iForce - Intimidate + TestabolanV2 aww yeahhh

D

D3Baseball

Awards

Yeah everybody, iForce hooks it up. I won a promo for Intimidate and TestabolanV2 and I am lucky enough to also receive a shirt and samples of the famous Hemavol and Maximize Intense. Nudes of Vaughn (not pictured for legal reasons) were great, might be the best test booster I got here :D

What am I doing here? Well, it's bulk time. I reached my goal early during my last cut and while I planned on cutting longer, the stresses of school and dieting are as such that it's going to be better for me to just bulk.

For now, I see no reason to do anything fancy with this bulk. No carb cycling, etc. I'll count macros and go for around 3000 cals with 200-250g protein per day. I don't spend a lot of time worrying about the other macros other than that there is some of both and I am going to make an effort to eat a little more "clean" this time around to avoid fat gain.

I've been running 5/3/1 for a while and am just finishing up the end of a cycle. To begin new cycle, I am planning to do the new 3 Month Challenge Template recently posted at T-Nation.

More specific info to come. Tonight will be my first dosing of each, and I'm going to comment on each supp individually in their own post at some point.

D

D3Baseball

Awards
Intimidate

intimidate.jpg

What's the deal with this stuff? Well, iForce is the first to release this ingredient (N-Methyl D-Aspartic Acid). We basically have here a theoretically more potent form of DAA. Interestingly, anecdotal reports so far have had different responses than those of DAA it seems. There just isn't a lot of research out on this ingredient, but I (as well as PA and others) don't feel that it is dangerous at this dose orally. Whether it works can only be evaluated based on anecdote for now.

So let's evaluate what I'm looking for.

-Evidence of test increase is ideal, but not necessarily a realistic expectation with an OTC t-booster. Strength gains, mass gains, leaner gains, improved recovery are what we're looking for here.
-Along the lines of improved recovery, improved sleep seems to be universally reported. I have used the gambit of sleep enhancers so we'll see how Intimidate stacks up.
-Mood elevation. This is the standard that test products have to live up to.
-There are claims of cognitive benefits. It will be difficult to evaluate this since there is ALCAR in the other product.

D

D3Baseball

Awards
TestabolanV2

View attachment 54822

To summarize, Testabolan is Divanil (a test boosting ingredient with a lot of bloodwork behind it) and ALCAR, both at fully daily dosing. ALCAR is primarily a cognitive enhancer but may have some test enhancement properties. This is a product that has a little more research and use behind it and is, IMO, a kind of safety net to make sure for a successful run.

Looking for much of the same:

-Evidence of test increase is ideal, but not necessarily a realistic expectation with an OTC t-booster. Strength gains, mass gains, leaner gains, improved recovery are what we're looking for here.
-Mood elevation. This is the standard that test products have to live up to.
-Cognitive benefits, for sure.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
In like Flynn Lmao

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's a nice stack you have there

D

D3Baseball

Awards
Okay so Night 1

Had a very good, deep sleep. I took Intimidate with a meal about an hour before bed and started feeling pretty drowsy. Don't know if it induced drowsiness or not. I've had several deep sleeps lately so we'll see if it performs consistently.

Also. Sexual Stuff.

Ihad a relentless freaking boner all night and shortly after breakfast plus Testabolan, it came "raging" back. Not sure if coincidence or not. I'm not sure which supp this would be related to so quickly.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Okay so Night 1

Had a very good, deep sleep. I took Intimidate with a meal about an hour before bed and started feeling pretty drowsy. Don't know if it induced drowsiness or not. I've had several deep sleeps lately so we'll see if it performs consistently.

Also. Sexual Stuff.

Ihad a relentless freaking boner all night and shortly after breakfast plus Testabolan, it came "raging" back. Not sure if coincidence or not. I'm not sure which supp this would be related to so quickly.
Sounds like intimidate is kicking in fast for you

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
LOL not coincidence. Since starting Intimidate again on Monday, I've been the same way.

Now I just need to convince my wife to take it! :D

C

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay so Night 1

Also. Sexual Stuff.

Well sir, I am glad I-Force Nutrition is able to give you a stiffy.

