING DROP-SETS
    Drop-sets involve sub-maximal weights performed to failure over several mini-sets. Arnold referred to this type of training as training for “the pump.” For example, grab a weight you can curl for 8-10 reps. Following that set, grab another pair of dumbbells 10lbs lighter and immediately perform reps to failure. Perform this drop for one more set. Take a minute break and do it again. Constant muscle tension created with these 3 mini-sets induces hypertrophic mechanisms within the muscle. Add in drop-sets to your isolation exercises to maximize your gains in size."
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  8. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.

Nice tip with the drop sets. Good that it focuses on compound movements as well.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

**Thoughts 5/29/12
    -So 3 workouts in so far....
    -I didn't want to look at myself in the mirror for the first 1-2 weeks because I know it won't be until mid week 2 or week 3 when the changes start being drastically noticeable....couldn't help it in the gym today....I was actually looking pretty good!
    -"Alpha Male" drive, libido is noticeably getting better daily
    -I keep having to remind myself to be patient....lol....this ain't a sprint!
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Was thinking about what am I going to do in life...

And came across this video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rbv-U...eature=related

Ughhh...somehow...I think I got really sick....flu symptoms...weird...this never happens!
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

**Update**
    -I think stacking the Fat Free(which doesn't have much of a stim effect?) and ASGT was a bad idea, when I took them I started to feel very sleepy, and ended up getting flu like symptoms, most likely it was too harsh on my adrenal glands and slapped my immune system, now im sick. lol Lesson learned. And yes I staggered them like 30 mins apart? Ill stagger them 4 hours apart now.
    -Day off today
    -Trying not to look in the mirror, but took a glimpse first thing in the morning....damn im actually noticing some changes already!
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

5/30/12 Article of the day!

"Things That Aren't Supposed to Work...But Do!
    Part 1: Post-Pump Explosive Work
    by Christian Thibaudeau

There are things you can do in the gym that just don't make sense. They go against all logic and what we think we know about muscle growth stimulation. Yet despite being illogical, they end up delivering great results!

We're just beginning to understand how muscle growth occurs, and there are plenty of "rules" we thought were etched in stone that turn out to be a misdirection.

Here are some techniques I've experimented with that are just not supposed to work. Any "expert" could poke a thousand holes in them. Yet I've tried them and they work great. In this series I'll present some of these training anomalies and my theory about why they're effective.

Part I: Post-Pump Explosive Work

It's well-accepted by most training authorities (I'm guilty myself) that explosive power work should be done in the earlier parts of the workout when both the nervous system and muscles are fresh and in an optimal working state.

The explanation is that if you do power work later in the workout when the muscle and CNS are tired, your performance will decrease, leading to a lower power production which could be indicative of less fast-twitch motor unit recruitment.

So doing explosive work when a muscle is pumped to its maximum degree doesn't make sense, right?

Well, I tried it and it works great! And I believe this approach will lead to a tremendous increase in muscle mass and work capacity.

I first had a clue about this approach being effective when my old mentor tried something like this while training international level rowers and swimmers. Now, this mentor (Jean Boutet) is the living representation of "no BS." He's guy who had to have a scientific and practical justification for everything in his programs, and if there wasn't already a mountain of solid evidence about a technique, he would rarely try it.

So when he told me that in the latter part of his athlete's preparatory period he used a "reversed exercise order" -- starting with the isolation/low-power work and working toward power work at the end of the session -- my interest was piqued... and I was more than a little shocked.

He reasoned that his athletes required the capacity to be able to continue producing a high level of power even in a fatigued state. It worked. The first week or toe, performance was down on the explosive work. But after a short adaptation period, the power output was just as high as when done in a fresh state. But more importantly, he noticed that his athletes gained more muscle during that phase of training than the rest of the year.

It was somewhat interesting, but I didn't really experiment with it right away. It's when I got to talking with Tim Paterson and he told me that after maximum pump work he felt the need to shove something hard that I decided to try the experiment.

Here's what I did:

1. I started the workout with a pre-pump to bring more nutrient-rich blood into the muscle before doing the stimulation work.

