MKRETZ inSLINsifys his gains with Purus labs Pslin!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks so much to purus labs for letting me log this.....i am new to GDAs/insulin mimickers, but have used glycobol and slin sane, so I will try my best to mention comparisons to the two.

- I am currently trying to bulk up with as litel fat gain as possible (arent we all lol) I am starting back in IF or lean gains diet because i feel like i am much mroe alert throughout the morning this way.....this also mean that in my fast breaking meal i will be having anywhre from 180-250 grams of carbs in one meal.....i am takingin about 3500 calories a day.... I have not weight myel lately but last it was about 143-144 that is right after going ot the bathroom, first thing in the morning on a scale that tends to read a little low, so id say im about 145 :-( Hopefully this changes.....my workouts are kinda high volume, which may be an issue.

-My split is chest/arms, back, shoulders, arms, legs.....off days are taken if needed , usually 2 a week, always take the day after legs off. the day after legs I will usulaly go in or some cardio to get the blood flwoing to the legs....and the otehr off day usually turns into some plyometrics and/or ab and calves, becasue i am trying to get soem of my eplosivenessbac ( i used to run a 4.4 40yd dash and be able to dunk at 5'8)

- i try to start off each workout witha power movement for low reps working on strength, power, and getting some hormones flowing.....also jsut recently (last week or so) i have really been focusing on taking the negative slow, exploding up and really contracting th muscle hard, and im loving it, ive had some of the best pumps in a while lifting thsi way and feel like this is doign alot of good. Ill start off with lower reps (8-10) for a few sets to relaly tear down teh msucle then last set will be higher reps (12-15) to pump the area full of blood for recovery

- in regards to the slin shot, i will be doing 2 caps with the fast break meal if is is 180 or so carbs, but 3 if it is more towards 250.....anyoen have any experience with high levels of carbs like this with slinshot? how many carbs per cap? I will note any side effects (ex. glycobol gave me a heartburn feeling).....I will also comment on bloating, one thign i noticed with gylcobol was decreased bloat form large amount of carbs

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Thanks so much to purus labs & Aaron for letting me log this.....i am new to GDAs/insulin mimickers, but have used glycobol and slin sane, so I will try my best to mention comparisons to the two.

- I am currently trying to bulk up with as litel fat gain as possible (arent we all lol) I am starting back in IF or lean gains diet because i feel like i am much mroe alert throughout the morning this way.....this also mean that in my fast breaking meal i will be having anywhre from 180-250 grams of carbs in one meal.....i am takingin about 3500 calories a day.... I have not weight myel lately but last it was about 143-144 that is right after going ot the bathroom, first thing in the morning on a scale that tends to read a little low, so id say im about 145 :-( Hopefully this changes.....my workouts are kinda high volume, which may be an issue.

-My split is chest/arms, back, shoulders, arms, legs.....off days are taken if needed , usually 2 a week, always take the day after legs off. the day after legs I will usulaly go in or some cardio to get the blood flwoing to the legs....and the otehr off day usually turns into some plyometrics and/or ab and calves, becasue i am trying to get soem of my eplosivenessbac ( i used to run a 4.4 40yd dash and be able to dunk at 5'8)

- i try to start off each workout witha power movement for low reps working on strength, power, and getting some hormones flowing.....also jsut recently (last week or so) i have really been focusing on taking the negative slow, exploding up and really contracting th muscle hard, and im loving it, ive had some of the best pumps in a while lifting thsi way and feel like this is doign alot of good. Ill start off with lower reps (8-10) for a few sets to relaly tear down teh msucle then last set will be higher reps (12-15) to pump the area full of blood for recovery

- in regards to the slin shot, i will be doing 2 caps with the fast break meal if is is 180 or so carbs, but 3 if it is more towards 250.....anyoen have any experience with high levels of carbs like this with slinshot? how many carbs per cap? I will note any side effects (ex. glycobol gave me a heartburn feeling).....I will also comment on bloating, one thign i noticed with gylcobol was decreased bloat form large amount of carbs
Have fun man!

