MKretz gets his focus on with SNS Focus XT!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thank you so much to SNS for being awsome as always lol.......ive been wanting to try this product for too long. My plan of usage with focus xt right now is to use it to help me through finals week whichis this upcomoing week and the week after, I have 3 big tests, so im hoping this will really help. I tend to hae a really hard time focusing on scholwork for more than an hour , shoot a half hour, wihtout doing something else s im hoping this will help. I also LOE the feeling of tunnel ision while lifting so I cannot wait to add this into my preworkout arsenal. My plan inthat department is too add about 1/2 scoop to whateer preworkout I am using that day.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
todays workout was quads and bis.......i mixed about 1/2 scoop of focus xt with 1 scoop of muscle marinade........focus was CRAZY!!! i loved it, i felt like i was in another world. The mix of focus xt and a few heavy sets of squats really gets me in the zone! best feeling in the world if you ask me. I had been on a bit f a deload week last 1.5 weeks or so, but went back to hititn it hard with Drop sets today and strength was up which felt awsome!

my plan with my worksouts is to do a heavy compound lift for about 4-5 sets of 6-8 solid reps (cheating to a minimum) and then the rest of the workout will be more hypertrophy range anywhere from 10-15 reps with drop sets on last sets

todays workout looked something like this.......

squats 185 x 8
195x8
205x8
215x8
225x6 Rest 2 ( short rest then 2 more)......all reps are slow negatives and below parallel.

leg ext ( pre exhaust)
120x15
130x13
130x12 drop 100, drop 85

leg press

270x15
290x15
360x12
380x10 drop 270 drop 180

Hack squat

80x15
90x15
100x12
100x10 drop 70 drop 50

3 sets of 15 BW sissy squats ( very hard after all that other stuff!)

front squats, back squats (first # is front squat, 2nd is back squat, I did them with no rest in between)

85x10,10
95x12,8
105x12,8........i knwo weights are super low but my quads were wrecked already and allreps are slow negs and low reps.

1 leg ext jsut focusing on squeezing......

for bis i did 4 sets of 6-8 barbell curls

3 sets of machine preacher curls

3 ets of machine incline curls and lastly did a tri set of rev wirst curls, reg, wrist curls and rev. barbell curls for 4 sets, that was brutal since it was the 1st time i did any forearm work in a long time

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hope Focus XT meets your expectations ;) I'll be following along :thumbsup:

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Nice leg day man pretty nice squat numbers too! Is focus xt a preworkout?

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i use it as part of a preworkout.....it doesnt have all the n.o things in it and what not s i take about .5 scoop with my normal preowkrout....sorry i haent been posting workouts, studiyn for a big tests comin up ill try to keep it updated till then, but will def. be updating regularly after that

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hope the Focus XT will help you with your studying. Keep sipping on it and you'll be surprised ;)

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
just took my first final, uite teh doosie but i was ery focused for it i can assure you that, dunno how much that wil make a difference in my grade lol.....organic chemistry=impossible for me

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
just took my first final, uite teh doosie but i was ery focused for it i can assure you that, dunno how much that wil make a difference in my grade lol.....organic chemistry=impossible for me
I have a headache just looking at those words..

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
haha such a hard class...hopefully its over.............been miing focus xt with whateer preworkout ive been usingand workouts hae been great, ivebeen cutting calories all week because I am doin an eating challenge tomorrow and strength is till consistent, i hae gone up on some and saye steady at others so i cant really complain, tomorow I will be hitting back/hams before the challenge, adnwill probably continue to keep cals a little lower for a few days afer jut to keep damage down....... the challenge is a huge pizza that 2 people have an hour to finish, no one has eer done it, wish me luck!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
well the challenge was a success....got down a 14lb pizza in 44 minutes, feel like s**t though lol.....o well it was a godo tiem and tasted REALLY good, at first haha......tody was a pretty good workout although i lostfocusat times thinking abot the challenge....i also get to try and teach a core class at 7 a.m tomorrrow, that should be interesting, I plan to train tomorrow bu it all depends on how i feel, i most likely will though cuz teh weather is suposed to be bd s what else is there t do ;-)

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
used abut .5 scoop fcus xt before my neuroscience final today and feel pretty good....was def. focused thoughout, also, used .5 scoop with .5 scoop craze and .5 scoop n.o.ignite........amazing feeling almost euphoric lol, it also had been my first day training in a while so it was great......

quads and arms!

