Rome Recomps with Compound 20

rome32

rome32

Board Sponsor
Awards
First and foremost I want to thank the guys over at USP Labs for giving me the chance to log Compound 20! (And OxyElite Pro here in the coming weeks)

I'm not taking anything else from during this excet my staple supps.

Protein
Multi
Fish Oil
ZMA
and recently added Modern BCAA for intra workout(noticed great recovery) and for fasted cardio days.

My goal is to see what C20 can really do in an unbiased study. That being said I am a man of results over jibber-jabber science talk. If something works for me I'm cool with it, if it doesn't and others claim it's amazing I'm happy for them, not gonna hate on them for it.
Also I want to get tight in the midsection and preserve muscle mass for my cut.

I'm currently conflicted because my first show is at the end of October. 4 week recomp take me June. 8 week cut takes me to August when I start my diet and competition cut... I may have to make my recomp overlap with a 6 week mild cut then 4 week ******** before Competition cut. Idk I don't want to peak too early!

NO DRAMA on this log please. Civil Discussion is aloud. I'll chime in if I feel it gets too heated.

My diet: I decided to drop the carbs to 350 a day protein still 200-250.

Let's get lean guys!

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good luck man! I'll be following.

Natestreo

Natestreo

Awards
In for this one! I was only a lurker on your other thread. Got involved too late!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
In 4 tha win.

Natestreo

Natestreo

Awards
If you go pro make sure to put a good word in for me! I definitely gotta learn what makes a good or. Bad log. I'm not getting great feedback outta my log as you did. Haha

rome32

rome32

Board Sponsor
Awards
If you go pro make sure to put a good word in for me! I definitely gotta learn what makes a good or. Bad log. I'm not getting great feedback outta my log as you did. Haha
I'll direct people to your thread man!

rome32

rome32

Board Sponsor
Awards
So lately I've noticed my shirt gets soaked halfway throogh my workouts. A lot of water is coming out which is great lol. I've noticed, even though it is only day three, I seem to know when I need to take a dose because I start to lose energy slightly. This stuff looks promising thus far, but we will see!

I got a new partner so I can train heavier and harder. I don't believe low weight high reps or high weight low reps. I combine them and just switch it up week from week, but never all light wieght for a week and then back down to low reps heavy weight.

I can do Heavy chest one day then go heavy on legs then light on back and heavy on shoulders. Just keep it fresh. I also rarely do the same routine each week. While my base lifts are the same I like to switch them between Dumbell and Barbells and I always try to work a specific area of that muscle for a week or two and then move on.

That all being said this week I changed my Split.

Day1 Chest & Shoulders
Day2 Legs & and light Abs if time allows
Day3 Back & light Chest
Day4 Arms(Bicep&Tricep) & Calves

Also fasted cardio day in the AM with some Modern BCAA

I think I was due for a change-up. It's been 9-10 weeks since I last switched.

What do yall think of that split?

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Gotta be in it to win it. Sub'd.

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
Good luck Rome!! I'll be following this daily.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed. Kill it buddy!

DeafPrideSS

Awards
So lately I've noticed my shirt gets soaked halfway throogh my workouts. A lot of water is coming out which is great lol. I've noticed, even though it is only day three, I seem to know when I need to take a dose because I start to lose energy slightly. This stuff looks promising thus far, but we will see!

I got a new partner so I can train heavier and harder. I don't believe low weight high reps or high weight low reps. I combine them and just switch it up week from week, but never all light wieght for a week and then back down to low reps heavy weight.

I can do Heavy chest one day then go heavy on legs then light on back and heavy on shoulders. Just keep it fresh. I also rarely do the same routine each week. While my base lifts are the same I like to switch them between Dumbell and Barbells and I always try to work a specific area of that muscle for a week or two and then move on.

That all being said this week I changed my Split.

Day1 Chest & Shoulders
Day2 Legs & and light Abs if time allows
Day3 Back & light Chest
Day4 Arms(Bicep&Tricep) & Calves

Also fasted cardio day in the AM with some Modern BCAA

I think I was due for a change-up. It's been 9-10 weeks since I last switched.

What do yall think of that split?
That's what I ve been doing... I don't usually do the same **** for 3 months... Body gets so used to it and most of the time my body doesn't feel Any soreness. So I do rotate all workout routines every week.

I used to workout with a partner that do the same **** every week and I told myself "wtf am I doing with that dude and I don't feel anything." so I end up workout solo. If need any spot- I holler at some dude. Simple as that.

