Lean Bulk with IGF-2/DAA/Anabeta

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  183 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.06%

Lean Bulk with IGF-2/DAA/Anabeta

Review of Anabeta, DAA, IGF-2 (Unsponsored)

Took me a while to get this finished...well it is my first stack/log, criticize away! All suggestions welcome.

Thanks to R1balla for helping me with this stack back in March. I've been lifting on and off for about 8 years, not really serious until about 2 years ago. Made some decent gains, at least for my size, and then decided to supplement this year. Started off by looking hard at diet, macros, and workout routine itself; once those were squared away, looked at adding in some basic supplements! Multivitamin, creatine (initially more on that later), fish oil, whey....

In late Feb decided to try out IGF-2 (AppNut), after 4 weeks, added in DAA and Anabeta. I like taking things one at a time to see how they affect me, which worked out well for me with this stack, next time I will start all ingredients at the same time.

Here's a quick breakdown of how this ran: March-April-IGF-2 solo; April to May-IGF-2, Anabeta, DAA; May to present-Anabeta, DAA. I will list a week-by-week review of this run here, to be continued until the end, and probably bridge into a Fat Free/Drive log in te next few weeks (hopefully).

A lot of these notes I jotted in the workout notebook, going off of these and memory.

Height 6'

Starting weight 174lbs

Don't have BF measurements, on the handheld BF scanner thngs it says I am 12% BF, for what its worth.

Diet: My wife and I eat out approx 3-4 times per month. Otherwise I cook my a$$ off, we go through 20-25 lbs chicken breast per month. We have steak about 2 days a week, and I buy about 10-15 dozen eggs a month. Pantry is stocked with WW pasta, jasmine/basmati rice, white rice as well, tons of frozen vegetables and fruit. Only use EVOO or some flavored olive oils. Majority of our food is minimally processed.

Supplement regimen: 4caps IGF-2 on waking on empty stomach, 45 min later breakfast with MVI, 4 caps DAA, Anabeta/fish oil on nontraining days. Anabeta with meals throughout day, 4caps IGF-2 at bedtime. On training days, 2 caps anabeta with preworkout drink, 2 caps after workout with fish oil and a meal. BCAA's pre/intraworkout, and throughout day on nontraining days.

On to the mini-log!

Week 1: Igf-2 solo. Did not notice anything really this week, ate like a horse though. Sleep was poor due to my son starting to teeth, he sleeps bad we all sleep bad. No changes in the gym, using a 5/3/1 basic program after deloading/restarting with 1 month of rippetoe's Start Strength.

Week 2: SLight increases in the gym, per the 5/3/1 recommendations, noticing a slightly fuller look, could be from the food. For only getting 4-5 hours of sleep per night, not doing too bad!

Week 3: Up 3 pounds overall, libido and sleep totally crap, hunger is way up tho. Making an effort to sleep more to see if more positive effects of IGF_2 can be felt. Gains at gym? Not so much. Probably due to sleep imbalances. Also, cutting out creatine mono, not enough benefits to counter the ridiculous GI bloat/flatulence. May try mag reatine chelate in future.

Week 4: Libido totally shot, not sure why, still strong at the gym but feeling like 'm losing muscle mass (a subjective opinion, overall weight is stiall at +4 lbs from start). Sleep is better, the baby is leeping 8-10 hours a night again !!!!! Ordered DAA and Anabeta, interested to see what happens wth these on board.

Week 5: At end of first week adding in DAA and Anabeta, hunger is up, libido is WAAAAAY up, strength remains the same, as last week was the programmed deload week in the 5/3/1 scheme. Sleep is much better, very deep. Muscles beginning to feel very full even on waking. Noticing some abd bloat, and abs washe dout in a.m.

Week 6: Strength continues to go up slightly on the 4 main lifts, as does my ability to eat eat eat and still have a recomp overall (waist stays the same, muscles stay full, vascularity is somewhat increased). Libido is banging along, my poor wife haha.

Week 7: Weight at 180 and holding some water now, probaly the DAA. ALso noticing some increased midsection fat, which I expected with all the food I am eating but I still don't like. Otherwise this week is in cruise control due to our schedule. Recovery is very good on this stack, no DOMS that have stood out to me.