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good start and interested to see how it treats ya.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
off day today, did some cardio, tehn workied all day, calories only aroudn 2700/2800 kinda worreid i did too much today, long day at work moving around all day, and my legs are etremely sore......no carbs except for veggies dairy and nuts......so no slin shot today.........just realied i put pslin inthe title, can someone change that please?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
off day today, did some cardio, tehn workied all day, calories only aroudn 2700/2800 kinda worreid i did too much today, long day at work moving around all day, and my legs are etremely sore......no carbs except for veggies dairy and nuts......so no slin shot today.........just realied i put pslin inthe title, can someone change that please?
I saw that title last night, it can't be changed.

I told u to use spell check... :p

Oh well keep rolling with it.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i feel like such an idiot!!!!!!! thats what i get for rushing

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
so work needed someone and called me and i decided to help out so i took today off ...thas 2 days in a row, so that means low carb 2 days in a row, ....gonna have a "refeed" tomorrow, shootin for around 400 g....this shoudl be intersting ....gona ahve a fast break meal around 120 g carbs ( 2 slin shot)....then post workout will be around 235 g carbs i think..... gonna do 3 slin shot....then another meal with about 50 g prolly ....debating if i wanna use another slin shot here, proly will though cu its before bed, cant wait to see what i look/feel like the next day haha

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
well today was a carb up day for sure.......first meal had 125 g carbs, 2nd meal (fast break) had 235 g, and eating right now meal with 40 g so dialy total of 300 g protein 400g carb 89 g fat for 3600 cals, dunno how long itsbeen since ive taken in 400g carbs so im looking forward to seeing how i look/feel tomorrow...... I took 2 slin shot with teh first meal and 3 with teh 2nd....none witht he lasst.....im kind of a carbophobe so for me to take in 235 g carbs in tat fast break meal at 9 o clock at night, thats a big deal to me so i am interested tos ee what happens. .....although the past 2 days have been almost no carb i thought i woudl have a pretty good workout since i was taking 125 g arbs with my preworkout meal with teh slin shot, however i was pretty out of it today in the gym, no idea why..........reps were a little lower so that mightve been the reason for not as much of a pump , i sitll feel liek i did some decent damage esp. since i used bands on bench and hammer strength press.....also i guy commented on how lean/cut up i am, i guess thats a good thing, but to me all that means is im too damn skinny.... cant wait for tomorrows back workout though,i should def have a lot of glycogoen so lets see how it goes!

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is the first PSlin log I have seen since the bulk powder came back at the planet. Not sure why Purus paid for you to log a USP product though! ;)

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
This is the first PSlin log I have seen since the bulk powder came back at the planet. Not sure why Purus paid for you to log a USP product though! ;)
Cause I can do that ;)

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yea yea, make me feel even worse...... no tiem to write out he workout today guys sorry, but it was a good one! very focused felt strong im guessing he 400g of carbs helped haha

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
yea yea, make me feel even worse...... no tiem to write out he workout today guys sorry, but it was a good one! very focused felt strong im guessing he 400g of carbs helped haha
Fast typer haha...

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Got everyone speaking ebonics in here lol.
Subbing. Haven't tried Slin Shot.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
today was a shoulder day.....

started off with heavy push presses as a power movement for 4 sets of 8, only got 6 on the last set though its ok cuz i set a pr!

then i did banded seated lilitary presses, the band was reversed though so it pulls up on the weight, a very interesting feel for sure, was gettin a good pump from that

I had a certain workout i wanted to do but since i went to the busy gym aroudn my area at a busy tiem i had to make alot of adjustments, kinda messed with my ocus o well gotta make due.....

then did on heavy set of DB presses followed by 2 lighter sets with a drop set, that was pretty brutal.....

next was DB lateral raises superset with cable high pulls, what a burn......im really tring to beef up my shoulders to get a wide frame look so the heavy presses mixed with pre fatiguing my lateral delts im hoping will do this

then i did 3 sets of rope face oulls for rear delts relaly focuing on the squeezing of the delta rather than the arms or back, def. hit a pr here with better form than usual, of course a few cheat reps at the end for some extra growth

also for rear delts i did seated bench over rear laterals with the DB very strictjsut to finish off the rear delts.