Btw I'm following... :)

rome32

rome32

Board Sponsor
Awards
That's what I ve been doing... I don't usually do the same **** for 3 months... Body gets so used to it and most of the time my body doesn't feel Any soreness. So I do rotate all workout routines every week.

I used to workout with a partner that do the same **** every week and I told myself "wtf am I doing with that dude and I don't feel anything." so I end up workout solo. If need any spot- I holler at some dude. Simple as that.

Btw I'm following... :)
I feel that.

I've been working out solo since October/ November and when I work out the way I want I see better results.

Old partner wanted to do some crazy stuff and I had no clue what the point was because it targeted an area I wasn't trying to build at the time.

My new partner however is ex-army and went to West Point. He got outta shape fast after the Academy and now listens to every word I say...LOVE it.

He listens better than the people that pay me to train them lol

rome32

rome32

Board Sponsor
Awards
Tonight Back with light Chest.

Since I have been taking Modern BCAA intra I've noticed a huge incrase in recovery so far so since my chest is good today why not give it a little Supersetted workout?

Stay Tuned guys!

Natestreo

Natestreo

Awards
Tonight Back with light Chest.

Since I have been taking Modern BCAA intra I've noticed a huge incrase in recovery so far so since my chest is good today why not give it a little Supersetted workout?

Stay Tuned guys!
Modern BCAA > other BCAA's

I noticed the same thing with it. No rest wot the wicked. Kill it bro!

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
I feel that.

I've been working out solo since October/ November and when I work out the way I want I see better results.

Old partner wanted to do some crazy stuff and I had no clue what the point was because it targeted an area I wasn't trying to build at the time.

My new partner however is ex-army and went to West Point. He got outta shape fast after the Academy and now listens to every word I say...LOVE it.

He listens better than the people that pay me to train them lol
No doubt! I'm 0 for 30 with workout partners. Every time I'd train with someone new over the years I'd either get hurt, waste time, or see no gains. Listening to your body and following through with what it's telling you is so important and it's hard to do that when you're with a partner.

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
I go to the gym with my workout already mapped out, and more often than not I end up changing that plan during my workout because my body is telling me what I should and should not be doing at that moment. It's really amazing and I think it takes years of training to truly understand this.

theniteman

theniteman

Awards
Yo Rome count me in!

rome32

rome32

Board Sponsor
Awards
Clem,

Totally understand that bro! Partners are difficult if you both have different styles and goals.

TheNiteman,
Thanks bud! I don't wanna jump the gun, but my love handles are already slimming down

rome32

rome32

Board Sponsor
Awards
Set Back.
Bad News.
While racking the 100lb Dumbell after one arm rows it sleeped and to avoid my foot I attempted to catch it with my hand...

Well I saved my foot and removed the tip of my finger..lol

Good News.
I finished my workout and then saved it haha. You gotta love being a certified First Aid medic.

Tmo is Arms and Calves...nothing can stop me now, I have a goal!

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wait what???

How much of the finger came off?

Lol

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
Set Back.
Bad News.
While racking the 100lb Dumbell after one arm rows it sleeped and to avoid my foot I attempted to catch it with my hand...

Well I saved my foot and removed the tip of my finger..lol

Good News.
I finished my workout and then saved it haha. You gotta love being a certified First Aid medic.

Tmo is Arms and Calves...nothing can stop me now, I have a goal!
WOW! Did it completely come off?

rome32

rome32

Board Sponsor
Awards
Let's just say only a tiny piece of skin is holding it on.

And thankfully it went around the nail! I had my pinky nail come off and that sucked.

But tonight I got arms and calves...can't stop I got a competition at the end of October!

rome32

rome32

Board Sponsor
Awards
Working out around 9 tonight. Diets been great all day. Oats, chicken breasts, pasta, potatoes...and supps.

I can't wait for sweat it out again tonight

Stay Tuned

rome32

rome32

Board Sponsor
Awards
Arms went awesome, felt awesome with a bloody finger ha

Started off with barbell curls.4 sets.
45lb x20, 95lb(3 sets) 8,6,9. Sick pump.

Incline Dumbell curl. 4 sets.
30lb x20, 35lb x20, 40lb x18, 45lb x 17...yeah didn't make the last one because of the tremendous pain from my finger caused me to drop it part way up..bummer.

Behind the head kneeling cable curls. 4 sets of 50lb.
10,10,12,14. Feeling good today guys!

Triceps.

Close grip Triceps bench. 115lb for 2 sets.
10 reps bottom to middle range, 10 reps top to middle range and 10 reps.full range. Best warm up.

