Capt has cake, and he's...drinking it? iForce RVC Protean Review

CaptHowdy5150

CaptHowdy5150

Awards
  • Established
398919_3986128336799_1388513709_4813682_223497349_n.jpg

Huuuuuuge thanks to Vaughn and iForce Nutrition for sending me a 2lb tub of the new Red Velvet Cake Protean to try out.

First Impressions: When this came in, I pulled the tub out of the box and checked out the label. Gotta give props to iForce on the label, most protein supps don't have the level of info that iForce gives you. Then, the moment I'd been waiting for....I opened the tub. As soon as the smell hit my nose, the heavens opened up and angels began singing as the sweet smell of cake batter assaulted my senses immediately making my mouth water. I didn't have any milk, so I put two scoops in 10oz of water and mixed in my shaker cup. It mixed very easily with no clumps. I took a small sip to get a feel for the taste, and was not disappointed. You definitely get that flavor of red velvet cake. It's sweet, but not too sweet and bordering on perfect. Some protein drinks I have to chug down, but this one is too good to drink that quickly.

Mixability: 10
Smell: 10
Taste: 10
Texture: 10
Profile: 9. I like the low calories, low fat and low sugar, but could have taken more protein content per serving.
Overall: 9.5

iForce Nutrition definitely hit it out of the park with Red Velvet Cake Protean and it makes me want to try the other flavors of Protean. I have used RVC Protean to make pancakes and brownies and plan to make some ice cream with it soon. It works very well mixing in those batters and makes protein snacks all the more enjoyable.
533081_3979048719813_1388513709_4809655_210589818_n.jpg

RVC Protean pancakes.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
epic review sir! Thank you very much for this!

CaptHowdy5150

CaptHowdy5150

Awards
  • Established
epic review sir! Thank you very much for this!
You are welcome, and thank you for the product. I'll be adding a few more updates to this before it's over.

CaptHowdy5150

CaptHowdy5150

Awards
  • Established
How'd you make this. It looks delicious :O
Calories - 374
Protein - 58
Carbs - 32
Fat - 10
Sugar - 8

3 Egg whites
1 whole egg
2 scoops Protean
1 package instant oatmeal

Put ingredients in blender and blend into liquid mixture. Then pour into skillet sprayed with non stick cooking spray and cook like normal pancakes.
I used a small skillet and got 3 good sized pancakes out of it. You can always add more ingredients for added/different flavor. I've used peanut butter with chocolate protein pancakes, it's up to you.

natandrb

natandrb

Awards
Please explain how you make ice-cream out of this stuff. That sounds absolutely amazing!

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Please explain how you make ice-cream out of this stuff. That sounds absolutely amazing!
I bought an ice cream machine at Costco for $22.99.

I used:

3 cups coconut milk
3.5 scoops Protean
1/2 cup pineapple chunks
1 tsp cinnamon

let it run for 25-30 mins...and BOOM icecream.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
How were the pancakes?

I had some RVC pancakes this morning....
Not iForce style though... If I ever get a tub of this stuff though I may have to try my hand @ making some pancakes.

roblasane

roblasane

Awards
I bought an ice cream machine at Costco for $22.99.

I used:

3 cups coconut milk
3.5 scoops Protean
1/2 cup pineapple chunks
1 tsp cinnamon

let it run for 25-30 mins...and BOOM icecream.
I did the same - with VMS minus the pineapple chunks. It's very close to bryers vanilla chip.

CaptHowdy5150

CaptHowdy5150

Awards
  • Established
If you don't have an ice cream maker, you can do it with ziploc bags. Search Google or Youtube for "Protein Ice Cream" and you'll find instructions on how to make it that way.

How were the pancakes?

I had some RVC pancakes this morning....
Not iForce style though... If I ever get a tub of this stuff though I may have to try my hand @ making some pancakes.
Pancakes were delicious. I wish I would have had some red food coloring to accentuate the red in red velvet...LOL

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
pancakes looked awesome, going to be trying that among a lot of other interesting recipes people have posted.

what else do you have planned as far as recipes??

CaptHowdy5150

CaptHowdy5150

Awards
  • Established
pancakes looked awesome, going to be trying that among a lot of other interesting recipes people have posted.

what else do you have planned as far as recipes??
Thanks man. For right now, just ice cream. Possibly find some others before the tub is gone.

CaptHowdy5150

CaptHowdy5150

Awards
  • Established
Just thought I'd add that two scoops of RVC Protean in 10oz of milk is just about the best thing I've ever drank. Consistency is the perfect mixture of thickness yet still easy to pour and swallow with no clumps.

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
Just thought I'd add that two scoops of RVC Protean in 10oz of milk is just about the best thing I've ever drank. Consistency is the perfect mixture of thickness yet still easy to pour and swallow with no clumps.
sometimes the simplest things are best lol, gotta love a good shake over fancy recipes sometimes

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Nice review! It's nice having a flavour that is so versatile with all these different preparation methods.

CaptHowdy5150

CaptHowdy5150

Awards
  • Established
Well, I never got around to making ice cream. But if everything goes well, today I will be making RVC Protean Cheesecake. I will update with results, recipe, pics, macros and review. I'm looking forward to this one, even though it'll be the last of my tub.

CaptHowdy5150

CaptHowdy5150

Awards
  • Established
Alright guys, I finally have my cheesecake update. It's pretty delicious.

102_1061.JPG

102_1062.JPG

Macro's:*834 calories; 123g Protein, 63g Carbs, 10g Fat

12oz - Fat Free Philadelphia Cream Cheese
10oz - ***e 0% Fat Free Greek Yogurt
2 whole eggs
3/4 Cup - Granulated Splenda
1/4 Cup - 1% Milk
1.25 Scoop - RVC Protean
1 tsp - Vanilla Extract
1/4 tsp - Kosher salt

Directions: All ingredients at room temperature.

1. Preheat Oven to 325 - Prepare 6" cake pan with non-stick spray and parchment paper in the bottom.
2. Cream Cheese in mixer - mix on medium until creamy - scrape sides of bowl down.
3. Add splenda - mix on medium until incorporated - scrape sides of bowl down.
4. Add eggs one at a time while on medium. Again...scrape.
5. Add the rest of the ingredients - mix on medium for 3 minutes.*
6. Pour in pan - extra batter in mouth - yum.
7. Bake at 325 for 30 minutes. Turn oven to 200 for 50min - 1 hour. Remove and let cool on the counter. Wrap and refrigerate overnight.

CaptHowdy5150

CaptHowdy5150

Awards
  • Established
so...much...want...
Haha, I messed up and didn't let it completely finish setting, but it's still so good. This Protean is versatile.