2. The I did my high-threshold strength work.

3. I switched to maximum pump training and contrasted it with speed work.

The way I did this was contrast one set of pump with two sets of speed using the same weight. I used the scrape-the-rack bench press with chains: 185 pounds on the bar plus 50 pounds of chains. The sets looked like this:

SET 1: 10 partial reps at the top, squeezing the contraction hard, 5 partial reps in the middle with constant tension, rest 10 seconds, do 5 full reps

SETS 2 and 3: 3 explosive reps starting from the pins after a 1-2 second pause

SET 4: 10 partial reps at the top, squeezing the contraction hard, 5 partial reps in the middle with constant tension, rest 10 seconds, do 5 full reps

SETS 5 and 6: 3 explosive reps starting from the pins after a 1-2 second pause

SET 7: 10 partial reps at the top, squeezing the contraction hard, 5 partial reps in the middle with constant tension, rest 10 seconds, do 5 full reps

SETS 8 and 9: 3 explosive reps starting from the pins after a 1-2 second pause

SET 10: Maximum normal reps (to failure)

Here's What I Noticed:

1. The speed sets felt really good after the pump work, almost like a relief.

2. I had more "kick" at the start of the explosive reps.

3. The speed work enhanced the pump by itself and made the maximum pump work more effective.

4. My chest stayed round and full for two days without soreness (so it wasn't inflammation)

Three days before, I'd done a similar workout but without the power work, doing four pump sets in a row instead. What I found was that I got a great pump on the first set, it got slightly better after the second, but the third and fourth didn't seem to increase the pump.

With the contrast, every pump set led to a significant increase in pump. I definitely believe that this contrast worked amazingly well to help muscle growth. But why?

My Theory

This is my theory, not proven facts, so take it for what its worth. But I've been doing this for many years and my strength has always been to feel what was going on in the body.

1. D.G. Sale has shown that it's not the actual speed of movement that's important, but rather the intent to accelerate. Since at that point in my workout the CNS was still fresh (I had only done four high-threshold sets and pump work doesn't fatigue the CNS that much) I could still fire out a powerful recruitment command.

Now, the muscle fatigue and increased intramuscular pressure decreased the actual barbell speed (although I was surprisingly fast). The neural impulse was just as important as if I had done the speed work first in the session.

2. The pumped muscle and increase in intramuscular pressure was a safeguard. The problem with speed work (especially if you're very good at it) is that you produce so much momentum that you instinctively have to break the bar to avoid ballistic shock on the joints. And the more explosive you are, the sooner you have to break/decelerate. The pumped muscle reduces actual speed just enough to allow you to keep accelerating for longer, so the muscle actually received a greater training effect: explosive work turns on the fast-twitch fibers and, by being able to keep pushing instead of breaking, keeps those motor units turned on and firing.

The effect is thus dual: Your nervous system learns to keep on firing the FT fibers even after the initial trust, and the FT fibers produce force over a longer distance which means more work and therefore more stimulation.

3. You can still do very efficient speed sets even when the muscle is pumped. That is not true with strength work (doing strength work with a pre-pump is great, but not when the muscle is maximally pumped and fatigued). Why? I'm not sure. Maybe it is because of a completely different motor recruitment strategy, but the fact is that it allows you to do high quality high-threshold work while in a fatigued state and that is very important in sports and might be a special way to stimulate growth.

4. I think that the speed sets allow you to decrease intramuscular pressure a bit, which allows you to pump the muscle more than usual on the next pump set. Inflate-deflate-inflate-deflate-inflate: it seems to enhance the capacity to inflate at each round.

5. The speed sets might also allow you to recruit more of the high-threshold motor units during the pump work, which would make the latter more effective.

6. I had more kick during the speed rep. My theory is that the body sensed that the fatigue would make it hard to produce speed and increased the intensity of the recruitment signal. I call that the big suitcase phenomenon: you see a really big suitcase on the floor. You think that it will be super heavy and instinctively program it as such. When you come to pick it up and it's empty it almost flies up! I think that this is not unlike what's happening: you fool the nervous system into sending a more powerful motor recruitment signal.

In the trenches, this method works, even if on first sight it seems like it can't. -- Christian Thibaudeau"
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  13. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHardOne
    **Update**
    -I think stacking the Fat Free(which doesn't have much of a stim effect?) and ASGT was a bad idea, when I took them I started to feel very sleepy, and ended up getting flu like symptoms, most likely it was too harsh on my adrenal glands and slapped my immune system, now im sick. lol Lesson learned. And yes I staggered them like 30 mins apart? Ill stagger them 4 hours apart now.
    -Day off today
    -Trying not to look in the mirror, but took a glimpse first thing in the morning....damn im actually noticing some changes already!
    Just stick to the Purus stack. Don't want you phuckin ya self up over here.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

5/30/12 Tip of the day!

