Erase Alone log.

pmdied

Awards
Hi All- I'm starting this log to document my progress using Erase solo.
I'm 38, been lifting on and off for the past 16 years but started on a serious program September 6th. Most of my exercise career consisted of competitive mountain biking and road cycling with weight training which kept my weight at around 170-175. I'm 5'10 and carry a significant amount of muscle mass in my upper leg thanks to all that cycling but he upper body was lacking.
January 1st I overhauled my diet, switched over to rice, chicken, tuna, etc plus a weight gainer (Rebuilt Mass) thrown in.
My training is consistent, 4-5 days a week of fundamentals with some isolation exercises.
I now weigh 201 with a bodyfat or ~16%
I seem to carry most of my fat I the "love handle" and navel area which is why I am cycling Erase Pro only.
I will post a post-workout "before " pic tomorrow morning (I typically workout at 7am).
I look forward to trying this out and posting my progress. Thanks all!

fumoney

fumoney

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sub'd

pmdied

Awards
I am adding a big edit here; I've decided to add DAA to this cycle for a more complete stack.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
subbed!

pmdied

Awards
Day 3. My observations include the following and could be COMPLETLEY pychosomatic but will post them nonetheless.
1. Noticed upon waking that my lovehandle area seemed slightly smaller, less pronounced.
2. Did back workout today and hit a PR with 1 arm DB cleans from the floor. 70lb for 8.
I was sweating very heavily and I noticed a slight bit of tachycardia. I noticed this yesterday and thought it had to do with my mixing of Assault and Hydroxystim but I felt it today without the added stimulant.
3. I was able to get a pump in my middle upper back in a manner that I had not felt before.
Again, all of these observations could be purely coincidental as I am just starting his cycle but I believe its better to log it in rather than dismiss it.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am adding a big edit here; I've decided to add DAA to this cycle for a more complete stack.

i was just about to suggest this then i read this post. good choice.

Est1969

Est1969

Awards
  • Established
Sub'd! Go man go. I look forward to watching how this stack works for you!

pmdied

Awards
Day 4. No workout today. Hit back hard yesterday but no soreness, which I typically get whenever I reintroduce an exercise ( in this case, heavy DB rows.)
Libido is also up (pun intended) and noticed some interesting looks today from my buddies' wives at an event.
When your my age with the wife, kids and all that you tend to be the most fit out of the bunch!
I have also noticed a bit more vascularity in my arms and some separation in my biceps which I KNOW was not there last week. Still, it's a bit soon and from what I've read most people really start noticing things around day 10-12.
Liking the results so far!

pmdied

Awards
Day 5. Day off. Noticed a bit of a mood swing but that is to be expected when increasing testosterone.
I can now say that my hip area has decreased in fat. Left left handle is visibly smaller
It is also important to note that I have not changed my diet nor increased cardio.

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
Good luck with the log. Nice to see you're seeing results so quickly!

pmdied

Awards
Thanks. Tomorrow is Deadlifts day and I'm super excited.

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Subbed

pmdied

Awards
Day 6. Back/Deadlifts day.
I use the trap bar as I find its better for my low back and medial epicondolysis in my right arm. That said, my weights went up 20lbs since last week.
225x10, 315x5, 365x4, 385x3. And I felt that I could have kept going..
T- bar row (just counting the plates)
90x15, 135x10 and a drop set of 180 down the ladder.
I'also noticed the dry skin and lips but that's a minor issue. Fish oil has helped in these areas, too.
Again, no change I diet and no increase in cardio.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I use the trap bar as I find its better for my low back and medial epicondolysis in my right arm. That said, my weights went up 20lbs since last week.
I'also noticed the dry skin and lips but that's a minor issue. Fish oil has helped in these areas, too.

