Prime + Compound 20 Biatch!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    TheHardOne's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,535
    Answers
    0

    Prime + Compound 20 Biatch!


    TheHardOne + Prime + Compound 20 = Large and in Charge

    Get ready for a log full of beneficial info, day to day results, not to mention my awesome red text!

    *Goal
    -Keep growing
    -Keep getting stronger
    -Lean down
    -Feel good!

    *Nutrition
    -Calorie surplus everyday
    -Protein is around my bodyweight (sometimes more sometimes less)
    -Carbs are around 350-500 on off days, 500-700 on training days
    -I never count fats, don't ask why hehe. (healthy fat sources with 4 out of my 5 meals) (around 10-15g fish oil a day)
    -Protein sources are everything from beef, eggs, fish, nuts.....you get the idea. Basics.
    -Carb sources are white rice, white/red potatoes, fruit, sugars/karbolyn(during workout)
    -Fat Sources are from your typical peanut butters, various nuts, avocado's, eggs, fish oils, etc....

    *Cheat Meals
    -Honestly I can handle cheat meals(junk food) everyday if I wanted to without gaining fat, but im literally just sick of fast foods/junk food lol, so majority of the time everything will be relatively clean, if I do have a cheat meal of some sort, my favorites are Italian food, ice cream, and....hmmm I think thats all. McDonalds, BurgerKind, and Tacobell I have no passion for anymore haha.

    *Supplements
    -Prime
    -Compound 20
    -Fish Oils
    -Magnesium (in various forms for Nervous System function, endocrine, adrenal support, digestive fuction)
    -Simple Carbs
    -Herbal Tea's (green tea for example for a detox effect, but may stop because im somewhat concerned if it will hinder Prime/C20's effect, if someone could clear that up for me that would be awesome)
    -BCAA/Creatine/NO/Amino mix (my typical intra/post workout recovery ****tail)
    -Pre Workout mix is Maximize Intense+Hemavol at the moment

    *Training
    -Weight training every other day (I love training everyday, but for anyone that can relate to this, we all know the feeling of that dreaded 4th or 5th consecutive day of training when we look in the mirror and say....."Oh my god, how did I shrink?"...or....."Wtf I gained fat?"....lol), as a natural trainer I wish it was possible to train frequent and keep our bodies in an anabolic state. Sadly, our endocrine system, adrenal glands get fatigued and all hell breaks loose....catabolic body= poor digestion, poor appetite, poor sex drive, immune system tampered, lack of motivation to train, extremely flat muscles, fat storage......anyone wanna let me log Phil Heath's Mr.O Supplement Protocol! lol!!! Obviously if I do want to train more frequently, using failure / eccentric training has to be used as a tool and not as a everyday thing....which is hard for me, I love training "balls to the walls", but I suppose you gota do what you gota do!

    -HIIT cardio on non weight training days (atleast 2x a week, no more than 3) (I feel this cardio is ideal for body recomposition, here ill list the benefits of HIIT cardio)(below)
    #Insulin Sensitivity enhanced
    #Metabolism ramped up anywhere from 20-48 hours
    #GH secretion enhanced
    #Sleep enhanced (deeper, GH secretion much greater)
    #Overall hormonal benefit (protein synthesis, insulin sensitivty enhancement is huge, as bodybuilders we want to make our bodies as "receptive" to nutrients as possible

    *Other Notes
    -I eat white carbs because they do not cause any digestive issues with me, plus going through stressfull physical activity on a daily basis via weight training or high intensity cardio I do not have to worry about being "insulin resistant" or any fat gains from simply eating white carbs. I feel low GI carbs are great for your typical American that doesn't do any kind of stressful physical activity, plus adding in protein/fats to your higher GI carbs will drastically lower the GI anyways, as bodybuilders we want the nutrients ready to go within 1-2 hours after digestion, not 5-10 hours!!! Yikes!......Oh and if your eating foods that tamper with your digestion(bloating,discomfort) your just creating excess inflammation in your body which will result in a higher cortisol output than if you were to eat foods that don't tamper with your digestion.


    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
    Changing Lives is what I crave.

  2. Registered User
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,763
    Answers
    0


    Have a great log!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  3. Registered User
    TheHardOne's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,535
    Answers
    0


    Abused intense training/stims last week, took today off as a sign of adrenal fatigue / cns a little burn out was noticed(very important, especially for me as I like to have super intense workouts every session, I gota be more precise and specific with my training)

    *Notes
    -Doing the standard 2/2 dose for Compound 20 (first dose is on a empty stomach pre workout, ill open the caps up and swallow the powder with some water for better absorbtion) (2nd dose will be 6-8 hours later with a meal, not opening up the caps as absorbtion won't be a problem since im taking it with food)
    -Doing the 2/2/2 Dose for Prime, I may do the 3/3/3 dose on workout days if I can find a logical reason to do it (first dose will same as the compound 20)
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
    Changing Lives is what I crave.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    zubda345's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    456
    Answers
    0


    Great man! Good luck, Keep it up! have a great log! I kindda missed your Iforce's log from the start but I'll keep up with this...
  5. Registered User
    TheHardOne's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,535
    Answers
    0


    Arms overload 4/6/12

    CNS warm up (supersets/getting heart rate up to allow for greater intensity and heavier training)

    Triceps-
    Top Portion Bench Press (pyramided up to my heaviest poundage) (40 pound ****ing PR compared to last week....)
    DB Flat Bench Extensions (same as above) (dunno if its a PR because this is my first thing doing this exercise!)

