Mr.Cooper69 Logs the NEW Ergogenix ERGOBOLIC!

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Before getting this log off the ground, I'd like to extend my thanks to James, the Ergogenix Bossman, for sending me not one, but two bottles of the new ergobolic (not to mention the sickest company t-shirt I've seen to date). I will be running the first bottle by itself for the first month and then stacking the second bottle with Ergotest during month 2 to see what happens :D.

The Dosing

2 in the AM on an empty stomach, 2 in the PM with dinner

The Training

5/3/1 with assistance work of choice

My Stats and Goals

Weight: 178 lbs
HeightL 5'10"
BF%: 11-12% using photo-guides as my estimators
Goal: Get up to 180 lbs and then maintain/recomp thereafter

Diet
I have recently finished cutting + reverse dieting, so I'm ready to lift some dietary restrictions. First, I will not be tracking calories/macros on a daily basis, nor will I weigh foods. My hunger levels have normalized following my cut, so I will simply use my appetite as the judge and pick foods that aren't calorically dense or nutritionally sparse.

Other Supplements

Orange Triad
Orange Oximega Fish Oil
SNS Green Tea Extract (low-dosed for antioxidant support)
CEL Cycle Assist (half-dosed for antioxidant support)
SNS Magnesium Creatine Chelate
SNS Beta-alanine Caps
Genomyx Gut Health

Preworkout: EC + MAN Body Octane + SNS Citrulline Malate + 2g SNS COP

Ergobolic will be my only supplement outside of the basic ergogenics and overall health aides. My first dose will be tomorrow in the AM prior to my deadlift session. Let's see what happens...stay tuned!

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
i guess you got some BO...lol

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
you feel 2g pwo of cop is the recommended dose? ive been using 1 gram

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
i guess you got some BO...lol
Actually I had that (old version). I'm still going to get back to you about the rest of it...I'm pondering if it's worth it since SNS can essentially supply a BO homebrew.

you feel 2g pwo of cop is the recommended dose? ive been using 1 gram
2 grams is the minimum efficacious dose given the 60% oral bioavailability.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed and good luck

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
In!! This is gonna be highly educational :p and fun to see haha! Go for it coop!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks like I'm subbed

Let's see what can be done.
Oh btw, I'm jealous that you are no longer cutting....

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In, get em coop!

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Subbed and good luck
In!! This is gonna be highly educational :p and fun to see haha! Go for it coop!
good start , i'm in.
In for this.
In, get em coop!
Thanks guys, I'm already getting motivated with all of you here :D

Looks like I'm subbed

Let's see what can be done.
Oh btw, I'm jealous that you are no longer cutting....
Haha I don't look as good but I feel​ way better!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks guys, I'm already getting motivated with all of you here :D

Haha I don't look as good but I feel way better!
Haha. Still probably look better than me lol.
Regardless, good luck with this. Should be a fun run. I don't even know what is in that product but if you want it, it must have some merit. :)

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Haha. Still probably look better than me lol.
Regardless, good luck with this. Should be a fun run. I don't even know what is in that product but if you want it, it must have some merit. :)
I have been looking into momordica for quite some time as a fat loss agent, but perhaps even more intriguing is the Sutherlandia.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm in here!

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In.
Question. Why is black tea extract listed twice?
And any idea how much bitter melon?

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Party::

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Jonbero

Jonbero

Awards
In.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Well. You? Good to see a respected AM member like yourself actually logging

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Time for me to learn. Sub'd.

theniteman

theniteman

Awards
Sub'd to see whats up with this supp... Good luck Coop! :)

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm here, gonna get my log on soon as well!!!!

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Glad to see all of you here. I just got back home right now (2 AM) and tomorrow is an off-day anyway so I'll post a real in-depth update tomorrow. It's been a very draining day, but I couldn't think of a better day for Ergobolic to shine in :D.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Unsubbed

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Days 1-2 (5/14-5/15)

As a brief background, let me start by saying that 5/14 was my first day getting back into the swing of things. With finals week and graduation out of the way, I have more free time to focus on BBing. This was my first workout using moderately heavy weight in 2 weeks, as I am going through a couple ailments right now: I have been recovering from a torn pec minor for the past 5 months, and I have numerous stress fractures in my shin/ankle area (a combination of genetics and cardio). At some point in the summer, I will have to have an operation done which will leave me out of commission for 2 months, so I had a rather poor mindset that why even hit the gym hard at all if I stand to "lose" much of my progress. Well rather than keeling over and bitching out, I decided I'm going to work my way back into my normal routine, and with the extra motivation provided by Ergobolic and this log, I will power through the next 2 months.

