Charging up with NeuroSurge--A Neogenix sponsored production

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First a big thanks to ddfox, PrepNwa23, and the Neogenix team for giving me the chance to log their product. Very generous and much appreciated!

The supplement:

neurosurge-main.gif

What's in it:

NeuroSurgefacts.gif

The write-up:

Neogenix NeuroSurge

Neogenix: NeuroSurge
Performance Amplifying Solution!*

Supports Strength & Endurance, Aids Focus & Concentration, & Asists Energy Production!*

NeuroSurge™ is an ultra concentrated nootropic-based performance support.* It's formulated with a combination of cerebral stimulants and antioxidants, which may help promote energy levels and cognition while supporting positive mood.*

NeuroSurge™ works by enhancing the release and uptake of neurotransmitters in the brain.* When these chemical messengers are elevated in the proper sequence, a powerful physiological and psychological effect may occur.*

As a result, NeuroSurge™ may support strength and endurance levels and decrease fatigue, both physical and mental.* It may enhance cognitive abilities like focus and concentration while promoting a steady stream of energy throughout the body.*

Key Neurotransmission Modulating Systems:

Adenosinergic Matrix: May help promote methylxanthine and its derivatives, which are central nervous system stimulants that promote alertness and energy, support lipolysis (fat burning), spare muscle glycogen for enhanced endurance, and may also induce vasodilation for improved circulation during workouts.*

Dopaminergic Matrix: May help support dopamine, which plays a major role in the brain system responsible for reward-seeking behavior.* It provides feelings of enjoyment that motivates a person to perform certain activities.* Dopamine is also a chemical precursor to the "fight-or-flight" hormone, Adrenaline.*

Cholinergic Matrix: May help support acetylcholine, which is the primary chemical messenger of thought and memory. This excitatory neurochemical is essential for memory storage and recall, and partly responsible for concentration and focus.* It also plays an important role in muscular coordination and control.

Serotonergic Matrix: This Matrix may help promote serotonin, which is an inhibitory neurotransmitter that is intimately involved with mood. It may help promote a healthy appetite level and may also help support healthy sleep patterns.*

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A little bit about me:

I'm 28 years old and have been training off and on for almost 14 years. I coach football and basketball and as such tend to do pretty crappy workout wise during those seasons. Well, both seasons are done so time to tear it up!

Nutrtion:

Lean gains lifer. Paleo inspired long time carb a phobe when dieting. Currently carb cycling with higher calorie and carb days on workout days and two very low calorie very low carb days per week. I'll share more of my diet in the log.

Workouts:

SuperHero Workout by John Romainello and Matt McGorry.
Some various forms of cardio/core training on top of it.

The Super Hero Workout Review | John Romaniello Program

Goal:

Lose body fat and add muscle, with the focus on dropping the bodyfat first.

Other supps:

I don't want anything to get in the way of fairly logging NeuroSurge so I'm not changing ANY variables at this point. Supplements taken include: Whey protein, BCAA's, Mixed Carotenoids, Fish oil, Vitamin D, multi-vitamin, Oximega Greens, Fiber, and topical fat burners Abliderate Advanced and Eviscerate (morning application of both, have been using them for a while).

More later as I'm getting ready for Easter dinner!

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
----Final Review of Neurosurge----

Taste: 10/10- It's a very refreshing drink. It tastes a lot like grape xtend (old version) and very subtle. Another example would be a grape jolly rancher. It's not over-powering in the least bit and it's a taste I always looked forward to.

Mixability: 10/10- Always used my blender bottle with wire whisk at the bottom. Zero clumps, Zero floaties. An easy mix with no problems.

Workouts: 9/10- Had some really great workouts on this product. Definite energy feeling with solid focus from the product. It shines in the "neural" department. The effects hit and are long lasting but never had much of a crash. It's heavy on the stim side with 300 mg of caffeine but I never felt jittery or anything.

It isn't really designed to help in the pumps department like some other pre-workouts. I wonder how this would stack with agmatine or something like hemavol...things that are designed to help with pumps. Might be worth seeing if one is really looking for pumps from their pre-workout.

