Jay's Prime and Compound20 Log(Sponsored)

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by jaycuda View Post
    Yeah, I don't even know how my squat got ridiculous. Sounds pretty typical but I'd much rather my bench be huge and my squat be mediocre.
    no you don't... my squat is like 365 while my bench is probably around 315...but the squat is true max effort and the bench is smooth... I just donno how to use my legs.
    RecoverBro ELITE

2. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    no you don't... my squat is like 365 while my bench is probably around 315...but the squat is true max effort and the bench is smooth... I just donno how to use my legs.
    Yeah my pr is a 405 squat and 320 bench. When I first started going to the gym I was all about the Oly lifts so I was squatting 4x a week. Then I realized I don't have the balls to throw myself under weight that would be nationally, or better, competitive. Heh.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift View Post
    Yea that is pretty damn good man! I'm no where near that!
    You'll get there man, squats go up big time once you stick with them.

4. Quote Originally Posted by jaycuda View Post
    Yeah my pr is a 405 squat and 320 bench. When I first started going to the gym I was all about the Oly lifts so I was squatting 4x a week. Then I realized I don't have the balls to throw myself under weight that would be nationally, or better, competitive. Heh.
    sweet jezus! I'm around 205 now (cutting) and I am weaker than you lol. 35lbs!~ damn you have some great stability. I can't even say anything about levers or structure as we are both the same height!
    RecoverBro ELITE

5. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    sweet jezus! I'm around 205 now (cutting) and I am weaker than you lol. 35lbs!~ damn you have some great stability. I can't even say anything about levers or structure as we are both the same height!
    My goal is to end up weighing 180-185 while staying under 10% bodyfat, any heavier would be too difficult to maintain imo
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by jaycuda View Post
    My goal is to end up weighing 180-185 while staying under 10% bodyfat, any heavier would be too difficult to maintain imo
    Yea... I wanna be around there too... any heavier and I think the only way would be to be chemically enhanced a good portion of the year, or be a bit fatter off the juice.

I wanna clean and jerk 335... Back squat 500 and deadlift 600. hehehe. I don't need to be competitive in weight lifting, I just wanna have power.
    RecoverBro ELITE

7. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Yea... I wanna be around there too... any heavier and I think the only way would be to be chemically enhanced a good portion of the year, or be a bit fatter off the juice.

I wanna clean and jerk 335... Back squat 500 and deadlift 600. hehehe. I don't need to be competitive in weight lifting, I just wanna have power.
    I can clean pretty much anything I can front squat, my jerks aren't there yet. Especially since my behind-the-neck jerk is worse than my jerk from the front lol

8. Quote Originally Posted by jaycuda View Post
    I can clean pretty much anything I can front squat, my jerks aren't there yet. Especially since my behind-the-neck jerk is worse than my jerk from the front lol
    omfg....
    How did you work on elbow flex to get arms parallel to the ground... I just can't do it... Also, when front squating... I can't for the life of me keep the elbows up... it hurts too much down my lat and my hams... is it jsut stretching? I do mobility stuff and hip stretches.. .any tips that helped you?
    RecoverBro ELITE

9. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    omfg....
    How did you work on elbow flex to get arms parallel to the ground... I just can't do it... Also, when front squating... I can't for the life of me keep the elbows up... it hurts too much down my lat and my hams... is it jsut stretching? I do mobility stuff and hip stretches.. .any tips that helped you?
    I couldn't do it at first either, before cleaning I would push the palms of my hands, with my fingers pointing towards the floor, against the wall to stretch out my wrists. That plus cleaning regularly got me flexible enough to have my arms parallel to the floor in about 5 days of cleaning.

10. Oh, actually there was like a speed drill I did as well.

You stay pretty light and basically upright row into a rack position. As fast as you can while focusing on trying to keep your arms up.

11. Quote Originally Posted by jaycuda View Post
    Oh, actually there was like a speed drill I did as well.

You stay pretty light and basically upright row into a rack position. As fast as you can while focusing on trying to keep your arms up.
    I am confused here... so basically use the traps and arms to pull the bar up into rack position and focus on arms up? If so I did this just now and almost knocked myself out (slammed the bar to my chin lol)

I have been doing the arm stretch and the cleaning for 2 weeks now.. perhaps I am just really tight lol.
    RecoverBro ELITE

12. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    I am confused here... so basically use the traps and arms to pull the bar up into rack position and focus on arms up? If so I did this just now and almost knocked myself out (slammed the bar to my chin lol)

I have been doing the arm stretch and the cleaning for 2 weeks now.. perhaps I am just really tight lol.
    Yes, just your arms/traps. I was doing it with 95lbs and it was actually pretty tiring. You need enough weight to 'force' your wrists down so its not up by your chin.

13. Quote Originally Posted by jaycuda View Post
    Yes, just your arms/traps. I was doing it with 95lbs and it was actually pretty tiring. You need enough weight to 'force' your wrists down so its not up by your chin.
    AHH!! hahah. This could be why! I'll try now. Gonna just some mobility skill stuff today so this fits right in!
    RecoverBro ELITE

14. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    AHH!! hahah. This could be why! I'll try now. Gonna just some mobility skill stuff today so this fits right in!
    Let me know how it goes. I'm going to sleep, it's 1:30am here.

15. May 4th, Back/Triceps.

I overslept, I kind of rushed through my workout because I had 2 hours to work out, shower and get up to Orlando to pick up some family members.