Now that I'm bulking again without a caloric limit, I've increased the volume of my 5/3/1 sessions tremendously. My strength has dropped a ton on numerous lifts due to injury recovery and school (my bench press dropped about 50 lbs in the 5 months since my tear...chest has atrophied too which sucks :(; DL dropped 30 lbs, Squat 30 lbs, Military Press 10 lbs), but with proper nutrition in place, I hope to make some strides.

5/3/1 Macrocycle 5, A1 - Deadlift Day

Weight: 172 lbs (more on this below, I think EC + Cardio shed massive amounts of water)

Core Work:

Deadlift

275x5
320x5
360x7

Assistance Work:

Deadlift

355x5
355x5
355x5

Good Morning

135x8
135x8
135x8

DB Walking Lunges

70sx6
70sx6
70sx6
70sx6
70sx6

Cable Crunches

110x9
110x9
110x8
110x8

Hanging Leg Raises

BWxfailure
BWxfailure
BWxfailure

Standing Calf Raises

140x12

Seated Leg Curl

100x12

Cardio:

LISS
7.0 MPH, 0 incline for 20 minutes

Workout Notes:

-Not pleased with my deadlift killer set as I was hoping for more reps, but I'm happy to at least put up a fight.
-Weight after cardio was 172 lbs! EC was my preworkout choice, and I was dripping sweat by the end of the cardio, so it looks like I lost a decent bit of water.
-Threw in a couple random exercises at the end because I wanted to try out some new equipment as I have just switched gyms. I'm currently going to LA fitness, and on Day 1 they told me I had to put my chalk in the locker because its use is forbidden.
-I was recently cleared to bench press again so I will be doing that next training session.
-I try to incorporate light (due to ankle) cardio just because I like doing the bare minimum amount of cardio to ensure cardiovascular health and competency during weight training.

Ergobolic Notes:

-It is obviously way too early to tell if Ergobolic is having an effect, but yesterday was extremely stressful, so I'm hoping that Ergobolic kicks in rapidly enough to keep cortisol levels in check.
-If ergobolic works well for me, I will consider using it during my "off period" of 2 months following surgery. Why? Because the studies on sutherlandia used rats with immobilized limbs and demonstrated that sutherlandia spared muscle when a limb is inactive. Well, that's essentially the position I will be in, so perhaps double-dosed Ergobolic shall be used down the line? :D

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Days 1-2 (5/14-5/15)

As a brief background, let me start by saying that 5/14 was my first day getting back into the swing of things. With finals week and graduation out of the way, I have more free time to focus on BBing. This was my first workout using moderately heavy weight in 2 weeks, as I am going through a couple ailments right now: I have been recovering from a torn pec minor for the past 5 months, and I have numerous stress fractures in my shin/ankle area (a combination of genetics and cardio). At some point in the summer, I will have to have an operation done which will leave me out of commission for 2 months, so I had a rather poor mindset that why even hit the gym hard at all if I stand to "lose" much of my progress. Well rather than keeling over and bitching out, I decided I'm going to work my way back into my normal routine, and with the extra motivation provided by Ergobolic and this log, I will power through the next 2 months.

Now that I'm bulking again without a caloric limit, I've increased the volume of my 5/3/1 sessions tremendously. My strength has dropped a ton on numerous lifts due to injury recovery and school (my bench press dropped about 50 lbs in the 5 months since my tear...chest has atrophied too which sucks :(; DL dropped 30 lbs, Squat 30 lbs, Military Press 10 lbs), but with proper nutrition in place, I hope to make some strides.

