RickRock sets his training ON FIRE with IGNITE 2!! (Finaflex sponsored)

Page 2 of 10 First 1234 ... Last

  1. Nice, 5x5 is such a fun workout too. My joints have a hard time standing up to it for very long. Too many years of steady abuse...

    What kind of endurance races? I really want to take up biking myself but I don't have the funds at the moment for even a decent bike.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Use Kleen10 for a 10% discount
    www.OrbitSupplements.com


  2. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73
    Nice, 5x5 is such a fun workout too. My joints have a hard time standing up to it for very long. Too many years of steady abuse...

    What kind of endurance races? I really want to take up biking myself but I don't have the funds at the moment for even a decent bike.
    Outside of my job I run a lot of races. 5k - full marathons. This last year I have transitioned from road races to trail races which I find much much more enjoyable. I used to mountain bike, but have been out of it for awhile. Going to by a bike again after this coming deployment. There was a guy on here who was selling a pretty decent road bike for 500 with some good accessories and aftermarket parts. Otherwise Craigslist is a good place to scope for deals. A little patience and monitoring can lead to nice finds.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Nice, 5x5 is such a fun workout too. My joints have a hard time standing up to it for very long. Too many years of steady abuse...

    What kind of endurance races? I really want to take up biking myself but I don't have the funds at the moment for even a decent bike.

    Yah I convert that to 5/5/5/8/12 and only do that kind of routine about twice a year for no longer than 4 weeks. Joints won't take any more...

  4. Lots of good discussion guys! Keep it up! I'm learning a lot here.

    As for Cardio, I'm a lot like Kleen in that respect. For the most part, I like keeping my cardio and lifting days separate. I like the idea of training and eating for what my goal is that day. Cardio and low Cal's/carbs on the same day for a "burn" and higher Cal's and carbs on workout days for a "build". When i am more geared towards cutting I will gave more burn days in the week, and when I'm geared more towards building I will have more of those. At times though I have done some LISS in the pm on lifting days (usually incline treadmill walking) when trying to dry out and tighten up more.

    5x5 is something I'm seriously considering going to very soon in a month or so when i start another cycle. I'm still a little unsure how its all set up though. I know its 5 sets of 5 reps o'er exercise, but I'm not exactly sure how the progression on weight is supposed to be set up. For anyone that has good input on that I would appreciate it!!

    Now to the update!!....

    Today is a burn day, and first experience with Ignite 2 or any preworkout for that matter while doing cardio. I generally just use burners on these days, so it was a nice change to compare.

    Well, I certainly had much more energy than I was used to for a cardio session which was a nice bonus. From the get go, I was ready to kill it. Usually I don't get a lot of vascularity coming through during cardio, but today I did. I'm sure the blend in Ignite 2 was probably the reason for this. After about 10 minutes I really had some serious sweating going on, and after about 20 minutes I was sweating more than I can recall EVER sweating during a cardio session! What the hell is in Ignite to make that happen? I figured I would sweat more on a burner, but not today. I soaked my shirt even more than when I ran S4, and that's saying a lot!!

    The session went great and I ended with a good burn....

    30 minutes running (not jogging Kleen ) @ 8 MPH for a 410 cal burn

    15 minutes HIIT elliptical for 200 cal burn

    Total:610 Cal's burned

    Followed that up with some weighted ab work and leg raises

    I may do a little light cardio after work to make a total burn of 1k today
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"

  5. Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    Lots of good discussion guys! Keep it up! I'm learning a lot here.

    As for Cardio, I'm a lot like Kleen in that respect. For the most part, I like keeping my cardio and lifting days separate. I like the idea of training and eating for what my goal is that day. Cardio and low Cal's/carbs on the same day for a "burn" and higher Cal's and carbs on workout days for a "build". When i am more geared towards cutting I will gave more burn days in the week, and when I'm geared more towards building I will have more of those. At times though I have done some LISS in the pm on lifting days (usually incline treadmill walking) when trying to dry out and tighten up more.