:D

D

D3Baseball

Awards
Just slammed my sample pack of raspberry lemonade Intense. As I wait for the gym, I hesitantly admit that I'm not a fan of the taste :|

But we shall see its other effects.... :D

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Okay so Night 1

Also. Sexual Stuff.

dont you remember cy talking about his awesome orgasms while on test v2? :p

Just slammed my sample pack of raspberry lemonade Intense. As I wait for the gym, I hesitantly admit that I'm not a fan of the taste :|

But we shall see its other effects.... :D

mango peach tea > razz lemonde ;)

UKNoko

UKNoko

Awards
Subd

D

D3Baseball

Awards
dont you remember cy talking about his awesome orgasms while on test v2? :p

mango peach tea > razz lemonde ;)
Had a very good arms workout. Energy wasn't too much, kind of a focused, non-euphoric, functional energy. This isn't something I'd use pre-studying, I don't think, but was very good in preworkout setting. Had very good endurance, very good pumps, much more than when I don't use a pre. Had a little bit of a comedown but I also worked very hard and also woke up very early this morning. Food took care of that.

Once I've used most of the sample packets I'll put a more detailed, formal review together.

I'll be putting this to the test...
I also just put this to the test. Definitely felt a difference. Either that or my girlfriend is improving her skills ;)

D

D3Baseball

Awards
Just as a progress-related note.

Bought a new scale that says I'm at 197 and 15% BF. We all know that these aren't super accurate, but as long as it is consistent I'll have an idea of progress and get good feedback on my diet. I'm just a day or two removed from TTA use so weight is almost certainly going to drop and the BF reading may have been influenced by water retention as well. We shall see.

I really don't want to get much higher than 15-16% BF so hopefully Testabolan + Intimidate keep it all lean :D

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Completely agree on bf scales. I had one that was much worse. Said I was basically obese when I could see some abs lol.

Raspberry lemonade isn't bad IMO, but I feel like I can taste some of the raws. Fruit punch was like fruit punch, but i no care for fruit punch in general. Will try mango next.

Also agree on not a "cognitive" type of pre, awesome for wrecking weights though :D

D

D3Baseball

Awards
Completely agree on bf scales. I had one that was much worse. Said I was basically obese when I could see some abs lol.

Raspberry lemonade isn't bad IMO, but I feel like I can taste some of the raws. Fruit punch was like fruit punch, but i no care for fruit punch in general. Will try mango next.

Also agree on not a "cognitive" type of pre, awesome for wrecking weights though :D
I don't think my scale is far off, and at least I know the poundage is correct. I look like I'm about 15% right now, though again I may be holding a lot of water. I always finish off a diet with a couple crazy eating days and I'm probably feeling the effects of a few days worth of stuffing my face. As long as it seems to give consistent measurements I don't mind if it's a few percentage points off either way.

You said it just right about Intense :D

D

D3Baseball

Awards
Forgot to mention that sleep on Night 2 was every bit as deep as the first. One of those days where I wake up in the morning and feel so rested that I start to freak out, thinking it must be so late in the day. Except...it wasn't. Just slept that well.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just as a progress-related note.

Bought a new scale that says I'm at 197 and 15% BF. We all know that these aren't super accurate, but as long as it is consistent I'll have an idea of progress and get good feedback on my diet. I'm just a day or two removed from TTA use so weight is almost certainly going to drop and the BF reading may have been influenced by water retention as well. We shall see.

I really don't want to get much higher than 15-16% BF so hopefully Testabolan + Intimidate keep it all lean :D
I've gone thru many bottles of testv2 and it always helps me stay lean.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
I have been leaning out already :)

D

D3Baseball

Awards
I've gone thru many bottles of testv2 and it always helps me stay lean.
I have been leaning out already :)
Good stuff :D

Night 3 was another deep, restorative sleep. Granted I was up inordinately late, but this is three straight nights with sleeps that are on the level with a GDA (my favorite). This was another day when I woke up panicking that it must be very late in the day because of how long my sleep seemed to be. Just a continuous 9 hours - maybe woke up once when my girlfriend was hogging the covers.

D

D3Baseball

Awards
Night 4 -- Another deep sleep. Had a bit of caffeine a little too close to bedtime, so getting to sleep took a little bit longer than normal but once I was out, I stayed out. Normally when I get up (AKA girlfriend tells me to get up) I want to take another 15-30 minutes to sleep, but I was immediately articulate and wanting to get out of bed. The reason this is impressive is because I had only slept for ~6 hours which normally would leave me vulnerable to some crazy grogginess.

I'm planning to start intermittent fasting. iForce reps, can I take my first Testabolan dose in the morning (empty stomach due to the fasting) with no problems?