    Biceps-
    DB Standing Supinated Curl (pyramided up to my heaviest poundage) (rep PR)
    Spider Ez-Bar Curls (same as above)

    Brachi-
    DB One Arm Hammer Cross Body Curl (same as above) (pr!)

    Calves- (overloaded my calves with some heavy ass weight! PR baby! on both!)
    Bent Knee Calf Pres (soleus focus)
    Straight LEg Calf Press One leg at a time (gastroc focus)

    Abs-
    Weighted Leg Raises
    Weighted Side Crunches

    **Notes**
    -Only the strong survive! Pr's on everything!
    -2 prime's, and 2 c20 caps 20 mins pre workout, staggered them 5 mins apart and open caps up for better absorbtion via empty stomach!
    -Focus is unreal
    -Low low low volume and still got a good pump!
    -IMPORTANT!!!! READ BELOW!!!!!

    **Does anyone know where I can buy a superman t-shirt thats a "tight fit"? haha, seriously, pm if you know what site!
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
    Changing Lives is what I crave.
  6. Registered User
    TheHardOne's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,535
    Answers
    0


    For anyone that questions Compound 20......(link below)

    http://www.compound20.net/review

    I am excited!
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
    Changing Lives is what I crave.
  7. Registered User
    TheHardOne's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,535
    Answers
    0


    Tip of the day! 4/6/12

    *Tip for helping your gains in the gym: Avoid watching violent stuff in the evening. Studies show that watching violent TV shows or films depletes the nutrients responsible for the synthesis of acetylcholine, an important neurotransmitter that regulates the amount of force you can produce in the gym.

    ***What you can do*
    *Yoga
    *Listening to relaxing music/sounds
    *Write down anything thats on your mind, for example make a list of what you did today, or a list of what you want to accomplish tomorrow and what/how you will achieve whatever your planning to do. (best time to update logs / goals)
    *Take your mind off of work, if that is hard for you, do what I listed above ^.....Excess hard thinking will just result in a cortisol burst, not what you want before bed, especially when its you making yourself stressed out and not someone else.
    *Supplements like Valerian, Melatonin, Zinc, Mag(aspar or citrate), L-Trytophan will aid in relaxing the Sympathetic Nervous System, which will aid in cortisol control, GH output, overall endocrine support, adrenal support when in deep sleep.
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
    Changing Lives is what I crave.
  8. Registered User
    zubda345's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    456
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by TheHardOne View Post
    Tip of the day! 4/6/12

    *Tip for helping your gains in the gym: Avoid watching violent stuff in the evening. Studies show that watching violent TV shows or films depletes the nutrients responsible for the synthesis of acetylcholine, an important neurotransmitter that regulates the amount of force you can produce in the gym.

    ***What you can do*
    *Yoga
    *Listening to relaxing music/sounds
    *Write down anything thats on your mind, for example make a list of what you did today, or a list of what you want to accomplish tomorrow and what/how you will achieve whatever your planning to do. (best time to update logs / goals)
    *Take your mind off of work, if that is hard for you, do what I listed above ^.....Excess hard thinking will just result in a cortisol burst, not what you want before bed, especially when its you making yourself stressed out and not someone else.
    *Supplements like Valerian, Melatonin, Zinc, Mag(aspar or citrate), L-Trytophan will aid in relaxing the Sympathetic Nervous System, which will aid in cortisol control, GH output, overall endocrine support, adrenal support when in deep sleep.
    This post of your makes me remember something similar. Arnold in his Movie Pumping iron said, "you don't have to be emotionally involved with anything before or while your working out" and that is really true... *I think I'll start posting in BLUE color from now on :P
  9. Registered User
    TheHardOne's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,535
    Answers
    0


    Delts 4/7/12

    -Seated Barbell Press (not a huge PR, hey hey hey can't get greedy now! Still a pr) (I never do these consistently so look out for some huge pr's soon!)
    -Wide Grip Upright Rows (pr)
    -Seated Incline Dumbbell Side Laterals
    -Front DB Raises
    -Standing Behind Neck Barbell Press (PR)

    -HIIT cardio post workout (went until I was completely exhausted, which wasn't very long! lol) (30-40 sec sprints, 30-40 sec rest intervals)

