Old guy gets Intimidated

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
Old guy gets Intimidated: Log/Review

After doing some reading and reviewing other folks' logs, I decided to take the plunge and give iForce's Intimidate a try. This log may differ from others for a few reasons:

1) I have no affiliation whatsoever with ANY supplement manufacturer, distributor, Rep, or store.
2) I do not take, nor will I be taking, a dozen different supplements along with Intimidate besides whey protein.
3) I've never done a 'cycle' of anything: illegal, legal, or otherwise.

Background: I am nearly 49 years old and have been hitting the weights ever since I failed the Presidential Physical Fitness test when I was a fat 12 year old who could not complete one single chin up. I'm currently 5' 10" 183.2 lbs. Bodyfat I believe in the 14-16 range based on the mirror. I will confirm or adjust this number this evening as I was running late this morning and didn't have time to break out the calipers. Edit. Survey says....14.8%.

I work out 7 days a week alternating a weight room day with a cardio day. Weight days I break up into body parts. Back/Biceps, Chest/Shoulders/Triceps, Legs, and core/abs. For cardio I typically do 60 minutes on the arc climber. Weight days I record my lifts, reps, weights, and I wear a stop watch to time my rest between sets. People look at me like I am a douche, but hey, how can you accurately measure gains if you don't time your rest? If I rest 90 seconds one day and 3 minutes the next, of course I am gonna be able to squeeze out an extra rep or two with the longer rest period. Right?

In my log, I won't be listing every lift and rep. It will be as simple as "Did chest today, increased bench by 20lbs" (or "managed 3 extra reps") Or "no change"...something along those lines.

Diet is pretty darn clean. I avoid sugar like the plague, drink my coffee black, and will maybe have 2-4 beers over a weekend.

What interests me in Intimidate?

1) Better sleep. I sleep like crap. I am a very light sleeper, and if I have anything on my mind, I can kiss a good night's sleep goodbye.
2) Libido increase. What can I say, I'm closing in on 50. I can still 'get it done' and have never experienced ED, but I can't 'get it done' four times a night like I could when I was 20.
3) Potential size and strength gains. Both started really tanking about 9 months ago. I am not talking plateau, I am talking decrease in both. I am blaming this on low testosterone levels, but I do not have bloodwork to prove that. But like I said, I am old.

Ordered Intimidate online Friday the 9th and according to the USPS it got scanned yesterday about 40 miles from me, so I should have it today. $35.69 for 30 capsules. Free shipping. Seemed like a good deal and will get here sooner than expected. :)

Let the fun begin.

Edited 3/19/12. Checked my chart and my beginning weight was actually 183.2.

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
The eagle has landed. :) Ordered Friday, rec'd the next business day for $0.00 shipping. So far, so good. I'll be taking the first dose tonight before bed.

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
awesome bro, I think you'll definitely notice the deeper sleep pretty quickly (at least I did and I usually am a light sleeper myself). That, and you should notice a nice improvement in recovery, strength, and all things related. I've managed to gain 1.5 lbs while eating under maintenance, and my recovery has been awesome since I started Intimidate about 3 weeks ago. Looking forward to the updates :)

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im 24 and on my 3rd week of intimidate the increase in libido is crazy... I can't imagine how it will effect someone your age.

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
Im 24 and on my 3rd week of intimidate the increase in libido is crazy... I can't imagine how it will effect someone your age.
Should I warn my wife in advance or just 'surprise' her???? :)

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
surprises are always fun :D

GHO5T

Awards
Should I warn my wife in advance or just 'surprise' her???? :)
supruises are always fun..... but not when it turns into rape :D haha jk

Great start to the log man. I'm def interested in seeing how it goes for you.