squat (do them with a 2.5 plate under my heels) - i feel this helps me to keep my hips under me and keep the tension on my quads....weights were a little lower than last time but i felt it in my quads more so im happy

185x8
195x8
205x8
215x6 short rest +2
225 RP to 10
265x1
155x10 drop 135x10

leg ext ( as a pre exhaust for the rest of the workout)

125x15
135x15
140x12
140x11 drop 100x10 85x15

machine leg press - weights go by #s

14x15
16x15
18(stack)x12
18x11 drop 14 x 10 11x25 all of the drop sets for each eercise are follwed by flexing and squeezing hte muscle and then stretching t flush it with blood

hack squat

80x15
90x15
100x12
105x10 drop 70 x 7 50x10

leg ext FST-7 ( 7 sets of 12-15 30 second rest....65lbs....quads burned sooo bad

preacher curl (over the other side of the preacher so arms go str8 at bottom for full stretch) - with str8 bar

50x7
50x7
50x7
50x6 drop 30x15

standing twist curl

20x15
25x12
25x10+2 cheat drop 20 x 12 15x25

incline curl machine - weights go by #s again, its the hoist brand machine

4x15
5x12
5x11 drop 4x12

str8 bar cable pressdown

50x8
55x7
55x7
55x7 drop 40 x 12

db overhead - pperfectfor slow negatives full stretch - akes it so much harder , elbows close

40x15
45x13
50x10
50x10 drop 35x15

superset with bench dip 4 x as many

fcus and pumps were incredible extremely intense workut, one of those workouts where u just feel like a god while ur doin it and when ur done!

thetinyguy

thetinyguy

Awards
Dude i absolutely am in love with craze, i only use it for leg day but man it helps me get some PR's that's for sure. Im gonna have to try focus xt out...

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yea man, the focus really sets it apart its what i love that y im loving focus xt, when you realize how to lift as a bodybuilderand really concentrate on contractiosn nothing is better than that incredible focus, just make sure the gym isnt crowded cuz i get extra pissed when im in that zone haha

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mon 5/14 - quads,bis

squat - with 2.5 plates under heels for better hip drive, def.makes it harder i think, it keeps my hips under me and from sticking my butt out all are below parallel

175x8
185x8
195x8
205x8
215x 6 short rest, 2
225 RP to 10 3,3,2,2
155x10 drop 135 x 17

leg ext. (pre exhaust for the rest of the w/o)

130x15
130x15
135x15
140x13 drop 100 x 10
140x12 drop 10 x 100 drop 85x15

Hoist machine leg press

15x20
16x18
18x14
18x12 drop 14 x10 12x17 - intensity was crazy on this, legs wer eon fire, between these and the ext before....i liek to use the machien for teh quick drops and safer than the weight leg press

close stance smith squat, with feet pretty close under me for more quad involvement

165x20
185x15
205x12
215x9 drop 185x10 drop 165x15

sissy squats

x15
x12
x15

supersetted with hack squat

0x20
20x15
20x12 drop 0 x 25 - quads were so fried lol

1 leg ext 3 sets jsut squeezing hte muscle for detail.

barbell rev. preacher curl ( facing hte other way on a preacher)

50x8
50x7
50x6+1 bad rep
50x5 + 5 cheat reps drop 30x15

machine preacher
60x15
65x12
70x10+2 drop 55 x 15

incline curl

15x12
15x8 drop 10x12
15x7 with sum alt. arms then drop 10 x 12 with sum alt.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks like everything is going well in here :)
No GI issues with the FXT I presume?

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks like everything is going well in here :)
No GI issues with the FXT I presume?
its funny u mention that......I have been pretty constipated for the last few weeks....however, i attribute it to eatind 7lbs of pizza at one time during an eating challenge.......lol loving the FXT!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
chest/shoulders - tris were a little sore going into the workout, no idea why....also i did a pretty hard ab workout about 3 days ago (first tiem i really focused on abs in a while) and not till today but my abs are killin me, likin it, jsut dont knwo why it took so long to feel it lol.....anyways, because my tris were sore, i decided to pre fatitigue my chest and hsoulders before their respective parts of the workout.

started the workout with heavy compound for strength

bench 4 sets 6-8 working up to 145 then a burn out set of 115x14 drop 95x 12...do these in teh power rack so i can fail....i miss having apartner on chest days for force reps, its been too long

standing overhead press- 4 sets 6-8 85 lbs strict last set double drop 65,45

lncline cable fly 3 sets 12-15 with drop on last 2. (pre exhaust)

incline smith barbell...decided to go heavier jsut to be differe,t normallt do 10-15 but stuck around 8 for 4 sets with a drop on the last set

dips - 4 sets of bodyweight, very slow negatives

incline hammer strength, 3 sets last was a drop

stretch flys (DB flys to a full stretch with a litle bounce in the strethc position) then twisted pinkies together at the top.