70lb Triceps Dips. 4 sets.
12,15,12,13. I like to get as deep as possible and never break form.

Behind the head Rope extensions.
50lb for sets. First for 12 reps then 3 sets to failure.

Triceps extensions with 40lb Dumbell.
15 reps per set supersetted with rope bicep curls on 70lb for reps.12,13,12,10.

Todays workout went well, like usual with the C20 I sweat a lot. And if yoy followed my last log I had a bully in high school and he was present tonight. Had to ask him to leave becayse he brought a nonmember and refused to pay the $5 charge for it...btw I'm incharge of night time watch and we have a lot of unpaid guests lately. I mean you can't just walk into a gym and have.your buddy workout for free and not even ask anyone.

The guy was pissed went over grabbed some towels and then proceeded out the door..had to stop and ask for them back and he said they are free and I said "yeah to use not to take home dude". How stupid can people get?

My effort in the gym is still very high. Even though my rear bumper on my car got jacked, cut off part of my finger almost, plus more I refuse to let it get me down! I'm so excited to lean up and cut down then lean bulk for my show! Little over 5 months to go.

My love handles from my bulk are already slimming down and I haven't even started Cardio!

Cardio tmo with my good friend!

Stay Tuned guys!

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Let's just say only a tiny piece of skin is holding it on.

And thankfully it went around the nail! I had my pinky nail come off and that sucked.

But tonight I got arms and calves...can't stop I got a competition at the end of October!

lol Rome you are one crazy m*therf*cker!!!!

rome32

rome32

Board Sponsor
Awards
lol Rome you are one crazy m*therf*cker!!!!
Gotta do what you gotta do man! I am deathly afraid of needles so I refuse stitches. I'll give it a break today and do Cardio and abs tmo then break and back to hit chest and shoulders!

rome32

rome32

Board Sponsor
Awards
6 hours of sleep...now Cardio then another 8 hour midnight shift

DeafPrideSS

Awards
You are doing good. You are young.

I usually get about 6.5 hours of sleep everyday with 50-60 hours of work plus gym. I'm trying to keep it up.

rome32

rome32

Board Sponsor
Awards
I feel ya. I got got.canned so I'm pulling 51 this week. Midnights and days...I'm all screwed up Hahaha

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
You are doing good. You are young.

I usually get about 6.5 hours of sleep everyday with 50-60 hours of work plus gym. I'm trying to keep it up.
That's tough...

That's why my results are skewed because I work 40-45 hours on swing shifts.... & try to get to the gym and only get 6 hours of sleep a Nigjt cause I lift at night & use stims...: it's a PITA.

rome32

rome32

Board Sponsor
Awards
That's tough...

That's why my results are skewed because I work 40-45 hours on swing shifts.... & try to get to the gym and only get 6 hours of sleep a Nigjt cause I lift at night & use stims...: it's a PITA.
What do you think of the MM for preworkout at nights after work or early mornings?

rome32

rome32

Board Sponsor
Awards
Well today I worked a 10 hour shift and got in trouble for yelling at a customer. In my defense he called my a "f-ing idiot and I should do better at my job because I'm a low-life piece of scum. Also my parents should have aborted me because I'm a waste of life"

All because I wanted 20 lottery tickets and I got one number wrong and he refused to fill out the cards for people with more than 3 numbers.

Now I rarely get angry, maybe once or twice a year, but never do I or have I lose my selfcontrol. Well today was the final straw. Set his white trash @$$ straight and told him if he ever talks like that to me or anyone in our store again he's gonna drink his beer through a straw. Then he asked if I wanted to take it outside. So I replied let me go get my shovel out of the back to scrape him off the ground when I'm done.

Then after work I got a phone call that my grandpa was in the hospital on my way to the gym. Lift was intense with 30 second breaks.

Logging when I get to my computer!

Natestreo

Natestreo

Awards
Prayers for your family. Hope all goes well.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rough day. My best to your family, Rome.

It's good to turn that negative energy into positive progress.

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
Rome, good luck with everything. I hope it all turns out ok for your Grandpa

rome32

rome32

Board Sponsor
Awards
Today was Legs and Cardio.

I usually don't go all out on legs because it is a gift, but today I needed to move some poundage and let some frustrations out.

Needless to say Cardio was 15 minutes at 8 miles and hour...really wanna shock my body to start off my leaning process. Did this prior to my leg workout which went.

Squats. 3 sets of 315lb
8,15,9...feeling like a beast I tore off(more like just took off) my shirt and strapped the belt on tight.