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
in for results and 1 more vote for SURPRISE HONEY :) haha

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
Ok, took my first Intimidate last night just before hitting the sack. I slept like absolute sh!t. I do not attribute this at all to Intimidate, though. As I mentioned in my opening novella I typically do sleep like crap. And the prior non-Intimidate night's sleep was just as pitiful as last night. I am wondering if my new batch of ON Whey gold standard got laced with sugar or caffeine, since the last two nights I've taken some with milk around 8:30 PM, then went to bed at 9:30. Yeah, go ahead and laugh. 9:30 is pretty damn early, but I wake up at 5:00. I may dump the late night shake idea and have cottage cheese or greek yogurt instead. Oh and as far as dreams go, I am a very vivid dreamer (when I do actually sleep) always in color, and very detailed. So if Intimidate does make my dreams even more epic, I should be in for a wild ride. One weird and useless piece of information regarding my dreams: If I eat a banana any later in the day than 2:00 PM or so, I have horrific nightmares. I mean literally waking up screaming night horrors. In the last one I had my younger brother was getting brutally mauled by a bear and I kept trying to pull the damn beast off of him while I was getting showered by my brother's blood. Sweet Jesus, it was awful.

Anyhow, back to the log. As far as stomach issues, everything seemed fine with my morning 'constitutional' besides the fact I may have went a little too diavolo on the marinara sauce I made for last night's gamberi fra diavolo we had for dinner. Muy Caliente!!

Libido: No change

Workout: Today was cardio. I did 50 minutes on the arc climber. I typically do an hour, but the above mentioned 'constitutional' cut into my workout time. I was dragging a$$ in a big way too. It was pathetic. I attribute this to two nights in a row of lousy sleep, and maybe to the fact that I ate a banana pre-workout. I typically do cardio on an empty stomach. I'd love some advice on what I should be taking/eating prior to cardio. No supplements, especially stims, please.

Thanks for reading.

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
Took my second dose of Intimidate last night. Slept like sh!t again. I maybe got 40 minutes sleep all night. Only caffeine I had all day was at 7:30 AM. Also skipped my 8:30 protein shake. Still no sleep. Kinda pissing me off to be honest. Today I will skip coffee altogether, even though coffee in the morning has never been a sleep issue w/me. If I have another night tonight like last night, I am going to have to discontinue my use of Intimidate.

Did chest/shoulders/triceps today. Kinda weird. Warmup set on flat bench was fine, but my first real set was awful, like I was trying to lift a truck. Second set was better, 3rd and 4th set were even better, then 5th and 6th started to weaken(as usual). It was the first time ever that my 3rd and 4th set were better/stronger than my first 2 sets. Something to consider I guess. Incline bench was pretty good all sets, decline bench sucked. I can usually push some nice weight on the decline, but not at all today. Maybe being 12 sets in after 3 nights of no sleep caught up with me at that point. Seated overhead presses were average. Cable flies were a little weak. Finished up with some tricep stuff that I did pretty well on.

So, yeah, workout was hit or miss all over the place.

Still no change in libido. Still no stomach issues.

Praying for a good night's sleep tonight.

DiEsEL g33k

DiEsEL g33k

Awards
Im in for results.

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
OP, i must say my first week of sleep was SUPER deep in intimidate but i did wake up feeling like SHIOT...
Just had to stick it out and wait a week or so, but I was also adapting to 6am cario instead of 645am wake up time....

melatonin or ZMA may be your fixer :)

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
OP, i must say my first week of sleep was SUPER deep in intimidate but i did wake up feeling like SHIOT...
Just had to stick it out and wait a week or so, but I was also adapting to 6am cario instead of 645am wake up time....

melatonin or ZMA may be your fixer :)
How soon did the deep sleep kick in? First night? 2nd? 3rd? Thanks for the input!

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
hey man, I think some ZMA may help you out. If you shoot me your address, I'll have a bottle out to you today :)

It looks like a small % of people are not sleeping well on Intimidate. I think this may be due to how some of our chemistry works compared to others. Think about ADD medication...if a non ADD person took Adderall, they'd be insanely energetic, yet when someone with ADD takes it, they calm down big time.

I think the ZMA will help with sleep until the Intimidate stabilizes and you get used to it :)

edit: you can always try taking it pre-wo if the sleep thing continues.