for traps i did rev bande shrugs which gave a great contraction, then behind the back "high pulls" i guess ud call them but u really ueee ur traps, i lvoe thse, and then a wierd DB shrug a trainer i work with showed me where u grab teh dumbells then twise ur arms so ur palms face out (awkward i know) and bring ur shoudlers a little forward making sure the weights arent resting on ur legs and do strict shrugs....i feel these more than anything, shows u how variation can really change things up!

then for abs i jsut did sum rev. crunches and static lateral holds (holding a heavy DB in one arm and jsut bracing ur torso...harder than i thought, will do these again for sure, i wanan buildin up my abdominal wall i geuss ud call it, the walls on teh side of teh rectus abdominus, also, doe anyone have an good exercises that work for deepining teh grooves beteen my abs, they are almsot non exsistend, ive heard highr reps, but i dunno.................

how many caps of slin shto woudl u guys recommend...ive been doin 2 with anyehre from 60-100 then 3 with anythign above that, even 200g oday, u think 4 woudl be ok? or 3 fine? what about on my higher carb day when i could be taking in almsot 300 at once?...if its under 50 g i suually dont take one, thanks!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I would go by feel and expierment with it, try more caps with more carbs, just be sensible.

Personally that's how I like to dose my GDAs... To answer the question if I understand it is that yes you can use more caps on higher carb days.

Nice detail update there and also good volume.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ive been playin aroudn with teh dosage, right now doin 3 caps with about 200 g carbs , on my high carb day ill prolly do 4 with my fast break meal which will probably be around 280 g carbs......... i notced today i was very vascular all night long, still am actually, thinking the slin shot is starting o work its magic, i mean im a really lean guy as it is but def. more noticable vascularity, also, weighed myself today, its been a few weeks, and im up 2 lbs so i cant complain!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
ive been playin aroudn with teh dosage, right now doin 3 caps with about 200 g carbs , on my high carb day ill prolly do 4 with my fast break meal which will probably be around 280 g carbs......... i notced today i was very vascular all night long, still am actually, thinking the slin shot is starting o work its magic, i mean im a really lean guy as it is but def. more noticable vascularity, also, weighed myself today, its been a few weeks, and im up 2 lbs so i cant complain!
Good deal.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mkretz FYI I am not a mod lol. I don't know who told you that but I can't change your title. Talk to "admin"

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
today was an arm day....started offwith banded towel bench 4 sets of 6 then a couple heavy singles jsut to see what i could do, def. not a max but felt good to move some heavier weights.

then i did Rev. banded close grip smith bench presses, normally i dotn feel CG presse smuch in my tris but toay was an exception, great pumps the whoel workout, even working in the 8-10 rep range on these, i was really feelin it in my tris

next was decline skull crushers , 4 sets 8-10 last set was a drop with presses as well

then i did a different superset for me, 3 sets of vbar pushdown ss with bench dips, this relaly pumped up teh tris

lastly for tris i did DB overhead ext. but woulnt go nearly as heavy as normal, tris were def. shot, form was perfect thogh, all the way down fora good stretch

for bis i started off with sumthign ery different..... i did 4 sets of 5 negatives which was pretty tough, i have never really done negatives before i dont think, def. felt somedamage goin on haha

net was one of my new favorite exercises, banded hammer stength plate loaded curl.......the contraction at the top of the movement becasue of the band is un beatable, nothin like it! its liek a mix of a pump and a ripping feeling all at once, gota lvoe it! 4 sets of 10 for that!

next was lying cable str8 bar curl, 3 sets 10-12 then 3 sets incline curl 10-12 with a double drop on teh last set!

pumps were really good today, vascularity seemed more intense as well..... overall very good workout, my tris were shaking or a few hours after, which is not normal lol so i think i did good :)