20lb increases on lifts is solid!

pmdied

Awards
Was a crazy morning. The only thing that kept me from doing more reps was that I lost one of my straps and my grip was slipping in the max set.

pmdied

Awards
One more thing to note; 1 week before starting this cycle I STOPPED using creatine.
I had used ReBuilt Mass for two months ( yes, expensive but I was happy with it) which contains 10 grams of Creatine.
I don't know how long it takes for the effects of Creatine to wear off, nor do I know or believe in the "water retention" remarks sometime associated with creatine use (subcutaneous as opposed to intramuscular) but I felt it was worth mentioning.

Est1969

Est1969

Awards
  • Established
So 3 reps at 385 and you felt like you had more in the tank? Nice! When do you do deads next?

pmdied

Awards
I'll do them next Monday. For what its worth, I've come close to this mark using traditional bar lifts but my lower back doesn't like it.

pmdied

Awards
Day 7- Chest and bi's
Today was the first workout in 2 months where I performed dips. I've had a nagging shoulder pain and it has auspiciously gone away. Coincidence?
3 sets, with the final at 70lbs for 10.
Dumbbell presses 80x10.
Weighted pushups (45lb plate on my back) 12 reps.
Starting to see some veins pop out in my front delt/pec.
Edit- A week ago I measured my bodyfat in a ****ty Omron handheld device and it was 16.9% at 7am
Today at 7am it was 16.2%

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
No joke you look leaner and more vascular already

Est1969

Est1969

Awards
  • Established
Nice work. I had all kinds of little aches before starting ep/intimidate. All gone as well. Incredible what a little test boost can do...

FWIW electro impedance is a bad way to measure bf. spend six bucks on some calipers!

Keep it up,

Day 7- Chest and bi's
Today was the first workout in 2 months where I performed dips. I've had a nagging shoulder pain and it has auspiciously gone away. Coincidence?
3 sets, with the final at 70lbs for 10.
Dumbbell presses 80x10.
Weighted pushups (45lb plate on my back) 12 reps.
Starting to see some veins pop out in my front delt/pec.
Edit- A week ago I measured my bodyfat in a ****ty Omron handheld device and it was 16.9% at 7am
Today at 7am it was 16.2%

pmdied

Awards
Nice work. I had all kinds of little aches before starting ep/intimidate. All gone as well. Incredible what a little test boost can do...

FWIW electro impedance is a bad way to measure bf. spend six bucks on some calipers!

Keep it up,
I agree. They're crappy, but if they're consistantly crappy then I'm good! Lol
The fact that my aches are gone has enabled me to break through certain plateaus .

pmdied

Awards
Day 8. Rest day. Noticed a lot more size a definition in my shouders. Several of my polo shirts now will not stay buttoned on the second button! Didn't have this problem last week!
Looking forward to weighted pullups tomorrow.

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Day 8. Rest day. Noticed a lot more size a definition in my shouders. Several of my polo shirts now will not stay buttoned on the second button! Didn't have this problem last week!
Looking forward to weighted pullups tomorrow.
Great news, keep it up

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
That's really interesting

pmdied

Awards
Day 9. I had a conference in NY all day today so I had to work out in the evening. I'm typically a morning person so this was an adventure to say the least. Very crowded but, as usual, almost no one at the power rack.
To my amazement I was able to do two exercises that I had to abandon due to medial epicondolytis; overhand barbell rows and power cleans. Neither exercise bothered my elbows and I was throwing weight around like like a midget at a carnival!
Now there are those that have mentioned joint soreness from Erase Pro; I've had the opposite side effect. It seems that my low back and golfer's elbow have subsided to the point that the aforementioned exercises can be reintroduced.
Now, have you ever had a workout where you KNOW you're going to grow from it?
Or done a back workout so hard you CHEST got pumped? Well, today was that day.