Week 8: Last week before a deload and trip to Florida. As this is the heaviest week of the 5/3/1 program I will make some comments on all things gym related: I hate havign to ask randoms for a spot, makes me nervous. BP suffered this week because I ws the only one in the free weight section, pretty much old people, young girls, and the janitor in the gym. I find myself wanting to go heavier/add more volume witht he 5/3/1. I know it is supposed to be a long term commitment, but I am cntinually leaving the gym feeling like I could have done more. After the trip, may change the program.

Week 9: Back from Florida, finished up IGF-2. Somewhat flat/depleted due to only working out 3 times on the trip (we drove from Ohio to Naples, 16 hours one way). Worth it tho to see the ocean and take the baby swimming! Notes fromt his week-Sleep remains good, libido is up. Recovery, still great. Vascularity somewhat up, Weight at 181.

Week 10: Anabeta/DAA only. Changed my workout regimen to a 4 day split-chest/tri's, back/bi's, Shoulder/claes, day off, Quads/Hams/arms if needed, day off. I actually stole this from RickRock, so thanks bro. My notes from the gym look insanley cramped, endurance and strength are way up, libido is up but has levelled off. Weight stays at around 181.

Week 11: Now in the present time. Glad I switched up the routine, muscles are starting to grow again and seem to respond to a greater number of sets, such as DB OHP, Hammer iso-lat shoulder press, standing arnold press supersetted with DB lat raise, BB shrugs, followed by 20 min cardio. Added in hemavol pre/intraworkout, pumps are damn near painful now. Recovery is slower, noticing the difference in not taking the IGF-2 but sleep is still good, could be because life in general is good right now for my family and I.

From here on ou I will keep a daily log, bridging into a FatFree/Drive log as soon as those prodcuts come in- thanks to FW Freidel.
    Also will be posting a review of iForce Protean, redvelvetcake, which sounds like candied crack in whey form haha

Notes on IGF-2: Definitely a geat poduct. I believe it needs to be run for at least 2 bottles, 8 weeks minimum, to really get the full effect. 1 bottle didn't do enough, but by the end of the second it was great. Recomp effects, improved sleep, decreased DOMS, what more can I say? However, this is not a sleep aid. If the baby wants to wake up every 2 hours, you WILL feel like sh1t the next day. IGF-2 can't overcome sleep deprivation. So if you plan to run it, make sure you are able to get 8 hours sleep per night, otherwise you maybe wasting the potential benefits of the IGF-2.

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  183 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.06%

Apologies for spelling/grammar, MS word is being a d1ck today so had to use wordpad, and evidently I suck at self-editing.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  183 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.06%

Chest day
    Hemavol 1 scoop assault 1/2 scoop Anabeta x 2 preworkout. Feeling hungry to hit the weights...

BB BP 135 x 10 x 3, mainly for pec stretch, warmup. Facepulls/rotator cuff warmups done as well.

DB flat press 70 x 8, 75 x 7 (huge veins popping out in shoulders), 80 x 4, 85 x4 (pumps out the wazoo), 90 x 0, 0 (no spotters again today), 75 x 6.
    Inc Smith BB press Bar x 12, trying to manuever into proper position. Had to end workout at this point, my son decided to start screaming in the daycare and they evidently can't figure out how to calm a baby down lol. Usually he does great with people, absolutely loves to interact with kids, adults, etc even at 7 months. We call him "the Mayor", since he's like a politician on the campaign trail, always smiling and charming people. Once I picked him up, he stopped crying. Of course, soon as I put him down he started again, so workout=finished. Went home and did a crapload of pushups and flies, threw in some abs for the hell of it. Tomorrow is back day, going to take the kid to my mom's instead of the gym.

So, wasted day.
    -
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.09%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by sae2110 View Post
    Review of Anabeta, DAA, IGF-2 (Unsponsored)

Took me a while to get this finished...well it is my first stack/log, criticize away! All suggestions welcome.