I took a few days to rest up since I didn't do a deload this round of 5/3/1, but today I'm going to start the 5/3/1 three month challenge. More info on that later.

D

D3Baseball

Awards
Now I'm back to working out :D

I am starting the 5/3/1 Boring But Big Three Month Challenge. I'll try to describe this quickly.

5/3/1 generally follows a four day, upper-lower split. Normally you'd do something like Squat-Bench-Dead-Press. Assistance work would focus on improving the day's lift, one of the options being "Boring But Big" -- doing the day's primary lift in volume (5 sets of 10 normally). In the larger scheme, each workout is periodized by week.

(there's a little leeway with these percentages but it's all relative)
Week 1 - 5 reps at 60% 1RM/ 5 reps at 70% 1RM/ 5+ reps at 80% 1RM
Week 2 - 3 reps at 65% 1RM/ 3 reps at 75% 1RM/ 3+ reps at 85% 1RM
Week 3 - 5 reps at 75% 1RM/ 3 reps at 85% 1RM/ 1+ reps at 95% 1RM
Week 4 - deload...assistance work only.

And repeat but with 1RM bumped up by 5 pounds for upper body lifts, 10 pounds for lower. The "+" means you are going for PR reps - not necessarily to failure, but try to get within a rep of it. Burning out too often can have its costs.

So ^^^ that is the basic 5/3/1 set up. The 3 Month Challenge has some important modifications to make it hypertrophy based. First of all, no more PRs on the last set of primary work. You can't blow it out before the heavy assistance work to come. Strength should not necessarily be lost here.

Second, the assistance work changes are key. You will do the other day's primary lift as your assistance each day. So on DL day, you'll do Boring But Big squat and vice versa. On bench day, you'll do primary work on bench then shoulder press for assistance.

Month 1: Assistance sets are at 50% 1RM, 5 sets of 10
Month 2: Assistance sets are at 60% 1RM, 5 sets of 10
Month 3: Assistance sets are at 70% 1RM, 5 sets of 10

You can see how difficult this can get but you can also see how this will really ask a lot of your body and hopefully with proper nutrition, some big growth.

If this isn't clear, I'm posting today's workout in the next post and you can just follow along from there.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Kill it bruh

D

D3Baseball

Awards
Log Day 5 Workout
Squat, Week 1

Squat - Primary
5 x 225
5 x 255
5 x 285

Deadlift Boring But Big Assistance
185 pounds
5 sets, 10 reps each

Ab work
I don't know how to describe this exercise but I added it for balance at the end of the workout.

I took Maximize Intense Mango Peach Tea before this workout. First of all, I really don't like tea flavors and since this is a pretty accurate flavor I didn't care for it. Not a very important thing to me, though. I abstained from stims over my short lifting break and this time it hit me much harder than the first time. In hindsight, I would have lowered the dose as I had trouble controlling my heart rate later in the workout. Nonetheless, I like the stim "feel" of this product. Again it isn't real euphoric so to speak but as I got about 30 minutes post consumption waiting for my girlfriend to get ready to walk to the gym I just felt like I had to workout. I had energy that needed to be released via moving weights. Very good feeling.

As far as this workout goes, this **** is going to be crazy. Those late sets of deadlift are for real and things are only going to get tougher as I'm unable to rest through the DOMS and the weights get higher later in the cycle. Tomorrow I will hit the military press primary.

D

D3Baseball

Awards
Night 5 was yet another good sleep. I had limited time to sleep (~5 hours), but slept deeply and without interruption. More importantly, when I got up I was able to get right out of bed. Like I've said before, when I'm feeling ****ty I can't resist that snooze button but this morning I was even able to articulate that I wanted to get up before taking just a few minutes to gather myself and get out of bed. We're approaching a pattern that can't be explained by coincidence with sleep.

Press Day to come this afternoon.