*Your progressing and people are criticizing you for doing things wrong? ....Well.....then stop listening to the "critics"!

-You know what I mean, critics are the people who try to make you feel bad, or make it feel like your doing things wrong. In the fitness world, if one guy has believes, he will recommend those beliefs to EVERYONE because in his mind, if this works for me, it must work for you. Those critics also have that mindset of "my way or the highway", even when you do something impressive, accomplish progression of some sort, they will still "put you down" by doing the following...

-A critic "Recommends" something to you just to ensure the critics 'ego' remains "Alpha".....Im sure we have heard this plenty of times...."oh bro im just tryin to help!".....BullS***!!! Every expert / critic always want to make themselves sound smart and make it sound like the way they do things, is how everyone else should do it. Look...if you are in your "offseason bulking phase", if someone says you should drop down some bodyfat when you are in that phase when everything is clicking, you are noticing progression, F*** THEM! When your progressing, what ever the F*** your doing is working, obviously don't go overboard and get obese!

-This world is huge, the internet somehow is even bigger, do you know how many forum sites there are for the fitness world? Theirs ALOT! There will be a bunch of trolls, experts, critics.....don't let them get in your head, people will judge you and will tell you that your doing things wrong for the sake of maintaining their "Alpha Expert" ego. This is why Anabolicmins forum is my favorite forum, honestly haven't seen any trolls yet, honestly haven't seen any of those "critics" yet....

I felt this was something I had to get off my chest to ensure not only me, but other people with goals stick with their goals, dominate them, and don't listnen to ANY critics / experts when they are PROGRESSING, typically all the criticizing, judging, and hating occurs whenever someone is progressing. Why? Ego, jealousy, oh and uh....more Ego!

So for any of you that currently have a goal in life, stay with it, when your noticing progression F*** what people think, dominate daily folks...and I mean that. Dominate your days, pound the goals, improve daily/weekly/monthly, and enjoy yearly.

Oh and....their is a fellow named LeBron James, he may go down as the most criticized athlete in sports history, look how he dealed with the criticism, you think it hurt his performance? Got in his head? Nope, he said F*** the critics, I know what works for me, and ill prove everyone wrong. He kept his hood up, blocked out everyone and everything that was surrounding him, maintained a tunnel vision, and the rest is history. Multiple season MVP's, Multiple All Star Game MVP's, Multiple First team NBA's, Multiple First Team Defense awards in only 9 years? Belief, faith, focus, drive, passion, intensity, and consistency will give you outstanding results, better than any "scientific" critic / hater could ever dream about!
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

5/31/12 Quads (fever workout)

-Maximize Pump / Stimulate local growth factors / 3021 tempo / 30-60 second rest periods (nothing to real failure) (8-12 reps per set)
    *Leg Extensions (body erect for the hip joint to allow my quads to be in its "fully contracted" angle)
    *Dumbbell Lunges (feet pointing foward, press through the heels, rotated between utilizing a "intention" with shoving legs outward and inward to emphasize the upper/outer quads more)
    *Hack Squats (slightly outside of shoulder width, feet pointing out)
    *Leg Extensions (body leaned back for the hip joint to allow my quads to be in its fully stretched position)

**Notes**
    -1 scoop ASGT pre
    -3 drive caps first thing in the morning
    -500mg Agmatine pre
    -Insulin Spiked pre/during/post
    -Good pump
    -I have a fever, still had a intense workout, im a motha' f***** champ!
    -Having a fever sucks, but my mood is great!
    -No crazy weights today, this first week is more so a preview of whats to come, just making my body receptive to nutrients again.
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

6/1/12 Update

-Rest day today
    -Week 1 "Start Up" Phase completed.
    -Week 2 "Adaptation" Phase, starts 2morrow (more on this later)
    -SLINshot.....I love this product! You can literally feel the muscle fullness within 30 mins after your meal with SLINshot
    -Recycle really noticeable is bringing my libido back to what it should be
    -My birthday is next week! Yikes!
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Article of the Day! 6/1/12

Here are some very anabolic hormones with a description to it!

Growth Hormone (GH).

Growth hormone has a self limiting feedback loop in which the total available GH is tightly regulated by the action of 2 peptide hormones on the hypothalamus.

