Vanilla Mint Protean from iForce--An ongoing review

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So it finally got here today. Vanilla Mint Swirl. First off big thanks to everyone on the iForce team. I even popped on my iForce t for the first tasting.

Profile: I definitely like this profile. 20 grams of protein per serving which is perfect for post-workout or really any time. 6.5 grams of carbs is just under the threshold of what I want as a low carber in a protein I want to use more often. 120 calories per serving sits right there with most others.
http://www.tigerfitness.com/v/vspfiles/assets/images/protean supp facts.jpg

Here's a picture of the powder in the tub:

Protean powder.jpg

The smell hits you as you open the bottle. It's lovely.

Mixability: I use a blender bottle with a whisk in the bottom but I think any old shaker cup would do. For my first serving I used 4 oz. of water and two ice cubes. A couple nice shakes and it was ready. Here's a top view of the Protean in a glass:

Protein glass.jpg

Taste: I gotta disagree with all the others, this tastes like used tire. Ok of course not. By now you know iForce has a winner with this flavor. No one has said otherwise yet. It's a simply fantastic taste. It's a subtle mint flavor, very similar to thin mint girl scout cookies or an Andes mint. Honestly I wanted to drink it slowly but I found myself chugging the first while...not chugging like usual with most powders cause I can't wait for it to be over, but chugging because I couldn't stop tasting the stuff. I'll admit I'm a huge sucker for all things mint, but if you even like mint a bit this is for you. It's absolutely delicious.

The rest of this log: I'm going to use the Protean in some different ways. I'll mix it in milk, with Greek Yogurt, and whatever else I can think of to put this to the test. I'll be updating this with thoughts on the different tastes as I mix it with more than just water. I can already tell you after just one serving; if you're on the fence get off. It's freaking delicious stuff. I was looking for a new protein since Nutrapro seems to be out of stock for forever. I found it. I'm ordering a tub tonight. I only have two questions: Why isn't this flavor at Nutraplanet yet and when can I get this bad boy in 4 pounds instead of 2?

An absolute home run product and the best protein powder I've ever tried. I've only downed one serving and I am already borderline craving this stuff. I think I'll go have another :)

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i have yet to try it but i will one day!!! i would make my own weight gainer and add vanilla ice cream and a banana and some other stuff. imagine the taste with all that!!! iForce owns for sure

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
great review, and looking forward to see what you do with it

personally, especially with the vanilla mint, mixing it with around a cup of greek yogurt, thrown in the freezer for about 30-45 minutes is awesome. protean ice cream ftw

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Welcome guys. Started my morning off with some VMS....and I'm on lean gains! Simply couldn't wait.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
awesome initial review :) excited to see some more recipes

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mixing with milk later today for a vanilla mint milkshake!

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
vanilla mint protean milkshake > mcdonalds shamrock shake

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
bump for updates

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I definitely need to update this. I'll give a proper update with some pictures later in the day.

*Spoiler Alert*

It still rocks.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I've now mixed the Protean with milk. I used to mix all my shakes with milk but don't anymore as I'm cutting...but I just wanted to try this out. As expected it's amazing. I haven't had one of those McShamrock shakes or whatever everyone always talks about, but let's compare the two in terms of macro nutrient profile:

Protean shake (mixed with skim milk) (8 oz)-

Calories- 206
Protein- 28 grams
Carbs- 18.5 grams
Fat- 4 grams

Shamrock shake-

Calories- 530
Protein- 10 grams
Carbs- 84 grams
Fat- 17 grams

I know which one I'd pick every time.

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
So I've now mixed the Protean with milk. I used to mix all my shakes with milk but don't anymore as I'm cutting...but I just wanted to try this out. As expected it's amazing. I haven't had one of those McShamrock shakes or whatever everyone always talks about, but let's compare the two in terms of macro nutrient profile:

Calories- 206
Protein- 28 grams
Carbs- 18.5 grams
Fat- 4 grams

Shamrock shake-

Calories- 530
Protein- 10 grams
Carbs- 84 grams
Fat- 17 grams

the shamrock shake right? :D but pretty cool how you did that direct macro comparison, and given that it feels like youre cheating on your diet with a vms shake, i'd say vanilla mint protean ftw

PuZo

Awards
  • Established

Calories- 206
Protein- 28 grams
Carbs- 18.5 grams
Fat- 4 grams

Shamrock shake-

Calories- 530
Protein- 10 grams
Carbs- 84 grams
Fat- 17 grams

Boom goes the dynamite :D

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards

Calories- 206
Protein- 28 grams
Carbs- 18.5 grams
Fat- 4 grams

Shamrock shake-

Calories- 530
Protein- 10 grams
Carbs- 84 grams
Fat- 17 grams

Wow look at all those carbs! Yea you better choose wisely ;-)

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow look at all those carbs! Yea you better choose wisely ;-)
The thing is it isn't like you're sacrificing taste for a better profile as is usually the case. VMS with milk is just straight delicious. I'm getting ready to order multiple tubs.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Only 10g of protein in a shamrock shake? Pshh, ill take 4 please!

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Back from a little mini-vacation at my parents lake house. The next thing to try will be chocolate milk and greek yogurt. Need to go shopping first though :)

Ordered two tubs already though!

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Back from a little mini-vacation at my parents lake house. The next thing to try will be chocolate milk and greek yogurt. Need to go shopping first though :)

Ordered two tubs already though!
Hope you enjoy the Greek yogurt as much as I do! 1 cup mixed with 1 scoop VMS is to die for!

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
I'm really going to have to try to pick some of this up soon. This flavor sounds awesome!

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm really going to have to try to pick some of this up soon. This flavor sounds awesome!
You will not be disappointed!

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
Hope you enjoy the Greek yogurt as much as I do! 1 cup mixed with 1 scoop VMS is to die for!
^this x1000. so simple yet so delectable :)

and larry, don't think anyone can possibly enjoy that combo as much as you lol

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I feel like a fat kid and cake lol