    5x5 is something I'm seriously considering going to very soon in a month or so when i start another cycle. I'm still a little unsure how its all set up though. I know its 5 sets of 5 reps o'er exercise, but I'm not exactly sure how the progression on weight is supposed to be set up. For anyone that has good input on that I would appreciate it!!

    Now to the update!!....

    Today is a burn day, and first experience with Ignite 2 or any preworkout for that matter while doing cardio. I generally just use burners on these days, so it was a nice change to compare.

    Well, I certainly had much more energy than I was used to for a cardio session which was a nice bonus. From the get go, I was ready to kill it. Usually I don't get a lot of vascularity coming through during cardio, but today I did. I'm sure the blend in Ignite 2 was probably the reason for this. After about 10 minutes I really had some serious sweating going on, and after about 20 minutes I was sweating more than I can recall EVER sweating during a cardio session! What the hell is in Ignite to make that happen? I figured I would sweat more on a burner, but not today. I soaked my shirt even more than when I ran S4, and that's saying a lot!!

    The session went great and I ended with a good burn....

    30 minutes running (not jogging Kleen ) @ 8 MPH for a 410 cal burn

    15 minutes HIIT elliptical for 200 cal burn

    Total:610 Cal's burned

    Followed that up with some weighted ab work and leg raises

    I may do a little light cardio after work to make a total burn of 1k today
    I notice when I workout on stims I am way above norm, energy wise. It might be the increase in output that made you sweat more. I find Ignite really empowers me at a phsyical level too...

  6. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver

    I notice when I workout on stims I am way above norm, energy wise. It might be the increase in output that made you sweat more. I find Ignite really empowers me at a phsyical level too...
    That would make sense except that everything was done at the same pace and same settings at the same time. So I don't see how I could have pushed harder considering the pace is set for me (particularly the treadmill)
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"

  7. Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    Lots of good discussion guys! Keep it up! I'm learning a lot here.

    As for Cardio, I'm a lot like Kleen in that respect. For the most part, I like keeping my cardio and lifting days separate. I like the idea of training and eating for what my goal is that day. Cardio and low Cal's/carbs on the same day for a "burn" and higher Cal's and carbs on workout days for a "build". When i am more geared towards cutting I will gave more burn days in the week, and when I'm geared more towards building I will have more of those. At times though I have done some LISS in the pm on lifting days (usually incline treadmill walking) when trying to dry out and tighten up more.

    5x5 is something I'm seriously considering going to very soon in a month or so when i start another cycle. I'm still a little unsure how its all set up though. I know its 5 sets of 5 reps o'er exercise, but I'm not exactly sure how the progression on weight is supposed to be set up. For anyone that has good input on that I would appreciate it!!

    Now to the update!!....

    Today is a burn day, and first experience with Ignite 2 or any preworkout for that matter while doing cardio. I generally just use burners on these days, so it was a nice change to compare.

    Well, I certainly had much more energy than I was used to for a cardio session which was a nice bonus. From the get go, I was ready to kill it. Usually I don't get a lot of vascularity coming through during cardio, but today I did. I'm sure the blend in Ignite 2 was probably the reason for this. After about 10 minutes I really had some serious sweating going on, and after about 20 minutes I was sweating more than I can recall EVER sweating during a cardio session! What the hell is in Ignite to make that happen? I figured I would sweat more on a burner, but not today. I soaked my shirt even more than when I ran S4, and that's saying a lot!!

    The session went great and I ended with a good burn....