Value: 7/10- Most places it's a little over a dollar a serving which might be a little pricey for some people, but pretty comparable to most other pre-workouts. Another thing to mention is that 25 servings should be just that--25 servings. No need to double or triple the dose to feel the effects. In fact the one time I tried to I got diminishing returns. 1 scoop was spot on.

Overall: 8.5/10 I really enjoyed my run of Neurosurge and would highly recommend it. It's certainly in the upper echelon of pre-workout products.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day one: 4-08-2012

Supplement thoughts: Started out with half a serving of NeuroSurge as recommended. The product is more of a nootropic based product than many other pre-workouts on the market. I appreciate the non prop blend a lot. Always good to know exactly how much of something you're putting into your body. I really like the initial taste. Very light grape, not overwhelming in any way. Tastes a LOT like old grape extend (which I love). Doesn't seem to be loaded up with artificial colors as it produces a very light purple mixture. Mixed very easily in my blender bottle.

Workout: I'm on Phase 2 of the SuperHero program and its a full body density phase. Set the timer for 25 minutes and do as many circuits as you can. Today was total body density training with "chest" focus.

A1: Tuck Jump- 5 sets of 8 reps
A2: Inc. DB Bench Press (35 pound DB's)- 5 sets of 8 reps
A3: Chinups- 4, 3, 3, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2
A4: DB (20 pound DB's) Bulgarian Split Squat- 5 sets of 8 reps
A5: Feet elevated pushup- 5 sets of 10 reps
A6: Lying reverse crunch- 5 sets of 10 reps

Ended with some tabata jump roping.

A really solid workout overall, felt focused and in the zone. Nothing major to report on the half dose of NeuroSurge, but ready to bump up to a serving next workout as I didn't feel anything negative that would make me think I need to be easy on this stuff.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I will try and shoot a picture of what it looks like in a blender bottle on Tuesday.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day two: 4-10-2012

Supplement thoughts: Full serving of NeuroSurge today before the workout. Some stomach uneasiness that was honestly going on before ingesting the product. It's something I will monitor but don't think it is NeuroSurge related in the least bit. Overall a very lackluster workout and not much to report from the supplement today. I will say that I was very hurried and stressed (was working out quickly before driving home for a funeral) at the gym and I think I was bound to have a poor workout today no matter what NeuroSurge or not. Just a lot going on, perhaps should have taken the day off. Hoping Thursday I can have a better analysis of the product!

Workout: I'm on Phase 2 of the SuperHero program and its a full body density phase. Set the timer for 25 minutes and do as many circuits as you can. Today was total body density training with "ab" focus.

A1: Burpees (no pushup): 4 sets of 8 reps
A2: Inc. DB Bench Press (40 pound DB's)- 4 sets of 8 reps
A3: Ab wheel- 4 sets of 8 reps
A4: Lateral lunge- 4 sets of 8 reps per leg
A5: Chest supported DB row (25 pound DB's)- 4 sets of 8 reps
A6: Anti-rotation russian twist (4 sets of 8 reps, 10 pound DB)

Felt poor going in, knew I was going to be rushed, and didn't get better. Got "through" it, but lackluster overall.

Still loved the taste of it!

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day two: 4-10-2012

Supplement thoughts: Full serving of NeuroSurge today before the workout. Some stomach uneasiness that was honestly going on before ingesting the product. It's something I will monitor but don't think it is NeuroSurge related in the least bit. Overall a very lackluster workout and not much to report from the supplement today. I will say that I was very hurried and stressed (was working out quickly before driving home for a funeral) at the gym and I think I was bound to have a poor workout today no matter what NeuroSurge or not. Just a lot going on, perhaps should have taken the day off. Hoping Thursday I can have a better analysis of the product!

Workout: I'm on Phase 2 of the SuperHero program and its a full body density phase. Set the timer for 25 minutes and do as many circuits as you can. Today was total body density training with "ab" focus.

A1: Burpees (no pushup): 4 sets of 8 reps
A2: Inc. DB Bench Press (40 pound DB's)- 4 sets of 8 reps
A3: Ab wheel- 4 sets of 8 reps
A4: Lateral lunge- 4 sets of 8 reps per leg
A5: Chest supported DB row (25 pound DB's)- 4 sets of 8 reps
A6: Anti-rotation russian twist (4 sets of 8 reps, 10 pound DB)

Felt poor going in, knew I was going to be rushed, and didn't get better. Got "through" it, but lackluster overall.