Est1969

Est1969

Awards
  • Established
My guess on the elbow pain: the testosterone accelerated the recovery of the muscle soreness, but you have yet to feel the actual joint soreness from your natural lubricants drying out due to low estrogen. This is coming so have your cissus ready.

pmdied

Awards
Day 11. Chest and Shoulders.
Overhead push-press, maxing out at 155 for 5. A new PR for me as that sort of weight bothered my shoulders in the past.
Also noticed so great front delt development which has long eluded me.
And, I've gotten more compliments from people over the past week than I've gotten since starting my routine back in September 2011!

Est1969

Est1969

Awards
  • Established
Day 11. Chest and Shoulders.
Overhead push-press, maxing out at 155 for 5. A new PR for me as that sort of weight bothered my shoulders in the past.
Also noticed so great front delt development which has long eluded me.
And, I've gotten more compliments from people over the past week than I've gotten since starting my routine back in September 2011!
Well done!!! I've yet to hit 5x5 155 on Overheads, but I'm also getting great development of my delts since I started working these into my routine. Keep up the great work

pmdied

Awards
Thanks! I did it first in my routine to maximize my energy reserves. 7am on a Saturday morning, no less. Have you felt any joint discomfort from the EP? I've been taking 2 caps of fish oil daily so I haven't experienced anything so far.

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Thanks! I did it first in my routine to maximize my energy reserves. 7am on a Saturday morning, no less. Have you felt any joint discomfort from the EP? I've been taking 2 caps of fish oil daily so I haven't experienced anything so far.
It's strange, on original erase I was getting slight joint discomfort at 75 mg, but erase pro has not given me any trouble at all.

Est1969

Est1969

Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah.

After three weeks I started feeling soreness. I would throw down an extra dose of Cissus and Fish Oil and the pain would vanish in 90 minutes. Then about 5-6 weeks in my right elbow started cracking when I extended it. It was less than comfortable, to say the least. Cissus and fish oil no longer seemed to have an effect (but I never exceeded 5 super cissus and 6g fish oil per day). I dialed back to every 3rd day dosing, but after every dose my elbow would start cracking again in about 4 hours.

I figured I'd had enough of Erase Pro for now and would save the rest for my next cycle. Will give my body 8 weeks off and start another cycle in July. My elbow feels very good today. Only very faint popping...nearly normal.

EP is very strong stuff. Definitely delivers as advertised...and then some.

pmdied

Awards
Would it make sense/increase benefits to run this for 8 weeks instead of 4? I've opted to NOT change my diet or increase cardio during the initial 30 day cycle bit now I'm thinking of extending it to 8 weeks. Any benefit/logic to this? Should I add another supplement, say Anabeta or T2?

pmdied

Awards
Day 12- rest day. Here's a side shot of my right arm. I've definitely noticed in increase in size and definition. Very pleased despite the poor lighting and the fact that I am normally pasty-white!.
A few other observations -
I did power cleans on Thursday (today is Sunday) and usually after a long layoff from a particular exercise I am crippled for several days. In this case I am barely aware of any DOMS. Quite remarkable given my age and circumstance.
Additionally, I must be giving off some sort of scent because I am getting more attention from women than I can remember, including my own wife! At first I thought it was just my furtive imagination but it has been happening on a daily basis. My basic knowledge of human biology and chemistry suggests that male pheromones are the culprit and there is a distinct possibility that I am pumping more of them out. Is this due to an increase in testosterone? Perhaps one of you fine members with a Ph.D after your name could shed some light.

Attachments

pmdied

Awards
Day 13. Sorry for the gap. Been having trouble with this log and errors. Not sure if he past few data's logging are visible as I typically enter my info via app.
Deadlifts on Monday- 405 for 3. Yet another PR- 50lb increase from the previous week.
Yesterday was chest and shoulders.
Hit another PR with standing overhead barbell presess; 165x5.
Also, measured bodyfat this morning at %15.6
Remember that when I started almost 2 weeks ago I was %16.9 so this can't be a random fluctuation. Diet is the same and no increase in cardio. Here's another front pic. Terrible lighting.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

pmdied

Awards
Day 15. Back day. I focused on just two exercises for strength and mass: cleans and bent over rows.
I did 6 sets of each with the last set a drop set. Set another personal record for cleans; 175x4
Mood has been great throughout the day and I'm noticing more vascularity and definition in my legs and arms.