    *Notes*
    -Everyone knows training delts is probably the most BORING bodypart to train.....it really is.
    -Hit the muscle from every angle, except rear delts, totally forgot about that, will make up on back day
    -Overloaded my muscles with poundages my body isn't use to every session! Its grow time!
    -Very low volume, just maybe 1-2 warm up sets, then 1 overload set, which I feel is all thats necessary for hypertrophy without stressing the endocrine system / adrenal glands / central nervous system to much. (honestly training delts is almost like a recovery day for my CNS)
    -Yes high volume, intensity techniques are fun, but from experience it shrinks the living hell out of me,training for massive pumps and training to complete failure has really never done anything for me than negative effects. OVERLOAD, get out of the gym, fuel up, repeat, simple? Damn right.
    -Adding in the HIIT cardio 2-5 times a week depending on how I look and feel, grow time! Shred time too? Why not!
    -Day 2 on compound 20, prime......waiting for it to kick in.....oh week 2 can you come any faster?
    -Gotta admit, overestimated my strength on the seated barbell press, my body ended up having to use a full range of motion to lift the weight, which is not my prefered style because of previous elbow/shoulder issues, I like to keep a constant tension on the targeted muscle without having my secondary muscles dominate the movement. My body pattern isn't use to the seated barbell press anyways, so I guess that was kind of expected.

    Wake up, overload, HIIT cardio, fuel up, sex, sleep, repeat.
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
    Changing Lives is what I crave.
  10. Registered User
    TheHardOne's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,535
    Answers
    0


    Few days ago dropped from the 216 range down to the 212ish range, also noticed some fat gain around my face......how? Well last week I kinda went bananas with my training and did a bunch of volume, a bunch of sets to failure, so really burning out my cns / endorcrine system, so that explains everything. Good thing I know how to pin point these mistakes! Gota stay "basic" with my training and everything will go smoothly.
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
    Changing Lives is what I crave.
  11. Registered User
    TheHardOne's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,535
    Answers
    0


    I think im starting to get "Stim'ed up", adrenal health is somewhat a concern right now, excess stress/lack of motivation to train or sustain a training session starting to become a reality. Don't wanna screw my growing phase up, most likely will start taking more days off from weights unless a miracle happens. (which i hope a miracle happens because I love training frequent!) Ill keep ya'll updated!
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
    Changing Lives is what I crave.
  12. Registered User
    zubda345's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    456
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by TheHardOne View Post
    Wake up, overload, HIIT cardio, fuel up, sex, sleep, repeat.

    lol. Having sex everyday isn't that bad? :P
  13. Registered User
    zubda345's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    456
    Answers
    0


    End sys, endocrine glands secrete harmones directly into the bloodstream... When we train our body it secretes more harmones thus making our muscles pumped and hance making em grow. RighT?


    What do you mean by overloading it? U mean when we train too much we actually overload it, it starts to secrete too much harmones which is harmful or does it stops/slows down the harmones secretion which results in low muscle gain?


    Muscle (myofibrillar ) hypertrophy is the increase in the size of muscle cells right. so WHY is this: " Sarcoplasmic hypertrophy is characteristic of the muscles of certain bodybuilders while myofibrillar (muscle) hypertrophy is characteristic of Olympic weightlifters" written in wikipedia like this? I mean shouldn't Myofibrillar hypertrophy be the characteristic of bodybuilder rather than Sarcoplasmic hypertrophy?

    by Sarcoplasm Hypertrophy you mean doing an exercise really slow with added weight and low reps and keeping constant force on your muscles, just like in ben's MI40 right? But what exactly is the defination of Sarcoplasm Hypertrophy?

    OK now I get the answer to my own question, this one: " I mean shouldn't Myofibrillar hypertrophy be the characteristic of bodybuilder rather than Sarcoplasmic hypertrophy?" So what is Myofibrillar hypertrophy training fast like many many people do in the gym? rarely slow reps and more weight and lifting it fast not eliminating secondary muscle groups?

    The two workouts U have made the workout A and workout B, Both are according to myrofibrillar hypertrophy? (I don't think so)

    I am so confused with this... I have heard many of these terms for the 1st time (as I don't have bb knowledge much and I am not realted to biology)

    By the technical knowlege you have you seemed to be a BIO student or a teacher to me. lol.
  14. Registered User
    TheHardOne's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,535
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by zubda345 View Post
    lol. Having sex everyday isn't that bad? :P
    It is, too much stress on the Central Nervous system and depletes my glycogen in my muscles!

    lol jk!

    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
    Changing Lives is what I crave.
  15. Registered User
    TheHardOne's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,535
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by zubda345 View Post
    End sys, endocrine glands secrete harmones directly into the bloodstream... When we train our body it secretes more harmones thus making our muscles pumped and hance making em grow. RighT?

    Yes your endocrine system is responsible for your hormone secretion. Which does play a huge role in pumps and muscle growth, but not the whole story.


    What do you mean by overloading it? U mean when we train too much we actually overload it, it starts to secrete too much harmones which is harmful or does it stops/slows down the harmones secretion which results in low muscle gain?

    Progressive overload is what every athlete looking to gain size/strength should have as their main concern/focus. When we are progressively overloading our muscles with a heavier weight or doing more reps than last week on a exercise will make your CNS fire more motor neurons which will ensure your body will recruit more muscle fibers, which is basically hypertrophy. You may of heard Dorian Yates talk about how muscle growth is all about applying a different stress to your body and in response your CNS adapts = hypertrophy.