Thanks to R1balla for helping me with this stack back in March. I've been lifting on and off for about 8 years, not really serious until about 2 years ago. Made some decent gains, at least for my size, and then decided to supplement this year. Started off by looking hard at diet, macros, and workout routine itself; once those were squared away, looked at adding in some basic supplements! Multivitamin, creatine (initially more on that later), fish oil, whey....

In late Feb decided to try out IGF-2 (AppNut), after 4 weeks, added in DAA and Anabeta. I like taking things one at a time to see how they affect me, which worked out well for me with this stack, next time I will start all ingredients at the same time.

Here's a quick breakdown of how this ran: March-April-IGF-2 solo; April to May-IGF-2, Anabeta, DAA; May to present-Anabeta, DAA. I will list a week-by-week review of this run here, to be continued until the end, and probably bridge into a Fat Free/Drive log in te next few weeks (hopefully).

A lot of these notes I jotted in the workout notebook, going off of these and memory.

Height 6'

Starting weight 174lbs

Don't have BF measurements, on the handheld BF scanner thngs it says I am 12% BF, for what its worth.

Diet: My wife and I eat out approx 3-4 times per month. Otherwise I cook my a$$ off, we go through 20-25 lbs chicken breast per month. We have steak about 2 days a week, and I buy about 10-15 dozen eggs a month. Pantry is stocked with WW pasta, jasmine/basmati rice, white rice as well, tons of frozen vegetables and fruit. Only use EVOO or some flavored olive oils. Majority of our food is minimally processed.

Supplement regimen: 4caps IGF-2 on waking on empty stomach, 45 min later breakfast with MVI, 4 caps DAA, Anabeta/fish oil on nontraining days. Anabeta with meals throughout day, 4caps IGF-2 at bedtime. On training days, 2 caps anabeta with preworkout drink, 2 caps after workout with fish oil and a meal. BCAA's pre/intraworkout, and throughout day on nontraining days.

On to the mini-log!

Week 1: Igf-2 solo. Did not notice anything really this week, ate like a horse though. Sleep was poor due to my son starting to teeth, he sleeps bad we all sleep bad. No changes in the gym, using a 5/3/1 basic program after deloading/restarting with 1 month of rippetoe's Start Strength.

Week 2: SLight increases in the gym, per the 5/3/1 recommendations, noticing a slightly fuller look, could be from the food. For only getting 4-5 hours of sleep per night, not doing too bad!

Week 3: Up 3 pounds overall, libido and sleep totally crap, hunger is way up tho. Making an effort to sleep more to see if more positive effects of IGF_2 can be felt. Gains at gym? Not so much. Probably due to sleep imbalances. Also, cutting out creatine mono, not enough benefits to counter the ridiculous GI bloat/flatulence. May try mag reatine chelate in future.

Week 4: Libido totally shot, not sure why, still strong at the gym but feeling like 'm losing muscle mass (a subjective opinion, overall weight is stiall at +4 lbs from start). Sleep is better, the baby is leeping 8-10 hours a night again !!!!! Ordered DAA and Anabeta, interested to see what happens wth these on board.

Week 5: At end of first week adding in DAA and Anabeta, hunger is up, libido is WAAAAAY up, strength remains the same, as last week was the programmed deload week in the 5/3/1 scheme. Sleep is much better, very deep. Muscles beginning to feel very full even on waking. Noticing some abd bloat, and abs washe dout in a.m.

Week 6: Strength continues to go up slightly on the 4 main lifts, as does my ability to eat eat eat and still have a recomp overall (waist stays the same, muscles stay full, vascularity is somewhat increased). Libido is banging along, my poor wife haha.

Week 7: Weight at 180 and holding some water now, probaly the DAA. ALso noticing some increased midsection fat, which I expected with all the food I am eating but I still don't like. Otherwise this week is in cruise control due to our schedule. Recovery is very good on this stack, no DOMS that have stood out to me.

Week 8: Last week before a deload and trip to Florida. As this is the heaviest week of the 5/3/1 program I will make some comments on all things gym related: I hate havign to ask randoms for a spot, makes me nervous. BP suffered this week because I ws the only one in the free weight section, pretty much old people, young girls, and the janitor in the gym. I find myself wanting to go heavier/add more volume witht he 5/3/1. I know it is supposed to be a long term commitment, but I am cntinually leaving the gym feeling like I could have done more. After the trip, may change the program.