D

D3Baseball

Awards
A note on recovery -- I thought I'd surely be completely ****ed up from the squat/dead combo yesterday. So far, not really. Not really even at the normal soreness I'd get before upping the workout intensity with the 3 month challenge. Could be encouraging, as long as DOMS don't slam me tomorrow :p

Log Day 6 Workout
Week 1, Press Day

Military Press - Primary

75 x 5
95 x 5
115 x 5

Bench Press - BBB Assistance
95 pounds
5 sets, 10 reps

Bent-Over Rows
95 pounds
5 sets, 10 reps
super setted with bench press

Barbell Curls
for dem girls

Took my two Hemavol Lemon Drop sample packs today. First of all, taste was a refreshing change of pace. It reminded me when I'd mix my own lemonade and add just a bit too much sugar :D I was pretty skeptical of the pump aspect partway through my workout, but it hit me late and it hit hard. More than pure pump, great vascularity and some pretty crazy hardness. Definitely one of the best pump products I've had based on one use. I will confess that this is a somewhat unfamiliar workout, so time will give me a bit better perspective. Endurance was very good, it wasn't that long ago that I struggled to get all that volume and it was really pretty easy work.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Insane recovery is about to be yours. If you get serious doms, it'll be ur last while on intimidate :p

D

D3Baseball

Awards
Night 6 was yet another deep, uninterrupted sleep. I did give in to the snooze button this morning, but it happens. For those keeping score, I'm 6/6 on good sleeps so far with Intimidate.

I weighed in this morning at 195.5 and 14.8% BF this morning when I was 197.4 and 15.4% to start with. This is well within the range of scale error, especially on the BF%, and I could have lost some water weight from the discontinuation of TTA. Time will tell.

For recovery, I don't feel bad at all this morning. Legs/back didn't really get worse from that tough ass low body workout on Monday -- I feared DOMS would kick in today so I may be lucking out there. Zero soreness to speak of with my upper body right now. I'm taking today off to drive home for Easter weekend as this was a planned offday anyway. I'm hoping I'll be recovered enough to DL/squat tomorrow, but I'll give myself another day off if need be. The last thing I want is doing too much, too soon.

Diet has been great. IF has made staying true to my diet plan much easier. The daytime stinks when I'm fasting yes, but I never overeat in the feeding period. I've actually had trouble getting enough food down a couple of times. For re-emphasis, I'm bulking at 3000 cals and aiming for 225g protein per day. I will do 200, but I don't want go to lower than that especially since I have to guess the macros on some of my cafeteria intake. Not worried about the other macros, really. I get plenty of good fats and I've been occasionally timing carbs pre/post workout.

D

D3Baseball

Awards
Night 7 was another smashingly good sleep. An easy 7 hours, felt very refreshed upon waking (other than my eyes being on fire from my contacts).

Even better is that I'm completely soreness free in my legs which is awesome and will allow me to work out today.

I've noticed a good mood for a while now, but I will note that there are some confounding variables. I think I'll have a better feel for this by the end of the log.

Later on I'll be doing my deadlift day which of course means squatting for assistance. Should be another epic (and tough) day at the gym. I've been moving my squat assistance towards more Olympic form to work on flexibility, functional leg strength, etc. and I will continue that today. I've been narrowing my stance and deepening reps on heavy squat work too, but more gradually so I don't hurt myself.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've noticed a good mood for a while now, but I will note that there are some confounding variables. I think I'll have a better feel for this by the end of the log.

dat ALCAR ;)

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Awesome workouts bro. I'd image hemavol and 50 assist deads/squats = massive pumps.

Does the IF style diet allow you to bulk at 3000 calories, or do you gain pretty easy? I ask bc your size. Now that I am around 190 I have to eat so much food to maintain/gain. I am on my feet a lit at work too.

D

D3Baseball

Awards
dat ALCAR ;)
hmmmmmm....could be

Awesome workouts bro. I'd image hemavol and 50 assist deads/squats = massive pumps.

Does the IF style diet allow you to bulk at 3000 calories, or do you gain pretty easy? I ask bc your size. Now that I am around 190 I have to eat so much food to maintain/gain. I am on my feet a lit at work too.
I gain VERY easily...in the bad way at least. I don't have those nice bodybuilder genetics and I was raised with terrible eating habits to boot. If I ate simply based on my hunger, I'd be chubby, muscleless 220 (which I was not that long ago). IF is good to prevent me from fighting the temptation to just stuff my face.

D

D3Baseball

Awards
Not the best day for diet today. Too much junk/snacking. Not way over my cal total (<500 cals over, methinks) but not composed very well. But I have plenty of proton and ehh fack it I'm on Easter vaca for a couple days.

Anyways here's your Log Day 8 Work
Week 1, Deadlift

Deadlift - Primary
5 x 225
5 x 275
5 x 315

Squat - BBB Assistance
5 sets, 10 reps, 175 pounds.