Weight: 172 lbs (more on this below, I think EC + Cardio shed massive amounts of water)

Core Work:

Deadlift

275x5
320x5
360x7

Assistance Work:

Deadlift

355x5
355x5
355x5

Good Morning

135x8
135x8
135x8

DB Walking Lunges

70sx6
70sx6
70sx6
70sx6
70sx6

Cable Crunches

110x9
110x9
110x8
110x8

Hanging Leg Raises

BWxfailure
BWxfailure
BWxfailure

Standing Calf Raises

140x12

Seated Leg Curl

100x12

Cardio:

LISS

Workout Notes:

-Not pleased with my deadlift killer set as I was hoping for more reps, but I'm happy to at least put up a fight.
-Weight after cardio was 172 lbs! EC was my preworkout choice, and I was dripping sweat by the end of the cardio, so it looks like I lost a decent bit of water.
-Threw in a couple random exercises at the end because I wanted to try out some new equipment as I have just switched gyms. I'm currently going to LA fitness, and on Day 1 they told me I had to put my chalk in the locker because its use is forbidden.
-I was recently cleared to bench press again so I will be doing that next training session.
-I try to incorporate light (due to ankle) cardio just because I like doing the bare minimum amount of cardio to ensure cardiovascular health and competency during weight training.

Ergobolic Notes:

-It is obviously way too early to tell if Ergobolic is having an effect, but yesterday was extremely stressful, so I'm hoping that Ergobolic kicks in rapidly enough to keep cortisol levels in check.
-If ergobolic works well for me, I will consider using it during my "off period" of 2 months following surgery. Why? Because the studies on sutherlandia used rats with immobilized limbs and demonstrated that sutherlandia spared muscle when a limb is inactive. Well, that's essentially the position I will be in, so perhaps double-dosed Ergobolic shall be used down the line? :D
So assitance work for DL for you is kinda like a "Boring but big" scheme with a bit more weight...You are a beast Cy seriously , 355x5x3 is awesome man oO I can barely do 225 (for real now , happened yesterday yay ^^) and you dare call 355 merely assistance xD Sweet man! Lets hope to see those cortisol levels at the minimum now! Formula looks solid , and if I know a guy who knows his science and is in tune with his body its you buddy! Good luck and awesome workout!

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
So assitance work for DL for you is kinda like a "Boring but big" scheme with a bit more weight...You are a beast Cy seriously , 355x5x3 is awesome man oO I can barely do 225 (for real now , happened yesterday yay ^^) and you dare call 355 merely assistance xD Sweet man! Lets hope to see those cortisol levels at the minimum now! Formula looks solid , and if I know a guy who knows his science and is in tune with his body its you buddy! Good luck and awesome workout!
Haha I appreciate the kind words bud, but you're doing a great job for your bodyweight, keep it up and I'll be following along

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Days 1-2 (5/14-5/15)

Core Work:

Deadlift

275x5
320x5
360x7

Assistance Work:

Deadlift

355x5
355x5
355x5

Good Morning

135x8
135x8
135x8

DB Walking Lunges

70sx6
70sx6
70sx6
70sx6
70sx6

Cable Crunches

110x9
110x9
110x8
110x8

Hanging Leg Raises

BWxfailure
BWxfailure
BWxfailure

Standing Calf Raises

140x12

Seated Leg Curl

100x12

Cardio:

LISS

Workout Notes:

Ergobolic Notes:

You are a beast.... For 172... You pulling 2xbw deads for 5s like nothing. You are my hero. Hail the coop.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Haha I appreciate the kind words bud, but you're doing a great job for your bodyweight, keep it up and I'll be following along
You know I mean them bro, and thanks also for being supportive towards my cause :)
You are a beast.... For 172... You pulling 2xbw deads for 5s like nothing. You are my hero. Hail the coop.
HAIL! :head:

Est1969

Est1969

Awards
  • Established
Coop:

Congratulations on your graduation!

I am very impressed by your 5/14 workout. How long does that take you to get through? Given the health issues, the weights are especially impressive. My week #1 5/3/1 Deads started at 265#, and I finished with 5x10 @ 205. There was no way I could do Hanging Leg Raises after that...so my hat is off to you for knocking out 3 sets to failure after that kind of forearm stress!

I look forward to reading more.

Cheers.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Coop:

Congratulations on your graduation!

I am very impressed by your 5/14 workout. How long does that take you to get through? Given the health issues, the weights are especially impressive. My week #1 5/3/1 Deads started at 265#, and I finished with 5x10 @ 205. There was no way I could do Hanging Leg Raises after that...so my hat is off to you for knocking out 3 sets to failure after that kind of forearm stress!

I look forward to reading more.