Still loved the taste of it!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man if I was logging this I would have messed it up right at the beginning. I would have taken 2 scoops right off the bat. Go hard or go home :)

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't forsee myself traveling to 2 scoop territory though I may hit one and a half. 600 grams of caffeine before workout sounds no bueno even for a stim head like me!

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't forsee myself traveling to 2 scoop territory though I may hit one and a half. 600 grams of caffeine before workout sounds no bueno even for a stim head like me!
No doubt i couldn't even begin to fathom 2 scoops of this 300 grams is alot to me. I'm good for maybe half that much.

DkGreek

DkGreek

Awards
  • Established
Why you no include me?

:/

Kidding son, good luck.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whooo didn't know it was that much! :D!

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whooo didn't know it was that much! :D!
Yeah, one advantage of not having prop blends is you don't have to question how much of something a product has. I really like when companies make that move!

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Delaying todays workout until tomorrow as I'm stuck late at work. Friday then Sunday will be next workouts.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, one advantage of not having prop blends is you don't have to question how much of something a product has. I really like when companies make that move!
Everything we make no prop blends here.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day three: 4-13-2012 (didn't post this up last night).

Supplement thoughts: Full serving of NeuroSurge 30 minutes before workout. One slightly annoying thing is getting a scoop of Neuro goodness in the scooper. The bottle is long and the product is towards the bottom so I can see as the serving dwindles that getting it is going to be a pain. Not a major complaint by any means of course. Today was a much better workout and chance to give NeuroSurge a whirl. Still loving the taste.

Really "felt" the NeuroSurge today. Lots of focus in the gym, lots of intensity. Good clean energy and no crash afterwards. Digging it so far.

Workout: Yesterday was Day One of Phase 3 of the Superhero program. It's more of a traditional bodybuilding phase. Workout one was Chest and Back.

A- Incline Bench Press: 6 sets of 6 reps- 95, 105, 115, 115, 110
(Rest 60 seconds between sets)

B1- Pendlay Row- 3 sets of 12 reps: 85, 85, 85
B2- Incline Neutral Grip DB Press: 35, 35, 35
(Rest 60 seconds between exercises)

C: Wide grip pullup giant sets: 5 reps, 3 reps, 3 reps, chinups 6

D1- Squeeze Press: 5 sets of 10 reps- 30, 30, 30, 30, 30
D2- DB Pullover: 5 sets of 10 reps- 30, 25, 25, 25, 25, 25
(rest 60)

E1: Scap pushups- 2 sets of 12 reps: BW*12, BW*12
E2: Cable row- 2 sets of 8 reps:
E3: Pushups- 2*15: BW*15, BW*15

Finished with ten short hill sprints.

Terrific workout and I'm sore today. Next planned workout is tomorrow.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome workout nice job with the hill sprints i imagine your gonna feel it for sure.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks, I'm making some changes in diet and training (though still doing Superhero workout) that I will highlight later today. Stupid babysitting :)

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day four: 4-15-2012

Supplement thoughts: Full serving of NeuroSurge 30 minutes before workout. Honestly this was probably my best workout on Neuro so far. Very in the zone, tremendous focus and energy.

Workout: Day two of Phase three (well workout two).

A- Explosive Trap Bar Deadlift- 4 sets of 8 reps: 135, 155, 175, 175

B1- Single Leg Calf Raise- 2 sets of 20 reps (bodyweight hold at top and bottom)

C1) Barbell Hip Raise- 3 sets of 6 reps: 85, 85, 85

C2) Walking Siff Lunges- 3 sets of 12 reps: 10, 10, 10

D) Seated Calf Raises- 2*20 (135)

Didn't do everything I was supposed to because I forgot my Swiss Ball so this workout will be a bit different next week, but this is the majority of it.

Finished with some jump ropes, turkish get ups, and farmers walks for distance.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm going to start the Anabolic Diet tomorrow.