    Muscle (myofibrillar ) hypertrophy is the increase in the size of muscle cells right. so WHY is this: " Sarcoplasmic hypertrophy is characteristic of the muscles of certain bodybuilders while myofibrillar (muscle) hypertrophy is characteristic of Olympic weightlifters" written in wikipedia like this? I mean shouldn't Myofibrillar hypertrophy be the characteristic of bodybuilder rather than Sarcoplasmic hypertrophy?

    Thats a very good question! Honestly ive seen more bodybuilders train with a Sarcoplasmic hypertrophy than a Myofibrillar Hypertrophy training protocol, and both schools have developed incredible physiques! My point is both work, the sarcoplasmic style is preferred by most mainly because its more intense(self fulfilling), you get a good pump(self fulfilling).....Typically when people try a myofibrillar protocol they feel "a lack of work being done" , basically what im saying is people hate boring workouts! Guys like Jay/Phil Heath/Jason Huh and many other bodybuilders have built huge physiques with a sarcoplasmic protocol but they still follow progressive overload, remember that. Its all about overload, guys like Christian Thibabadeu(T nation) and John Cena use more of a myofrbrillar protocol and they have incredible physiques. Though one of the benefits of myofibrillar hypertrophy is that its the most dense form of hypertrophy and is their to stay in the long run.

    by Sarcoplasm Hypertrophy you mean doing an exercise really slow with added weight and low reps and keeping constant force on your muscles, just like in ben's MI40 right? But what exactly is the defination of Sarcoplasm Hypertrophy?

    Not "really slow", just a controlled tempo. Higher reps, usually a weight that allows you to get around 12 before you hit failure. Sarcoplasmic hypertrophy.(below, from a website)

    The sarcoplasm is the fluid and energy sources that surround the myofibrils in the muscle. It includes things such as ATP, glycogen, creatine phosphate and water. Increase in size of blood vessels that provide blood to the muscles can also be included in sarcoplasmic hypertrophy and is commonly referred to as capillirisation.

    This occurs much in the same way as myofibril hypertrophy, through your body overcompensating during the recovery phase after your energy sources have been depleted during a workout. It therefore increases energy stores such as ATP and glycogen to prevent depletion during training.Muscle Hypertrophy

    Ok, so I know the two types. What are the best ways to achieve both? Before I go on I want to stress that you:

    Choose the weight for your reps NOT the reps for your weight.

    Progressive resistance exercise or progressive overload refers to the practice of continually increasing the stress placed on the muscle as it becomes capable of producing greater force or has more endurance. (Fleck S. J. and Kraemer W.J.,1997). This means that you MUST use weights and rep ranges that you struggle with.

    You should choose a weight that you can only just complete the desired reps for. Do not choose a weight and get nearly the reps that are required, or one that is too light that you could complete many more reps. So for a 12 rep exercise, choose a weight that you can only just complete those 12 reps.


    OK now I get the answer to my own question, this one: " I mean shouldn't Myofibrillar hypertrophy be the characteristic of bodybuilder rather than Sarcoplasmic hypertrophy?" So what is Myofibrillar hypertrophy training fast like many many people do in the gym? rarely slow reps and more weight and lifting it fast not eliminating secondary muscle groups?

    Bodybuilders in my opinion should incorporate both myofibrillar and sarcoplasmic protocols in their training. But honestly its all about progressive overload. Heres the definition of myo-hypertrophy(below)


    Myofibril hypertrophy.

    Myofibrils are essentially bundles of myofilaments (The contractile parts of a muscle, the parts that pull). They are found in each skeletal muscle fiber.

    Each muscle cell contains many myofibrils. Myofibril hypertrophy occurs due to an overload stimulus (lifting more than your body is used to) that applies trauma to the individual muscle fibers. Your body treats this as an injury and as such overcompensates during the recovery process by increasing the volume and density of the myofibrils so that the “injury” does not occur again.

    This is one of the reasons why you must maintain overload to continue making gains.


    The two workouts U have made the workout A and workout B, Both are according to myrofibrillar hypertrophy? (I don't think so)

    They are a mixture of Myofibrillar/Sarcoplasmic/CNS overload(with the top rack exercises).

    I am so confused with this... I have heard many of these terms for the 1st time (as I don't have bb knowledge much and I am not realted to biology)

    If you are confused don't do it, it will just result in injury if you don't know what your doing lol. Keep learning new things everyday! Thats how your going to get better at anything you do, for your bodybuilding....pick 3-5 subjects and schedule a day when you can just sit down on your computer for 2 hours and research the living hell out of that specific subject, and write down notes!

    By the technical knowlege you have you seemed to be a BIO student or a teacher to me. lol.
    Thanks for the compliments Zub! I'd advise you to find a good "no-bull, no-broscience" forum site, (here anabolicminds is a great forum!), I say this because I know Animalpak forums is still your "home", that forum along with bb.com are filled with people that have no clue what they are talking about, a bunch of "oh well it works for me bro", they do not like facts, they like opinions, not to mention they get angry just by looking at them lol.(you know what I mean Zub!)
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
    Changing Lives is what I crave.
  16. Registered User
    zubda345's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    456
    Answers
    0


    I'll read the reply tomorrow and post the questions also if any... Not able to pay any attention to it cause I want to sleep!