Growth hormone releasing hormone signals the hypothalamus to release GH, and thereafter it’s own levels in the body feedback to the hypothalamus which then triggers Somatostatin to signal for a decrease in GH output. From this we can deduce that long term increase in circulating endogenous GH are impossible! At best we can only create a temporary increase in GH, after which the self regulating feedback loop kicks in and GH output drops back down.

Insulin like Growth Factor 1 (IFG1 and Mechano-IGF1).

IGF1 is one of a family of growth factors that are involved in almost all mechanisms of hypertrophy. There are 2 kinds of IGF that we as athletes should be concerned with. The first is produced by the liver and is used in normal cell turnover etc. The second is produced locally in muscles in response to mechanical strain, as described in the section on Mechanotransduction above. It is this second form of insulin like growth factor, known as Mechano-IGF1, that actually stimulates growth in muscle cells.

Fibroblast Growth Factor (FGF)

This lesser known cousin of IGF is also involved in satellite cell proliferation and differentiation. As with IGF there are several different types of FGF and precisely which one is signalled for depends upon the type of work done. For example in one study denervated rats put through overload (resistance training) released different forms of FGF to those released in rats with normal nervous control of their muscles. Both groups grew in response to the overload but the FGF signalled for was different in each group. This once again points to the extreme specificity of adaptation in muscle tissue.

More on hormones later this week, stay tuned!

*LG Sciences Board Rep*
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

6/2/12 Chest

-Neural Charge Complex (jump deadlifts, military presses, clean and press complex)

-High Threshold Work 3021 tempo
    Flat Bench Press
    135x15
    185x3
    235x3 (oh thank god, last week only could do 225 for 1 rep)
    255x2
    275x1
    295x1
    305x1 (I know im trying to to regain my muscle/strength, but this is a incredible jump in strength in a week.... )

-Maximum Pump Work (8-12 reps per exercise)
    Pec Deck, rest 10-20 seconds, Wide Grip Pushups(5 reps in stretch position, then 5 full reps) (repeated this sequence 4 times)
    Incline Wide Grip Barbell Press 5 reps in the stretch position, proceeded with 5 full reps, rest 30 seconds, repeat 2 more times
    Flat Dumbbell Press 1 drop set

-Stretch Fascia
    DB Fly stretch 2x30 seconds

**Notes**
    -This workout kicked my ass
    -GREAT improvements in only 1 week!
    -Pumps much better than last week!
    -2 scoops ASGT pre
    -Trained after 1 meal (3 drive caps with that meal)
    -2 SLINshot caps 15 mins before 1st meal
    -Alpha mentality is here. Heck yes. PLACEBO!!! YOUR 19 ITS A PLACEBO!!!!........haha! Beast mode pimp.
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  19. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.

Nice work outs man. Glad your are liking SLINshot and the Recycle.

SLINshot, & I've said it before is pretty much like a staple 4 me.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Nice work outs man. Glad your are liking SLINshot and the Recycle.

SLINshot, & I've said it before is pretty much like a staple 4 me.
    You were not kidding man, SLINshot is the real deal! Man, today's workout made me excited, gaining this fast....and im noticing im already leaning down aswell...expect 360+ on the bench at 7 percent bodyfat within 7 weeks!! haha
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  21. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.

You were not kidding man, SLINshot is the real deal! Man, today's workout made me excited, gaining this fast....and im noticing im already leaning down aswell...expect 360+ on the bench at 7 percent bodyfat within 7 weeks!! haha
    Kill it. & yeah when it comes to Purus, I don't bullshyt.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

6/2/12 PM workout

-30-40 mins of cardio (basketball, so a mixture of various intensity)
    -1 Fat Free cap before cardio session, man...I thought I was going to be super out of shape, I actually did pretty good!
    -Horrible digestion day....gonna put down 1-2 cups of Green Tea so I can shyt my brains out lol.
    -Cheat Meal later tonight, gonna take like 4 SLINshot caps for this one!
    -Ughh that "flat" appearance from doing cardio gets in my head too much, I need to man the F up and stop whinning! Im only a week into it, Grow time!
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Took 4 SLINshot caps 30 mins before my cheat meal.....my chest / arms are blowing up, this feeling is awesome!
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Looking for remedies to help your sleep quality? Article of the day! (a little passage from invigorate360's website)

7 Proven Natural Solutions for Better Sleep

Insomnia Solutions

Insomnia solutions can be crucial if you suffer from this condition
    Many different herbs can be useful for improving sleep
    Using a natural sleep aid can prevent harmful side effects that drugs can have