Hanging Knee Raises
3 sets of 10

Workout was meh. Took Maximize Intense beforehand and that got me ready for the gym when I was otherwise feeling unenthusiastic. The DL'ing part of my workout was fine -- not super intense but solid. For some reason though, squatting just sucked. My form was terrible and I just wasn't correcting it well. So many bad reps. I ended up with an unreal low back pump and it later became so painful I had to lay down on my couch to take the pressure off. I did get a modest thigh pump which is unusual for me. I wonder how significant it could have gotten if I had done squats well enough to actually activate my leg muscles. I filmed a couple sets and while I was focusing on depth, I really was hardly getting past parallel. Next time I do heavy squats I need to film myself to make sure I'm getting adequate depth.

Time to crack down on flexibility, etc. Anyone with tips to improve my squat depth (flexibility regimen suggestions presumably)?

J

Jahcuree

Not the best day for diet today. Too much junk/snacking. Not way over my cal total (<500 cals over, methinks) but not composed very well. But I have plenty of proton and ehh fack it I'm on Easter vaca for a couple days.

Anyways here's your Log Day 8 Work
Week 1, Deadlift

Deadlift - Primary
5 x 225
5 x 275
5 x 315

Squat - BBB Assistance
5 sets, 10 reps, 175 pounds.

Hanging Knee Raises
3 sets of 10

Workout was meh. Took Maximize Intense beforehand and that got me ready for the gym when I was otherwise feeling unenthusiastic. The DL'ing part of my workout was fine -- not super intense but solid. For some reason though, squatting just sucked. My form was terrible and I just wasn't correcting it well. So many bad reps. I ended up with an unreal low back pump and it later became so painful I had to lay down on my couch to take the pressure off. I did get a modest thigh pump which is unusual for me. I wonder how significant it could have gotten if I had done squats well enough to actually activate my leg muscles. I filmed a couple sets and while I was focusing on depth, I really was hardly getting past parallel. Next time I do heavy squats I need to film myself to make sure I'm getting ad

Time to crack down on flexibility, etc. Anyone with tips to improve my squat depth (flexibility regimen suggestions presumably)?
Look into overhead squats as a possible warmup to squats. Really good for working on hip flexibility

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
D

D3Baseball

Awards
Thanks fellas.

Night 8 was the first night of sleep with any interruption. Woke up just once in the night, I think as a result of a nightmare more than anything else. Had no problems going back to sleep.

Recovery seems impressive again -- hardly sore at all today. As long as I don't get hit with DOMS tomorrow, color me impressed so far.

Later today I will be doing my bench workout.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
awesome log man. Keep it up.

I've been on Intimidate for just over a week now, and the dreams are insanely vivid. I NEVER remember my dreams, but now each morning I'm like 'DAMN! THAT WAS A MESSED UP DREAM!" lol

D

D3Baseball

Awards
Log Day 9 Workout
Week 1, Bench Day

Bench - Primary
115 x 5
135 x 5
155 x 5

Shoulder Press - BBB Assistance
65 pounds, 5 sets of 10

Lat Pulldowns
5 sets of 10, 90 pounds resistance

Dips
3 sets of 10, bodyweight

Pretty decent workout today. Don't hate on me for low bench press, I've lost a lot because of my shoulder injury. I'm hoping to build a big chest on this regimen :D. I thought while looking at myself in mirror today at the gym that I've put on some muscle mass over time -- I don't look quite like the narrow, slump shouldered chubster I was about a year ago.

It's crazy how different things can feel from set 1 to set 5 on that assistance work, too. I thought I needed to add weight at first but 5 sets later I was ****ing dying.

I was also pumped as fuark. I decided to stack Hemavol and Launch 4350. While the Fierce/Hemavol stack is popular, I wanted to give Hemavol a chance to be the only pump inducing supp in the regimen. I've been very impressed with it, honestly (Lemon>Watermelon). If I was to make an iForce pre purchase at this point, I'd probably go for Max Intense though -- the feeling I get with it is really somewhat unique, I like it. An Intense/CM2 stack would be pretty epic, methinks.

Rant Mode: Why is it that when I try to superset anything at this gym, some dumb mother****er goes straight to whichever piece of equipment I'm not using? Either ask me or just watch what I am doing for a couple minutes and it will be clear that it is occupied. Also - it astounds me the amount of people that appear to be trying to superset the entire gym; just wandering from machine to rack to whatever else, with no rhyme or reason. I DON'T WANT TO TALK TO YOU TO ASK YOU WHAT YOU'RE USING

/endrant

As far as recovery, I am fairly sore today as I expected from yesterday's leg workout. I'll have two more days to rest up so I should be fine by my next lower body workout. This program is pretty crazy (compared to my past experience) as far as volume in primary lifts goes so I expected some pretty intense soreness. If I don't get worse tomorrow I'll have to give credit to this stack.