    One thing I'll write now, wht I mean by really slow was controlled movement...
  17. Registered User
    ABNRanger's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,280
    Answers
    0


    I am so willing to try this, I do have 2 1/2 questions, hope someone can answer for me:
    1. I am taking Phyto-testosterone and wanted to know if I can stack, or wait till I am done.
    1.5 If I should wait, how long?
    2. What about PCT for this?
  18. Registered User
    TheHardOne's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,535
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by ABNRanger View Post
    I am so willing to try this, I do have 2 1/2 questions, hope someone can answer for me:
    1. I am taking Phyto-testosterone and wanted to know if I can stack, or wait till I am done.
    1.5 If I should wait, how long?
    2. What about PCT for this?
    1)Compound 20 / Prime are non hormonal so adding in a test booster to this stack would actually be a great idea! (im guessing phyto-test is a test booster lol, never heard of it!)
    2)Prime and Compound 20 for a PCT? You can use them during a PCT but their are other products designed specifically for that. Prime and c20 would benefit you though if added to the mix!
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
    Changing Lives is what I crave.
  19. Registered User
    ABNRanger's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,280
    Answers
    0


    Thanks for the quick reply, just to clarify, are you saying I don't need a pct for compound 20?
  20. Registered User
    TheHardOne's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,535
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by ABNRanger View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply, just to clarify, are you saying I don't need a pct for compound 20?
    No problem bro!

    Oh you were asking if you needed a pct for Compound 20? My bad I thought your question was if using C20 during your pct was a good idea.

    No you do not need a pct for Compound 20
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
    Changing Lives is what I crave.
  21. Registered User
    ABNRanger's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,280
    Answers
    0


    Awesome, then it's off to vitamine shoppe to get me a bottle TODAY!!
  22. Registered User
    TheHardOne's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,535
    Answers
    0


    4/10/12

    *Notes/Update*
    -Still sitting around that 212-216 range
    -Had to clear up some personal issues so this 2-3 day break was needed, made sure I won't run into any more "roadblocks", so get ready for some monster gains in the near future!
    -Prime 2 caps 3x a day with food right now, and Compound 20, 2 caps 2x a day spreaded out around 6 hours between doses with food
    -Appetite increase is noticeable! Awesome.
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
    Changing Lives is what I crave.
  23. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    USPlabsRep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,512
    Answers
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by TheHardOne View Post
    Thanks for the compliments Zub! I'd advise you to find a good "no-bull, no-broscience" forum site, (here anabolicminds is a great forum!), I say this because I know Animalpak forums is still your "home", that forum along with bb.com are filled with people that have no clue what they are talking about, a bunch of "oh well it works for me bro", they do not like facts, they like opinions, not to mention they get angry just by looking at them lol.(you know what I mean Zub!)
    Nailed it...
  24. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    USPlabsRep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,512
    Answers
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by TheHardOne View Post
    4/10/12

    *Notes/Update*
    -Still sitting around that 212-216 range
    -Had to clear up some personal issues so this 2-3 day break was needed, made sure I won't run into any more "roadblocks", so get ready for some monster gains in the near future!
    -Prime 2 caps 3x a day with food right now, and Compound 20, 2 caps 2x a day spreaded out around 6 hours between doses with food
    -Appetite increase is noticeable! Awesome.
    2-3 grams of L-Tyrosine is a good tool to use for stimulant recovery.
  25. Registered User
    TheHardOne's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,535
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by USProduct-Edu View Post
    2-3 grams of L-Tyrosine is a good tool to use for stimulant recovery.
    Thanks for the input, hmm I didn't know that L-Tyrosine would help stimulant/adrenal recovery? Awesome! Thanks!

    Get ready for some monster gains, c20/prime has been in me for about 5 days now, and im at that point of my growing phase when the gains sky rocket! Back in the gym 2morrow!
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
    Changing Lives is what I crave.
  26. Registered User
    zubda345's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    456
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by TheHardOne View Post
    Thanks for the compliments Zub! I'd advise you to find a good "no-bull, no-broscience" forum site, (here anabolicminds is a great forum!), I say this because I know Animalpak forums is still your "home", that forum along with bb.com are filled with people that have no clue what they are talking about, a bunch of "oh well it works for me bro", they do not like facts, they like opinions, not to mention they get angry just by looking at them lol.(you know what I mean Zub!)


    Thankx for all that info bro... Deff I will take out time and search out a topic and get as much knowledge as possible on that.