pmdied

Awards
Day 16- well, just knocked out a killer chest workout. Hit a new PR with bench press; 315x2. Never in my life have I ever even come close to this sort of weight. And its the first time in years where I felt both comfortable in a tank top (confidence) AND had other guys at the gym ask me how I've been able to increase my big lifts. One guy actually thought I was juicing but I simply explained my program. I've also gained incredible pumps and focus on lagging area, typically my arms.
Scale showed me at 200lbs exactly and my body fat is 15.6% I can only imagine what I will look like after 8 weeks! Now granted, 90% of my success has been to diet, consistency with my workouts and rest. But the remaining 10% I can honestly attribute to this stack.

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Congrats on the PR, you are doing great, keep it up.

pmdied

Awards
Day 18. Day off. Chest, traps and lower lats are all sore from the ass-kicking I gave them the past few days. Did a short trail run this morning and then some serious cheating on my diet due to a fantastic Mother's Day lunch. Had steak and ice cream along with some bread and other **** I haven't had in months. Tomorrow will most likely be power cleans day, but I feel a little bit of a cold coming on so time will tell. I have to travel to DC Wednesday through Friday so I may miss a few workouts if the hotel doesn't have a gym.
Aside from that nonsense my upper torso has been packing on muscle and I'm quite pleased.
Thinking about adding Anabeta Elite to my second 30 day cycle along with my current stack of Erase Pro and DAA.

pmdied

Awards
Day 19 Took yesterday and today off. Was running a 102 fever but surprising, I feel so much better. Had I not a great diet and exercise plan Im sure my recovery would have taken much longer. I leave for DC tomorrow for three days and debating whether to use this week as a recovery week. Its been about 2 months since I've taken a week off so perhaps this is my body's way of telling me something. Any suggestions?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 19 Took yesterday and today off. Was running a 102 fever but surprising, I feel so much better. Had I not a great diet and exercise plan Im sure my recovery would have taken much longer. I leave for DC tomorrow for three days and debating whether to use this week as a recovery week. Its been about 2 months since I've taken a week off so perhaps this is my body's way of telling me something. Any suggestions?
You could take a week off from resistance training - it's not going to hurt your body and will give it chance for recovery, and when you come back, you'll likely be able to get back into it better and harder than ever. Every has different preferences and needs, but a week off from weights every 8-12 weeks is "generally" recommended re recovery.

~Rosie~

Est1969

Est1969

Awards
  • Established
Congrats on the PR! So you put up six plates and some dude just walks up and asks if you're juicing? Kinda bizarre...

Keep up the good fight and I look forward to seeing more progression pics.

Day 16- well, just knocked out a killer chest workout. Hit a new PR with bench press; 315x2. Never in my life have I ever even come close to this sort of weight. And its the first time in years where I felt both comfortable in a tank top (confidence) AND had other guys at the gym ask me how I've been able to increase my big lifts. One guy actually thought I was juicing but I simply explained my program. I've also gained incredible pumps and focus on lagging area, typically my arms.
Scale showed me at 200lbs exactly and my body fat is 15.6% I can only imagine what I will look like after 8 weeks! Now granted, 90% of my success has been to diet, consistency with my workouts and rest. But the remaining 10% I can honestly attribute to this stack.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thinking of using erase with my trt..thinking it will be cheaper in the long run

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Nothing wrong with a little recovery.

pmdied

Awards
Day 23. Had to take the week off from training. Had a terrible cold that settled in my chest and is still rattling around. Lost about 5 pounds due to my lack of appetite. Abs popped out a little more so I guess there's an upside to it. I'll hit the gym tomorrow and take it light. Took the Erase Pro and just missed one day. I'll start the DAA this week.

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Glad your better bud.