MidwestBeast's Nimbus Body Guard Log (Sponsored)

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd like to give a big thank you to Tim and Nimbus Nutrition for hooking me up with a big bag of raspberry flavored sugar-free Body Guard to try out. I have to admit, I was a little confused when I got the package. I thought I ended up with some protein, until I realized that it was just in a bag. I wasn't expecting that. The cool thing is that it's a 60 servings package, so that will easily last me a month or a little more, depending on dosing.

For those that don't know, Body Guard is a 5:1:1 BCAA product that also contains the Poseidon complex. I've used a lot of different intra-workouts and BCAA products, but never one with an electrolyte complex, before. My first intra-workout product was CL's Purple In-Train. I've also used: CL Purple Wraath, VPX Power Shock, Scivation XTEND (old version), USP ModernBCAAs, LG BC+EAA, Muscle Feast Anabolic Competition, and various bulk BCAAs (2:1:1 and 4:1:1).

I typically dose anywhere from 15-25g of BCAAs for my workouts. It really just varies depending on how long or intense the workout will be and what my diet looked like for the rest of the day. My workout style is a 2 week variation, which I've been using for over a year and I really enjoy. It's a 5 day split with 1 week being Max-OT and the other high intensity. Obviously, I think where the most noticeable differences will be seen are during the high intensity weeks with less rest between sets, but I'll make whatever observations I can. I'll also be playing around with the dosing.

I've used this product 3 times, already.

Day 1 (Friday) was a Max-OT Arms session. I dosed 2 scoops of BG and 9g of 2:1:1 bulk BCAAs to give me a total of 23g BCAAs.

Day 2 (Saturday) was a legs session. This didn't follow my typical scheme, because I've actually been grouping legs with delts and traps or arms for a while and not giving it its dedicated day. Thus, I didn't want to go full Max-OT and not be able to walk all week. I dosed 3 scoops of BG for this one for a total of 21g BCAAs.

Day 3 (Sunday) was a Max-OT delts/traps session. I dosed 2 scoops of BG, alone, for a total of 14g BCAAs.

I always mix my BCAAs up with a half-gallon of water and drink it throughout my entire workout.

The first day, the taste wasn't great. Usually, I'll mix 1-2 scoops of a flavored amino product with my bulk to cut the flavor and save on cost. I also don't like my intra drink to be overly sweet, either. It wasn't bad, either, but the taste was spot on for the 2nd day when I mixed 3 scoops into that half-gallon of water. The flavoring was better than the first day, but still not great on day 3 with just 2 scoops. I think people would find much more favor in mixing it with a smaller amount of water, as I'm pretty sure most guys do.

The mixability isn't bad. You do have to give it some time to settle; it's certainly not instantaneous. I put the half-gallon of water into the jug (just cold water straight from the tap) and then dump the aminos in on top, shake it up and turn the jug every which direction to mix it all up. Usually doing that a handful of times and the 5 minutes it takes me to drive to the gym is enough for it to settle. Once it mixes, it's completely dissolved and no garbage sitting on top -- that is a major plus. It also appears that there are no added dyes, so it mixes almost clear (just a faint tint to it, though it's not really colored; just doesn't look like pure water). I do like this very much; especially for the gyms that don't let anything in but water; this would be an easy way to get away with that.

The taste is good. I won't say it's great, but it's certainly not bad, either. It's weird, because it seems like two separate things are going on, especially when you open the bag. There is a strong raspberry scent/flavor and there is also a separate scent (flavor, not so much) that accompanies it. I can't put my finger on it, but it reminds me of when I first started using supplements. Maybe my memory will be jogged, later. It's not bad, but it's not an overly pleasant thing, either. Like I said, it's not anything bad, but it is worth mentioning. Aside from that, the flavor seems somewhat faint, but that doesn't bother me at all. I'd actually prefer it for something I have to sip on for an hour +.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm in and first.
Haha glad to have you in.

Probably won't be an overly stimulating log, but it'll be interesting given my fairly extensive use of intra-products.

Today was on off day.