    30 minutes running (not jogging Kleen ) @ 8 MPH for a 410 cal burn

    15 minutes HIIT elliptical for 200 cal burn

    Total:610 Cal's burned

    Followed that up with some weighted ab work and leg raises

    I may do a little light cardio after work to make a total burn of 1k today
    You and your sick ass burn days! 1k calories.....
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience

  8. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver

    Yah I convert that to 5/5/5/8/12 and only do that kind of routine about twice a year for no longer than 4 weeks. Joints won't take any more...
    Each of my workouts starts with only like 2 main exercises that are done 5x5. The rest I consider accessory work and are typically done in the 8-12 range. That and I do a progressive schedule ie 60% of 1RM one week, 70% the next and so on, then go back to 60 based off new 1RM. So, it hasn't been too bad in the joints.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

  9. Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13
    Lots of good discussion guys! Keep it up! I'm learning a lot here.

    As for Cardio, I'm a lot like Kleen in that respect. For the most part, I like keeping my cardio and lifting days separate. I like the idea of training and eating for what my goal is that day. Cardio and low Cal's/carbs on the same day for a "burn" and higher Cal's and carbs on workout days for a "build". When i am more geared towards cutting I will gave more burn days in the week, and when I'm geared more towards building I will have more of those. At times though I have done some LISS in the pm on lifting days (usually incline treadmill walking) when trying to dry out and tighten up more.

    5x5 is something I'm seriously considering going to very soon in a month or so when i start another cycle. I'm still a little unsure how its all set up though. I know its 5 sets of 5 reps o'er exercise, but I'm not exactly sure how the progression on weight is supposed to be set up. For anyone that has good input on that I would appreciate it!!

    Now to the update!!....

    Today is a burn day, and first experience with Ignite 2 or any preworkout for that matter while doing cardio. I generally just use burners on these days, so it was a nice change to compare.

    Well, I certainly had much more energy than I was used to for a cardio session which was a nice bonus. From the get go, I was ready to kill it. Usually I don't get a lot of vascularity coming through during cardio, but today I did. I'm sure the blend in Ignite 2 was probably the reason for this. After about 10 minutes I really had some serious sweating going on, and after about 20 minutes I was sweating more than I can recall EVER sweating during a cardio session! What the hell is in Ignite to make that happen? I figured I would sweat more on a burner, but not today. I soaked my shirt even more than when I ran S4, and that's saying a lot!!

    The session went great and I ended with a good burn....

    30 minutes running (not jogging Kleen ) @ 8 MPH for a 410 cal burn

    15 minutes HIIT elliptical for 200 cal burn

    Total:610 Cal's burned

    Followed that up with some weighted ab work and leg raises

    I may do a little light cardio after work to make a total burn of 1k today
    I have a 5x5 program posted up in HQ. Otherwise there are good resources out there. For example strong lifts has an app that will tell you exactly what you should be doing when and how much. Only thing with SL is its 3 days a week. For my own sanity I need at least 4 days a wk. which mine is.

    You probably are right about the diet in conjunction with what type of training, but my diet is fairly crappy. It's not horrible, just not what it should be. Blame my Taiwanese wife and all her damn carbs and fried Chinese food.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

  10. Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat

    I have a 5x5 program posted up in HQ. Otherwise there are good resources out there. For example strong lifts has an app that will tell you exactly what you should be doing when and how much. Only thing with SL is its 3 days a week. For my own sanity I need at least 4 days a wk. which mine is.

    You probably are right about the diet in conjunction with what type of training, but my diet is fairly crappy. It's not horrible, just not what it should be. Blame my Taiwanese wife and all her damn carbs and fried Chinese food.
    I probably should be doing a performanced based workout so I can burn off all the food my Japanese wife feeds me... (which is mostly Japanese styled Chinese food... )

    It's a good program Rick. I'm moving to it after I complete pct.
    RecoverBro ELITE
    •   
       


  11. I will definitely check into the 5x5. I've never tried it, and my hopes are that it will help bring some new mass and strength. As long as my joints hold up, I think it will work great
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"

  12. Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    Each of my workouts starts with only like 2 main exercises that are done 5x5. The rest I consider accessory work and are typically done in the 8-12 range. That and I do a progressive schedule ie 60% of 1RM one week, 70% the next and so on, then go back to 60 based off new 1RM. So, it hasn't been too bad in the joints.
    Yah progression is a very big help for the joints...if I knew than what I know now....