    Yeah I know what you mean man. people on there are like that but not all people... I don't listen to any of those there who say that kind of stuff... Anyways am off to gym in some time and then from tomorrow I will start searching new things (or even the things I don't know much about)...
  27. Registered User
    ABNRanger's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,280
    Answers
    0


    How critical is the 6-8 hr window between doses? I ask because I wake around 6, breakfast is at 630, and I dont go to the gym until I get off work, which is around 6 or later. I would love to take it first thing in the morning, but also 30 mins prior to working out. Can I just take the first dose at noon, then just take the other dose 30 mins before working out?
  28. Registered User
    TheHardOne's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,535
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by ABNRanger View Post
    How critical is the 6-8 hr window between doses? I ask because I wake around 6, breakfast is at 630, and I dont go to the gym until I get off work, which is around 6 or later. I would love to take it first thing in the morning, but also 30 mins prior to working out. Can I just take the first dose at noon, then just take the other dose 30 mins before working out?
    Honestly I don't think there is a huge difference, just make sure you get both doses in, spreaded out throughout the day.
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
    Changing Lives is what I crave.
  29. Registered User
    ABNRanger's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,280
    Answers
    0


    Thanks again for the responses.
  30. Registered User
    TheHardOne's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,535
    Answers
    0


    4/11/12 Chest/Back
    *Only listing working sets
    *Supersetted each chest/back exercise back to back

    -Decline Smith Machine Bench Press
    *1st set more of "CNS activation"....in other words, a neurological warm up(you wont be able to train your heaviest unless you do this!)
    *2nd set 5 reps (overloaded pecs) (love this movement)
    *3rd set 6-8 reps (slightly higher reps to ensure my pec fibers responsible for this motion are all completely fatigued) (if i were training more frequent, this wouldn't be necessary)

    -Dumbbell Flys
    *Pryamided up to my heaviest poundage at 12-15 reps (keeping the muscle in the stretched position) (ensuring my pecs are completely traumatized / broken down) (obviously you cannot get a full stretch with a pressing movement, thats why the flys are necessary) (again if I were training more frequent breaking down the muscle completely wouldn't be necessary)

    -Chins (6-8 reps each set)
    *Wide/Narrow/Underhand Grips were performed
    *Activation sets were used before my working sets of course.

    -Deadlifts
    *Pyramided up to my heaviest poundage at 5 reps, keeping constant tension on my lower back/erectors/traps, so no bouncing the weight on the ground!

    -Heavy Weighted Ab Work
    *leg raises 3 sets (10-15 reps)

    **Notes**
    -Kinda got stressed out at the beginning because of indecision of what pec exercise to use, flat bench too much rotator cuff risk, flat dumbbells your limited to how much weight you can overload, and again too much rotator cuff risk. So a "slight decline" was utlilized, im able to get a much better stretch and contraction of the pecs with this exercise. Too bad our free weight decline isnt adjustable so had to use the smith machine, I can put our adjustable decline in the power rack but then i'd have to start at the bottom portion of the movement.
    -Pr's on everything
    -C20/Prime pre workout
    -May try the decline in the power rack next time but I really dont think ill be able to get inside the actual starting position, ill give it a go though, I really dont like starting from the bottom position for safety issues
    -CNS activation, overloaded, traumatized for maximum hypertrophy/strength.
    -Stressfull, but successful workout
    -Will try the slight decline in the power rack next time, no worries though, smith machine is fine aslong as I feel it in the pecs and im overloading.
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
    Changing Lives is what I crave.
  31. Registered User
    TheHardOne's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,535
    Answers
    0



    4/11/12 Tip of the day!

    It is grow time!!!! Im going to list my "best friends" for making monsterous gains (below)

    1)Utilize rest, train less frequent, take naps during the day
    2)Pound the calories!
    3)Stop stressing! Know exactly what your specific goal is, perform your workout specific to your goals, and when your done, stop thinking about it, live life!!
    4)Overload new poundages / more reps every workout
    5)Ensure every muscle fiber on the targeted muscle you are training that day are all completely overloaded / fatigued (use failure as a tool, not a requirement) (doing large amounts of volume will just eventually cause more of "cns burnout" effect, yes a massive pump feels great! higher volume training is more for body recomposition, maximum hypertrophy is all about overloading your cns/muscles, stimulating various muscle fibers like your fast/slow twich(so tempo variation should be utilized), and utilizing a varried caloric intake along with ALOT OF REST!
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
    Changing Lives is what I crave.
  32. Registered User
    TheHardOne's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,535
    Answers
    0


    Sometimes we tend to overthink things when it comes down to hypertrophy, overload/eat/rest is the key, simple!
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
    Changing Lives is what I crave.
  33. Registered User
    zubda345's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    456
    Answers
    0


    All I now see for tip of the day is mostly your old things (the things you have already told me :P) lol

    About the 5th point the fatigued session.... Some people don't even get faigued after their workouts (not right after and not even the next day of training) they in my mind are not pushing harder... and some people I have read posts of, they say you don't need to fatigued in order to grow they say if you are not even fatigued atall... it's ok. Now I oppose it...
  34. Registered User
    TheHardOne's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,535
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by zubda345 View Post
    All I now see for tip of the day is mostly your old things (the things you have already told me :P) lol

    About the 5th point the fatigued session.... Some people don't even get faigued after their workouts (not right after and not even the next day of training) they in my mind are not pushing harder... and some people I have read posts of, they say you don't need to fatigued in order to grow they say if you are not even fatigued atall... it's ok. Now I oppose it...
    haha Glad you still remember everything ive told you from the past!