Chamomile Herb

1. Chamomile Herb

Chamomile has been used for centuries for improving sleep, as well as many other conditions. This tea helps to relax you and relieve both stress and muscle tenseness. The chamomile plant has flowers, and the entire plant including the flowers can be used. This herbal remedy does not have to be used regularly, like St. John’s Wort, to work. As soon as you start to suffer from insomnia, drink a hot cup of chamomile tea, and see what a difference it makes. You can also have a cup around thirty minutes before bedtime to prevent insomnia altogether and go to sleep right away.
    Peppermint Tea

2. Peppermint Tea

Peppermint tea is one of the best insomnia solutions you can find. This tea will work on insomnia caused by just about anything, from stress to a cold and anything in between. Peppermint is very relaxing and calming, and helps to soothe your mind and body both. This remedy can eliminate not only sleeplessness but also any physical aches and pains you may have, such as cramping, an upset stomach, or a headache. After drinking this tea, you will be calm and relaxed, and ready for sleep.
    St. John's Wort Herb

3. St. John’s Wort Herb

St. John’s Wort is an herb known for improving sleep and eliminating any insomnia you may have. This herbal remedy also works for depression, and this condition can also cause insomnia and sleep disturbances. The herb can help improve your sleep patterns and inhibits the reuptake of serotonin in your brain. For the best results, this herb should be taken regularly, because it may take a few weeks for the maximum benefits and effectiveness. Because of the sedative effect this herb can have, use caution until you know how it will affect you.
    5HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophan Amino Acid)

4. 5HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophan Amino Acid)

5HTP is an amino acid that your body produces, and it is a building block for serotonin in your brain. Without an adequate amount of serotonin, insomnia can occur because your body does not receive the signals needed to shut down into sleep mode. Taking this supplement will ensure that you have enough of the needed neurotransmitters in your brain so that improving sleep becomes a reality. This is one of the most natural insomnia solutions available, and can be very helpful in treating insomnia for many people.
    Calcium, Magnesium and Zinc

5. Calcium, Magnesium and Zinc (CMZ)

CMZ is a natural sleep aid that allows you to get into a deeper REM sleep, and stay there longer. All three of these essential nutrients are needed by your body for good sleep and tissue repair. Taking a calcium, magnesium, and zinc supplement each day can help you get to sleep and stay that way. These nutrients are also needed for muscle relaxation, which is also critical for a good night’s rest. Taking these supplements can help you stop insomnia naturally without any drugs or other substances which can have harmful side effects.
    Gaba

6. Gaba (Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid)

Gaba, also known as gamma-aminobutyric acid, is a natural sleep aid that can help as one of the insomnia solutions available if you have trouble getting to sleep. This substance is a neurotransmitter in your brain that is responsible for balancing your inhibitions and excitement. When this neurotransmitter is activated it naturally makes you want to go to sleep. Taking a Gaba supplement will help you resolve any insomnia you may be experiencing. With this remedy, you are taking a supplement which is also made naturally by your body.
    Melatonin

7. Melatonin

Melatonin is another natural sleep aid, one that is also produced in your body by your pineal gland. This hormone helps your body control your sleep cycles, and it peaks at night and subsides in the early morning. Since it starts the sleep cycle for your body, taking a supplement about a half an hour before bed can help you get to sleep faster and stay that way longer through the night. Many doctors will advise this remedy first, before trying stronger methods, to cue your body at night that it is time to go to sleep.http://www.invigorate360.com/reviews...s-should-know/

"TheHardOne's" take on this

-If you do have insomnia, find the problem that is causing insomnia first!

-Could be stress, stimulants, or too much bright lights before bed that can be hindering your sleep.

-Go to a Doctor? Remember, Doctors will prescribe you with a drug and "hope for the best". Research, trial and error will be your best bet.