supersetted with dB pull overs 45lbsx12x3 sets

lateral raises, strict 3 sets with 15's 10-15 reps and one not too strict set startin with 20s dropiing 15, 10, rest pausing to 15 reps at each weight

smtih high pulls, 4 sets, 10-15, last was a double drop - 115, 85, 65

DB presses 4 sets witha drop at the end

heavy shrugs - not greeat form at all but i for some reason feels it more when i use bad form, dunno why, did one burn out set with strict form tough with jsut 135 burned alot after everythign else

rev high pull smithth machine.....really good contraction of hte traps with this...... love this one!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
couple days off...firt tiem i havent lifted in a while for 2 day...well id id to a very quick bi workout on aturday jut liek 6 sets or so, but got alot of cardio in lately riding my bike all oer town (literally) plus working...very buy, keeping cals around 2900-3000 on these 2 days...back to 3600 cal tomorow though ...also will go higher carb since these last two days all carbs have been from veggies and dairy....no focus xt these days

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
amazing back ham workout yeterday.......focus xt had me in the zone for sure i was there for aw hile but didnt loe focus the whoel time, which is somethin i tend to do if im there to long, esp. when training fasted ( i do IF).

I was able to increase weights on all lifts pretty much and pulled 325 for 3 solid reps on DL afteer sets of 225,245,265,275,295, 305 x 5 o that felt good, also my RDLs were up , got 215 for 6 solid reps after 175,185,195,205 x 8

then did a few hammer rows and low cable row

For hams i was able to do a one leg leg curl standing which is awsome, also hit a glute machine, wide stance smith squats, and then seated curls.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
todays workout was a little bit of a different story, started off feeling great did band benching and band CG , I think the bands may have fried my CNS or somethin becuase the rest of the workout had me lacking mental focus...... Tomorrow will be jut ab and calves..... I also have been doing ALOT of bike riding lately, saves gas, weather i beautiful so y not. I jut hope im not losing any weight, havent eighed myself in a while, I am still eating 3600 cal though so hopefully im doin ok, gotta rememeber to weigh in

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
amazing back ham workout yeterday.......focus xt had me in the zone for sure i was there for aw hile but didnt loe focus the whoel time, which is somethin i tend to do if im there to long, esp. when training fasted ( i do IF).
Training fasted is something I usually hate. But FXT sure get's me in the mood even though all I can think about is food.
I usually add some Adrena-G to that and I'm in the zone ;)

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
adrena g hiuh.....ill have to look into that, no idea what it is lol

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
nice hammy workout .. keep up the good work

how u like the taste of this stuff ?

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
taste is real good....i tend to mix it with n.o ignite berry or sometimes mucle marinade fresh fruit and it delish with both of those!

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
taste is real good....i tend to mix it with n.o ignite berry or sometimes mucle marinade fresh fruit and it delish with both of those!
Nice way to use it .. I hated the muscle marinade taste .. But that stuff works great

I haven't mixed it with other pre .. I usually sip pre workout then I'll sip focus seperately bc it tastes so good

If u have bulk stuff .. U can make ure own tasty pre with focus
I throw in 5g mono, 3G cit 5g leucine works great

Hows no ignite in tasting ?

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
n.o. ignite taste great!......i really like it it probably my fav pre workout right now and ive tried alot! it also has a good focus component too it o when i choose to stack that with focus XT its incredible lol.........btw ALOT of bike riding today, so not workout, well al ittle abs but that all

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Some serious mixing you got there bruther :) Complementing those preworkouts to one helluwa preworkout drink :D
Must have some serious energy/focus when hitting the gym when you sip on all that :lol:

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ha yea smart mixing too .. can get 2-3months out of the products and still get great benefits of focus

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ha yea smart mixing too .. can get 2-3months out of the products and still get great benefits of focus
EXACTLY!!!! i dont ever wanna run out lol amazing back workout yet, best one in a while, will try to post soon, got a big test tomorrow

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
EXACTLY!!!! i dont ever wanna run out lol amazing back workout yet, best one in a while, will try to post soon, got a big test tomorrow
Drink half before studying and half before the test

And good luck