    By fatigued I meant fatiguing your muscle fibers(breaking them down via making sure you are not only using compound movements, but also isolating to hit the fibers that hardly get hit during a compound movement, dont overdo the isolation movements obviously! think of it as a "finishing touch"). And honestly "bodybuilding / powerlifting" training will not make you "tired" during a session unless your doing unnecessary things like drop sets on every exercise, super high volume/super sets which I wouldn't recommend all the time. If you feel somewhat "fatigued" mentally and physically the next day from a training session, you most likely did a tad bit too much and did "unnecessary" excess sets/extreme failure techniques.

    Hope this helps! Oh and hows your training going lately I haven't checked your log consistently in awhile! Gaining?
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
    Changing Lives is what I crave.
  35. Registered User
    TheHardOne's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,535
    Answers
    0


    Heres a small little article I made, hope it helps you guys!

    20 Ways to Maximize your Hypertrophy/Strength Gains!


    1)Incorporate more "rest days" (days with no intense weight training, cardio is fine) (your

    endocrine system / adrenal glands take a beating from intense heavy weight training, your endo

    sys. / adrenals need to be running at a high performance(healthy) to ensure you maximize hypertrophy....I

    mean why would you want to half ass your hypertrophy goals? Take a rest day before and after every

    training session to elict a greater anabolic effect)
    2)Incorporate more "greens" into your diet (green leafy veggies,green tea) (less excess

    inflammation / cleaner liver = greater protein synthsis/insulin sensitivity = greater Anabolic!)
    3)Don't be afraid of using "low reps" (2-5) (myofibrillar hypertrophy is the thickest form of

    hypertrophy, just make sure you know how to feel the stretch and contraction on the targeted

    muscle for injury prevention purposes!)
    4)Keep a "constant" tension on the targeted muscle (say goodbye to joint pain!)
    5)Relax your Sympathetic Nervous System starting 2-4 hours before bed
    6)Use "extreme failure" techniques like drop sets/rest pause as a "shock technique" to your

    cns/endocrine system, not used as a primary focus in your training
    7)Have a "deload" week, every 4-6 weeks (a week when you train with relatively higher reps or even

    taking the week off)
    8)Your 20 percent bodyfat? 20g fish oil sounds about right for you. (benefits for insulin

    sensitivity, testosterone levels, gets rid of excess inflammation)
    9)Don't be afraid of shortening up your range of motion, for the sake of your knees/elbows!
    10)Incorporate various yoga stretches specifically for your lower back health
    11)Maximize your hormones naturally! (less training during the week, balanced omega 3-6-9's,

    training smart not utilizing extreme failure techniques/high volumes every session is a good

    start)
    12)Stop stressing! (why create a excess cortisol circulating your body?)
    13)Laugh atleast 10-15 mins a day! (a positive mind with less stress = more anabolism!)
    14)Learn the biomechanics on every muscle group (so you won't perform the same range of motion

    twice in one workout)
    15)Focus on compound movements always, but don't be afraid of using isolation movements as a

    "tool" to fill the muscle out (ensures muscle symetry / balance)
    16)Utilize "top lockout" movements as a tool in your training for nerumuscular adaptation (think

    of rack deadlifts, squat lockouts, bench/military press lockouts)
    17)Stretch the targeted muscle between working sets (for a enhanced hypertrophy/nutrient delivery

    benefit)
    18)The muscular system can recover within 30 seconds, the Central Nervous System however requires

    a little longer to recover, more so around the 90 second or more range. Save the super short rest

    periods(30-60) for the trainees who have the body recomposition/shredding goal. Yes GH is enhanced

    with supershort rest periods, but when your cns is recovered you get more heavier / intense sets,

    which equals greater testosterone / igf-1 benefits = greater muscular hypertrophy
    19)Chase performance, not fatigue! - Christian Thibaudeau (if you find your motivation is starting

    to decrease, your intensity during training isn't the same, your most likely starting to overtrain

    your endocrine system, and your starting burnout your cns)
    20)Take in BCAA's / cell volumizers pre workout to ensure protein synthesis will be much higher

    during and after your training session, and your nutrient delivery(pumps) to be tremendously

    enhanced, which will benefit various hormones like VEGF(veign creating hormone), mgf, and igf-1

    which will enhance hypertrophy.