Also going to start this program for some conditioning: http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=5067240

I'm not putting the sprinting at a premium though and will probably only sprint 4 days week.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good luck in the change, been doing awesome so far.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks it is going great so far

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So the Anabolic Diet first 12 days is low carbs (under 25 grams). I will share the nutrition for the day later on!

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day five: 4-16-2012

Supplement thoughts: Full serving of NeuroSurge 35 minutes before workout. Today was even better than yesterday. The slight stomach discomfort has went away that I felt initially (it was never bad, just slight). Mixed it with a little extra water this time (about 11 ozs) and the taste was improved. Also sipped it at a slower pace than downing it fairly quickly. Perhaps that helped. Still loving the effects of this. A high caffeine content, but doesn't feel like the usual over stim feeling.

A great overall intensity and focus during today's short workout. Loving the NeuroSurge so far!

Workout: Day three of Phase three.

A- Push Press- 3 sets of 5 reps: 95, 95, 95

B1- Lumberjack Press- 2 sets of 10 reps (5 each side): EZ+25
B2- Y Press- 2 sets of 15 reps: 10 lb. DB's

C1- Arnold Press- 2 sets of 12 reps: 20 lb. DB's
C2- Lateral Raise- 2 sets of 10 reps: 20 lb. DB's

D- "Shoulder killers" 10 reps bent over laterals, followed by 10 reps lateral raises, followed by 10 reps front raises, followed by 10 reps overhead press. 2 sets of 40 reps: 10 Lb. DB's

Nothing at the end today, my shoulders were absolutely frying me. The pump was pretty sick to say the least. Tomorrow will be off from lifting, probably going to do some sprints and some core work. Won't be taking NeuroSurge either.

DkGreek

DkGreek

Awards
  • Established
No doubt i couldn't even begin to fathom 2 scoops of this 300 grams is alot to me. I'm good for maybe half that much.
Yes, I agree. One scoop is perfect for me.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just went for an hour walk as a friend was having a tough day. Back to the gym (and the NeuroSurge) tomorrow and Thursday.

I'm with you fellas, can't see a need right now to go over one scoop.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day three of the Anabolic Diet. I'm used to going low carb at times so it's not too tough for me right now. Not noticing any "sides" from it either.

Lotta fat, lotta protein...got to love it.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just went for an hour walk as a friend was having a tough day. Back to the gym (and the NeuroSurge) tomorrow and Thursday.

I'm with you fellas, can't see a need right now to go over one scoop.
Sounds like a good friend there.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day six: 4-18-2012

Supplement thoughts: A full serving of Neurosurge about 30 minutes before lifting. Didn't quite hit me like it normally does. Hope I'm not building up a tolerance or anything. I'm not too concerned, lot of factors go into play with how a pre-workout hits you, but this day it just wasn't quite as there as it has been.

Workout: Day four of Phase three.

A1- Explosive Squat- 6 sets of 5 reps: 175 for all
A2- Jump Squat- 6 sets of 10 reps: 10 lb. DB jumps

Rest 90 seconds.

B1- Close grip bench- 3 sets of 8 reps: 105, 105, 105
B2- Front squat to box- 3 sets of 8 reps: 115, 115, 115
B3- Barbell Curl- 3 sets of 10 reps: 45, 55, 55

Rest 180 seconds after each triset.

C1- Cross body bicep curl- 4 sets of 10 reps: 30, 25, 25, 25
C2- Overhead plate triceps extension- 4 sets of 10 reps: 35, 35, 35, 35

That first superset was a killer. Lucky to get through it. Not doing everything in the first part of the phase 3 workouts. Going to add something I've missed every week to increase that volume, but it's not much I've left out. That brings me to the end of the first week of Phase 3. Still loving this program and enjoying the results. I have "before" type pictures I just haven't put them up yet!

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The soreness from the squat/jump squat combo is killer. It has increased all day and I know it's going to be pretty rough tomorrow!

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Got tickets to the Royals game tonight (yeah they suck I know, but I still love em) so no workout/Neurosurge. Tomorrow starts week 2 of phase 3 of the Superhero program. Also going to try and finally get those pictures up this weekend!