Tomorrow will be chest and maybe back combined into it, because I'll be gone from Wednesday to Sunday on vacation. No internet and no gym.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't care about this but I will sub anyways ;)
JKJK

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for joining in, guys.

nimbustim

Board Sponsor
Awards
In on this!

Like I mentioned to you previously.....we're currently updating the flavoring on BodyGuard & BodyGuard Sugar Free. I like that your getting a good feel of the old flavoring system, so that we can send you and updated version when it's released to compare. Also, the new versions will come in cobalt blue containers instead of bags.

I'm suprised no intense Beta-Alanine tingles were noted as each serving is 1.6g.

Also, your getting a healthy dose of Vitamin B12 (As Methylcobalamin) - 700mcg (11,667% DV) per serving.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I got back from vacation, last night. I will be hitting an arm session as soon as I get out of the office, this evening.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In on this!

Like I mentioned to you previously.....we're currently updating the flavoring on BodyGuard & BodyGuard Sugar Free. I like that your getting a good feel of the old flavoring system, so that we can send you and updated version when it's released to compare. Also, the new versions will come in cobalt blue containers instead of bags.

I'm suprised no intense Beta-Alanine tingles were noted as each serving is 1.6g.

Also, your getting a healthy dose of Vitamin B12 (As Methylcobalamin) - 700mcg (11,667% DV) per serving.
Glad to have you in here, Tim.

I'll definitely be interested to see the difference in taste. I may try to save a scoop at the end of this to do a side-by-side comparison. As I said, it's not bad by any stretch, just unique in what I can pick up on.

I'm kind of surprised I haven't noticed any BA tingles, myself. Well, actually, now that I think about it, it's likely because I sip that half-gallon over the course of an hour or so while I lift. And I definitely noticed the B12 in there, too.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mixed in 3 scoops, tonight since I was knocking out biceps and triceps. Had a very good session. The pumps weren't as great as what I sometimes get, but that's because my diet has been minimal the last handful of days while I was gone (barely ate the entire time), so not much glycogen. Despite having a few days off and not a great diet in between, my energy and endurance was actually pretty good. I also made a few increases on lifts from my last session, too. That was unexpected. I didn't decrease on any lifts, either. Taste was also very good with 3 scoops in the half gallon of water.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Some Nimbus love!

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Some Nimbus love!
Unfortunately Nimbus is the name of the neighbor's rottweiler!!!!! No MORE Nimbus love , get him off my leg!!!!

Seriously now . . . sounds like a good product: bcaa, BA, Poseidon

nimbustim

Board Sponsor
Awards
Mixed in 3 scoops, tonight since I was knocking out biceps and triceps. Had a very good session. The pumps weren't as great as what I sometimes get, but that's because my diet has been minimal the last handful of days while I was gone (barely ate the entire time), so not much glycogen. Despite having a few days off and not a great diet in between, my energy and endurance was actually pretty good. I also made a few increases on lifts from my last session, too. That was unexpected. I didn't decrease on any lifts, either. Taste was also very good with 3 scoops in the half gallon of water.
Great update.

As time goes on I feel like you will enjoy this product more and more.......this is the MO of the Poseidon Complex. It usually takes about 2 weeks to really kick in. I also feel like this is a great stim free product, as you will be getting some good natural energy from the complex. Heck the 3 scoops your taking has 2100mcg of Methylcobalamin (35,001% DV). This coupled with the benefits of Beta-Alanine makes this a great stim free product.

Some Nimbus love!
Hello Aaron.

Unfortunately Nimbus is the name of the neighbor's rottweiler!!!!! No MORE Nimbus love , get him off my leg!!!!

Seriously now . . . sounds like a good product: bcaa, BA, Poseidon
LOL...that's funny!