Libido Note: Tried to abstain from "activity" for a couple days since I'm away from the GF for Easter...but I ran into my old friend pornhub and **** went down. Passionate passionate love.

D

D3Baseball

Awards
Night 9 was another good sleep, just one interruption for peeing. I should mention that that interruption was already about 6 hours in and I've probably conditioned myself via school to wake up after about 6 hours/around 6 AM. I've definitely been enjoying the sleep effects, here.

As far as recovery goes, I'd say I actually had a slight improvement in leg soreness today. This is very encouraging -- if this stuff is really working, I'd expect not to have any soreness tomorrow. I'm actually going to eat a little extra today for growth's sake and the sake of my happiness ;)

J

Jahcuree

Night 9 was another good sleep, just one interruption for peeing. I should mention that that interruption was already about 6 hours in and I've probably conditioned myself via school to wake up after about 6 hours/around 6 AM. I've definitely been enjoying the sleep effects, here.

As far as recovery goes, I'd say I actually had a slight improvement in leg soreness today. This is very encouraging -- if this stuff is really working, I'd expect not to have any soreness tomorrow. I'm actually going to eat a little extra today for growth's sake and the sake of my happiness ;)
Lol about the pornhub meeting!!!!!

D

D3Baseball

Awards
True confessions: I've done a bit of snacking the past couple of days while home...damn you mom for greeting me with Easter candy and Girl Scout thin mints!

good night, sweet recomp aspirations

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Girl scout mints are the bomb digidy

D

D3Baseball

Awards
Girl scout mints are the bomb digidy
aww yeah

Night 11 - Had a couple interruptions tonight. Fortunately (unfortunately in this case) I am back at school and now I sleep each night with my girlfriend. The unfortunate part is that I occasionally wake up when she does throughout the night. I vaguely remember a couple instances of her getting out of bed to pee or something. Wasn't a bad sleep, and obviously there are several variables that keep me from saying "Intimidate sucks!" I still felt fairly rested upon waking (8 total hours of sleep).

I'm back at school so I should be hitting macros a little better. After this weekend I'm holding forth at 199 pounds and 15.5% BF which is basically where I started. Considering the cheats I had over the weekend, not so bad. I expect that to go down a bit after I get back to IF and working out, etc. Today will be squat day and while I still feel my back a bit, I'll be okay.

D

D3Baseball

Awards
Log Day 11 Workout
Week 2, Squat

Squat - Primary
235 x 3
275 x 3
305 x 3

Deadlift - BBB Assistance
185 lbs, 5 sets of 10

Didn't bother with any extra work. I'll tell you what -- 50 deadlifts of any weight is just freaking intense. My body is NOT conditioned for that type of volume. I kind of like it though, and I hope I can get some nice growth and overall strength increases after doing this for three months. My primary squat work is staying challenging because I'm really focusing in on my form and trying to make things more "olympic." I used to have too much forward lean and a little bit lower bar to where I was in some weird middle ground between olympic style and PL'ing style. I still don't have the great flexibility needed for it to be real pretty, but I'm putting work in on keeping my stance narrower, getting more depth, and staying upright. I think this should pay off in the long run.

Took SAN CM2 and Gaspari SuperPump MAX preworkout and this was a great combo. I didn't get overpumped, though I do wonder if I would if I did more squatting. I noticed a calf pump after my 2 minute warmup on the treadmill, lol. I had a profound pump in the middle of my back, made it feel like my spine was recessed very far into my back after all those deadlifts. And of course the forearm pump was crazy. I worked out fasted meaning I wanted to do some BCAAs pre-workout and Cyrus told me based on my weight I should have about 4g -- SPMAX conveniently has 4g Leucine in two scoops :D

Night 12 was a very good sleep, all back to normal. My girlfriend told me that she had a terrible sleep, but it didn't bother mine any, lol. I have no choice but to assess Intimidate as a legit sleep enhancer.

Recovery: I honestly feel less sore this morning than I did yesterday morning. Yesterday I had some lingering back soreness and I don't detect that at all this morning. Doesn't make any sense, but I'll go with it...could be due to a cleaner/higher protein diet yesterday compared to the day before.