Iforce Protean Flavor Review

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Recently got some samples of both vanilla mint swirl and Red velvet cake "Protean" courtesy of Iforce, thanks guys.

Red Velvet Cake

This was the first sample I tried. I mixed one scoop with some milk in my magic bullet. The consistency was good, it wasnt too thin, but not too thick. I cant say i've ever had a "red velvet cake" but the flavor certainly tasted like what i imagine it would be. It wasnt a very overbearing taste, it didnt leave that nasty protein after taste you get from some lower quality powders. Definitely a good, but subtle tasting protein. One thing i noticed is that after i burped it gave a weird "milky" taste in my mouth.

Vanilla Mint Swirl

This one is different, and my personal favorite. The powder is offwhite-greenish in color, so i expected it to taste kind of like mint chocolate chip ice cream, minus the chocolate. The "mint" part is very very light. I'm normally not a fan of "mint" anything but gum, and this is perfectly fine with me. It sort of tastes like eggnog with a light mint aftertaste, surprising to say the least given the name of the flavor.

Overall

I dont want to give these flavors an arbitrary number on a 1-10 scale, because to me its either "good or bad". These are both "good" tasting proteins in my opinion.

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
great honest review and glad you enjoyed both samples :)