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Hello my recover bro...I'm in

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Took 3 scoops of BG and hit a high intensity delts/traps session, this afternoon. Workout actually started out slow. I led with seated DB shoulder presses and my arms were fatiguing pretty quickly (they were ridiculously sore going into it from Monday's session). I wasn't expecting much because of that, but then I ended up picking up a pretty decent amount of steam. Went into cable side laterals, next and those felt great. Finished delts off with some rear pec deck. Then went onto solo shrugs from the cable rings on the low pulley. One of the trainers recommended them to help me work out the imbalance I have (as well as solo ring lat pulldowns). I did 6 sets; 5x20 and then a final set of 30. I was pretty impressed that I was able to see some delt veins showing back up near the end (on the resting arm, no less lol). Then, I hit 3 sets of DB shrugs (85's x 25) and 3 sets of Smith machine shrugs w/ an overhand grip (2 plates on each side x 25).

I felt like I couldn't fatigue, which was pretty unique. I rocked 1 scoop of Ultima + 1 scoop ASGT pre-workout. I've become a much bigger fan of using 1 scoop of two different products.

Anyway, I think the Poseidon complex was starting to shine through with my ability to just torture traps, tonight. Maybe one day I'll be able to be compared to the great trapp mann :laugh:.

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Took 3 scoops of BG and hit a high intensity delts/traps session, this afternoon. Workout actually started out slow. I led with seated DB shoulder presses and my arms were fatiguing pretty quickly (they were ridiculously sore going into it from Monday's session). I wasn't expecting much because of that, but then I ended up picking up a pretty decent amount of steam. Went into cable side laterals, next and those felt great. Finished delts off with some rear pec deck. Then went onto solo shrugs from the cable rings on the low pulley. One of the trainers recommended them to help me work out the imbalance I have (as well as solo ring lat pulldowns). I did 6 sets; 5x20 and then a final set of 30. I was pretty impressed that I was able to see some delt veins showing back up near the end (on the resting arm, no less lol). Then, I hit 3 sets of DB shrugs (85's x 25) and 3 sets of Smith machine shrugs w/ an overhand grip (2 plates on each side x 25).

I felt like I couldn't fatigue, which was pretty unique. I rocked 1 scoop of Ultima + 1 scoop ASGT pre-workout. I've become a much bigger fan of using 1 scoop of two different products.

Anyway, I think the Poseidon complex was starting to shine through with my ability to just torture traps, tonight. Maybe one day I'll be able to be compared to the great trapp mann :laugh:.

Impossible

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I need to get me some Poseidon i loved it before it became impossible to find.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
All right, so yesterday, I knocked out a pretty good high intensity chest session.

Incline DB Bench Press: 4x12
Barbell Bench Press: 4x12
Cable Ring Fly/Pushdowns*: 4x12
Seated Cable Flys (mid pulley): 4x12

*I had these set on the high pulley and was pretty close to upright, while doing these. The focus was on lower chest.

I made some nice increases, which again, was surprising, as when I got in and started, I felt kind of weak. Very happy with how it turned out. And I almost forgot, i threw in a calf session, too. It was great.

Today, I hit a high intensity back session. At the recommendation of one of the trainers, I've been doing a lot of solo work to help try to correct some imbalances. So, I ended up only doing seated solo lat pulldowns from the cable rings (sitting in the middle of the cable rack, so it's very wide pulldowns) and solo seated rows (with the ring).

I hit 12 sets on the lat pulldowns (for each side) with reps ranging from 15 to 25 (most at 20 and 25). I had a great mind/muscle connection going on and was really feeling the lats doing the work. Then, i did 6 sets of 20 or 25 on the rows.

I had a great back pump going on and was just very pleased. So far I'm really enjoying an electrolyte complex in my intra-workout drink. In fact, I'd almost rather just use electrolytes over BCAAs if I had to choose one (assuming your diet is right, you're fine without the aminos intra, anyway).