Cheers.
Thanks buddy. The sessions typically take about 2 hours including cardio. Your approach to 5/3/1 sounds great (boring but big I take it?).

Day 3 (5/16)

This is my first time training chest heavy in months. It went...alright.

5/3/1 Macrocycle 5, B1 - Bench Day

Weight: No weigh in

Core Work:

Flat BB Bench

135x5
155x5
175x6

Assistance Work:

Flat DB Bench

75sx5
75sx5
75sx5
75sx5
75sx5

Incline DB Bench

65sx7
65sx7
65sx7
60sx10
60sx10

DB Row

85x7
85x7
85x7
75x10
75x10

Barbell Curl

65x10
65x10
65x10
65x10

Pec Deck Cluster Sets

145x11 -> 10 second rest -> 145x2
145x8 -> 10 second rest -> 145x4 -> 10 second rest -> 145x2

DB Shrugs

90sx10
90sx10

Cardio:

LISS

Workout Notes:

-I didn't lose as much strength on my bench press as I had feared, but it's still not a pretty situation. HOWEVER, I had no chest pain or inability to contract throughout my movements, which is a first and is a HUGE plus in my books.
-Just as a general note: on non-compound lifts (i.e. barbell curls), I go from my usual explosive tempo to a more controlled, slow tempo. I also do not use straps or a belt; chalk is my sole aid, as core stimulation/forearm development are big things for me.

Ergobolic Notes:

-I felt great at the gym today and even better throughout the day. Appetite is increasing but that's likely a function of the increased caloric burn from my workout. Overall, my mood is much better than it was a week ago.
-Not noticing any body composition changes yet, but I did rapidly lose weight (likely water) the day I started ergobolic, so I'm looking forward to my next weigh-in to see if Ergobolic may exert some sort of diuretic effect.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Thanks buddy. The sessions typically take about 2 hours including cardio. Your approach to 5/3/1 sounds great (boring but big I take it?).

Day 3 (5/16)

Core Work:

Flat BB Bench

135x5
155x5
175x6

Assistance Work:

Flat DB Bench

75sx5
75sx5
75sx5
75sx5
75sx5

Incline DB Bench

65sx7
65sx7
65sx7
60sx10
60sx10

DB Row

85x7
85x7
85x7
75x10
75x10

Barbell Curl

65x10
65x10
65x10
65x10

Pec Deck Cluster Sets

DB Shrugs

90sx10
90sx10

Cardio:

LISS

Workout Notes:

-I didn't lose as much strength on my bench press as I had feared, but it's still not a pretty situation. HOWEVER, I had no chest pain or inability to contract throughout my movements, which is a first and is a HUGE plus in my books.
-Just as a general note: on non-compound lifts (i.e. barbell curls), I go from my usual explosive tempo to a more controlled, slow tempo. I also do not use straps or a belt; chalk is my sole aid, as core stimulation/forearm development are big things for me.

Ergobolic Notes:

-I felt great at the gym today and even better throughout the day. Appetite is increasing but that's likely a function of the increased caloric burn from my workout. Overall, my mood is much better than it was a week ago.
-Not noticing any body composition changes yet, but I did rapidly lose weight (likely water) the day I started ergobolic, so I'm looking forward to my next weigh-in to see if Ergobolic may exert some sort of diuretic effect.
I just love your approach to assitance in the 5/3/1 its kinda like mine but with a bit more added to it , you kinda to the "Bodybuilder" Assistance work from the book and a sort of "Periodization Bible" by david tate. Keep it up buddy! You definitely are strong for not training chest heavy in a while though!!

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Day 3 (5/16)

Core Work:

Flat BB Bench

135x5
155x5
175x6

Assistance Work:

Flat DB Bench

75sx5
75sx5
75sx5
75sx5
75sx5

Incline DB Bench

65sx7
65sx7
65sx7
60sx10
60sx10

DB Row

85x7
85x7
85x7
75x10
75x10

Barbell Curl

65x10
65x10
65x10
65x10

Pec Deck Cluster Sets

DB Shrugs

90sx10
90sx10

Cardio:

LISS

Workout Notes:

Ergobolic Notes:

Nice work. Looking lean there bro ;)

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Nice work. Looking lean there bro ;)
Pic is from 3 months ago. Since then I've cut for 2 additional months and bulked for 1 month. Gonna try to take a pic this week, I'm 6 lbs lighter than I was in that pic but I'm feeling stronger and fuller.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pic is from 3 months ago. Since then I've cut for 2 additional months and bulked for 1 month. Gonna try to take a pic this week, I'm 6 lbs lighter than I was in that pic but I'm feeling stronger and fuller.
Damn... You must be the buffest med student around...
And with no chemical assistance?! You make me look bad... Lol

Keep killing it so I have more motivation to push it without them goodies!