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
very intense leg workout today, once i get going its sum good stuff lol....did rev. banded suats to start again but i think i set up the bands a little different so they didnt pull up as much so i was not able to do as much, however i made sure to get extra low and really felt it in my hams and glutes and of ccourse quads......

then i did sum jumps quats 4 sets of 6 with 135 jsut for some power....

then was high rep squats set 12-15 , went up in weight here form last week, last set was brutal, legs were shakin, ended up at the bottom of the rack

then did 3 heavy sets of hack squat where i was wable to increase weigh again and then a lighter set witha drop which once again had my legs feeling like they were o fire

then moved on to hams, did glute bridges, very controlled for a cahgne with the same weihts as last week so i was def. streonger here, then moved onto RDLs.....

next was wide stance sumo DLS with 25s on each side then jsut added weigh from tehre so i had to squat real low and really squeeed my glutes at teh top of each rep, these were brutal, but im trying to target my glutes when possible.......

last was 3 sets of leg curls and 3 sets o leg ext last set was a double drop, then flexing and stretching after those drop sets ........ tomorrow will def. be an off day cu ill eb extremely sore, gonna do sum light cardio to get teh blood flowin though and hopefully ill find time to do some foam rolling as well

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i then took 4 slin shot with a 275 g carb meal......felt pretty swole after that lol....eating a notehr meal right now with aroun 100 g carbs right before bed, with 2 slin shot

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
im am also debating on taking a "deload" week with lighter weihts higher reps and shorter workouts, dunno though, id ont liek tod o it lol, maybe ill take a break from teh bands cu thsoe are pretty tough on the CNS​

how do you guys do deload weeks if at all?

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I do deloads for a week every several months or so. I just do lighter weights and not to failure most of the time. Sometimes I just take the time off and get other things done.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yea goin in and doing lighter weihts not till falure sumtimes become and issue for me cu i go in there and jsut wanna go hard cu thats what im used to lol...........i decided not to take a deload cuz i feel pretty good after aday off, gonna go to 2 on 1 off for a while though, i was trainig 3 days in a row and sumtimes 4 so hopefully that will help.........my legs are illing me still btw lol

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
today was back and i was stronger on all lifts.....next week i will change up what lifts im doing for 2 weeks then come back to these and see how strenght is coming along..... Ive been doing alot more width exercises, for the next 2 weeks gonna go for more thickness exercises, liek heavy t bars and closegrip pulldowns.

also at teh end of the workout i was sooo focuse don on my seated calf raises for sum reason...... it was the only calf exercises i got to but i was able to get 4 sets with 2 drop sets but with amaign contractions and drop to stanidng bw raises with stretches at the end.......i feet were like twitching for at leaast a half an hour after, felt great....with calfs u really gonna squeee the top of the motion and im starting to learn to do athat better, and man does it kill lol but fels amazing! pumps were lso very good!............. took 3 slin sane with fast breaking meal of 180 carbs, and 2 with prebed meal of 70 carbs.......anyone know how long it stays in your system like if my i have more carbs say an hour or 2 after taking the slin shot, if it will still have an effect?

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
off day today, no carbs really oher than dairy nuts veggies, so no slin shot, tomrorow will be a high carb day....doin 300g in one meal with 4 slin shot pwo..........should be interesting!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
How often u hit calves?

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
300 g of carbs in one meal...sounds heavenly! :D

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i try to do something every other day but they kinda become an after thought liek if my workout is taking too long ill skip them or like on te last workout ill jsut do one exercise for them, i gotta jsut try to get the most intensity i can in those few sets i do ........also on off days i try to hit abs n calves if i can, like i had plans to do them today but he workout ran long, i talked alittle and had to get to work

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
today was shoulders, for some reason i didn't get eally mentally focused in the workout untill about 3 exercises in, i really dont knwo y i was kinda jsut there, didn't liek that however eights still stayed the same on the beginning lifts so i guess i can't complain too much......i changed up a few oehr exercises hat i havent done in a while so i cant comment on strength increases, but teh end of the workout was def. alot better than the beginning. I also did very strict shrugs and man you do not need 300+ pounds like u see alot of people jsut movin up and down, full range of motion with squeezes and not resting hte bar on ur legs a the top or bottom, 155 is plenty, felt real good, might not look as good but who cares