    (ughhh typing on wordpad the double space crap is there by default, ill fix it 2morrow, im going to bed lol)
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
    Changing Lives is what I crave.
  36. Registered User
    TheHardOne's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,535
    Answers
    0


    Rest day today! 4/21/12

    *Notes*
    -Stressed out....
    -C20 2 caps morning, 2 caps pm with food
    -Prime 2 caps 3x a day with food
    -Will weigh myself once a week (started this in the 213-216 range)
    *LG Sciences Board Rep*
    Changing Lives is what I crave.
  37. Registered User
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,763
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by TheHardOne View Post
    Rest day today! 4/21/12

    *Notes*
    -Stressed out....
    -C20 2 caps morning, 2 caps pm with food
    -Prime 2 caps 3x a day with food
    -Will weigh myself once a week (started this in the 213-216 range)
    Spot the typo in your post?
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  38. Registered User
    ABNRanger's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,280
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    Spot the typo in your post?
    There isn't any typo in his post, lol.
  39. Registered User
    mattrag's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,027
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by TheHardOne

    Thanks for the input, hmm I didn't know that L-Tyrosine would help stimulant/adrenal recovery? Awesome! Thanks!

    Get ready for some monster gains, c20/prime has been in me for about 5 days now, and im at that point of my growing phase when the gains sky rocket! Back in the gym 2morrow!
    Yup, l tyrosine is the precursor amino to adrenaline. Or the amino needed in the adrenal gland hormonal cascade.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  40. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    USPlabsRep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,512
    Answers
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by TheHardOne View Post
    Heres a small little article I made, hope it helps you guys!

    20 Ways to Maximize your Hypertrophy/Strength Gains!


    1)Incorporate more "rest days" (days with no intense weight training, cardio is fine) (your

    endocrine system / adrenal glands take a beating from intense heavy weight training, your endo

    sys. / adrenals need to be running at a high performance(healthy) to ensure you maximize hypertrophy....I

    mean why would you want to half ass your hypertrophy goals? Take a rest day before and after every

    training session to elict a greater anabolic effect)
    2)Incorporate more "greens" into your diet (green leafy veggies,green tea) (less excess

    inflammation / cleaner liver = greater protein synthsis/insulin sensitivity = greater Anabolic!)
    3)Don't be afraid of using "low reps" (2-5) (myofibrillar hypertrophy is the thickest form of

    hypertrophy, just make sure you know how to feel the stretch and contraction on the targeted

    muscle for injury prevention purposes!)
    4)Keep a "constant" tension on the targeted muscle (say goodbye to joint pain!)
    5)Relax your Sympathetic Nervous System starting 2-4 hours before bed
    6)Use "extreme failure" techniques like drop sets/rest pause as a "shock technique" to your

    cns/endocrine system, not used as a primary focus in your training
    7)Have a "deload" week, every 4-6 weeks (a week when you train with relatively higher reps or even

    taking the week off)
    8)Your 20 percent bodyfat? 20g fish oil sounds about right for you. (benefits for insulin

    sensitivity, testosterone levels, gets rid of excess inflammation)
    9)Don't be afraid of shortening up your range of motion, for the sake of your knees/elbows!
    10)Incorporate various yoga stretches specifically for your lower back health
    11)Maximize your hormones naturally! (less training during the week, balanced omega 3-6-9's,

    training smart not utilizing extreme failure techniques/high volumes every session is a good

    start)
    12)Stop stressing! (why create a excess cortisol circulating your body?)
    13)Laugh atleast 10-15 mins a day! (a positive mind with less stress = more anabolism!)
    14)Learn the biomechanics on every muscle group (so you won't perform the same range of motion

    twice in one workout)
    15)Focus on compound movements always, but don't be afraid of using isolation movements as a

    "tool" to fill the muscle out (ensures muscle symetry / balance)
    16)Utilize "top lockout" movements as a tool in your training for nerumuscular adaptation (think

    of rack deadlifts, squat lockouts, bench/military press lockouts)
    17)Stretch the targeted muscle between working sets (for a enhanced hypertrophy/nutrient delivery

    benefit)
    18)The muscular system can recover within 30 seconds, the Central Nervous System however requires

    a little longer to recover, more so around the 90 second or more range. Save the super short rest

    periods(30-60) for the trainees who have the body recomposition/shredding goal. Yes GH is enhanced

    with supershort rest periods, but when your cns is recovered you get more heavier / intense sets,

    which equals greater testosterone / igf-1 benefits = greater muscular hypertrophy
    19)Chase performance, not fatigue! - Christian Thibaudeau (if you find your motivation is starting

    to decrease, your intensity during training isn't the same, your most likely starting to overtrain

    your endocrine system, and your starting burnout your cns)
    20)Take in BCAA's / cell volumizers pre workout to ensure protein synthesis will be much higher

    during and after your training session, and your nutrient delivery(pumps) to be tremendously

    enhanced, which will benefit various hormones like VEGF(veign creating hormone), mgf, and igf-1

    which will enhance hypertrophy.

    (ughhh typing on wordpad the double space crap is there by default, ill fix it 2morrow, im going to bed lol)
    20 grams Fish Oil....Will I grow gills?
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. iforce MaxIntense and Hemavol Biatch!
    By TheHardOne in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 05-17-2012, 10:18 PM
  2. WTB USPL Prime. WTB USPL Compound 20
    By Sourdough in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 04-16-2012, 07:23 PM
  3. Ordered 4 Prime twin packs and get 4 prime?
    By Ubiyca in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-25-2009, 12:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in