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Damn... You must be the buffest med student around...
And with no chemical assistance?! You make me look bad... Lol

Keep killing it so I have more motivation to push it without them goodies!
Heh, my physique is far from impressive and I'm nowhere near happy with my body right now. That's what the grind is for though :D

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Heh, my physique is far from impressive and I'm nowhere near happy with my body right now. That's what the grind is for though :D
I'd be happy with your avatar pic.... Haha. Damn. Well probably I'd be happy till I woke up the next day and still looked the same. Progress!!

Est1969

Est1969

Awards
  • Established
Your approach to 5/3/1 sounds great (boring but big I take it?).
Yes...exactly that. I'm adjusting to the extra volume and liking the leaning effects. BTW: great new avatar! Is it current? If so, your BF is definitely not 12% (as you said in the first post). I think if you can see your lower abs like in your avatar you are around 8-9%. 10 at the very most. Keep up the great work!

Cheers,

vicesoldier

vicesoldier

Awards
Snap, didn't know you were on this one. Def in!!

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Snap, didn't know you were on this one. Def in!!
Welcome!

Yes...exactly that. I'm adjusting to the extra volume and liking the leaning effects. BTW: great new avatar! Is it current? If so, your BF is definitely not 12% (as you said in the first post). I think if you can see your lower abs like in your avatar you are around 8-9%. 10 at the very most. Keep up the great work!

Cheers,
Thanks man. That pic was from 3 months ago. I have cut for 2 months and bulked for 1 month since that pic, but due to increased water retention/carbs on my bulk, my six-pack is fading. That pic was around 12%...people often grossly underestimate their BF%:

http://thisiswhyyourejacked.com/a-body-fat-percent-picture-guide

It's more than abs, it's also about separation in other muscles/limbs.

definitely in on this
Welcome aboard :)

Mr.Cooper has exceeded his storage capabilities.
Cleared!

Days 4-5 (5/17-5/18)

So today was one of the sh!ttier workouts in recent memory. I honestly don't know why, but strength was down and I didn't hit my prescribed reps on 5/3/1. This is the earliest I've ever had to reset on 5/3/1, but having been injured and cutting weight throughout my run, I can't say it wasn't expected. My ankle really bothered me on squats today, to the point that I had to lean forward more than I would have liked. Regardless, ROM is a big deal to me, and I do not count squat reps if they are not ATG (butt within 6 inches of ground). I will occasionally have a set that goes only to parallel just to see where my weight stands on squats with what I consider half-ROM :D.

Having not hit the prescribed reps, I can either reset or change routines. For the sake of keeping things interesting, I'm gonna switch things up before coming back to 5/3/1. I'm thinking about doing Layne's PHAT or Yate's style HIT. Any thoughts? I will do one more 5/3/1 workout for the sake of balance and to close out the week as planned.

5/3/1 Macrocycle 5, C1 - Squat Day

Weight: 172 lbs (still 172...very unusual considering I'm eating at a decent surplus. Ergobolic at work?)

Core Work:

ATG Back Squat

200x5
230x5
260x4 (target was 5. I made it halfway up the 5th rep then decided if I push any harder my lower back will round. Now I was in a new gym, so when I went to fail, the safeties were about 6 inches lower than I'm accustomed to. However, this was actually quite scary because I squat ATG, so my body cannot physically go any lower and the so the 6-inch difference seemed impossible to make up. I ended up throwing the bar off my back and crawling out, haha. When you're in LA fitness with a bunch of "proper" people and you do something like that, the murmurs start. Gotta find me a Gold's Gym :D)

Assistance Work:

ATG Back Squat

195x6
195x6
195x6
195x6
195x6

Parallel Back Squat

345x3

Walking DB Lunges

60sx9
60sx9
60sx9

ATG Front Squat (first time doing this in over a year)

135x8
135x8
135x8

Leg Press, Full ROM (new gym so I was mostly just "feeling out" this machine)