Overhand BB Row
    115x10
    135x10
    165x10
    185x10
    185x10

Pulls up
    BWx15
    BWx15
    BWx15
    BWx15

Lat Pulldowns

100x10
    170x10
    170x12
    170x10

Cable Push Downs
    -
    30x12
    40x12
    50x10
    50x10

Close grip Bench Press
    135x10
    205x5
    205x5
    225x5
    255x5
    255x3

Dips
    BWx15
    BW+75x10
    BW+100x10
    BW+100x10
    BW+100x8

DB Pullovers(I think thats the name, I'm standing up and hold a DB behind my head and pull it over my head really enjoy these)
    45x12
    55x12
    55x12
    65x10

16. May 5th, suppose to be Calves/Wildcard

... But I did Snatches and Clean & Jerks instead. I feel like they hit my calves pretty well and I don't like doing the normal calf exercises.

Little update so far - I'm sweating a lot more than usual which I think is why I'm to 168.2 as of this morning. Getting additional veins showing primarily in the bottom of my abdomens. Post workout pumps are lasting longer for me. Strength may be slightly up, nothing too prominent yet though.

17. I feel like I have a solid routine for my Back/Tricep and Chest/Bicep days. However, for the other days I feel like I could benefit from an additional 1-2 exercises added. Anybody have a recommendation for what I should add in?

18. Quote Originally Posted by jaycuda
    I feel like I have a solid routine for my Back/Tricep and Chest/Bicep days. However, for the other days I feel like I could benefit from an additional 1-2 exercises added. Anybody have a recommendation for what I should add in?
    Donno bro. Your shoulder routine looks good. I could only see doing hang power cleans there for the trap and shoulders. Maybe add in more unilateral raises?
    Leg wise you could probably try some sldl or leg presses. Depends on if you want more quad or ham focus as both will beat up your lower back. With squatting and deadlifting on that day I can see where that can start to be an issue. Man your chest strong.. Dips +100? Jeez lol.
    RecoverBro ELITE

19. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Donno bro. Your shoulder routine looks good. I could only see doing hang power cleans there for the trap and shoulders. Maybe add in more unilateral raises?
    Leg wise you could probably try some sldl or leg presses. Depends on if you want more quad or ham focus as both will beat up your lower back. With squatting and deadlifting on that day I can see where that can start to be an issue. Man your chest strong.. Dips +100? Jeez lol.
    I'm built for dips, huge triceps but biceps refuse to grow lol. Very disappointing

20. Quote Originally Posted by jaycuda View Post
    I'm built for dips, huge triceps but biceps refuse to grow lol. Very disappointing
    wow just like my old workout buddy... lol. I am the opposite... I want big triceps though haha!
    RecoverBro ELITE

21. May 7th, Chest/Biceps.

Flat Bench
    -
    135x10
    185x5
    225x5
    255x5
    265x5
    255x5
    275x3

Decline Bench
    275x5
    275x5
    285x5
    295x3
    285x4

Dumbbell Flys
    20x15
    30x15
    25x15
    25x15

Cambered Bar curls
    45x10
    75x10
    85x10
    85x12

DB isolation curls(Reps are per hand)
    35'sx8
    35'sx8
    35'sx8

22. You should do well with this. Good luck to you

23. Quote Originally Posted by jaycuda
    May 7th, Chest/Biceps.

Flat Bench -
    135x10
    185x5
    225x5
    255x5
    265x5
    255x5
    275x3

Decline Bench
    275x5
    275x5
    285x5
    295x3
    285x4

Dumbbell Flys
    20x15
    30x15
    25x15
    25x15

Cambered Bar curls
    45x10
    75x10
    85x10
    85x12

DB isolation curls(Reps are per hand)
    35'sx8
    35'sx8
    35'sx8
    Goddamn jay. Weak chest? Your numbers are almost as high as mine. I must say I do miss decline benching a lot.

Thx for the advice about the oly lifts. Been watching teaching vids on them and yea.... I need to rework my clean. I am muscling a good amount of the third pull and it's causing me to lose a lot of power. I got the first pull well, second pull could use some more hip thrust and bar placement, the end pull and flick needs work...
    Hope you get that rack. And get some bumper plates... If my wife and mom let me build a power rack at home I'd be set... But I think then the wife wouldn't go to the gym anymore lol.
    RecoverBro ELITE

24. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Goddamn jay. Weak chest? Your numbers are almost as high as mine. I must say I do miss decline benching a lot.

Thx for the advice about the oly lifts. Been watching teaching vids on them and yea.... I need to rework my clean. I am muscling a good amount of the third pull and it's causing me to lose a lot of power. I got the first pull well, second pull could use some more hip thrust and bar placement, the end pull and flick needs work...
    Hope you get that rack. And get some bumper plates... If my wife and mom let me build a power rack at home I'd be set... But I think then the wife wouldn't go to the gym anymore lol.
    I'm all new to these cleans... Would this be included on back day, shoulder day, leg day or what?
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience

25. Quote Originally Posted by MuscleGauge1 View Post
    You should do well with this. Good luck to you
    Thanks man, appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post

Yeah I was overpulling big time until after 245, where I hit a plateau for a bit and focused on pulling less and getting under faster. I was good about keeping it close to me but in videos it would basically look like I supersetted a power clean and front squat.

I figured out today(Well I asked for an explanation from one of the bigger guys at my gym) as to why my front squat and backsquat are identical in weight. It got a little gay but after showing off my quads, they're not proportional and my upper quads are lacking.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Phat Guy stacks AnaBeta/Prime (Sponsored)
    By Colbicide in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 04-19-2012, 09:20 PM
  2. Replies: 47
    Last Post: 11-29-2011, 02:21 AM