I've been using 1 scoop of Ultima, 1 scoop of ASGT, and a low dose of piracetam for my pre-workout c0cktail, and I really enjoy it. Just thought I'd share. Tomorrow is off or cardio and Tuesday will be arms.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've since had a Max-OT arm session (Tuesday) and a leg session (Thursday). I also played basketball after my arm session on Thursday night, for the first time in over 6 months. For each session, I mixed up 3 scoops of BodyGuard with a half gallon of water. I added in 30g of carbs for when I was playing ball; I normally have a 32oz or two of Gatorades, so this was to replace them. I played 3 games and I felt like garbage after game 1, but it wasn't AS bad as I'd expected. I plan to play again, this week. We'll see if that makes a difference for me. I'm still very much enjoying the Poseidon complex being in my intra.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, tonight I squeezed in a Max-OT chest session and a back session (modified), too. It was a decent workout, but not what I was hoping for. My numbers dropped a tad on chest (incline bench down a bit on reps and scaled weight back by 10 on regular bench). However, I almost always have great workouts with increases in weight or reps, so I can't be too mad. I focused on isolation work for the back, to help with the imbalance: solo wide lat pulldowns on the cables with the rings and solo seated row work.

Today was a long day at work, so I'm happy I was able to bang this out as well as I did. Back felt ridiculously wide and pumped when I was done.

Tomorrow evening, I will be playing basketball and it will be an "off" day, so calories and carbs will be very low.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So I thought I'd share. Unfortunately I'm not seeing the aesthetic changes that most are (since it appears that the old endocrine system still isn't up to snuff; blood work in a week, hopefully), but I had a pretty crazy workout, today. My gym has been shut down for coming up on 10 days. I had to work out of town, today, and hit a gym there. I combined my chest and back workouts. The chest workout started off kind of rough. It was high intensity and short rest. I started off on DB Incline and did well, but regular bench (on Smith, because this place didn't actually have a bench press...) suffered a bit. Cable flys went well and then once I started hitting back (isolation work on lat pulldowns and seated rows), I just could NOT get tired. I was sweating like crazy, but I could have stayed there all day. Felt blown up by the time I left.

Really noticed the difference in endurance.

I enjoy the inclusion of the beta alanine and the electrolyte complex. I'm not looking forward to lifting without them intra-workout, again.

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Good update friend

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good update friend
Thanks, broseph. It sucks not seeing any progress, so it's nice to at least feel some progress in that sense.

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
I Respect your patience bud, things will work out for ya

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I apologize for not updating more. With a product like this, there typically aren't a lot of unique things to update on beyond what I already had. I did just use my last 2 scoops of Body Guard, 2 days ago. I have to say that it has been a very, very enjoyable intra-workout product.

I'll get a detailed full review up tonight or tomorrow, but I wanted to do this while I was thinking about it.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Final Review

This was a very enjoyable intra-workout product. I have used a lot of BCAA products (and I mean a lot), but this was the first one I used with an electrolyte complex. It's difficult to distinguish just how much of a difference the product can make, as simple things like better nutrition or more rest could have been the result, as well. That said, I was using very little in the means of any other supplements (I started off with only staples, then ran Erase Pro/C20 for a few weeks and unfortunately didn't see much help from them, and finished off with just staples, too).

Taste: This product has a very subtle taste. It's not overpowering and not overly sweet. It's a nice change of pace, and it's even less significant when mixed into a half gallon of water, like I do. I've tasted better products, but I've definitely tasted worse. I would rank this as in the upper tier, though. I wouldn't use this product in the hopes of a great/strong taste, though, because of its subtlety.

Mixability: Body Guard mixes up, nicely. As I said, I mix it in with a half gallon of water, so there's a lot for it to dissolve into, but it doesn't require a ton of work.

Overall: I did like the inclusion of electrolytes, particularly in my high intensity weeks, when my heart rate would get very elevated and rest times were short. It's hard to say if I noticed a difference, but mentally, I liked knowing that I was replacing some of those electrolytes. I know Tim mentioned some changes in flavoring coming up and I'd be interested in seeing how those compare, but Nimbus's flavoring system in general is nice. Like I said, it's a subtle taste, so less water is more appropriate if you're going for taste.

The bag lasted forever (I usually used 2-3 scoops, depending on the particular lifting session and how long it would last) and I will certainly look at using this product, again. I'd recommend it to anyone to at least give it a try.

Thank you to Tim and Nimbus for the opportunity to log this product. And I apologize, again, for the delay of this final review.