  13. Late, but def in.

    I'll catch up on the reading this weekend.

    Always down for a Rick log
    Quote Originally Posted by swollen87 View Post
    lol in highschool i ran the original halodrol 50 for 8 weeks with clenbuterol and vodka as pct
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/old-school-hormone/193259-begins-morry-vs.html

  14. Quote Originally Posted by morry
    Late, but def in.

    I'll catch up on the reading this weekend.

    Always down for a Rick log
    Glad to have you Morry!!
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"

  15. Damn good workout today. I felt incredible, was full of energy, and I killed it pretty good. Ignite helped out a lot and I think my dose was perfect on it. Had another heaping scoop of it and it seemed to really do the trick.

    My body composition looked great today. What surprised me is that my weight was up even after a burn day. I was 167, and looked to be holding very little water but very full. It was the perfect recipe for the gym. I had insane vascularity, huge pumps, and looked pretty big.



    Quads/arms

    Squats
    135x15
    225x12x11
    245x9x8
    275x6
    245x8
    225x10x10

    Leg extension
    160x10x10x10x10

    Weighted dips
    BW + 90 x 15
    BW + 135 x 7x6(drop), +90x11(drop)+45x12(drop)BWx13

    Triceps push Downs
    120x12
    130x11x10x10

    Alternate DB curls
    45sx12
    50sx11
    55sx9
    50sx10

    Ez bar preachers (@ 90 degree angle)
    65x12
    75x10x10
    65x11
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"

  16. ^^^Rick... You are killing it Brotha, I Love it!!!^^^
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!

  17. Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    Damn good workout today. I felt incredible, was full of energy, and I killed it pretty good. Ignite helped out a lot and I think my dose was perfect on it. Had another heaping scoop of it and it seemed to really do the trick.

    My body composition looked great today. What surprised me is that my weight was up even after a burn day. I was 167, and looked to be holding very little water but very full. It was the perfect recipe for the gym. I had insane vascularity, huge pumps, and looked pretty big.



    Quads/arms

    Squats
    135x15
    225x12x11
    245x9x8
    275x6
    245x8
    225x10x10

    Leg extension
    160x10x10x10x10

    Weighted dips
    BW + 90 x 15
    BW + 135 x 7x6(drop), +90x11(drop)+45x12(drop)BWx13

    Triceps push Downs
    120x12
    130x11x10x10

    Alternate DB curls
    45sx12
    50sx11
    55sx9
    50sx10

    Ez bar preachers (@ 90 degree angle)
    65x12
    75x10x10
    65x11
    hmm you're running it every day, could be the creatrona and amped DAA combo for the extra 2 lbs

  18. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver

    hmm you're running it every day, could be the creatrona and amped DAA combo for the extra 2 lbs
    Possibly. I have a decent fullness, but no bloat (or very little), so wherever the effects are coming from its pretty positive!!
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"

  19. I gave Ignite 2 a very good test today for a burn day. I've been contemplating entering a half-marathon sometime this summer when I feel I'm ready, and I've been planning to start training for it in my cardio sessions for a while....Figured today was a good day to start!!

    So, after a nice big scoop of Ignite 2, I hit the treadmill with a goal in mind. See how fast I can get in half the distance to start. A half marathon is 13 miles, so i figured if I start at half the distance (6.5 miles) and add in a mile or two each week, I might be ready for this thing by summertime!

    I'm already used to hitting the treadmill running for 4-5 miles 3 times a week, so I knew I could get the distance, just wanted to make sure I could keep the pace up.

    After about 15 minutes of my dose of Ignite, I was amped up and full of energy to try it out. I did varied speed of 8-9 MPH, but I reached my goal and got 6.5 miles within 45 minutes with some seconds to spare!

    My overall goal is to get the half marathon in at an hour and a half, so I'm right on pace....if I can just keep the same pace for another 6.5 miles I will get it!