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
hey man, I think some ZMA may help you out. If you shoot me your address, I'll have a bottle out to you today :)

It looks like a small % of people are not sleeping well on Intimidate. I think this may be due to how some of our chemistry works compared to others. Think about ADD medication...if a non ADD person took Adderall, they'd be insanely energetic, yet when someone with ADD takes it, they calm down big time.

I think the ZMA will help with sleep until the Intimidate stabilizes and you get used to it :)

edit: you can always try taking it pre-wo if the sleep thing continues.
PM sent. Thanks so much for the help. That is truly stepping up. It's funny you mention the pre-wo idea. I was going to ask you about that. I will try the nightly dosage tonight for consistencies sake, if I can't sleep at least I have two other methods to try. Now all I need is a T-shirt...hint hint.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I am 52; so I will be watching closely. Consider me subbed. I have been thinking of running Intimidate; your log may help that decision.

Good luck.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
PM sent. Thanks so much for the help. That is truly stepping up. It's funny you mention the pre-wo idea. I was going to ask you about that. I will try the nightly dosage tonight for consistencies sake, if I can't sleep at least I have two other methods to try. Now all I need is a T-shirt...hint hint.
This is shipping out today. I'm unsure of if its leaving our CA or east coast warehouse, so as soon as i found out ill give you an ETA on delivery.

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
This is shipping out today. I'm unsure of if its leaving our CA or east coast warehouse, so as soon as i found out ill give you an ETA on delivery.
Cool deal. Customer Service is not dead in America!!! Thanks again. :)

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cool deal. Customer Service is not dead in America!!! Thanks again. :)
I pushed it out of the east coast. With where you live, it should arrive by Friday(fingers crossed!)

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
Took one Intimidate before bed last night (I am not giving up yet, folks). Went to bed early, as I was beat yesterday. Rough sleep until about 2:32 AM then overslept till 5:25 or so. No biggee on the oversleeping, it was only a cardio day anyhow.

Libido: No change
Stomach issues: None at all

Only did 30 minutes on the arc trainer this morning, could have done more, but my motivation just wasn't there, plus my quads were burning. I usually do the weight loss cycle for 60 minutes. This morning I tried the strength cycle and it was 10X more intense. Still feel a little tired right now.

Gonna take Intimidate pre workout tomorrow because I need to catch up on my rest before the weekend. Spring is here and I've got a lot to do. :)

Vaughn, thanks again for following along and providing input and advice. I'll give the ZMA a try when it arrives.

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
I know it's usually recommended that people take it at night, but was wondering about dosing pre-workout or first thing in the morning, so far just been using it at night.

OP, normally I'm a light sleeper, but had ZMA in before Intimidate, and it definitely helped my sleep. Added in Intimidate and honestly some of the best nights sleep I've ever had. I usually only get about 5-6 hours a night with school and all, but I feel like I've gotten a full 8 every time pretty much, I think the ZMA should help :biggthumpup:

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I should have tracking info today, hopefully its there by tomorrow!

Keep pushing hard man, I know you'll be pleasantly surprised by the end of the cycle :)

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just missed the Friday cutoff! Will arrive monday :)

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
That will work! I'll experiment with a morning dose of Intimidate pre-wo through the weekend. It's a win/win.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey OP,

Try doing it before bed for just a few more days for me. Another user on AM was having similar issues to you, and here was his update today:

finally!! day 3 and I have regained my sleep!! went to bed at 10 and woke up at 845 with my 8am alarm blaring!! and some crazy dreams!! so I can attest to the claim of deep sleep because it truly does help it just takes a day or two to kick in! though it is still very early in testing, I can start to see improvements In volume, hardening, and vascularity

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I also had a hard time sleeping the first few nights. Scared the crap out of me but I think it was me over thinking all the great sleep claims. I'm in week three and dreaming like a baby

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
Day 4: Took another dose pre-bed last night. I did get about 5 hours of decent sleep. Full disclosure though, 45 minutes before I hit the sack, I did throw back a sample of 3Z my son gave me.

I was pretty well rested when I woke up. I will try Intimidate solo tonight, now that I feel like a human again and not a zombie. The 3Z may have been 'cheating' but in all honesty I was an unfocused mess because of my lack of sleep the last few days, and I was getting grumpy. Being a grumpy husband and father benefits no one in the house, not even the dog.