Now entering Beast Mode

I decided to flip my next lift for leg press. 400lb for 4 sets.
12,12,10,13. My press machine is inverted so your in a steep angle pointed at the ceiling so it kinda sucks lol but gotta make due

Next I wanted high rep Leg Extensions. So 3 sets At 150lb.
15,15,21(failure)

Next is hamstrings.

Good Mornings. No bent knees today. 3 sets at 115lb.
12,12,17(failure)

Dumbell Dead lifts. 4 sets at 105lb(210lb all together)

Calves with 20 second stretches between sets.

Standing calves press. 245lb for 4 sets.

Calves Press on Leg press Machine. 6 sets. (15 regular, 15 inverted, 15 exverted, hold for 10 seconds and 5 regular= 1 set)
Last sets after holding for 10 seconds I went to failure and got 21 good reps out of it.

Then Cardio like I said above.

Today I needed to let some tension out, I'm naturally a nice and nonconfrontational guy, but I found myself a a darker side. I'm always happy and love life, but something deep inside me is driving me, that pent up anger, aggression, and frustration is shaping me. I compare it, like a nerd, to Spiderman 3 where he gets the black suit and his powers expand, but he becomes a a whole other person.

I feel anger when I touch the iron, not the harmony I felt just weeks ago. I feel like I'm rediscovering myself all over again. I was hiding my rage inside me and only let it out when I felt threatened(refer back to my Anabeta Elite/ Erase Pro/ DAA log, which I highly recommend) . Now I feel like I'm at a constant state of not beast mode, but Survival Mode. If I don't push myself or feel pain I will cease to exist.

Genetics may not be in my favor, but Damnit I'm gonna make myself capable, I want to be Pro, I want to win shows. This first show in October is not to win, but to see where I stand. To see where I need to improve. My chest is lacking and I'm afraid my arms won't be big enoigh, but that won't stop me.

I'm gonna step on that stage Roman and step off as VICTORIOUS. Just the thought that I did it is enough to make me a champion. A changed man with a dream and hardly do my dreams never become reality. I had a dream I took 4th at my first show...I would be happy with second to last as long as I don't lose.

I know your guys support will help keep it going.

I. WANT. IT.

And please by all means share you passions and drives with me. This may be a Compound 20 log, but your motivations may help keep my spark lit as well as for others reading this.

We are a community hear to help eachother so let's get it. Looking forward to hearing some stories.

Stay Tuned Brothers.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today I needed to let some tension out, I'm naturally a nice and nonconfrontational guy, but I found myself a a darker side. I'm always happy and love life, but something deep inside me is driving me, that pent up anger, aggression, and frustration is shaping me...

I feel anger when I touch the iron, not the harmony I felt just weeks ago. I feel like I'm rediscovering myself all over again. I was hiding my rage inside me and only let it out when I felt threatened...Now I feel like I'm at a constant state of not beast mode, but Survival Mode. If I don't push myself or feel pain I will cease to exist.

Genetics may not be in my favor, but Damnit I'm gonna make myself capable, I want to be Pro, I want to win shows. This first show in October is not to win, but to see where I stand. To see where I need to improve. My chest is lacking and I'm afraid my arms won't be big enoigh, but that won't stop me.

I'm gonna step on that stage Roman and step off as VICTORIOUS. Just the thought that I did it is enough to make me a champion. A changed man with a dream and hardly do my dreams never become reality...
Let it out. Let it shape you. Let it motivate you. Let it drive you. You'd be surprised how much aggression and those "darker" emotions can fuel you.

As far as genetics - they give you a "base", yes, but they do not dictate what you can create if you want it badly enough and work at it with everything you are the right way for you.

Hold TIGHT to your dreams and don't let anyone or anything deter you!

All the best with your competition, bud :)

~Rosie~

rome32

rome32

Board Sponsor
Awards
Let it out. Let it shape you. Let it motivate you. Let it drive you. You'd be surprised how much aggression and those "darker" emotions can fuel you.

As far as genetics - they give you a "base", yes, but they do not dictate what you can create if you want it badly enough and work at it with everything you are the right way for you.

Hold TIGHT to your dreams and don't let anyone or anything deter you!

All the best with your competition, bud :)

~Rosie~
Thanks Rosie!

rome32

rome32

Board Sponsor
Awards
Chest is still sore from Monday so I think I'll take a day off. Maybe do abs and Cardio tonight, but that's about it.

Natestreo

Natestreo

Awards
Chest is still sore from Monday so I think I'll take a day off. Maybe do abs and Cardio tonight, but that's about it.
Keep up the hard work. Good job in listening to your body!