iForce Protean Red Velvet Cake

TheHardOne

TheHardOne

Awards
Big thanks to the iForce crew for hooking me up once again!

So what is iForce's Protean? (red velvet cake flavor)

* "Protean™ uses an optimal blend of Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Hydrolysate, Milk Protein Isolate, and Micellar Casein"

* What did I expect?
-Average mixability with a bunch of clumps on the bottom like your usual protein blend
-Poor taste, common...im being real here, 99.8 percent of protein powders on the market taste bad!
-Aid in recovery (obviously!)

*Mixability (surprisingly 10/10!)
-Very surprised here, NO CLUMPS AT THE BOTTOM! Wow, wasn't expecting this, hey first time for everything right?

*Taste (6.5/10)
-Wow the first protein shake that didn't have a "bad" taste! But at the same time it wasn't a good taste either! lol Lets just say its "drinkable". It taste like a touch of chocolate, ive never had red velvet cake before so I can't comment on the red velvet taste. Pretty much a "drinkable" chocolate shake, more so on the good tasting side. Obviously could of tasted better if they used "fillers", but the goal of drinking a protein shake is too aid in recovery, not to moan about the taste right?

*Amino Acid Quality(profile) (10/10)
-This is a mix of a blend of Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Hydrolysate, Milk Protein Isolate, and Micellar Casein. So this is great to use literally any time of the day! I don't know the exact amino acid profile on it but a iForce rep gave me a guestimation on how much leucine is in per scoop which he said was around 3 grams, which is plenty to jack of protein synthesis.

*Amount per scoop (6/10)
-20g of protein is enough to jack up protein synthesis but I would still like more in 1 scoop just to help me economically.

*Who I recommend this for?
-Any athletes!
-Anyone that moans about taste...lol (this doesn't taste necessarily bad, but it is "drinkable" for me, so if someone asks me whether its a bad or good tasting product, i'd say its more on the good tasting side)

*Overall 9/10 (only flaws is the amount per scoop / "ok" taste)

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice review!. Most protein powders I use only have 2 or 3 more grams protein per scoop.

TheHardOne

TheHardOne

Awards
Nice review!. Most protein powders I use only have 2 or 3 more grams protein per scoop.
True, its quality or quantity with iForce which is awesome.

P

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
True, its quality or quantity with iForce which is awesome.
Those few extra grams realistically won't do much in the long run. Sure it all adds up, but we get soo focused on precise amounts when we don't realize our chicken, meat or peanut butter will not always have the exact amount that is on the label do to various sizes and improperly weighing etc.

TheHardOne

TheHardOne

Awards
Those few extra grams realistically won't do much in the long run. Sure it all adds up, but we get soo focused on precise amounts when we don't realize our chicken, meat or peanut butter will not always have the exact amount that is on the label do to various sizes and improperly weighing etc.
Agreed, I guess the world we live in now we all expect more...more..and more! lol