^^^Little harsh on Doc's are ya HardOne? Not at all! My T levels are starting to go through the roof, ill try to control the harsh statements lol.
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  25. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHardOne View Post
    6/2/12 Chest

-Neural Charge Complex (jump deadlifts, military presses, clean and press complex)

-High Threshold Work 3021 tempo
    Flat Bench Press
    135x15
    185x3
    235x3 (oh thank god, last week only could do 225 for 1 rep)
    255x2
    275x1
    295x1
    305x1 (I know im trying to to regain my muscle/strength, but this is a incredible jump in strength in a week.... )

-Maximum Pump Work (8-12 reps per exercise)
    Pec Deck, rest 10-20 seconds, Wide Grip Pushups(5 reps in stretch position, then 5 full reps) (repeated this sequence 4 times)
    Incline Wide Grip Barbell Press 5 reps in the stretch position, proceeded with 5 full reps, rest 30 seconds, repeat 2 more times
    Flat Dumbbell Press 1 drop set

-Stretch Fascia
    DB Fly stretch 2x30 seconds

**Notes**
    -This workout kicked my ass
    -GREAT improvements in only 1 week!
    -Pumps much better than last week!
    -2 scoops ASGT pre
    -Trained after 1 meal (3 drive caps with that meal)
    -2 SLINshot caps 15 mins before 1st meal
    -Alpha mentality is here. Heck yes. PLACEBO!!! YOUR 19 ITS A PLACEBO!!!!........haha! Beast mode pimp.
    I am on high threshold workouts for 4 days now, started on wednesday, and I can tell you that now my body is sayin **** U MAN! All banged up. Today is sunday and a well deserved rest day. I had to had 2 dirty meals yesterday late night and one today in the morning.... Working like this could be awesome if one has all the nutrition his body needs... Great going man, keep it up
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by zubda345 View Post
    I am on high threshold workouts for 4 days now, started on wednesday, and I can tell you that now my body is sayin **** U MAN! All banged up. Today is sunday and a well deserved rest day. I had to had 2 dirty meals yesterday late night and one today in the morning.... Working like this could be awesome if one has all the nutrition his body needs... Great going man, keep it up
    Motha ******! Why you write in pink. Pink is pimp, honestly....can I type in pink, and you type in a different color? lol Lets trade text color's yeah? I never thought writing in pink looked so awesome.

And those calories in!
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

6/3/12 Post Chain

-High Threshold Work (deadlifts from the knees)
    135x5
    225x3
    315x3
    405x2
    500x1
    550x1 (straps can barely hold this)

-Maximum Pump Work
    Glute Ham Raises 4x8-12 (30 sec rest periods)

**Notes**
    -Looks like im going to stop the lower rep high threshold work, I was thinking ahead of time, im going to be using some heavy ass weights in the near future, honestly this kind of training just isn't my taste. The mindset you have to have once you get to pressing 350-400+, deadlifting and squatting 500-600+ is completely different than using a weight that is 200-300 pounds lighter, and most days, I just don't have that mindset. Plus I never have a trusty spotter, my straps can barely hold 500 pounds, and I love squats, but with higher reps, Low Intensity, Heavy weights just isn't for me. This will be a good decision long term aswell for spinal health. I can still overload my muscles with higher reps, using alot of intensity techniques such as rest pausing, drop sets, forced negatives, which is the style I love training! Fill the muscle up with as much blood, stimulate various growth factors. I mean using heavy weight low reps, is technically the most "optimal" way for myofibrillar hypertrophy, but if using more of a sarcoplasmic hypertrophy wasn't the way to go, then all your bodybuilders would be tiny / not impressive, the guys who use more of a myo hypertrophy protocol don't have that "wow" factor. (yes I know drug use plays a huge role)
    -Im looking to not only get bigger, but also make sure every muscle is developed to its potential shape wise.
    -2 scoops asgt pre
    -3 drive caps pre
    -4 recycle caps pre
    -Everything staggered 15-20 mins apart for my pre workout protocol
    -Pump was not there, another downfall of training heavy / low reps, your training frequency has to be lowered to ensure your CNS stays fired up instead of burned out. When your CNS is starting to reach that fatigued state, overall performance will decrease, your pumps will suffer, your body will basically be in a more catabolic state.
    -I love intensity, im sorry but yes, Science rules, but alot of the things that "are not" suppose to work, end up working better than what is "scientifically" proven, experts hate to hear that, but belief / reality are strong weapons. I have honestly lacked "belief" ever since I started getting back in the gym, get ready folks, Super Growth Time!
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Turning 20 this week! Yikes!
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  29. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  270 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Looking good man, sweet article for sleep. Higher Threshhold workouts are a real mind F*Ck sometimes. You really have to be focused and not be distracted, but all in all solid numbers dude

RECOVERBRO

30. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHardOne View Post
    Motha ******! Why you write in pink. Pink is pimp, honestly....can I type in pink, and you type in a different color? lol Lets trade text color's yeah? I never thought writing in pink looked so awesome.