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day seven: 4-21-2012

Supplement thoughts: Full scoop serving of Neurosurge taken 25 minutes before warmup started. Might be my favorite tasting pre-workout ever after all is said and done. It's just good, and its light so I don't feel the "intense" flavor from it. That's a good thing in my book. Felt great going into this workout and the NS helped out that feeling. Probably my best workout on NeuroSurge yet. Very fresh, very motivated, in the zone.

Workout: Week two of Phase 3. Back to Day one, chest and back.

A- Incline Bench Press: 6 sets of 6 reps- 100, 105, 110, 115, 120, 125
(Rest 60 seconds between sets)

B1- Pendlay Row- 3 sets of 12 reps: 85, 95, 95
B2- Incline Neutral Grip DB Press: 35, 40, 40

(Rest 60 seconds between exercises)

C: Wide grip pullup giant sets: 4 reps, 3 reps, 3 reps, chins to failure (5)

D1- Squeeze Press: 5 sets of 10 reps- 30, 30, 30, 30, 30
D2- DB Pullover: 5 sets of 10 reps- 30, 25, 25, 25, 25, 25
(rest 60)

E1: Scap pushups- 2 sets of 12 reps: BW*12, BW*12
E2: Cable row- 2 sets of 8 reps:
E3: Pushups- 2*15: BW*15, BW*15

Strong pump, strong feeling today. Looking forward to getting some bigger numbers in week 2 here!

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Holy carp I have alot to back read on yours too. Glad you guys arent slacking like me, I'll be sure to read yours also when im home.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No slacking allowed while running Neurosurge!

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hamstrings and calves later today along with some core stuff. Have a feeling I'm going to kill it today!

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day eight: 4-23-2012

Supplement thoughts: Full serving of NeuroSurge 30 minutes before workout. Another winner here. Delicious taste, and helped me out with what I knew was going to be a great workout. Was amped up for it all day.

Workout: Phase 3 week two, workout two.

A- Explosive Trap Bar Deadlift- 4 sets of 8 reps: 155, 175, 195, 195

B1- Single Leg Calf Raise- 2 sets of 20 reps (bodyweight hold at top and bottom)

C1) Barbell Hip Raise- 3 sets of 6 reps: 95, 95, 95

C2) Walking Siff Lunges- 3 sets of 12 reps: 10, 10, 10

D) Seated Calf Raises- 2*20 (135)

E1) Romanian DL: 2*12- 95, 95

E2) Swiss ball leg curls: 2*12

Phenomenal from start to finish.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice leg workout there you use hexagon bar.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice leg workout there you use hexagon bar.
Yeah. I'm following the workout pretty much to the letter. I don't DL with trap bar much so this is a nice change of pace.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 9: 4-24-2012

Supplement thoughts: Full serving of NeuroSurge 25 minutes before workout. Great taste, great energy, great workout! Only qualm (still) is damn that long ass bottle it's tough to get my scoop in. You guys need a longer scoop or a shorter bottle ;) Oh well it licks off the fingers deliciously.

Workout: Week 2, Day Three of Phase 3.

A- Push Press- 3 sets of 5 reps: 95, 105, 105

B1- Lumberjack Press- 2 sets of 10 reps (5 each side): EZ+30
B2- Y Press- 2 sets of 15 reps: 10 lb. DB's

C1- Arnold Press- 3 sets of 10 reps: 25 lb. DB's
C2- Lateral Raise- 3 sets of 10 reps: 20 lb. DB's

D- "Shoulder killers" 10 reps bent over laterals, followed by 10 reps lateral raises, followed by 10 reps front raises, followed by 10 reps overhead press. 2 sets of 40 reps: 10 Lb. DB's

Another shoulder destroying workout. Felt great and a sick pump. Off day tomorrow.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm going to hit a half serving (since I used a half serving at the start to assess tolerance) today before some sprinting.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm going to hit a half serving (since I used a half serving at the start to assess tolerance) today before some sprinting.
Curious to see how it treats you for cardio at a half dose.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Curious to see how it treats you for cardio at a half dose.
Actually treated me quite well. I don't know what (if any) effect it had on stamina as I haven't been consistently sprinting in a while so I can't accurately comment there but it did have me geared up for it so that's a win. I'll hit the gym for quads and arms later today.