    Burned about 1k Cal's overall
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"

  20. Your cardio endurance is amazing bro. As always your strength is crazy too. Keep killing it you madman!
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience

  21. Great workout ! Your cardio is amazing...

    How do you compare the Ignight vs Jacked or White Flood?
    Quote Originally Posted by swollen87 View Post
    lol in highschool i ran the original halodrol 50 for 8 weeks with clenbuterol and vodka as pct
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/old-school-hormone/193259-begins-morry-vs.html

  22. Quote Originally Posted by morry
    Great workout ! Your cardio is amazing...

    How do you compare the Ignight vs Jacked or White Flood?
    Yea how do you compare it to jacked, I'm a jack3d addict so it would be good info to have!
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience

  23. Well Rick finally took your advice on the LN cheesecake, it's cooling in fridge now! Will let you know how I like it in am.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience

  24. Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    I gave Ignite 2 a very good test today for a burn day. I've been contemplating entering a half-marathon sometime this summer when I feel I'm ready, and I've been planning to start training for it in my cardio sessions for a while....Figured today was a good day to start!!

    So, after a nice big scoop of Ignite 2, I hit the treadmill with a goal in mind. See how fast I can get in half the distance to start. A half marathon is 13 miles, so i figured if I start at half the distance (6.5 miles) and add in a mile or two each week, I might be ready for this thing by summertime!

    I'm already used to hitting the treadmill running for 4-5 miles 3 times a week, so I knew I could get the distance, just wanted to make sure I could keep the pace up.

    After about 15 minutes of my dose of Ignite, I was amped up and full of energy to try it out. I did varied speed of 8-9 MPH, but I reached my goal and got 6.5 miles within 45 minutes with some seconds to spare!

    My overall goal is to get the half marathon in at an hour and a half, so I'm right on pace....if I can just keep the same pace for another 6.5 miles I will get it!


    Burned about 1k Cal's overall
    I did a half and you don't run a half before you actually do it. I ran 3 10 k's a week and then about 6 days before I ran 15 k and then killed the half... 1 hour 55 not as fast as you but I was 240...

  25. Wow rr the cheesecake is so good bro!
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience

  26. Quote Originally Posted by morry
    Great workout ! Your cardio is amazing...

    How do you compare the Ignight vs Jacked or White Flood?
    The stim in Ignite is more smooth and clean than both white flood and Jacked IMO (I've used both), but I would say it is unbelievably powerful for one scoop. I've had lots of energy on Ignite but no jitters
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"

  27. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver

    I did a half and you don't run a half before you actually do it. I ran 3 10 k's a week and then about 6 days before I ran 15 k and then killed the half... 1 hour 55 not as fast as you but I was 240...
    That is still a damn good time Doug especially at 240!!
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"

  28. Quote Originally Posted by LiveToLift
    Wow rr the cheesecake is so good bro!
    I told you didn't I!!
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"

  29. Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13

    I told you didn't I!!
    Yessir, definitely will be making one a week!
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience

  30. Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    The stim in Ignite is more smooth and clean than both white flood and Jacked IMO (I've used both), but I would say it is unbelievably powerful for one scoop. I've had lots of energy on Ignite but no jitters
    Plus Ignite lasts much longer and has more reaction in the body for better workouts, for me anyway. I call it body stim
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Finaflex N.O. Ignite Log (Sponsored) - Cordeen
    By Cordeen in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-28-2010, 08:14 PM
  2. WarcraftJJS's FinaFlex N.O. Ignite Log. (Sponsored)
    By WarcraftJJS in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 06-03-2010, 10:22 AM
  3. Getting Ignited! Finaflex N.O. Ignite (sponsored)
    By srgraham69 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-26-2010, 01:46 PM
  4. Ticco's FinaFlex N.O. Ignite Log (sponsored)
    By ticco in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-24-2010, 09:42 AM
Log in
Log in