Week 9: Back from Florida, finished up IGF-2. Somewhat flat/depleted due to only working out 3 times on the trip (we drove from Ohio to Naples, 16 hours one way). Worth it tho to see the ocean and take the baby swimming! Notes fromt his week-Sleep remains good, libido is up. Recovery, still great. Vascularity somewhat up, Weight at 181.

Week 10: Anabeta/DAA only. Changed my workout regimen to a 4 day split-chest/tri's, back/bi's, Shoulder/claes, day off, Quads/Hams/arms if needed, day off. I actually stole this from RickRock, so thanks bro. My notes from the gym look insanley cramped, endurance and strength are way up, libido is up but has levelled off. Weight stays at around 181.

Week 11: Now in the present time. Glad I switched up the routine, muscles are starting to grow again and seem to respond to a greater number of sets, such as DB OHP, Hammer iso-lat shoulder press, standing arnold press supersetted with DB lat raise, BB shrugs, followed by 20 min cardio. Added in hemavol pre/intraworkout, pumps are damn near painful now. Recovery is slower, noticing the difference in not taking the IGF-2 but sleep is still good, could be because life in general is good right now for my family and I.

From here on ou I will keep a daily log, bridging into a FatFree/Drive log as soon as those prodcuts come in- thanks to FW Freidel.
    Also will be posting a review of iForce Protean, redvelvetcake, which sounds like candied crack in whey form haha

Notes on IGF-2: Definitely a geat poduct. I believe it needs to be run for at least 2 bottles, 8 weeks minimum, to really get the full effect. 1 bottle didn't do enough, but by the end of the second it was great. Recomp effects, improved sleep, decreased DOMS, what more can I say? However, this is not a sleep aid. If the baby wants to wake up every 2 hours, you WILL feel like sh1t the next day. IGF-2 can't overcome sleep deprivation. So if you plan to run it, make sure you are able to get 8 hours sleep per night, otherwise you maybe wasting the potential benefits of the IGF-2.
    nice review man! very detailed. its great to see reviews like this. it will help others. if you liked this cycle and plan to take it again, i suggest taking all of it for 8 weeks. if you experienced midsection bloat/fat, it may be from the increased estrogen from the DAA so you may want to take an AI like Erase along with it. IGF 2 gives me deep sleep, but if something wakes you up, of course your gonna feel it the next day.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  183 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.06%

Quote Originally Posted by R1balla

nice review man! very detailed. its great to see reviews like this. it will help others. if you liked this cycle and plan to take it again, i suggest taking all of it for 8 weeks. if you experienced midsection bloat/fat, it may be from the increased estrogen from the DAA so you may want to take an AI like Erase along with it. IGF 2 gives me deep sleep, but if something wakes you up, of course your gonna feel it the next day.
    Thanks. Definitely got great sleep with the IGF 2 when I did get more than 5 hours a night. And definitely going run it all together for the full eight weeks if I do this stack again. As far as the bloat goes as long as it goes away when I stop taking DAA I'm fine with it for now.
    Life is cold, short, and brutal
    Training log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/207211-sae2110s-training-log.html
  6. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

IGF-2 is a great product for sure - the sleep quality and recovery re no DOMS is awesome!

AnaBeta is another gem.

Thanks for letting us know of your experience with both

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.09%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

like i said, the bloat/minimal fat gain in stomach area may b from the raise in estrogen from the DAA. take an AI with ur stack next time to see if results are different

Similar Forum Threads

1. wanna lean bulk with anabeta elite, erase, daa...
    By massolic in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-30-2012, 06:43 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-30-2011, 01:59 PM
  3. Lean gains: Natadrol, anabeta, at2 and Triazole.
    By Docmattic in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-24-2011, 01:14 AM
  4. AnaBeta Lean Gains Dosing
    By T50 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-02-2011, 05:53 PM
  5. Oatmeal meatloaf (lean Bulk/Bulk)
    By sundevil04 in forum Recipes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-05-2008, 12:15 AM