So, anyhow:

Libido: No Change
Stomach issues: None

Workout: Did back and biceps today. Had a really good workout. One exercise I always use to judge my strength is just your basic pullup. I start all my back days with 3 sets of pull ups. I was able to do an extra 2 reps on my first set and an extra 1 rep on the subsequent two sets. 90 seconds rest between sets.

I was also noticeably stronger on my seated rows. The rest of my workout was pretty damn good as well.

I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I think if I can get this sleep thing under control either by becoming more tolerant of the Intimidate, or by adding ZMA or maybe melatonin to the mix, I should be in for some nice gains. Best case scenario is that I get acclimated to the Intimidate. The one pill before bed idea was a major selling point for me. I'd hate to have to keep throwing $$ at an additional supplement to help w/sleep.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
the ZMA is free...youll be good to go!

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
the ZMA is free...youll be good to go!
Yep, and I appreciate it!! It's like that line from the Simpsons when Homer is stealing cable: "Nothing a month, now I can afford that!"

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yep, and I appreciate it!! It's like that line from the Simpsons when Homer is stealing cable: "Nothing a month, now I can afford that!"
Haha I love the simpsons, and I know exactly what you are talking about!!! Glad you are liking so far.. keep it up man!

Mike

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
Took another dose pre-bed, also took melatonin to help get rest. Crappy sleep, Finally slept from around midnight till 3:20 took more melatonin and slept till 5:30.

No gym today. Too much to do. It was gonna be cardio anyhow, so no big loss.

Libido: No positive change, in fact slightly to moderately down I'd say. (perhaps because I'm so tired)

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
Took another dose pre-bed, also took melatonin to help get rest. Crappy sleep, Finally slept from around midnight till 3:20 took more melatonin and slept till 5:30.

No gym today. Too much to do. It was gonna be cardio anyhow, so no big loss.

Libido: No positive change, in fact slightly to moderately down I'd say. (perhaps because I'm so tired)
I wouldnt be worried about the libido; if you're feeling that tired then that's the likely cause of it. I'd say once you get around the week 2 mark you should start to see a lot of the benefits start kicking up

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
Day 6. Took another dose pre-bed last night. Tossed and turned all night. Think I got maybe 2.5 hours of sleep total. Will not take tonight, will take pre workout at 5:00 AM. I tried to tough it out, but I need sleep. Once the ZMA arrives I'll give it another shot pre-bedtime.

Libido: Mehhh...down big time. I'd trade a good night's sleep for a good lay in a heartbeat right now.

Not working out today. I doubt my body has done any recovery with my recent sleep pattern, and I am just 'not feeling it' as far as wanting to hit the gym. I'm not gonna push my luck. The last thing I need is an injury. Hitting chest/shoulders/tris tomorrow though for sure.

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
As stated I skipped Intimidate last night. Slept 7 hours straight till 4:30. Only woke up because I needed to take a leak.
Libido bounced back a bit as well.

Took Intimidate at 4:30 since I was up anyhow.

Did Chest shoulders triceps this morning. Stronger than I was last week on flat bench. It's really weird, but as happened before, my 3rd and 4th sets are stronger than my 2nd. Incline was ok, definitely not a strong lift for me typically anyhow. Decline bench was decent. Seated shoulder pressses were good. Cable flies sucked. Tricep pushdowns were very good. It was a kind of hit or miss morning in the gym today.

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
wel definitely sounds ike you are a preworkotu candidate for intimidate, trust you will love it around week 4 when the strength really kicks in!

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
wel definitely sounds ike you are a preworkotu candidate for intimidate, trust you will love it around week 4 when the strength really kicks in!
I hope so. I need something to boost my test. Plus I will not give up. Somehow I am gonna earn me an iForce T-Shirt, dammit. :)

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
Got the ZMA today. Thank you. I will try it tonight without the Intimidate just so I can get a baseline on it. If all goes well I will try it tomorrow night as directed and I'll take an Intimidate before hitting the sack. Fingers crossed.