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i woudl also like to comment on my large 300 g carb meal lol..........took 4 slin sho wih it, and i swear i could literally feel my body like swelling up lol, my vasculariy was insane for abou half horu when i REALLY noticed it........monster meal for sure haha, but sitll, no bloat, i did take almost 2 hours to eat teh whoel meal cuz i was working while eating and what not but sill, no bloat with 300g carbs, id say has prety good stuff!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
reallyfocused am workout today, felt amazing, pumps were incredible today as well....could be because yest. was a high carb day, stength was up on every lift, this is awsome lol havent had a seady increase in strength in a while....havent been on the scale lately hopefully ill remember to weigh in soon, i wanna keep it consistent ( i always do it in boer as soon as i get up and pee)

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
i woudl also like to comment on my large 300 g carb meal lol..........took 4 slin sho wih it, and i swear i could literally feel my body like swelling up lol, my vasculariy was insane for abou half horu when i REALLY noticed it........monster meal for sure haha, but sitll, no bloat, i did take almost 2 hours to eat teh whoel meal cuz i was working while eating and what not but sill, no bloat with 300g carbs, id say has prety good stuff!
Not having any bloat is a good deal that's 4 sure.

shdwmsk

Awards
Man you ain't kidding, as much as like eating carbs! Get to eat all them yummy foods and no Bloat or "carb coma" is awesome!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya i did 300 g in one meal again today and felt pretty good......id have to say better than glycobol in that respect with little food coma.......no bloat was the same with glycobol but i would still ge thte coma evey now and hten, have yet to get that with slin shot!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Ya i did 300 g in one meal again today and felt pretty good......id have to say better than glycobol in that respect with little food coma.......no bloat was the same with glycobol but i would still ge thte coma evey now and hten, have yet to get that with slin shot!
:thumbsup:

I just placed and order for some SLINshot my self, def going to be upping the carbs....

I think :confused: :lol:

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
extra cals today and lots of carbs so lookin forward to one pumped up chest workout tomorrow......... also in case u were wondering...when i take in teis 300 g ts a mi of all types of carbs for example, today i had brown rice, sweet potato, cocoa puffs, skim milk, oats, pumpkin, kiwi, strawberry, brown sugar baked beans and lots of veggies too

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
extra cals today and lots of carbs so lookin forward to one pumped up chest workout tomorrow......... also in case u were wondering...when i take in teis 300 g ts a mi of all types of carbs for example, today i had brown rice, sweet potato, cocoa puffs, skim milk, oats, pumpkin, kiwi, strawberry, brown sugar baked beans and lots of veggies too
Damn!!!
Gonna get massive!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn!!!
Gonna get massive!

hope so.....did somethina littel diferent toay, legs wrent feeling 100% still from last week sooo i decided to break them up this week, so my split will be different, today i did back and hams did deadlifts which hit hams, plus t bar rows cg cable rows, pullovers, pull ups, glute ham raise, one leg RDL ss with 1 leg press high on the press, glute bridges and i think somethin else for my back, reason i upped the cals toay was c as u can see..quite teh long workout, so hittin about 3700 today! hopefully ill be extra swole for tomorrwos chest workout......my splt for hte rest of the week look liek it will be chest and arms, maybe jsut chest and bis if my tris dont eel 100% cu they were still a little sore today,and tehn quads and shoulders wed before an off day thus.........how do you guys that split up hams and quads, really focus jsut on quads....its tuff, i wanna squat........maybe jsut do box squats ?

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
today i did quads/shoulders...not exactly sue how longi spent in tehe but it was a while.....workout was al ittle shaky towads the end, i jsut felt drained.....dunno if its low glycogen or what....also appetite was huge today, again, not sure why, didntsleep much yest, maybe thats teh reasons for all this.......

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I haven't noticed any bloat with carbs while taking slinshot either.

BTW, I like box squats alot.