And those calories in!
    LOL Yeah man, U got the pink... I got urz... Consider it your 20th birthday gift! lol
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by zubda345 View Post
    LOL Yeah man, U got the pink... I got urz... Consider it your 20th birthday gift! lol
    Pink is my mine. Thanks!
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by JoHNnyNuTZ View Post
    Looking good man, sweet article for sleep. Higher Threshhold workouts are a real mind F*Ck sometimes. You really have to be focused and not be distracted, but all in all solid numbers dude
    Heck yes! My mind just cannot find that motivation for picking up anything 500-600+. Ill still train really heavy, just around that 10 range.
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  33. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

this log gives me a "HardOne"
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  34. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  35. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Easy now fellas! lol

OKC in San Antonio tonight, who wins this series?

I say OKC, they are literally a "perfect" team.
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  36. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

**Update** 6/4/12

-Turning 20 tomorrow
    -Fuark!!! Looking in the mirror today, I couldn't help it, I was looking so much bigger, wait until the start of week 3 when the gains sky rocket!
    -Cell Phone making my skin look very light which makes me look like crap lol-

-Quads Pic-

-People use to call me Quadzilla....not yet folks! Im getting there though!
    -A little over a week into it
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  37. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.

Happy b day.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  38. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    LMAO! hahahaha lol
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

6/5/12 Arms

-Pre Pump work without fatiguing

-High threshold Work + Intensity Techniques (4021 tempo)
    Closer Grip Elbows Flared Bench Press
    135x6
    185x5
    235x3
    255x2
    305x4 Rest for 15 seconds, 2 more reps+1 forced negative, Drop weight by 70 pounds, 3-4 reps+ 1-2 forced negatives

Wide Grip Ez-Bar Curls
    40x6
    50x6
    70x6
    80x7, Rest 15 seconds, 3 more reps, Drop weight 30 pounds, 3-5 more reps

-Maximum Pump Work
    Complex (40 second rest periods between supersets)
    A1. Hammer Curls
    A2. Overhead Ez-Bar Extensions
    Repeat 3 times, 8-12 reps each
    B1. Incline DB Curls
    B2. One Arm Db Extensions
    Repeat 2 times, 8-12 reps each

**Notes**
    -3 scoops of ASGT......oh my lol. A little too much for me.
    -Trained first thing in morning
    -Thanks to all who wishes me a Happy B Day! Im so thankful I still have my parents, a place to live, enough to eat, thats all that matters.
    -This is my style of training, I love the intensity, had a good pump going after my high threshold work, then started chatting with a friend for like 15 mins lol, so yeah the maximum pump work kinda backfired. Lesson learned.
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
  40. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.

6/5/12 Arms

-Pre Pump work without fatiguing

-High threshold Work + Intensity Techniques (4021 tempo)
    Closer Grip Elbows Flared Bench Press
    135x6
    185x5
    235x3
    255x2
    305x4 Rest for 15 seconds, 2 more reps+1 forced negative, Drop weight by 70 pounds, 3-4 reps+ 1-2 forced negatives

Wide Grip Ez-Bar Curls
    40x6
    50x6
    70x6
    80x7, Rest 15 seconds, 3 more reps, Drop weight 30 pounds, 3-5 more reps

-Maximum Pump Work
    Complex (40 second rest periods between supersets)
    A1. Hammer Curls
    A2. Overhead Ez-Bar Extensions
    Repeat 3 times, 8-12 reps each
    B1. Incline DB Curls
    B2. One Arm Db Extensions
    Repeat 2 times, 8-12 reps each

**Notes**
    -3 scoops of ASGT......oh my lol. A little too much for me.
    -Trained first thing in morning
    -Thanks to all who wishes me a Happy B Day! Im so thankful I still have my parents, a place to live, enough to eat, thats all that matters.
    -This is my style of training, I love the intensity, had a good pump going after my high threshold work, then started chatting with a friend for like 15 mins lol, so yeah the maximum pump work kinda backfired. Lesson learned.
    Good job?
    No birthday break?
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP

Similar Forum Threads

1. Purus Labs SLINshot
    By AaronJP1 in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 04-20-2012, 06:28 PM
  2. Replies: 84
    Last Post: 10-21-2010, 11:53 PM
  3. Recycle with Purus Labs
    By Grambo in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 08-23-2010, 09:01 PM