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
Got the ZMA today. Thank you. I will try it tonight without the Intimidate just so I can get a baseline on it. If all goes well I will try it tomorrow night as directed and I'll take an Intimidate before hitting the sack. Fingers crossed.
hope this works out for you OP, keep us posted

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I really hope you get the sleep issues figured out man!

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ZMA one hour pre bed, it will relax you a bit....

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
Took ZMA about 45 mins before bed. Slept from 9:30 till 2:30, got up took a leak, back to bed. Fell back to sleep around 3:15 and slept till 5:00. Not too shabby.

Took Intimidate at 5:00 AM. Worked out from 5:45 till 6:45. Abs and core. Cable crunches were very strong especially considering I had to do them later in my routine because the gym was a mob scene for some reason. Maybe first day of Spring made everyone realize that bathing suit weather is just around the corner. Not too motivated in the gym today, but abs and core is by far my least favorite to train, so I am never really gung ho like I am for chest or back.

Libido seems to be making a good comeback. Still below normal though, but pretty close.
No stomach issues.

Tonight I measure myself for bf% level and then measure chest, arms, thighs, neck, waist. Since it's been exactly a week since I've been running Intimidate, this will show any gains in size when compared against what I measured last Tuesday. Based on the scale at the gym I am up 1.3 lbs. We'll see how much of that is fat though. I've been going kinda heavy on the whole milk lately.

Got a Drs appointment at 3:00 today. They wouldn't see me till 6-8-12 for a physical. I mentioned I had a weird lump on my chest, and all of a sudden they wanted to see me immediately. So, I'll get that checked out and have my BP and cholesterol and all that checked at the same time.

RUNNER 67

Awards
I have been on Intimidate for about 10 days now. Slept good the first three, then not so much. Crazy ass dreams, I mean weird ****...Anyway, it works, libido is way high, strength keeps climbing (even though I am tired), and recovery is better. Wish I could sleep like I did. Starting to really lean up now. Almost notice a difference daily. Trying to decide if I should grab another bottle and try another 30 days... I need to know if ZMA works...Keep us posted.

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ZMA is like movie like dreams in a pill.. HIGHLY under-rated.

definitely get a 2nd bottle, Intimidate hits arond week 3 so weeks 3-8 will be GRRRRRRRREAT!!!
tony_the_tiger-lg.jpg

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
Took ZMA about 45 mins before bed. Slept from 9:30 till 2:30, got up took a leak, back to bed. Fell back to sleep around 3:15 and slept till 5:00. Not too shabby.

Took Intimidate at 5:00 AM. Worked out from 5:45 till 6:45. Abs and core. Cable crunches were very strong especially considering I had to do them later in my routine because the gym was a mob scene for some reason. Maybe first day of Spring made everyone realize that bathing suit weather is just around the corner. Not too motivated in the gym today, but abs and core is by far my least favorite to train, so I am never really gung ho like I am for chest or back.

Libido seems to be making a good comeback. Still below normal though, but pretty close.
No stomach issues.

Tonight I measure myself for bf% level and then measure chest, arms, thighs, neck, waist. Since it's been exactly a week since I've been running Intimidate, this will show any gains in size when compared against what I measured last Tuesday. Based on the scale at the gym I am up 1.3 lbs. We'll see how much of that is fat though. I've been going kinda heavy on the whole milk lately.

Got a Drs appointment at 3:00 today. They wouldn't see me till 6-8-12 for a physical. I mentioned I had a weird lump on my chest, and all of a sudden they wanted to see me immediately. So, I'll get that checked out and have my BP and cholesterol and all that checked at the same time.
hope everything comes back as good. glad that the zma helped a bit with sleep, should get better with a few more doses in your system

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
hope everything comes back as good. glad that the zma helped a bit with sleep, should get better with a few more doses in your system
According to the Docs, the lump on my chest is just a subcutaneous(spelling) cyst and is no big deal. He was rather surprised at my blood pressure though, as was I. I've always been in the Normal or Athletic range and all of a sudden I am in the mildly hypertensive range? Are DAA/NMDA products known to raise BP?