575x10
615x7
645x6 (bounced hard off the safety by accident on 1 of the reps)

Lying Leg Curl

125x10
125x10
125x9/fail
125x9/fail
125x9/fail

Seated Calf Raises (new equipment)

125x14

Leg Extension (new equipment; 2 second hold at the top of each rep)

170x12

Cardio:

I was officially diagnosed with a stress fracture, so I'm cutting out all "impact" cardio. This means I'm confined to the damn elliptical, but whatever. Didn't go as hard as I normally do today, but considering that my weight hasn't moved, I'm going to cut back on cardio without compromising pulmonary function during weightlifting.

HIIT - Elliptical
Cross-ramp setting: 6 (slight incline)

9 total cycles of:

1 minute walk
20 second sprint

Followed by a 1 minute cooldown walk

Total calories burnt: 135
Total time: 13 minutes

Workout Notes:

-Most of the notes are written above. I think it's time to transition to more of a hypertrophy split, so PHAT is probably my best bet, especially since I'm bulking right now and no longer seeking to simply maintain strength.
-My preworkout EC posed no issues during the HIIT. Honestly, HIIT on the elliptical was more of a muscle workout than cardio. The burn was akin to lunges, and I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow.

Ergobolic Notes:

-You know, I am pretty pleased with ergobolic so far. Ever since I started, my weight took a plunge and stayed there. This is likely due to some "drying out" effect that ergobolic confers, but the fact that I've kept weight off despite being in a decent surplus is encouraging. However, it's only been 5 days. If this trend continues for another week, I'd feel safe attributing it to ergobolic.
-Sleep has been getting better since I started, despite the heat of summer. I have major sleep issues (insomnia/sleep paralysis), so the past 2 nights of deep sleep have been great and I'm seeing that other ergobolic users are noticing similar effects with sleep.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Day 6 (5/19)

5/3/1 Macrocycle 5, D1 - Military Press Day

Weight: 172 lbs

Core Work:

Military Press

90x5
100x5
115x6

Assistance Work:

Seated DB Shoulder Press

50x8
50x8
55x6
55x6
55x5

Weighted Pullups/Chinups

15x6 (Pullup)
15x6 (Hammer Grip)
15x6 (Hammer Grip)
15x6 (Chin-Up)
15x7 (Chin-Up)

Flat BB Bench (trying to emphasize my chest since it lagged so far behind)

145x9
145x8
145x8
145x8

E-Z Bar Skullcrusher (first time in 1 full year)

65x10
65x8
65x8

Incline DB Curls

35x10
35x10

Lateral Raises

20x14
20x14

Dips (haven't been able to do for a full year due to another unrelated injury at my sternum)

BWx10

Cable Crunches

110x12

Pec Deck

145x12

Seated Cable Row

120x20

Cardio:

HIIT - Elliptical
Cross-ramp setting: 6 (slight incline)

10 total cycles of:

1 minute walk
20 second sprint

Followed by a 1 minute cooldown walk

Total calories burnt: 150
Total time: 14 minutes, 20 seconds

Workout Notes:

-Since today was my last day of 5/3/1, I decided to do a little bit of everything to see which exercises I will incorporate into my next routine, which I expect will be Layne Norton's PHAT.
-Trained fasted today with the exception of BCAAs and my preworkout concoction. HIIT was absolutely brutal, but it feels great to be done.

Ergobolic Notes:

-The sleep effects are very real at this point. The last time I slept this good was when I was using ZMA + L-Dopa + occasionally melatonin. I woke up this morning absolutely refreshed, and while I did not intend on training fasted right away, I felt so energized by my deep sleep that I decided to go straight to the gym.
-On the occasions when I go to the bathroom at night, I am THIRSTY. I usually slam a full 20 oz water bottle throughout my few trips to the bathroom each night. I really believe ergobolic has rid me of excess water and has some sort of diuretic effect.
-No sore joints as of yet...excellent.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I swear it said military presses- 900x5. I was gonna say, coop your shoulders must hurt pretty bad and how come you were crushed?

vicesoldier

vicesoldier

Awards
I swear it said military presses- 900x5. I was gonna say, coop your shoulders must hurt pretty bad and how come you were crushed?
Since he usually presses a small mini cooper that's why he was crushed